Searscustomers beware

First, never buy from sears!!! Sears will try to rip off the customer every time. Bought a $30 pair of shoes from sears. Employee failed to remove security tag on shoes. After driving 75 miles back to our home, we realized this. We didn"t realize it was an exploding ink security tag (That part was scratched off). Thus, ink everywhere when taken off. Ruined shoes plus blue jeans I was wearing when we took tag off. Working in a retail store myself, I have not seen an exploding ink security tag. And most security tags set off an alarm when you leave store. Since I arrived home, tag must not have set off an alarm when I left store. Called store and all they told me was"our people make mistakes". Yes, but help correct them by replacing shoes!!! They wanted me to drive 150 miles round trip to bring back a $30 pair of shoes. I asked them if they were nuts!!! The 2 1-800 numbers that I called could have cared less. They stated they didn't know of any other security tags but the exploding ink ones. They must not get out of sears much. So, here is what you can do. Go around sears and"fiddle"with the security tags. Let them explode all over their cloths, then leave them on the shelves. Oh, and just so you know, these security tags will not set off alarms if they are"accidentally"left on when you"accidentally"leave the store without paying for them. After all, even sears says people"make mistakes"!!!

• So
    somecallemwaffles Oct 11, 2009

Asking people to vandalize retail stores, damage merchandise and encouring others to steal by telling them that they don't go off when the taken through the door is a good example of how not to get your complaint taken seriously. So instead of telling us to commit crimes, I would suggest you start working with Sears' customer service. I'm sure that no matter how far away you are you will one day be in the same city again and probably in the near future. If you haven't already burned the bridges to the people that can help you I would let the managers of the store know that it will be some time before you can make it back to the store.

If this is the way you spoke to the manager of the store your probably not going to get anything from them.