PNC Financial Services Group Logo

PNC Financial Services Group

Having problems with PNC Financial Services Group?

+1 888 762 2265 (Customer Service)
+1 800 352 2255 (Virtual Wallet)
+1 800 558 8472 (Personal Credit Card)
+1 800 822 5626 (Mortgage)
+1 877 287 2654 (Business Banking Accounts)
+1 800 474 2101 (Business Credit Card)
+1 800 622 7086 (Investments Accounts)
+1 866 465 2762 (Spanish Language)
+1 800 531 1648 (TDD Terminal)
One PNC Plaza 249 Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

PNC Mortgageerroneous letter of default

I received a letter dated 6/9/11, that stated my mortgage loan was past due and "in default". The letter was clearly in error as I had paid my monthly payments through November, 2011, and had begun to pay $1000 per month in additional principal payment.
When I called the number provided in the letter, I was served by "Chawentta" (first name) who would not provide her last name. She was abrupt and rude and made no effort to listen to why I was calling. She did remark that it appears my loan is current, and when I asked that I receive a letter refuting the correspondence they sent dated 6/9/11, she said she could not do that. I attempted to say that I was fearful that the litnany of errors by mortgage compay's that I read about frightens me, and I'd simply like a written response that the letter I received was in error and PNC's record have been corrected. She again refused. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she asked why? I stated that I'd like to make my request to someone who may have the authority to honor it. She then put me on hold (silence--no music) for an inordinant amount of time when I finally hung up, completely frustrated. I then attempted to find out who oversees PNC mortgage company--this is not easy, although Joseph Guyaux is the President of PNC Bank (the holding co) and has responsibility over PNC mortgage. I'll now attempt to reach him...

PNC Bankbad customer service

Called PNC bank at the local branch in Newark NJ to get some help about my account, did not want to go into the bank because the 888# indicated that if I called the bank they could help me over the phone. When I called the young lady was unprofessional and could not help me and to even make matter worse she hung the phone up on me. I was so angry, I called back because I could not believe she hung up on me and can she started talking loud and being really unprofessional again. I was so angry that I indicated that I would be right there to the branch, I only work 2 minutes away. I went into the bank and guess what the staff was taking pictures with the security guard in the front and no one stated can I help you. I did eventually speak to the manager but at this point I was too upset and at a real disbelief of everything that had just accured. What happened to the days when people valued their jobs and gave great customer service. Those days are long gone. PNC Bank needs to better screen there staff because it's bad for business.

• Pl
        Plhgg Nov 09, 2010

I had two certificates of deposit with National City bank, totaling a little more than $50, 000, due to mature Sept. 20, 2011; I also had a tiny checking account that I had allowed to go inactive. In the fall of 2009, National City seems to have declared the CDs as part of the inactive account and sent the amount to the unclaimed property department where I live. There has never been a point when I could not be reached, so there was no reason to consider the accounts as unclaimed property, but no one at PNC is willing to take responsibility for the actions of the bank they took over. They found a way to avoid paying two years of interest on the CDs that were not supposed to mature until Sept. 2011.

• Ba
        BankerKY Sep 19, 2012

What I find interesting is that PNC doesn't monitor this site. I work for a competitor bank and I monitor these boards often. The bank I work for seems to want to listen to the customers or at least give them a way to communicate their issues directly to the bank. Of all the complaints for PNC on here, I have yet to see a reply to them through here in an attempt to let the customer know they are listening.

PNC Merchant Services — overcharges, added on cahrges and ripoffs

Sign you to a 3 year contract at very low rates and then start adding, monthly and yearly charges so that you...

PNC Bankbuying foreclosure nightmare

I am writing to share my over 4 month ordeal with pnc bank, trying to purchase a foreclosed home, with no end in sight. And this is for a straight no-financing, cash purchase. I could write 10 pages about the terrible service i've gotten from them - and I am the one trying to give them my money! (over 6 figures, in cash.) very short version of the story - pnc has a number of bank-owned foreclosed homes in sw florida. I was looking for a house recently, found one I liked. Saw that it was a pnc foreclosure, did not give off any warning bells, read on here that they have terrible customer service but I naively thought this would not apply to me.

The offer was accepted quite rapidly (after counter-offers), then began the waiting and complete lack of communication, information, or updates. After waiting approx. 2 months with no updates able to be provided by my realtor, I contacted pnc directly and was brusquely forwarded by pnc to the 3-rd party company servicing foreclosures. Will not name them here - yet - because I believe the root of all the problems lies with pnc.

Was told at the 2-month mark that pnc's legal department (which, by the way, is completely unreachable and lists no phone, address, or email on any site - spent hours looking) was still reviewing the foreclosure documents and this was taking a long time, as they had to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb due to the problems with foreclosures being done improperly and 'robo-signed' in fla during '08 and '09 primarily. Ok, I thought, I will be patient. Meanwhile, more weeks go by, turning into months, now at the 3 month mark (remember, this is not a short sale, but a bank-owned home with a straight cash purchase) and still able to get no update on when, or even if, the docs would be ok'd by pnc's mysterious and unreachable 'legal department'. At this point, major life plans for the year need to be changed (flights, seasonal working schedules, etc.) at a pretty huge expense. Lucky I have another home available to me to live in while waiting - imagine if this was a situation where a family sold their previous home, relying on the normal situation that they could close on their next home in a reasonable period of time. They'd be homeless for 4 months (and counting).

Finally - 3 months after the offer was accepted, news that that mystery legal team finally ok'd the docs and we could go into inspection/contract phase. Thank god, I think, my trials are over and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This brings into play a 3rd company that is involved in the transaction, the title company (also to be unnamed as of now, as they have at least tried to be helpful). Inspections done quickly, addendums all signed, now I think it's just a matter of a week, two tops, before the house is mine. Wrong! Remember, this is pnc we are dealing with! As past customers here have attested, it could never go that smoothly with them.

Waiting, waiting, waiting, no communication from pnc, the foreclosure service co., the title company, and the realtor says they've sent emails to pnc with no updates on closing. Then, I learned from the title company that they are waiting on one doc in particular - the deed, which had never been changed from fannie mae's name to pnc! That's right, the house that pnc was/is selling is still, according to the deed, is owned by fannie mae! So technically it's not even theirs! How cool is that?!?! Oh, but it gets better.

Was told by nice guy at the title company that pnc informed them they put thru for a change of deed at my county clerk's office around the time inspections were done (at the 3-month mark). Hmm, strange, I think, as I know that things are not busy at all there, and this should not take so long. And after talking to those in the know, I learned this should take 1 week maximum. So finally I searched the county records today, found all records for the home (since it was built) and all records for pnc the past year and - can you guess it - there has never been any record put through to change the deed to pnc's name! That's right, pnc lied when they said they put the deed thru a month ago, the document has never been filed. And in the meantime, I have been waiting patiently and naively, like an idiot, believing what I was told by pnc and the foreclosure servicing company.

I have waited because I really like the home, and it was sold at a fair price due to it being bank-owned and needing some repair work. But in the meantime I have foregone a number of other homes that would have been good options also, and sat and waited and planned, measured, planned more, and waited more - now coming up on 4 months - for these idiots who could care less if they get this asset off their books or not, and care even less than that how they treat a potential customer waiting to give them tens of thousands of dollars.

I will update this report if there is a 'happy' ending, but even if the closing happened in the next few days, the experience so far with pnc has caused an incredible amount of stress, problems, and aggravation. I can totally relate to the other stories here, and I strongly urge anyone considering purchasing a pnc-owned home to consider my experience and ask yourself if you are willing to potentially go thru the same to buy that dream foreclosure.

• So
          sotajoe Jun 07, 2011

Going through a similar problem with PNC in Minnesota and thinking about contacting the Attorney General or a real estate attorney.

• Ga
          GatorFanFL Jun 17, 2011

Going through the same thing here in South Florida. Over three months, and still waiting on PNC to quit claim the deed so we can close on our house. Have you made any progress since your last post?

• Je
          Jess 84 Jan 06, 2012

My husband and I are going through the same type of problem. We have been living in a house full of packed boxes for almost a month now with no end in sight! Our "closing date" is a JOKE and keeps getting pushed further and further back. Phil Humble is the pain in the ### person we are dealing with and I would not recommend him or this financial institution to anyone!!!

• Ra
          ray ventura Jan 31, 2020

cant get any info from pnc bank always sent to company's that charge money and do not have any answers . called pnc 3 times and now the phone number never answer local office give me advice to call mortgage departments...very long time customer if the bank but wandering why

PNC Bank — loan modification

I am an owner that is trying to do a loan modification for the last 2 years I call the bank every week most...

PNC Bank — arbitrary closing of account

I entered the bank with cash for a deposit with the understanding I would be opening one of their "Foundation...

PNC Bank — overdraft fees

I opened a joint account with my son so he would have use of an ATM account while in college. We chose PNC...

PNC Bankstay away

Pnc bank charges overdrafts on (pending transactions) its a scam. Thet should only be allowed to charge a overdraft to posted transactions. They also hold the pending transaction longer so you will overdraft more think you have the money in your acct. They also make sure they take the biggest transaction first so you overdraft all of the smaller ones, it is out of sequence. So if you spent for example $20 on 7 debits cigs, pop, asprin ETC and then you see you don't have the money to cover the expence and put the money in the bank before they(post) to yur acct. they will charge your acct $255 on twenty dollars worth of pending transaction not posted transaction, , , , what a bunch of crooks

• Ad
            Addie Jan 03, 2011

Even though this Administration has begun a program entitled Making Home Affordable to help people modify their current mortgages and avoid foreclosures, individual banks are placing their own restrictions and requirements to qualify for this program so that most people are told they do not qualify. PNC Bank has done this to me and through their machinations and manipulations not only did not help me reduce my interest rate or monthly payments but instead actually INCREASED my monthly payment $300 per month. Anybody else have problems of this nature? And does anyone know how to qualify for this Making Home Affordable program or qualify for a bank loan modification?

• Je
            jerry schoonover Nov 06, 2011

pnc as far as i am concern is a rip off bank.they started charging me a service fee on my account and never told me it was going to happen.when i question them about it.they came up with every excuse they could except the truth.they could careless about there customers.

slpsms111 Dec 05, 2011

I actually agree with Mellen...granted, the bank is inept on most every other level and there are reasons aplenty to stay a good country mile away from PNC, but balancing an account and avoiding overdraft fees should be obligatory. Granted, there are a few banks that queue transactions in a manner to maximize penalties and PNC is among those, but you really have to make sure that you have enough to cover all pending transactions, even those they are holding for 10 days in order to avoid penalties. That one goes on the consumer. PNC is certainly the worst bank I have encountered in 25+ years, without question, but ineptitude on their part shouldn't excuse one from maintaining an accurate account ledger. Yes, some banks will charge you overdraft fees, although a few (Huntington, for one) allow a grace period to cover overdraft charges and many don't utilize the same penalty maximization algorithm, but you can't use this as an excuse for firing a bank, especially when there are so many other legitimate reasons to avoid PNC for anything more than the most simple checking account.

slpsms111 Dec 05, 2011

...as an aside, I like the "read the disclosures...they will tell you they hold the smallest to largest transactions". That is good stuff. Again, correct in that people have to be responsible in maintaining an accurate account ledger, but that statement alone speaks volumes as to the practices of the bank and one should easily infer that their strategy is one of maximizing penalties and less to providing customer-oriented service. I agree, read your disclosures and THEN find another banking option.

PNC Bank — health savings account (hsa)

I had a health savings account (HSA) at National City, when in the fall of 2009, as a result of the "merger"...

PNC Mortgagebad service

If you have ever had to deal with PNC you will know what I'm talking about. They lose your papers, they transfer you from department to department and then say I don't know - be patient. This has been going on since 9/2009. I have spoken to so many different representatives and you are lucky if they speak English or even know what is going on. I'm not the only one. Do Not get your mortgage loans there. You will never close!!! Today I called just to ask a question since I finally got my modification papers. This rep tells me she doesn't see the status and I'm in foreclosure. I told her I'm holding the papers right now and she told me she doesn't know anything. This is their loss mitigation department. I just spoke with a couple who have been trying to purchase a home since August and PNC keeps losing their papers. I have spoken to others who will no longer do business with them because they keep losing their papers. Do you see a pattern here? Go to a small bank - don't give this idiots your hard earned money

PNC Bankfraud department

My husband and I had used a PNC credit card for our business. His business partner proceeded to steal nearly 7k on the credit card after we had started the process of going out of business. In an attempt to apprehend her and comply with the police we proceeded to file disputes against the card and cancel it. After we asked to obtain the infromation of what was charged to the account. We asked first on 12/29/2010, again on: 01/01/2011, 01/10/2011, 02/14/2011, 03/10/2011 for the statements. Each time they gave us the run around refusing to tell us what we were paying for since you can't milk blood out of a turnip! They have not sent us one statement with the charges only bill requesting " minimum payments" and asking for immediate payback though we've called to dispute charges. At one point they tried to CHARGE US $45 to get the statements. We refused!! PNC is a dirty business and I urge no one to go to take loans, credit cards, or even have a banking account with PNC! We are business owners trying to find justice for someone stealing money and we can't even prosecute until we get the statements to show evidence of our claims!

• Zs
                Z. Sioson Aug 06, 2013

We are almost in the same situation except that we do not have an account with PNC Bank. $33, 936.93 were taken from our account from Wells Fargo to PNC Bank through online payment. We discovered it a month later so Wells Fargo contacted PNC Bank and PNC said that it was too late for anything. We were trying to get all the detailed information of the transaction from PNC but we cannot even get through to any department that can help us. We tried to get the information from Wells Fargo but they also cannot get any information. We felt so bad that Wells Fargo cannot protect us. We will never recommend this bank to anybody. We have no other way but to get the information ourselves so we can seek legal counsel. We will be very grateful if anybody can help us get back this funds. The company needed this funds to survive a bit longer.

PNC Mortgagelied about flood insurance

Soon after I applied for a refinance mortgage at PNC bank, the national office informed me that I am in a flood zone and must have flood insurance. I then provided proof from our local government department that our house is not in a flood zone.
              Soon after that “RRamirez” of PNC sent a PNC memo to Edith Wrona saying that because I provided such proof, it was OK to not require flood insurance. Edith Wrona then forwarded that memo to my local PNC mortgage agent who then forwarded it to me.
              But I continued to receive generic “You must have flood insurance” form letters from PNC.
              So in late January I called the PNC mortgage customer service line, and the woman there confirmed that her computer said “Flood insurance *not* required” and she said that I should just ignore the automatically generated form letters demanding flood insurance.
              I then had a $500 elevation survey done by a licensed surveyor to confirm that my house is 1.3 feet above the flood level.
              For 5 weeks after January 25th, I emailed Edith Wrona asking for a PNC letter confirming the PNC email that flood insurance would not be required, but she never responded to any of my emails.
              Our local PNC agent said that he did not know why the national office was not responding to any of my emails.
              Finally, on February 24th, I called the national PNC and asked to speak to a supervisor.
              PNC national mortgage supervisor Brandi Coyner returned my call and said “Since January 25th, we have repeatedly informed you that the January 25th email was a mistake, we have repeatedly told you that that decision has been reversed, we have repeatedly apologized to you for that mistake, and you are in a flood zone no matter what the Louisville government officials and the surveyor say.”
              I then told her that nobody had ever informed me of any such thing, since Edith Wrona had never contacted me after January 25th, and our local PNC agent had repeatedly said that he didn’t know why the PNC national office was being silent for 5 weeks. And I informed her that I am a retired church pastor who will swear on the Bible that I am telling the truth about the matter.
              PNC supervisor Brandi Coyne then *angrily* *yelled* into the telephone that she had the “proof” right there in front of her that I had been repeatedly informed that the January 25th email was a “mistake” that had been reversed.
              I finally got so tired of her angrily yelling lies at me that I had to hang up on her.
              I have now applied for a refinance mortgage at Republic Bank for half the closing costs demanded by PNC.

PNC Bankdenial of loan for no good reason

Went for HELOC loan. Am a doctor, hi FICO score, own home, no credit card debt, and am over 55 yrs old. They asked for a ridiculous amount of info beyond what is normal. Since they couldnt find any obvious reason for denial, they started to look at my practice. I am not self employed but own the building the practice in in. Building is being leased (over 20 years) and has equity. No overdue rent or taxes. In their great wisdom the loan officers at PNC decided that I could not afford to pay the mortgage on the building and the home equity loan from my salary - dahhhh, , , , that is why it is rented!!! Maybe if I made the money that a PNC executive makes it wouldnt be a problem!! It never occurred to these third grade bank idiots that all you need to do is sell the building or get another lessee!!! I feel as though they discriminated against me due to my age although I cannot prove it.

hazeldunkel Mar 19, 2011

PNC is rediculous any way you look at them.

hazeldunkel Mar 19, 2011

Back in 1999 they denied us an auto loan. We both had 720 Credit Score. We went to the dealership and got 0% interest with GMAC.

slpsms111 Apr 09, 2011

@Mellen...no, it is not a "right" and a loan is not "owed". In fact, upon re-reading the post, at no point is it implied a right was denied. Rather, a complaint regarding a specific loan practice in this instance that is not congruent with typical banking standards, at least from the perception of the poster. If what he or she is stating is legitimate, seems the post and the complaint is legitimate as well. I, too, am a physician with an outstanding credit history and I have not experienced a similar problem with PNC. And, yes, the best approach for the poster would be to ask for the denial letter and review the reason(s) for the denial. That being typed, my complaints with PNC are far more broad and related more to lack of communication, poor customer service, and general incompetence as opposed to specific lending practices. I know that a lot of people have had problems in the past with overdraft policies and charge posting(s) in a manner that maximizes overdraft charges, but again, that has not been a problem with me. Just simply a bad bank all the way around in my estimation but the reasons have nothing to do with financial policies. Generally, if you do your homework and check out Forbes, banking review sites, etc., you will avoid these problems because you will avoid PNC like the plague! As noted, however, even though a "right" hasn't been violated, another PNC inconsistency has been addressed and if that helps even steer one individual away from PNC, then God bless "notahappycamperinNJ"!!! Lastly, more as an aside...the word "irregardless" does not exist. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve. I have always found its usage a bit backwards.

slpsms111 Apr 10, 2011

No problem.

slpsms111 Dec 05, 2011

And, no, I have never even come close to overdraft...hard to do when earnings exceed $300K per annum. But do even the most basic research on the bank...that is one recurrent theme. And you are correct on one count...being a doctor does not make one a financial wiz (although I would argue that in most cases they far exceed the general public in that vane) but it does make them among the absolute safest bets for loans, even those that would never float for the average consumer. It just is what it is. Usually have assistants? I almost blew my drink out my nose when I read that. Good stuff. Funny.

PNC Class Action Lawsuit? — escrow shortage payment paid to 3rd party fees (??!) & enrolled in hamp without my consent

I can't find an attorney that can/will help me. Not sure if it's because it's "small...

PNC Mortgageinaccuracies and lies for loan mod

I have tried many avenues to save my home from foreclosure. I have been told many contradicting pieces of information. I have been told one thing all to find out later that it wasn't accurate. This has all taken place between PNC and Northwest trustee. The very frustrating part is they wait until right before the auction date to tell me in hopes (my opinion) that I will be forced in to foreclosure. I am a 14+ year Realtor that has continued success, largely through auction homes, and understands the process. I also have a lot of knowledge and insight through working with clients through shortsales, loan mods and purchasing at auctions. Through this I have determined this is a very unfair process. The people, like me, who tried to do things the right way and want to stay but have equity, are left with little options. I can’t do a shortsale because I’m not short. Why can’t I have the right to sell my house? I have been forced in to filing BK 2 times for very obvious reasons which can be explained and followed for accuracy. Now I have another date coming up next Friday...supposedly the investor (Freddie Mac) still hasn't called back...ya right! I get the sense once again that they will deliver the bad news “can't help" call just days if not minutes before the date. They cannot seem to get my address correct which has lead to further unfairness. I had a loan mod and was happy with it, not late on payments and received a phone call from a PNC rep urging me to take advantage of the "Obama plan". I was 2 weeks paid in advance on my mortgage at the time. I knew all the questions to ask and she assured me I would not end up back on the foreclosure list. Little did I know it would take months for them to deny me and after my forbearance period they would not accept any payments. It began to pile up and become unmanageable. I had also been saving my payments in hope to catch up but had no idea the trustee fees would be so steep. I have asked many times for fee breakdowns and to speak with supervisors. I have had very little success until recently. This is consistent with a fast approaching foreclosure date. They denied me on the "Obama plan" because I was one day late sending further requested info. However, they sent it to the wrong address, no one cared. Also keep in mind I was calling several times asking for updates, why could this info. not be related to me via one of my phone calls? PNC told me once denied I could never apply again. So I applied to the loss mitigation Dept. at PNC (I later just found out this week that is not true). Then PNC denied me for not enough income, which was almost the same amount as the first loan mod I was approved for). As our new business was in the works of getting licensed and making us money, I was able to reapply. Then they said I make too much. So then we tried another way and I was told that nothing had changed in my hardship since my first loan mod so it wouldn't be approved by my Investor. However I had told Amber, the one that called me from PNC that nothing had changed. Then I mentioned some things that may be considered a change. At this point they are convinced not to help me. No matter what I say, they have a reason that my Investor won't approve it. However, I was told before they said "no" that I was financially eligible for a loan mod. I have taken many notes along the way. I would love for the phone records to be obtained through a legal foundation. I think all would be surprised with the inaccuracies along the way. I plan on contacting the attorneys General next (done). I will also contact Ann Rivers with Legislature and the HAMP website. I will not let this rest as I have been treated very differently from someone that has no equity in their home. I want to stay but have even concluded that I would move in order to not be foreclosed on. They will not even give me the option to sell, I guess because I don't need a shortsale. Please help me save my home. I can afford it but cannot catch up on my arrears. I have now sent several requests for help with little response. If I lose my house I will make it my mission to advocate against everything you and your affiliates have anything to do with. I might just be one person but as we see in the news lately, “take-overs” can occur. The internet will be a great place to start I’m sure. I may not be heard now but it is only a matter of time before “Corporate America” is taken down by the people! I used to love this country. It has become so corrupt that I’m not sure I can say that anymore. No one takes accountability for all the inaccuracies and illegal activities that are occurring. Everyone seems to hide behind the next guy, higher up! When will this end? I have been begging to make my payments for months. Obviously the goal, for the banks, is to get my house back! You all say one thing but clearly your actions say another, much louder! I am ready to fight when America is! Just waiting!!
                  I want everyone to answer this question: How do I get a copy of all my records and recordings at PNC and NW trustees? Do I need to hire an attorney? I am not going away.
                  Dedicated to helping others even if no one will help me,
                  Loan number [protected] (That’s all we are anymore is a number, no name needed!)

• Gt
                      gtrr10 in Denver Dec 04, 2011

I knew that I would find someone going through what we went through in Denver. Co. We had been going through a loan modification after having to close our construction co down because of the economic crisis. After applying through several loan mods and being denied several times and having a foreclosure sale date pending. I hired a loan modification co that assured me after paying them $1700 they would get the loan mod approved. The loan mod was not being approved. Then I was referred to an attorney that said I needed to file a bankruptcy. We then filed a chapter 7 BK and stopped the foreclosure temporarily. the attorney assured me that we would be able to modified our loan, but guess what the loan mod was denied 1 day prior to the foreclosure sale date. and PNC stated that they never received a reaffirmation agreement. from the attorney even though she had sent it, and through several emails and phone confirmations someone at PNC (CSA) stated that they (PNC)had definitely dropped the ball!!! Well that was too late. My home was sold in foreclosure auction the next day. It has been2 months ago and am still livid. I want a class action lawsuit, that's the only way to get PNC to stop bulldozing through the foreclosures! The know that all the loans that they service are backed by an investor, either FHA, Freddie Mac, or Fannie Mae. PNC will be reimbursed any way. Let me know what happens in your case. best of luck.

• Ve
                      Vern7972 Mar 06, 2012

I am in the same exact situation GTRR10. We need to get somebody on our side and start a class action. Mine is taking place right now in Georgia. As well, I am absolutely livid. I've done everything by the letter, and they refuse to work with me or attorney. Let me know if you find any class actions we can sign up for.

• Em
                      Emile Lapointe Apr 16, 2012

My situation in Grand Rapids, MI is any different than all of you.I strongly believe that PNC does show more interests in trying to foreclose on people property if I can rely on my own experience dealing with them for the past 4 months than trying to reach a kind of deal which could help certain homeowners.I have sent so many paper works which were never right or enough until I was told that my home was referred to foreclosure.It seems to me that NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE OTHER ONE IS DOING in PNC mortgage.My account is paid until march now and I am requesting a payment plan to finish bringing my account up to date but guess what? I am referred to an attorney who represents PNC.I am still waiting to hear from the lawyer's office.Good luck to all of you.As far as I am concerned, if I were to use a bank in the future, it would not be PNC.

PNC Mortgageincorrect 1099

I received a 1099-Misc income statement that overstates income more than $44, 500 for restoration of their clients storm damaged home. I have sent certified letters asking for correction, made numerous phone calls. I have gotten nowhere near the "right department". I am reluctant to file an incorrect 1099 form w/ the IRS because it always leads to costly and inconvenient audits. My understanding is that this is quite a common problem. I'd like to hear from any other contractors that have experienced the same. mr.[protected]@gmail.com

PNC Bankpnc mortgage lied

Soon after that "RRamirez" of PNC sent a PNC memo to Edith Wrona saying that because I provided such proof, it was OK to not require flood insurance. Edith Wrona then forwarded that memo to my local PNC mortgage agent who then forwarded it to me.
                      But I continued to receive generic "You must have flood insurance" form letters from PNC.
                      So in late January I called the PNC mortgage customer service line, and the woman there confirmed that her computer said "Flood insurance *not* required" and she said that I should just ignore the automatically generated form letters demanding flood insurance.
                      PNC national mortgage supervisor Brandi Coyner returned my call and said "Since January 25th, we have repeatedly informed you that the January 25th email was a mistake, we have repeatedly told you that that decision has been reversed, we have repeatedly apologized to you for that mistake, and you are in a flood zone no matter what the Louisville government officials and the surveyor say."
                      I then told her that nobody had ever informed me of any such thing, since Edith Wrona had never contacted me after January 25th, and our local PNC agent had repeatedly said that he didn't know why the PNC national office was being silent for 5 weeks. And I informed her that I am a retired church pastor who will swear on the Bible that I am telling the truth about the matter.
                      PNC supervisor Brandi Coyne then *angrily* *yelled* into the telephone that she had the "proof" right there in front of her that I had been repeatedly informed that the January 25th email was a "mistake" that had been reversed.
                      signed, Morris

• Mo
                          MorrisO Feb 28, 2011

I lost $400 due to the deceiptful practices of PNC as I outlined above.
                          PNC had me pay $400 for an appraisal, so I assumed that I owned the appraisal because I paid for it.
                          But it turns out that the appraiser considered PNC to be his employer, so the appraisal allegedly belongs to PNC instead of belonging to me, so I am not allowed to take that appraisal to another bank.
                          So now at Republic I must pay another $300 for an appraisal, although I had a $400 appraisal done at PNC just 6 weeks ago.
                          signed, Morris

• Ca
                          Cathal Mar 03, 2011

This is the exact same situation that I am going through right now with PNC Insurance and PNC Mortgage. They are a bunch of liars and cheats and now they are screwing up my refi to get away from them by tacking $1400 for a cadillac Flood Insurance policy that i dont need either on to my mortgage. I have FEMA maps Loma's and SFHA determinations and PNC still wont accept any of it. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

PNCBank / Customer Service — someone needs to tell this asst mgr to tell the truth!

Marianna, of the McKnight Branch, has lied to me at least twice that I know of, and I feel she is NOT a good...

PNC Bankmissed a loan payment

Have a loan with pnc bank have made payments for 5 years straight forgot one it went 20 days late and they proceeded to call my place of employment threatening them and anyone who had something to do with me if i didn't pay it right away these people are nuts would never ever bank with them again. Called and asked for my work number to be removed from their call list and yet the very next day they proceeded to call again upwards of ten times in a 6 hour period. would never take a loan or put money in that bank again.

Harvey 2 Jan 29, 2014

I was 2 days late and they called me at work and home. What a bunch of crap. Do Not Use This Bank !!!

PNC Bankconflicting information, poor customer service

I had an account with National City. When it changed to PNC my life became a living hell. Someone got my debit card or account number and began taking money from my account without my permission or knowledge. PNC Bank, while they were investigating the fraud, continued to charge me exhorbitant overdraft fees totaling almost $400. And they refused to close my account because the account was in a negative balance. The negative was because of THEIR overdraft charges that they would not reverse until the fraud investigation was complete. Vicious circle. And by leaving the account open, that invited even more fraud to occur, which it did. Eventually the case was closed and my account was closed and the overdraft fees refunded. During that time, however, I had many sleepless nights. I then had to open a new account. I did this online via chat with a PNC representative who talked me into a new Virtual Wallet product that contains 3 different accounts that link together. I was talked into something I don't need and don't use. I was told the PNC points I accumulated on the old closed account would transfer over to my new account and debit card. That did not happen. Now when I try to redeem the points I earned on my old account, I am told my new debit card isn't eligible for the PNC Points program. So I have lost over 3000 points that I earned. The customer service rep lied to me. Now... it gets better. Since I opened the new Virtual Wallet account(s) online via chat, they sent me a signature form for my account. I was confused about the form because it came with no instructions. So I called PNC and was told to just sign it and send it back. The gal didn't even know what I was talking about when I explained the form and form number to her. Today, over a month after sending the signature form back, I get a letter from PNC's Asst. Vice President Ricky N. Laughlin, saying they are unable to process my application (for the new accounts) as submitted due to being unable to validate information under the Patriot Act and I should go into a branch in person to clear this up. WTF? I've had accounts with them for over a year, have several open accounts with money in them and they are telling me my application cannot be processed? I will NOT be going into a branch. In fact, I will be closing my accounts and telling all of my friends to stay far far away from PNC.