McDonald's / product and customer service
Mc Donalds at 13th St Norfolk, NE 68701 Occured at 11:10 pm on 6/21/2019. I went through the drive-thru to get an ice cream cone. I had recently seen commercials reporting that the cone was on sale for $1 and, since I love the cones, I wanted one! The price I was quoted was $1.29. I said "you charge 29 cents in tax?!" They said no, the cone is $1.19 plus 10cents in tax. I responded that I had seen commerials saying the price was $1 and that the menu board I was looking at said $1. The drive thru person then said, oh, $1.19. When I got to the window, the clerk said, "$1.29. I said, no, the person who just took my order said $1.19. He said no, $1.29. I told him the menu board said $1.00. He repeated it's $1.29. I said well I have $1.19 and that is what I am going to give you. He said he would not give me the ice cream cone for $1.19. I told him I would be making a phone call, to which he said go ahead. I just left. This same situation happened to me last night too. 6/20/19. I don't know if the staff didn't get the memo or if they were hoping that customers wouldn't notice, and they were keeping the extra 10 cents. Now, a person could think that 10 cents (actually 20 cents - happened x2) isn't a big deal, I just don't like getting ripped off. What would I like to see and a resolution? Some free ice cream cones.
Updated by Joan Sun, Jun 22, 2019
The clerk at the window should have sent one of the staff outside to check the menu board.
More McDonald's Complaints & Reviews
- McDonalds - I got a food poisoning eating their food 
- Work at Mcdonalds - made my 15 year old daughter afraid of work 
- McDonalds Australia - bad customer service 
- McDonalds - Canada - why are your ordering diet coke? 
- McDonalds - refund policy 
- McDonald's - the whole experience today 
- McDonald's - smoke house burger, waiting time and service
- Mcdonald's Monopoly - rip off
- McDonalds - mcdonalds barangay pinagsama taguig product
- McDonalds - all operations on site