Having problems with Maytag?

1818 329 2100 (Mexico)
+1 800 344 1274 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

rebates refused!

I remodeled 3 Luxury Condos and spent over $40,000 at Home Depot... I purchased 10 applianced with UPGRADES... This was to entitle me to $775 of instore rebates! Well. they sent my $125 and five emails to supervisors at the Rebate Center did no good... The HD salesman had the internal memo describing the rebate program so he called a "Special Agent of Rebates" and confirmed the $775 in rebates and promised them in three weeks! He said "TO DESTROY THE OLD CARDS WORTH $125 AND HE WOULD SEND ME THE $775 CARD. Well, two months later I received a card for $500 with no explanation and I am short $275! This has been TWELVE MONTHS SINCE MY ORIGINAL PURCHASE... Home Depot plays the " stonewall game" and nothing happens... They have rally Screwed me... The Local Store Manager has told me at least five times he will solve... nothing happens! He even said he would give me credit on merchandise if I did not get the cards but nothing happens... This Company has messed up everything I have ever done with them from carpet to cabinets to delivery... They delivered 12 heavy packets of 16" tile broken... said they had to leave them! 5 months later I had to pack them up and take them in to get the credit...

Earl Apprill, Branson, Missouri

• Cr
    crashtestkittie Feb 15, 2008

This is Bull**** hd has their own rebate center and you are dumping on maytag about hd gift cards. Maytag has nothing to do with hd rebates or their gift cards, although there are rebates that Maytag processed, hd gift cards have nothing to do with Maytag. Also just go you know.... i process rebates and i know that if the rebates were denied, it's because the customer F***ed up when they filled out the formes. All the forms are writen in legal guidlines and they are always followed so if you didn't get your rebates it's your oun fault.

• Ca
    CATHY Sep 21, 2008

WE PURCHASED A MAYTAG DISHWASHER IN MAY - MAYTAG'S REBATE MONTH. MAYTAG ADVERTIZED A $50 REBATE ON THE DISHWASHER. WE STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REBATE AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 21ST. MY HUSBAND HAS CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AND EACH ONE TELLS HIM TO CALL ANOTHER NUMBER. THE WEBSITE HAS SAID THE REBATE IS IN PROCESSING SINCE MAY 17TH. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS???? ANY SUGGESTIONS????? I HATE REBATES! WHY DON'T THEY JUST MARK IT DOWN THE $50. I KNOW THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE FORGET OR GIVE UP. THAT'S HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY. WELL, WE'RE NOT GIVING UP!!!

• Jc
    JC27 Jun 17, 2013

I see I'm not alone! I jumped through all the right hoops, sent in pre-authorization and found out yesterday receipt I sent in "didn't show a qualifying purchase for this offer" AARGH! Even though I picked the model from other top rated choices specifically because it was on the list. Of course now I can't locate the paperwork, but I'll keep looking, it's here somewhere. Happy with the dryer, not the rebate results.

• Sh
    Shelly List Sep 05, 2015

I am also still waiting for my rebate. The rebate was good through 5/31 and I made my purchase on 5/24. I processed the rebate online and in July I got a notice that my purchase was not within the rebate timeframe specified (which was false). I mailed in the same information with the date of purchase highlighted and all the other original paper work the same day in July. I've tried to live chat with Maytag (not available), tried emailing customer service and one of the options is marked *required...but nothing appears when I click on the arrows. SO frustrating...and I agree they are taking their time to allow me to forget about the rebate. I won't by a Maytag again after this experience!!!

Shelly List
    Salescheck #: 093002741556
    Order Date: 24-May-2015
    ITEM DETAILS
    Item# 02219322000
    KSN# 8204961
    Mfr# MDB8969SDH
    Description: Maytag 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ Stainless Steel Silverware Basket - White w/ Stainless Handle
    UPC: 883049331430
    Description: Kenmore Dishwasher Installation Kit
    UPC: 098268464092

• Mi
    Mike Speth Oct 10, 2015

I too just got screwed in a Maytag rebate. Bought a washer dryer set at Lowes in September. The receipt had printed instruction about how to submit for a $100 rebate. The same day that Lowes delivered and installed our new washer and dryer I used the on-line option to submit for my rebate. That was 7 September 2015. Today, 10 October 2015, I received a letter from Maytag saying that they could not process my rebate because they did not have a receipt for the purchase. The letter said that I must submit the receipt to them no later than 5 October... well their letter was dated 21 September but didn't get to me until today 10 October. I'm sure that Maytag is gaming the rebate programs. I am going to call them on their next working day (today is a weekend and Monday is a holiday. I will also ask Lowe's to stop selling their products with any sort of rebate information.
    Probably won't do any good but I'll be another voice in this scam world.
    Mike

[Resolved] spin cycle problems

FYI Maytag Atlantis washer owners re: spin cycle problems. I wasted a lot of time trying to find out what wa...

no more maytag for me!

Approximately 6 weeks ago I called Maytag Dependability Plus to schedule repairs to my Maytag front loader washer. I was told that they would have to locate an authorized repairman in my area. After approximately 10 days a repairman came to my home, checked washer & advised that the part would have to be ordered. After 4 weeks & numerous calls, the repairman called & said that the part was in, but could only pick up the appliance on Wednesdays only. My husband took a day off from work to be home on the appointed day. Day of appointment, secretary called & advised that there was a conflict & appliance could not be picked up until following Wednesday. My husband informed caller that he had taken a day off from work & that the appliance needed to be picked up as arranged. My husband asked that the serviceman call to discuss matter. Serviceman called & advised that the appliance could not be picked up until the next Wednesday. My husband told the serviceman where to stick the part & his company, in not so nice terms.

I called Maytag Dependability Plus to ask that the service order to Gorman Brothers be cancelled & another serviceman. Even after explaining the situation, I was advised that the order could not be cancelled. I then called Maytag directly, explained the situation and was advised to call A & E Referral Services. Upon calling the referral service, I was advised that without an authorization from Maytag Dependability Plus, I could not use my service contract. I again called Maytag Dependability Plus & was again told there was nothing they could do. I called Maytag manufacturers again & was advised to call Maytag Dependability Plus back & insist on speaking to a supervisor, which I did. The supervisor told me that he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do.

So the bottom line is, I pay to have my washer repaired or I just use the washer until it breaks down completely & then go out & buy a new one. Either way, you can bet that I will not purchase another Maytag appliance or a service contract from anyone, nor will I make a purchase from Gorman Brothers Appliance in Prairieville, LA

won't spin and drain correctly!

Do not buy this machine! I paid good money for this machine and with in the year we have nothing but problems. First of all it "walks" all over the place. But we fixed that by putting a 1 in thick rubber mat underneath the machine. It also doesn't spin all of the way so I have to keep resetting it on to "extended spin". This may take SEVERAL times especially on towels, jeans, sweatshirts etc. Sometime taking several hours to do one load! When the repair man came out I was told that my house wasn't built correctly and I should have my husband reinforce the floors underneath the house. I didn't realize the serviceman was an expert contractor also. My house is only 8 years old and I am confident that it was built properly and easily passed inspection. The serviceman kept making excuses, I never had any type of problem like this with my old washer and dryer. This is so ridiculous! Energy efficient my a--! Maybe saves some water but cerftainly not on electricity! ( We were also told not to use the drawers underneath it either. They may also cause instability. You know those drawers that are $200.00 a piece.) I will never buy another Maytag of any kind!

• Mj
    MJ Mar 26, 2007

I just replaced my Maytag Neptune, 2001, after years of BAD performance. My husband bought them for me (dryer too) thinking what a great investment they would be.

I started noticing odor right away, & my clothes never seemed to be clean.I cannot tell you how many times, I had to wash a load 3 times to get it clean. We purchased the machines at Home depot in Ellsworth Maine. A few times the machine leaked, & it smelled like it was burning.

A local repair man told me it was not worth fixing. I am glad to have an inexpensive regular washer, I have had smelly laundry way too long. Maytag owes us.

maytag's customer service is awful!

I am now 3 weeks without use of my Maytag dishwasher because it has been recalled for starting house fire...

recall and details replacement problems!

The dishwasher was listed on a recall, I called in as I had already had two fire from my Maytag side by side frig, I had to replace a five year old $1200 appliance. The parts were shipped and a serviceman came out on the 20th of Feb. Appt was to be between 8 and 12, he arrived at 2:30, at five he says he has to go out to truck and will be right back in, 15 min. later he came in and said that there was something else wrong and Maytag would have to come and fix it, said earliest would be 27th. I heard nothing from anyone, so the 23rd I called and was told that someone would be here the 27th between 8 and 12. At 1 P.M. on the 27th I called and was told I was the last call and it would be about 4:30. I was furious as I do day care and I had to rearrange my schedule but this put having a repair man in my kitchen as I fed the kids snacks and fixed dinner. This also would be running in to pick up time. At three the man called and asked if I had the part, I knew nothing of a needed part, I was told loose wires, he didn't explain himself just hung up. I called A and E and was told that the part?? had never been ordered and I would have to wait. For an hour I was shuffled back and forth with no answer, today a service rep. called and said to call and schedule after I got the part. I told her this was unacceptable as I had a problem with my leg that I cannot stand and do dishes three times a day for an indefinite period, got no response. I called Whirlpool, now I have the choice of paying someone and seeking legal recourse, or letting this badly run company back in my house.

• Bi
    Bill Macfarlane Mar 07, 2007

I have a Matag dishwasher that has been recalled. It has been found that it will catch on fire if you have used a liquid rinse agent. I followed their instructions to a T and I am still washing my dishes by hand many weeks later. I cannot use the dishwasher for fear that it will burn my house down, the parts to solve the problem are on backorder and who knows when they will be in, and the final solution is a $75 voucher for another "piece of Maytag (Whirlpool) junk" which might cost me as much as $500. A word to the wise, Stay away from Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana, Kitchen Aide! They could care less that I bought a product in good faith and I cannot use it. I am stuck. Garbage, just Garbage!

• St
    Steven M. Grubiak Mar 22, 2007

Beware of this recall and stay away from Whirlpool-Maytag.

I will never buy a Maytag (Whirlpool or any of its associated brand names) again.

The repairmen came five times to my house. On the first visit, they had no idea what to do with the recall parts. They asked to take them and the instructions back to the shop to study. They returned and took an hour and a half to install the recall "fix" and in the process blew the previously functioning dishwasher's switches because they wired it incorrectly.

It is almost two months and I still don't have a functioning dishwasher.

I made about a dozen phone calls to Maytag; sent letters to Whirlpool Corporation (without a hint of a reply). I have had five visits from Maytag repairmen (and they claim in their ads that he never has to go out), and I'm still washing dishes by hand. I wouldn't let the original repairmen back in my home, and asked for a new repairman (who is still hampered by Maytag's "backordered" part). Since mid-February Maytag has been telling me that the part had to be backordered.

How can a major corporation not have parts or quick access to parts to repair its own products? Why should a consumer pay for appliances that are defectively designed or don't function at all? From the negative complaints about Maytag-Whirlpool that I'm seeing on the internet and in the media, the Maytag repairman won't be coming out often, as there won't be that many of their products out there to repair. Her certainly won't be coming to my house.

Stay clear of Whirlpool--a lot of junk appliances made in Mexico.

Ann Friday Mar 28, 2007

I have had the same abysmal lack of service from Maytag and my local service company. The recall was performed Feb. 20, but following installation of the recall kit - service technician was unable to restart my dishwasher. He promised, and indeed supposedly ordered while still in my home, a new motor; motor was to be sent to me and installed at no cost when I rescheduled service. You might guess I have received no motor, no one at the local company knows anything about this situation, no one at Maytag knows about this situation; furthermore, neither company (General Service Co. of San Antonio, TX, or Maytag) seems to care one iota. I have been without a dishwasher for well over one month with absolutely no hope that this will be straightened out by Maytag. In fact, after dozens of calls and a detailed chart of my chronology which I sent certified mail to Maytag's Customer Service address in Cleveland, TN, I get angrier and angrier; the situation gets murkier and murkier. To add insult to injury, I received a few days ago, another recall repair kit by FedEx... not the part I need. When my certified mail to Maytag apparently elicited a phone call from someone (Amanda) yesterday, she informed me that General Service Co. did not have any record of servicing my house. DUH. That is the problem. I have an installed recall part in my dishwasher - which I did not order nor install by myself! And yet, my dishwasher is not working. All I want is for my dishwasher to work as it did before it was serviced!!! I will NEVER buy another Maytag product of any kind ever, ever, ever, ever, ever. And I will advise everyone I know to do the same. At this point, I feel there is no recourse but to tear this out and get another machine. But I am not happy about it!!!

• He
    Heleln Jun 12, 2008

Maytag Dishwasher Model MDB9100AWW

Purchased 7 years ago, recommended top 5 dishwashers by Canadian Consumer Report for cleaning ability, dollar value etc. The reason it got such good ratings for cleaning is because it has a very low volume capacity for dishes to the point of almost ridiculous. Two of us fill it daily! Today I'm shopping for a new dishwasher (7 yrs. later) because the lower rack needs replacing due to the coating peeling off ($150.00) and the electronic panel is fried ($150.00+) and the unit no longer works.

I "used" to be a Maytag fan.

[Resolved] multiple product defects!

We bought a Maytag Performa a few years ago, maybe 5. For a couple of years now it has continually gone off...

may maytag rest in peace and the corporation dies!

I bought a Maytag FAV6800AWW Top Loading Washer from Sears in Aug 2004 for $1050.. In about 6 months the washer was off balanced due to a bra wire. Since it was under warranty the repairmen fixed it with a service charge.

In Jan 2007, one day, there was scratching noise and so we called the repairmen for $40.00. His estimate to fix this damn machine was a whopping $495 + tax. Decided not to fix this junk and bought a Whirlpool WTW5810SW Top Loading Washer for $479 from Costco.

May Maytag rest in peace and the corporation dies. The patheticity is Whirlpool bought Maytag...Why?

does not honor warranty

We have a Jenn Air range stove and the grill portion was not working properly. We had purchased the...

[Resolved] problems with the ice maker!

I bought my maytag ice2o French door refrigerator from home depot 8 mos ago. Loved it when I got it, but soon...

[Resolved] piece of junk!

This dishwasher is terrible. It's two years old and I've had nothing but problems with it after a...

no more maytag in the future!

Purchased a new Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator from Lowes in June 2006. Lowes took our old refrigerator, so we kept all our cold and frozen items in freezer chests until the new Maytag had the proper temperatures.

Five hours went by and the new Maytag was not cold.

We called Lowes and they said that it may take up to 12 hours before the cooling kicks in. 12 hours went by and still no cold. We called Lowes again, they gave us a Maytag number to call. Maytag told us that it could take up to 24 hours.

The next day, 24 hours gone, still no cold temps in the Maytag. By this time our food in the freezer chests was beginning to spoil. We called Maytag again, they said it must have malfunctioned and to call Lowes. Lowes said that they would bring another refrigerator, which they did the next day. However, by then, all our food was spoiled.

Lowes said they would replace the refrigerator, but could not replace the food - that was Maytag's responsibility. We called Maytag the same day, but they said they could not replace the food because we had not purchased an extended warranty. We were very surprised because we thought the refrigerator should at least work when brand new and that the original warranty should cover everything. Maytag had no sympathy, said that it was something we would have to live with and that they would rush a new refrigerator to us.

We decided that another Maytag was not in our future. We called Lowes, which was very sympathetic, cancelled the Maytag and ordered a GE Profile Bottom Freezer. It has worked perfectly and has several features we liked much better, especially the storage in the bottom freezer and the dual temperature displays in the upper section.

will not honor extended coverage!

I contacted Maytag at [protected], gave them my certificate number of the extended coverage contract that is good through the end of 09/06/2008 and was advised that they no longer cover the Sky Box. They gave me another number to call and it took me to the same voice mail - hit an button - and get the runaround again.

The item is the Maytag Sky Box that I purchased at Home Depot and I purchased the Certificate of Coverage direct from Maytag Dependability Plus.

• Da
    Darwin Maring Apr 07, 2007

This is a follow-up of my previous complaint about the Maytag SkyBox.

I kept at it, got the runaround and finally received a call where they offered to buy out my maintenance contract for $500. I took the deal, received the money and now have a SkyBox that cools but will not dispense and $500 in the bank.

Don't give up.

• He
    hever castro Jun 07, 2008

I have also been scammed by the company skybox, INC www.skybox.net

People who have also been scammed by www.skybox.net or Lanbox.net they are the same company. you can submmit your complain through the website of Attorney General of Florida http://myfloridalegal.com/contact in this site you can download the complain form and send it to the florida authorities in order to open an investigation. i have already sent this complain to them, but if we join our efforts they will probably take this situation more seriuosly.

you can also find some help here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fcb.shtm
    www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/csd/

I have also been victim of fraud by this company skybox.net for the amount of 3013, 74 USD

Best Regards

Hever Castro

recurring problem with self clean and no heat in oven

We purchased a beautiful stainless steel, glass top, hidden element Maytag range in mid-2005. After we performed the self clean mode, the oven did not heat up any more. We had almost every part on the range replaced, more than once. Maytag kept insisting that the service company try one more thing, one more thing. Their last suggestion was for the service company to modify the engineering on the range. The service company refused. After months and months of service calls to fix this recurring problem, Maytag has finally agreed to refund the entire value of the range. Luckily for us, we noticed the problem before the 1-year warranty was up and all service calls were included under warranty, even though their last service call was way past the warranty period. Not that any of this has been easy, we have been arguing with Maytag for months about service costs and replacement value. When I get my refund, I WILL NOT be purchasing another Maytag range.

we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year!

My mother bought a Maytag washing machine on November 2, 2017 at Home Depot. Eight months after buying the machine she had to have a Maytag service provider come to replace the belt. Just three days ago, one year and six weeks after buying the machine it broke. We had a Maytag service provider come to the house and he told us that the transmission is broken on the machine and it would cost her about $200 to replace it and she would be better off buying a new machine. Then she had to pay the service guy $58.30 for telling her that her machine was broken.

We finally got Maytag to replace the transmission only to have it then break again in February. They fixed it again and it broke again in April and we had to pay $150 to have it fixed - a week later it was broken.

We through the washing machine out and bought a new one. We will never again buy a maytag or whirlpool (since they merged) product again. We are renovating our entire kitchen and we are buying all GE appliances due to the fact that they stand behind their products.

My suggestion is STAY AWAY FROM MAYTAG AND WHIRLPOOL products - we wasted $480 on a machine we had a little over a year.

Jennifer
Eatontown, NJ

• Valerie Dec 11, 2006

The maytag store in Canada (Mississauga) located in Mavis/britania promise me that they going to deliver the washer this Saturday (Dec 9 2017). I took my day off to be at home for the delivery but they left a message(Dec 6) and said they cannot deliver the item because they have to re-order the washer. I went to the store Monday (Dec 4). Before you promise for the delivery be sure you have a stock. They said that they can get it by the end of the month. Its very discouraging for the customer because I need the washer so badly. I don't need the refund but I need the washer immediately.

Sasha James Mar 14, 2007

I purchased a Maytag washing machine about six months ago. It recently broke and will not drain the water. I called Maytag and was referred to A & E Factory Service. The first time I called I gave them all the information and was given a Tuesday appointment from 8-5 a.m. I work full time so I called on Monday to confirm the appointment and to make sure they could call me at least 30 minutes prior to arriving. When I called they said they didn’t have any of my information and was not scheduled for any repair. Which was untrue because I had talked to them a week prior. Acknowledging that accidents happen, I was very patient and set up another appointment for Thursday in the same week from 1-5 p.m. This time I left work a bit early to make sure when they called I would be right there. 4 o’clock rolls around and I give A & E a call. They said they were running behind but would have the technician call me back. 5:30 rolls around and still no word so I call back. This time I spoke to a manager who informed me that the computer systems went down and the technician had no idea where he was suppose to go or contact numbers to reschedule. Which I find hard to believe beings I called the company direct twice that day and left my number. The first time I called they said they were running around then the manager tells me the computers were down? Which is it? The manger then told me they would call me the next day and try to get me in. They called me at 10 a.m. to tell me the first available was Monday from 8-5 a.m. I said unacceptable and asked to speak to a manager. They said he would have to call me back. Hours passed and finally in irritation I called the company back and talked to an executive manager who informed me basically there was nothing he could do and the first available appointment was now Tuesday!!! Ive been over a week without a washer and feel that the situation could have been handled a little better than giving the run around and not having someone at least call me in the first place to tell me they were having issues! I don’t want to deal with this company again!

• Ni
    Nicholas Garip Mar 25, 2008

Two Technicians have come to my home and did not repair my Washing machine. I was told during the first visit that I was to order a part that they did not have in stock. I was suckered into paying $216 as a partial payment for parts that were unnecessary because wrong diagnostics were made. In light of my dissatisfaction, I returned the parts ordered with my own money, and I demanded I be refunded.

They decline to give me my full refund claiming that they charge $75 for the visit regardless of the outcome. It has been nearly 100 days and as of yet after making several calls, there is no refund in sight. Meantime their records show that a refund was issued. THIS COMPANY MUST BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS FOR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES.

I will never ever buy another maytag appliance ever again!

This dishwashers rollers that the racks sit on are very cheap. They break constantly and I have had to replace them several times and have ended up super gluing them. I e-mailed Maytag and their response was basically too bad. The service man that came and worked on the racks told me that there was a problem with them, but even the ones that he replaced them with broke. I will never ever buy another Maytag appliance ever again!!!

• Valerie Feb 02, 2007

Not that I'm an industry insider or anything, "ahem," but - Maytag is recalling more than two-million dishwashers.
    Evidently because they can catch fire.

The company says dishwasher liquid is leaking (possibly from the drying agent reservoir) and making the appliances short-circuit.
    So far: More than three-hundred families have had problems and at least four people have been injured.
    To find out if your dishwasher is being recalled check below to see if your make and model is included.

Brand Model numbers MUST
    UU, UW, UY, UZ, WB, WD, WF, WH,
    WK, WM, WQ, WS, WU, WW, WY,
    WZ, YB, YD, YF, YH, YK, YM, YQ,
    YS, YU, YW, YY, YZ

Sold at: Department and appliance stores and by homebuilders nationwide from July 1997 through June 2001 for between $370 and $800.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using these dishwashers, disconnect the electric supply by shutting off the fuse or circuit breaker controlling it and inform all users of the dishwasher about the risk of fire. Contact Maytag for either a free in-home repair, or a $75 cash back reimbursement following the purchase of a new Maytag®, Jenn-Air®, Whirlpool® or KitchenAid® dishwasher. Consumers should not return the dishwasher to the retailer where it was purchased, as retailers are not prepared to take units back.

• Wi
    William H. Murdock Apr 10, 2007

I have been trying to get a part for my dishwasher that was recalled since Feb. 10-o7. We have been on the phone several times , one person said that it had been shipped, but she lied about it. I was on the phone most of the day April 9 and also the 10th. I still do not have a part. They keep giving me more phone numbers to call. I have gave them the model and serial number so much i could scream.

• M
    M Jun 06, 2007

Forget about the Maytag repairman, he is only an illusion. Now the next illusory item brought forth by the think-tanks and powers that be which rule Maytag (Whirlpool) is the management and organization of its DISHWASHER RECALL campaign. Just as false as the Maytag repairman, but not nearly as nostalgic, this once glorious company whose products have once meant quality are now littering the unsuspecting public with appliances that pose severe fire hazards in the households which they are kept and frequently used. The new grand fictional scheme offered up by Maytag oops, I mean Whirlpool, are the supervisors who are at this present time handling the recall claims of these hazardous appliances.

Whirlpool has outsourced these recall agents/supervisors/escalation team to call centers throughout the country. One of these such places is West Corporation, a call center that places people with only three days of training directly on to the phones in order to fool the public into believing they are the Recall escalation supervisors. First of all this is quite far from being a supervisory position because the only thing they are supervising are the PC monitors in front of their faces with carefully phrased scripting for talking to angry consumers about their recall issues. Now talk about fictitious!

• Ro
    Ron Johnson Jun 29, 2007

I too am no covered in cobwebs waiting for the Maytag repairman. I am sure he is in the same dreams as the tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. We have called and waited, called and waited, called and waited. When we do get through the service is great and the promises sound good, but, we still don't have the part. My fingers look like prunes from washing dishes and the quality time spent with my wife washing dishes is a benefit. Maytag appliances, as far a I'm concerned has a future in our household. We will tell story and fairy tales to our grandchildren about the wonderful service and great product Maytag builds in the "never, never land" - 'cause purchasing one in real life - "never, never".

• La
    Laurie Nov 17, 2007

I have a Maytag dishwasher, an expensive one at that, the wheel on the upper rack cracked within a year. The only way to replace the wheel (has to cost under a dollar) is to purchase the entire upper rack which is $159.60. The maytag company said "it is only $159.60." Only!!

repair of washer

I have been trying to have repairs made to my Maytag washer since the orginal claim filed under my extended warranty since late March. Despite countless calls and time spent on the phone with these people, my machine is still taking up space in the laundry room. Last week I finally talked to a customer service employee that seemed to know what he is doing and a promise was made to repair the machine. This was after certified letters were sent to the service plan, their carrier and the attorney general's office. My small local certified Maytag service provider a couple of weeks ago was told that he would be left holding the bag on a $200 part that Maytag sent him, he did not order the wrong part. He was told several times up to that payment would be "overnighted" on the first service call payment that he made in April. He just received payment in September. I eprsonally had to spend my time to straighten this mess out. Do not buy Maytag and especially do not buy their extended warrently. It is not worth the paper used to print in on.

• Cf
    C. F. Wengenroth Apr 12, 2007

This is very typical of May tag. As I too have in the past and currently am experiencing the exact same ordeal ie: numerous phone calls and extended time with repetitious suppling of information to their robot answering system before you get to a very rude live consultant then having to repeat the entire process and only to be told to wait two days before being contacted by a dispatching service then scheduled 1 week before they'll even come out! So much for the 'Lonely May tag Repairman' Not mention this will be the 11th service call on their top of the line 'Neptune Washer' that you are told you must continually run empty loads with dishwasher detergent to keep the mold in check. Some design guys! Your R & D leaves a lot to be desired!!!

[Resolved] the worst appliance experience!

I bought a Maytag Neptune MAH7500AWW and matching gas dryer 4 years ago. Previous to that I owned a Maytag...

don't buy the extended warranty from maytag!

They take their time to fix the appliances and don't come. I am still waiting for my washer to get fix and it will take 8 weeks to get the washer fix assuming they do come and have the parts.

My washer is leaking and it took 3 weeks for someone to come out. When the technician did come, he said the last technician forgot to secure the motor with a latch. (That means I had a unsecured motor for a year.) It will take 2 more weeks for someone to come to secure it so a total of 5 weeks of waiting.That day, no one came.

But to top it off, I called and asked the status and ALL FIVE REPRESENTATIVES said he was scheduled to come... they lied. The last rep even said he would come even after 5pm... so I waited.

Finally, I called again and the rep said that the technician wasn't able to come.. gee it was already 5:30 after the scheduled time. The technician should of called me or the 5 REPRESENTATIVE should of told me instead of me waiting. It will take another 2 weeks for someone to come out.

I called this week to confirm someone would come out and... they don't have me scheduled... so I can schedule another appt it and it will take another 2 weeks. That is 8 weeks, 2 months till the washer gets fixed assuming the technician comes and the last technician diagnosis it properly.

• Su
    Suzie Feb 03, 2007

If you are still within your 1 year manufacturer's warranty, you should call A & E Factory Service at 800-905-9505 - they handle issues for Maytag's first year now.

If you have an Extended Service Contract (Maytag Dependability Plus), look on your certificate and find the # that you need to call for service and they should be able to look into this. Most service providers normally have a 10 day time frame (to diagnosis the problem within 10 days - this info will be on your contract Terms & Conditions also) - with the exception that parts are on backorder. MDP does not have any control over the parts being delivered but with the recent transfer of service from ABS to A & E there have been some issues.

I hope this helps you some and that you get this resolved!
    Let me know if I can help further!

• Da
    Dan Guaricci Aug 24, 2007

My daughter had an Admiral Refrigerator serviced by Maytag Dependebility Plus for the past seven years. Somewhere along the line they got her listed with a new refrigerator that she never purchased because they update your information by unrequested information from sales companies. After paying for service on the only refrigerator she has owned for 7 years her unit went bad. Maytag Dependability agreed that they had her old unit in their system but since they changed it to a new unit she should have caught the change on the bottom of her contract that they made by mistake and now they wont service the product.

maytag has not honored their written warranty

I am involved in a battle with the Maytag Corporation. It has taken place for almost three years. My washer was under warranty, and it is faulty. Maytag has not honored their written warranty. I have called their customer service department as well as their other offices. I have even written Maytag executives and informed them of my machine’s performance. I have expected to be fully compensated for the purchase price of my machine as well as the cost of the destroyed laundry. This has not happened. From the onset I have been directed from one department to the other, all which claim they are not responsible for the handling of this matter. I have been placed on hold, totaling hours at a time! I have left numerous messages. I have been told I will receive a callback and yet, often I do not. I have been deceived from the very beginning! One department claims it’s the other’s responsibility. I am then redirected. When I contact the supervisor of the other department I am given the same excuse- It’s not my problem! I can not assist you. This is not part of my job... I have constantly been misinformed or uninformed! I am at a loss! I know of others with the same complaint with their Atlantis washer. I wish a survey could be taken to determine if this is a major complaint from others as well. I believe there is a legal case. Is there a way you could share my letter so I may determine if I do have support out there? I honestly believe Maytag expects their customers to give up and drop their complaints. I have finally bought a new washer. It is not a Maytag! Maytag is promising a pro-rate. I have lost at least $650 in clothing and have now spent over $1500 for two washers! I have been told I will receive about $460 for my Maytag machine. The machine cost me over $550. If they do actually reimburse me with a pro-rate, I will still lose about $1700! Am I protected? Are my concerns warranted and worth pursuing? I have learned through this horrid experience the importance of keeping all records and dates. I have decided not to rely on phone conversations if at all possible because they can deny what was spoken. If I must rely on a conversation, I ask for the spokesperson’s name and rank. Now I try to get everything in writing. I make copies of letters I have written, as well as those written by Maytag. I keep files on my computer. It is an eye opener! I am more cautious with my future purchases. I do a great deal of researching before I buy. I do not rely on “name-brands”. I search the web and the library to read reviews and collect data about the object’s performance. I check out the consumer magazines. I discuss with other owners of the same item and gather their opinions or recommendations. I ask the salesperson questions! I check with the store on their policies. I find out how well the manufacturer works with their consumers if ever there is a dispute…how they actually honor their warranty. I feel as if I am taking a Business 101 course! I hope to succeed. Do you have any other directions I have failed to consider? Is it possible that I can defend myself and the rights of others deceived by the Maytag Corporation? Thank you for any thoughts you can share!

• Ss
    S.Sardina Aug 14, 2007

This machine is a lemon and they know it is and don't care and will not honor the extended warranty. It is a shame that they are able to get away with defrauding the consumers and breaching contracts. I am contemplating just what action I will take to remedy a very similar situation with the "Magtag Dependability People".

• Vi
    vicky mian Oct 02, 2007

My atlantis unit is 3 years old and now requires new bearings, i have contacted Maytag and today was told they would try and solve our problem. They require a stat dec from us as the warranty card is not proof of purchase. i will keep you up dated as to the resolution of my washer. Vicky Brisbane Qld Australia

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices