RelianceComfort Protection Plan is a SCAM

Y

Reliance Comfort Protection Plan is a SCAM. Reliance sales person sold me the "Comfort Protection Plan". Feb. 2006.

The sales pitch was a pack of lies. She basically said the Furnace and Air Conditioner were completely covered for all repairs @ 15.99 a month. They will send out a repair man and fix any problems. I thought it too good to be true so I asked several questions.

November 2009 (after almost 4 years of payments) the Furnace wouldn't turn on. So I called Reliance, by the time the repair man arrived it was working. But he was quite happy to rip apart our Furnace and tell us it had a cracked heat exchanger and to fix that it was $900.00 so he might as well sell me a new furnace. So, I said when can you fix it, as it was all covered under the Comfort Protection Plan, right?

Wrong! I was now being educated about what it didn't cover, which is basically everything that usually breaks down. I suddenly felt I was in the middle of a SCAM, not only had I been paying 15.99 a month for nothing. But this allowed Reliance to enter my home and further rip me off.

He said, by policy (self serving policy) he would have to disable my furnace. Leaving my family of five without heat! Remember it was working before he arrived.

I don't believe he was honest about the cracked heat exchanger because the furnace is still working.

Reliance - first SCAMMED me out of 15.99 a month for four years, and then used scare tactics to try and SCAM me at my home.

Of course when I called Reliance to complain and ask for a refund of my $15.99 a month for four years. They read from a script deflecting away from the lying salesperson to blaming us for not reading the fine print in the pamphlet they never sent me.

BEWARE OF RELIANCE - they are SCAMMERS.

Another_Reliance_Victim Dec 12, 2016

I had similar experience from Reliance plumber protection plan, paid almost a year for nothing.
    The approach from the service technician was pathetic, as per the technician "I should not expect licensed plumber at my home from reliance because I ONLY pay $16.49/month"; that being said he must be unlicensed plumber??
    The technician left the quote of 249+ taxes to replace the bathroom faucet along with lots of attitude.

• Ft
    ftard Jan 15, 2014

the lady was so pushy and then she wouldn't send me the documents so i can read all the details

harrylatinski Apr 02, 2012

I have a plan with direct

harrylatinski Apr 02, 2012

I already pay a monthly fee atdirect

harrylatinski Apr 02, 2012

I want my plan cancelled