Having problems with Norton?

Norton reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review Poor Customer Technical Assistance was posted on Jun 18, 2021. The latest complaint refund of annual subscription was resolved on Apr 10, 2020. Norton has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 329 reviews. Norton has resolved 219 complaints.

Norton Customer Service Contacts

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norton Customer Service. Initial Norton complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norton above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norton. Discuss the issues you have had with Norton and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Norton Complaints & Reviews

Norton — unexpected bill

05 Mar Norton *Ap1250965007 [protected] GBR on 03 Mar 79.99 I received the above bill on my credit card...

Norton — norton antivirus update does not allow me to connect to my cisco vpn.

I have had to go back one version of Norton to get my VPN (Cisco any connect) to work. Spent a great deal of...

Norton Symantec — a2a payment

3/19/18 Debit 6516187 *AP1252553758 Mountain View CA [protected].28.02 $84.99 was taken from my account but...

Norton — renewal

I am very dissatisfied with the lack of customer service I have received trying to redeem a $25 amazon...

Norton — credit card charges

Today I find out that I have paid for years a Norton subscription, that was in automatic renewal. The email...

Norton — billed and no longer use norton

Hi I notice I have had a prepay scheme set up on Paypal and you have billed me Bill Term Initiated Date 18...

Nortonanti=virus software

I noticed from a recent bank statement that Norton took £59.99 out of my account on 5th December. I didn't authorise this payment to Norton and have no idea of what it is for.

Secondly, I'm surprised that Norton charged me an exorbitant £129.00 in Jan 2018 for renewal of my subscription. I believe my subscription fee last year was around £40. How can Norton justify such a massive hike in their fee? Furthermore, I am MOST displeased that I wasn't consulted about this payment and that it was AUTOMATICALLY debited to my account.

I would like an explanation on both counts. I would also expect a refund for the automatic payment made to Norton on 5th December.

I am also inclined to make a complaint to the Trading Standards Office in and the Communications Ombudsman.

Yours

GIlda L Hurford

• Norton's response · Jan 24, 2018

Sorry about the inconvenience this renewal has caused. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs. We can collect more information and help you sort this out quickly,

Nortonnorton antivirus/automatic renewal

I purchased a 1-year subscription of anti-virus on 7 February 2013 for £32.16. After 1 year I no longer needed the service and cancelled it. Soon after, I changed my email address and have replaced my associated bank card twice.

Recently I checked my bank charges and noticed I had been charged £79.99 by Norton. I called my bank as I thought it was a fraudulent payment. They informed me that I have been charged by Norton yearly since 2013. I informed them that I only signed up to a 1-year subscription of Norton's antivirus software. They explained that a large number of customers had complained about the same automatic renewal charges.

I was additional charged as follows:
    23 Jan, 2014 = £64.99 (Not disputing)
    23 Jan, 2015 = £64.99
    23 Jan, 2016 = £64.99
    17 Jan, 2017 = £79.99
    07 Jan, 2018 = £79.99 (Refunded)

After speaking with my bank I spoke to two Norton employees via the 'chat function on Norton's website. They informed me that I last used the software in December 2014, which means I was charged for another year of service but I continued to use the service so I am not disputing the charge in 2014. Koushik Roy, the supervisor kindly issued me the refund for the most recent charge in 2018 but explained he was not in a position to issue me a refund for the charges from [protected], even though I didn't use the service during this period.

Koushik informed me he would escalate my case on to a member of the senior team as they were the only ones at liberty to issue me a refund for the additional charges between [protected]. I gave him my mobile number and two email addresses and he informed me I would be contacted within 48/72-hours. This was on 16/01/2018.

Today is 22/01/2018 and I have not received a phone call or email from anybody in the senior team to discuss the problem.

I used the chat service again today to question why I had not received a call and despite providing my case number for my previous chat on the 16th the person I was speaking too kept asking the same questions and giving me information I was already given from my previous chat.

Frustrated I asked for a complaints email address and the email address of a member of the senior team. The person I spoke to stated neither had an email address. For a company who work within the technology/software field I am shocked that there is no email address (hence the length of this complaint).

I signed up to a 1-year subscription from Norton. I did not agree to a yearly renewal fee. The fact that despite me changing my account twice since my initial purchase of your product has not stopped you from pushing through a yearly charge or at least asking me permission to charge my new account is completely immoral and fraudulent.

At this point I need to speak with someone who is higher up within Norton to discus not only being charged for a product I have not used for years (and clearly your records show I haven't used it for years as your staff were the ones that provided me with the date of the last time I used it), but also to complain about your terrible customer service.

I will also being reporting Norton to trading standards and the financial ombudsman.

• Norton's response · Jan 24, 2018

Sorry about the trouble you had with the renewals. Could you share the case number to check this further? We can help.

Nortonnorton 360 by symantec

I purchased the norton 360 antivirus software from staples, It clearly says on the box that it is for windows 8. when you try to install the norton 360 it pops up a window saying not compatable . it also says cannot help with on line tech support. I then got on line and spoke to a tech support employee and after 20 minutes he tells me that I need to pay them additional money to make this norton product work on my computor. also the same thing is happening to my sister's computor, They want over $ 60.00 to make their norton product work on these two computors and I already spent over $ 90.00 on the software at staples. It says it is for the computors we are using, windows 8. I would never buy this norton product if I knew it would not work on my laptop and there is more charges to opperate this software, I have been using norton product for over 20 years and this will be the last time that I spend my money on their products if they will not stand behind what they sell without these charges. Also I had to search and search for a good number that I could use to talk to about this problem and it was still a waste of my time. the numbers I went through are, [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]. This kind of service is totally unaceptable after me purchasing a norton product that will not work on my computor, and is advertised that it is made for it.

• Norton's response · Jan 11, 2018

Sorry about the bad experience you had. it seems like you have contacted a third party for support. all latest norton products are compatible with windows 8/10. I suggest that you contact our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs we do not charge anything for helping in installing your norton. let me know if you need any additional help. glad to help. :)

Norton support

Nortonautomatic renewal, guru aid and constant phone calls

Norton have been taking £79 from our account each year for several years now despite the service being cancelled many years ago. When we called to get a refund we were put through to guru aid. No idea who this company are but they said the only way to get a refund from Norton was to pay then £79!! Now is it just me or does this seem absolutely ridiculous!!
        Guru aid now constantly call us literally every day, it's bordering on harassment!
        A large company such as Norton surely should have excellent customer service but apparently not. We have found the staff argumentative and extremely pushy. We asked to cancel and get a refund and now staff are constantly calling us asking if we want to renew the service!! I would appreciate the £79 refunding from guru aid and then would kindly ask that nobody from your shambles of a company contact us again.
        Kind Regards
        Stuart Beilby

• Norton's response · Dec 14, 2017

Sorry about the trouble you have in receiving your refund. It seems like you have contacted a third party support. We do not have any connection with them. Could you reach to our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs We can collect more details and help you with the refund.

Norton Antivirusscammed by geek technologies for $810.00

My complaint is three pages long and I would gladly forward it to an email address as an attachment Briefly this started in March of 2016 when my laptop indicated it was not protected by Norton Anti-virus although I down loaded a Norton Anti-virus disc. I phoned the Norton number listed on their package and ended up being dealt with by Geek Technologies. They checked my computer stating it was infected and I paid $589 (US) to have it cleared as well as lifetime protection for five devices as well as full time support.
          Sept. 2017 a message appeared stating my Norton Anti-Virus protection was about to expire. I phoned the support line and Geek Tec. wanted me to pay $250.00 to install a driver otherwise they could not provide Norton protection. An argument took place with them finally providing McAfee protection for one device for 9 years. They hung up when I asked for protection for my laptop.
          Dec. 5th/17 Geek Tec. phoned and wanted to renew my Norton Protection however they first wanted to check my computer. Upon checking they stated my computer was under attack and my IP address was comprised. For the sum of $299.00 I could get two year protection or for more money longer protection. I refused and they hung up.
          Dec. 6th I checked with Norton and they reported that have never heard of Geek Technologies however I do have McAfee protection.
          As previously stated I have three pages with documentation of names, times etc. if you would care to supply an email address that I could forward it to.
          I don't know if anything can be done at present but the public at large should be made aware of this scam.

Norton — norton sec prem 3.0 25 gb 5 dev

25/11/2017 ASSISTANT-ADAM H-6216 I purchased Norton antiviral for 5 computers and once home I resized I had...

Nortonunauthorized credit card charges

on 31/08/16 I've received email from Norton - automatic renewal notice. I've responded with the request to cancel my direct debit details and cancel the subscription (i have not signed up up to have services renewed). My request has been actioned, I wasn't charged for subscription in 2016, however I was charged $153AUD in September 2017.
            Please refund as I did not give permission for direct debit or use the program.

• Norton's response · Nov 16, 2017

Sorry about the trouble. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs we will collect more information and help you cancel the renewal.

Norton Securitynorton security deluxe: item# is [protected]

email toNorton Renewals re: charge of $100 for Norton security on 170914 Complaint to Norton/Symantic site https://www.symantec.com/connect/contact
              On September 14, 2017 I was charged $100.79 through paypal for Norton security that I did not knowingly apply for, for a computer I no longer use when my new computer does not require Norton. I am eager to be reimbursed for a product that I do not use and that I did not receive. This is the paypal Transaction ID: 6WH85096SA926562T and the Norton Security Deluxe item# is [protected] (Norton™ Security Deluxe Serial Number: DWG7288QW2TC)
              I trust you will take the action to reimburse me.

CURRENT COMPLAINT
              I have given you good time to respond to my complaint and still no reply. As a significant amount of money is involved, I am motivated to not let this go. If I don't receive some resolution soon and a reply in a week or two, I will be forced to seek a dispute through paypal and go to social media to voice my dissatisfaction.

• Norton's response · Nov 08, 2017

Sorry about the trouble and delay. We need to collect more details about the charge. Our team can certainly help you with a refund. Please get in touch with our support at: www.norton.com/contactcs

Norton — desk computer

10-24-17 I was contacted and said My Norton email was infected and needed my computer cleaned.I paid $249.99...

Norton Securityunauthorized credit card charges

On 1/05/17 Norton went into my Vibe account and made a premature debt of $116.59, which caused my monthly rent payment ($1094)to bounce with a $30 fee.(*AP1212188173 CA700529000454 IN1070) I had to take out a $500 loan to cover that expense. On 1/6/17 I was refunded $57.29 (CA [protected] IN1610) and was given additional days added to my subscription after the representative admitted to it being their mistake It took me 4 months to recover from the lose. I'm asking for a refund of $530 of the financial hardship I was caused. I've been attempting to get resolution since the date above.
                Sincerely,
                Anthony Gildon

• Norton's response · Oct 15, 2017

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately we will be only able to assist with refunding the charges from Symantec. I can suggest explaining the situation to your bank, and letting them know we have refunded the charge as per your request, however any decision would be up to your bank.

Norton Support

Norton — transferring my norton security from old computer to new one

I have spent hours chatting to 4 different agents in an effort to have norton transfer my norton security...

Nortonunauthorised credit card charges

An automatic payment was taken from my credit card - I do not want this service please refund the money to my credit card
                  6th September, 2017
                  Order number: Ap1235539006 [protected]
                  Name: suzanne Stevens
                  Product serial number: jxcbfrfjyrgj
                  This has put my credit card in arrears and I am now subject to overlimit fees - refund immediately.

Suzanne Stevens
                  Australia
                  mobile phone number: [protected]

• Norton's response · Oct 01, 2017

Sorry about this. We would like to collect more information about this and help. Could you contact us at: www.norton.com/contactcs

Norton Support

Nortonunauthorized auto renewal charge from norton

Case no [protected]
                    This is a report on an Un authorized Auto Renewal charge from NORTON.
                    I have been following up on this a number of times and I've been told that I will be contacted in 48 hours and I have never heard from anyone.
                    This is ridiculous ! I've been charged without my consent .
                    I need to hear from you now.
                    This is looking like i am being ignored and this case is almost like a scam.
                    I've been told several times via chat that my case hAs been escalated.
                    I want to find out how I can sue NORTON for taking money from my credit card, unauthorized.

• Norton's response · Sep 23, 2017

Sorry about this. I could see that the case was already escalated to a case manager. Did you received any call from our team? Let us know if you have not yet received any call back.

Norton — automatic renewal

I have tried to resolve my issue on chat, but the Supervisor left the conversation and I gave up (text of...