Sears Optical — lens coating gets blurry patches

Bought glasses with scratch resistance, glare resistance and now there are several blurry patches in the coating on the inside of the glasses.

Sears optical blamed me for causing scratches, but there are obviously no scratches. They offer no refund or replacement.
Better go to a different shop next time.

Annoyed2095 Jul 04, 2014

The same thing happened to my husband's glasses. They are less than 1 year old. They said they can't do anything because we didn't buy their warranty package! I suspect they sell the warranty package because they know they have a problem! Over $300 for these glasses!! I plan to tell everyone I know not to go to Sears for glasses!!

• Ju
    Just want to see clear! Aug 31, 2012

The same happened to me! The first person was blaming me and I told him that I had uses THEIR cleaning solution and wipes. This is after only having the glasses for 1 month!

The other lady helped me and said they were defective. I can still see on the lens where the no-line should be placed. An x in a circle. They are going to replace the lenses but after spending $400+ on 2 pairs I now wonders what the future holds for these glasses. I have never EVER had this problem with anyone else. I am really sorry I ever purchased them and it will be the last time I do. Yes I did have the insurance and they will be replaced but it still makes me wonder about the qualitly of their product after reading other posts.

• Er
    Erwin C Apr 16, 2010

After reporting the issue at the sears website, they replaced the glasses free of charge.

Thanks!