PlayerAuctionsAccount purchase / customer service complaint

C Sep 07, 2020

I had big plans to join my friends over the Labor Day weekend in the game Archeage Unchained. I immediately came to Player Auctions and attempted a purchase a game account via the new "paypal key" virtual debit card, it was declined due to the sites system. It took a day for the authorization to come off and to regain access to my funds.

Meanwhile, I saw that the site took apple pay, great cause I use apple pay daily! So I got on my phone, found an account that would allow me to play with my friends and attempted to order. The card attached to my apple pay was charged but once again Player Auctions site cancelled the transaction. Luckily the funds came right back.

So striking out two times, with legitimate payments, I started growing frustrated. I saw that another payment method was google wallet, awesome I have my paypal attached to google wallet so it would be very easy to use. Well, same thing, I was charged but Player Auctions closed transaction stating that I should use coin base for purchase.

My wife saw how frustrated I was and she went onto the site from her phone and set up an account and attempted to make the purchase. She was instantly suspended. Yikes.

I tried to find an account at a half dozen other "competitors" and had zero luck finding anything useable.

I am not a young person, I have little understanding about cryptocurrencies and how all that works. Well I got a quick crash course that's for sure. I signed up to coin base as suggested. I jumped through a lot of hoops, multiple ID checks, webcams selfies, etc. Once that was done, I had to watch a youtube video on how to use coin base.

So now I feel close to the finish line, the person I am buying from is ready to go as soon as payment clears, etc. I select account, I head to checkout, select coin base and I get a pop up that I need to send an amount to a certain address. I then go back to coin base and I do just that, use the "copy to clipboard" function so I don't screw anything up both amount and wallet address for PlayerAuctions.

Well something must have changed in the market between tasks as now I get a "underpayment" notice (see attached images) even thought I "copied to clipboard" the exact amount. Apparently it was short a few dollars. So I made a ticket, providing the information attached and asking for a refund so I could attempt again.

Hours later, Peter responds to me saying they can provide a refund or if I prefer a coupon code for the value of the transaction. I chose the coupon code because I felt it would be the fastest resolution and I still had hopes I could join my friends for labor day. Peter informed me that he has "escalated" the matter to the right team to issue the coupon.

Well, here we are on Monday (2 days later). I have asked for updates / etas on when this "coupon" would show up at least a half dozen times. I get zero responses, no acknowledgements. I haven no other option than to sit here waiting for an e-mail or a ticket response. It's frustrating.

All I wanted to do was play a game with my friends. The gatekeepers to that happening have made it nearly impossible. It's 8 AM Monday, the last day of labor day weekend. I am hoping this complain will spark some "action" so I may at least get to play today.

Player Auction Username: ccm1977

Account purchase / customer service complaint
Account purchase / customer service complaint

RESOLVED

• PlayerAuctions's response · Sep 08, 2020

Hello ccm1977,

Thank you for writing in full detail about what happened with your order. I was able to trace your concern in ticket 518963, and I can see from my end that the refund coupon was already processed. You mentioned there is still a remaining amount and rest assured, I will personally take care of that so you can use it soon.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and frustrations you experienced. Your initial payments were declined due to security reasons — please ensure your payment name bears the exact registered name on your PlayerAuctions account. This is required for anti-theft/anti-fraud policies. Please also check that your address and numbers are all up-to-date.

As for your wife's account getting blocked/suspended, I really apologize; due to security reasons, we can only allow 1 account per user/household. I'm sorry this was not communicated immediately.

I will get back to your ticket to ensure you get the remaining funds, ASAP, ccm1977. For reference, the ticket number is 518963. Thank you for extending your patience and courtesy with this, I'm very grateful for that and apologies again.

Best regards,