Shaw Communications Logo

Shaw Communications

Having problems with Shaw Communications?

+1 888 472 2222 (Customer Service)
+1 403 750 4500 (Head Office)
630 3 Ave. Sw Suite 900

Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 6:00pm
Sat - 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sun - Closed

Complaints & Reviews

so speed - not getting the internet speed I am paying for

I have been with Shaw for over 11 years, worst customer service, and tech support. I am paying for Broadband 50 and most of the time I get less than extreme or high speed internet connection. Called their Technical support, always the same thing, wait for over 30- 40 mins before getting to a rep, then the routine of unplug modem etc..I had to cancel appointments as I can not wait all day at home waiting for them, as I travel and work. I pay @$180 per month, it is frustrating when you surf the web, or check emails, you are not even getting the service you pay for. I replaced my router on advice of Shaw person, to the best one possible, still an issue. I got their Broadband 50 modem, and was told that I need to connect directly to my modem to get that speed, Shaw's own modem with built in wifi, can not even back up their wifi for speed. i believe the modern world uses wifi then plugging in your laptop with a direct cable. Tech and customer service calls have been pointless most time as is service calls, with out resolution of this issue. I had to get a WIND mobile stick for back, when my internet goes to snail's pace, I think dial up might be faster. The final reason for this complain here was due to bad experience with their technical support team. Looking to see if I can find another internet /phone/ TV provider without these issues.

• Sh
    ShawSean Mar 07, 2012

Hey Mike,

My names Sean from Shaw's Social Media Team. I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far. I'd really like the opportunity to get these issues resolved for you and will do my best to work around your schedule. Please email me at shawfeedback[at]sjrb.ca (replace [at] with @) with ATT: Sean in the subject line and I'll be in touch asap.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
    Sean

horrible service

I have had Internet with Shaw for 3 months, it has not worked for the last two months. When I call to get it fixed I am put on hold for anywhere from 15 minutes to 40 minutes. On one occasion the employee was to busy chatting with the people around him / dropping the phone to pay any attention to the task at hand, he made me repeat the problem 3 times because he was laughing at a joke someone was telling in the background (good thing they have so much time to stand around and joke while people wait on hold for 34 minutes). He then preceded to ask me if he could write down my personal number so he could call me the next day, I declined so he gave me his cell number and instructed me to call him the next day so we could really chat (not going to happen pal). That particular call went on (it remained wildly inappropriate throughout) and resulted in my getting an appointment to have my Internet fixed 19 days from now, so all and all I will be without a service that I am paying for for nearly 3 months. I have been instructed to set up a credit with customer service after the problem is fixed, which means I have to spend another hour of my life dealing with this issue. I would be embarrassed to give service like this, there is really not one thing impressive about the customer experience at Shaw.

no cable service, no customer service

We have had no cable service for two weeks and can' t get through to customer service. We have spent over 4 hours altogether waiting on hold, three different times. They say "your call is I portent to us"...we are not sure where to turn as we are always hitting dead ends trying to get through to someone.

• Ds
    DSgamby Nov 30, 2011

Did you try their chat?

digital service box

shaw cable took away services we were satisfied with and now required us to purchase a box to view channel...

terrible place to work!!!

Absolute worst place to work I have EVER experienced!!! I worked there for almost 4 years, was lied to by the corporate big wigs continually, and was taught how to lie and manipulate customers to make more money for the Shaw "family." Shaw is a rip off, plain and simple. Overpriced products and services, unreliable quality, and a staff that will badmouth you and your pay per view choices (yes, THOSE ones) to everyone who will listen. The profit that these people are making off their customers is disgusting, and their repeated price increases are not because of "rising costs" they are out of GREED. Everytime a price increase was put into effect, the supervisors and big bosses got bonuses, shiny new vehicles, spontaneous vacations, you name it! I was at these seminars people, I know what I'm talking about. After designing a new system to deal with deliquent customers, I discovered my wonderful supervisor had gone behind my back, claimed my idea as his own, and got himself a big bonus! I continually dealt with incompetent staff, (understandably) irate customers who had all their promises broken, and mysterious charges on their accounts. Never had to work for a company before that continually passed the buck onto the next person as no one would claim their own mistakes. No one there is responsible for their own actions or follow thru. Customers were promised deals that never existed, charged fees that were promised to be waived, made to wait sometimes DAYS after their scheduled appointments for installation...I could go on forever. The people who work there and the mentality of the company is reprehensible. I spent 4 years being hit on by my supervisor; he asked me out constantly as his poor wife was at home taking care of his kids, told me how hot I was on a daily basis, etc. I finally got up the guts to talk to one of the head guys... they did NOTHING. I repeat, NOTHING. I even had emails sent to me by him being very inappropriate to prove it... after leaving Shaw I spoke with a lawyer to see what my options were and was told point blank that Shaw has had MANY former employees try to sue for various reasons, unfortunately as they are not "unionized" you are not protected from anything. I was also informed that my supervisor would have his legal counsel paid for by great ol' Shaw Communications while mine would be out of my own pocket, and it would be my burden to prove... needless to say I will never waste another dollar on this company, and recommend anyone else but them. Shaw should be ashamed of the way they treat employees and customers. I look back at their now 3 hour telephone wait times, continual break downs, and stressed out, bitter employees, and feel relieved that I don't waste my time at that office anymore!!! If the public had ANY idea of the way they are being ripped off and manipulated by this company, Shaw would be bankrupt!!!

• In
    inoubeta Sep 20, 2011

All who had a bad experience with Shaw (http://www.shaw.ca/) should write honestly their bad experience with this company. This is a terrible service, they don't help you in anything and worse of all they charge you terrible amount of money, with suprise charges that we don't even know where they come from. Horrible serivce.

• Ne
    next week service only 2995 Oct 12, 2011

When calling for service, use business option instead of residential.

false advertising

I just purchased shaw direct satellite tv. There are a few things to beware of.. installation is not free like they tell u. ... they tell u there are no contracts .. Ha HA try and cancel service.. they want u to return all the equipment that u purchased with no refund... and on top of that they will charge u a early cancellation fee of $200 .

• Ji
    Jim Drysdale Mar 25, 2012

Same thing as above, promised you the moon on the phone and then say they never did.

Paid $110 for "free installation" canceled as soon as i seen my first bill, had to wait 7 weeks due to you must give 30 days notice from the start of the term... so got stuck paying $200 for cable i didn't want, then they don't refund the $ you paid for the pvr and want to charge you 200$ plus taxes to return it and they won't come remove the ugly dish from the side of your house.

They say 50% off for first 6 months, then pulled the old, that is SHaw that has that, not Shaw Direct. even though i produced a flier for them.

Most two faced and dishonest company i have ever dealt with. Contact BBB and CRTC w3ith your complaints and put hem on every posting board you can find to help out others from getting scammed.

shaw in it's entirety

I have a shaw package(landline, cable tv, internet). Purchased hd-pvr with expander along with full cable...

where are my 'basic' channels?

Ok...my bill is already humiliating with Shaw. Now, 2 nights ago I tried to click on Bravo - nope - AMC -...

Thunder Bay Satellite & Cable TV

shaws new digital bo

i got a call from shaw, trying to get me to buy a digital box so i could recieve 5 more station the station...

rip off

Was contacted by shaw try to get me to hook up some sort I'd digital box. The box would add I think 5 more stations. Which really sucked so I declined. And I think so did a lot of people. Shaws next move wAs to remove some of the more popular stations we already had and put them in thier new digital qbox trying to force us to buy this dam box. I wonder if my cable billis going to be lower now. I doubt it. Corporate greed strikes again. I feel like the lamb wAiting at the slaughter house door !!! I reAlly hope others are pissed also A voice thier opinion to shaw as for me. I'm going to have them disconnect my cable They can go and f them selves.

horrible services

I've been with Shaw for about 5 years. I have had nothing but problems. I've moved 3 times in 5...

over charge

Shaw says you can have a seasonal cut-off for up to 8 months with no charges . They say they will reconnect...

theft

Two installers for shaw cable showed up at my elderly parents home. As one kept my mother busy the other ransacked the kitchen and master bedroom. he ended up stealing seven hundred and fifty dollars. The most agravating part is Shaw is treating my parents as the criminals telling them it is their own fault for having money in the house

fraudulent representations/scam

TWICE... Shaw has promised to connect TV service for us to try. Each time they promise to give us six month...

West Vancouver Utility Services

placed on hold & ignored

Shaw cable advertises a 24 hour service to win your custom yet tonight on Friday the 4th of June 5, 2010 I have been on hold once for 30 min but the problem wasnt resolved and now the second time I have been on hold for an 1 hour and 12 minutes. This is unacceptable service as they could easily place you on a call back list so you as a customer arent inconvenienced but it seems that Shaw cable doesnt really care once they have your money you can stay on the phone forever listening to their stupid taped message, Im sorry all our representatives are serving other customers over and over again. Lucky for them they have a monopoly on the service but unfortunately very unlucky for us.

• Zj
    zjay Jul 12, 2010

so after being on hold for 50 min and getting the extra volume again story. I talk to a supervisor who tells me that 87 % of calls answered in 2 min... what a joke

service

I made the error in choosing Shaw as a land line provider. It has taken nearly a month for them to activate...

billing scam

For those who may have temporarily been uanble to keep their Shaw Cable account current - if Shaw Cable...

stealing modem

Was an on and off customer for a few years (5) as i went to college untill this year i decided to cancel my account like i usually did when i go home from the dorms. This time my modem was labeled as a rental modem, the one I had been using for years and they demanded i return their property.

Talking with customer service it boiled down to "do you have a receipt?" and being a student I don't nessisary keep receipts from 4+ years ago. They informed me there was absolutely nothing that could be done without that peice of paper no mater how improbable it was that i had rented the same modem (Serial Number) for my entire shaw lifetime (never returning it after i'd cancel for the summer before either)it was now a rental.

I am going to have give them my modem that they seem to want so badly or pay 300 dollars... so congratulations shaw you muscled my old modem away from me!

service

I SIGNED UP ORIGINALLY FROM A FLIER THAT WAS DROPPED IN MY MAIL BOX. I WAS THAN WITH BELL EXPRESS VIEW. I WAS...

customer service

So hope that if you use shaw direct you never have problems. I contacted their customer service representive...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices