PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

PNC / National City Mortgagescam on late fees

Once pnc merged with ncm they are now unable to track the money they collect from the customers and they are illegally overcharging late fees. Twice now, six month apart, I have been charged a late fee for my monthly payment on the first of the month, I have a 15 day grace. When I contacted pnc and asked why I was assessed a late fee and where is the money now since it should not have been charged, pnc refuses to answer I do not have an escrow so I asked pnc that they did with the money they refuse to answer. I sent 3 certified letters they will not touch the subject and refuse to answer a simple question which is where did my money go. If you are having this problem please send an email to [protected]@yahoo.com with a short paragraph of your issue. I am gathering info for a potential fraud scam by pnc.

PNC Bankgift card

I was given a gift card by an acquaintance right before Christmas this year. It had a certain dollar amount on it. Some of it was used, and right after a gas station transaction the other night, it was denied everywhere else that I tried to use it. I called the phone number on the back of the card 5 times since then and here are the lies I was told: Rep. 1 told me that the remaining funds were being held because the gas attendant should have swiped the card inside the gas station instead of at the pump. I asked how long it would take to get the money reinstated and was told it could be about 24 - 48 hours. I was told that the merchant has to settle the transaction. I returned to the merchant later the same night and told him what they said. He is foreign so he did not really understand. I used his phone to call the PNC number again to get clarity. However, Rep 2 told me that the merchant can't do anything, that it is up to the bank and to go to my local branch. I did that this morning, it's Christmas Eve, only to be told that they can't do anything about it. Later on today, I called the number again and Rep 3 told me that the bank cannot do anything. I questioned why I was told that, and she had nothing to say, no explanation. She actually said that the card itself is in control of the transaction. I could not believe how absurd this was and I said that they should state how it can and cannot be used on a placard or something when you get the card. She said that the terms and conditions are accessible on the website because they are so lengthy they will not fit on a card. I asked about what happens if you don't have a computer, and how this is inconvenient and ridiculous. I asked about how long it would take to have the funds reinstated and she said that it would take about 8 days!!! I asked why I was earlier told by another rep that it would be about 24 - 48 hours. She had no explanation. I called later still to another rep, #4, who told me that the merchant controls when they settle their transaction and it hits from his bank to mine. I then questioned how they can say with any certainty when it will be released and why am I being told that the merchant controls this, or the card controls it, but the bank itself can do nothing. Where is the accountability? I am very strongly considering pulling all of my accounts from PNC Bank. I cannot believe all of the inconvenience and the general lack of responsibility. I will never buy a PNC gift card for anyone. They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Complete idiots! I told them I would tell everyone I know about this, and they said to go ahead, so here it is... What a bunch of incompetent liars! Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and I do hope people can learn from my experience so it won't happen to anyone else! Thanks for listening, and God bless America!!!

• Ol
        OldBill Dec 24, 2009

You said "I am very strongly considering pulling all of my accounts from PNC Bank."

Looking at the litany of complaints already lodged against that organization (see below), I hope you make it a priority to close out your business with them immediately - before they get around to screwing you big-time.

I'm guessing that by now they've probably figured out which customer you are, and have already added you onto their [censored]list!

PNC Bankbeware

Just wanted to inform you that in total disgust I canceled my credit card, I was sent a letter saying my interest rate, etc. was being raised because of a limited relationship, serious delinquencies, and a high debt ratio.

Shame on you for being liars, I went to my bank where we pulled my credit record and there are no past due accounts or delinquencies that could be identified for the 48-month reporting period.

The limited relationship is correct. I believe being a customer of 4-years, on-time payments, and always paying beyond the minimum due is a limited relationship on your short sighted part. Too bad National City was taken over by low life ### like yourselves.

As for the debit ratio, funny I was able to secure an equity line which exceeds $150, 000 and by the way matches the amount I have invested in my local bank. They understand relationships and perhaps you could learn from them.

It is apparent that this is a tactic PNC uses to jack up interest rates and extort money from clients that have accounts in good standing. I will to the fullest extent possible provide all the free publicity for PNC I can. Starting with Banking Authorities and attempt to engage an attorney to pursue a class action suit based on your fraudulent claims my credit was less than desirable as stated in your letter.

I spent twenty years of my life honorably serving the United States of America in our military to ensure our country remained free of your kind. You are the problem with the economy in the United States of America and crooks like you should not be allowed to freely roam and rape and pillage our country.

PNC Bankover draft fees

I just turn 41 and now I don’t know how to manage my money according to pnc bank. My last 2 months of banking with them was a nightmare. I’m no long a customer of pnc…it’s almost 2010 and there system is azz backward. They almost had me believing that I was causing the over draft fees on my account. I went over on my checking account by $15 dollars and it cost me $145.00. I had money in my saving to cover that transaction but I didn’t sign up for over draft protection. (fine) no argument there. Why do they pay off the highest transactions first and the lowest last??? Why not pay them off in the order that you made the transaction. I’m christmas shopping and my last purchase cost me 75 dollars on a sunday. (that should equal 1 over draft fees, not with pnc) because they pay the highest first. I got 3 over draft fees. The first was for a $3 mc donald’s transaction on friday morning. The second was a $4.50 shoprite transaction on friday also. The last was a $25 dollar gas purchase done friday also. I did not have enough to cover the last three small transactions. When I made the $75 purchase why didn’t my card say decline transaction? Pnc answer was the reserve bank is not open on the weekend and the purchase do not clear until monday. So, my next reply was “ you’re trying to tell me I can purchase a tv and go into the pnc bank and pull that money out on the weekend because the tv purchase don’t get down loaded until monday.” there answer was “no sir there’s blocks to prevent that from happen.” my next reply was “mama I know that because it would say sales decline. I went over on my account less than $20. Pnc gain $140. If they charged me in the order that i’ve made my transaction pnc would of only charge me $36. With my direct deposit pnc would get there money off the top. For the last 2 month my pnc banking cost me more that my cable bill. Thank you pnc for the wonderful experience.

• Ky
            KyleKelly Jun 27, 2014

I didn't have an issue with PNC until approximately 1-1/2 years ago. Suddenly, I found multiple overdraft fees being charged for debits that I actually had funds to cover. I had an IRS refund credited to my account, which should have covered the small charges I made against the card. Even though it was federal funds deposited, and the charges were not made until the following 2 days, the federal deposit had to "clear." Of course, this resulted in numberous overdraft fees.
            This scenario has repeated itself almost monthly, as PNC also has to "clear" my payroll automatic deposit. I've had the same automatic payroll deposit from the same employer to PNC for almost 20 years, but it still has to "clear." In prior years, that was not the case and I never was assessed overdraft fees. Now, I'm hit with overdraft fees monthly, when the funds are in the bank and should cover all charges. Why? I've never been able to comprehend why, no matter how many different employees I speak to.
            I detest PNC. Unfortunately I have so many autodebits and autodeposits set up with PNC that it would be a major-league headache to switch banks, even if I could, given the history of overdraft fees that PNC has been kind enough to endow upon me.

PNC Referral Servicessuspected loan fraud company

A Mr "Redman" called my phone saying he was a financial rep for PNC Referral Services claiming his company was approving me for a 5000 loan. I dont even remember submitting an application with this"company". So...I said fine, give me the company's full name, physical address, all relevant telephone numbers, the company business ID, his employee ID, to send me all relavent documents so I could, with a lawyer, look over the documents to make sure everythig was legit, and so I could contact the BBB for a report on his company...you can guess what happened next...his voice began to waver, he stated"Well Mr Walker I can see you do not wish to continue further with your loan application. I said" Sure I will, just give me the requested info I asked for...after all, you want all MY relevant information, and I want all your and you companies relavent information, to make sure all is legit and all the i's are dotted and all the t's crossed...he replied"we are gladly terminating your application sir, goodbye". He hung up faster than Quicksilver!!! And they would not answer their phones after that...So...Come to your own conclusion...can we all spell SCAMMER???? So, in my own humble opinion...this "company "is, to say the least...QUITE suspect.

PNC Bank — hsa account

Consumer beware... Employer beware... I opened an employer sponsered hsa account (health savings account...

National City Mortgagerefusing payments

I came across one of the complaints that NCM refused payments and thought to let readers know it happean to me.
            I made all of my months payments on time up until I lost my job and fell behind but always made the payments in full amouts until they sent it back saying " I need to make arrangment with the attorney in Oahu, who would not negotiate. I learned just the other day that NCM is no longer and have been taken over or emerged with PNC and the take over or opening day is on Nove. 9, 2009. How ironic that I got a letter to foreclose dated Nov. 4th and received Nov 14th.
            Does anyone out there understand what President Obama really meant when he made supposedly a "bailout" money to help with us? Can anyone out there help.

• Is
                Ishness Dec 09, 2009

I am willing to help you with possibly getting out of your current situation. I do not want your money. I will help you for free. However, before I can assist you, I need to know a few things. I can be messaged through this site, or I can be emailed on my personal address at: [protected]@gmail.com (obviously not my work address). I need to know the current status of your mortgage and if there is a sale date scheduled for your property. If you still need help, let me know as soon as possible as this is a time sensitive issue.

PNC Bankoverdraft fees on closed acct

My husband had to file bankruptcy due to medical bills. He was unable to get one of the creditors to stop a re-occuring payment from his checking account so he closed the account. Even though the account is closed, the bank has continued to pay this creditor, along with one check he had written before closing the account(which he paid from his new checking account at a different bank). The bank insists they are "required" to pay any items presented to them on the closed account. What recourse do we have to stop these payments?

AniOR Dec 01, 2009

Note to all of above ~ this "Maggie" makes a habit of making inane derogatory comments on complaint pages about banks. See "Maggie" profile and comment list. and also note this "Maggie" is always in favor of the banks. Could this "Maggie" be the bank? Such as the establishment itself that we all are bangin our heads against?

• Up
                  upathetic Dec 08, 2009

AniOR -- why would someone from the banks be telling people how to AVOID overdraft fees? The banks want to keep collecting that money.

• Up
                  upathetic Dec 09, 2009

"Smart"Consumer100 must work for the banks. That's the only possible reason for such hatred against someone who tells people how to AVOID overdraft fees. Using "experience and common sense, " by the way.

Which banks are paying you to be their shill?

• rolltidefan Dec 21, 2009

upathetic is nonniemouse undercover

Jake Johnson Dec 20, 2010

I suggest that in order to get this corrected to file a complaint with your BBB in your area or state. I also banked with PNC and found myself in the negative. I had my military check deposited and the bank seems to allow an account to go overdrawn due to their failure to apply funds that are made automatically by the US depository. It is only profitable for them to apply that after wards so that they can apply over draft charges illegally. It is a real shame that this practice of theft is allowed. I hope that they are found at fault in our courts and prosecuted for theft.

jaggedy2k Feb 21, 2011

They are correct in saying they are required to continue to pay after the account is closed. It is up to you to call the people you owe any debt to that have payments coming out of your account. You even said you wrote a check out from the account and you expect the bank to not pay it but still have to take the time to process it and you not have to pay? Unlike a past poster commented the overdraft charges do not seem to be illegal. Also if you filed bankruptcy and the creditor is ordered to stop collecting but still continue its up to you to take of it not the bank. It sounds like you were quick to close the account for all the wrong reasons without knowing what you were doing and now you got a mess you don't want to have to deal with yourself.

jaggedy2k Feb 21, 2011

Also Jake, If its a direct deposit funds are made available the day of the deposit for any bank. If its a check it depends on the banks availability guidelines even if it is a government check. Maybe you should make sure your funds are available before you use them. Most banks have phone, internet, and ATM services where you can easily see what funds are available for you to use.

• Pi
                  [email protected] Aug 19, 2013

I had a similar problem. Street I 'closed' the account and automatic payment that I set up with Bill pay tried to come through. According to the rep, this 'popped' the account back open. I went into the back and attempted to make a deposit to bring it back into the positive and attempt to close the account again but was told that it's a closed account and I could not make a deposit. I was going to show my direct deposit to go into the account to bring it to the positive but the bank also declined the deposit because the account was 'closed'. So apparently closing an account with one doesn't really mean closed. I no longer had access to my account so I want able to stop the automatic payment. Silly me for thinking that when I closed an account ALL activity would cease. Pnc told me that when ever something attempted to come through, I would be charged. Go figure. So they aren't paying anything into overdraft, they are returning items AND but charging me fees! I can't make a deposit so I just have to sit back and watch it go further and further into the negative. And ALL of it is bank fees. There have been a couple class action suits against them, I sense another is soon to come

PNC Bank — excessive overdraft fees

Pnc is controlled by gallup polling and highest fees in the banking industry. They laugh behind customer...

National City Mortgage — trying to foreclose on us/we haven't missed a payment!

Our problems with national city mortgage began in the fall of 2007. We had been having some serious financial...

National City Mortgage — big time fraud!

I am pleading to the american public... An outcry of injustice!!! Can anybody hear this? This company amongst...

PNC Bankshady business practices

Sometimes, when you have two people using one account and each have a debit/credit card and those cards are used for everything, sometimes mistakes happen... like your husband might forget to give you one of his transactions? This happened to me last week. We had an error in our checkbook because I didn't have one of his receipts, therefore I did not know about the transaction. Like many people in today's economy, we are sometimes just barely making it. $5 can mean the difference between being able to get to work that day in order to get your paycheck! Well, we had an oversight, which cost us $34. Okay, that is our responsibility. HOWEVER, this was of course one of those PENDING items we were charged for - even though it hadn't hit yet. So, we put another deposit in there to cover the PENDING overdrawn amount and should have had over $20 left. Well, NOT the case. Even though I called the bank and discussed the situation with them, lo and behold, the next day there was ANOTHER fee for $34 which magically appeared. When I called the bank, incredulous at this new fee, they tried to tell me it was for an item that had already been processed two days earlier! Anyone who banks with them knows this does not make sense... an item that was ALREADY in the system and according to MY books and according to THEIR books ONLINE, there was money in there to cover it. They are trying to tell me something different and it just doesn't compute with my checkbook... and mine says the SAME thing their online system does! I had $2.24 in there MORE than the item that was presented. In my very humble opinion, PNC is the mafia of the banking world. We are closing our personal account and WILL NOT be opening our business account there. I hope they have so many holes in their feet from shooting themselves in the foot that they are barely able to hobble out of business. What a bunch of financial rapists!

• Do
                    Down with PNC Nov 18, 2009

I have to agree with this customer. I would not have believed it until my son today 11/18 just experienced a similiar situationwith PNC. In this case his new wife had an account at another back which PNC purchased, she had closed her account but somehow that did not occur (although no notification of an open account was ever sent), and today PNC without any authorization, and claiming that he signed some form, which they REFUSSED TO provide a copy of to him stating it was "an internal back document" and pulled over $400 from his account. First by law you must be provided with a copy of any document you sign. Second, how is it that PNC can pull money out of an account without any notice, and based on someone elses account. Additionally the staff at the branch in Western PA, namely the manager, actually made the statement that sometimes you don't know the type of person you marry and what they may be hiding in their closet. What type of comment is that, and how can a bank just pull money out of an account without any notification, especially when it is not that persons account. Had the two banks merged PNC would not have every been able to do this. What bothers me the most and why I have advised my son to see if there is any way to open a class action suit is signing a paper, which you are then not permitted to have a copy of. How does he know it is his signature.

• Ri
                    rippedoffinpgh Dec 18, 2009

I am also wondering why there is not a class action lawsuit on PNC for their practices. Same thing here, plenty of $$$ in bank to cover $4.60 and $13.46 transactions on Monday afternoonwith my DEBIT??? card but noooo, PNC posts those AUTHORIZED
                    transactions as "pending" even tho it states the following items have been deducted from your balance. Two checks came in Tuesday morning and all of a sudden I am hit with 4 overdraft fees. Their account dis-service reps cant tell you anything for 2 days. Tried to make deposit on Tuesday evening and was told, nope cant deposit a check my fiance had endorsed to me and then was also loudly told my account was overdrawn. The online
                    "services" also a big joke on consumers. The online banking site does NOT show the same order of postings/trasactions as PNC system so impossible to follow the liar on the phone who doesnt even attempt to assist. I emailed them with my concerns, what a surprise still no answer. I am in Pittsburgh and thinking of contacting local news to get a support network or complaint group public . Perhaps that will spur some action

• Sh
                    shadesters Jan 14, 2010

I have this problem right now. I use PNC (was with National City before these greedy ### bought it out)

Anyways, I had like $57 something in my account. I made a $3 puchase at Gamestop a few days before a $70 check (not really a check but a direct debit) came out. So, on the 29th, I looked at my account. The 70 had not come out yet, and the $3 puchase was still pending, even though it should have posted because it was pending since like the 26th. Anyways, I work overnights. I checked my account the morning of the 30th, around 4AM, still had the 53 dollars (57 minus gamestop puchase that was pending)

So i get home at 8am, check my account again, still positive $53. Go to sleep for a few hours, wake up around 1pm, and I am negative $16. That was when the 70 came out. I say "okay, Ill go make a deposit real quick." The teller tells me that my $50 deposit is instant, and brings my account to positive $33. She also said I shouldnt get any fees. This was close to 2pm on a saturday. Then, later that night, I get hit with 2 overdraft fees, because they are trying to tell me that both the $70 first, then the $3 came out on the 29th. Ummmm, I checked the day of the 30th and I was still in the positive. So did time elude me? And this all being on a saturday, they told me stuff doesn't really go through on weekends, so it really should have been monday that everything got screwed up. But fees will sure hit any day of the week...

Of course after going into the bank, they are sticking to their guns, saying that their systems shows them coming out the 29th. Of course it shows that, it's a program that was written to maximize fees, so it moves transactions around to do so. Then they tried to tell me to keep a ledger. How the hell am I supposed to keep track of my money when I am only paid every 2 weeks and they are moving transactions around to maximize profits? Basically, a ledger will do no good if they move a transaction to before my deposits. Of course there won't be money in the account to cover a transaction even after the deposit is made, not if they move credits and debits around. This kind of practice is to keep the people that ride the edge, having a few bucks in their account before payday, racking up fees to add to the 38 BILLION dollar industry of fees that banks collect each year. Makes me sick. Basically I told my ### of a branch manager to screw herself and send it to collections because I am not putting another penny in that account. Now its over 100 bucks in the negative, when it should be positive 33 bucks. They feel like I owe them! They owe me! Im gonna try to write a letter or call the CEO's office, I heard bank of america customers having luch with that.

and last, im gonna let them close my account and i will get one with a local credit union, or just use wal-marts visa card. $3. Can't go wrong with that. A bank fee is 10x that amount... and it's covered if its lost or stolen. Why even have a bank?

• Lo
                    lolt Apr 09, 2010

I just recently had my first complaint with PNC. A two party check that was suppose to come to me for the services I provided was sent to the other party listed on the check and they deposited it without any endorsement from them nor I and PNC deposited it. That is bull that they deposisted it without checking or just not caring. Now I have to go after the other party to try and get my money.

PNC Bank — overdraft fee's

This email that I sent to the PNC Bank website explains it all. I can only hope that this helps avoid the...

PNC Queen Village Area, Phila PA — unprofessional and half a$ work when closing loan

Do not, I repeat, do not go to the pnc bank in queens village area if you want to close an auto loan. The...

PNC Bankovercharge

Pnc is pulling the money out of my account for pending transactions that have not been posted yet. I am going to go several hundred dollars overdrawn due to what seems to be a very illegal practice.
                  I understand there is a class action lawsuit about this as well.

• Ro
                      RonPaul2012 Aug 20, 2009

MD FITZ. when will u stpo whining like a little kid for your own mistakes and take action and stop blaming others, how stupid do u have to b not to understand when you spend 100 dollars in your account, if its pending it does not mean u didnt spend it, it means that the 100 dollar is being jkept by the merchant to where u made the transaction. dont be stupid and come here and blame others for ur stupidness please. simple as this, u have 1oo dollars in your account u go spend 80 somewhere. that leaves you with 20 dollars available in your account, now maybe that merchant will not present a receipt to the bank so the bank will hold the 80 dollars u spent in pending, so u dont respend the 80 again, and it will tell you that u dont have 100 available, now if you go spent another 50 or take 50 from atm, sure you are going to get a fee for that, because you dont have that money in your acc, stupid, take a math class. and read about banking before u open an account, and read the [censored] accoutn agreement ...

PNC Bankterrible experience

Today I began to close my PNC accounts, and to end my business relationship with them.

Over three weeks ago I went into my local branch to deposit two checks. These checks were in Canadian dollars, and written on a Canadian bank.

Firstly, I was asked for my driver's license for identification - to make a DEPOSIT! (I have been an account holder with this branch of PNC since they acquired it from another bank years ago!) I was then left at the counter for at least 10 minutes while the teller dissappeared. (Again - this is for s DEPOSIT!) I did not ask for any cash, just to deposit the checks to my account. For my record of this transaction, I was given a hand-written scrap of paper that did not even have a date written on it.

Over three full weeks later, I have no funds from these checks. (I am originally from Canada, and often cash checks on Canadian banks. It usually takes 5-7 days.) The branch manager made a call and informed me that they are "waiting to see if there are enough funds to cover the checks". (Note that I have called the payors of the check, and the funds were withdrawn from their accounts almost TWO WEEKS AGO!) The branch manager now informs me that it may take up to SIX WEEKS to get my funds! These were not checks for some weird Eastern Bloc country, but for CANADA. I could have walked from Maryland to Canada, cashed the checks, and walked back to Maryland in the time that has elapsed. (Note that the PNC Bank website boasts about their international banking expertise and services.)

In addition to the ridiculous hold time on these checks, and what I consider to be an outright lie about the status of the processing, the local branch manager evidenced a complete lack of interest in my issue. While it would probably not be possible for a branch manager to expedite the corporate processing of these checks, I do believe there are actions a local manager could take to alleviate the issue. While courteous at all times, this manager indicated he was not willing to take any additional action, even though my business was at stake.

I did not choose to be a PNC Bank customer, but accounts I held at two other banks, as well as my house mortgage, are now with PNC due to PNC acquisitions. While I immediately closed one account, I was told I must keep my other account open until these checks (eventually?) clear. Then I am done with PNC Bank. Good Riddance.

• Ba
                        Barnack Leica Aug 17, 2011

id have closed my accounts near the end of the busines day and told them to give me all the money in cash as yo charge a fee for checks. then, if the money is a large sum, sit there and count it out with you losing count several times as you went through the stack of bills. Even unbanding any bundles of bills that show how much is in each stack. I got ticked at a bank years ago and closed an account right before closing to the ammount of 78, 000.00. the bank said they may not have that much cash and i said i didnt care since i knew they were requried to have much more than that in vault cash as per banking regulations. So, after about an hour post closing time and watching the branch manager and head teller getting really really ticked off to my satisfaction i left.

They also expressed concerns about my leaving with that much cash and i lifted my shirt to show them "mr baretta" and they went ballistic saying that guns were not permitted in banks and i snapped and showed hem both my ccw permit and also my law enforcement badge as i was at that time a federal officer with the nationa park service. I told them to be my guest and call the cops but remember those of us in law enforcement stick together

National City Mortgagefraudulent credit reporting

I had a mortgage with them and I sold my home but National city shows my balance as zero however in the terms area it continues to report that I am 120days or more late on a loan with a zero balance. I have called and called and called to no result. I have mailed letters. I just dont know how to get this resolved. If anyone has any advice please let me know. So Frustrated.

PNC Bankrip offs galore

1- Charged more than $100 in fees claiming my account was overdrawn by a PENDING debit (that never came through).

2- Took money from my account to pay a loan WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.

3- Holds up deductions and reorders them trying to make checks (as many as possible) bounce.

4- Claims funds are available when you call telephone banking, but then later claims that the funds were not really available.

5 - Charges double and triple fees on a bounced check. One fee for being overlimit, one for returning the check, and then more fees if you don't cover the difference immediately.

I have filed two complaints with the OCC. Please everyone ripped off by PNC file complaints with the OCC!!!

• PNC Bank LOVE$ to screw their clients. After 30 years of banking with them (they purchased my previous bank) I've decided I have had enough. We are in a recession and people are going through tough times. Compiled with the business practices of PNC it can really hurt a struggling family trying to make it in today's times. Here's how their little blood sucking of their CUSTOMER$ works...They let items sit for days in pending status but already take the money out of your account, ~ YET STILL PENDING and then just like a vulture on the day you might be as little as $2.12 negative, they will let your pending transactions that have been sitting for 1-5 days hit your account ~ then wham they have NSF charges of $38 a POP! When you call to discuss with them an overtone of a snicker comes out (PNC Hikes Point - Louisville, KY) and they tell you..."You shouldn't have written that check if you didn't have the money". Even though you have an automatic deposit from your company getting ready to hit your account at midnight, they will conveniently let a transaction come in about 11:45 p.m. right before your weekly automated deposit hits and then for 15 minutes you were overdrawn so let’s charge our customer $38 for each one, could be as little as $2.00 they’ve been sitting on! This is just one more creative way for PNC Bank to stick it to their beloved clients! Good luck screwing your clients PNC ~ the old adage "What Goes Around Comes Around" will surely catch up with you!

Thank you for your business!

Kelly

• Br
                            BryanM87 Sep 24, 2009

all banks in america share the same practices. Also it does not matter that you have a direct deposit coming in at midnight, the fact is you DID spend money that was not in your account - and thats illegal. In addition all those fees and practices of PNC (and every other bank) are listed in your customer agreement when you sign up for an account, so if you didnt read the agreement thats your problem. They have every right to charge 36 dollars per item, you are essentially taking out a micro-loan from the bank every time you overdraft, with no prior consent from the bank itself. Learn economics before you blather on.

• Gd
                            G D Jul 29, 2011

Bryan, They are making things bounce that should not!!! Get a clue.

PNCgary gottesfeld

Gary is supposed to be a Mortgage "Professional". He claims that he has never written so many mortgages in his career, as he has in the last two months. My opinion is that every client should be treated equally, especially first time home buyers. Gary screwed around, made multiple errors, and has caused hardships, all because he either A. Does Not Care, B. Is Completely Incompetent, or C. Does Not Perform Well Under Pressure. Unfortunately for people looking to buy a home, any one of these horrible characteristics that Gary possesses is enough to keep your mortgage from going through. Maybe Gary should get into another line of work, like Basket Weaving or Crocheting, which does have such difficult time demands, and where mistakes can be made without serious repercussions. If Gary concentrated half as hard on writing mortgages, as he does making sure that fancy bow tie is just right, he would not be receiving complaints on this site, everyday, for the next 6-8 weeks.
                          Cheers Gary, you are one of kind!

Pnc Mortgage - Gary Gottesfeld — pnc mortgage

Gary is the absolute worst human being to walk the face of this earth. He is supposed to help get you...

Berwyn