Mcdonald's Restaurantsrefusal to give receipt!

J

On several occasions the local McDonald's has refused to give me a receipt at the 'pay here' window of their drive-through. Instead of giving me a printed receipt when they have received my payment, the cashier tells me to 'get it from the pick-up window', forcing me to retrieve the receipt from a cashier different from the one whom I paid.

My complaint to the manager was not resolved satisfactorily; the manager advised me that she would let the 'pay here' cashier leave his/her work station to fetch my receipt from the other window IF THEY WEREN'T TOO BUSY.

This conditional compliance leaves the manager in charge of whether and where I am given the receipt I am due once payment has been rendered. The manager says that this practice is now mandated at all the McDonald's restaurants in her region and the corporation has no intention of changing this policy.

I think that the policy is not only bad business practice but arrogant and authoritarian. I'm so mad about the corporation's intransigence on this point that I am considering boycotting the restaurant chain. What can I do?

Advise smb!

jordan0321 Jun 24, 2009

You could take a chill pill. Maybe continue to boycot McDonald's too since the amount of stress you must suffer on a day-to-day basis combined with their greasy food is going to give you a heart attack.

-Jordan