Sears Outlet Storessears outlet stores

S Review updated:

I am a big bargain hunter and I was looking to replace my 23 year old Kenmore Downdraft Slide in Range. When I stated shopping I found out that Jenn-Air is the only company that still makes built-in downdraft ranges and they are on the high side for cost so I headed into a Sears Outlet Store and after several visits and after consulting with several lady friends I decided I just had to have a duel fuel (gas on top & convection for the oven) range. So I went into the Sears Outlet web site and found exactly what I needed but ended up back and forth between the 800 help folks and my local Sears Outlet store and I was told they did not have the model advertised at any of the stores at the advertised price, $ 250 below the Sears.com price. The advertised price was a range of $1033 from low to high which if you don’t know allows the outlet stores to drop the price if it does not sell. Good for bargain hunters like me to know since the longer it sits in the store the lower it drops but bad news if it sells than I lose the bargain.

I follow the financials and I remember hearing that the Sears brand and stock are on a big resurgence so I decided to contact their corporate office and see if they could help. It took me about 10 minutes on the web to track down the main corporate number in Chicago and here are the details on contacting Sears:

The main switchboard number for Sears Holdings in Chicago is [protected]. I have found that if you are calling to a main corporate office for any company it is best to keep it very very concise, with reason for call and department involved. As an example “I am calling to complain about the pricing on an appliance with your outlet stores.”

The switchboard operator put me through to a real live person (first name begins with K) who happened to work for one of the head honchos over the Sears Outlet Division. K explained that they are very concerned about complaints about Sears and they read them daily. After a couple of days I got a call back from real nice gentlemen (first name begins with J) and just to keep this short he found me a store that did have exactly the model I was looking for and at the advertised price but not at my low low steal of a deal price of $ 335 off of the advertised price and I had to drive 300 miles to get it. But it is a fair price just not a steal!

I normally don’t put these issues out on the web but maybe it will help a few bargain hunters like me get a good deal and sorry K and J I don’t want to create allot more work for you guys, you did a great service for me, I just want to keep the stock going up!

And as a final note this posting is not meant to help the guys that bought a range that is marked down from $2650 to $ 223 because it has 14 dings, a smashed oven door and the base is not sitting level. You should be buying this for parts and not expecting this range to actually work!

• L
      Sep 05, 2015

The Sears Outlet at Sugarloaf Mills Mall in Lawrenceville, Ga, the employees have to fill bucket with water to flush the store toilets. Even have to supply their own handsoap. Store is filthy and clothing are is in disarray. Sears should be totally ashamed.

• J
      Oct 14, 2015

Sears outlet is a joke. I purchased a double oven and a dish washer on line. The information I received on the chat line was a total lie. I spent 6 hours trying to get these items right. I talked to at least 6 different people that told me installation and haul away were included. I now have a double oven sitting in my living room and a dish washer being delivered tomorrow. The delivery people dropped it off in my living room and walk out, telling me to call installation. They told me it was not included! I have 2 hours of chat saying it was included. I had to cancel one order and re order it took two weeks to get back into my account! It's a total scam. I'll never order from them again. I could not get any satisfaction from anyone I talked to! BEWARE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY
    AND RUN!

• S
      Jul 29, 2017

@Jennifergeer OMG please tell me that you're joking they told me they're going to give my money back after they come pick up this messed up fridge they sold me OMG if you can call me my number is [protected] I got somebody from corporate to help me

Aug 16, 2017

@Sears is fraudulent did you get your refund? I ordered a fridge online 5 weeks ago. So much run around with customer service trying to find out where it was. It arrived today and is not what I ordered. It is a beat to hell fridge, different model # and will not even get cold...tomorrow I start the process of trying to return and get my money back..

Aug 16, 2017

@Donna Gilman-Schmidt And, was your order from Sears or Sears Outlet? They are telling me that they are two separate companies??

• S
      Jul 29, 2017

Whomever has comments toward Sears ripping them off or feel ripped off I suggest you call corporate they will get something done believe me if not do what I did go straight to the media they didn't want me to get them out there so they gave me what I wanted just because we're trying to save a little money does not mean we are stupid people fight for what's yours get your money back and don't buy anything from there again my name is Pebbles McGee and I'm not giving up until they put honest people in their hard working people in there and people who will treat other people like human beings this is going to stop

Aug 16, 2017

5 weeks ago I ordered, online, a KitchenAid refrigerator from Sears Outlet. I was told I would have a call within 10 days to schedule delivery..I called after 2.5 weeks and got the run around for the next 2.5 weeks. This is the worst customer service I have ever received. The fridge arrived today. It was not the fridge I ordered, is very beat up and will not get cold. Tomorrow I start the process of trying to do a return and getting my money back...complete ripoff!

• C
      Mar 06, 2018

Bought a Brand New In The Box Craftsman Blower. When it arrived it was not in its original box, it was broken, had missing parts and had gas in it. This was a complete and total waste of time. I returned it after a lot of hassle, they received it now I have to chase them up for my refund. Sears Outlet stores are worthless

• J
      Mar 19, 2018

i bought a kitchenaid ref. got it home and it did not cool... found out it had a RAT nest in back by the compressor the RATs ate up the wires by the compressor ...unreal ... i was hoping they wood replace it with another ref of the same after all i went though to get it home plus wated for sears repair to come out to fix it which they said it was unrepairable for me to take it back to the store an get my money back ...that is all they wought do for me ..will not ever buy from sears or sears outlet stores again...unreal !!! buyer beware of anything you buy at sears!!!

• M
      Nov 05, 2019

Update: Claim # [protected]
    I have still not received a resolution for credit of damaged dishwasher. Moe the manager is no longer with S.O. In Hayward, CA. I’ve tried to contact the district manager repeatedly at davidson.[protected]@shos.com, but no reply. I will file a legal claim and report to the BBB. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!

Unbelievable! Will never shop here again. I purchased a dishwasher, oven range and dryer on 9/2, and finally received a replacement dishwasher today that had scratches and dents in it. Here’s my complaint, and why installation has taken so long:

1. I was never told that some parts must be purchased separately by the sales rep. As I discovered this at the last minute, I had to reschedule service the night before delivery. Delivery was then postponed to the following week.

2.Delivery of appliances were mistakenly set to be dropped off at my mailing address, but not my property. It sounded like paperwork that was submitted to the delivery service has the wrong address As a result, I had to reschedule for the following week.

3. It happened again! Delivery location wasn’t corrected. I had to reschedule and wait another week...again.

4. Dishwasher delivered to correct address, however internal parts (Sears Outlet’s responsibility) were missing. Dishwasher had to be returned, and assistant manger helped me find a comparable replacement that was scratch free and dent free, like my original dishwasher purchase.

5. Today dishwasher was dropped off with scratches and dents! Unbelievable!

This is to the upper management who run Sears Outlet. Your operational processes are God awful! I truly appreciate all of the help that the store manager and assistant manger have provided me (as I’ve spoken to them countless times after work hours) but some things are out of their control. Too much time has been wasted on my end. I’ve had to adjust my schedule countless times, all to be disappointed. You will never find me shopping at Sears Outlet again. By far, this has been my worst retail experience. What a shame! It is October 3rd... and at this point, my attorney may need to be contacted. Apparently Sears cannot provide the appliance I paid for.