PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

PNC Financial Services Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 6, 2006. The latest review Banking Overdraft Fees and False credits was posted on May 26, 2021. The latest complaint fraudulently held a cleared check was resolved on Nov 22, 2014. PNC Financial Services Group has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 270 reviews. PNC Financial Services Group has resolved 94 complaints.

PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mon7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Tue7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Wed7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with PNC Financial Services Group Customer Service. Initial PNC Financial Services Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for PNC Financial Services Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about PNC Financial Services Group. Discuss the issues you have had with PNC Financial Services Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

PNC Financial Services Group Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

PNC Mortgagelied about flood insurance

Soon after I applied for a refinance mortgage at PNC bank, the national office informed me that I am in a flood zone and must have flood insurance. I then provided proof from our local government department that our house is not in a flood zone.
Soon after that “RRamirez” of PNC sent a PNC memo to Edith Wrona saying that because I provided such proof, it was OK to not require flood insurance. Edith Wrona then forwarded that memo to my local PNC mortgage agent who then forwarded it to me.
But I continued to receive generic “You must have flood insurance” form letters from PNC.
So in late January I called the PNC mortgage customer service line, and the woman there confirmed that her computer said “Flood insurance *not* required” and she said that I should just ignore the automatically generated form letters demanding flood insurance.
I then had a $500 elevation survey done by a licensed surveyor to confirm that my house is 1.3 feet above the flood level.
For 5 weeks after January 25th, I emailed Edith Wrona asking for a PNC letter confirming the PNC email that flood insurance would not be required, but she never responded to any of my emails.
Our local PNC agent said that he did not know why the national office was not responding to any of my emails.
Finally, on February 24th, I called the national PNC and asked to speak to a supervisor.
PNC national mortgage supervisor Brandi Coyner returned my call and said “Since January 25th, we have repeatedly informed you that the January 25th email was a mistake, we have repeatedly told you that that decision has been reversed, we have repeatedly apologized to you for that mistake, and you are in a flood zone no matter what the Louisville government officials and the surveyor say.”
I then told her that nobody had ever informed me of any such thing, since Edith Wrona had never contacted me after January 25th, and our local PNC agent had repeatedly said that he didn’t know why the PNC national office was being silent for 5 weeks. And I informed her that I am a retired church pastor who will swear on the Bible that I am telling the truth about the matter.
PNC supervisor Brandi Coyne then *angrily* *yelled* into the telephone that she had the “proof” right there in front of her that I had been repeatedly informed that the January 25th email was a “mistake” that had been reversed.
I finally got so tired of her angrily yelling lies at me that I had to hang up on her.
I have now applied for a refinance mortgage at Republic Bank for half the closing costs demanded by PNC.

PNC Bankdenial of loan for no good reason

Went for HELOC loan. Am a doctor, hi FICO score, own home, no credit card debt, and am over 55 yrs old. They asked for a ridiculous amount of info beyond what is normal. Since they couldnt find any obvious reason for denial, they started to look at my practice. I am not self employed but own the building the practice in in. Building is being leased (over 20 years) and has equity. No overdue rent or taxes. In their great wisdom the loan officers at PNC decided that I could not afford to pay the mortgage on the building and the home equity loan from my salary - dahhhh, , , , that is why it is rented!!! Maybe if I made the money that a PNC executive makes it wouldnt be a problem!! It never occurred to these third grade bank idiots that all you need to do is sell the building or get another lessee!!! I feel as though they discriminated against me due to my age although I cannot prove it.

slpsms111 Dec 05, 2011

And, no, I have never even come close to overdraft...hard to do when earnings exceed $300K per annum. But do even the most basic research on the bank...that is one recurrent theme. And you are correct on one count...being a doctor does not make one a financial wiz (although I would argue that in most cases they far exceed the general public in that vane) but it does make them among the absolute safest bets for loans, even those that would never float for the average consumer. It just is what it is. Usually have assistants? I almost blew my drink out my nose when I read that. Good stuff. Funny.

slpsms111 Apr 10, 2011

No problem.

slpsms111 Apr 09, 2011

@Mellen...no, it is not a "right" and a loan is not "owed". In fact, upon re-reading the post, at no point is it implied a right was denied. Rather, a complaint regarding a specific loan practice in this instance that is not congruent with typical banking standards, at least from the perception of the poster. If what he or she is stating is legitimate, seems the post and the complaint is legitimate as well. I, too, am a physician with an outstanding credit history and I have not experienced a similar problem with PNC. And, yes, the best approach for the poster would be to ask for the denial letter and review the reason(s) for the denial. That being typed, my complaints with PNC are far more broad and related more to lack of communication, poor customer service, and general incompetence as opposed to specific lending practices. I know that a lot of people have had problems in the past with overdraft policies and charge posting(s) in a manner that maximizes overdraft charges, but again, that has not been a problem with me. Just simply a bad bank all the way around in my estimation but the reasons have nothing to do with financial policies. Generally, if you do your homework and check out Forbes, banking review sites, etc., you will avoid these problems because you will avoid PNC like the plague! As noted, however, even though a "right" hasn't been violated, another PNC inconsistency has been addressed and if that helps even steer one individual away from PNC, then God bless "notahappycamperinNJ"!!! Lastly, more as an aside...the word "irregardless" does not exist. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve. I have always found its usage a bit backwards.

hazeldunkel Mar 19, 2011

Back in 1999 they denied us an auto loan. We both had 720 Credit Score. We went to the dealership and got 0% interest with GMAC.

hazeldunkel Mar 19, 2011

PNC is rediculous any way you look at them.

PNC Class Action Lawsuit? — escrow shortage payment paid to 3rd party fees (??!) & enrolled in hamp without my consent

I can't find an attorney that can/will help me. Not sure if it's because it's "small...

PNC Mortgageinaccuracies and lies for loan mod

I have tried many avenues to save my home from foreclosure. I have been told many contradicting pieces of information. I have been told one thing all to find out later that it wasn't accurate. This has all taken place between PNC and Northwest trustee. The very frustrating part is they wait until right before the auction date to tell me in hopes (my opinion) that I will be forced in to foreclosure. I am a 14+ year Realtor that has continued success, largely through auction homes, and understands the process. I also have a lot of knowledge and insight through working with clients through shortsales, loan mods and purchasing at auctions. Through this I have determined this is a very unfair process. The people, like me, who tried to do things the right way and want to stay but have equity, are left with little options. I can’t do a shortsale because I’m not short. Why can’t I have the right to sell my house? I have been forced in to filing BK 2 times for very obvious reasons which can be explained and followed for accuracy. Now I have another date coming up next Friday...supposedly the investor (Freddie Mac) still hasn't called back...ya right! I get the sense once again that they will deliver the bad news “can't help" call just days if not minutes before the date. They cannot seem to get my address correct which has lead to further unfairness. I had a loan mod and was happy with it, not late on payments and received a phone call from a PNC rep urging me to take advantage of the "Obama plan". I was 2 weeks paid in advance on my mortgage at the time. I knew all the questions to ask and she assured me I would not end up back on the foreclosure list. Little did I know it would take months for them to deny me and after my forbearance period they would not accept any payments. It began to pile up and become unmanageable. I had also been saving my payments in hope to catch up but had no idea the trustee fees would be so steep. I have asked many times for fee breakdowns and to speak with supervisors. I have had very little success until recently. This is consistent with a fast approaching foreclosure date. They denied me on the "Obama plan" because I was one day late sending further requested info. However, they sent it to the wrong address, no one cared. Also keep in mind I was calling several times asking for updates, why could this info. not be related to me via one of my phone calls? PNC told me once denied I could never apply again. So I applied to the loss mitigation Dept. at PNC (I later just found out this week that is not true). Then PNC denied me for not enough income, which was almost the same amount as the first loan mod I was approved for). As our new business was in the works of getting licensed and making us money, I was able to reapply. Then they said I make too much. So then we tried another way and I was told that nothing had changed in my hardship since my first loan mod so it wouldn't be approved by my Investor. However I had told Amber, the one that called me from PNC that nothing had changed. Then I mentioned some things that may be considered a change. At this point they are convinced not to help me. No matter what I say, they have a reason that my Investor won't approve it. However, I was told before they said "no" that I was financially eligible for a loan mod. I have taken many notes along the way. I would love for the phone records to be obtained through a legal foundation. I think all would be surprised with the inaccuracies along the way. I plan on contacting the attorneys General next (done). I will also contact Ann Rivers with Legislature and the HAMP website. I will not let this rest as I have been treated very differently from someone that has no equity in their home. I want to stay but have even concluded that I would move in order to not be foreclosed on. They will not even give me the option to sell, I guess because I don't need a shortsale. Please help me save my home. I can afford it but cannot catch up on my arrears. I have now sent several requests for help with little response. If I lose my house I will make it my mission to advocate against everything you and your affiliates have anything to do with. I might just be one person but as we see in the news lately, “take-overs” can occur. The internet will be a great place to start I’m sure. I may not be heard now but it is only a matter of time before “Corporate America” is taken down by the people! I used to love this country. It has become so corrupt that I’m not sure I can say that anymore. No one takes accountability for all the inaccuracies and illegal activities that are occurring. Everyone seems to hide behind the next guy, higher up! When will this end? I have been begging to make my payments for months. Obviously the goal, for the banks, is to get my house back! You all say one thing but clearly your actions say another, much louder! I am ready to fight when America is! Just waiting!!
      I want everyone to answer this question: How do I get a copy of all my records and recordings at PNC and NW trustees? Do I need to hire an attorney? I am not going away.
      Dedicated to helping others even if no one will help me,
      Loan number [protected] (That’s all we are anymore is a number, no name needed!)

• Em
          Emile Lapointe Apr 16, 2012

My situation in Grand Rapids, MI is any different than all of you.I strongly believe that PNC does show more interests in trying to foreclose on people property if I can rely on my own experience dealing with them for the past 4 months than trying to reach a kind of deal which could help certain homeowners.I have sent so many paper works which were never right or enough until I was told that my home was referred to foreclosure.It seems to me that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE OTHER ONE IS DOING in PNC mortgage.My account is paid until march now and I am requesting a payment plan to finish bringing my account up to date but guess what? I am referred to an attorney who represents PNC.I am still waiting to hear from the lawyer's office.Good luck to all of you.As far as I am concerned, if I were to use a bank in the future, it would not be PNC.

• Ve
          Vern7972 Mar 06, 2012

I am in the same exact situation GTRR10. We need to get somebody on our side and start a class action. Mine is taking place right now in Georgia. As well, I am absolutely livid. I've done everything by the letter, and they refuse to work with me or attorney. Let me know if you find any class actions we can sign up for.

• Gt
          gtrr10 in Denver Dec 04, 2011

I knew that I would find someone going through what we went through in Denver. Co. We had been going through a loan modification after having to close our construction co down because of the economic crisis. After applying through several loan mods and being denied several times and having a foreclosure sale date pending. I hired a loan modification co that assured me after paying them $1700 they would get the loan mod approved. The loan mod was not being approved. Then I was referred to an attorney that said I needed to file a bankruptcy. We then filed a chapter 7 BK and stopped the foreclosure temporarily. the attorney assured me that we would be able to modified our loan, but guess what the loan mod was denied 1 day prior to the foreclosure sale date. and PNC stated that they never received a reaffirmation agreement. from the attorney even though she had sent it, and through several emails and phone confirmations someone at PNC (CSA) stated that they (PNC)had definitely dropped the ball!!! Well that was too late. My home was sold in foreclosure auction the next day. It has been2 months ago and am still livid. I want a class action lawsuit, that's the only way to get PNC to stop bulldozing through the foreclosures! The know that all the loans that they service are backed by an investor, either FHA, Freddie Mac, or Fannie Mae. PNC will be reimbursed any way. Let me know what happens in your case. best of luck.

PNC Mortgageincorrect 1099

I received a 1099-Misc income statement that overstates income more than $44, 500 for restoration of their clients storm damaged home. I have sent certified letters asking for correction, made numerous phone calls. I have gotten nowhere near the "right department". I am reluctant to file an incorrect 1099 form w/ the IRS because it always leads to costly and inconvenient audits. My understanding is that this is quite a common problem. I'd like to hear from any other contractors that have experienced the same. mr.[protected]@gmail.com

PNC Bankpnc mortgage lied

Soon after that "RRamirez" of PNC sent a PNC memo to Edith Wrona saying that because I provided such proof, it was OK to not require flood insurance. Edith Wrona then forwarded that memo to my local PNC mortgage agent who then forwarded it to me.
          But I continued to receive generic "You must have flood insurance" form letters from PNC.
          So in late January I called the PNC mortgage customer service line, and the woman there confirmed that her computer said "Flood insurance *not* required" and she said that I should just ignore the automatically generated form letters demanding flood insurance.
          PNC national mortgage supervisor Brandi Coyner returned my call and said "Since January 25th, we have repeatedly informed you that the January 25th email was a mistake, we have repeatedly told you that that decision has been reversed, we have repeatedly apologized to you for that mistake, and you are in a flood zone no matter what the Louisville government officials and the surveyor say."
          I then told her that nobody had ever informed me of any such thing, since Edith Wrona had never contacted me after January 25th, and our local PNC agent had repeatedly said that he didn't know why the PNC national office was being silent for 5 weeks. And I informed her that I am a retired church pastor who will swear on the Bible that I am telling the truth about the matter.
          PNC supervisor Brandi Coyne then *angrily* *yelled* into the telephone that she had the "proof" right there in front of her that I had been repeatedly informed that the January 25th email was a "mistake" that had been reversed.
          signed, Morris

• Ca
              Cathal Mar 03, 2011

This is the exact same situation that I am going through right now with PNC Insurance and PNC Mortgage. They are a bunch of liars and cheats and now they are screwing up my refi to get away from them by tacking $1400 for a cadillac Flood Insurance policy that i dont need either on to my mortgage. I have FEMA maps Loma's and SFHA determinations and PNC still wont accept any of it. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

• Mo
              MorrisO Feb 28, 2011

I lost $400 due to the deceiptful practices of PNC as I outlined above.
              PNC had me pay $400 for an appraisal, so I assumed that I owned the appraisal because I paid for it.
              But it turns out that the appraiser considered PNC to be his employer, so the appraisal allegedly belongs to PNC instead of belonging to me, so I am not allowed to take that appraisal to another bank.
              So now at Republic I must pay another $300 for an appraisal, although I had a $400 appraisal done at PNC just 6 weeks ago.
              signed, Morris

PNCBank / Customer Service — someone needs to tell this asst mgr to tell the truth!

Marianna, of the McKnight Branch, has lied to me at least twice that I know of, and I feel she is NOT a good...

PNC Bankmissed a loan payment

Have a loan with pnc bank have made payments for 5 years straight forgot one it went 20 days late and they proceeded to call my place of employment threatening them and anyone who had something to do with me if i didn't pay it right away these people are nuts would never ever bank with them again. Called and asked for my work number to be removed from their call list and yet the very next day they proceeded to call again upwards of ten times in a 6 hour period. would never take a loan or put money in that bank again.

Harvey 2 Jan 29, 2014

I was 2 days late and they called me at work and home. What a bunch of crap. Do Not Use This Bank !!!

PNC Bankconflicting information, poor customer service

I had an account with National City. When it changed to PNC my life became a living hell. Someone got my debit card or account number and began taking money from my account without my permission or knowledge. PNC Bank, while they were investigating the fraud, continued to charge me exhorbitant overdraft fees totaling almost $400. And they refused to close my account because the account was in a negative balance. The negative was because of THEIR overdraft charges that they would not reverse until the fraud investigation was complete. Vicious circle. And by leaving the account open, that invited even more fraud to occur, which it did. Eventually the case was closed and my account was closed and the overdraft fees refunded. During that time, however, I had many sleepless nights. I then had to open a new account. I did this online via chat with a PNC representative who talked me into a new Virtual Wallet product that contains 3 different accounts that link together. I was talked into something I don't need and don't use. I was told the PNC points I accumulated on the old closed account would transfer over to my new account and debit card. That did not happen. Now when I try to redeem the points I earned on my old account, I am told my new debit card isn't eligible for the PNC Points program. So I have lost over 3000 points that I earned. The customer service rep lied to me. Now... it gets better. Since I opened the new Virtual Wallet account(s) online via chat, they sent me a signature form for my account. I was confused about the form because it came with no instructions. So I called PNC and was told to just sign it and send it back. The gal didn't even know what I was talking about when I explained the form and form number to her. Today, over a month after sending the signature form back, I get a letter from PNC's Asst. Vice President Ricky N. Laughlin, saying they are unable to process my application (for the new accounts) as submitted due to being unable to validate information under the Patriot Act and I should go into a branch in person to clear this up. WTF? I've had accounts with them for over a year, have several open accounts with money in them and they are telling me my application cannot be processed? I will NOT be going into a branch. In fact, I will be closing my accounts and telling all of my friends to stay far far away from PNC.

PNC Mortgage — discrimination from lender after requesting hamp application

I applied to receive the HAMP program package to see what was being offered and whether I qualified for any...

PNC Bank2nd loan/credit line

Like several of the complainants on this site, I want to file a lawsuit against PNC Bank. Since I suspect there have to be a lot of angry PNC customers, I think a class action lawsuit would be preferable.

I am one of three people on a credit line with PNC, which is actually our 2nd mortgage on a TIC (tenants in common) home ownership. We currently have $60K in available credit, and PNC has been sending letters for more than a year now offering to buy back our credit at the rate of $100 per $10K.

This last Fall we were told by the City of SF that we owed about $24K in retroactive property taxes due to an error in the City's assessment after one of the units was sold in 2007. We decided to pay the retro amount--as well as our suddenly increased property tax due in Dec 2010--on the PNC credit line. Unfortunately, after paying approximately $24K by credit line checks, I received a letter from PNC stating that our credit line had been terminated due to a late payment in November 2010.

I actually did send the November payment to PNC a few days later than usual, but only because they never sent the payment invoice and envelope for that month. (They tend to do this a couple of times per year, in my experience.) I also explained in a note with the November payment that no invoice was received, and confirmed with one of the PNC reps that they received this note. This was the 1st time in more than 7 years that I was advised by PNC that our payment was late. And rather than just a few days late, PNC insisted it took some 15 days before they received the payment.

I spoke with several people at PNC over the phone after that, advising it was urgent because there would be an automatic penalty of at least $1200 on the property tax if they did not honor the payments. I was essentially told tough luck; it was my responsibility to pay on time whether they sent the payment invoice or not, and if I wanted to appeal their decision, I had to write them a letter--which meant they had no intention of even considering trying to avoid the 10% penalty. I faxed a letter the same day on my law office's letterhead, with a copy to PNC's legal department. I argued that, even if my payment in November was late, it was bad faith to terminate a contract for one late payment in 7 years. and I would sue them if for breach of contract if they did not reinstate the credit line.

To my surprise, PNC did write me a week later advising that the $60K credit line was reinstated, and--since they valued my business so much--I was free to use the entire amount. I then paid the property taxes again, this time with a 10% penalty and other costs, and debated whether to obtain an attorney to recover the late costs. ( This month's PNC invoice also included $60 in penalties for the returned property tax checks).

I then received notice 1/22/11 from the City of SF that the second property tax payments were not honored by PNC either. Therefore there is another $1400 or so in additional penaltie owed--plus of course the original $24K.

I am DEFINITELY interested in participating in a class action lawsuit against PNC Bank. If anyone reading this is aware of an existing lawsuit, I'd greatly appreciate receiving information on this. Although I'm an attorney myself, I practice workers' compensation, and know I'm not qualified to represent myself in a class action lawsuit, but I might be able to locate an appropriate attorney/law firm.

My e-mail address is: [protected]@yahoo.com.

PNC Mortgagefalse foreclosure

We filed Ch.7 Bankruptcy 5/18/2010 in Tallahassee, Fl. PNC sent the Trustee a letter saying they would like to reaffirm the home loan. PNC wrote up a reaffirmation for the home loan and signed it. The reaffirmation states 300 payments at $531.78 with fixed interest 5% – to start 03/2010. It was filed with the Bankruptcy. The Bankruptcy was Discharged on 09/18/2010. Then on 10/22/2010 the Judge did a reaffirmation hearing and approved the reaffirmation with PNC, as this being our family home an we did not have an Attorney it had to be approved by the Judge. We continued to make payments as agreed. On Dec.29, 2010 I contacted PNC and ask if I should continue to make my payments to the same address, as they did not mail me a new coupon book. I was told by the Representative (Robert badge #PSY) that I was not to make payments they would only accept the full balance owed on the property. I ask why, and was told the modification was not complete. I stated we did a reaffirmation so we did not need a modification! He said our payment may be less! We did not like the way this sounded and mailed our payment by certified mail and PNC accepted it and cashed the check! Then on 01/13/2011 my wife (not me) received a letter "intent to foreclose" within 20 days of the letter dated 01/07/2011!! They stated we had not made payments from 10/01/2010 until now! We have our checks to prove we did and PNC says that those payments were for some other back payments owed! I stated that can't be true. We did a reaffirmation approval on 10/22/2010 and it was approved and we made our payments during the Bankruptcy or they would not have reaffirmed the loan! WE NEED HELP!! We are both Disabled on a fixed income and PNC demands we pay them $2380.52 or they foreclose on 01/27/2011. We don't owe this money and made our payments. I called PNC on 01/14/2011- I spoke to Bianca Badge # TSK - she continued to state we are 4 payments past due and they are going to foreclose on 01/27/2011, and will not accept any payments! I stated we are not and did a reaffirmation and PNC would not reaffirm a loan 4 months past due. She laughed and said, PNC does this all the time, "meaning reaffirms past due loans! PNC continues to state we are 4 payments past due! PNC would not have reaffirmed the loan if we were 4 payments past due! This is a FHA Loan and we can't get their assistance. First was FHA, serviced by National City Mortgage - second sold to PNC Mortgage - Then PNC said they sold our loan to an Investor! We don't even know who has our loan. We have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General – Senator Bill Nelson – Congressman Bill Southerland, and not a one has responded to us!! What do we do? I thought a reaffirmation was a binding document approved by a Federal Judge. We need a Class Action Lawsuit against PNC, But who can afford the Attorneys??

• Ro
                      Robert Jr Jan 13, 2015

Several years back I applied for The Home Affordable Modification Program and was told that I was eligible. PNC stated because my Mortgage was not reaffirmed that they would not do it!!
                      In November I called PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg OHIO, I filled out all of the information and was told my VA loan was going fine. Because my Original Mortgage was thru PNC, they were told that my Mortgage was not reaffirmed over 7 years ago. I was told no problem since it was going to be a new mortgage. I was told I had to have a $375 Appraisal, $50 Pest Inspection and $17 Credit Report. Which I paid for all of this and everything passed. The Closing was to take 60 days, 52 days into it only 8 days until closing. I got a call that said because my loan was not reaffirmed they would not refinance. I was told it was not right, but there was nothing I could do!! If anyone knows something I can do, please let me know!

• Fe
                      FEEBUM Apr 05, 2011

PASS IT ON...This law firm is collecting info on people affected by PNC... CONTACT THEM REGARDING YOUR ISSUE TO BE INCLUDED!! Good luck to all of us!!
                      Strange & Carpenter
                      12100 Wilshire Boulevard
                      Suite 1900
                      Los Angeles, CA 90025
                      Toll-free: [protected]
                      Fax: [protected]

LIVESTRONG2011 Jan 26, 2011

FINALLY HELP HAS ARRIVED- CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED PNC IS GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER!!
                      Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

Strange & Carpenter IN LOS ANGELES is investigating mortgage-related issues and whether Wells Fargo; CitiMortgage; American Home Mortgage; Litton Loan Servicing; OneWest Bank; Aurora Loan Services; Ocwen Financial Corp.; Wachovia; Saxon Mortgage Services; and PNC Mortgage are complying with the loan modification requirements of the federal Home Affordable Modification Program ("HAMP"). Please contact us for a free consultation if you are the borrower of a mortgage loan with one of these lenders/loan servicers who applied for and was determined to be eligible for a HAMP loan modification, but did not receive a permanent loan modification.

LIVESTRONG2011 Jan 26, 2011

We are currently going thru a very similar situation w/ PNC in California who is in bed with National City Mtge!
                      A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IS IN NEED
                      PNC MORTGAGE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR BREAKING THE LAWS AND FOR PUTTING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS!

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ATTY AND WILL BE FILING A LAW SUIT FRIDAY JANUARY 28TH AGAINST PNC/ QUALITY LOAN SERVICE FOR FALSE MODIFICATION AND SALE WITHOUT NOTICE

ATTY NAME IS WILLIAM VALLEJOS [protected] LOS ANGELES CALIF

PNC Mortgagewont take a payment!

Due to bank error, my bank returned my payment. I was willing to pay all fees up front and get an explanation and apology letter from my financial institution later and then write a letter with attachments to see if PNC would waive the late fee. My next payment is not due until January 16th, but they said that they would not accept my December payment at all until I update all my financial information with them AND paide the December AND January payment; even though the January payment is not due until another 13 days. I will look for a different mortgage company but there must be a law against financial institutions not accepting a payment when you are actually paying the total amount due on the day of making the payment. Why do they have to be like this to good customers? I have NEVER had a late fee in the 9 year period of doing business with them! This is horrible customer service an an example of unfair and poor practices - We will never do business with them again and the Government needs to stop this unethical behavior - Please Help!

Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

PNC Bankoverdraft fees and shady process

I finally got it- The banking system is such a scam---I had an issue this year with overdraft fees after being out of work for over 7 months. I was dealing with very bare minimum amounts of income so, the margin for error was very, very thin. Just this past week, I was informed that after depositing a check for $337.00 without any holds. My account balance was now up to $410.00 with the current available balance. So, later that "evening" I went to finish Christmas shopping and spent apprx $340, little did I know, but PNC has another number system that they go by. They informed me that those transactions were made by me using my card??? Which means its an instantaneous transaction...O...k, So I'm thinking as I was taught in school credits /(deposits) are adding to accounts and debits/(withdrawals) are taking out of accounts. Where in the world did this "pending" mess come from. I was charged 6 times @ $36 a pop because I was given some gibberish that my transactions were pending therefore, because they were not posted by the vendor, overdrafts occurred...huh? Then a week later, the same thing. 4 transactions with a balance of $318 more dollars, One item went over the balance causing an over draft? but I'm charged 36.00 per for all 4 transactions because of their pending process? WTF? No wonder they treat me sooo nice when I go into the lobby : ( Rip me off why don't you...I thought it was totally me---Credit Unions or under the mattress is sounding much more desirable...

Happily-Employed Feb 12, 2011

"When you use a debit card, these holds are placed on the funds. I use a credit card to avoid this problem.

It can take 1-2 weeks for holds on checking accounts to be removed. They can't expedite it. Go ahead and switch banks, it will be the same. This *was* your fault."

THIS COMMENT IS %100 CORRECT.

PNC Bank — destroyed atm card

I am not a PNC Bank customer but used their ATM with my SunTrust check card. In October, the PNC ATM captured...

PNC Mortgage — class action lawsuit anyone?

Becky Fee Pekin, IL (Near Peoria) [protected]@gmail.com [protected] I can't find an attorney in my locale...

PNC Mortgageharassment

PNC Mortgage Company has called our home twice on the 5th, and 11th telling us in a very
                        harassing way that we are late on our payment. We are not legally late until the 16th. of each month.
                        We have NEVER been late on a payment. I am becomming very upset be this harassment each month.
                        We have had many loans, and have never had another bank harass us before the payment is even due.
                        We have ask them to stop since we are never late on a payment, but they have refused.

Gaylon Green

John61574 Sep 18, 2014

I am currently have the same issue. PNC consistently calls every month asking for payment. In most instances my monthly has already been paid for. They harass my wife who is a work at home. I even have a confirmation # since I pay online. But it takes 24 - 48 hours to post or something. They ALWAYS threaten collections. To top it all off, I have a grace period as well. WTF!?

0 mins ago by LIVESTRONG2011 0 Votes

Strange & Carpenter-- RE PNC MORTGAGE ... CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED FOR CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
                            12100 Wilshire Boulevard,
                            Suite 1900
                            Los Angeles, CA 90025
                            Toll-free: [protected]
                            Fax: [protected]
                            Map and Directions

• Jb
                            J. Banta Dec 11, 2010

Wow...I have had the same experience and also explained to the customer service person that my payment is not technically late until the 16th and they told me that it is late if not made by the first of every month. They are always rude and ask me if I am residing in the house. Where else am I supposed to reside? I do not like pnc.

PNC Bank — security freeze on acct

On Black friday I decided to give on-line shopping a try. I was successful at 3am with Kohls and then moved...

PNCprocessing paperwork

I am two months behind in my mortgage because of decrease in my income and because of a high increase in medical expense. I sent the paperwork to PNC and am waiting for an answer. I receive a knock at the door. It was a man who works with PNC or he is contracted out to take pictures of the homes in the pre-foreclosure process. I was told to call PNC. I told him that I have my documents in with PNC and am waiting for an answer on my forbearance.

He told me that PNC is backed up in paperwork and that there are people who have modifications done but are still having to deal with him because PNC has to catch up on everything. He said to expect to see him 4 to 5 times before PNC catches up on everything.

I sent emails to the White House, my local representative, Senate and House committees on Finance and Banking. It is said that were are trying to work out ways to save our home because of the economy or bad luck, but the banks gladly took our tax dollars when they were bailed out.

Once my loan is brought back current, I plan on getting rid of PNC. My old mortgage lender, National City Mortgage, handled my loan in a much better and faster way then PNC is doing.

With so much going on with these banks, I suspect a class action lawsuit is not too far off in the future.

• Fi
                              Fighting none stop Feb 15, 2011

Well I am suing PNC formerly know as National City as my mortgage that was done through NC was found to have mortgage fraud in the documents that now make that document VOID from the day it was signed. I had my documents audited by a Certified Auditor and neither can my mortgage be found anywhere in any of the servicing pools. [email protected] helped me get the investigative paperwork that my attorney needed to fight my case. It has now been found that a person who signed an affidavit against me has 2 social security numbers and their name has been found a list of robo signers. Opposing counsel is not real happy with the investigative research we have done and has no clue as to the other piece of investigation paperwork we have and are waiting to slap him with, that shows that the party he claims has a claim to our property can not be found to be able to back that claim up. People need to have their mortgages audited so they can prove the fraud in the documents, mine was also found to have accounting errors that had we paid the full 30 years would have paid almost 50, 000 more than what we should have. We must make these banksters pay.

PNC Bankthieves

I accidentally used my PNC debit card (rather than my VIST debit card) when checking into a hotel. The hotel cancelled the transaction (almost $500.)
                            However, after 1 full week of back and forth with the bank and the hotel, PNC is still holding that money as a 'pending' withdrawl and it is unavailable to me. The hotel has sent them one fax after another confirming the cancellation. The bill was paid in full with my VIST card.
                            They will not give me anyone who can help me. Their only response has been to wait it out and it 'should' come off the account soon. I will be overdrawn on the account then they will charge me those ridiculous fees! This is stealing!! How can they get away with this?? I am sending formal written complaints to anyone and everyone I can find. As of this writing, I still don't have my money back.
                            I will be looking for a new bank tomorrow. They are negligent, unprofessional and they steal from their customers! Buyer Beware!

• Pn
                                PNC SUCKS! Nov 09, 2010

Yea, I've had an experience with PNC on overdraft fees. It just seems like after taxpayers paid billions to them that they would be more customer friendly. Unfortunately, most large banks including PNC like to [email protected] people coming and going. And hopefully there will be a time where they all we be hung and we can watch them dangle and twitch.