Menu
Marriott International
reviews & complaints

Marriott International
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

208 complaints
47 resolved 161 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Marriott International. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
6:31 am EDT

Marriott International - ripoff

We bought an holiday home 2007 with Marriott vacation club when we went to France on holiday. The did not inform us that the maintenance fee was as high as over a thousand dollars per year. They also took a loan in our name with Barclays finance without informing us. We were informed that marriott will give the loan but later discovered that the loan was taken from Barclays. We carried on paying the loan back until 2011 when we could not continue as a result of some financial difficulty. We then contacted Marriott 2011 to request that they sell off the week in-order for us to pay back the loan which they refused to do and then suddenly in 2012 they decided to revoke the holiday because we couldn't keep up with the maintenance fee and left us to pay off the loan from our pocket.

When I contacted them again today I was told that they have now sold the week to someone else, this means they have sold the week twice and rip us off. We are now left with no holiday week and a loan of £15, 000 which is distressing. Please help look into this.

11:45 pm EST

Marriott International - lies

open house------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a party or reception during which anyone who wishes may visit to share in a celebration, meet a special guest, etc. I CONFRONTED J.W. Mariott Hotel, part of the chain of YTL Hotels about their bad behaviour during the chinese new year. They declared an open house. I am sure you know the meaning of open house. yoiu see how deceitful the reply. Miss Fong who is the organizer of this event had the cheek to deceive by saying only by invitation. Isn`t this deceiving the public? better don`t declare open house so we can minus their goodwill about their so-called charitable activities. I am a senior citizen and I am openly angry about this deception. Please judge J.W.Mariott and also YTL about their intentions. up to now their cowardly GM has gone overseas not to be disturbed a very convenient excuse.

11:26 pm EST

Marriott International - misrepresentation and false image

I don't know how to tell you this, but innocent children have been brainwashed by J.W.Mariott Hotel's salacious agendas. Before I launch into my rant, permit me the prelude caveat that J.W.Mariott Hotel's inveracities are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us when you least expect it. If you ask J.W.Mariott Hotel if it's true that its theatrics do not pass muster by any objective standards, you'll just get a lot of foot-shuffling and downcast eyes in response. Once it becomes clear that by an odd twist of fate, with J.W.Mariott Hotel's morals, simple credos like "check your sources" and "argue the other side of the question" have gone out the window, it becomes apparent that J.W.Mariott Hotel will stop at nothing to devastate vast acres of precious farmland. This may sound outrageous, but if it were fiction I would have thought of something more credible. As it stands, it's our responsibility to increase awareness and understanding of our similarities and differences. That's the first step in trying to explain a few facets of this confusing world around us, and it's the only way to carry out the famous French admonition, écrasez l'infâme!, against its publicity stunts.

Should this be discussed in school? You bet. That's the function of education: To teach students how to purge the darkness from J.W.Mariott Hotel's heart. Let's conduct a Gedankenexperiment. Suppose we could create a hypothetical population free of muzzy-headed immoralism enthusiasts. Let's assume, furthermore, that J.W.Mariott Hotel were powerless to treat people like craven, drossy rakes. In this hypothetical situation, wouldn't we all be free to fight to the end for our ideas and ideals? Let's make this dream a reality. Let's get people to realize that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to J.W.Mariott Hotel's politics. It applies to everything it says and does.

J.W.Mariott Hotel just keeps on saying, "We don't give a [expletive deleted] about you. We just want to distract attention from more important issues." According to J.W.Mariott Hotel's distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, anyone who resists J.W.Mariott Hotel deserves to be crushed. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that J.W.Mariott Hotel's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. It doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false.

Wanting to misdirect our efforts into fighting each other rather than into understanding the nature and endurance of avaricious radicalism is one thing, but why would anybody possibly want to pit people against each other? Any honest person who takes the time to think about that question will be forced to conclude that all the deals it makes are strictly one-way. J.W.Mariott Hotel gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations. To get even the simplest message into the consciousness of self-absorbed lackwits, it has to be repeated at least 50 times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following 50 times, but by refusing to act, by refusing to pursue virtue and knowledge, we are giving J.W.Mariott Hotel the power to violate its pledge not to cause wishy-washy subversion to gather momentum on college campuses. J.W.Mariott Hotel has called innocent children scary, flippant shirkers to their faces. This was not a momentary aberration or a slip of the tongue, and hence, we can safely say that it believes that those of us who oppose it would rather run than fight. The real damage that this belief causes actually has nothing to do with the belief itself, but with psychology, human nature, and the skillful psychological manipulation of that nature by J.W.Mariott Hotel and its snotty stooges. The irony is that J.W.Mariott Hotel's most judgmental snow jobs are also its most self-aggrandizing. As the French say, "Les extremes se touchent."

J.W.Mariott Hotel can go on saying that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem, but the rest of us have serious problems to deal with that preclude our indulging in such drugged-out dreams just now. Under these conditions, I once overheard J.W.Mariott Hotel say something quite astonishing. Are you strapped in? J.W.Mariott Hotel said that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us. Can you believe that? At least its statement made me realize that the main dissensus between me and J.W.Mariott Hotel is that I believe that J.W.Mariott Hotel is allergic to any idea that isn't confused. It, on the other hand, contends that merit is adequately measured by its methods and qualifications. J.W.Mariott Hotel's ravings are a house of mirrors. How are we to find the opening that leads to freedom? Here's the answer, albeit in a somewhat circuitous and roundabout style: J.W.Mariott Hotel's list of sins is long and each one deserves more space than I have here. Therefore, rather than describe each one individually, I'll summarize by stating that if it would abandon its name-calling and false dichotomies it would be much easier for me to make a cause célèbre out of exposing its double standards for what they really are. Now that this letter has come to an end, I hope you walk away from it realizing that J.W.Mariott Hotel plants false evidence to incriminate its adversaries.

9:04 pm EST

Marriott International - hooliganism and false image

do not believe the claims of goodwill of J.W.Mariott Hotel that they give a free meal to undeserving people about a open house. At least our Prime Minister has a better intention. He really gave an open house for Hari Raya. it was the public who treated his grounds like rubbish. but now it is your own so-called caterers and so-called waiters who are rubbish. Rubbish about your hospitality. a hotel gets its reputation from its hospitality. also its stars too. I am an angry hotel critic. you want to take the risk of stars falling from the sky? even a simple thai restaurant can do better. (ABSOLUTE THAI RESTAURANT) [HOSPITALITY with a HEART} . members of the public, in house guests and outsiders J.W.Mariott Hotel doesn`t have a Heart to serve you. tak ada Hati. {gives all 5 star hotels a bad name. please do me the favor of removing the stars.

6:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On september 10, my friend and I stayed in monterey marriott hotel in two separate rooms and used two cards to pay the bill. However, they deducted all the billing on my bank card without my permission. So I begin to call the hotel for explaination since sep16, but the accountant seldom answer my call. I also emailed them since sep16 and even now I didn't...

1:32 am EDT

Marriott International - scam job offers

Hello my dear fellows, I have also received a job offer letter from fake marriot hotel and I just want to tell you guys the stupidity of the scammers in the letter and their email.

Email address used by the scammer: [email protected]
Please note that Marriot is not so much little org that they can't purchase their own domain, obviously they have their own domain but scammer can't access that domain therefore scammer is using email address like gmail, hotmail and yahoo etc.

They also refer me [email protected] to write a letter for Visa processing.

Enclosed please find that fake job letter and below is the detail of their emai

Dear applicant,

This is to inform you that we have received your information’s and
verified it accordingly.
You are advised to print out this Marriott hotel Visa application form
and fill the required information's, after filling it then scan it and
send it to Canadian immigration for your further visa processing
through their contact e mail address below.

([email protected])

Please fill all the information's completely before sending it and do
not hesitate to contact us back immediately you receive any response
from them.

BELOW IS HOW YOU WILL WRITE TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE

Dear sir/madam,
Please could you allow me entrance into Canada for employment in
Marriott Hotel Toronto Canada, I got a job in Marriott Hotel and the
management of Marriott Hotel directed me to your office for my visa
processing, i would like you to make a reference to them and verify
the geniality of my assertion, i hope that my application for entrance
will be given a favorable consideration and verifying in your
assistance in making my trip to Canada a reality.

Sincerely yours.

Full Names...
Passport Number...
© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)

Its look like a real offer and scammers are tooo smart, but if they are tooo smart then we have to become smarter that toooo smart.

so please be careful

Thanks,
Muhammad Ali
[email protected]
+923462773077

Marriott International - unprofessional

i went to a job interview was told they had to do a background check called a week later no background check called again some guy said it could be 30 days or more for the check the managers would not speak to me i finally got to speak to a manger she was snobby and rude and said she did not receive my background check information to run the background so the lady who interviewed me lied to me, this should be wrong for such a supposed to be professional company they ask for honor trust and dependability but does not treat others the same they lack the very standards they try to set for the company not only that if companies can lie to me about this than what is stopping anyone from my personal information i gave the lady my social security number she lied while giving her my information if i knew she was not going to do the background check i would of never signed any papers its a shame people hire ignorance instead of professionalism i only called back to get a copy of my background check to make sure there was no fraud activity the manager had no right to be snobby and thats why one day i will be her boss success is the best revenge

Jul 21, 2014 7:18 am EDT

You need to learn that if you are going to complain about people being professional then you need to do the same. Calling the manager snobby is not professional. As far as being Business professional, You need to learn that ALL potential employees that are interviewed at any job will be told that if they are being considered then they need to run a background check. It is possible that after all the interviews, they decided that they did not want to hire you so no background check was done.

One more thing, if you want to be taken serious when it comes to making online complaints then maybe you need to learn how to type. ONE LONG SENTENCE with no punctuation is really tough to read.

J
3:56 pm EDT

Marriott International - quality and service

First the only reason this hotel would get a good rating is
because there is only 13 (if that) hotels in Fort Collins. At check in there
was only two towels and they were old and dingy. No hand towels at all. The
bathtub has no grip at the bottom, when I first stepped in I almost slipped and
fell. The pillows had yellow stains and also old and worn. I requested a
refrigerator in my room at arrival and was assured there would be. I had to
wait two days till one was available. There were moths, mosquitoes, centipedes
but I tried to chalk it up to the fact that I had bottom floor room with
sliding doors and when I opened them they would get. Tried to let that one go. T.V
would freeze up at times when I ordered a movie. But the staff was helpful and
courteous. So I tried to look past the issues and had them fix each one. I had
enough when I received a letter stating that they would enter my room the
following day to check on my wellbeing because I hadn’t had housekeeping since
I checked in. I had housekeeping the prior day and also told them they should
travel all other avenues before bothering their guest. Such as I ordered room
service every morning, stopped at the bar in the lobby every morning and
charged a latte to my room, room service at night, charged items from the
market to my room almost every day. This all says that my wellbeing is just
fine. The next day I received another letter of the same kind. At this point I
considered this harassment and I checked out. I am now disputing the charges;
I’m not paying for a full service hotel and receive motel quality. One last
thing if there is no specific reason to stay in Fort Collins don’t.

Oct 27, 2008 10:43 am EDT

Marriott evidently gave someone else my personal card key. He came into my room at midnight. Marriott brushed aside my objection.

2:25 pm EST

Marriott International - victimized

I worked at this company for sixteen years I had unfair treatment a guy jumped on my back threw food at me poured water on my head I was let go for a reason I did not do the hrd told the judge I commited a crime a fabricated story I went to peer review they still let me go the executive chef hired my supervisors son he was problems in another department I had witnesses on that property the chef called me at 2013 and offered my job back I wasa unfairly treated at this job and becauce of it still unemployed and have a back problem from the associate jumping on my back

D
Jun 12, 2014 2:55 pm EDT

Marriott do not honour cashback with Quidco. £50 lost so far and Quidco say they cannot do anything

5:27 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Marriott. please help me clarify this as soon as possible to save me from scams. I am Bright Parker Quayson from Ghana. I received a Facebook message on Facebook that Toronto Marriott hotel is doing recruitment just last Sunday. I have applied and they have given me a Marriott visa application form to fill and send to the Canadian immigration bureau...

O
10:28 pm EDT

Marriott International - poor marriott property

Last two stays at this location were very poor. Refrigerator contained leftover food from previous guest. Nail clippings were in the middle of the floor. Disrespectful staff member. General Mgr ignored issues/complaints

S
9:28 am EDT

Marriott International - this was the worst customer service I have ever had

Driving 1000 miles to see my sick mother in the hospital, I get to Mississippi( the Hospitality State don’t you know) and pay 99$ per night at the Tupelo Courtyard Marriott. I was charged 180, 130, 232.82 twice. They were doing smoke detector work and I was placed right by the door they were working at, so NO sleep for us in the morning, and we checked in after 11pm. I spent TWO weeks trying to get my money back and was ignored and called a liar by management. I requested my money back and was told no, we provided you services. I had a horrible visit, my money was taken for two weeks, and took my card company calling them to get my money back! This was the worst customer service I have EVER had. Do not waste your time and money, because this hotel obviously does not care about their customers.

A
Dec 05, 2012 9:27 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I disagree with your assessment. Yes, you should have received a discount for your inconvenience, however you did stay the night. You could have checked out and used the convenient plumbing facilities at another hotel, or had a convenient breakfast, warmth, safety, etc at another hotel. Instead, you CHOSE to stay. Thus, you should not get a free room. Hotels wouldn't be in business long with that. Then, you could sleep in a cramped car.

F
6:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been a loyal marriott member for over 10 years. I was giving my rewards number to hotels (Last 4 stays). When I check in while on another trip and ask to add my rewards, clerk informed me that if I made reservations thru expedia, kayak or any third party booking, they do not honor and will not give reward points. I was shocked to find this out. When...

C
1:28 pm EDT

Marriott International - marriott hotel military discount policy

I have stayed at the same Mariott in Georgia numerous times. We have ALWAYS been given the military rate as well as shown our military identifications. Today when booking through the central booking line all information including credit card was given. She then asked was the military active or retired. I answered retired. She said, "Well, then the rate is back up to $129 rather than the $82 because we only honor active. I explained how many times I've stayed always with military discount. She said no I'm booking the higher rate now. I explained to please wait...she hung up or we may have been cut off. I'm not sure. I call the Mariott that I always stay direct. She said yes they did give retired military rates. She asked that I wait and when she returned to the phone she said she checked with the front desk and could not honor the rate. After considering the situation I told her it was only a few dollars but retired had served their country in Vietnam just as military in Afghanistan, although it is not as politically correct to honor Vietnam today still war is war. Mariott's answer was "consider yourself lucky you've stayed all these other times" No, I consider it deserving not lucky. She returned me to the main menu I did talk with a very understanding person who made sure the first person had not booked me. She did explain that was the policy for active only. I could not and will not ever book with Mariott or it's affiliates. I looked up the policy on line and yes I could have booked if I was Canadian military or Tribal government or active U.S. this is a terrible policy. I will begin today contacting all national veterans and retired military. Conventions are planned including all branches of service and I will be contacting them as well as all vet organizations on line. This word needs to be spread. This is not a money issue it is a matter of principle and honor for all Americans who have honorably served their country. Yes, retired military stepped up to the plate to protect even the lady that said we were lucky to have stayed there previously at military rate. Not that Mariott is interested but my husband is 100% military disable and I left a career I loved to care for him, but maybe she's right I am "lucky" Nevertheless, this is a highly discriminating policy that "sucks" excuse me "needs to be addressed and changed.

2 comments
Dec 05, 2012 10:01 am EST

First, the military discount is a GIFT, not a RIGHT. You should be ashamed of your own complaint. Second, the military discount is always for ACTIVE military. The fact that they have been giving it to you, 'several times' was nice of them. And how do you thank them? But ### that you can't get it again. How about a THANK YOU?

And yes, I come from a long line of service men and women. And no, they do not ### and complain or expect to be treated better than anyone else.

A
Dec 05, 2012 9:35 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

To get the fed govt. rate, you must be a fed govt employee. Active duty military are govt employees 24 hours a day. They deserve that rate (but only if they are on government business.) Travelling with your family while going on vacation isn't government business. Would a veteran be travelling on government business? Veterans (god bless their hearts) such as myself, are just that. Veterans. We no longer work for Uncle Sam. Why should we get the govt rate when we are not "Employed" by the fed govt. Also, for an active duty military person to get that rate, they must be on government business. NOT on a vacation.

C
12:38 pm EDT

T
9:53 pm EDT

Marriott International - called the police on me

I had lost my credit card the day before staying at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. They didn’t want to use my debit card so I made a cash deposit. The next night we ate in their restaurant after waiting over 2 hours for a table. After eating a so-so meal we signed for it. Immediately after signing I remembered I didn’t have a credit card at the front desk so I immediately went and increased my cash deposit so that it would more than cover the meal, tip and any other incidental charges. A few minutes later my son, who was in our room, said the restaurant called and wanted us to settle the bill.

Since I was near the front desk I told them about the issue and they said they would take care of it. At 1 AM there was a loud knock at our room’s door. The restaurant sent an Atlanta police officer. I explained the issue to her and she called downstairs. After the call she told me not to worry about it. At 2 AM another knock disturbed our sleeping family. This time two Atlanta police officers were there, demanding I go downstairs with them. As an insulin dependent diabetic the stress caused my blood sugar levels to plummet, I informed the police of this but my health wasn’t as important as resolving the already taken care of restaurant bill.

I was extremely embarrassed walking through the lobby with two uniformed officers in the middle of the night. At the front desk the realized that a mistake happened. No real apology was offered but the points I had used for the stay were refunded. After contacting Marriott’s corporate office we were told Marriott would arrange a points stay in New Orleans for us for a football game we want to attend. After 12 days they told us they were unable to do this. During this 12 day delay all hotel rooms in New Orleans sold out so now we have no place to stay.

This is how they treat their Platinum elite members, people who spend 75+ nights a year in their properties. Now I am left with an autistic daughter who was traumatized by the event, a wife with diabetes and Lupus who is now out of remission due to the stress she was put through and no place to stay in New Orleans next month. I will remember this the next time I or any of my employees and co-workers book a one month stay at a hotel.

1 comment

When you remembered you did not have your card you should have paid at the restaurant and not with the front desk.

11:10 pm EDT

Marriott International - customer service

On Saturday April 14, 2012 I checked into the Courtyard Marriott. I have been staying at this Hotel since 2005. I am part of a large group that comes to Ohio for a pilgrimage to Maranatha Spring and Shrine. On Saturday night we didn't get back to the hotel until almost 2am. I was so tired I just wanted to go to bed. I pulled back the blanket and there was a large grapefruit sized blood stain. The blood was not from me, I had not been in the bed yet. I immediately called down to the front desk, I was told by the front desk female that clean sheets would be right up. 15 mins later a young man knocked on the door, handed me sheets and left. Could this situation get any worse...YES the sheets were handed to me and when I felt them they were very very WET. I called down to the front desk again. The same female seemed agitated by my call. I had to cover the bed with towels and sleep on top of them. First of all do you know how unsanitary the blood and wet sheets are? How am I to know if the person that left the blood on the sheets didn't have a disease? The next morning I take the bloody sheets and the still very wet sheets to the front desk, I asked for the manager she said that she was the manager. I proceed to tell her my issue and she cut me off and said yeah they gave you the sheets that weren't dry yet and tossed the bloody sheet aside not even looking at it. Maybe instead of trying to make your lobby into a California Bistro you should spend some of that money sending your so called Managers and employees to Customer Service classes. Why did you not start your remodeling in the guests rooms. I would think our comfort in a room would be top priority, apparently its not because I found stinky men's sweat socks on my floor and they didn't belong to me ! I don't think I will be staying at your Hotel anymore when you care more about your Lobby than you do your guests. By the way your Retro look is ugly its way too dark. People came there for the comfy home feeling, not to have Bistro style dining that only a 2 or 3 people can fit at a table. You are in OHIO not California

S
11:37 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day i received imformation from marriott hotel about job oppurtunity which i fill the form and they send me contract paper and i fill every thing and i'v send money for my tourist certificate and now the still need additional money to send my document to the embassy in nigeria, Pls i am scare about this money and the job also the process if is 419...

R
9:35 pm EST

Marriott International - left me stranded and manager ran and hid with head in the sand

I made a reservaton for my employee and answered an add for airport parking at the Irvine Marriot for SNA and utalized the shuttle service. Upon his return to SNA airport, he called for the shuttle to pick him up and take him to the hotel. He waited 20 minutes and called again, . He was told the shuttle was on its way. He waited another 25 minutes and called again and was told they appologize but the shuttle driver decided to go home early without telling anyone and they were sorry. He took a taxi to get his car.

All this cost me overtime, extra hours on his time sheet and a $9 taxi ride. The hotel has been unresponsive and has not returned mine or my assistants calls asking for reimbursment for our out of pocket cost for this. Sorry doesn't pay the bills.
We had a contract that should have been honored and in breaching that we should be reimbursed our expensess.

I want to be reimbursed my out of pocket expenses and for my employees time. I would recomend the shuttle driver be fired and the managment at this hotel take some customer service training. Burring your head in the sand and not dealing with a customer is not what I would expect from up managment. I hope your office can handle this issue.

K
Dec 22, 2011 2:21 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I work for a Marriott franchisee. If you file a complaint with the hotel, the GM has to respond within 24 hours. If you don't get a response, contact Marriott customer care: https://www.marriott.com/suggest/default.mi

Good luck!

1:24 am EST

Marriott International - employr

Hello I hope to manage Marriott hotels to consider the complaint and important to you I Modv at the Marriott Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and I work from time to time in Hama hotel and I love the Marriott lot, but there are a lot of problems inside the hotel and you can be sure of my words there are mafias inside the hotel and is divided on certain people Director General of Jordan Khaldun agitated known for denying Mozvien of the bonus that we we take every month there parsimony with Modvin where the hotel is divided between the two gangs mafia Khaldun agitated Director-General and his friends, public relations director Salah al-Hakimi and director of catering Mr. Raed and gang competition director of concerts just Dahshoury you Alasabatan war including element loser always Hua employee housing, bad transportation bad psychological state of the staff inside the hotel bad hours of extra work does not give, but given the form of licenses at a later date or ill-treatment increases a few with all its standards are an employee known for stealing the Mkvot customers and named Nasser works at the Department of concerts and Hua official for organizing the halls were to make a complaint to the Director General did not care for is the complaint and condoned stolen more than once as it is Bsergt commissions of workers and Aigasmanm amounts of staff kitchen his bad eating bad does not have a regulation in the hotel, please consider the conditions of Modvin generally within the hotel and as soon as you can considering the proportion of staff who attend work Balmariot and they leave the work dimension Ftera simple due to mismanagement of the hotel and the presence of gangs that are stealing these sections please make it clear that there is racism in the promotions job and to not be limited to certain nationalities that the system in the Marriott Hotel, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia dictatorial regime and does not have it any Facilities for staff Please accounting Almqsrien and ultimately offer you very much and please consider the complaint as soon as and to consider the situation rooms in the hotel garage worn Each section follows a gang of certain Modvin afraid to make any complaint to the management of Marriott abroad, thanking you for your interest in the complaint and I hope that Marriott is always of hotels the first in the world and which fails to download some quarters the level of the hotel by some departments failed

Marriott International contacts