Having problems with Norton?

Norton reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review Poor Customer Technical Assistance was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint refund of annual subscription was resolved on Apr 10, 2020. Norton has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 329 reviews. Norton has resolved 219 complaints.

Norton Customer Service Contacts

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norton Customer Service. Initial Norton complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norton above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norton. Discuss the issues you have had with Norton and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Norton Complaints & Reviews

NortonI am complaining about the huge increase of price

I am a faithful user of Norton internet security. I have been automatically subscribed for the last 3 years. This year I was surprised by the huge increase of price of the same product from about $40 to about $70. Comparing the prices of the different antiviral program (comodo for example) it turned out to be $40. I wonder if there are explanations of this huge increase. Under this circumstance I will be no longer able to continue my subscription for 2018.
MY NORTON BILLING INFORMATION
Order Number: AP1209203179
Name: Karim Kerkor
Account Ending In: 5334
Total Amount: USD 69.99
Please send any info to : [protected]@hotmail.com

• Norton's response · Dec 23, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. Please remove your private information from this public post. You may contact our support over Twitter @NortonSupport. We can check this and help you further.

Nortonunethical behaviour

on 12-5-16 I called Norton Tech Support to get help with a Explorer issue. I called Norton because I have their Internet Security software and I couldn't access some security settings. The Tech looked at my computer and said there was nothing wrong with their software and told me that I needed help from Microsoft. He then proceeded to tell me that he could connect me with a certified Microsoft Tech and they would take care of my issue for $199.99. I told him no thanks and he kept after me to let "his" Tech help me and even tried to barter with me. I cancelled his session and contacted Microsoft Tech Support and they took care of my issue free of charge.
    I don't appreciate the hard sell this Tech was trying on me. If I haven't had such good results with their software I would have cancelled my subscription. Actually I am still considering it.

• Norton's response · Dec 09, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like you have contacted a third party support claiming to be us. Our technicians do not have access to connect your call to Microsoft or any other support and they will definitely will not ask you to pay for technical support. You can find our right contact details here: www.norton.com/cs

Norton Support

Nortonad being removed from site

I would like to make a complaint about the gumtree service I have received, it has been very poor indeed. I have been trying to advertise puppies for sale for the last couple weeks. when I first put the advert it was fine. it was left it on there for a few days . when I changed the date that the puppies were born as I had got this wrong in the first instance, gumtree removed my ad. I did try to put another one up and again it removed my ad. I tried with different email address and again it removed it. This has caused me a lot of time, inconvenience, personally and financially and cause untold amount of stress. I would like to know why do you keep removing my ad? I would like my ad put back on gumtree as there is absolutely no reason why it should have been taken down.

Norton Securitynuisance calls

I used to use Norton Security but cancelled at least a year ago and I now have another form of security. I have had continual calls from 'ERIC' on an 'out of area' number concerning Norton Security, I have told him on numerous occasions that I do not have and do not want Norton Security BUT STILL HE KEEPS RINGING!!!

I cannot block the number as it is an 'out of area' call - PLEASE WILL SOMEBODY STOP HIM/THEM FROM CALLING!!!

• Norton's response · Oct 25, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. Please be informed that we do not call any of our customers. It seems like a scam attempt. You can try reporting them to Better Business Bureau.

Norton - Symantec — unauthorised paypal payment

Was notified by Paypal of an automatic payment to Symantec - for Norton Antivirus. I called paypal and also...

Nortonproduct key

I decided to change my antivirus software and decided to try Norton. I bought Norton antivirus and installed it on my PC. Everything seemed fine and it was working as it should do. I was very satisfied with the product. Used it for two weeks.
          One day when I turned on my PC I saw that for some reason Norton stopped working. When I opened the program it said that I need to enter a product key. I entered the one I had but it was not suitable. I deleted Norton and installed it again and nothing.
          I sent a message to Norton company asking for help but they did not reply.

• Norton's response · Aug 30, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. Send us a direct/ private message. We can help.

Norton Support

Norton — security software has been removed and you have removed fees from my bank

Last year I paid for 1 year subscription for Norton security on my laptop, the year has past you have removed...

Norton Products / Symantec — unauthorized charge to my credit card for product I do not use

Norton charged $96.29, account transaction ap1197255184, on aug. 13, 2016. This charge was not authorized by...

Nortonservice

On case # [protected], I asked Norton to help me checking out my computer to see why since I have bought an anti virus product I no longer to get certain program. The name of the representative was "Aman" who remotes my computer. But instead to help me with what I asked him to, he worked on something else. And when he done with it, he shut down my computer and never contacted me again and he left my computer in risk of the Hackers. When I tried to complain to the administration about what had happened with "Aman", they put on on wait for 35 minutes. But no one fixed the problem. I was very upset and I had to ask them to stop my service with Norton and to refund the rest of my payment, but they only canceled my renewal.
            Please, I need your help to investigate why all that happened as I've been a customer for about three years with Norton? Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.
            Hussein H. Hussein

• Norton's response · Jul 22, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. I can see that our team called you back and disabled automatic renewal on your request. They were not able to process a refund as the order is more than 60 days old. Let us know if you need any further help.

Norton — your employee bryan morgan #687859

Today, 6/21/16, I used the internet chat for help to install a Norton antivirus product. Bryan took control...

Blandon

Nortonnorton 360

My name is Kevin Connolly when purchased in early 2013 I had bought it for 3 years. Since then my credit card expired and I got new no. In Oct. 2013. And when I did originally bought I did check box for one time only deal, I would never leave an open credit card with any company. This year 2016 they sent e mail telling me to visit their site to renew. I went to their site and saw a notice on my account saying to supply my new credit card no. . Seeing as I did not want to renew I did no t leave no.. In may of 2016 my computer had a major issue and Norton had not stopped updating my Norton scans, so I ran Norton and it cured my problem. Low and behold my next visa bill had 149. 89 charged to it from Norton. I called my visa they said they would not give my new no. Out. To this company. The only way they could have got my no is when I ran scan from Norton to find problem they also hacked my computer to get the new no. . I have tried to get info. From Norton on how they got my new number and they just dance around subject with their automation crap. The private messages I had with them are cut and pasted on my face book page. Kevin Connolly. Out of all computers in house mine was only one in may to have issues. Me being main card holder. This company caused me to have problems on the computer just so they could steel my new card no. . This company is committing fraud and I am now in talks with lawyer to start law suit. My web page will be up soon. It will be called fight against Norton. Just having lawyer checking legal aspects of law suit. Go read messages on my facebook page Kevin Connolly. This company very crooked do not deal with them and lets fight them in court.

Nortonantivirus auto renew

Have not used this product in over two years. Saw charge on my credit card. Called Norton to remove the charge. Customer Service rep verified no activity on my account since 9/2013 (today is 12/11/2015), stated sent auto renew notice to an email that I shut down well over a year ago, yet will not refund a charge of almost $100 to me. Shame on Norton for scamming someone who WAS a loyal Norton customer for well over a decade. I'll never use this company again for my personal or business use. I'll make sure I tell as many folks as I can about the customer unfriendly policies of this company. Shame, Shame, Shame on Norton.

Nortondamages

I can not give a photo of the damage that has been done since my computer technicians down loaded the Norton 360. I had micro soft essentials on my computer & never had any major problems. After being told by my technician that there were viruses that the micro soft essentials couldn't battle they suggested the Norton 360 at a $89.95 cost. I allowed them to download it a little over 5 months ago & have had major problems with my computer ever since. It not only disrupted some of my software that had been working perfectly for years but just last week I started not being able to access my Google Chrome. I contacted my technician & it took him 40 minutes to remove over 3000, count them, 3000 different viruses that the Norton 360 never blocked from my computer. I never go to sites that I have not been too before & I once again informed them that the Norton 360 is crap. All he could say was " you have purchased our services for another year so you can call everyday if you have to & we will clean it for you. What? Sit for 40 minutes clearing viruses that this terrible anti virus protection just lets on? When the rest of my year is up I'm definitely not purchasing Norton ever again. Oh, and by the way, I have the best technicians I've ever worked with. Pro Tech. They have apologized for selling me the product but unfortunately there's nothing they can do except keep my computer going until my almost $100.00 is used up. Don't purchase the Norton 360 unless you're ready to pay for a good technician to take care of what Norton doesn't.

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Sorry for the trouble. Please send us a private message, we would like to collect a few details and help

Norton360 premier edition software

Firstly, having registered with you, I'd like to comment on your name "Complaints Board" and ask who you represent. However, my reason for doing so, was that 'somehow' I found that you have Systweak listed as having been complained about, and I happen to have their main software suite (ASO) on my machines; as have a friend and a relative. And, whereas you show them as a dangerous site, my own experience has been nothing but good over the past 5 years +. I got their ASO V.2 about 10 years ago, and it was so amazingly quick to find problems (which did exist, not phantoms) that I though it must be smoke & Mirrors. I tried them again 5 years ago, and have used ASO as my only maintenance suite since, along with Norton for AV and Firewall, security, etc. Until about 6 to 8 months ago, Norton had no problem with ASO, but since have waged a vendetta against Systweak (who incidentally are a Microsoft Gold partner) along with Zookerware (another American Company) who just happen to have competitive software to that of Systweak. About 6 weeks or more ago, I found I could no longer fight back against Norton 360 by excluding ASO's ".exe" files from scans, and switched to another good Security Suite (so far on 2 computers) so that ASO can fix problems that arise from time to time: Note that my wife's computer was all but dead in the water about 6 months ago, until in Safe Mode I ran ASO. It was then back to its old self. Thus I found that ASO kept it going, and Norton all but destroyed my systems! This is the Gospel Truth (assuming you believe in God), and if one software had to go, it had to be Norton, since Norton cannot search for and install new drivers, cannot fix the registry, cannot recover deleted files, cannot or doesn't find some security issues, cannot defrag my systems, and overall cannot match ASO's many capabilities. I am not religious, but I am absolutely honest, and as far as I'm concerned Norton, and Zookerware, who in my opinion openly defamed Systweak with an advert on the web about 6-8 months ago, are the flies in the ointment! I suspect they have some relationship, but cannot prove that possibility. What I will tell you is that among the many 'creatures' who have laid complaints against Systweak's software, most are all but illiterate and appear pretty much inept in the use of software. Install, press run ... and wait for the magic types. Finally, try contacting Norton in any way other than Phone (I'm semi-deaf) or so-called CHAT, (I'm old and a slow typist) and you'll be out of luck! Contact Systweak Support, by email, and you'll get all the help you could possibly ever need, and they will not become irritated at all by dozens of emails if their customer has the need to keep contacting them. They're the nicest people you could ever deal with, and Norton/Symantec (the latter also own Bitdefender) are the very worst! Fact, many months ago I refuted dozens of the 'creatures' illiterate slanders of Systweak software, via Norton's safety system, and for a very short time, Norton changed their icons from red to green! I thought they'd seen the light, but a few weeks later, they were all back to red! So much for Norton's honesty! I have no documentation because it doesn't apply. Norton don't put anything in writing to help.

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Sorry about the delay. Let me know if you still face any issues with your Norton. Glad to help.

Buycheapsoftware.co.uk — norton 360

I purchased norotn 360 on 25/10/15, I received the software link and installed then entered the product key...

Nortoninternet security

Case reference number: [protected] Miss pamela ann jones The complaint is: Norton took just under £50 from my bank on12th July, unauthorised by me. I had some serious disruptive issues with my Norton antivirus after an update on your system earlier this year when I was still living in the uk. Norton has everything on record regrading this, as some of its been read back to me 2 days ago. I advised norton more than once (technical support called me a few times afterwards too and I re confirmed this) earlier this year that I was no longer using Norton and had changed to kaspersky. I said I would let the Norton subscription run to its end this year, but I was not using it and 'I did not want it renewed'. Norton did not auction this, nor offer me any advice regarding logging in to the website to change anything. People were trying to do their best to retain me as a customer only. Despite norton technicians taking over my pc and me spending hours with Norton and on the phone too they just couldn't fix the problem on my PC. I remember too, I was upset as well as one Norton technician make me out to be at fault and was almost blaming me for the issues! I left the uk on 27th may this year and have been living in India since I left my pc disabled and packed away in the loft. I am traveling using an 8 inch iPad only, With no need or ability to use the Norton programme anyway. The minute I left the uk the email address :[protected]@ntlwork.com finished as it was connected to my home broadband supplier. I did not advise Norton of this as I wasn't using norton at the time, so to me it would have been irrelevant anyway, I wouldn't have thought of it. Norton says they sent me an email saying they were going to take payment, yet, they would have sent this to a dead email account and the email would have bounced, Its hard to imagine that a high tech switched on Internet company such as Norton would not have picked this up? So the payment norton took was unauthorised. But worse that that Norton took Payment for something I was not using and had advised them of this. A Norton representative advised me there is a standard 60 day refund policy. I'm sure that does apply to a product someone knowingly buys and finds unsatisfactory or unsuitable or faulty? And not for unauthorised money taken from a bank account for a product that was not being used? The reason I did not notice this transaction sooner is because when I left the uk I stopped using my Barclays Bank account (I can prove this also) otherwise I would have picked it up immediately. Everything about this case is distressing for me, it's taken so much of my time and energy Pam jones Sent from my iPad

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Sorry about the delay. Let me know if you still need any help with your Norton. Glad to help.

Nortonauto renewal - cancellation

My order nr. NP228658847 dated 13 July '14 in £49.99 Name : Mrs. Christine Smith, address 33 Oak Close, Thetford IP24 3EZ. I am complaining about automatic renewal of Norton virus because very small print that I didn't realise that it will be automatically renew every year. It's seem like scam. A lot of my friend have same bad experience from your company. I asked my bank Nationwide to dispute your company, then they return my money back the next day. But I got letter from Nationwide that they took my money again in £49.99 on 30 September after investigated. It's not fair, because I didn't use Norton virus since July '15. My husband got Norton Virus free of charge from EE since Aug '15. How come your big company robbed poor people as me in £49.99 while I didn't use it? That is my money for meals my family a week. Pls. return my money back as I need it. Thank you, Christine Smith

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Sorry about the delay. I could see that the second charge has been reversed. Let me know if you still need any help.

Nortonunauthorized charge

I loaded this product onto my computer when I bought it and immediately got a virus. The company charged me $100 to remove the virus they were supposed to prevent. They could not explain how that was legal but I needed my computer back so I paid it. A year later right when they started sending renewal notices, I got another virus they were supposed to prevent. I paid another $100.But before I renewed, I got the FREE anti virus from Avast and got the Norton off my computer. I havent had a virus in 5 years and havent paid one thin dime for protection. They cannot explain why I only got viruses when I had their product on my computer. Norton screws us every way they can. I think the viruses must have come from them because I havent had a single one since I got rid of their software.

Nortonunauthorized charge

Several years ago i left Norton after being essentially double billed.
                            (Receive repeated warnings to reapply or lose protection, signed up--next day my Visa card showed you had charged me over three weeks earlier re an annual top up. Attempts to get a refund for bogus software failed)
                            As a result I replaced Norton with other internet software and went to some trouble to remove any trace of Norton from this computer. I also had to arrange to disassociate myself from automatic top ups and have since remained free of same.
                            I am therefore surprised to see you that you have just charged (stole) another payment via Visa from me. Please correct this at once.Sincerely, Andrew Mulcahy
                            [protected]
                            [protected]@shaw.ca

• Norton's response · Jan 22, 2016

Sorry about the delay. I was not able to locate your recent charge with the email address that you have provided. Could you please send us a private message so that we can collect more information and help you further?

Norton / Symantec - - 360I have through xfinity comcast

On July 21, I order Norton np1156203642 for 43.99. I was contacted by xfinity.comcast explaining that symantec 360 was provided with my internet service. Therefore, on 8/8, I contacted norton requesting a refund. Confirmation 39dff was sent to me. I haven't received my refund. I believe there was a refund #c762486. Please take care of this. Thank you. I really like Norton!

• Norton's response · Aug 16, 2015

Sorry for the delay in refund. It usually takes 5-7 working days for the refund to be credited to your account. Let me know if you need any further help.