Menu
Home Department Stores Sears lens coating gets blurry patches

Sears review: lens coating gets blurry patches

E
Author of the complaint
8:56 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought glasses with scratch resistance, glare resistance and now there are several blurry patches in the coating on the inside of the glasses.

Sears optical blamed me for causing scratches, but there are obviously no scratches. They offer no refund or replacement.
Better go to a different shop next time.

Update by Erwin C
Apr 16, 2010 11:27 pm EDT

After reporting the issue at the sears website, they replaced the glasses free of charge.

Thanks!

More Sears complaints & reviews

Sears - customer service department
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - poor quality product!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - terrible company!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - it should be named the die easy battery
Sears - buyer beware/contracts changed
2 comments
A
Jul 04, 2014 6:23 pm EDT

The same thing happened to my husband's glasses. They are less than 1 year old. They said they can't do anything because we didn't buy their warranty package! I suspect they sell the warranty package because they know they have a problem! Over $300 for these glasses! I plan to tell everyone I know not to go to Sears for glasses!

The same happened to me! The first person was blaming me and I told him that I had uses THEIR cleaning solution and wipes. This is after only having the glasses for 1 month!

The other lady helped me and said they were defective. I can still see on the lens where the no-line should be placed. An x in a circle. They are going to replace the lenses but after spending $400+ on 2 pairs I now wonders what the future holds for these glasses. I have never EVER had this problem with anyone else. I am really sorry I ever purchased them and it will be the last time I do. Yes I did have the insurance and they will be replaced but it still makes me wonder about the qualitly of their product after reading other posts.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

2690 complaints