PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

2nd loan/credit line

Like several of the complainants on this site, I want to file a lawsuit against PNC Bank. Since I suspect there have to be a lot of angry PNC customers, I think a class action lawsuit would be preferable.

I am one of three people on a credit line with PNC, which is actually our 2nd mortgage on a TIC (tenants in common) home ownership. We currently have $60K in available credit, and PNC has been sending letters for more than a year now offering to buy back our credit at the rate of $100 per $10K.

This last Fall we were told by the City of SF that we owed about $24K in retroactive property taxes due to an error in the City's assessment after one of the units was sold in 2007. We decided to pay the retro amount--as well as our suddenly increased property tax due in Dec 2010--on the PNC credit line. Unfortunately, after paying approximately $24K by credit line checks, I received a letter from PNC stating that our credit line had been terminated due to a late payment in November 2010.

I actually did send the November payment to PNC a few days later than usual, but only because they never sent the payment invoice and envelope for that month. (They tend to do this a couple of times per year, in my experience.) I also explained in a note with the November payment that no invoice was received, and confirmed with one of the PNC reps that they received this note. This was the 1st time in more than 7 years that I was advised by PNC that our payment was late. And rather than just a few days late, PNC insisted it took some 15 days before they received the payment.

I spoke with several people at PNC over the phone after that, advising it was urgent because there would be an automatic penalty of at least $1200 on the property tax if they did not honor the payments. I was essentially told tough luck; it was my responsibility to pay on time whether they sent the payment invoice or not, and if I wanted to appeal their decision, I had to write them a letter--which meant they had no intention of even considering trying to avoid the 10% penalty. I faxed a letter the same day on my law office's letterhead, with a copy to PNC's legal department. I argued that, even if my payment in November was late, it was bad faith to terminate a contract for one late payment in 7 years. and I would sue them if for breach of contract if they did not reinstate the credit line.

To my surprise, PNC did write me a week later advising that the $60K credit line was reinstated, and--since they valued my business so much--I was free to use the entire amount. I then paid the property taxes again, this time with a 10% penalty and other costs, and debated whether to obtain an attorney to recover the late costs. ( This month's PNC invoice also included $60 in penalties for the returned property tax checks).

I then received notice 1/22/11 from the City of SF that the second property tax payments were not honored by PNC either. Therefore there is another $1400 or so in additional penaltie owed--plus of course the original $24K.

I am DEFINITELY interested in participating in a class action lawsuit against PNC Bank. If anyone reading this is aware of an existing lawsuit, I'd greatly appreciate receiving information on this. Although I'm an attorney myself, I practice workers' compensation, and know I'm not qualified to represent myself in a class action lawsuit, but I might be able to locate an appropriate attorney/law firm.

My e-mail address is: [protected]@yahoo.com.

false foreclosure

We filed Ch.7 Bankruptcy 5/18/2010 in Tallahassee, Fl. PNC sent the Trustee a letter saying they would like to reaffirm the home loan. PNC wrote up a reaffirmation for the home loan and signed it. The reaffirmation states 300 payments at $531.78 with fixed interest 5% – to start 03/2010. It was filed with the Bankruptcy. The Bankruptcy was Discharged on 09/18/2010. Then on 10/22/2010 the Judge did a reaffirmation hearing and approved the reaffirmation with PNC, as this being our family home an we did not have an Attorney it had to be approved by the Judge. We continued to make payments as agreed. On Dec.29, 2010 I contacted PNC and ask if I should continue to make my payments to the same address, as they did not mail me a new coupon book. I was told by the Representative (Robert badge #PSY) that I was not to make payments they would only accept the full balance owed on the property. I ask why, and was told the modification was not complete. I stated we did a reaffirmation so we did not need a modification! He said our payment may be less! We did not like the way this sounded and mailed our payment by certified mail and PNC accepted it and cashed the check! Then on 01/13/2011 my wife (not me) received a letter "intent to foreclose" within 20 days of the letter dated 01/07/2011!! They stated we had not made payments from 10/01/2010 until now! We have our checks to prove we did and PNC says that those payments were for some other back payments owed! I stated that can't be true. We did a reaffirmation approval on 10/22/2010 and it was approved and we made our payments during the Bankruptcy or they would not have reaffirmed the loan! WE NEED HELP!! We are both Disabled on a fixed income and PNC demands we pay them $2380.52 or they foreclose on 01/27/2011. We don't owe this money and made our payments. I called PNC on 01/14/2011- I spoke to Bianca Badge # TSK - she continued to state we are 4 payments past due and they are going to foreclose on 01/27/2011, and will not accept any payments! I stated we are not and did a reaffirmation and PNC would not reaffirm a loan 4 months past due. She laughed and said, PNC does this all the time, "meaning reaffirms past due loans! PNC continues to state we are 4 payments past due! PNC would not have reaffirmed the loan if we were 4 payments past due! This is a FHA Loan and we can't get their assistance. First was FHA, serviced by National City Mortgage - second sold to PNC Mortgage - Then PNC said they sold our loan to an Investor! We don't even know who has our loan. We have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General – Senator Bill Nelson – Congressman Bill Southerland, and not a one has responded to us!! What do we do? I thought a reaffirmation was a binding document approved by a Federal Judge. We need a Class Action Lawsuit against PNC, But who can afford the Attorneys??

LIVESTRONG2011 Jan 26, 2011

We are currently going thru a very similar situation w/ PNC in California who is in bed with National City Mtge!
    A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IS IN NEED
    PNC MORTGAGE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR BREAKING THE LAWS AND FOR PUTTING PEOPLE ON THE STREETS!

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH ATTY AND WILL BE FILING A LAW SUIT FRIDAY JANUARY 28TH AGAINST PNC/ QUALITY LOAN SERVICE FOR FALSE MODIFICATION AND SALE WITHOUT NOTICE

ATTY NAME IS WILLIAM VALLEJOS 323 725-1080 LOS ANGELES CALIF

LIVESTRONG2011 Jan 26, 2011

FINALLY HELP HAS ARRIVED- CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED PNC IS GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER!!
    Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

Strange & Carpenter IN LOS ANGELES is investigating mortgage-related issues and whether Wells Fargo; CitiMortgage; American Home Mortgage; Litton Loan Servicing; OneWest Bank; Aurora Loan Services; Ocwen Financial Corp.; Wachovia; Saxon Mortgage Services; and PNC Mortgage are complying with the loan modification requirements of the federal Home Affordable Modification Program ("HAMP"). Please contact us for a free consultation if you are the borrower of a mortgage loan with one of these lenders/loan servicers who applied for and was determined to be eligible for a HAMP loan modification, but did not receive a permanent loan modification.

• Fe
    FEEBUM Apr 05, 2011

PASS IT ON...This law firm is collecting info on people affected by PNC... CONTACT THEM REGARDING YOUR ISSUE TO BE INCLUDED!! Good luck to all of us!!
    Strange & Carpenter
    12100 Wilshire Boulevard

• Ro
    Robert Jr Jan 13, 2015

Several years back I applied for The Home Affordable Modification Program and was told that I was eligible. PNC stated because my Mortgage was not reaffirmed that they would not do it!!
    In November I called PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg OHIO, I filled out all of the information and was told my VA loan was going fine. Because my Original Mortgage was thru PNC, they were told that my Mortgage was not reaffirmed over 7 years ago. I was told no problem since it was going to be a new mortgage. I was told I had to have a $375 Appraisal, $50 Pest Inspection and $17 Credit Report. Which I paid for all of this and everything passed. The Closing was to take 60 days, 52 days into it only 8 days until closing. I got a call that said because my loan was not reaffirmed they would not refinance. I was told it was not right, but there was nothing I could do!! If anyone knows something I can do, please let me know!

wont take a payment!

Due to bank error, my bank returned my payment. I was willing to pay all fees up front and get an explanation and apology letter from my financial institution later and then write a letter with attachments to see if PNC would waive the late fee. My next payment is not due until January 16th, but they said that they would not accept my December payment at all until I update all my financial information with them AND paide the December AND January payment; even though the January payment is not due until another 13 days. I will look for a different mortgage company but there must be a law against financial institutions not accepting a payment when you are actually paying the total amount due on the day of making the payment. Why do they have to be like this to good customers? I have NEVER had a late fee in the 9 year period of doing business with them! This is horrible customer service an an example of unfair and poor practices - We will never do business with them again and the Government needs to stop this unethical behavior - Please Help!

Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

overdraft fees and shady process

I finally got it- The banking system is such a scam---I had an issue this year with overdraft fees after being out of work for over 7 months. I was dealing with very bare minimum amounts of income so, the margin for error was very, very thin. Just this past week, I was informed that after depositing a check for $337.00 without any holds. My account balance was now up to $410.00 with the current available balance. So, later that "evening" I went to finish Christmas shopping and spent apprx $340, little did I know, but PNC has another number system that they go by. They informed me that those transactions were made by me using my card??? Which means its an instantaneous transaction...O...k, So I'm thinking as I was taught in school credits /(deposits) are adding to accounts and debits/(withdrawals) are taking out of accounts. Where in the world did this "pending" mess come from. I was charged 6 times @ $36 a pop because I was given some gibberish that my transactions were pending therefore, because they were not posted by the vendor, overdrafts occurred...huh? Then a week later, the same thing. 4 transactions with a balance of $318 more dollars, One item went over the balance causing an over draft? but I'm charged 36.00 per for all 4 transactions because of their pending process? WTF? No wonder they treat me sooo nice when I go into the lobby : ( Rip me off why don't you...I thought it was totally me---Credit Unions or under the mattress is sounding much more desirable...

• Ha
    Happily-Employed Feb 12, 2011

"When you use a debit card, these holds are placed on the funds. I use a credit card to avoid this problem.

It can take 1-2 weeks for holds on checking accounts to be removed. They can't expedite it. Go ahead and switch banks, it will be the same. This *was* your fault."

THIS COMMENT IS %100 CORRECT.

destroyed atm card

I am not a PNC Bank customer but used their ATM with my SunTrust check card. In October, the PNC ATM captured...

2 comments Oakton Banks

class action lawsuit anyone?

Becky Fee Pekin, IL (Near Peoria) [protected]@gmail.com [protected] I can't find an attorney in my locale...

harassment

PNC Mortgage Company has called our home twice on the 5th, and 11th telling us in a very
harassing way that we are late on our payment. We are not legally late until the 16th. of each month.
We have NEVER been late on a payment. I am becomming very upset be this harassment each month.
We have had many loans, and have never had another bank harass us before the payment is even due.
We have ask them to stop since we are never late on a payment, but they have refused.

Gaylon Green

• Jb
    J. Banta Dec 11, 2010

Wow...I have had the same experience and also explained to the customer service person that my payment is not technically late until the 16th and they told me that it is late if not made by the first of every month. They are always rude and ask me if I am residing in the house. Where else am I supposed to reside? I do not like pnc.

0 mins ago by LIVESTRONG2011 0 Votes

Strange & Carpenter-- RE PNC MORTGAGE ... CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED FOR CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
    12100 Wilshire Boulevard,
    Map and Directions

John61574 Sep 18, 2014

I am currently have the same issue. PNC consistently calls every month asking for payment. In most instances my monthly has already been paid for. They harass my wife who is a work at home. I even have a confirmation # since I pay online. But it takes 24 - 48 hours to post or something. They ALWAYS threaten collections. To top it all off, I have a grace period as well. WTF!?

security freeze on acct

On Black friday I decided to give on-line shopping a try. I was successful at 3am with Kohls and then moved on to WalMart at 5am to purchase a 50" TV. I was thrilled I got it and went immediately to checkout. As I was trying to use my debit card from PNC a security alert came on and they wouldn't let my transaction go thru. I then tried my husband's card to no avail. I then lost the TV! Finally I tried online chat with PNC and they wouldn't release any info unless I could tell them the exact amount of the purchase (which didn't go thru!). I WAS FURIOUS! At the time I had over $3000 in my accout and had only spent about $400 online that morning. My daily limit for my card is $2000. After I got no where with the chat line I called the 800 number and was again asked ridiculous questions! FINALLY they agreed to release the hold on my card but by that time I had lost the TV and the entire order I had placed for Bergners and Sears. All in all this "freeze" cost me $1500 if I were to now go and try to purchase these same items. I asked them if no one had told them about Black Friday?! They were rude and offered nothing to compensate for this debacle. They claimed they tried to call our home at 5am (who in the hell expects the bank to be calling at 5am? and NO they didn't really call!) I did get a message later in the day (after I made the complaint) and I'm sure this was just a c.y.a move. Did anyone else have anything like this happen? Any ideas on if I can go after the bank for causing this problem?!

processing paperwork

I am two months behind in my mortgage because of decrease in my income and because of a high increase in medical expense. I sent the paperwork to PNC and am waiting for an answer. I receive a knock at the door. It was a man who works with PNC or he is contracted out to take pictures of the homes in the pre-foreclosure process. I was told to call PNC. I told him that I have my documents in with PNC and am waiting for an answer on my forbearance.

He told me that PNC is backed up in paperwork and that there are people who have modifications done but are still having to deal with him because PNC has to catch up on everything. He said to expect to see him 4 to 5 times before PNC catches up on everything.

I sent emails to the White House, my local representative, Senate and House committees on Finance and Banking. It is said that were are trying to work out ways to save our home because of the economy or bad luck, but the banks gladly took our tax dollars when they were bailed out.

Once my loan is brought back current, I plan on getting rid of PNC. My old mortgage lender, National City Mortgage, handled my loan in a much better and faster way then PNC is doing.

With so much going on with these banks, I suspect a class action lawsuit is not too far off in the future.

• Fi
    Fighting none stop Feb 15, 2011

Well I am suing PNC formerly know as National City as my mortgage that was done through NC was found to have mortgage fraud in the documents that now make that document VOID from the day it was signed. I had my documents audited by a Certified Auditor and neither can my mortgage be found anywhere in any of the servicing pools. [email protected] helped me get the investigative paperwork that my attorney needed to fight my case. It has now been found that a person who signed an affidavit against me has 2 social security numbers and their name has been found a list of robo signers. Opposing counsel is not real happy with the investigative research we have done and has no clue as to the other piece of investigation paperwork we have and are waiting to slap him with, that shows that the party he claims has a claim to our property can not be found to be able to back that claim up. People need to have their mortgages audited so they can prove the fraud in the documents, mine was also found to have accounting errors that had we paid the full 30 years would have paid almost 50, 000 more than what we should have. We must make these banksters pay.

thieves

I accidentally used my PNC debit card (rather than my VIST debit card) when checking into a hotel. The hotel cancelled the transaction (almost $500.)
However, after 1 full week of back and forth with the bank and the hotel, PNC is still holding that money as a 'pending' withdrawl and it is unavailable to me. The hotel has sent them one fax after another confirming the cancellation. The bill was paid in full with my VIST card.
They will not give me anyone who can help me. Their only response has been to wait it out and it 'should' come off the account soon. I will be overdrawn on the account then they will charge me those ridiculous fees! This is stealing!! How can they get away with this?? I am sending formal written complaints to anyone and everyone I can find. As of this writing, I still don't have my money back.
I will be looking for a new bank tomorrow. They are negligent, unprofessional and they steal from their customers! Buyer Beware!

• Pn
    PNC SUCKS! Nov 09, 2010

Yea, I've had an experience with PNC on overdraft fees. It just seems like after taxpayers paid billions to them that they would be more customer friendly. Unfortunately, most large banks including PNC like to [email protected] people coming and going. And hopefully there will be a time where they all we be hung and we can watch them dangle and twitch.

loan modification

I feel for anyone who has tried to obtain a loan modification from PNC Mortgage! I looked everywhere and all...

stay away

PNC's Home Modification program is nothing short of a Nightmare. After losing my job, being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and having 2 kids in college PNC advised us to apply for a loan modification. At the time ALL of our payments were current and we were told we would have an answer within 3 months. After a year of paying our agreed upon reduced payment we were denied. Although we income qualified at the time of our application my husband now had a second job. The position is perdiem and not guaranteed income. Despite this fact PNC counted it against us. Furthermore they lost our paper work and required that we resend the same documents 4 times. They failed to communicate with us and told us several times they had everything and we were in final review. When we called the next week shockingly they were missing documents. Letters were sent to us weeks later and we were placed on hold for an hour each time we called. We asked them on several occasions if we were in jeopardy of losing our home and told NO. We feel that had PNC handled our application in a timely and professional manner we would NOT be in this situation. We are now in bankruptcy but signed a reaffirmation with PNC. Prior to this experience we had Excellent credit and could have refinanced at a much lower rate.

They are now seeking over 5000 from us the difference of our full payment and our reduced payment. In addition they have hired Steven Baum's office and are starting a foreclosure. We feel like the program is a TRAP. We paid monthly in good faith for the entire year. No where in the agreement did it say we were jeopardizing losing our home. Had they told us up front we would have NEVER gone through the process. We have three teen age daughters and six pets. Our youngest is in tenth grade and now in jeopardy of leaving the school she has attended since kindergarten. Our home was new construction in 2003 and our 2.5 acre wooded lot is now a park like setting. Our life's savings is in this home and PNC is aware that we have equity. We believe that is why they are trying to take our home. The entire process feels predatory in nature.

Janice Hunter Jan 05, 2011

That is typical with PNC..depending on what state your in you could have some options...I work with the National Mortgage Relief Center and the American Consumer Advocates Law Group..please feel free to call for some free advice..Janice Hunter 877-320-6949 ext 233

0 mins ago by LIVESTRONG2011 0 Votes

Strange & Carpenter-- RE PNC MORTGAGE ... CURRENTLY INVESTIGATION FOR CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
    12100 Wilshire Boulevard,
    Map and Directions

loan modification/ poor service

PNC's Home Loan Remodification program is nothing short of a Nightmare!!!

After losing my job, being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and having 2 kids in college PNC advised us to apply for a loan modification. At the time, ALL of our payments were current, and we were told we would have an answer within 3 months. After a year of paying our agreed upon reduced payment, we were denied! Although we income qualified at the time of our application, my husband now had a second job. The position is perdiem and not guaranteed income. Despite this fact, PNC counted it against us. Furthermore, they lost our paper work, and required that resend the same documents 3-4 times. They failed to communicate with us, telling us several times they had everything and we were in final review. When we called the next week, shockingly, they were missing documents!! Letters were sent to us weeks later, and we were placed on hold for an hour every time we called. We feel that had PNC handled our application in a professional manner, we would NOT be in this situation!

They are now seeking over $5000 from us- the difference of our full payment and our reduced payment. In addition, they have hired Steven Baum’s office and are starting a foreclosure! We feel like the program is a TRAP! We paid monthly, in good faith, for the entire year! No where in the agreement did it say we were jeopardizing losing our home!!! Had they told us up front, we would have NEVER gone through the process! We have three teen age daughters, and six pets! Our youngest is in tenth grade, and now in jeopardy of having to switch schools. Our home was new construction and our 2.5 acre wooded lot is now a park like setting! Our life's savings is in this home and PNC is aware that we have positive equity! We believe that is why they are trying to take our home!

*** We Recently Filed A Complaint With The NY State Banking Department! We’re Asking That More Consumers File Complaints With Their State Banking Department & Put A Stop To PNC's Unethical Predatory Lending Practices!!!***

MMarion Sep 30, 2010

I was advised that PNC is under the jurisdiction of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

I filed a complaint with them online and received a case number immediately. I also received a letter stating that my file was being investigated!

You can reach them at the following address, telephone number and web-site:

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
    Customer Assistance Group
    1301 McKenny Street, Suite 33450
    Houston TX 77010

www.occ.treas.gov
    1 800 613-6743

• Lt
    LTIllinois Dec 01, 2010

I have the same identical story too the tee! I was not behind and asked about a lower interest rate advised to apply for modification. My income fits criteria. After 3 month trial they advised me to pay modification amount because they weren't done deciding. After 9 months of paying trial period I got a letter to pay 6, 800 or foreclose. Then the kicker came 3 months after that stating I had to pay escrow past and future and my payment is now 2, 500 a month I'm screwed!!!

MMarion Dec 04, 2010

I suggest that you call or file a complaint online with the Comptroller of Currency. They sadi rarely do homeowners follow through. Which is why banks like PNC can get away with this unethical practices! We have since hired an attorney. Should PNC move to a court proceeding, we will bring a counter suit against them!

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
    Customer Assistance Group
    1301 McKenny Street, Suite 33450
    Houston TX 77010

www.occ.treas.gov
    1 800 613-6743

MMarion Dec 04, 2010

Hopefully this will help someone out there. Our attorney just notified us that a Chapter 13 will stop the bank from foreclosing on our home. While a last resort, If PNC continues to refuse a re-payment agreement with us this is our next step. Best of luck!

hope no one steals your card

My debit card was cloned. This means someone takes your numbers and makes a new card with thier name on it to use. It was used 4 time in one day and I caught it the very same day and called to cancel the card and report the fraud. They gave me a provisional credit on the 4 charges and told me they were mailing paperwork to fill out for my claim. 4 days later they took the money back and the next day I received a letter stating the charges were valid. To top it off, they charged me $7.50 to replace my "stolen" card. Ummmm...no. The charges aren't valid, and they have yet to explain to me how they validated them since 3 of the 4 were at the same gas station on the same day and guess what... I never pay for gas with my debit card because I have a company car that is ONLY gassed up with the company fleet card. It's been a week. I call every day while they "look into it". Meanwhile, I'm cashing out the 156, 000 points I have and switching to a credit union.

• Th
    Theives in the Temple Mar 26, 2011

I believe you 100% I have been going around and around with this bank about a simular fraud. I knew something was wrongg but I could not put my finger on it because they were getting me every which way the could. I didnt know where to look first. They have totally cleaned out my entire Social Security Settllemnt. They list me going to the atm machine sometimes as many as 11 times in a row. Mind you I do not have a car, didnt get a chance to buy one. I assumption is this was done from inside the bank because they figure that it would be imposible for me to prove that I did not withdraw my own money because as they say I "gave someone my banking information because the only way you can get funds out of the atm is with a card. I only had one card and 1 thing is for damn sure no one was breaking in my house stealing my card running around town using it and then comming back and putting it in my wallet. I requested a computer printout of all my supposedly atm withdrawls so that I could get an idea of what time these withdrawls were occuring. Guess what ??? Not one of the withdrawls on my original statement appeared on that computer printout. After finding that out I requested everyone of them since I opened the account because i have all of my originals from day one. I was promised by Kimberly Carolan that she would mail them out to me on the day we spoke but no later than the following day. This was 3 weeks ago. I have seen nothing in the mail and she wont return any phone calls although the voice mail claims they check messages every hour and will return all calls before the end of day. This is the longest day in history. The one thing I know is they got "The Right One" because if they think for one minute that I am going to let this go then they are saddly mistaken. They have caused me to almost evicted because i was forced to move, they have damaged the credit I was working so hard to establish and I have had gas and cable turned off in the dead of winter and have had to result to asking other people for help somedays just so my son and i could eat. I waited 3 years for my disability settlement and in a matter of 4 months they have cleaned me out. The statements are so poorly doctored that its insulting. I plan on exsposing them at every oportunity I can. MY next stop is to the media. I am gonna make sure they face the local news here in Detroit on whats called the Hall Of Shame and I am going to call Fox 2 problem solvers. The only reason I have not presented them with a law suite is because I dont have the money to pay an up front lawyer fee. If there is anyone who will help me by taking this case on a contingent basis I would really appreciate it. Even if I dont get a lawyer on contigent basis I am gonna get the money some how because there are Theives in that temple and they are going to pay for what they have done to my life.

refinancing mortgage

We refinanced our mortgage with PNC. Please do not do this if you are thinking about using this bank. The customer service is horrible. We started the refinancing process 2 months before our bank (formerly National City) changed over to PNC. We filled out the National City paperwork only to have to have to do the whole process over again on PNC papers. We were ready to close when Aryin (our mortgage rep.) called to inform us that we would need to take over $400 to the title company the next day because the loan was not written as she had explained. (We were assured that all closing costs were covered under the National City version and Aryin said that would be the case with the resubmitted paperwork.) Today, Aryin called to inform us that we need to submit an additional $68 because they did not have the correct homeowners insurance information. This information was submitted to them at their request. PNC either failed to request the appropriate paperwork or to review the information they were given.

late fees

PNC will not remove late charge ($29)after their billing dept. failed to send me, not one, but two billing statements, stating it was my fault. I have received all my other credit card bills, except for this one, maybe the mailman made a mistake, but two months in a row, I don't think so. I will cancel after they receive my payment. Bad business, equals no business.

• gdmfsob Aug 23, 2010

You know that you owe a payment to them, so it's your responsibility to make that payment on time. Don't blame it all on them because you were too lazy to whip out your checkbook or go online and make a payment.

jaggedy2k Mar 12, 2011

It could be the mails fault. When you didn't get a bill did you call right away to find out why? Nope you just thought since you didn't get it you didn't have to pay. Why don't you grow up and take care of your obligations and quit blaming other people.

processing fake checks

This is very important information for all PNC Bank customers!! Listen up... I am recently a PNC Bank...

worst bank ever

I though Comerica was bad. PNC absolutely is worse than Comerica. Excessive fees, slow money transfer from accounts, poor customer service.

I honestly don't know how they got so big. They are terrible. I have never banked with a bank this bad.

customer service

The PNC "auto check re-order" system shows on-line that I have 47 checks remaining before the system will send me new checks. I currently have 15 checks remaining (verifying this using the cleared checks through the account with a wonderful service rep via phone and on line).

I said that clearly you can see that I do NOT have 47 checks remaining until re-order based on the sequence of cleared checks on-line versus the "ending sequence check number" of the previous order received!

The solution! I had to request them to turn OFF the auto reorder system, wait 3 days, and call back (through the wonderful automated phone system again), and have it turned back ON.

How's THAT for customer service!

This is only one example of the terrible customer service from PNC over the past 3 months. What a JOKE!!!

• In
    indybanking Nov 09, 2010

Due to a banking error (on the part of PNC), my checking account was overdrawn and charged $300 in overdraft penalties and fees. I went to my local branch and sat down with a clerk, and he couldn't find at any point where my account should have been overdrawn. He quickly agreed to deduct all overdraft and penalties on the account, but he had to have the manager sign off. After 10 minutes, he came back sheepishly and said the manager said my account didn't need to reflect that it was overdrawn because PNC had corporate "records and rules" and if they said it was overdrawn, then it was overdrawn! The clerk then suggested I "stop overspending" and go to our local Advance America short-term lender and borrow the money (at 391.71 APR) to bring the checking account current! I was speechless! I went back a second time to actually talk to the manager and when I told her I felt PNC had essentially stolen my money, she indignantly said, "I am offended!" I calmly said, "Any offense you are experiencing is minor compared to the offense I feel at the theft perpetuated by this bank from its customers." Beware of PNC; they are nothing short of criminal!

ridiculous drafts

Our account was set up with a manager so that there was not a $500 cushion and if our account would fall below $0 the debits and checks were to not be paid. Before we did this we would get hit with fees as my husband would not always notify me of his transactions and would cause the account to be overdrafted --- so I had it stopped.

Now, my husband wrote out a check to someone for $500 without telling me. Well that person went directly to the institution to withdraw that money. The teller could see that the funds were not available and instead of telling the person the funds were not available the teller cashed it. In the meantime on that same day 18 transactions were scheduled to clear, and guess what all NSF'd causing over $600 in fees, when tried to clear it up not one person would assist us or agree that it was their fault and get it straightened out. So we handed them our debit cards and said close the account we will not do business with you. Well they left it open causing more fees and still not willing to work with us. I was willing to pay for the monies that they paid out on plus one over draft, totaling about $200 not the $1, 019 it ended up being. Now tried dealing with the collections, all they would do is cut the cost by 50%. I offered to pay $250, they said no. Well it was the banks error not mine, the funds were not there they should not have cashed the $500 check. Now I am working on filing complaints and a dispute with the BBB and ChexSystems. BIG Banks suck...will never do business with any big bank again. Community Banks are the way to go!!!
Does anyone know if there is any class action lawsuit against National City, which is now PNC. I see there are tons of complaints on here about both banks and these banks should be charged and pay for their poor business practices.