Menu
Live Auctioneers
reviews & complaints

Live Auctioneers
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

26 complaints
7 resolved 19 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Live Auctioneers. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:51 pm EDT

Live Auctioneers - Extreme difficulty in removing myself from Wmail list -- unsubscfribing

I have been trying for several weeks now to unsubscribe from LiveAuctioneers email list. When I've followed directions for unsubscribing, they either lead noplace or to a dead end (a page on which unsubscribing is not an option), or they fail to go through. please help me remove myself from the list. There also seems to be no LiveAuctioneers phone number for this problem.

Desired outcome: To unsubscribe from LiveAuctioneers email list

May 26, 2022 7:43 pm EDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on the name of this review, I was not able to find an account under that name. If you could reach out to us at [email protected], we would be more than happy to help you with this request.

Tony

LiveAuctioneers Bidder Support

M
4:40 pm EST

Live Auctioneers - Passing Items that have bids because not enough money

Today, I place bids on an auction from Rapid Estate Liquidators and Auction Gallery on your site. I had several bids being the winning bidder and the auction company marked the lots "PASSED". I asked the auction house why did you pass the lots. I received an e-mail stating he said he would not sell at those low prices. These auction listing were not marked an item with a reserve. I think that this is an unethical auction practice. I will think twice in bidding on one of your auctions. Thank you.

Mark H. McClendon
McClendon Antiques and Fine Art
224 West Kemp
Watertown, SD 57201
605-882-3263
[email protected]

Update by Mark H. McClendon
Jan 26, 2022 10:48 am EST

Hello, I am writing an article about your company LiveAuctioneers and the companies your company represents selling antiques. From buying $500 worth of Belleek china and getting charged $399.88 in shipping costs. Then receiving the china with about 1/3 of the items broken. Then, e-mailing the shipper and auction house without any communication. Then, buying several items at an auction house at a reasonable price with a $20 charge for shipping. I would certainly recommend this auction house/shipper! Auction houses like Rapid Estate Liquidators refusing to honor bids because the amount is NOT HIGH ENOUGH for lesser quality items and his favorite shipper sent me an estimate for one 5" tall figurine at $30.42. When I contact a UPS Store in Orlando, Florida for shipping is $13.86. I wonder which shipper I ask to ship to me? HA! HA! HA!. For being over with 40 years in the antique business; I NEVER saw such corruption in the on-line auction house business. Please e-mail. Thank you! Mark H. Mcclendon

Update by Mark H. McClendon
Jan 25, 2022 11:09 pm EST

Auction lots are 323, 179, 351, 439, 138, 427, 340 & 358. He accepted one bid for an item, because he thought I paid enough for it. Thank you. Mark

May 26, 2022 7:52 pm EDT

Hello Mark,

Sorry that we did not see your review a while back. In looking into this, it seems like you contact our support staff, but when we followed up we never got a response. If you have not been able to resolve things with the Auction Houses you mentioned, please let us know and we will be happy to work on this for you. You can reach out to [email protected] or just reply back to the email we sent you in February.

Tony

LiveAuctioneers Bidder Support

O
6:15 am EST

Live Auctioneers - Ring and Watches

I have purchased many items on liveauctioneers. When the seller is legit there is no issue. However, if a seller doesn't refund a payment or does not send anything at all Liveauctioneers will not protect the buyer at all. Multiple communications and emails and information sent and on payments of over $14000 for a fake ring I was able to recover only $7000 from the seller after two months. LiveAuctioneers would not care if the sellers don't respond, they will not stop them from selling more items and they will not help you at all. They will just say they are monitoring the situation but nothing will happen.

On another purchase of a $75000 Rolex watch LiveAuctioneers would not help at all when the seller didn't send the watch or refund my money. You can't sue liveauctionners because their policy you sign says you are bound by arbitration only. They will not help you at all.

Avoid using this site at all costs unless buying cheap garbage you don't care about losing your money. Don't use it for expensive items as you won't have any protection whatsoever in case of fraud.

If you had the same issue please file a complaint with the IC3 FBI section. Easy to do online and let's get these out providing a platform for cheaters and scammers without any responsibility. Is the only way to enforce accountability.

Avoid at all costs!

Desired outcome: Refund of my payments

G
Apr 07, 2022 7:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

How about stop buying from them and getting nothing, and just donate to me and much will be achieved...lol Just kidding. But seriously, sounds like this auction house is best left alone, or any auction site, or store for that matter, that does not protect the buyer 100% I certainly will leave it alone.

Live Auctioneers - Payment procedure

I participated and bought several jewelry items for $21, 949.00 including the buyers premium from Prestige Auction Galleries .Inc.. I got the invoice and it says pay through Pay pal.

I wanted to return few items my wife does not want for sentimental reason, that Sapphire jewellery causes bad things to us. I sent a message if I can return. He told me that once sold they cannot be returned, it is not consistent with your site info. any way I want to just pay. I tried to pay through Pay Pal and sent $5000 as a test.

Now he says he takes only upto 10, 000 by cards and now wants all the money wire transferred. This was not told nor is in their website. For that he said he told me so. If I knew I would not have participated in this auction.

Please settle this dispute. i want use my cards through pay pal as he wanted. now changed his mind.

I am not sure what will be condition of the jewellery when I receive them?

Dr. Upendranath Nimmagadda.

Desired outcome: return the items.

J
10:31 am EDT
Replied
Live Auctioneers has left an official reply on this complaint.

Live Auctioneers - Allowing a company to use their platform to sell worthless coins.

Gold Standard Auctions in Dallas Texas uses this platform to hold fake auctions, with fake bidders to run up sales on worthless coins. They list them as uncirculated and when you receive them they are cleaned and worthless. I paid $2600 for a coin that is worth $85. They continue to allow these crooks to use their platform after many people have complained about them. They are helping crooks steal innocent peoples money. Even though our paperwork shows Live Auctioneers, they say they none of our info.

Desired outcome: I want my $9984 returned and I will give them back our worthless coins.

H
9:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Over the years despite following every guideline set by your company I, my auction listing and my company has been discriminated one way or another by your staff and the way your company search engine is set. I have asked numerous times from your staff to help me fix any issues that may be with my auctions and auction listing. I have had numerous bongos and...

B
9:33 am EDT

Live Auctioneers - Gold bars

Coins Wholesale: 183968

To: Capital Treasures Ltd

Hello in November 2nd you're sent me this msg, We will send you tracking details as soon as items are shipped. Due to the auction Terms and Conditions dispatching time for winning items is 4-8 weeks after payment receiving.

Is now april 29th, and it seems you'll never would be able to fulfill this order would you please start the refund process please.

I have gotten in touch with you and LiveAuctioneers at least 4 times to follow

Desired outcome: Need a refund

R
3:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Jan 1st 2021 on Gun Auctions USA I bid and won as per email I received confirming I had won a Heritage 22 cal pistol for $210. After contacting the auction house to pay my invoice I was informed that I did not win the bid and that the gun was paid for and shipped to another bidder. When speaking to Rick who identified himself as a owner he told me...

12:22 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been a victim of cyber-bullying and stalking from one of the auctioneers on this website, and the company turned a blind eye to it. I was begging them for help for days, and I finally started to file complaints against the company. They suspended my account siting my threat of a lawsuit against the auctioneer. My jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe...

C
12:23 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have used this platform for two years with frequency. I have transacted dozens of purchases without incident. Unfortunately, I have finally encountered an auctioneer who has not acted professionally (Donny Malone) and have been unable to resolve a dispute regarding two items that were not furnished to me when I went to collect them, despite having paid...

10:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company has a culture of pro-seller and anti-consumer bias. The culture there encourages abuse of the consumer and some serious violations of consumer rights and privacy. There is a dispute process for the sellers if an invoice goes unpaid, but if one of the auction houses engages in bad behavior, the consumer is left with no recourse and is simply...

L
1:41 pm EDT

Live Auctioneers - princeton auctioneers

I have bid on many auctions live and never had a problem before. On a September Asian Sale(Aug. 31, 2019) I bid on Princeton Auctioneers Lot #0081. I successfully won the pair of Chinese Porcelain Blue and White Flower Zun Vases. Therefore, Princeton sent me an email invoice #2805175 for the following:
Item : $1400.00
Buyer's Premium : 350.00
Sub Total: 1750.00
Shipping : 30.00
TOTAL $1780.00
I sent them a check immediately, which they cashed on Sept. 11, 2019. I have not received the items. I have called repeatedly and as of now have not heard from them. If they cannot send me the items paid for, then I am requesting a full refund.
This is not the way to do business. This gives LIVE AUCTIONEERS a bad reputation,
one that I am sure you do not want.
I would appreciate any assistance you could give me in this matter.
Linda Halpert
Cell: 973-568-0247
Email: [email protected]

B
4:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased "Rare limited edition numbered bronze Dali -Dalinian", for $1, 339.45 with shipping. I am a collector of bronze figurines. It appraised for between$80-120. It is not rare, not numbered, not limited and not a Dali. The value presented on line was between $3, 150-$6300. This was a complete fraud. The misrepresentation had to be known by the auction...

N
12:07 pm EDT

Live Auctioneers - live auctioneers website

Cannot access the Live Auctioneers Web Site -- it comes on and flashes right off. It happens if I access directly from Google; from my emails, etc.
Other websites work just fine; in fact INVALUABLE comes up instead.
Have you gone out of business? You don't answer your phone, you don't return voicemail, you don't return email...Have you gone out of business?
Nina Coltrane

10:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

last eve i was fooling the auction on live auctioneers and had few items i was planning on bidding on.It seemed there were technical problems thru out the sale... when lot 1543, silver box with dog in stone 9n lid came it opened at $ 100 i sent my bid and waited and waited and nothing was happening..the next thing i know they went to following item so id...

5:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, I let a £2000 absentee bid for the lot 1382 of the 27 Spetember sale of John Nicholson auctioneers (a bronze sculpture). Apparently, my bid has not been taken into account. I have contacted John Nicholson Auctioneers and for them, the item has been sold for £1220. That is of course not acceptable. To bid is legally binding an d my bid must be...

S
2:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi I won a silver basket in online sale with Live Art TV Send a check they lost it sent a second check before it arrived the CEO emailed me to say the consignor took the item back, so it was no longer available for sale. I complained to Live Auctioneers about this, as well as that gallery running a "rigged" sale - generating phony bids to elevate prices -...

12:55 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Stopped receiving emails from LA a few weeks ago. Tried to email/ phone to get it rectified, only to find that customer service is virtually non existent. They claim to have Live Chat available from 9-5 on weekdays, but there's no way to access it. No response to emails, phone call ended at an extension that "wasn't available". When an auction is won...

3:58 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The lot price is 20 euros but the seller ask extra 60 euros hidden fees! All of them are not mentioned in the description or terms of sales. When I file a complaint to Liveauctioneers with this overcharging, they told me it's normal and lie through their teeth they could found all the information in the terms of sales! (impossible at all) They told me the...

L
6:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/48004312_genuine-tanzanite-necklace-50-cts "Vancouver Island" auction house posted a nice strand of Tanzanite beads at a starting bid of US$150 (estimate 2'500-3'500) so I went in with the starting bid, much to my surprise I was the winner and the only bidder. When I received the merchandise I was shocked it wa...

Live Auctioneers contacts