Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

buyer beware!

Have had no refrigerator since June 12, 2007. Have had the worse possible documented service from Maytag. They DO NOT CARE. Period. It is a sad day when a company as large as Maytag just does not care. I have been waiting for a part since the 12th, today is the 20th. I have called several times a day, I have been hung up on, yelled at, lied to and even spoke with a Senior Executive who basically told me he just doesn't care.

For $3000 save your money and go with a company that has reputable service. Don't just take my word for it, stay on the net and google Maytag ICE20... I found pages of complaints about this refrigerator and sent them to the Illinois Consumer Affairs Department...

• Ri
    Rita Jan 08, 2008

Maytag French Door Bottom Freezer, Model MFI 2568AEB purchased in June 2006 and immediately experienced problems with food freezing in bottom drawer and fruit drawer. Phoned for service while under warranty and repaired with no charge. A broken thermostat slider was the problem. Second problem occurred January 2008, damper door is opening and closing on it's own and dispenser lights are flashing when compressor turns on. Placed a call to Maytag and still awaiting response.

Encourage others to report problems to the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov (especially if you have property damage and Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov (complaint form). The more people that file formal complaints, the more likely a product recall will occur.

• Li
    Lisa Wintrode Feb 17, 2008

Icemaker Issue! Nightmare flapper opening/closing every 3 seconds 24 hours a day! Beeping, Buzzing, making horrible sounds, all lights flashing! It won 't stop, finally had to unplug it! I went to place where purchased, service was closed on weekend, salesman said he never heard of such a thing! Obviously many, many others have! Sounds like Maytag has produced a lemon! I spent a fortune on this refrigerator, recently went out of warranty 2 months ago, didn't purchase Extended Warranty, because it was supposed to be the best of the best!

Any class action suits??? I'm so disappointed with Maytag. 2 weeks out of warranty, our Maytag stove fried, melted entire back & it wasn't covered! So much for Maytag & Serviceman never needing service!! I feel this is false advertising.

poor after sale service!

Currently all of my appliances are Maytag covered by the Maytag Dependability Plus extended service plan. I called Maytag for two issues with my dishwasher ; a recall of the inner door liner and a noisy drain pump. Before the technician arrived my dishwasher worked, but was a bit noisy. After four visits by a technician from Metro factory Service set up by Maytag Dependability plus, a new entire motor was installed as well as the recall performed twice. As of this point my dishwasher no longer works. Each visit by the technician was late (after 5:00 PM, hours beyond the time I was told he would arrive. I did call Maytag dependability plus on this situation and was referred to an Escalation Team Supervisor who did leave me a phone mail. Over a period of a week, I palced six separate calls to the assigned Escalation Team member pleading for a return call. As of today, I have received no return call. In desperation, I did call Metro Factory Service to find out a second new motor was ordered. Unfortunately, each unsuccessful technician visit means that I must another week or so before the next service call is scheduled. To date I have lost 4 days of work waiting for the technician who ultimately shows up after 5:00 and have a dishwasher that does not work. the last technician who showed up seemed commented that the incompetent technician who worked on my dishwasher the first three times and incapacitated it has only 4 months experience and has a track record of botching repairs. At this point, I am completely frustrated by the lack of customer service on the part of Maytag dependability plus and well as Metro Factory Repair Service who just don't deem to care. As a result of this mess, I will never buy another Maytag product or renew the extended service plans on my existing appliances. I will certainly never use Metro Factory service for any repair.

• Co
    connie perez Aug 13, 2008

I HAVE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR AND I PURCHASED THE MAINTANCE AGREEMENT FOR IT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT I HAVE CALLED FOR THE SERIVCE AND THEY DO COME AND WORK ON IT BUT THE SAME THING KEEPS BREAKING DOWN ON IT THE LAST TIME THE REFRIGERATOR HAD A SHORT CIRCUIT ON THE DESPENCER AND CAUGHT ON FIRE AND MELTED ALL THE WIRING I DID CALL LAST MONTH AND I CALLED IT IN AGAIN FOR THE DESPENSER AND IT HAD SHORTED AGAIN . I KNOW THE LEMON LAW AND I CALLED IT IN TODAY AND ASKED THEM TO REPLACE THE UNIT BECAUSE I HAVE 5 KIDS THAT LIVE WITH ME AND I AM AFRAID THAT THEY WILL BE CAUGHT BY THEM SELFS WHEN I GO TO WORK . I SPOKE TO LORE WHO PUT ME THROGH TO ALAN HER SUPERVISOR AND THEY TOLD ME BECAUSE I BOUGHT A NEW CONTRACT THAT I HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN BEFORE THEY COULD CALL THE UNIT A LEMON. BUT MY RECORD SHOWS THAT HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 5 OR 6 TIMES AREADY . I INFORMED HIM THAT WHEN I CALLED ON JULY FOR SAME PROBLEM THE ASSOCIATE THAT HELP ME THEN TOLD ME IT HAD TO BE REPAIRED FOR THE SAME THING 4 TIMES AND THE CALL THAT DAY WAS THE 4 TIME .AND NOW IT IS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE DESPENSER I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS SITUTATION THE ASSOCIATE THAT I TAKED TO ON JULY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THAT RULE THAT WHEN WHICH I FEEL THAT THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED OR CARE ABOUT MY CHILDREN AND MY HOME IF IT CATCHES FIRE I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE .

• Si
    Sickofppl Aug 30, 2009

Caps lock is cruise control to your a ###.

add me to the club!

Add me to the club. My refrigerator is 14 months old and is on the brink of leaving me. Upon delivery a shelf bracket was broken. I had to drive to hhgregg to get one from a floor model, they did give me gas money and refund my delivery cost. Two months later the right door and an alignment problem, had to have a repairman to fix that. Now 14 months later no ice no water and no working top part of the refrigerator but the freezer still works. The flap that lets the ice out also has a mind of its own and very annoying. I had to shove a wash rag in the hole to keep it quiet. I do have a five year warranty and a repairman should be here June 7. For now we will try to feed a family of five from coolers and many icebags.

Model #MFI2568AEW Bought for $2,300

unfixable expensive junk

I purchased a Maytag Performa (Non-Performa) Washing Machine about a year and a half ago. It is the worst purchase ever. It is a piece of junk. Do not buy a Maytag product, they don't work and will continue to break and cost a fortune fixing them. I have heard that Whirlpool bought out Maytag and am now wondering if the Whirlpool brand will also be unfixable expensive junk.

• Pk
    pk young Jun 04, 2014

Kenmore HE2 front loader machine, bought my dream set in blue 6 years ago. Washer died after 6 years and we are seniors with small loads always. Repairman charged us close to 150 dollars to tell us it was not cost effective to fixThe tripod broke..both drums would have to be replaced..would cost more than both washer and dryer originally cost to replace.He called it a premature failure...ya think? Blue is no longer available! We went back to a white top loader and want to warn anyone else to NOT purchase these machines! It always sounded like a jet was taking off in your laundry room.

avoid a whole lot of headache!

Over a year ago, my partner and I purchased a new compact washer and dryer set from Whirlpool on the recommendation of our local dealer. Though there are a few quirky features (to the washer in particular), we were generally pleased with our purchase. For an additional $99.00 we invested in a “Maytag Dependability Plus” Certificate which boasts that it is “. . . a valuable tool in helping you avoid unexpected repair expenses . . .” It is valid for 5 years from the date of purchase.

A little over a year passed since the date of purchase and the problems started. The washer was not spinning during its cycle, leaving the clothes soaking wet and soapy. The door would not open after the cycle was “done”, holding our clothes hostage until they began to mildew. It was time to use our “Maytag Dependability Plus”.

Upon my first call to Maytag, I discovered that we were mistakenly documented as having (2) dryers instead of (1) washer and (1) dryer. Even though the model #s and serial #s corresponded to (1) washer and (1) dryer, we were subjected to a 3 week wait before the wording on the certificate was changed so that service could be scheduled. Four weeks after my initial call, a technician came out to examine the machine. He poked around a bit and determined that some parts needed to be ordered to fix the problem. One week passed, the parts arrived, and I scheduled the next service visit. The technician returned and decided that these parts were not the ones in question and that a new set of parts needed to be ordered to fix the problem. We patiently waited ten more days for the new parts to arrive. I scheduled the third visit. The technician returned and again determined that he did not have sufficient parts - he placed a third order for parts. Throughout this process, we did not see any advances toward the function or “dependability” of our washer.

I put in several calls to Maytag during this odyssey outlining the problems with the service. I got the run around each time and was told that I did not qualify for a replacement washer. The certificate states that after (4) visits to repair the same part, they will replace the unit with a new one (the Lemon Law). That’s where they have you - the technician has ordered one part after another, never the same part twice. Under this policy, we will surely endure the next five years without a washer before the same part is ordered four times.

Two months without laundry and at least three days taken away from work far outweighs the $99.00 spent on our “Maytag Dependability Plus” coverage. Had we foreseen the money and time lost to horrible service, we certainly would have spent the extra money up front to procure much nicer, more dependable, Bosch or LG units and we would have avoided a whole lot of headache.

dont buy maytag or their extended warranty

My complaint is against Maytag and Maytag Dependability Plus (the extended warranty). I bought a Maytag washer in November 2003, I then bought the extended warranty thru Maytag Dependability Plus in November 2004. In February 2005 I had to call for service because my machine was making a horrible screeching sound and water was leaking out of the front of the machine. The maytag repairman came out to fix the problem. Then in November of the same year I had to call again for the same problem, well it turned out to be an ongoing problem. I would call when it screeches, they would come out and lubricate it, that lubrication would last about a month or two then I would have to call them again, well this happened over and over again. I have called them for this problem about 6 times. The last time they had a technician from a local appliance repair shop (I guess all the lonely Maytag repairmen were busy) Well he knew exactly what the problem was immediately and said he would have to order parts. Maytag Dependability Plus called me back a few days later to let me know that I have reached my service limit, meaning that the service calls have now exceeded the amount I paid for the washer and they would not provide any more service to me unless I paid for it. Well this floored me because I thought that was the reason I bought the extended warranty in the first place so if something does go wrong with the washer I would be covered. NO, thats not right. So, I said OK then obviously I must have bought a "lemon" and we can go about it that way. NO, in order for it to be a "lemon" they must have repaired the same problem three times. I argued that they have been here at least 6 times for the same problem and their argument was they haven't "repaired" it three times, they only lubricated it. So now my washer has completely seized up, my floors are flooded and I had to go out and buy a new washer as this argument has been going on for over two months now, and all over a washer that lasted 3 years!

Maytag and Maytag Dependability Plus does not care about their customers at all.

• Wi
    Willene Jodan Sep 12, 2007

I bought a dependable Maytag washer 3 1/2 years ago. My extended warranty was also with Maytag Dependability Plus. After a year they had to install a new transmission and two weeks ago after a flood in my laundry room they informed me it would be too expensive to repair and they are "buying me out" for $142.00 (wow). The only recourse I have is to go to court and that ofcourse is too expensive. They know know that no one will take them to court so that is how they get away with doing what they wish. So after 3 1/2 years I too have to purchase a new washer. So much for the dependable Maytag. I want to scream everytime I see the Maytag repairman comercial on TV. No wonder he is bored, he doesn't have to repair broken Maytags.

rebates refused!

I remodeled 3 Luxury Condos and spent over $40,000 at Home Depot... I purchased 10 applianced with UPGRADES... This was to entitle me to $775 of instore rebates! Well. they sent my $125 and five emails to supervisors at the Rebate Center did no good... The HD salesman had the internal memo describing the rebate program so he called a "Special Agent of Rebates" and confirmed the $775 in rebates and promised them in three weeks! He said "TO DESTROY THE OLD CARDS WORTH $125 AND HE WOULD SEND ME THE $775 CARD. Well, two months later I received a card for $500 with no explanation and I am short $275! This has been TWELVE MONTHS SINCE MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE... Home Depot plays the " stonewall game" and nothing happens... They have rally Screwed me... The Local Store Manager has told me at least five times he will solve... nothing happens! He even said he would give me credit on merchandise if I did not get the cards but nothing happens... This Company has messed up everything I have ever done with them from carpet to cabinets to delivery... They delivered 12 heavy packets of 16" tile broken... said they had to leave them! 5 months later I had to pack them up and take them in to get the credit...

Earl Apprill, Branson, Missouri

• Cr
    crashtestkittie Feb 15, 2008

This is Bull**** hd has their own rebate center and you are dumping on maytag about hd gift cards. Maytag has nothing to do with hd rebates or their gift cards, although there are rebates that Maytag processed, hd gift cards have nothing to do with Maytag. Also just go you know.... i process rebates and i know that if the rebates were denied, it's because the customer F***ed up when they filled out the formes. All the forms are writen in legal guidlines and they are always followed so if you didn't get your rebates it's your oun fault.

• Ca
    CATHY Sep 21, 2008

WE PURCHASED A MAYTAG DISHWASHER IN MAY - MAYTAG'S REBATE MONTH. MAYTAG ADVERTIZED A $50 REBATE ON THE DISHWASHER. WE STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REBATE AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 21ST. MY HUSBAND HAS CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AND EACH ONE TELLS HIM TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER. THE WEBSITE HAS SAID THE REBATE IS IN PROCESSING SINCE MAY 17TH. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS???? ANY SUGGESTIONS????? I HATE REBATES! WHY DON'T THEY JUST MARK IT DOWN THE $50. I KNOW THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE FORGET OR GIVE UP. THAT'S HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY. WELL, WE'RE NOT GIVING UP!!!

• Jc
    JC27 Jun 17, 2013

I see I'm not alone! I jumped through all the right hoops, sent in pre-authorization and found out yesterday receipt I sent in "didn't show a qualifying purchase for this offer" AARGH! Even though I picked the model from other top rated choices specifically because it was on the list. Of course now I can't locate the paperwork, but I'll keep looking, it's here somewhere. Happy with the dryer, not the rebate results.

• Sh
    Shelly List Sep 05, 2015

I am also still waiting for my rebate. The rebate was good through 5/31 and I made my purchase on 5/24. I processed the rebate online and in July I got a notice that my purchase was not within the rebate timeframe specified (which was false). I mailed in the same information with the date of purchase highlighted and all the other original paper work the same day in July. I've tried to live chat with Maytag (not available), tried emailing customer service and one of the options is marked *required...but nothing appears when I click on the arrows. SO frustrating...and I agree they are taking their time to allow me to forget about the rebate. I won't by a Maytag again after this experience!!!

Shelly List
    Salescheck #: 093002741556
    Order Date: 24-May-2015
    ITEM DETAILS
    Item# 02219322000
    KSN# 8204961
    Mfr# MDB8969SDH
    Description: Maytag 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ Stainless Steel Silverware Basket - White w/ Stainless Handle
    UPC: 883049331430
    Description: Kenmore Dishwasher Installation Kit
    UPC: 098268464092

• Mi
    Mike Speth Oct 10, 2015

I too just got screwed in a Maytag rebate. Bought a washer dryer set at Lowes in September. The receipt had printed instruction about how to submit for a $100 rebate. The same day that Lowes delivered and installed our new washer and dryer I used the on-line option to submit for my rebate. That was 7 September 2015. Today, 10 October 2015, I received a letter from Maytag saying that they could not process my rebate because they did not have a receipt for the purchase. The letter said that I must submit the receipt to them no later than 5 October... well their letter was dated 21 September but didn't get to me until today 10 October. I'm sure that Maytag is gaming the rebate programs. I am going to call them on their next working day (today is a weekend and Monday is a holiday. I will also ask Lowe's to stop selling their products with any sort of rebate information.
    Probably won't do any good but I'll be another voice in this scam world.
    Mike

[Resolved] spin cycle problems

FYI Maytag Atlantis washer owners re: spin cycle problems. I wasted a lot of time trying to find out what wa...

no more maytag for me!

Approximately 6 weeks ago I called Maytag Dependability Plus to schedule repairs to my Maytag front loader washer. I was told that they would have to locate an authorized repairman in my area. After approximately 10 days a repairman came to my home, checked washer & advised that the part would have to be ordered. After 4 weeks & numerous calls, the repairman called & said that the part was in, but could only pick up the appliance on Wednesdays only. My husband took a day off from work to be home on the appointed day. Day of appointment, secretary called & advised that there was a conflict & appliance could not be picked up until following Wednesday. My husband informed caller that he had taken a day off from work & that the appliance needed to be picked up as arranged. My husband asked that the serviceman call to discuss matter. Serviceman called & advised that the appliance could not be picked up until the next Wednesday. My husband told the serviceman where to stick the part & his company, in not so nice terms.

I called Maytag Dependability Plus to ask that the service order to Gorman Brothers be cancelled & another serviceman. Even after explaining the situation, I was advised that the order could not be cancelled. I then called Maytag directly, explained the situation and was advised to call A & E Referral Services. Upon calling the referral service, I was advised that without an authorization from Maytag Dependability Plus, I could not use my service contract. I again called Maytag Dependability Plus & was again told there was nothing they could do. I called Maytag manufacturers again & was advised to call Maytag Dependability Plus back & insist on speaking to a supervisor, which I did. The supervisor told me that he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do.

So the bottom line is, I pay to have my washer repaired or I just use the washer until it breaks down completely & then go out & buy a new one. Either way, you can bet that I will not purchase another Maytag appliance or a service contract from anyone, nor will I make a purchase from Gorman Brothers Appliance in Prairieville, LA

won't spin and drain correctly!

Do not buy this machine! I paid good money for this machine and with in the year we have nothing but problems. First of all it "walks" all over the place. But we fixed that by putting a 1 in thick rubber mat underneath the machine. It also doesn't spin all of the way so I have to keep resetting it on to "extended spin". This may take SEVERAL times especially on towels, jeans, sweatshirts etc. Sometime taking several hours to do one load! When the repair man came out I was told that my house wasn't built correctly and I should have my husband reinforce the floors underneath the house. I didn't realize the serviceman was an expert contractor also. My house is only 8 years old and I am confident that it was built properly and easily passed inspection. The serviceman kept making excuses, I never had any type of problem like this with my old washer and dryer. This is so ridiculous! Energy efficient my a--! Maybe saves some water but cerftainly not on electricity! ( We were also told not to use the drawers underneath it either. They may also cause instability. You know those drawers that are $200.00 a piece.) I will never buy another Maytag of any kind!

• Mj
    MJ Mar 26, 2007

I just replaced my Maytag Neptune, 2001, after years of BAD performance. My husband bought them for me (dryer too) thinking what a great investment they would be.

I started noticing odor right away, & my clothes never seemed to be clean.I cannot tell you how many times, I had to wash a load 3 times to get it clean. We purchased the machines at Home depot in Ellsworth Maine. A few times the machine leaked, & it smelled like it was burning.

A local repair man told me it was not worth fixing. I am glad to have an inexpensive regular washer, I have had smelly laundry way too long. Maytag owes us.

maytag's customer service is awful!

I am now 3 weeks without use of my Maytag dishwasher because it has been recalled for starting house fire...

recall and details replacement problems!

The dishwasher was listed on a recall, I called in as I had already had two fire from my Maytag side by side frig, I had to replace a five year old $1200 appliance. The parts were shipped and a serviceman came out on the 20th of Feb. Appt was to be between 8 and 12, he arrived at 2:30, at five he says he has to go out to truck and will be right back in, 15 min. later he came in and said that there was something else wrong and Maytag would have to come and fix it, said earliest would be 27th. I heard nothing from anyone, so the 23rd I called and was told that someone would be here the 27th between 8 and 12. At 1 P.M. on the 27th I called and was told I was the last call and it would be about 4:30. I was furious as I do day care and I had to rearrange my schedule but this put having a repair man in my kitchen as I fed the kids snacks and fixed dinner. This also would be running in to pick up time. At three the man called and asked if I had the part, I knew nothing of a needed part, I was told loose wires, he didn't explain himself just hung up. I called A and E and was told that the part?? had never been ordered and I would have to wait. For an hour I was shuffled back and forth with no answer, today a service rep. called and said to call and schedule after I got the part. I told her this was unacceptable as I had a problem with my leg that I cannot stand and do dishes three times a day for an indefinite period, got no response. I called Whirlpool, now I have the choice of paying someone and seeking legal recourse, or letting this badly run company back in my house.

• Bi
    Bill Macfarlane Mar 07, 2007

I have a Matag dishwasher that has been recalled. It has been found that it will catch on fire if you have used a liquid rinse agent. I followed their instructions to a T and I am still washing my dishes by hand many weeks later. I cannot use the dishwasher for fear that it will burn my house down, the parts to solve the problem are on backorder and who knows when they will be in, and the final solution is a $75 voucher for another "piece of Maytag (Whirlpool) junk" which might cost me as much as $500. A word to the wise, Stay away from Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana, Kitchen Aide! They could care less that I bought a product in good faith and I cannot use it. I am stuck. Garbage, just Garbage!

• St
    Steven M. Grubiak Mar 22, 2007

Beware of this recall and stay away from Whirlpool-Maytag.

I will never buy a Maytag (Whirlpool or any of its associated brand names) again.

The repairmen came five times to my house. On the first visit, they had no idea what to do with the recall parts. They asked to take them and the instructions back to the shop to study. They returned and took an hour and a half to install the recall "fix" and in the process blew the previously functioning dishwasher's switches because they wired it incorrectly.

It is almost two months and I still don't have a functioning dishwasher.

I made about a dozen phone calls to Maytag; sent letters to Whirlpool Corporation (without a hint of a reply). I have had five visits from Maytag repairmen (and they claim in their ads that he never has to go out), and I'm still washing dishes by hand. I wouldn't let the original repairmen back in my home, and asked for a new repairman (who is still hampered by Maytag's "backordered" part). Since mid-February Maytag has been telling me that the part had to be backordered.

How can a major corporation not have parts or quick access to parts to repair its own products? Why should a consumer pay for appliances that are defectively designed or don't function at all? From the negative complaints about Maytag-Whirlpool that I'm seeing on the internet and in the media, the Maytag repairman won't be coming out often, as there won't be that many of their products out there to repair. Her certainly won't be coming to my house.

Stay clear of Whirlpool--a lot of junk appliances made in Mexico.

Ann Friday Mar 28, 2007

I have had the same abysmal lack of service from Maytag and my local service company. The recall was performed Feb. 20, but following installation of the recall kit - service technician was unable to restart my dishwasher. He promised, and indeed supposedly ordered while still in my home, a new motor; motor was to be sent to me and installed at no cost when I rescheduled service. You might guess I have received no motor, no one at the local company knows anything about this situation, no one at Maytag knows about this situation; furthermore, neither company (General Service Co. of San Antonio, TX, or Maytag) seems to care one iota. I have been without a dishwasher for well over one month with absolutely no hope that this will be straightened out by Maytag. In fact, after dozens of calls and a detailed chart of my chronology which I sent certified mail to Maytag's Customer Service address in Cleveland, TN, I get angrier and angrier; the situation gets murkier and murkier. To add insult to injury, I received a few days ago, another recall repair kit by FedEx... not the part I need. When my certified mail to Maytag apparently elicited a phone call from someone (Amanda) yesterday, she informed me that General Service Co. did not have any record of servicing my house. DUH. That is the problem. I have an installed recall part in my dishwasher - which I did not order nor install by myself! And yet, my dishwasher is not working. All I want is for my dishwasher to work as it did before it was serviced!!! I will NEVER buy another Maytag product of any kind ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. And I will advise everyone I know to do the same. At this point, I feel there is no recourse but to tear this out and get another machine. But I am not happy about it!!!

• He
    Heleln Jun 12, 2008

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB9100AWW

Purchased 7 years ago, recommended top 5 dishwashers by Canadian Consumer Report for cleaning ability, dollar value etc. The reason it got such good ratings for cleaning is because it has a very low volume capacity for dishes to the point of almost ridiculous. Two of us fill it daily! Today I'm shopping for a new dishwasher (7 yrs. later) because the lower rack needs replacing due to the coating peeling off ($150.00) and the electronic panel is fried ($150.00+) and the unit no longer works.

I "used" to be a Maytag fan.

[Resolved] multiple product defects!

We bought a Maytag Performa a few years ago, maybe 5. For a couple of years now it has continually gone off...

may maytag rest in peace and the corporation dies!

I bought a Maytag FAV6800AWW Top Loading Washer from Sears in Aug 2004 for $1050.. In about 6 months the washer was off balanced due to a bra wire. Since it was under warranty the repairmen fixed it with a service charge.

In Jan 2007, one day, there was scratching noise and so we called the repairmen for $40.00. His estimate to fix this damn machine was a whopping $495 + tax. Decided not to fix this junk and bought a Whirlpool WTW5810SW Top Loading Washer for $479 from Costco.

May Maytag rest in peace and the corporation dies. The patheticity is Whirlpool bought Maytag...Why?

does not honor warranty

We have a Jenn Air range stove and the grill portion was not working properly. We had purchased the...

[Resolved] problems with the ice maker!

I bought my maytag ice2o French door refrigerator from home depot 8 mos ago. Loved it when I got it, but soon...

[Resolved] piece of junk!

This dishwasher is terrible. It's two years old and I've had nothing but problems with it after a...

no more maytag in the future!

Purchased a new Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator from Lowes in June 2006. Lowes took our old refrigerator, so we kept all our cold and frozen items in freezer chests until the new Maytag had the proper temperatures.

Five hours went by and the new Maytag was not cold.

We called Lowes and they said that it may take up to 12 hours before the cooling kicks in. 12 hours went by and still no cold. We called Lowes again, they gave us a Maytag number to call. Maytag told us that it could take up to 24 hours.

The next day, 24 hours gone, still no cold temps in the Maytag. By this time our food in the freezer chests was beginning to spoil. We called Maytag again, they said it must have malfunctioned and to call Lowes. Lowes said that they would bring another refrigerator, which they did the next day. However, by then, all our food was spoiled.

Lowes said they would replace the refrigerator, but could not replace the food - that was Maytag's responsibility. We called Maytag the same day, but they said they could not replace the food because we had not purchased an extended warranty. We were very surprised because we thought the refrigerator should at least work when brand new and that the original warranty should cover everything. Maytag had no sympathy, said that it was something we would have to live with and that they would rush a new refrigerator to us.

We decided that another Maytag was not in our future. We called Lowes, which was very sympathetic, cancelled the Maytag and ordered a GE Profile Bottom Freezer. It has worked perfectly and has several features we liked much better, especially the storage in the bottom freezer and the dual temperature displays in the upper section.

will not honor extended coverage!

I contacted Maytag at [protected], gave them my certificate number of the extended coverage contract that is good through the end of 09/06/2008 and was advised that they no longer cover the Sky Box. They gave me another number to call and it took me to the same voice mail - hit an button - and get the runaround again.

The item is the Maytag Sky Box that I purchased at Home Depot and I purchased the Certificate of Coverage direct from Maytag Dependability Plus.

• Da
    Darwin Maring Apr 07, 2007

This is a follow-up of my previous complaint about the Maytag SkyBox.

I kept at it, got the runaround and finally received a call where they offered to buy out my maintenance contract for $500. I took the deal, received the money and now have a SkyBox that cools but will not dispense and $500 in the bank.

Don't give up.

• He
    hever castro Jun 07, 2008

I have also been scammed by the company skybox, INC www.skybox.net

People who have also been scammed by www.skybox.net or Lanbox.net they are the same company. you can submmit your complain through the website of Attorney General of Florida http://myfloridalegal.com/contact in this site you can download the complain form and send it to the florida authorities in order to open an investigation. i have already sent this complain to them, but if we join our efforts they will probably take this situation more seriuosly.

you can also find some help here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fcb.shtm
    www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/csd/

I have also been victim of fraud by this company skybox.net for the amount of 3013, 74 USD

Best Regards

Hever Castro

recurring problem with self clean and no heat in oven

We purchased a beautiful stainless steel, glass top, hidden element Maytag range in mid-2005. After we performed the self clean mode, the oven did not heat up any more. We had almost every part on the range replaced, more than once. Maytag kept insisting that the service company try one more thing, one more thing. Their last suggestion was for the service company to modify the engineering on the range. The service company refused. After months and months of service calls to fix this recurring problem, Maytag has finally agreed to refund the entire value of the range. Luckily for us, we noticed the problem before the 1-year warranty was up and all service calls were included under warranty, even though their last service call was way past the warranty period. Not that any of this has been easy, we have been arguing with Maytag for months about service costs and replacement value. When I get my refund, I WILL NOT be purchasing another Maytag range.