Maytagmvwb765fw and mgdb765fw)

M

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a new washer and dryer set (Mvwb765fw and Mgdb765fw) on March 25th from my local Home Depot. Delivery took 2 weeks, I purchased extended warranties and installations... the works! The dryer did not work, at all! I called immediately for a replacement but had to wait an additional week for an inspector. After showing up and inspecting the dryer, the repairman asked we phone in for a replacement. We did, 3 times! Each time on hold for over 2 hrs only to be told Maytag would reach out within 48hrs to reschedule a delivery date for my replacement dryer. It is not a month later and I have received a new delivery date for May 9th!
Purchased my washer dryer set on the March 25th and have to wait until May 9th for it?!
I'm loosing sleep, money, I have a lot going on, I work from 8:30AM-8PM and Saturdays too!
I paid my set in full, paid extra for set up and protection and I feel like such an idiot for trusting this brand. This ordeal has added an unnecessary stress and the indignant way I've been treated is undeserving because I've been nothing but courteous to everyone I've contacted and beyond patient!
My daughter had major surgery last year, she gets sick often as a result, her clothing and sheets need to changed regularly. I've ruined clothes trying to sun dry. I've spent twice as much at the laundry and why? I paid in full for these units.
I have not received any compensation or bonus for the inconvenience, not even an apology for the turnaround time.
I tried to return for a full refund but Home Depot won't allow it and to add insult to injury they're not on sale for $100 less!!!
I feel like Micheal Douglas in Falling Down.
Please make this right. I contacted everyone and no resultion has been met. I never get through to anyone, only time is when Home Depot reps call for me :(

• Maytag's response · May 22, 2018

Mperezlloyd, we truly apologize for the frustrations that you have encountered with your Maytag® Dryer. Because your exchange is being done by Home Depot, you would need to contact them for further assistance. We are sorry that we could not help you further.

• Pa
    Paula - Michigan May 18, 2018

My 88-year old parents purchased a Maytag washer from Home Depot in Gaylord, Michigan on February 17, 2018. It stopped working May 3, 2018. Maytag repairman came on May 5 and May 9 but have not fixed the problem. It was determined on May 9 that a new control panel is needed and apparently was ordered. However, today is May 18 and I called the repairman earlier today and the part has not yet been delivered. Maytag support says they cannot trace the package sent via FedEx. Home Depot has a 48 hour return policy on appliances and won't take the washer back or replace it. Home Depot says the warranty is with Maytag and Maytag would have to refund/replace. Maytag says that is up to Home Depot where it was purchased. Never again will we buy Maytag appliances or any brand from Home Depot.