Menu
AVG Technologies
reviews & complaints

AVG Technologies
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

232 complaints
37 resolved 195 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of AVG Technologies. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

look i am so sick of you taking my money went i did not gave you the right to do that I just want my money please if not my bank will do it for me thank you

11:36 am EDT

AVG Technologies - avg free anti-virus

not free at all. I, today, received an email that AVG will charge my credit card $75.99 on 21 jun 2022. there is nowhere I can locate customer service and the email cannot be replied to.

WHAT A SCAM!

AVG Internet Security (Multi-Device)

For 10 devices. Used on 0.

Your subscription isn't being used on any device. Why not install and activate the app now?

Period:

2 months

Available for:

10 devices

Subscription status:

Next charge:

June 21, 2022

Payment method:

**** 7378 (Expires 4/2027)

Activation code:

XQEN94-PUHH52-5A4CPN

Unsubscribe

Desired outcome: CANCEL ALL AVG SUBSCRIPTIONS CLAIMED TO BE MINE. I NO LONGER HAVE THAT PRODUCT INSTALLED ON MY PC

N
1:49 pm EDT

AVG Technologies - unauthorised PayPal invoice for £49.99 from AVG Technologies

Invoice to PayPal 22 may 2022 for the sum of £49.99

Transaction ID 51x49741B6485461E

Seller information: AVG Ecommerce CY B.V.

Invoice ID [protected]

Purchase details: DRIAVG Technologies Order [protected]

This would appear to be for an antivirus package that has not been used since migration to windows 10 some 5 years ago please cancel any reoccurring invoices as this legacy product is no longer required.

6:04 pm EDT

AVG Technologies - Unauthorized debit charges

AVG TECHNOLOGIES www.avg.com MN

I check my account daily and found this charge of $-54.11 on my bank account. I did not authorize this.

May 20, 2022

Debit Card Debit DRI*AVG TECHNOLOGIES www.avg.com MN

This charge is pending and if it is paid I already have placed an alert with my financial institution. If this isn't stopped I have authorized my account (debit card) to be frozen.

Desired outcome: Please refund.

M
12:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

AVG Technologies - avg tuneup (multi-device)

Concerning order number [protected], license C9VDPX-RYM4FJ-5CU98J

I no longer want this product, because I don't own a personal computer any longer, only business computer. My card had expired, so I didn't thing I had to tell you, but today my card was debited with 61,99 EUR. Please send them back to my card.

Desired outcome: Please refund, and delete the license.

7:44 pm EDT

AVG Technologies - Unauthorized Debit Card charge

[protected] a unauthorized charge of 89.99 was charged yo my Debit card…

Called my bank to stop charges and they cannot do anything while the charge is pending…

They are issuing me a new card which takes 7-14 days…

I would like to get my 89.99 back and this company should pay for any extra charges that may occur such as overdraft charges…

They need to be held responsible for this crime and the stress it has caused me…

Desired outcome: To be refunded 89.99 they stole from my bank account and any charges that may occur…

C
6:05 pm EDT

AVG Technologies - Anti-virus software

I also did not authorize any payments to DRI*AVG TECHNOLOGIES and request all charges be reversed and to have my credit card removed from your files.

Transaction dates are:

2/15/2021 for $96.61

4/17/2021 for $63.74

2/15/2022 for $95.61

4/17/2022 for $63.74

Desired outcome: I would like all charges reversed that were charged to my credit card going back to 2/16/2020. There have 8 charges made to my card that were not authorized for a total of $594.89

6:30 am EDT

AVG Technologies - Basic cover product

I recently purchased an AVG basic protection product and I am not happy with constant pop-ups warning me that I am being tracked, have a virus, been hacked etc.. all in a bid to upsell extra products! I am sorry I decided to support AVG now. I should have stuck with my McAffee product! #AVG - kindly refund my money, your product is clearly not what I was looking for with Security Support for my laptop!

Desired outcome: Refund

10:45 am EDT

AVG Technologies - [protected], [protected]

Date of Incident 9/29/21 amt.debited without authorization, DBT CRD$ 63.59.

Date of incident 9/29/21 amt. debited without authorization DET CRD $95.39

I do not use your service. I use another service paid for by the company I work for. Please credit my acct. for this amount. Shred in numbers that you have stored for me. My CPA found this wrongful charge. stored for me. Do not ever debit again.

Janice Dye

[protected]

Desired outcome: Money taken from me without concent.

D
6:08 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

have been charged £49.99 as I think a renewal of the above service from my bank a/c on 01/04/22. I wish to cancel this payment and any future renewals as I no longer want this service

K
4:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

you have taken 49 50 out of my acount without my permissiom i did not give my bank details to you so i wound like my 49 50 p back into my account or i will have you for fraud

D
12:35 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Not sure why I am being charged 76.00. as far as I know all I have from AVG is a PC tune up so what are these charges for? I have Digital River Trans #'s and they have different Invoice numbers. Very confused.

T
7:03 pm EDT

AVG Technologies - unauthorized credit card charges

On 13 March 2022 a charge of £49.99 was made on my Mastercard ending ..1759 without my authorisation. I am currently using the free edition of AVG computer protection and have never authorised any payment.I require a complete refund please. I wil provide any more information that you require if you contact me via my email address which is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Please refund and confirm this will not occur again.

C
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I canceled your services when you sent me a bill. I got my credit card bill and it was $95.39 on my credit card I do not want your service I was not happy with it. It was on a visa credit card. My name is Constance Vucina Acct number is Visa 6436 Address 236 Ross Mountain Road Ligonier Pa 15658 Email is [protected]@verizon.net.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have AVG as my anti-virus carrier and within the last 24 hours, I was charged without authorization of the following amounts: 96.29 (2/27/22), 49.99 (2/27/22) and 69.99 (2/27/22). I want my money back and want this account immediately closed. My name is Anton Lewis-Smith, avlewis.[protected]@gmail.com.

2:57 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Buongiorno vi ho contattato per il motivo di due addebiti in data 24/02/2022 ore 02,06 con un importo di €69,99 e ore 02,17 con un importo di €89,99. Questi due addetti non sono autorizzati da me e senza mio consenso, quindi vorrei che vengono rettificate e rimborsati. Cordiali saluti.

W
2:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

You keep charging to my credit card and I have not ordered this item. It is 2/26/2022 and my credit card was just charged. Please stop charging me for this. I don’t have an account and don’t want one.

5:53 am EST

AVG Technologies - Anti virus protection

Have not received your service for several years, probably since I changed my laptop and email address). However, on the 14th February you took £49.99 from my credit card account. Please will you remove me from your customer list, make no further charges and refund the £49.99 recently taken.

Do not have any further information regarding contract numbers etc.

Thank you.

John L. Hindle.

M
4:17 pm EST

AVG Technologies - AVG

I am requesting a full refund in the amount of $ 104.99 which you charged to my visa without my authorization. I joined AVG on January 29, 2021 for one year. You debited my account on January 17, 2022 - exactly 12 days before the full year was up. In 2021 before I agreed to take AVG I asked if it would be automatically renewed because if that was your practice I would not have taken it. I was assured you would not automatically renew my agreement. Please respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Mary Fitzgerald
[protected]

e-mail address is [protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: full refund

Update by Mary Fitzgerald
Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm EST

AVG just debited my account $104.99 without my authorization. I am requesting a full refund. I HATE when companies think they can automatically debit your account. I am not happy with the manner in which I was treated.

1 comment
G
Jan 27, 2022 2:32 am EST

I want to cancel my membership i have tried to stop and cancel i have been trying for at least 5 times can i cancel and stop all the money can you help to cancel . Mr g barnard

E
3:33 pm EST

AVG Technologies - I have no products or services with AVG

I was just charged $99 dollars to my account and I don't use anything from AVG nor do I even have an account with AVG. I am reporting this fraud to my bank immediately. I will figure out which card was used to make this payment and cancel it also immediately. This is absolutely fraud and I will be perusing actions to get my money back immediately. I cant stand a thief!

Desired outcome: Immediate refund of any and all charges from AVG

Update by erin.burch
Jan 09, 2022 3:35 pm EST

I am disgusted that this company is doing this. I will never use their products at all EVER! I hope they get this taken care of right away.

AVG Technologies contacts