Sears Kenmorebroiler won't turn off

My oven is a Kenmore 665.95781. It is 9 and a half years old. I had the same problem as others.

I cooked a pizza, and I noticed it was burned. Then I turned off the oven and went to get my son from wrestling practice. When I came home, the broiler was on. I tried several times to turn the oven on and off, but the broiler just stayed on. The oven got so hot I couldn't pull it away from the wall, so I went down to the basement flipped the circuit.

This oven should have been recalled.

• Bo
    Bob A. Booey Nov 06, 2015

This range has a problem and Sears knows about it. I have a Model [protected] and while I was just baking @ 250 I noticed smoke from the back. opened the oven to find my Chex mix burnt to a crisp on top and the broiler element on high and it would not shut off. Had to throw the circuit breaker to shut it down. There needs to be a class action lawsuit to make them come clean.

• Ho
    hotrod47 Mar 19, 2014

KENMORE ELECTRIC RANGE MODEL # 665.[protected] This oven is VERY dangerous! I had been using the oven most of the day making 2 batches of lasagna, cake and rolls. Last minute baking at 350 I notices the display panel showed an error I opened the oven to see the broiler on! The only way to shut the oven off was flip the breaker. We tried multiple times to 'restart' by resetting the breaker, but the broiler kept coming on. All knobs and Off buttons were pushed/turned. It's impossible to know what would happen if we weren't working in the kitchen. I have reported this to the Safety Product Group.gov
    Sears should recall this range.