Netspendre: closing of account due to fraud (and return of funds)

R

Good afternoon:
On 02/25/16 I was alerted by netspend that my account was closed due to fraudulent activity. At the present time, I had close to $2k in the account which funds had been deposited by my employer. Netspend policy is to have a letter of indemnity sent to them requesting that the funds be returned to them with information applicable to my account with netspend. Netspend informed me that it will take 20 business days to return the funds back to my employer which I deemed unacceptable. It is very unprofessional and disrespectful to any person to hold funds that do not belong to them for such a period of time.

In addition, my employer will not type a letter requesting funds that exceed the amount given on their behalf nor write my netaccount details in the letter since they are not responsible fro this. I appreciate some attention with this matter because it appears that netspend is clearly responsible for this fraud and it appears that the fraud happen because of them so that they can keep my funds.

I will send the letter given by my employer with hopes of my funds being returned back to my employer but, I will in addition contact legal assistance to handle this complaint with netspend.

Monica stephens

RESOLVED

• NetSpend's response · Mar 08, 2016

Dear Monica, We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Please email us at [email protected] and we will make sure to address your concerns and assist you to the fullest. Thanks, NetSpend

• Yo
    Yolanda Wade Mar 10, 2016

My name is yolanda Johnson wade my account was closed because fraud and ATM machine problems. I was told I made to many disputes what was I suppose to do let it go unchecked never I did what anyone would have done.I was told that I was no longer eligible for netspend services. I wish I had something bad to say about them but I can't. I was treated good!!!

• Sh
    SherriIsNOTHappy Apr 04, 2016

I was able to gather from two customer service representatives that two other Netspend cards have been opened in my name and used in the amount of $500 each leaving a negative balance.

I HAVE NOT had two more cards and have only used the card ending in 8419.
    I was recently the victim of identity theft so it appears that it may have crossed over to Netspend as well.

Several calls to your customer service department have led to me being placed on hold for several minutes and even hung up on. I NEED to speak with a representative in your fraud department so that I have the correct information to give the police when filing my police report about this matter.

I have written an email to both social and feedback @ netspend homing that I have some sort of answer to this matter as soon as possible.