Having problems with Norton?

Norton reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2006. The latest review I have been scammed by someone who said they worked at Norton was posted on May 4, 2021. The latest complaint refund of annual subscription was resolved on Apr 10, 2020. Norton has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 326 reviews. Norton has resolved 219 complaints.

Norton Customer Service Contacts

1800 680 026 (Australia)
1800 720 7898 (Singapore)
1800 441 7077 (Thailand)
1800 944 0586 (Colombia)
+1 855 815 2726 (United States)
+64 800 174 089 (New Zealand)
+44 207 616 5600 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 011 906 (Ireland)
+32 22 566 625 (Belgium)
+420 239 016 463 (Czech Republic)
+45 35 258 010 (Denmark)
+352 298 479 5023 (Luxembourg)
+31 205 040 539 (Netherlands)
+351 800 780 066 (Portugal)
+41 442 120 032 (Switzerland)
+852 25 981 234 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 124 612 (Malaysia)
+27 218 192 830 (South Africa)
+82 220 971 401 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 0370 (Argentina)
350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Norton Customer Service. Initial Norton complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Norton above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Norton. Discuss the issues you have had with Norton and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Norton Complaints & Reviews

Norton 360 — scam

Purchased the product from a computer store and when I installed it, it automatically deleted a bunch of...

Norton Automotive Group — cant get my money back.

I bought a car on 8/14/12 two days later norton came and repoed it because the couldnt verify my employment...

Norton — computer not working

purchase Norton anti virus sum of around $200.00 thinking I was buying the best anti virus. Turns out...

Norton Internet Securitynorton internet security auto renewal

I got an e-mail for my Norton Internet Security saying that my subscription had been automatically renewed. I did not remember signing up for this (I don’t do auto drafts for anything) and I knew that I still had time before the previous subscription ran out. I checked my Norton Account and it had an alert that the credit card I used (my VISA debit) had expired. The money had already come out of my bank account but I couldn’t figure out how they used my expired card to pay for this!

Norton, who has outsourced their jobs, could not explain any of this to me or even tell me the date I signed up for Auto Renewal. I called the bank and they said someone sent my card through and it was denied several times before it was approved. From their end, it looked like someone was hitting number combinations for the expiration date until they got the right one! I confronted Norton and they said banks do automatic updates on debits (my bank doesn’t).

I demanded my money back(which was refunded that day) and told them I am paying them to protect me while they are robbing me blind. I am filing complaints on them wherever I can. If they are going to outsource jobs, they ought to at least train their people on United States laws.

• Th
      thel Jul 23, 2015

@OP,
      Norton sent a email out before the auto renewal feature was put online. then when it went online they sent another email stating that "you have been automatically set to auto-renew your subscription to make things easier for you to not have to worry about your protection...If you wish to disable this feature please log in to your mynorton account before [insert month before expiration date] to prevent you from incurring renewal charges. Thank You for choosing Norton AntiVirus."

If you didnt act when this was sent out then you have agreed due to not following their warning of the auto renew activation. by not logging in and disabling the feature you are telling them "ok i agree for you to renew my subscription."

Symantec / Norton Softwarecredit card fraud

Unauthorized credit card charges.
    I don't use Norton software, yet they insist I have "an account" with them.
    The only experience I have with Symantec product is when I remove it along with the other per-installed bloatware on Dell computers.

Norton 180 - 068 - 0026 - Gb — charging my account

Norton [protected]-GB have charged my account for services i have not had on my computer for two years i...

Redcliffe

Norton Annual Renew 877I got charged!!!

I was charged 69.99 for a Norton Security renewal and I do not carry this virus protection. I bought it for one year (which was last year) and that was it. I didn't ask for it to renew it and charge me without me knowing. I am not in the best situation financially but 69.99 is a lot to me and for it to be wasted on something I did not intentionally purchase, I want to be refunded.

• Yo
          YoungGi Kim May 26, 2012

To whom it may concern,
          I have used Norton Antivirus so far for 3 years but my computer was broken last January and have not used more. Problem is, you took out the $89.00 from my checking account for renewal this year so wish that you have to return it back to my checking account, then apprecciated. For your reference, my address is 49 Park Hill Lane, #1, Staaten Islaand, NY 10304. My phone number is [protected]. I currently moved to long Island and bought new laptop. If I need Norton I will order new one but not now.
          Anyway you have to return $89 back to checking account(...3785).
          Thank you.

• Ju
          justsomeguywhocares Oct 24, 2011

Hello!

No need for you to worry about the charge because Norton tech support would be very happy to assist you reversing the charge.

Here's what actually happened (or somehow happened.)
          Maybe you used Symantec product before and you purchased it online. Symantec has this feature called Annual renewal wherein it automates the renewal process to save you and other customers from the hassle of manually renewing their subscription yearly and also to ensure the continuity of protection you receive from Norton. BUT, prior to being charged for their annual renewal, an email will be sent( i think that was 30 days before subscription ends) and that email contains a prebilling notification and it will give you an option to OPT-OUT of this renewal. But if you wish to continue, just ignore the email and the renewal proceeds after 15days. Now you will ask me, "I didn't receive any emails". Maybe the email went on your Junk/Spam Filter OR the email associated with you Norton account is already invalid (this commonly happens if you lose subscription with ISP's like verizon, comcast, at&t, etc)

Just contact Norton Support at [protected] and have your billing statement and email or order number(if present)

thanks!

P.S.

you can actually have norton back to your machine because tech will try to keep you as a customer. they will give norton(i think) for half the price plus some tech might give you additional 6-months so you're ike getting 1yr and 6 months for 34.99

Norton 360 Premierrenewal cheated me of 46 days

Paid for the new Norton 360 Premier subscription renewal on three computers. The first computer the subscription had expired and I had 365 days left after renewal. Five days later I updated the second computer. It had 41 days but I updated it anyway. It comes back with only 361 days left. The stole 41 days of unused subscrition from my previous balance and took 5 days of unsed subscription from the new one. This is robbery! If I prepay any other subscribtion it is tacked on to the end of the existing subscription!

• Ew
            ewok1985 Jan 14, 2013

since buying this product every two to three days it quits working and I have to install the eraser run it, find nothing wrong so via the support site or the support technicians I have to uninstall and reinstall this product, it's garbage, like one huge virus, on top of that the tech are no help, with one agent even locking up my computer and then telling me she thinks I need to try to restart it, then after waiting forever to try and restart it it finally restarts and I attempt to reconnect with the support agent via the pin code she left me and she reconnects with me and promptly disconnects, the agents are rude, they never call back when they say they will and there product is garbage. I want to cancel my service and would like my money refunded...

• nana_41 Sep 10, 2011

After many yrs of using Norton AV I got fed up with their lack of customer service & Norton now partners with Microsoft & that is sad for the end user.. I went to Kaspersky a far superior AV uses less pc resources & much better software ..

Norton — unauthorised deduction on my credit card

i have noticed that norton has deducted £64.99 from my credit account without my authorisation with...

East Grinstead

Symantec Norton's Utilitiesunauthorized auto renewal charge

Symantec charged $63.59 to my parent's credit card for auto renewal of Norton's but my parents have never used or purchased Symantec Norton's Utilities and they certainly did not authorize auto renewal of a product they do not use nor own.

• Ju
              justsomeguywhocares Oct 24, 2011

Hello!

Here's what actually happened (or somehow happened.)
              Maybe you used Symantec product before and you purchased it online. Symantec has this feature called Annual renewal wherein it automates the renewal process to save you and other customers from the hassle of manually renewing their subscription yearly. BUT, prior to being charged for their annual renewal, an email will be sent( i think that was 30 days before subscription ends) and that email contains a prebilling notification and it will give you an option to OPT-OUT of this renewal. But if you wish to continue, just ignore the email and the renewal proceeds after 15days. Now you will ask me, "I didn't receive any emails". Maybe the email went on your Junk/Spam Filter OR the email associated with you Norton account is already invalid (this commonly happens if you lose subscription with ISP's like verizon, comcast, at&t, etc)

thanks!

norton.comcharged for renewal without authorization

After over a year of not using Norton antivirus, I noticed a fee that had been charged for renewal on my July bank statement. When I called to have the charge removed, the customer service representative explained that the automatic renewal notice had been sent to my email address (NOT MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR NEARLY TWO YEARS!) and that since I had not "opted out" of the auto-renewal program (which I had never opted in to), then I had been charged. After offering to credit me, she then tried to sell me another product!!

Norton *software Norton.com / Ns CA — billed for no reason, idid not ask for any of their products

I just checked my credit card and this company tried to use it for a purchase that i do not have any idea why...

Norton Anti Virus Productunauthorized billing

I sold My personal computer a few years back, Norton Kept on billing my credit card every year even though I never agree to automatic renewal. They said they were doing me a favor by renewing me automatically without my consent. I spent Several hours trying to reach them by phone and they refunded half what they owed me. I'm shocked a reputable company such as norton would do such shady business practices. If there's any norton employees out there who care about the integrity of there company please help me get a complete refund(my reference #[protected]) my email is [protected]@gmail.com

Marissa333 Jun 16, 2011

Microsoft Security Essentials is free and has been for almost 2 years. STOP paying for AV software unless you like giving away money. BTW I repair computers. MS SE works great.

eddie1938 Jun 15, 2011

No Sir that's not how it works, Please no name calling. I contacted the company and did get a refund for the first charge, they told me an email is sent to confirm the authorization. They used an old deleted email account.

eddie1938 Jun 15, 2011

Sounds like this forum is full of people working for Symantec!!! They know I didn't use their product and since when does the obligation for customers to renew depend on them unchecking a box. Wow have consumer laws changed that dramatically.

eddie1938 Jun 15, 2011

The first charge slipped through unnoticed, the second I caught. I did contact Symantec and they acknowledged I was charged both times, and that they never notified me. They also seem to know I never activated their services. I admit I wasn't diligent in catching the overcharging the first time through. Now that I have noticed the over billing, it doesn't excuse them from rectifying the situation. If there's any honest employees from Symantec who realize it's wrong to steal from people(even if they don't initially notice) please help me recoup the overcharged amount. My reference number for this norton anti virus Symantec cases is [protected], my email is [email protected]

Norton Annual Renewal 180 - 068 - 0026gbr — unauthorised payment

Unauthorised payment taken from my credit card without any warning. ON 26/05/2011 $59.99 was taken from my account.

Norton.com / Nsca — billed twice

I received a notice saying that my Norton Antivirus program was ending, so I did renew it. I was charged...

Norton Annual Renewal 180 - 068 - 0026 Gb — charged for annual renewal and not a customer

I, Simone Clear, have been charged on my credit card for NORTON ANNUAL RENEWAL [protected] GB, I have not...

Norton Anti Virus — payment taken from account with no product

I purchased a new laptop at beginning of year with Norton pre installed for 60 day trial. During the trial I...

Norton Antivirus 360 For 3pccharged payment without product

I am surprised that this type of fraud is common with Norton, i bought a computer with 100days free Norton antivirus which expired about 3days ago, i was asked to renew the subscription which i tried to do but my visa card was rejected after several trials. But today i was told that my card was charged $59.99 for product i did not succeed in perfecting. No receipt, no product key to download but was charged for nothing. This is a serious thing which is called daylight robbery. Pls help me to contact Norton to refund my money or to check this order and email me the product key to download. My card was charged for the order on the 5th of May, 2011. My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com. if they can check their orders, they will see who they are robbing. I will not have a good word ever for Norton if the product is not renewed or refund my money.

Norton 360renewed without approval from me

I dont want and didnt ask for Norton to be renewed, please refund full cost to me immediately and dont use my account or my wifes fredit card without my explicit and active approval each time i decide to do a transaction. Otherwise I will be calling the Garda fraud squad.
                  Michael Griffin
                  my email is: [protected]@hotmail.com

• Fd
                      FDL_HOU Mar 12, 2011

Sorry Charlie, there is a little known secret when you accept their terms and condition of their agreement with you. You know the one, the one you didn't pay any attention. Practically ALL virus removal software companies will hide in that agreemnt, that you click that you agree to, that puts you on auto-renewal.

Norton Annual Renewal 044 - 2126262belastung 24.1.11 chf 80. —

Uns wurde am 24.1.2010 CHF 80.-- in Abzug gebracht und ich Frage mich für was?

Heinz Binggeli, Rüselmattstrasse 4, 3296 Arch

Gerne höre ich diesbezüglich wieder von Ihnen. besten Dank

• Th
                        Thierry Suard Mar 25, 2011

Sehr Geehrte Damen und Herren,

Auf meiner Visa Kreditkarte wurde am 16.02.2011 CHF 49.99 in Abzug gebracht und ich Frage mich für was?

Thierry Suard, Hoehenstrasse West 37, 4600 Olten, [email protected]