Menu
Ramada
reviews & complaints

Ramada
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

228 complaints
15 resolved 213 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ramada. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
2:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

my letter e-mailed to wyndham hotel group worldwide internet. [email protected] January 28, 2018 CASE # 3969996 SITE # 33597 My wife and I used the park and fly service at Ramada Plaza Newark Liberty Airport Hotel: 160 Frontage Road, Newark, NJ 07114 Phone #973-589-1000. Check - in Date: 01/05/2018 - Return 01/17/2018. Reservation ID 1676839 under...

S
2:59 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ramada - mr. thompson owner of ramada hotel in slc professional liar

I was hired to work at the Ramada Hotel at 2425 S. State Street in Salt Lake City, Utah 84115. I had planned on working there for one year, until I had to relocate to get away from toxic people. An emergency came up regarding my child, so I had to leave my employment immediately. I gave notice to my immediate supervisor, and to the general manager of the hotel. I had to contact the police to get assistance to leave the residence I was at as I was being held against my will. This all happened the same day. I have a police report I had to file unemployment with the state of Kansas. Mr. Thompson of Thompson & Associates whom I have never met in my entire life, gave false testimony to Winona with the Kansas Department of Labor, telling her that I just walked off the job without good cause, not telling anyone anything. He caused my benefits to be denied. I asked Winona if she would speak to my supervisor and the general manager to get their version of the story since I informed them both I had to leave. She said she would only if Mr. Thompson would allow her to speak with them. I had Salt Lake City police fax over my police report to show it was filed within one hour of me leaving the job. I quit my job under duress, I had good cause. I appealed the claim. I had a phone conference with a Kansas judge with Mr. Thompson on the line. I am tired of [censor] in the hotel industry victimizing their employees. Please read the true story, Hilton Hotel Secrets by Donald Lee Starr which is live on Audible.com

7:50 pm EDT

Ramada - quality of hotel room

We are very disappointed in the room
It is not the quality that we are used to for being a Ramada Inn
1.bathtub is rusty and discolored
2.the room smelled moldy
3. Desk chair material was peeling off
4. No microwave or refrigerator
Rooms do not look as pictured on site when booked
Carpet smelled
Felt very uncomfortable and not able to sleep which was the point of making reservation

K
9:17 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ramada - dust particles in water

My dear Brothers,
I would like bring to your notice that our company is supplying iftar pack meal to all our Muslims who are in fasting during Ramadan Month. We found that 0.50 SR packed drinking water contains dust particles which is purely visible.
I didn't understand how these people can purchase this water without any visual inspection.
This water was packed by Al Rai Drinking Water Co. So please check twice when you purchasing water bottles especially during Ramadan month.

View 0 more photos
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ramanda hotel and cinfernce center 4900 Sinclair Rd. Columbus, Ohio. We had an event and stayed with a number of guest at this property We were very disappointed about t condition, food, and room. It was an unsafe environment for me and my guest in which your general manager did nothing about these problems Ballroom 1. There was no heat in the ballroom area...

U
5:38 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ramada Inn Westshore Tampa Airport is the horrible place to stay. I booked the room, and when I arrived to this place, I was shocked. The room looked horrible ad dirt was everywhere. Also there were kids and some strangers around my room and it was safe for me. I went to the receptionist and asked to provide refund, and they returned money only for one...

N
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live about 45 minutes South of this hotel & the management would not book a room for me because I'm less than 60 miles away!!! Oh my goodness ...there are hundreds of factors to why customers need accommodations ... For instance, having work done on my house, power outages with no water etc, family disputes where one spouse may need somewhere to stay...

O
7:30 am EDT

Ramada - poor management and treatment of guest

I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Kearney from the 28 Jun – 1 Jul. When I checked in they tried to give me a 2nd level floor when I specifically specified I needed a botton floor room due to my health when I booked the room. In order to change the room they told me to come back at 1 pm. From 1 pm to 4:30 pm every 20 mins I got the same answer … your room will be ready in 20 minutes. That was totally wrong and inappropriate especially when someone just walk in the hotel around 3:30 and received a bottom floor room.

This is poor management and treatment of guest. I should have have a one night charge taken off my bill. But they came up with an excuse why they could not give me one. This by far is the worst ever Ramada Inn I have ever stayed at and will propably be my last. That decision will be up to how you answer this complaint and what is done about it!

V
9:00 am EDT

Ramada - poor customer service

I have tried corresponding via email with no response.I have been trying for almost 6 weeks to contact the Ramanda Inn Shanghai, 1100 Qi Hang Road, Shanghai 201207 CN without any kind of success. I have called the hotel directly, no one speaks English.I have tried 7 times now to contact customer care I have been hung up, transferred, given a reference number by a customer care rep named Jennel who never sent the invoice as promised.

On the eight call, I was introduced to a supervisor. (hard to believe these calls are recorded for training purposes. Supervisor kept repeating call the hotel directly and I repeated for the 3rd time “they don’t speak English”, her reply was ask for someone who does. Now low and behold how would I do that if they don’t understand or speak English.I cannot believe that someone who is trying to PAY, YES PAY a bill can get no resolve.

I need an invoice for Mr Michael Eckhart who had a reservation scheduled for Wed, Sept 28th. He cancelled the hotel (which was not within policy) so we were charged for one night stay which I’m not disputing for $152.23.I have never in my life experienced a hotel chain so incompetent. As a client I would never book a hotel stay in a Ramada Inn ever again.I have dealt with many European hotels, American hotels. You call a number ask for accounting and boom in 2 seconds you have an invoice.Your staff and help desk support are horrendous.If you’re not willing to put the effort into sending a customer a bill, I guess we just will not pay it.

I was also told by the supervisor 3 times to call the Pudong hotel. As I explained to her over and over again they DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Her response was call them and tell them you want to speak to someone who does.

E
7:12 am EDT

Ramada - stay away from these crooks

My family stayed at the White House for 2 nights. The room was very nice and the middle aged woman at the front desk had outstanding customer service. My husband is from that area and he heard from his family that they had good pizzas at the bar that is attached. So we went there and found it to be a nightmare. The old lady bartender was rude and liked to lick her fingers while making your pizza. When we finally got our pizza to bring back to the room the lod lady bartender just threw it at us as though she did us a favor by cooking it.

When getting to the room the childern were hungry and ready to dive into the pizza we noticed it was not cooked on the one side at all, so we pick it up and brought it back down to the bar. Well guess what the old lady bartender totally acted like she didnt see us for the first 10 min and then when we made it known we were waiting to talk to her, she can off with a total attitude and actually swore at us while throwing the pizza! And of course there were no managers on duty...NICE... SO to make a long story short I was happy with the room and the front desk staff but that bartender needs to go! I would love to talk to someone about this! I will never stay there again and trust me there are plenty of other hotels to stay at!

6:46 pm EST

Ramada - careless housekeeping staff

Room was fair. We stayed 5 nights. We had housekeeping come 3 times in 5 days. I requested no cleaning the first day, as we arrived at 4 am, and needed the rest. The second day, got a knock on the door at 820am waking us up. I answered the door, said not now. Guess that translates to not today, so no cleaning. Next day, Sunday, a knock on the door at 9. I answered and asked if they'd some back later. I asked for towels, just in case. Good thing, they only made the bed. Monday, I got up and went to get coffee in the lobby. Was asked you go now? Not yet, in a little while. As were leaving for the day, my wife spotted a housekeeper, gave our room number and said it was ready to be cleaned.

Ok.. We got back to our room at about 11pm that evening to find our room door open about 4-6".. I told my wife to wait outside while I checked for an intruder. Finding none, I had my wife check our belongings while I went to the lobby. I told the night mgr what had taken place. He seemed genuinely sorry and said it'd be taken care of. If I ever stayed there again, he'd personally give a discount or a free night... As if..Tuesday morning while checking out I asked Monica the day mgr if anything was said about what happened. Nope not a clue. So, in short, Housekeeping doesn't do much, and if they do, they might just leave your door open so anyone could help themselves to your belongings..this is the SECOND hotel in three months we stayed in that were unsatisfactory. The days inn in old town ( rundown, but cleaning staff came every day). Ramada inn this past week... Never again.

G
6:19 pm EST

Ramada - poor service & no air conditioning

I have a very important Ramada Inn dispute or as one would say, a review; I resided at the hotel on 2601 Zuni Street in Denver Colorado off of Speer Blvd. There are definitely some improvements that need to be made. Believe me, if these improvements are made. I'm almost certain you will have a higher class of clientele staying at your establishment. On 28 May, 2011 I resided in room 134. I had to go back twice because my door key was not properly activated. Once entering the apartment there was a horrible "mill due" smell I had to use Lysol and other air fresheners to make the room smell more pleasant.

To make it even worse there was no air conditioning it states "air conditioning" on the hotel room wall; I have "video" to show all of the dirt in corners on the rug and all the spots on the pillow cases.

After inquiring with the poor representatives, asking why no air conditioning? They gave me a sorry boiler room excuse. Only a 6 year-old will believe the sorry excuse I was given by your front desk

representatives. I requested that a fan be sent to the room which I have "video" to show how much dust was on the fan the staff gave me. I had to go out to my car and get sanitizing equipment to clean this fan. To make matters even worse I called the front desk, only to ask a simple question. And believe me, I was very polite. Because I really felt sorry for the staff, maybe they have to give excuses to all of the hotel customers for the poor service and the bad conditions? Anyway I asked them where I could get ice since there are no refrigerators and there is no air conditioning to keep anything cold. And it was as though they laid the phone down and I kept talking and no one would pick the phone up or even hang it up! I was in a "dead zone" talking with no replies back!

So I informed my wife who was staying with me about the incident, we both knew something was wrong with the front desk representatives. Because why, in all of these terrible conditions, would they actually just leave me hanging on the phone with no reply? So around 11 PM that night

on 28 May of 2011, I went to the front desk and as I was entering the area I could see them looking at me and both of them ran into the back room. By this time I took out my cell phone and as the guy came out of the back room, he was not the one that left me hanging on the phone, the woman did! I recorded his politeness in giving me wrong information on how I could leave from the iced room area and go back to my apartment. He gave me a long way around. If you could just solve these problems alone, I know your hotel will be a more powerful and exciting place to visit. Even though I saw contractors tearing out desk fixtures and all types of wood fixtures. This looked like a big mess around your ballroom area which is not a pleasant sight to see either.

It's the small things like cleanliness and good representatives at your "front desk" which can increase your visitors and gives the customer a deep desire to tell his/ her friends about a great hotel stay at the Ramada on 2601 Zuni St. Believe me, me and my wife had stayed at

many excellent hotels and we have stayed at a few bad hotels, but this one was the worst. I hope it doesn't get any worse or then this? We tried to compromise even though they gave us a room by the stairs when there were so many other available hotel rooms they could have given us. But cleanliness and no air conditioning and worst of all, poor service by the front desk, are situations that are or simply bad service and we cannot compromise with this. Is there any possible way we can receive compensation for the treatment we were given by the front desk representatives and the hotel conditions? Could you please restore our faith in the Ramada hotel industry? Me and my wife hope you will be very reasonable with our request, and we will be waiting for your answer.

On our final days stay at the Ramada I saw spiders on the ceilings and on the wall. There was also dirt on the ceiling in the inclosed ceiling areas. And the filthy spotted bedspread and bed spread covers which look like they have never been cleaned. And the continual construction which made parking inconvenient and all of the cleaning trash bags and carts all out in the area which made our stay so inconvenient. I definitely don't want to seem like I'm badgering the Ramada Inn, but I stayed two nights. And finally before I end this review of the Ramada Inn and request another stay at a better Ramada Inn again to restore me and my wife's faith in the cleanliness of the Ramada Inn industry. The service especially on the 28th was terrible by the representatives, the uncleanness and the lack of any type of air conditioning was a horrible Ramada Inn hotel stay experience. By the way, I forgot to add that the workout center at the Ramada Inn was horrible. Every machine was practically broken and there were a couple of treadmills that that barely worked. And with NO ventilation in the workout room. It was impossible to have a good workout. What a bummer!

C
12:11 am EDT

Ramada - hotel dirty

I had a sevenday stay at Ramada Inn the hotel rugs were so dirty I left the hotel after three day. I am not ask for another stay, but the hotel should be clean up .

2 comments
Oct 05, 2015 12:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Stayed at Ramada inn New braunfels tx. Stayed there a lot but this time was the last we killed 67 cricket s in room 3 in bed should have told us at check in we would have left told front office they said I well what uhh wasted our money going to tell everyone I know who likes to travel like us I think we should get money back thanks for a terrible stay

Nov 04, 2011 7:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Thank you for letting us know about the issue with your room's carpet. In the time since your posting, the hotel has shampooed all carpets and will be changing out carpets in 1/3 of the hotel beginning 11/8/2011. We will be doing other renovations this fall and winter as well. I hope that you will come back and give us another try soon.

Tim Justice
General Manager
Ramada Inn
Greensboro, NC

C
7:13 pm EDT

Ramada - no electric

I have never in my whole life ever heard of a Hotel ever having their electric shut off. We are paying good money through our insurance company to stay here for 110.00 a day. They are recieving hundreds of dollars from us so there is no excuse for the electric being turned off. My other complaint is that the owsners daughter will go to wal-mart buy chips soda you name to stock their shelves and make you pay double for the product. I could walk next store and buy the produt myself. But when it is raining I dont want to do that. the toilet is always breaking the pool did not work for a month and the sink leaks. After being burned out of our home we should not have to deal with this.

E
8:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I checked in to the Ramada inn, Corning Ca rolling hills casino resort early Dec 8, 2010. It was around two in the morning so my two buddys and I fell right alseep. I got up around 7:30 AM. I then got in the shower. As i got out i reached for the towel that was hanging up on the towel rack. There was a wash cloth neatly wrapped around the towel. i then...

10:24 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Offered free 3 day/ 2 night stay voucher with purchase of an ADT home security system. Sent in voucher with $50 deposit. Called after no response for two months. Claimed they never received it. Gave credit card info to book reservation. Called after one month of no confirmation on card or in mail. Claimed they had no record of the transaction (Clarice...

6:20 am EST

Ramada - nightmare

November 27, 2009, Ramada Hotel Kunshan China. I did not have enough time to have breakfast at the restaurant in the morning, so I just took one banana and one yogurt away but the restaurant manager stopped me at the gate asking me to return it back. I did not returen and told this guy called David that it was my right to take it. This guy then yelling to me with dirty words. It is extremely ridiculous! I called the hotel assistant manager, he told me what he could do was to pass my complaint to the general manager but it took time. This is a case of spending money to buy angrey.

V
10:26 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was wrongfully terminated do to managemnet supposedly not filling out my prbationary evaluation. I was never paid out my night audit wages the nights i was working audit do to funding being low and not being able to afoord it and employees being hired after me at a hire wage employees not doing there job and staying because they are secured by there...

Ramada - misleading information / fraud

DO NOT GO ON THIS TRIP!
Trip: 3nights in Ft. Lauderdale, 2nights Bahamas Cruise, 2nights Orlando and 7day car rental.
Total Cost:
Deposit of $700
Rest of the deposit $200
Upgrade to cruise room with a window $200
So-called free-car rental but with basic insurance and tax/fees $150 (TOYOTA yaris)
Ft. Lauderdale Ramada Inn Tax/Fees : $45
Cruise Tip/Tax/Fees: $72
Park n' Go at Port Everglades: $23
Orlando Ramada Inn Tax/Fees: $30
Toll Fee from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando: $20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$1443 Basic Cost of this trip.

This means you are not really getting a DEAL. That basic cost does not include GAS $, FOOD, and other activity expenses.

Sunday - Ft. Lauderdale. Welcome Center to pick up hotel voucher. Also give you paper to attend
timeshare presentation on Monday. CHECK IN at 3pm.
NOT AN OCEANFRONT HOTEL! Drive to the beach was about 15-20 minutes. Really low-quality
hotel. Friendly staff though. Very small pool and tiki bar that closes at 8pm (early).
Monday - 1pm TIMESHARE PRESENTATION. Wake up early to enjoy at least the morning because from 1pm
and on, expect to spend the rest of your afternoon and early evening at the timeshare BS. They just
won't take "NO" for an answer. By the way, this timeshare presentation location is about 45 minutes
away.
Tuesday - Enjoy Ft. Lauderdale. Your only real FULL DAY in Ft. Lauderdale to enjoy at your leisure.
Wednesday - CHECK OUT. Head to Port Everglades for Bahamas Cruise 12pm. Wait in a long line to check in
(customs, make your cruise boarding card which you'll access your room as well as purchase
everything else including beverages and shore-excursions they announce 5 million times). Lunch
buffet. Food was okay on the cruise. Room was clean and not too crowded. Cruise was definitely a
small cruise. Definitely worth the upgrade and stayed on 8th deck while 9th deck was the highest
deck. Since it was a small ship, I was experiencing motion-sickness below 8th deck. Breakfast, Lunch,
and Dinner was included but beverages non-alcoholic and alcoholic were NOT included. Whatever
drink you ordered, an automatic 15% tip was included. Whatever. They STRONGLY recommend you
to purchase something to do when you're in Bahamas. I ended up signing up for Bottomless Glass Boat
Tour and Cable Beach Experience at Hilton Hotel. So that was $188 for me and my boyfriend.
Thursday - Bahamas. Total cost spent on Cruise including the activity, 3drinks, 1 coke, tax/fee, they billed me
$300.
Friday - Back to Ft. Lauderdale. Drive to Orlando. 3.5 hours. Expect several toll gates. Check In Ramada Inn
Orlando. Once again, low-quality hotel. I just couldn't stand the chlorine smell THROUGHOUT the
whole hotel. Not just the pool area but through halls AND the rooms themselves. It was disgusting.
Dirty carpet. Dust everywhere. Bathroom floor that seems like it has never been mopped. Dirty
bedsheets. Just simply nasty. If you didn't purchase any timeshare in Ft. Lauderdale, the welcome
center wants you to go through another timeshare presentation to receive your Universal Studios
ticket which we refused and paid ourselves. I couldn't go through another timeshare presentation.
Saturday - Orlando. Full-Day to spend on your leisure. We went to Universal Studios and Islands of
Adventures.
Sunday - CHECK OUT 12pm. But we checked out at 10am because our car rental last sunday started at 11am,
we had to return by 11am. Not thinking about that matter, i booked the flight around 2:30pm so we
spent hours at the airport. I guess that was my fault.

Overall:

Other than lots of $$$$$$$ we spent in addition to what we already paid and crappy hotels and sea-sickness from small ship, it was ok. Would we ever set up another vacation package through Imperial Majesty Cruise or Ramada Inn? HELL NO.
For you folks who believes that you guys got a DEAL of your lifetime, Please expect to spend another $1300-1400 during the trip!
Hope this review helps!

2 comments
M
Nov 23, 2009 9:29 pm EST

I have Caribbean Cruise Line twice now for their deceptive practices. Email me at [email protected] as I am interested in speaking with you.

M
Sep 23, 2009 3:26 pm EDT

I JUST CAME BACK MY TRIP WAS FROM SEPTEMBER 12-19TH. Saturday right off the plain from St. Louis Mo, off tops think rental is free it was $82.18. Next was $15 per day at ft lauderdale Ramada (NASTY)! FILTHY AND DIRTY NEXT BAHAMAS CELEBRATION CRUISE ME AND HUSBANDS FIRST CRUISE OK WE TOO UPGRADED TO CLUB SWEET FOR 100 DOLLARS $72 AT CUSTOMS HAD TO LOAD THE CRUISE CARD OPTED OUT FOR BAHAMAS ACTIVITY AND GLAD WE DID WE ONLY PAID $12 ROUND TRIP ON FERRY TO GO TOUR BAHAHAS ANOTHER $15 PER NIGHT IN ORLANDO I GIVE THIS TRIP 2 1/2 OUT OF 10 WHEN YOU COMFRONT THE COMPANY ABOUT THE HIDDEN FEES THEY DIDN'T MENTION THEY JUST TRANSFER TO YOU TO THE WELCOME CENTER OR JUST HANGUP MY OFFER FROM THE START WAS $298 TOTAL FOR 2 ADULTS BUT ALL OTHER FEES WAS A SURPRISE THEY ARE A SCAM COMPANY!

1:43 pm EDT

Ramada - poor room

we asked for a handicap room non smoking. There was a cigerate burn on the bedspread.

tissue roll was to hard for a handicapped person to use ( wife has limited useof right hand) bathtub hardforanyone to get in, wife needed husbands help to get in and out. Anyone in a wheelchair could not have used it. should have shower. dead bolt held together by paperclip.tv channels do'nt match print out. no bathmat in bathroom.Do not like paper cups to drink out of.

Will not stay in another hotel like this. Also stayed in a days inn and it was just as bad. Did not live up to ramada's standerds.

Ramada contacts