McDonald's / product and customer service

Mc Donalds at 13th St Norfolk, NE 68701 Occured at 11:10 pm on 6/21/2019. I went through the drive-thru to get an ice cream cone. I had recently seen commercials reporting that the cone was on sale for $1 and, since I love the cones, I wanted one! The price I was quoted was $1.29. I said "you charge 29 cents in tax?!" They said no, the cone is $1.19 plus 10cents in tax. I responded that I had seen commerials saying the price was $1 and that the menu board I was looking at said $1. The drive thru person then said, oh, $1.19. When I got to the window, the clerk said, "$1.29. I said, no, the person who just took my order said $1.19. He said no, $1.29. I told him the menu board said $1.00. He repeated it's $1.29. I said well I have $1.19 and that is what I am going to give you. He said he would not give me the ice cream cone for $1.19. I told him I would be making a phone call, to which he said go ahead. I just left. This same situation happened to me last night too. 6/20/19. I don't know if the staff didn't get the memo or if they were hoping that customers wouldn't notice, and they were keeping the extra 10 cents. Now, a person could think that 10 cents (actually 20 cents - happened x2) isn't a big deal, I just don't like getting ripped off. What would I like to see and a resolution? Some free ice cream cones.

• Updated by Joan Sun, Jun 22, 2019

The clerk at the window should have sent one of the staff outside to check the menu board.

Jo