Maytag / maytag washer

United States Review updated:

We purchased a washer from Loews in NJ about 2 years ago Model MVWC565FWD and Serial Number C71341921. We did not take the warranty because we have a "worry free" contract with PSE&G, our local utility company in NJ. This Washer has needed significant service 5-6 times in the last 24 months. It has never worked right...I am emailing to respectfully demand that Maytag do the right thing and replace this "Lemon" with another Washing Machine. PSE&G was here this am and told us this machine looks like it is 10 years old on the inside. They have to come back and replace the entire gear mechanism which is just flat out wrong. Even though we do not have a warranty a washing machine this young should not have a fraction of the mechanical issues that it has. YOu can say no but I am prepared to take this complaint as high up the chain as I have to to get some resolution. And that's not a threat of any kind it just what I plan to do. This product is a defect.
My name is Robert Keegan
Address is 99 Lincoln ave in North Arlington NJ 07031 and my number is [protected].

Rk
May 15, 2019

Comments

• Sh
      May 16, 2019

Hi Robert. Appreciated reading your review. The model of Maytag you've listed is an extremely popular model. It's been produced by Maytag for several years now and has a pretty consistent rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Unfortunately it sounds as if you've chosen to rely upon warranty coverage provided by PSE&G. If their warranty is, in fact, "worry free" as you've stated and they have recommended having the unit replaced, I would suspect they would have some process for doing so. I might suggest contacting them and following their procedures in assisting you to a positive outcome.