PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

PNCaccount

On 1/26/2016 I went to a pnc bank on 2414 wycliff rd, raleigh, nc 27607. To make an deposit into my mother account. I did not have the account number however and had ssn/card number. I then ask the teller would she be able to look up my mother information with ssn/card nu, ber. She stated they couldnt provide account numbers, I advised I didnt ask for the account number I asked can she look it up. She then stated again they cant provide account number, I then stated again I didnt need account number. I said ma'am all I am asking is if you can pull up the account with card number or ssn and make the deposit that way. She was horrible and rude an wanst listening to anything I was saying and wasnt trying to help. I can walk into any other bank in american with the very same information and make a deposit.

PNC — home equity line

I closed this account by stopping by my local branch. I was given a statement I went to my other bank got a...

PNC — mortgage process taking way to long

I started a mortgage process over 4 months ago, I was given a pre approval letter. At which point we found a...

PNC Bankhome equity line of credit

Home Equity Line of Credit - Account number:[protected] bank records show that we have overpaid from March of 2012 till Nov 2013, a total of $3, 606.67. we requested several times from bank customer service to clarify how these extra payments have been refunded and if not refunded (which we believe that has not been refunded to us), bank need to refund this amount. Please check the summary of these extra payments below. Overpaid from March 2012 to November 2013 Total credit : $ 150, 000 Month (period) Extra payment Mar-12 45.67 Apr-12 120 May-12 120 Jun-12 120 Jul-12 120 Aug-12 130 Sep-12 150 Oct-12 200 Nov-12 200 Dec-12 200 Jan-13 200 Feb-13 200 Mar-13 200 Apr-13 200 May-13 200 Jun-13 200 Jul-13 200 Aug-13 200 Sep-13 200 Oct-13 200 Nov-13 200 Total Overpaid 3605.67 we urgently require an investigation and refunding extra payment .

PNC Bankmortgage calls saying they are collecting a debt before placing a lein.

For the past several months PNC Bank has been calling telling us we are late on our payments. Yes, due the 1st but not late until after the 16th. They start calling around the 4th of the month. Today the 5th, they placed three calls. I answered the last one and told them this was just harassment and I would report them to the BBB if it continued. Payment was made two days ago!!! I will not do anymore business with them and I informed the caller of this and said no one would get my recommendation. Also, informed them I would no longer answer any of their calls.

PNC Bankbusiness banking

October 2015. I was so excited my small business account was about to be paid off. I received a coupon in the mail stating that my last payment would be electronically deducted from my account. It really was a payment a and a half of the last one. Here is what transpired: The coupon was the only correspondence I received regarding the last payment of my account. It states “This bill replaces your final coupon or automatic deduction. The amount due on the final due date is shown under Payment Amount.” So call me crazy but I’m thinking that since I’ve had automatic deductions for the past 5 years that the correct amount would be deducted from my checking account on the usual automatic withdrawal day. Break out the champagne! Woohoo! Oh, not so fast. I check on the day after and the days after and do not see the deduction from my bank. I go on line and discover that I’m pretty much locked out of my account so I can’t see what is wrong with the deduction not being processed. I call PNC at [protected]. The gentleman tells me that since my checking account is not with PNC that I had to pay it in person. Note: it does not state that on this final payment bill. Well I work 2 full time jobs so I finally made it to the PNC Branch. I went to the teller who told me that I had to see one of the people for business banking. I was directed to a bored looking employee who never looked me in the eye and who I thought was incredibly unfriendly and unprofessional. She said you have to call the Business Banking office and have a fax sent to you stating what the final payment is. Then she gave me a card stating that I needed an appointment to see a business banker. She said I could just call the number tomorrow but it would take another working day to get me the fax letter with the final payment due. Then I would need to set up an appointment with someone to pay it. The coupon PNC sent me, says nothing about jumping through hoops to pay a final bill. The payment was due on the 8th. It looks like I won’t get the pay off until 11 days later because of all this nonsense. That is upsetting to me. I’m doing my best to be civil about this but I find the whole thing ludicrous. First of all, I am more than happy to make my final payment. I just cannot believe that it is this difficult. Not only was I not sent a letter explaining procedure but while at your bank, I was pretty much talked down to like why did I not know the rules. Hmmmmm. I can tell you that I will never apply for a business agreement with PNC again. Now through no fault of my own, the last payment was late and I’m sure the interest is not anything to worry about, however it is the point of the matter. I’m really not a difficult person, but I am really surprised at the lack of clarity, empathy and compassion I have received regarding this final payment from PNC. You would think they would appreciate a small business paying off their balance but instead they acted like it was a pain for them to deal with me. I would say that if given a survey on my treatment of this whole experience out of 10 stars I would give PNC 1. The fact that they did send me the Final Paid in Full letter was amazing considering how irrational everything else was.

PNC Bank — to provide a document showing I am the only person on my home equity line of credit

Thursday October 8th. I called the phone number [protected]. I ended up with a consultant who seemed very...

PNCmodification

I too tried over 12 times to get a modification. One desk would tell me I was fine And the next would foreclosure on me.
          I was sandbagged over 12 times.. Ginall PNc gCe me a payment log. I made 3 rd payment and because my husband who stole all the equity mist of the equity out a home mostly own by my mother. We ho back up go fofclosure. 3 disable women and a young boy.

That cant catch him on bank fraud. But it will cost me custody of kids. Good fzmiky banking

PNC Bankhome equity line of credit issues

In September of 2012 I signed the paperwork to a Home Equity Line of Credit with National City Bank. They told me PNC had purchased them and that my account would transfer over to PNC. No big deal. Boy, I am regretting it now. I was told I could make extra payments to the principal and at first I could. PNC removed this option from on-line banking and when I try to go to the bank to pay the extra on principal only there are always problems. In April of last year I paid an extra 1, 000 on the principal and it was changed the same day to 842.84 principal and 157316 interest. My monthly automatic payment for April was never taken out. When I called in May to protest and have it corrected I talked to Cindy Christy in retail escalation. At first she said, "Well, you didn't make any payments to interest!" It took some time but I finally got her to understand that I wanted all of that to go to principal and my regular payments to continue. We agreed that I owed a payment and she had me sign papers authorizing her to take a one time payment out of my checking account. She applied the entire payment to my principal to correct the error of April's payments. I don't know who went into my account and took out a payment in May which was due on the 15th but it is dated May 6th and the payment was for 184.14 to principal and 154.76 interest. This would have been correct but it was removed the same said date and no payment was therefore taken for May. I did not check any of this because I thought the issue was resolved in April. In June I see my payment was taken and the entire 338.90 was put to interest! What is happening here. I called and spoke to Becky Merrick, also retail escalation department. She said she would get back to me and left a message days later saying I owed that because I paid 1, 000 to my principal in April. I left her several messages since that it doesn't make sense to me to owe MORE in interest after I have paid 1, 000 to lower my principal. Never heard from anyone again. I got the number of the retail escalation's regional manager. Debra Baker is the Executive Client Relations of Enterprise Escalation Group. first she was on vacation and then when I finally spoke to her she said she would get back to me after further investigation. Never heard from her again. I filed a claim with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. This took some time as I wanted to send paper copies so no one could say they had never received my complaint form. I got a case number and had to call back a month later and ask where the forms were they were suppose to send. "Sorry. Someone had not marked that the forms were to be mailed to me." One month later, still no forms. I called and asked if someone at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau got paid to loose any complaint forms for PNC? TA DA! My papers finally arrive December 11th. I fill them out and send them back ASAP. I received a letter of acknowledgement that my complaint forms were received on February 23rd! I receive a letter from PNC on April 21st, "Please allow me to respond to your complaint filed on February 20th". This was from Debra Baker and her explanation of what happened does not mention anything about the May payment being negated nor does she mention the June payment going solely to interest. Also, my July payment was divided as 113.47 to principal and 225.43 to interest. August was 157.06 principal and 181384 interest. Before all this started my principal was 169.13 and interest 169.77. It's like they punished my with extra interest because I tried to pay down my principal. No way were they not getting their money. I have so many more issues with them...Making comments when I withdrew money one Friday "Are you planning on making a big purchase this weekend?', looking at my accounts and saying "You have a lot of money in here!", while trying to send money overseas, "You do not have the correct information that we need. I do not read or speak German." Well, I can't change the name of the bank to English for them and I can't change the account number for them because it has too many digits to fit into there forms! Now I receive a letter saying they are adding a clause to their accounts that any claims must go to their arbitration and cannot be settled by judge or jury. What is up with that! I have had enough. I am getting out ASAP!!!

• Ha
                HATEBANKS123 May 04, 2011

PNC SUCKS ### --- they take all of your HARD earned money in fees...###ers living lavishly...stop putting money in the banks they are jerks over $300 in fees this month what jerks...ONLY ONE PERSON IS GETTING RICH AND IT AINT YOU !!!

• Be
                Bethesda Consumer Oct 01, 2011

PNC Bank refused to guarantee my signature, even though we've been customers of the bank for 32 years.

PNC Bank — rude

My friend and I parked in the nearly empty PNC parking lot in a strip mall shopping area. my friend drives a...

PNC Bankcredit card

I had a VISA card issued by PNC bank. I signed up to pay my bill online. Little did I know that hidden in the fine print, they say that by agreeing to pay them online rather than mail a check I agreed to no statements ever being sent. I agree I didnt read each word in the long pages one must agree to nowdays. I have about 40 credit cards and EVERY other one asks you, so you know what your agreeing to if they want to do the same. I realize paperless saves them money, but it is a good reminder to pay should you not remember when the paper statement comes so I always prefer paper anyway.

I used the card to spend the amount needed for the premium incentive and then tucked it away with a zero balance. About a year later a newsletter that I subscribed to for 1 year, helped themselves to my same credit card for another year. I didnt receive any renewal notice in the mail this just happened and I didnt know it. Since the card was tucked away I didnt know there was a bill. 30 days later its still unpaid as I still didnt know and now I had 2 late fees. I got a call from PNC asking be about the amount owed them. I said I had no idea! She told me who the charge was from. I called them immediately and cancelled. The account was brought to zero. PNC closed the account. They didnt tell me but that part is fine with me. They did take off the late fee. However they reported 2 negative marks late pay to Experian and my credit score fell about 50 points!

Considering that they dont sent notifications, and someone charged my card without me knowing it, and it was reasonable enough for them to take off the late fees, I feel they shouldnt be reporting negative marks against me as I had a very high credit score that I watch closely.

I called the number on the credit card and they were friendly but firm, NO WAY NO HOW are we going to adjust your negative marks. The agent didnt offer to let me talk to anyone else. I just feel this is very unfair.

So just a warning, dont let this happen to YOU. I feel its a bad way to treat customers. If they want to save a dime or more...and not send anyone statements thats fine but when this type of thing happends because they dont send statements, they should be more understanding.

PNC Mortgageva refinance

In November I called PNC Mortgage in Miamisburg OHIO, I filled out all of the information and was told my VA loan was going fine. Because my Original Mortgage was thru PNC, they were told that my Mortgage was not reaffirmed over 7 years ago. I was told no problem since it was going to be a new mortgage. I was told I had to have a $375 Appraisal, $50 Pest Inspection and $17 Credit Report. Which I paid for all of this and everything passed. The Closing was to take 60 days, 52 days into it only 8 days until closing. I got a call that said because my loan was not reaffirmed they would not refinance. I was told it was not right, but there was nothing I could do!! If anyone knows something I can do, please let me know!

PNC — fraudulently held a cleared check

I am so angry with Pnc they claim convenient banking HAHA NO WAY! My husband and I received two checks one in...

PNC Bankstole $100 from me

5 months ago, without notifying me by mail, email, phone or personal contact PNC Bank initiated a $20 per month "Calculated Service Charge Type Hd" against my account. I only process 2 sizable transactions per month and hence had not reviewed the account. A few days ago I received a threatening letter from PNCBank say my account was overdrawn $1.67. The overdraft was due to the dishonest service PNCBank was levying on my account without my knowledge or permission. The "Financial Specialist" at the Waterworks Branch was curt and rude. I deposited $1.67 and will close the account tomorrow. I've had this account over 30 years. PNCBank is the most dishonest bank or financial institution I have ever dealt with ... Customer Beware is the watchword when dealing with PNC Bank.

PNC Bank — sign-up bonus is a joke.

PNC will do anything to get out of paying sign-up bonuses. Also, employees do not give full and...

PNC Business Checkingthe end of free checking!

Thank you SO much PNC! After 25 years of service you they have advised me that they have killed their free business checking and are now charging an unreasonable fee and are demanding a huge deposit to maintain checking without this fee!!! I am heading down to their lousy bank Saturday and cancelling ALL my accounts and switching them to my local bank, First Keystone, who still cares about its customers! I encourage anyone else affected to do the same - let the bank know by the loss of our dollars how much we hate them! Share this with all your friends and spread the word across the world if you think this is unreasonable!

I am an artist and writer and bring in less than $10, 000 per year in these activities. I do it more for enjoyment than for profit, but do sell some of my work. As such, I require a business license, sales tax license AND a business account. It is not my intention to become rich at this, just to be able to sell my works to interested parties. Even the monthly fee would extract too large of a percentage of my profits to make it worthwhile, and I certainly would not want to lock up $1, 500 with the bank to avoid a couple of hundred dollars in fees. As for the validity of my business, there are tens of thousands of people in my same situation with a combined net worth greater than the net worth of Wal-Mart (per Entrepreneur Magazine, 2012, can't remember the month.) There are artists, crafts people, musicians, summer carnival vendors, part time caterers and the list just goes on. Best to think before you post such a rash response. My greatest complaint is that these huge businesses, banks included, are always jack-booting the little fellow who is struggling to survive and make a few bucks. They say we are a nuisance to them. I say, why not charge the huge companies that eat up all their server space and take endless hours to support and cut the little guy a break!

PNC Business Bankingbusiness checking fees

Thank you SO much PNC! After 25 years of service you they have advised me that they have killed their free business checking and are now charging an unreasonable fee and are demanding a huge deposit to maintain checking without this fee!!! As usual, the big guys take it out on the small businesses I am heading down to their lousy bank Saturday and cancelling ALL my accounts and switching them to my local bank, First Keystone, who still cares about its customers! I encourage anyone else affected to do the same - let the bank know by the loss of our dollars how much we hate them! Share this with all your friends and spread the word across the world if you think this is unreasonable!

So folks, this is what PNC thinks of you after 25 years of service:
                      Dear Valued Business Customer,

In August, your Free Business Checking accounts will change to our new Business Checking. Because you are a valued customer, we want to help minimize any impact this change may have for your business. To help, we have set up a special customer site with more information.
                      To avoid a monthly $12.00 fee you must:
                      1. Maintain an average monthly collected balance of $1, 500 in your account.
                      2. Have a PNC Merchant Services® account.
                      3. Use a linked PNC Business credit card to make a minimum of $1, 000 in eligible purchases each month.

PNC Bank Norwin Hills Branchmistake and lack of service

1. My name was dropped from my mother's account, and I cannot use her account. No idea why? Hmmmm
                        Ask that gal over there.
                        2. That gal over there...I waited for 15 minutes on my lunch hour while she chatted on the phone. When
                        she was off the phone (of course I waited in seats and stared at her back) ...she took a client who walked through the door, and didn't make it right.
                        3. I tried to call the branch manager to complain, but, guess what? The line was busy for 20 minutes so I gave up.

Go anywhere but here. They are the 'WORST.

PNC Bank — account closure

PNC was a good bank at one time but not anymore. My debit card was skimmed and they did nothing. I contacted...

PNC Bank — theft

A few years ago my sons added me to their bank accounts so I could handle their local finances as they were...