Having problems with Ramada?

1800 946 476 (Ireland)
1800 062 1218 (Mexico)
1800 912 4668 (Colombia)
1800 507 2738 (Panama)
+1 800 828 6644 (Customer Service)
+1 800 854 9517 (USA and Canada)
+1 877 604 0069 (Spanish)
+44 808 100 0783 (United Kingdom)
+54 800 266 0588 (Argentina)
22 Sylvan Way
Parsippany, Texas

Complaints & Reviews

nightmare

November 27, 2009, Ramada Hotel Kunshan China. I did not have enough time to have breakfast at the restaurant in the morning, so I just took one banana and one yogurt away but the restaurant manager stopped me at the gate asking me to return it back. I did not returen and told this guy called David that it was my right to take it. This guy then yelling to me with dirty words. It is extremely ridiculous!!! I called the hotel assistant manager, he told me what he could do was to pass my complaint to the general manager but it took time. This is a case of spending money to buy angrey.

terrible everything

I was wrongfully terminated do to managemnet supposedly not filling out my prbationary evaluation. I wa...

misleading information / fraud

DO NOT GO ON THIS TRIP!
Trip: 3nights in Ft. Lauderdale, 2nights Bahamas Cruise, 2nights Orlando and 7day car rental.
Total Cost:
Deposit of $700
Rest of the deposit $200
Upgrade to cruise room with a window $200
So-called free-car rental but with basic insurance and tax/fees $150 (TOYOTA yaris)
Ft. Lauderdale Ramada Inn Tax/Fees : $45
Cruise Tip/Tax/Fees: $72
Park n' Go at Port Everglades: $23
Orlando Ramada Inn Tax/Fees: $30
Toll Fee from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando: $20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$1443 Basic Cost of this trip.

This means you are not really getting a DEAL. That basic cost does not include GAS $, FOOD, and other activity expenses.

Sunday - Ft. Lauderdale. Welcome Center to pick up hotel voucher. Also give you paper to attend
timeshare presentation on Monday. CHECK IN at 3pm.
NOT AN OCEANFRONT HOTEL! Drive to the beach was about 15-20 minutes. Really low-quality
hotel. Friendly staff though. Very small pool and tiki bar that closes at 8pm (early).
Monday - 1pm TIMESHARE PRESENTATION. Wake up early to enjoy at least the morning because from 1pm
and on, expect to spend the rest of your afternoon and early evening at the timeshare BS. They just
won't take "NO" for an answer. By the way, this timeshare presentation location is about 45 minutes
away.
Tuesday - Enjoy Ft. Lauderdale. Your only real FULL DAY in Ft. Lauderdale to enjoy at your leisure.
Wednesday - CHECK OUT. Head to Port Everglades for Bahamas Cruise 12pm. Wait in a long line to check in
(customs, make your cruise boarding card which you'll access your room as well as purchase
everything else including beverages and shore-excursions they announce 5 million times). Lunch
buffet. Food was okay on the cruise. Room was clean and not too crowded. Cruise was definitely a
small cruise. Definitely worth the upgrade and stayed on 8th deck while 9th deck was the highest
deck. Since it was a small ship, I was experiencing motion-sickness below 8th deck. Breakfast, Lunch,
and Dinner was included but beverages non-alcoholic and alcoholic were NOT included. Whatever
drink you ordered, an automatic 15% tip was included. Whatever. They STRONGLY recommend you
to purchase something to do when you're in Bahamas. I ended up signing up for Bottomless Glass Boat
Tour and Cable Beach Experience at Hilton Hotel. So that was $188 for me and my boyfriend.
Thursday - Bahamas. Total cost spent on Cruise including the activity, 3drinks, 1 coke, tax/fee, they billed me
$300.
Friday - Back to Ft. Lauderdale. Drive to Orlando. 3.5 hours. Expect several toll gates. Check In Ramada Inn
Orlando. Once again, low-quality hotel. I just couldn't stand the chlorine smell THROUGHOUT the
whole hotel. Not just the pool area but through halls AND the rooms themselves. It was disgusting.
Dirty carpet. Dust everywhere. Bathroom floor that seems like it has never been mopped. Dirty
bedsheets. Just simply nasty. If you didn't purchase any timeshare in Ft. Lauderdale, the welcome
center wants you to go through another timeshare presentation to receive your Universal Studios
ticket which we refused and paid ourselves. I couldn't go through another timeshare presentation.
Saturday - Orlando. Full-Day to spend on your leisure. We went to Universal Studios and Islands of
Adventures.
Sunday - CHECK OUT 12pm. But we checked out at 10am because our car rental last sunday started at 11am,
we had to return by 11am. Not thinking about that matter, i booked the flight around 2:30pm so we
spent hours at the airport. I guess that was my fault.

Overall:

Other than lots of $$$$$$$ we spent in addition to what we already paid and crappy hotels and sea-sickness from small ship, it was ok. Would we ever set up another vacation package through Imperial Majesty Cruise or Ramada Inn? HELL NO.
For you folks who believes that you guys got a DEAL of your lifetime, Please expect to spend another $[protected] during the trip!
Hope this review helps!

• Mr
    Mrs. Harris Sep 23, 2009

I JUST CAME BACK MY TRIP WAS FROM SEPTEMBER 12-19TH. Saturday right off the plain from St. Louis Mo, off tops think rental is free it was $82.18. Next was $15 per day at ft lauderdale Ramada (NASTY)! FILTHY AND DIRTY NEXT BAHAMAS CELEBRATION CRUISE ME AND HUSBANDS FIRST CRUISE OK WE TOO UPGRADED TO CLUB SWEET FOR 100 DOLLARS $72 AT CUSTOMS HAD TO LOAD THE CRUISE CARD OPTED OUT FOR BAHAMAS ACTIVITY AND GLAD WE DID WE ONLY PAID $12 ROUND TRIP ON FERRY TO GO TOUR BAHAHAS ANOTHER $15 PER NIGHT IN ORLANDO I GIVE THIS TRIP 2 1/2 OUT OF 10 WHEN YOU COMFRONT THE COMPANY ABOUT THE HIDDEN FEES THEY DIDN'T MENTION THEY JUST TRANSFER TO YOU TO THE WELCOME CENTER OR JUST HANGUP MY OFFER FROM THE START WAS $298 TOTAL FOR 2 ADULTS BUT ALL OTHER FEES WAS A SURPRISE THEY ARE A SCAM COMPANY!

• Mi
    Michael.Todd Nov 23, 2009

I have Caribbean Cruise Line twice now for their deceptive practices. Email me at [email protected] as I am interested in speaking with you.

poor room

we asked for a handicap room non smoking. There was a cigerate burn on the bedspread.

tissue roll was to hard for a handicapped person to use ( wife has limited useof right hand) bathtub hardforanyone to get in, wife needed husbands help to get in and out. Anyone in a wheelchair could not have used it. should have shower. dead bolt held together by paperclip.tv channels do'nt match print out. no bathmat in bathroom.Do not like paper cups to drink out of.

Will not stay in another hotel like this. Also stayed in a days inn and it was just as bad. Did not live up to ramada's standerds.

totally ripped off

My husband and I went to Cloverdale, Indiana for the weekend of 10/13/08. We got 2 rooms -one of ourselves and one for my husband's sister and her husband. We were charged $79.95 per room. The billboard showed a price of $34.99 we noticed as we were leaving. When we originally called for reservations they said the price would be $89.95-which usually means it's a nice hotel.Upon arriving it was $79.95 which was nice; however the rooms were worth about $24-if that. The underhand to the rooms on the first floor was caving in-one spot held up by a bent 2x4. The ceilings were browned due to water damage. The shower curtain was not clean-the floor was not clean in the bathroom. The whole experience at the hotel was bad.The front desk was unhelpful also-we called for reservations and they said they were booked-however-my husband's sister called a minute later and was able to book to rooms side by side. I want my money back-I was totally ripped off. What can I do? I just can't let my money go like this.

robbing people with hidden costs

I have received a promotional offer for cruise line for 2, a trip to Bahamas in January 2008. My and my future husband were so happy when we heard about the deal, and thought it would be our honey moon trip.

We were told in promotion that it is approximatly, $1600 worth of vacation deal and we can just get it for 600+ dollars.

When we gave them a call they told this charge that charge and came up with $798. We though ok just go for it. After 6 months I receive a call saying u still need to pay some taxes of 150$. I asked them if there are any hidden charges please tell now. They said there are no more hidden charges. Again after 7-8 months I receive a call saying what ever I paid untill now is for only one person and I need to pay same amount again for 2nd person. Also while actually travelling I need to pay 300$ extra in taxes.

I was so devasted, in this economy, I cannot afford to waste 10$, and these people are sucking 100's of dollars. I could not afford to pay that much amount. So I was told I would loose all the amount paid untill now and also they said this would ruin my credit history as I am unable to pay liable amount.

I dont know what to do, they dont specify exact details while purchasing and now they come slowly with all the hidden charges. Please lodge my complaint so that no one else would lose money like me. Please also let me know if I could do anything about it.

Thanks,

• Am
    Amburn Aug 24, 2009

They are a big rip off. They got me for 600.00. I was told no hidden fees. We were all exited to go on a vacation for this one time fee. We could not afford to go with all these extra costs, and was denied a refund. How do they get away with this?!?!?!

• Am
    Amburn Aug 24, 2009

I was called on the phone with an offer for 3 days at orlando Florida, 3days at fort lauterdale and a 3 day cruise to the bahamas for 600.00, and told no other fees. I sent money by credit card. It turned out to be alot of trouble, and there were alot of costs involved. We just could not afford all of this. We were missled, and it was so confussing. Once they got the money they didn't care to help us with getting it going, and we were denied a refund. What started to be a wonderful thing turned out to be a scam in my book. I feel violated to be ripped off by a company like this. BE VERY CAREFULL OF RAMADA RESORTS!! IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE?!?!?!

Mark Hopkins Nov 30, 2009

I live on the West Coast and had never taken an East Coast Cruise.
    Ramada resorts offered me a 'deal'. What a joke. I took my wife on what we
    had to jokingly call 'the white trash cruise'. We're pretty basic, classy, but not snobs.

The 'hotel' rooms supplied were unclean, unmade, and unacceptable. If I took off my flip flops and walked from carpet to shower, my feet became black from their carpets.

Their ploy is to give you such crappy rooms that their 'resort' is 'impressive' by comparison. We had to go through some sketchy areas to get to the hotels.
    The cruise ship then turned out to be the oldest and most beat up ship of the Carnival Line.

The 'sales seminar' ran far longer than acceptable, and all their speeches were canned, over-rehearsed, and insincere. They were disingenuous and condescending.

I'm a wedding DJ by trade (sad, I know) but I treat my clients with deference and courtesy. Being originally from back East, I wanted to see what the big deal was about
    Florida Cruises. It turns out the trip was more like a B movie that even Steve Gutenberg would turn down.

I would say: AVOID RAMADA RESORTS.

I remember coming home afterward and how grateful I was to be in my own shower.
    Our tub enclosure was light years nicer than Ramada Resorts.

• Dr
    DR9 Apr 27, 2011

I went on the vacation, and found much the same! the rooms dirty, the prices no better than I would have previously gotten, however now 2 years later, they are coming after me and saying that I didn't pay the whole amount, and that they are going to charge me MORE! Even if I don't take any of the other packages!
    DON"T use these people!
    Don't throw out ANY of your documentation! I am trying to find ways to fight them!

disrepectful bartender and manager

Do not go to the ramada bar/lounge if you are over 21 but look like your 12. I have never felt so disrespected, humiliated, and embarrassed at any establishment as I have here.This was my first time ever going up there and I will never go back. The Bartenders and Bar Manager will card you three times even though you are not drinking, then when you question them on why they need to see your license again, the bartender will cuss you out and tell you to "just get the F--- out." Even though I was not drinking, why would you be rude to patrons that are basically supporting you by buying your drinks and tipping you. If you have no customers, then how do you make a living.

• Vi
    Vicek Jul 18, 2012

The Macedonia bapt church had 6 (six) rooms at the ramada hotel located at 6902 27th st in east moline illinois on july 9-13th 2012 . All (6 ) rooms had mold and poor ventilation in each room . The air conditioning went out in one room no hot water and no trash pick up . The young at the front desk lynzie was rude obnoxious ! When confronted she stated that she was calling the police ! Because in all her years working there she has never had a problem with any guest. (black guest) i then state please call them, thats when the house keeper came to the front desk and asked her to go to the back …… We never got a response from the management in regard to our discomfort and that this hotel was not at all comfortable at all . The only reason we stayed is because john deere had all the hotels booked that week .

scam

I am one of 1240 and more people that have verbally announced their disgust of the company. If you just...

false deceptive practices

Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines + Ramada Vacation scams are nothing but a RUSE to scam you. The ship in nothing but a floating dirty disgusting rust bucket. Better off not going on this germ ride. And the cost is $798 and they want to scam you for a $99 port tax when the charge is really $59. They get you for $40 just because they are cheap, The Ramada rooms are slightly above Motel 6 the roachy ones near the highway. Ramada always has vacancies so they give you one of their worst. The Ramada in Ft Lauderdale is 20 miles from the beach in a questionable area near 441. The Ramada in Orlando isn't any better. The food sucks too.
You will be in the bowels of the ship

The entire object of this "vacation" is to con you into paying $798 plus hotel room taxes, airport surcharges, + a bogus port charges, etc. they have akcikback program with the rental company with many hidden fees.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT MAKING YOU SIT THROUGH A HIGH PRICED HIGH PRESSURE TIME SHARE PRESENTATION

The phone room they sell from is also a dump. Broken phones, a scummy place. The telemarketers are mostly low level script readers. "THANK YOU FOR CALLING IMPERIAL MAJESTY CRUISE LINES, This call may be monitored for quality contro, MY NAME IS SCAM YOU MAY I HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER"

THE TELEMARKETERS READ THEIR SCRIPT just to get you to a point where the TO (Take Over Manager NANCY OR PHIL can come to the phone...lie a little more to get the credit card number. DONT GIVE IT TO THEM. The will run the card looking to see the most they can get. They run your card at 798, 698. 598, 498 etc

THAT'S THE STORY...IT'S RIP OFF EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A SHIP.

• Da
    David Jan 27, 2009

i worked for the company that did this and i hated it every min, i was fired within an 1hr of working, they will scam you of everything, just becareful

• Ht
    HTH Oct 02, 2009

First of all to all who took their sweet time to write rumors, Caribbean Cruise Line is not indeed a scam! i work there...it's the real deal...its a great vacation deal we offer. And it doesnt cost no $800 or $700 like yall say...

Its $538 for...
    -2 all inclusive nights in ft lauderdale, fl
    -an exciting 2 day/2 night cruise to the Nassau, bahamas
    -2 nights in orlando
    -rental car w/unlimited mileage for a week
    -or $100 in gas reimbursements
    -or 100 entertainment dollars to use for attraction tickets
    -$50 casino match play (for on the cruise)
    AND ALL YOUR MEALS INCLUDED FOR ENTIRE WEEKS VACATION
    FOR UP TO 4 TRAVELERS!!! ISNT THAT GREAT!!!

• Fo
    Foxrid3r24 Oct 15, 2010

I went on one of these cruises with my parents and I don't know all the details but I know we had to fight tooth and nail to get anything out of these people. We did eventually get a nice hotel and a nice cabin but it was a royal pain in the rear. The other couple that went with us didn't fight for the goods and they took what cruise line offered and they were stuck with the ugliest dirtiest smelliest rooms anyone could have gotten at no other place then the ramada. Theyre room on the ship was on the 5th floor at that level you feel every wave that the ship hits. But all in all I wont say it was a scam but I would say that it's just not worth all the trouble. Even the time share presentation was terrible and those people really do try to rip you off. My aunt bought one for 11000 and she found out that someone else got the same package for 5000. She canceled the transaction before it went through. If your into putting up with BS all day then this is the trip for you but to me its not worth it at all. You would be better off paying for your own cruise. It was the first time in Florida for the couple we went with and they said they are never going back. But all in all that's a first hand expiriance of this rotten deal

horrible

Within my 1 night stay at the Ramada the power in my hotel went completely out. My 2 children and i stayed outside for 20 minutes before the maintenance guy finally returned handing me a key and telling me i had to move rooms. No i am sorry, let me help you with your bags, he simply walked away, i had to get all of our belongings in the dark, AND find my new room by myself with a 6 and a 8 year old. We get to the new room with was filthy hair clips on the bed, half drinking juice cups on the table. I decided to order a movie, keep in mind my 2 kids were in the bed. After pressing play an adult movie came onto the tv. I called downstairs they said we eill fix it. 10 minutes later i called back they said it was fixed I put on the movies again, but now it was half way through the adult movie and even more explicit. I called back and they told me they would fix it again, I told them to forget it and the lady gave me an attitude telling me I ordered a movie and they were already fixing it, to wait and it would be done soon. Needless to say their customer service was horrible! not once did they say I am sorry for your inconvenience. When i called the manager she said she would look into it! HORRIBLE.

scam!

My husband and I are currently on our honeymoon (yes, literally at this moment). There is much I'd...

no refund of deposit received

I received a voucher in the mail for a vacation package and i responded. The entire vacation was explained...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices