Menu
Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints

Rogers Communications
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

311 complaints
183 resolved 128 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Rogers Communications customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Rogers Communications. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:26 am EST

Rogers Communications - unsolicited text messages by tmg sms

This is so ridiculous...they offer you an opportunity to win an iPad and then enter your cell phone number into a system that sends out daily trivia questions to you and charges $2/message. Even though we didn't open the messages or message them back, we get charged. So now we've got a $58 charge on our phone bill that we have not authorized.
How the heck does Rogers get away with this crap! Do they have no monitoring of their

2 comments
Sep 30, 2011 11:20 pm EDT

Those texts have absolutely nothing to do with Rogers or any other carrier you might be on! When you enter your phone number on one of those websites offering you an iPad etc. it is your responsibility to read the fine print on the bottom which greatly states that you will be billed let's say $2 per message and they will be sending you x amount of messages per week until you text back stop. This is a third party contract you are getting into and like I said it has nothing to do with Rogers. So before blaming it on them you might wanna be a little more careful next time and read up before giving out your number like that!

C
Mar 06, 2011 5:08 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dear Shaddy! I had a similar incident in Alberta. You should go to your local Consumer's Affairs office and launch a formal complaint and show them the bill. Also, try calling the Roger's head office and speak with some one there about this and advise them that you are going to have Consumers Affairs check them out for questionable practices? The local offices don't really seem to be to bothered. When head office gets involved usually something happens at the very least it will get their attention!
Good luck
DRCL

W
7:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi my Name is Wilda Everett Cell phone no is [protected] i have been charged $81.03 for charges that i never put on my phone and would like to be credited with $81.03.I have a seniors plan for $15.00 a month which is all i can aford. My name and address is Wilda Everett 55 Kingsley Crt Apt 17 Fredericton NB E3A 5a3 i would be very pleased to have this handled as soon as possiable please thank you Wilda

11:28 pm EST

Rogers Communications - doble charging for bandwidth use

We have been using rogers for over 2 years now and have been less than pleased with their service. A couple months ago, after been fed up with slow speeds and constant drop outs we decided to call rogers for a solution. A technical support employee convinced us it was our crappy router and suggested us to get their all-in-one modem/router for an extra $1.50 a month.

After the first bill the next month we noticed that we were going over the 60gb monthly limit, something that we never encountered before. After months of carefully monitoring our bandwidth and even sometimes avoiding the internet completely in fear of being charged, I was still shocked to notice we were going over the 60gb limit.

Searching the day to day usage, I noticed that one day 18gb's were "donwloaded". Easily 16 gigs more than normal. This was the same day I was trying to watch a movie on the Play Station 3 that I transfered over from my laptop. I had trouble getting the sound to work so I had to transfer this 4gb file over several times. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't useage.

After multiple calls to Rogers who explained to me something that I already know, how "transfers on the same network are direct transfers and don't count for bandwidth because it had nothing to do with the internet" (DUH). I insisted that because it was a modem/router, it was incorrectly mistaking a LAN transfer for internet usage. Essentially Rogers charged us 18gb's of bandwidth for ONE file (putting us over our monthly limit). Moreover, this explained why we were always over our limit because we transfer all kinds of movies/songs to our Playstation.

After he talked to his boss, who talked to someone else who talked to the guys that runs the servers, they informed us that it does indeed count as useage. Frustrate and busy with other things, I called back the next day and within 10 seconds my overage charges for the past couple months were refunded.

I was wondering if anyone else has any similar problems with the *** all-in-one modem/router and I wonder how many other people are being unnecessarily charged because they share/transfer files in their OWN network. Also, isn't this illegal?

6 comments
B
Nov 28, 2008 4:57 pm EST

My mother is 91 years old. She wears a emergency wrist band in case of emergencies she can push this button and immediatley it dials an emergency service. This goes through the phone in her condo. She lives alone and has had a serious issue with her heart that cannot be operated on so they give her pills to rectify the problem as much as possible. Anyways, the phone was down and we called Rogers - they told us they could not get there until 3 days later. Why couldn't they make it there right away. Obviously something was more important than a person's life.

I have had numerous issues with there internet service at my mom's place. I live in Calgary and send her emails containing pictures. They wouldn't even go to my mom's place to look at the computer - even when I offered to pay. They said when they hooked her up she got the Standard install rather that the 'Ultimate' install where they check her computer and make sure she can get on the internet. I couldn't get them to go there. It turned out the problems was with the modem and that is why the phone quit working. When they discovered that and when we informed them that she has an emergency wrist band that's tied into the phone they said 'We can make it in 3 days'. They don't care about the customer, only themselves. I can see why there is so many complaints about Rogers.

O
Sep 22, 2010 7:18 am EDT

They delivered an expensive scuplture, with fragile written all over the box. They smashed by bashing in the side of the box. They charged me more than it should have been after destroying my item. I called and faxed for days weeks, now in month #3... no one there acres, they say fax this, and i do and then i call and they say never got it. So I send it to a new fax number and they call and say I need to fill out another form and another form, and then i call back and they cant find anything and ask to start the process over... its designed so that nio matter what the customer looses everytime. They hold all the cards.

Jan 07, 2011 10:45 am EST

I have 5 phones with rogers for the lat 12 plus years, I wanted to upgrade the old phone, they not only charged me more than anyone else as new to rogers ($300) but also $35 for upgrade, now I want to cancel all my phones with them, hey want to charge anther $380 per phone for early cancellation. I just went through my monthly bill, they are nothing but rip-off, I would never recommend my worst enemy to get a phone from them. No loyalty to customer, very rude on the phoe, I have been paying $800.00 plus per month. They simply do not care about any customer. The management people don't have time to talk to me as they are too busy. There should be a law to protect consumer, as these people are nothing but bunch of thieves.

Oct 01, 2008 8:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In November 2017 I switched my home phone services to Rogers (VOIP). To make a very long story very short, it took Rogers 18 days to install the service that would not work. Twenty-three phone calls and three service visits later resulting in days without phone service that I was paying for (including no 911 ability), my Rogers VOIP home phone finally worked. Since then my phone service has been corrupted in some capacity many times. This final time, I have just made many service calls (on my work cell phone) and three Internet service calls as I now have no dial tone - yet again. To add insult to injury, Rogers emailed me stating that my phone service works fine!

Let's not even go into their inaccurate billing and account information. That will be another complaint.

Mar 06, 2011 3:00 am EST

Seems when you go to cancel your Rogers internet, you have to give them 30 days notice, they take your modem, but still charge you for the full 30 days with out service... what kind of theft is that? Now, because the TV isnt bundled, it will go up $20 higher than the listed web site page price... how does that work? wild... Have you noticed that their stores are closing? No video rentals? so they must be trying to screw people for lost revenue...

L
May 15, 2010 12:06 am EDT

Rogers...worst customer service ever. I can't count the number of times I've called in for help and after waiting for an hour I get dropped.

V
4:24 pm EST

Rogers Communications - make money by cheating customer

One month ago I called rogers to cancel my cell phone, the customer representative let me change to prepaid phone and didn't talked about any fee. Based on their pirate rule, I need one month to do this transfer. After they got one more month fee from me, I called them today. They told me there is $50 fee for the transfer, it is definitely a trap. They know me will not accept it, I just canceled my service with Rogers, but they will charge me another month fee based on their pirate rule. Why does Rogers like to make this kind of money by setting traps and cheating acustomer? Is there some kind organization to protect us from this kind of cheating company?

Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the similar experience ! I switched to Rogers Home Home and now I am getting surprised bill. Rogers is charging for what I did not make. It is charging for long distance call that I never made. So, I called the customer service and they said they cannot block the long distance as the provider is different. I asked how to reach them to block long distance, they replied only possible way is to buy long distance package either from them or any third party ! Oh ! My God! They are forcing me to take a service that I do not want and billing wrongfully! Where can I get help to stop Rogers making money without providing the service. Please help me.

C
9:47 pm EST

Rogers Communications - telephone harassment

In early april 2008, rogers communications launched a telephone spam attack against both my rogers cell phone and my telus land line.in spite of many written and verbal complaints about this to rogers, this attack is still going on 32 months later. Except for sundays and legal holidays, I get at least 3 calls from rogers every day. Some days as many as 6. I have informed rogers and their agents many times that I do not want these calls, that they are engaged in phone harassment. But rogers will not stop. The total call count is now around 3, 000.

3:07 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Rogers Communications - 33456 skill2thrill complaints - unsilicited textmessages and °84040 tmg sms trivia [protected]@ $2 per message

33456 Skill2Thrill Complaints - unsilicited textmessages and °84040 TMG SMS Trivia Games @ $2 per message are marketing consultants used by Rogers Communication. I responded to a flyer which indicated that I was being rewarded for being a good Rogers customer. The invitation was to enter my cell phone number for a chance to win an I-pad or some such gadget. Trusting that rogers doesn't normally cheat customers I entered the information and then, reading further down the page, I was asked to subscribe to some daily texting. As my only intention was to respond to Rogers free offer I closed the webpage and forgot the whole thing.

On three months (Nov, Dec and Jan) I started receiving daily text messages such as - Is the sky blue? Text a for yes or b for no. I guess this is the skill TMG (ROGERS) is referring to. I deleted all of these texts as I received them and never responded to any. However, my Rogers bill shows a daily $2 charge for each of these so-called skill testing questions that were sent to me despite the fact that I don't want them, didn't ask for them and and never responded to them.

Now I want a full refund. The TMG (ROGERS) representative apparently doesn't handle refunds and referred me to this site. it is not fair, this company is really cheater and dirty company. I'll sue them if they will not pay me all of those damn money

Update by ttttt
Jan 12, 2011 3:03 pm EST

you are completely right

5 comments
L
Sep 16, 2011 2:12 pm EDT

I just recieved my bill the other day and the same thing has happened to me and now I owe $30.00 in charges on my phone...but mine were 3.00 per text. By the time I realised the scam and stopped it I received 10 texts despite the fact that I did not want them, didn't ask for them and never responded to them.

P
Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please sign my petition and pass it along to your friends

Jun 11, 2011 1:02 am EDT

I just recieved my bill the other day and the same thing has happened to me and now I 51.00 in charges on my phone...but mine were 3.00 per text. I cannot beleive this, mine came over Facebook and I thought the same thing...entering a contest NO PURCHASE NECESSARY>>>what a scam. Don't know how I am going to fight this, as I apparently did not read the fine print!

Feb 05, 2011 8:30 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please like the page in facebook Skill2thrill-Scams, Lets make others know that it is a cheating service...

Jan 15, 2011 6:57 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have the same thing happening but it is worse when I, as a pay as you go customer, only add 10$ every month and let it roll over to have 80$ plus disappear in these stupid SMS charges. I only use the phone to enhance my personal safety, no text, no chat, no games. It was a bad scene yesterday when i tried to use the phone for an urgent situation and found there was no time on it.!

10:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On the internet, up popped an offer from Rogers to win a prize. I thought I would try and entered. Then I started receiving text questions to answer. I don't even know how to use my telephone for texting. Then I received my bill, normally paid automatically on my credit card charging $32.00 for wireless usage, 16 calls at $2 a shot. I didn't sign up for...

N
10:12 am EDT

Rogers Communications - cheating with bills

I have cell phone with Rogers. Last month 4 days before invoice date I checked my wireless usage and there were 20 mins left. I controlled my usage for 2 days, spent no more than 7 mins, then weekend came (for wich I have unlimited use). In the bill they charged me 58 mins overuse.

Now, yesterday checked my usage: 34 mins. Since then haven't use the phone AT All. Today they show 59 mins.

First they started with messages, charging me with more than I received/sent. If you turn a blind eye to $1-2 fraud, they go more brazen.

Seems like they want to collect money to pay Gabriella Nagy $600K.

Photos: as you can see, there were no calls during Oct 7, the only answered call on Oct 8 was 1:05 min long and it cannot count anyway since the last usage update was before (check date and time at the right bottom corner of the screen). And now compare with the usage they show on-line.

View 0 more photos

9:08 am EDT

Rogers Communications - cancellation of wireless service

Why not to go for a Rogers wireless contract:

To Rogers, a good customer (who pays his/her bills on time for years) does not mean anything. They would rather screw you over for a few more dollars.

I am complaining about the wireless cancellation policy of those ridiculous providers here in Canada.
Before my contract's term was over (in November 2010), I cancelled/switched to another provider. Now Rogers is charging me 100$ early cancellation fee. Recently those fees have been outlawed in Quebec (Bill 60 which came in effect on June 30, 2010).

Asking Rogers politely to waive that fee resulted in the following email conversation:

[...]Unfortunately, we cannot waive the charges as they are valid and are in accordance to Rogers' terms and conditions. For more information about our terms and conditions please visit www.rogers.com/terms .
Early Cancellation Fees are mandatory and applied to all wireless accounts that are on a contract. The fee is $20 per month for the remaining months of the commitment. The minimum fee is $100 and the maximum fee is $400.[...]

[...]In your previous communication you noted that there is new legislation forbidding early cancellation fees and that you would be handling the matter to your lawyer.
The legislation that you are referring to is Bill 60 which came in effect on June 30, 2010. The new rules only applies to agreements taken (or renewals agreed to) on or after June 30, 2010. Since the original commitment had been agreed upon xx/xx/20xx, the early cancellation fee is valid.
For more information more information on Bill 60 and its impacts, we kindly ask that you visit the "Office de la protection du consommateur" website at http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/Webforms/PlanDuSite_En.aspx [...]

[...]Upon review of your account and the information provided by Andre B, the
charge for Cancellation is accurate and we would be unable to reverse
any charges on your final invoice.

Further review of your account shows that you accepted a special
Hardware Upgrade at which time we had provided a substantial subsidy for
that device [authors comment: the cheapest that was available at that time, by the way]. By accepting this offer on xx/xx, 20xx you were
renewed for 2 years. My review also shows that you accepted a
promotional price plan which offered subsidized services compared to
regular services that are offered. These combined changes to your
account have been reflected on your monthly invoices as changes to your
services and as such by paying for the service shows your acceptance of
our Terms of Service which are provided to you monthly on Page 2 of your
invoice.

Regretfully [..] we will be unable to adjust this charge therefore
the balance on your account of $xxx.xx is due by or before xx/xx,
20xx. Any balance unpaid after the due date will be subject to a late
payment charge of 2% per month compounded monthly (26.82% per year)
until paid in full. Please note that if balance is not received your
account may be forwarded to a collection agency which may negatively
impact your credit bureau.[...]

[...]Rogers provided a discounted phone to you for $xx.xx on
xx/xx, 20xx. When Rogers purchases phones from a manufacture we do
so at full price. We will subsidize the cost of phones when a customer
agrees to a new term or contract. The retail cost of phones range
anywhere between $200-$1000 depending on the type of device such as
Voice, Quick Messaging or Smartphone. This phone was substantially
discounted and therefore the Early Cancellation fee is applicable and
will not be adjusted.[...]

My response to this included:
What are you trying to say anyways? That I should be grateful for having been allowed to pay for my old contract and I should be grateful for being charged 100$ for nothing? If I could, I would very much like to speak to your supervisor but I guess it is not really your fault but more a company wide policy to try to exploit customers as much as possible.

Response:
[...]As Steve has advised in the previous emails, the early cancellation fee is valid and will not be waived. We appreciate your past three years with Rogers and the final billing due is $123.40.[...]

So please everyone, do NEVER EVER sign up for a contract with Rogers. They should be taught a lesson and I will try everything in my legal power to make this the a bad experience for them!

regards
Ronny

V
Jan 10, 2011 4:29 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just had the same kind of bad experience. There are too many traps and cheating. Be careful.

2:24 pm EDT

Rogers Communications - poor customer handling

I have rogers wireless services for last 4 years from the time i came to Canada as Immigrant.

This how they treat you ? its really sad but thats the truth since this is one industry which is run by only few companies and they think customer is just a number to them.

Yes a number . I was thinking of upgrading my phone since it was not any good . So i called Rogers sale & they showed how can i upgrade my phone to I phone and bill will increase from $ 51 to $70 with tax. I explained to the sale girl that i donot use this hone that much so do want to spend too much .

My last services had $ 30 plan & caller id service for extra $ 8 . It took at least 2 hours for her to make the deal and she explained me that the upgrade will only cost me $ 70 with tax in total.

To our surprise when using the phone when ever we received calls it used to be unknown call . Hence I called back to Rogers & thus they tell me I donot have caller Id, it will cost me another $8 / month for that service.

Not only that none for the service representative acknowledged that it was a fault on the sale rep for not explaining thing properly but they have one word" we apologies ".That is, now if I want service pay more >>>.
This is good exmple how to treat customers .

Yes I have to stick with Rogers as I signed a contract, but they lost me forever.

you can run your business on thinging customer as number but Iam sorry this will not last long.

FROM A CUSTOMER or A NUMBER ?

K
Aug 19, 2010 3:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Although it was difficult at times to understand the points you were making, I understand that since you have moved to Canada from another country, English may not be your first language and this is the reason why words are not properly used or spelled in your post, and sentences are difficult for me to follow. That being said, in ANY language...ROGERS SUCKS!

This company offers NO customer service. They could care less about a customer complaint, especially if they are at fault. They do not correct their mistakes; they do not issue refunds or rebates or anything when they have caused an error that cost the customer money. They actually once refused to open my file when I was trying to discuss an error in their billing office, telling me that they can't discuss my dispute or review my file until I pay off the bill in full first. Huh? What? I couldn't believe my ears! I'm supposed to pay for the amount I am disputing BEFORE they will discuss the dispute?

I ended up leaving Rogers forever. Screw the contract, screw the bill. I walked away. When their collectors and so-called Attorneys began hassling me for money, I opted to quote the law to them, throwing all the legal BS that they tried to use on me right back at them! When they threatened to take me to court, I BEGGED them to do it! I told them that I had documented everything they had done, every mistake they had made, and that I had dates, times, and names of employees as well as what was said to me, and that I would love to go to court and present this information to the Judge. In addition, I also advised them about an online website titled "I Hate Rogers", where I could gather up evidence from people who have written about their complaints and problems online, and I could get many of these people to come to court with me, so that we could file a class action suit in rebuttal to their collection suit against me. This worked! They have disappeared. They never phone me, never mail anything to me, and they do NOT appear on my credit report!

Visit "IHateRogers.com" and join the rest of the groupies who feel just as you do about this horribly corrupt, billions in profit, nasty ### company!

B
9:25 pm EDT

Rogers Communications - cable burial

i has been 1.5 years since requesing a burial of a cable wire. Rogers had a crew finally try and dig the wire but after 6 months it was december 200 9 before they attempted...and crew (dueto cold) left the wire above ground threw my tree ..around my pool and sticking out from the corner of my lot. 8 months later August 2010 still not buried after numerous equests. A Monopoly company with no competition in Ottwa Ontario. SERVICE SUCKS

2 comments
Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm EDT

Hi arlingtonwoods, please reach out to us @RogersHelps or at Facebook.com/Rogers and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

A
Jun 17, 2013 2:26 pm EDT

I have been waiting for cable burial since september 2012 after being told it would take 10 weeks.
every time i call I am told there is no order pending. That the former phone agent "did not do the job correctly".
than i receive a letter last march signed by Karen Gauthier, director, cable technical operations, saying it will be done by june 30.
still nothing and still same info when I call: no order pending. i get a confirmation number each time, get esclated to URGENT and the same scenario repeats every time I call. this is a disgrace.
another month of that same waiting game and I will rip all the cable from my house after having all disconnected. i should have never started with that company. I was testing whether or not getting hone andinternet with ROGERS. answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. EVER.
I had a 10.000$ lanscaping job done in the spring: if they ever decide to come, are they going to come and distroy everything, giving me another phone number to call for complaints? also I have what looks like live wires on my deck, exposed to rain and snow.

10:55 am EDT
Replied
Rogers Communications has left an official reply on this complaint.
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am into my second year of a two year Rogers contract with their Rocket Stick. About a month ago I called their customer service department to look over my billing to see if I am in-line with the usage I signed up for because I thought my bill was too high. The customer service person re-evaluated my bill and made me aware of a change to the contract I...

9:31 am EDT

Rogers Communications - refused to take payments

well I sent them payment for 2 accounts and they calle d me and said send the whole amount and then had a law office write me letter saying they want me charged for fraud and now they say they will not offer me service till all bills paid for and then now want me back as a customer all I can say is forget it U wont get me back after the bills are paid but hard to pay off when U refuse the small amounts like 50 a week or a month or 75.00 so ur loss not mine I tryed to make arrangements folks be aware they are scammers and herass.

9:45 pm EDT

Rogers Communications - fraud

I've been paying for a Rogers Pay-As-You-Go cell phone for my mother for about 6 years. She is elderly and this allows her to have a "lifeline" if she is out of the house, but she does not use the phone very often. A couple of days ago, she tried to make a call, but it indicated there was zero balance.

Checking the Rogers web site, it showed that up to early February, 2010, there was about $109 on the phone, and I had it set to top-up from my bank account every two weeks. In early February, Rogers, without explanation, cancelled the entire balance. Furthermore, they happily accepted the three payments from my bank account made since then, but cancelled this balance the very next day.

I contacted Rogers by phone, but they simply put me on hold for 20 minutes then hung up on me. Next, I tried their web "customer service" and was informed that they had changed the minimum top up to $20. They had my mailing address, my e-mail and the number of the cell phone, but made the conscious choice to not inform their customer so that they could steal the $109 on the phone account, and furthermore accepted the top-ups three times and immediately cancelled the balance without informing their customer.

Poor customer service can only be pursued as a civil matter, but accepting these three payments and failing to provide any service whatsoever for these payments transforms this to fraud - a criminal matter. That is how I will pursue this.

Apr 13, 2010 9:35 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had same thing I was on fido and they shut me off and took me to loss provention office and then same for Rogers pay go they shut me off and I was like that the hell pay go has nothing to do with Monthly bills and I cussed and told them off.

11:25 pm EST

Rogers Communications - never signed up for service and being billed

I never agreed to having Trivia questions. Have been billed for them since November on my cell phone bill. Every time I received questions, I deleted them and did not know I was being billed for them. My husband pays the bills and I discovered these charges when I looked at the bill and wondered why I was being charged. I hate Trivia questions and would never sign up for such a thing! Why have I been billed for these questions as I want nothing to do with them?

Feb 26, 2010 3:04 pm EST

Hello Judy!

I'm MJ from Rogers Online Help Team.

I saw your post and I was wondering if you had contacted customer service in regards to this?

Deleting the message doesn't prevent fees, you have to cancel the subscription to the service in order to avoid those. Customer service should be able to help you since they have access to your file.

I've also sent you a pm, if you need to get in touch with me or if you have any questions.

Have a good day!

MJ
@Rogers_MJ

1:52 pm EST

Rogers Communications - check your statement - they habitually over bill!

The moral of this story is: Check your statement, and check it completely. Rogers Wireless is ohhh so sneaky!

Most Recently.
I purchased an iphone on contract from Rogers. The phone broke and aftera two week delay (they cited replacement shortages), the sent me a broken replacement.

I called, complained, and they sent out a replacement for the replacement by Canada Post. I promptly packed the broken replacement in the same box and shipped it back the way I got it. Turns out, they claim they never received the phone and according to their records, the packing slip was for Purolator or some other delivery method.

They sent me a letter saying they hadn't received their broken replacement, and would bill me up to $600. if not received within 15 days. After 15 days, they charged my account $750. Yes, that's a $750 charge for a phone that never worked, which I sent back to them!

The real rub here is that I have no choice but to pay for a broken phone that I never wanted, and gave back to them too, in order to keep my phone service connected. lol.

Before this latest incident, Rogers has been billing me monthly for text messaging. Some months, my text messaging fees were as high as $125., and I averaged about $80/month in text charges over a two year period. The irony is, I had added the unlimited text messaging service to my plan and they were also charging me monthly for unlimited text messaging. Approximately every three or four months I would have to call Rogers and spend an hour going over my statements with them, and request a refund for the overcharges. And then like clockwork I would call back again and complain because they conveniently forgot to adjust the interest and tax charges accordingly. This went on for nearly two years. No kidding. In total, nearly $2, 000 in text messaging overcharges.

There's some good news to this story though. Since Roger's wireless tipped me off to the fact that Rogers is proned to overbilling, I also took a look at my Rogers Cable Television Bill and discovered that they've been charging me for additional cable outlets that don't exist, and they've been charging me these fees for over three years.

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BILLS PEOPLE!

Jan 25, 2010 4:07 pm EST

Hi!

I'm MJ from Rogers Online Help Team.

I'd like to look into this for you so I sent you a PM to get more info.

As soon as I've received your info, I'll look into this.

Have a good afternoon!

@Rogers_MJ

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I spoke with a Rogers Wireless rep this morning about "saving money" on their Family Plan. The rep assured me there was no renewal of the term. When I went to the Rogers Wireless store to complete the transaction, I was told I would have to renew my contract for three years. I left the store and called Rogers Wireless again, this time I was told I would...

2:49 pm EDT

Rogers Communications - collections agencies and late fees

The Rogers Video Store in my neighbourhood have sent my file to a collections agencies no less than 3 times since the Spring of 2009. The reason for my being sent to a collections agency is because they claim I failed to return DVDs. The irony is, each time I received the letter notifying my I had been taken to collections I immediately had the Manager of the store go to the shelve himself and retrieve the DVD.

I all cases the DVDs were found on the shelf and I was sent to a collections agency for no reason at all. I have now a record on my Credit Report that I've been reported 3 times to an agency. Thank you Rogers.

I attempted to contact a headoffice for Rogers Video, only to find out that I (the Customer) am not permitted to contact Rogers Video Headoffice myself. I need to submit an email and they'll contact me. Well, tried that twice and the 'headoffice' didn't have the courtesy to contact me at all.

Today I went in to rent some titles and I have more charges on my account. I paid the charges, pending a discussion with the manager so that I didn't get reported to the agency again. The odd part of this situation, the DVDs were returned on the system within minutes of them being rented again.

Customers beware of Rogers Video and the smugness of their employees. You're going to get ripped off and you're going to have to pay for it for a long time.

As it stands now - I've made arrangements to move all of my business (Cable, Phone, Internet, Cell Phone) from Rogers Communications to a competitor willing to exceed my expectations as a Customer.

4 comments
May 22, 2010 6:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just got back from a Roger's video store. Indeed, I rented 3 blue ray movies for one week at 8.99 for all three and returned them two weeks late (they got buried and forgotten). The girl notified me that the late fees were approx. $34 for the two weeks late. I just wonder how they can charge double the regular charges for late fees. Had I rented them the two weeks, the charge would have been $18. I left everything on the counter and said no thanks. I'm sure I will hear from them (or a collection agency), but I will be checking on this with regard to the legality. Deregulation can't come soon enough.

Feb 03, 2010 10:58 am EST

Hi jramirez88. This is Mary with the Rogers online communications team.
Perhaps I can here. I'll send you a private message so we can exchange information.

Thanks!
Mary

Jan 27, 2010 1:15 pm EST

Hi,

I am going through something similar. I went to rent a video game yesterday at Rogers Plus that I always go to in Victoria BC. I was surprised to find out that I couldn't rent any games or video due to an "unreturned" video game ( Call of Duty 5 ) back in June 2009 and since then it actually has gone to collections. I was surprised because I know I returned it and also that I wasn't notified by Rogers at any point that I had not returned this game.

I am going today after work to deal with this. If anyone has any advise please let me know. I am definitely moving my business away from Rogers Plus and going somewhere else.

Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm EST

yes, I to agree. they are like an organized crime syndicate.Nobody can seem to touch them .If I conducted buisiness like they do .I, surely would be up on charges.they are a very shady company, in my eyes.It is now obvious to me . when dealing with rogers, the customer is always wrong.

12:47 am EDT

Rogers Communications - exta false charges

I was outside Canada until September 4th. I activated my cell phone exactly at 4pm same day.
When I received the bill for my wireless service a was shocked there was 43 sms sent from Canada to US. I called them and I said I didn't send them. I asked for the date of sending IT WAS SEPTEMBER 3rd. I was really shocked. My phone and my SIM card were with me all the time. I was able to cancel these charges, however it happened again in the next billing cycle but on a smaller scale. I got now only 4 sms from Canada to US TO THE SAME NUMBER. I called them again and was able to cancel it. HOWEVER, they said it is the last time they will do it.
What the heck is wrong with them, first they charge me for services when I was outside CANADA and then the same thing happen and they tell me it is my responsiblity. THEY ARE TOTALLY ILLOGICAL they want to charge me for service I didn't do. WHICH is very clear that is there own fault.
IMAGINE, I WAS OUTSIDE CANADA and SOMEHOW 43 sms were sent using my cell phone.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER service and HORRIBLE Company. AVOID it if you can.

Update by M.A
Oct 27, 2009 10:24 pm EDT

I am not sure if it is some type of spying virus I will look more into it.

Update by M.A
Oct 27, 2009 10:22 pm EDT

I still thinks the Rogers customer service could handle it better.

I discovered there is a virus in one of the sms messages and a software installed on the cell. It was sending messages every once and while.

I am not sure yet how on Sep 3rd the messages were sent while I was outside Canada but all I can say is some how related to this cellphone virus.

If you had similar problem make sure the number is [protected].
This virus is called [protected] virus.

It seems it was receiving and sending messages on its own.

You have to look for something called guardian.

A
8:18 pm EDT

Rogers Communications - billing error

I received my visa bill a few weeks ago and found out that Rogers had billed me over four hundred dollars on my VISA bill. I had upgraded my service but some idiot at the company made a mistake and charged me a whole bunch of cancellation fees, even though I am still with the company. After many long phone calls I finally was able to to convince the idiots that they were wrong. So they credited me with over three hundred dollars in a refund. However, I was told by one of their agents to call my credit cardit card company and get them to return the money to my account. When I called CIBC visa, the lady laughed at me. She said Rogers have to put the money back on my card. When I called Roger's back, it seems as though it is a hugh prolong process to get them to put money back on your credit card. It's like they are doing you a big favor. They want to keep the money and not bill you for the next few months. This company is the worst to deal with. Half the idiots there don't know what they are doing. They put you on hold and run off to talk to someone. They will quickly bill your credit card but put you through the wringer to get your money back. I am still waiting on my refund. Bottom line: never give these idiots access to your credit card.

K
Jun 12, 2012 7:04 pm EDT

I downgraded and got charged double my regular cable bill because of system access fees, reversal charges (50 lines of fees on the first bill after I downgraded from VIP to Digital Plus. I called a couple times since the first rep didn't know how to explain my bill and the second one just said everything is right and read my bill back to me. I was asking why there were reversals and numerous fees charged when I downgraded my service but I basically got that the rep that made the downgrade should have explained the fees which appeared on my credit card and should have downgraded at the end of my billing cycle to avoid all the reversals etc. Bottom line, rip off!

Rogers Communications contacts