Shaw Communications Logo

Shaw Communications

Having problems with Shaw Communications?

+1 888 472 2222 (Customer Service)
+1 403 750 4500 (Head Office)
630 3 Ave. Sw Suite 900
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

constant fee increases

I am sick and tired of the constant increases in our tel/cable/internet bill from Shaw. We just had another increase in May 2009, and the current bill I received in July indicates another increase of $5 with the usual notation "Shaw is committed to improve our quality and service". In reality, all they do is collect your money and provide you with the same lousy bundle of tv shows - 120 channels of crap shows and may be 5 good channels of interesting shows. When questioned I was told that it is a requirement by CRTC to feature Canadian contents, which when cross checking found to be a hoax. When I phoned their customer service, and asked why they keep raising the fees and providing nothing in return, and what about the excuse of Shaw is committed to improve the quality and services with each increase and provide no such thing to the consumer. Why are they charging us extra so frequently but returningno additional services. The person at the customer service (after on hold for 20 minutes - because 'we are busy helping others '- recording) said "I really don't know why they are increasing the fees and providing no extras in return" Bingo! My sentiment exactly!

Shaw's greed must stop. They should let the consumer choose what they want to watch and charge them for those channels. Not forcing to buy a bundles of 8 to 22 channels to enjoy one or 2 channel. When you go to a restaurant you pay for what you order and eat. If they charge you everything on the menu regardless what they order, they will sure go out of business.

The competition Bureau is very much on the alert in this matter and hope they will do something to put a leash on Shaw's greed.

Angry Shaw Customer Mar 09, 2012

Shaw cable is raising there prices again on my bill by $16 now they want me to pay $200 for there services. It is time for the government to step in and start regulating the greed of all these big telecommunication companies. I will have to pay more for TV then to heat my home or have power are you kidding me.

poor attitudes & poor service

We have the most expensive monthly package that you could possibly purchase from Shaw TV and yet we can not record most of their movies to watch later as they have a 'code' preventing you from recording. Even though we are 'purchasing' these movies every single month we can not watch them as they are on at 3 in the afternoon or 3 in the morning and so we try and record them to watch at our leisure but Shaw forbids this!

Now get this, we CAN record them if we purchase a recorder from Shaw for $750.00 that is good for nothing but recording their movies! What a pile of crap, they tell us they are copyright protected by someone else and that is why we can't record them with our own recorder but we can record them if we pay another $750.00 to purchase their recorder!

Does this not smell like a monopoly to you? Does this not smell like the beginning of a class action lawsuit against Shaw TV to you?

Don

• Br
    Brad Feb 18, 2009

Shaw has nothing to do with this. these "codes" are set by the TV broadcasters. I am guessing you are trying to record on a Media Centre PC, or something similiar? I experiance the same thing with my Media Centre PC. I am able to record Shaw's channels using other 3rd party pvr software. Most of which are free to download. I can't using Microsoft's media centre software.

I also subscirbe to Shaw's most expensive package and have no problems recording anything. BTW< Shaw's HD PVR is only $398.00. This was the price I paid back in November.

It is funny how people love to blast companies when they know nothing about the actual problem they are having. Maybe a little research would have cleared this up for you.

• Ga
    gary Mar 09, 2009

Why on earth would you defend a company that doesn't give a rats ### about anything but money. You talk as if this company cares about you defending their business when we all know that in Calgary money talks and if you don't have enough money then you don't have enough friends because this city is so shallow in thought and more stupid when it comes to building anything worth going to see.Have you seen the Calgary Zoo? It's a big joke and whithin one hour you could walk through everything they have there and left looking for something to do. Please stop trying to sound so defensive unless your willing to shut up and take some constructive critisism. because the rest of Canada has is having a party while the people in Calgary are working to hard to keep up with the selfish a-holes that think of nothing but money and profit.

overbilling

On the 29/09/08 I was having difficulties with an attack on my system and was attempting to download a free spyware as directed by my provider SHAW Canada. I ended up in a purchase site and thought I was buying a contact for $39 for 3 years and when the bill came through later it was $69.14US. As it turned out the program never downloaded so not only did I get overcharged but I got no product.
Your billing # to my account seems to be [protected]

hacker attempts!

I am sick and tired of all of the repeated attempts by users of shawcable.net to access ports on my computer...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices