Having problems with Norton?

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

Complaints & Reviews

they are the worst of the worst

Today I received a call from an ***** asking me when I am going to make payment again. I mentioned the fact that I had questions regarding the statement to which I was told that I will receive a summons in two weeks and the call was ended. I short while later I received another call by another one of them, I requested the name of the person that had contacted me earlier, the response was that 'he' the person on the line was the first person to phone me today. I again asked who the rude person was that had phone me earlier to which the response was 'Tammy a colluege of mine'. I questioned the caller about the interest that I was being charged and I received an answer of 23%. I told the caller that the original amount was R 8300.00 opening and that I had already paid R 9500.00 to date I was told that there is only another R 3700.00 left and that I should pay this. I told him that I was going to seek legal advise.

I ended the call, He phoned back again and I advised him that I had no more to say to him at this time. I received some sms messages stating the sherrif will be visiting me shortly.

Resolved norton annual renewal

1 year ago I responded to a notification that my Norton anti-virus protection was out of date by renewing it...

order # np19065667

Placed order np19065667
On 1/11/11 order confirimed had it downloaded, and it said it was deliveried, but today a message came up on screen saying, I had only six days till my service would be droped. please cancel the above order and the charges to my credit card.
H. wynn pletcher
[protected]

billing my cridet card without letting me know

the norton annual renewal norton.com ca bill my cridet card without letting me know my name is johnny cruz and my E-mail is [protected]@guam.net

poor customer service

I've been a customer of Norton for 2 years and never had a problem untill today. I called the customer support number and asked for help. The woman on the other end of the line was from another contry and i could baerly understand her, I told her my problem and she said that they could fix it when I pay $99.00 more. When I told her that I already paid for their sevice she again said that if I wanted help I'll need to pay $99.00 So I hung up, She called me back and told me that I was rude and hung up on me. So I called and asked to speak to someone in charge and a man by the name of Mike got on the phone and asked what my problem was and when i told him he asked is that all i wanted and hung up... I will never deal with them again and will look for a better protection for my computer... DO NOT BUY ANT NORTON PRODUCT.

• Yv
    yvonne lane Jul 09, 2008

I order norton 360 and I have not been able to download, and it was pay for the monies was taking out of my account.

• Em
    emmunwel aquilina Sep 12, 2008

DEAR SIRS, I HAVE PURCHUSED THE NORTON360 AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE PRODUCT TWICE . PLEASE CAN ONE PRODUCT BE TAKEN BACK AS I CAN NOT AFFORD THE COST FOR BOTH, AND IT WAS A MISTAKE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS

• Em
    emmunwel aquilina Sep 17, 2008

I have purchased the one year Norton 360 antivirus, and been downloaded twice and charged to my visa card twice .I have been in contact with you already before and have been told that i will be refunded the money for one, but nothing is showing on my visa card .The purchase was done on the 09/09/08.Thank you.

• Lo
    lori a kelly Sep 22, 2008

i bought one year of protection. The other day, norton alert popped up and wanted to install an "update". I allowed the instalation, (of course) and the program said all other previous instalations must be uninstalled for the new program to work properly. Fine. when it was all said and done, I am told that i have an updated verision of norton, (that i trusted, so much) which in reality, was just a 15 day trial period, and my paid norton protection is gone! I feel tricked and I'm mad about it. I want this fixed or i will blog norton to death...thanks. lori kelly(-hoskins) We purchased it with my husbands visa, scott hoskins. [email protected]

• Ke
    Ken Allison Oct 25, 2008

I signed up for your Norton 360 product in Oct. 2006-----you, without my authorization renewed and charged my credit card for Norton 360 in Oct. 2007 and now I continue to get the pop up's for renewal again just like last year---------I do not want to renew ! Just to be clear, I do not want your product so do not charge my credit card, I will dispute the charge.

I do not want any future updates-----stop the renewal process.

• Je
    jesus Oct 26, 2008

Symantec{norton360}.
    They made me wait for 6:32minutes and still waitinig only for a simple issue it does not make sense.
    They ###ed my sunday .

• Da
    david g. ogletree Oct 27, 2008

whenever i try to erase a tracking cookie i hit a stone wall when i try to refresh it.(not responding) pops up.i end up having to cancel it out.what is the problem?

• Li
    linda owens Mar 13, 2009

purchase norton thru the internet and couldn't put it on my computer so I was help thru e-mail by Abhinas AS 368389 and i was charged twice $99.98. I only received a 30 day trail version. Every number that i received to check up on order want let me find out anything. my order number was 1086475

• Da
    daileys inc Dec 29, 2009

billed twice for norton 360

• Mr
    Mr. Bob L. Dec 28, 2010

I have had Norton360 for 2 yrs. now. Last month I got a adware that norton360 didnt stop from getting in to my computer, so I called Norton and not only did I get someone that I couldnt understand and after repeating myself 20 times, this lady told me they could fix it but I would need to pay $100.00. WHAT ????? so why did I pay $79.99 a year for Norton360. So to make a long story short. I didnt renew Norton360. I asked computer people at everystore what did they use, and most that I talked to told me to go to Best Buy and get Kaspersky Anti-Virus so I check them out and did my reserch and I baught it. I installed it, not only did it find and delete the adware it found 8 more and deleted them. So to make a long story short, Get rid of the scam Norton sells and find one that works for you. Kaspersky works for me and made me a believer.

rip off

Norton Law Group... Did you know he goes by a few names to try and get away from the bad rap he gets?...

Несанкционированное списание средств с карты виза

1.09.2010 в 15.53 ( Моск. ) у меня с карты " Виза " не санкционировано было списано 60, 86 евро за какую то покупку NORTON годичное продление.
Что можно сделать, чтобы вернуть денежные средства ?

Resolved overcharging

Norton had sent me an e mail ref renewing my subscription this i have done thinking i would only pay the normal cost of about £34.00 i have now found out that they have charged me £64.99 without informing me how does one contact this company to get a refund of a least half. when i spoke to someone from this company i was directed to a call centre in india this was a total disaster as the person i spoke to couldnt put two words in english together totally dissatisfied with Norton please help [protected]@tiscali.co.uk for reply HELP

RESOLVED

• Norton's response · Oct 17, 2018

Sorry about the trouble. We will contact you through email. Please remove any personally identifiable information from your comment above.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Sh
    Sharply57 Oct 15, 2018

Obviously nothing done by Norton to change their policy of overcharging by 100% on renewals, if challenged they refund at the drop of a hat...its all a strategy to prey on people who Auto Renew. Corporate Thieves!

took my money

My name is Steve I was refered to Norton law Group by a friend and Norton law didnt Do Anything to Help Me Keep My House they just kept taking money from me and never did anything and they are still trying to take more money.They Took 5800 from me and I told them that I want my money back because they werent doing anything and they only offered me 1400 back. The person who refered me lost 4000 from Norton Law and they didnt do anything for her
All I want is my money back from them and they refuse to give me it back
There the reason im losing my house they never helped me at all except to give me the run around
Also when i called the bank the bank never even heard of them
Norton law group doesnt care about the people all they want is there money
I hope this message that i WROTE speaks a message to everyone not to go to Norton Law Group

• Tf
    TFM1 Aug 20, 2010

Did the same for me. Reported them to BBB and Suffolk Bar Assoc.

• Ri
    Rita Ortiz Aug 24, 2010

My husband and I were refered to Norton Law group by two family members. We paid Kyle 3ooo to have our loan modified and then continued to bill us for additional servies that they never performed. Our loan was a interest only and when it reset the payment increased 2ooo!!! I was very ill and lost my job and we struggled to make the payment so the "Super Hero" Kyle promised to have our loan modified which he never did. I ask for our money back and asked Norton Law group to stop the BS and we will handle on our own. Almost 1 1/2 years later we were able to have the loan modified on our own but never received any money back. We placed a complaint with the BBB and the Bar ###.
    So please people stop speaking with this Liar and work with your mortgage company directly for NO FEE!!!

• Ky
    kyleisafraud.com Aug 31, 2010

Same thing happened here. PLEASE, PLEASE place a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General. http://www.ag.ny.gov/bureaus/consumer_frauds/contact.html
    They are investigating these fraudulent companies and frauds like Kyle Norton.

no customer support

I upgraded one of my computers to Norton 360 V4 to evaluate the performance against the older version, 360 V3. The issue I have now with V4 is the amount of spam I receive. V3 running on the other computers has a fraction of the spam and I mean 1 spam email compared to 10 or 12 spam emails with V4. I contacted Norton support. What a joke. I have had a number of emails (+8) or so saying they will contact me. No one has contacted me. I have been on Norton Support live chat when the person you were chatting with just ups and leaves the room. The reference numbers I have been provided have been noted as resolved and yet the problem still has not been addressed.

I have looked at as many Symantec web sites as I could find and conclude Symantec has no avenue to receive formal complaints from its consumers. This is disappointing considering the size of the organisation as how do you provide a quality service when you don't have any feedback or measuring tool from your consumers on an on going basis. I did receive a Symantec customer survey and was accurate in marking a very low score for customer service.

What next? I am reviewing the product as it comes up for renewal in the next couple of weeks. It looks like no services look else where. If any company out there believes they have a better product with back up customer service, please let me know. I would be interested.

destroying my computer

Norton Antivirus 2010 is a virus in itself and the company refuses to admit it. Before receiving the Norton Antivirus 2010 my computer was working fine and since the attempt to install the program, my computer has refused to come back on after the install needed to shut-down to restart, All this was being done robotically by a "so called technician". The company ruined my life. I know that's harsh but its true. I can not retrieve my work that was stored on my tower, I can not turn my computer on any longer. The program is a sham a waste of money and I cant believe Norton would be so unhelpful to my problem that THEY caused. I am going to try to start a case against the technician Uday Raj and the other tech. I hope it goes well. I am disappointed in the Norton's Software Company treatment of my computer and of me. You know was said as an excuse to me "it was a coincidence" What kind of inpropriate behavior is this.
Norton Antivirus 2010 is a Virus.

thanks,
A hard working disappointed student

• Lo
    LonghornMom Aug 01, 2010

I would like to join suit against Norton with the previous posting by a disappointed student. The fraud committed by this company must be stopped; several others are posting complaints regarding unauthorized/unnotified charges being made to their debit/credit cards and paying for products never received, myself included.

double charge

I requested via internet an upgarde of our norton virus protection chose a 2 year plus and was charged to my visa $124.94 - this was correct
I have recently been charged another fee for a years cover of norton virus.
This has occured perhaps because - I received a note saying something about same computer but different identification??

Can you look into this for me please. As I appear to have a double up of coverage.

Wendy grylls
[protected]@xtra.co. Nz

• Sr
    Sr. Ernestine Mulvey Nov 14, 2008

On my Master Card I was charged for Norton Annual Renewal 5543286M700XDXD6H $ 51.99

And Dri Symantec Myord.com/sym mn
    5543286M80027552W $39.99

Please refund me for the $39.99 charge which I purchased before you renewed the previous subscription.

Thank you.

Sr. Ernestine
    1-318-448-3187

Charlotte Dorris Mar 01, 2010

I show a charge on May 29, 2009 from Symantec HP for $59.99,
    Then again on July 18, 2009 from Norton Annual Renewal for $54.99
    I cannot seem to contact anyone regarding this double charge, when I call I'm put on hold and left for way too long !

unauthorized charge

I got an email telling me that my service with Norton was about to expire...then there was a charge on my...

mortgage scammed

Do not give norton law group any of your money, hi im rick I went to norton law group for mortgage...

fraud

They are fake and make stuff up like they are trying to help you but in deed they are stealing your money and not doing anything. You call your bank and your bank has no info that the norton law group has called. They do not do anything that they promise. Please do not use them. We were so desperate because we could not pay our mortgage in the interm we turned to them and they ruined our credit and caused us to go into foreclosure i'm about 30 days away from losing my home. They really keep you going and say that the bank requested more info but when I called my bank they never requested any info. They had us fooled

• Ri
    Ripofflawofficesof K.N Mar 07, 2011

I complely agree, I worked there as a paralegal for 2 months and left for this reason. I couldn't stay there any longer knowing everything that was going on in this office, the rip ppl off and try to take as much money as they can per client. Everyday that I worked in that office more than 2 exsisting clients would go and complain to the manager Kimberly Ball for taking their Money and doing nothing about their case. I can tell you within the period of time that I worked in that office almost all their staff left, including attorneys. No body lasts there more than 4 months, their pay is insignificantly low, they promis you the world as they do with their clients, and never deliver. Their Manager K. Ball is a complete [censor] who treats everyone like a piece of [censor], including Clients!! People please read these reviews before you even think about drawing yourself to this hell they so call Law office.

download did not load, but I was stilled charged

I was trying to download the Norton anti-viris program on my computer and it didn't load. Also, the...

refund the money

I just saw on our bank statement that you deducted 69.99 US Dollar for a Norton Anual Renewal. I want to cancel my annual subscibtion as I no longer have a regular pc, which makes the use of Norton unneccesary.
The Credit card it was deducted from was a Visa card number 4003 [protected] . The name on the card is Gaukhar Balykbayeva, 9B Stapaev str, flat 39, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Please take notice and cancel our subscibtion.
Please send me a confirmation that the subscibtion is cancelled and return the money I paid too much to the above mentioned credit card number at Kazkom Bank, Almaty, Kazakhstan
Hopefully this problem will be solved now,
Sincerely,
Gaukhar Balykbayeva
my email: [protected]@hotmail.com

Jan Jensen Mar 16, 2010

I just saw on our bank statement that you deducted 63, 24 US Dollar for a Norton Annual Renewal, just like a thief in the night, no bill no letter no nothing. I got a new PC and dont use Norton more so cancel my annual subscibtion and get me my mony bag.
    The bankconto it was deducted from was number 90151460018168 in Denmark. The name on the card is Jan Jensen.
    Please send me a confirmation that the subscibtion is cancelled and return the money I paid too much to the above mentioned bankconto.

Hopefully this problem will be solved now,

Sincerely,
    Jan Jensen
    my email: [email protected]

double billing

After purchasing norton anti virus protection on line, i noticed on my credit card the amt. of $49.99. i did...

unauthorized charges

My bank account was debited not just once but three times on the same day by norton.com for $145.32 each time totaling $435.96. I have never ordered anything from norton.com and have no idea how they got my debit card number. I filed a fraud charge through my bank and was told it would be 7 to 10 business days before my account was credited. If the fraudulent charges had been $500 or more it would have required a police report.

• Na
    nancy tawater Apr 19, 2008

on march 16, Iwas charged $64.94 for norton renewal . I did not authorize this trans action.Please credit my account immediately Thank you, Nancy Tawater

• Ro
    Roob Mar 09, 2010

Same thing happened to me on 3/8/2010 for a similar amount! Only mine was 4 charges! I'm also disputing...

• Sw
    sweetlollipopshop Jul 26, 2010

Just happened to me, discovered today but 3 identical unauthorized charges of $114.99 taken out of my account on 7/19 ... again bank says 10 business days before resolved, sending paperwork ... what really annoyed me was the bank calling me to suggest I call norton for a refund! A refund for what?? I never made a purchase in the first place!! I've filed fraud with the bank but it's ridiculous that they can make you wait so long to get your money back and they didn't even guarantee I'd get my money back ... like seriously how is this company getting hold of peoples bank card information???

credit card billing

Norton has charged my credit card for an annual fee for the past two years. The problem is, I purchased this product once, 8 years ago. Last year, out of the blue, they started charging me an annual fee even though I haven't used the product in years because my computer tech said it is absolute crap. I think they are just digging up any old credit card # they can find and charging it. You can't reach them through their phone #, they just keep you on hold. I reported them to my credit card fraud department and I also had to change my credit card #. It was the only way to get them to stop. What a scam and a fraud.