Menu
Appalachian Wireless Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Appalachian Wireless
reviews & complaints

www.appalachianwireless.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 8 Reviews

Appalachian Wireless Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
4 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Appalachian Wireless at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Appalachian Wireless. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Appalachian Wireless reviews & complaints 8

Filter reviews by rating
4 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Appalachian Wireless reviews & complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless I had no service for the past month for 2 weeks, but my bill hasn't changed

I had no service for the past month for 2 weeks, but my bill hasn't changed. I've invested $1600.00 for 2 phones, and I've been lied to. I've made over 9 calls to them, but they haven't answered my complaint.

O
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless This service is the worst, I've gotten multiple calls from them asking to confirm my order

This service is the worst, I've gotten multiple calls from them asking to confirm my order. I keep telling them not to send it because I haven't ordered anything, but they won't remove the brand new iPhone 12 from my account unless I prove it with paperwork. On top of that, they didn't return my down payment of $1,400 as promised after a year of no missed payments. It's a total waste of money. Also, they have my mom's number listed as an iPhone 12 that we're paying for monthly, but she actually has an iPhone XR that we've already paid for. It's just an additional line. They force you to pay whatever they want or they'll disconnect you. I've been trying to access my online account for over a year, but they keep sending me temporary passwords that don't work, so I can't even keep track of my account. And no other service works in the mountains, so they laugh when you say you'll switch to someone else.

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless I've been tryin to view my detail billin for about 3 months and can NOT !

I've been tryin to view my detail billin for about 3 months and can NOT ! I feel as a coustomer we should be able to acsess our detail bills ! I pay over $400 a month for 4 lines and should be able to look and see in detail my calls. I have called several times. I have also emailed several times. The last few emails I didn’t even receive and email back. Then one email said for me to have my attorney request them ! Well why should i pay and attorney for somthing that I have always before now been able to view ? Each time i call they say the system is being updated. Ok well 3 months and still updating ? I am aware that other company’s make that info available for the coustomers up to 12 months for them to acsess ! Just kinda really upset that I have always been able to see my detail call log for my lines and can’t now ! I think as a coustomer if we pay that kind of money for a phone every month that is our info and we should be able to view it ! The service it’s self has got awful use to work and pick up. We had to buy a prepaid wifi box from another company to even be able to use our phones. On and average they are lucky to work when you need them about 40% of the time ! I will never ever sign and take out any more contracts with them ! I have been with them for about 11 years and yes ! 4/5 lines $400 a month for that many years and can’t even see my detail billing ! Then service isn’t worth having ! I could send a carrier pigeon quicker if I needed to make a call to someone ! ask around before you sign contracts with them ! Jennifer

Hide full review

Is Appalachian Wireless legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Appalachian Wireless highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 0% resolution rate for complaints about Appalachian Wireless raises questions. Diligently reviewing Appalachian Wireless's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Appalachian Wireless's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Appalachian Wireless earns 87% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Appalachian Wireless near-perfect at 87% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

The age of Appalachian Wireless's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Appalachianwireless.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Appalachian Wireless website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the appalachianwireless.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Appalachianwireless.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The appalachianwireless.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Appalachian Wireless protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

Appalachian Wireless I wish I could rate ZERO stars

I wish I could rate ZERO stars. I live in a rural area. Noted. But this business is called APPALACHIAN wireless. It is local. I had tons better service with A First of all when buying our phones at the Hazard, KY location the staff were extremely unprofessional. They were not helpful at all with transferring info from old phones. Secondly the service has been absolutely atrocious since the beginning. Unable to make or receive calls on a regular basis. I work in a more suburban area where cell service was NEVER an issue with other carriers. Go to work and can’t even make a phone call with Appalachian. Apparently they have to make adjustments before I can receive service in this area and this is not an area where cell service is EVER an issue. Went to another area to shop with my toddler, zero service. Luckily my mom was with me or I would have had no way to contact someone in an emergency. Now that we supposedly have service in said places, we can’t use it. When trying to make a call our phones show full service but sometimes we have to try to call 10, yes Ten, times before it will actually go through and sometimes we just give up. I am paying for a service I ABSOLUTELY do not receive. We have reached out to the company MULTIPLE times and to no avail. Nothing has changed. I am sick of it. I want out of my contract but I’m not financially prepared to pay off two iPhones and pay out of the contract. Appalachian wireless should be paying us at this point. It is absolutely ridiculous. Also noted they changed their automatic billing system (we got no notification) we missed two payments. We also went over on data and were never notified that we were over. We had no clue. These last two issues I could look over or partly take responsibility for but given the other issues we have had, they’re icing on the cake. I am so done dealing with this “service provider”.

I
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless My cell phone goes strate to voicemail, drops calls, can hardly connect when I call out, and breaks up when talking

My cell phone goes strate to voicemail, drops calls, can hardly connect when I call out, and breaks up when talking. It been 3 months and I keep getting the run around.

Appalachian Wireless I've been with Appalachian Wireless for a long time now

I've been with Appalachian Wireless for a long time now. I've had my current data plan for a while. I got a bill that was $100 less than usual, but then the next month, I got a bill with an extra $100 for going over my data limit, and it happened again the following month. I reached out to customer service and they told me I had gone over my data limit. I asked about buying out my contract or increasing my data package to the "unlimited plan." They said it would be $20 more than what I was paying (my usual was $210), so I decided it was better than paying for overages and upgraded. I got a new bill and it's once again $100 over. My current balance is $666.88. They told me they upgraded the system and it's causing a lot of issues with data coverage and other plan problems.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless I had a problem with Appalachian Wireless due to a flood in my area

I had a problem with Appalachian Wireless due to a flood in my area. My family and I had to stay in a hotel for almost 2 weeks because there was no working internet. As a result, my phone bill became extremely high because of data overages. They charge $15 per GB, and my bill went from $190 a month to $600. I didn't receive any notification, just a bill in the mail. A week later, my phones were cut off. This happened from August to October. My child is autistic and needs cartoons through the internet. If she doesn't have them, she throws a never-ending fit. I can afford $600, even $2300, but I can't afford to pay $2300 for a phone company that provides lousy service and has hidden clauses in their contracts. They won't let you make payments until you completely void the contract and pay $1300 per phone. On top of that, they didn't send me an SMS message when I went over my data limit. The lady in customer service told me I wasn't in a flood area, but I have proof that I was. The point is, she only fixed my bill once, but I was charged for two more months afterwards, even though I had no service the whole time. I haven't had a working phone for business or as a lifeline for 4 months because of these people. I had to get a free government phone. My wife and I are in college, and our kids go to school and daycare. I need Appalachian Wireless to make my bill affordable and stop ruining my credit. I can't afford $2300. I need a phone, but not if it's going to cost me two months' salary. Please, guys, Appalachian Wireless has a high ComplaintsBoard.com score, but I know many people who have had this issue. Please look into it.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Appalachian Wireless In June 2022, I bought a 5G Samsung phone and service from Appalachian Wireless

In June 2022, I bought a 5G Samsung phone and service from Appalachian Wireless. They sent me a letter saying my old phone wouldn't work anymore 'cause they're upgrading to 5G and my old phone was 3G. My account number is [protected]. When I signed the new contract, I got phone service at home, in the car, and outside. But now, I can't make or get calls, or even text, unless I go to their store and use the phone in the parking lot. This ain't what I signed up for. They said it's 'cause their Samsung phones don't have WiFi calling. I asked about switching to a phone that can do WiFi calling since I ain't getting service anymore. They said I gotta buy out this contract, get a new phone, and sign a new contract. I think they ain't keeping their end of the deal by not giving me the service I had when I signed the contract. I always keep my side of the agreement, payin' my bill every month on time. I'm payin' for services I ain't gettin'. I shouldn't have to pay to cancel this contract 'cause Appalachian Wireless ain't keepin' their end. I'm cancelin' my service tomorrow. I gotta pay to get outta this contract. I think they should reimburse me for the cancellation fee 'cause it ain't my fault. Before this, I was a loyal customer for a long time and got service at home. Somethin' they did messed up my 5G phone's signal at home. I shouldn't have to pay for services I ain't gettin' and I shouldn't have to pay to cancel a contract they ain't honorin'.

Appalachian Wireless Customer Reviews Overview

Appalachian Wireless is a reputable telecommunications company that has garnered positive reviews from its satisfied customers. With a strong presence in the Appalachian region, this company offers a wide range of services, including wireless phone plans, internet services, and home security solutions.

One of the standout features of Appalachian Wireless is its reliable network coverage. Customers have praised the company for its extensive coverage in rural areas, ensuring that they stay connected even in remote locations. This is particularly beneficial for those living in the Appalachian region, where other providers may struggle to offer reliable service.

Another positive aspect highlighted by customers is the affordability of Appalachian Wireless plans. The company offers competitive pricing options, allowing customers to choose a plan that suits their needs and budget. Additionally, Appalachian Wireless provides flexible contract options, including both prepaid and postpaid plans, giving customers the freedom to select the most suitable payment method.

Customers have also expressed satisfaction with the customer service provided by Appalachian Wireless. The company's representatives are known for their friendly and helpful approach, assisting customers with any queries or concerns they may have. This level of personalized support has been appreciated by many, contributing to the overall positive experience of using Appalachian Wireless services.

Furthermore, Appalachian Wireless offers a variety of additional features and benefits to enhance the customer experience. These include features like unlimited data plans, nationwide roaming, and the ability to bring your own device. Such offerings have been well-received by customers, who appreciate the flexibility and convenience they provide.

In conclusion, Appalachian Wireless has received positive reviews for its reliable network coverage, affordable plans, excellent customer service, and additional features. As a telecommunications company serving the Appalachian region, it has established itself as a trusted provider, catering to the needs of both rural and urban customers. Whether you require wireless phone plans, internet services, or home security solutions, Appalachian Wireless is a reliable choice that has garnered praise from its satisfied customers.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Appalachian Wireless contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Appalachian Wireless?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Appalachian Wireless Customer Service. Initial Appalachian Wireless complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Appalachian Wireless above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Appalachian Wireless. Discuss the issues you have had with Appalachian Wireless and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.