Majicjackcheats and scams

ordered 2 majic jacks for a special deal of $168 per day on a 30 day free trial/they charged my card $98 each & then said i orderd 2 /5year platinum plans which i had never even heard about and for sure did not order for 139.00 dollars /this overdrew my checking account by hundreds of dollars /the bank almost closed my account which i have my disability checks go automaticly deposited /that would have sent my checks back and i would not be able to pay all my bills /this company has n0 way to talk to a live person/my30 day money back time was a lie /i received these jacks on jan.19th was told that i had until feb. 5 to return these jacks or i would not be able to get my money returned/this was false advertisement and down right crooked/this caused me a lot of trouble and i would warn everyone to stay away from these creeps/ i have no idea when or if my money will be returned/i had to send these jacks back by priority mail with return date of delivery to a post office box not a physical address which should have alerted me in the first place/i wonder how many other older people on a set income they have done this to hoping that they would just chalk it up and not try and get a 30 day free trial that is really a15 day trial/ i hope and pray that i receive my refund/ i guess that i will lose what ever godly amount that their shipping charges are/please warn all other aarp members so they will not lose their valuable time and money.

John Anderson - Shelby Apr 02, 2012

Line me up with the people down on majicJack. This is a real disappointment, since I was excited about majicJack Plus and the ability to run it directly into my router. I got the unit this past Sunday, plugged it into my computer to get it registered, and everything worked as expected. A few hours later we had a power outage in the community. Mind you, the majicJack Plus was still plugged in through the computer, which was plugged into a surge suppressed UPS. A half hour later, I powered everything down since I wasn't sure how long power would be out. Later that evening, with power back on, everything powered up except the majicJack Plus. Its little blue power light was on, but the majicJack software was now not recognizing it. It also would not work when connected directly through the router. OK - things happen. My problem is that I ended up spending over FOUR HOURS in the majicJack chat room, computer chatting with three different people who kept trying to play with my computer settings, router settings, and everything else. They could not comprehend that the unit was non-functional through different and independent channels. The unit was broken, and there was no avenue available for filing a warranty claim. Like they say, we get what we pay for!!!

can'twin Feb 01, 2012

So far the experience has not been good and we don't even have the majicjack yet. It was supposed to be 30 days free trial, so beware if you give them a card and its a debit/credit even if you use it as a credit, they know and charge it right away. She said that its a charges right away if its a debit and that it says it in their info. It must be hidden in there somewhere. Then I understood you don't need a computer so why would you have high speed. You do have to have high speed something, so you don't save any money because you have to purchase that. Our paper work says we wont be charged until Jan 30 2012 so we are doing a back charge at the bank and then when we receive it send it back. I hope the bank will do that. We will talk to them tomorrow.

CaptainG123 Dec 16, 2011

The magicjack plus is not good, don't waste your money. Had problem after problem. dropped calls, wouldn't recieve calls (recording came on saying the magicjack customer your calling is unavaible). Customer service is the worst .Tried to call home office for three weeks couldn't get trough.

CaptainG123 Dec 16, 2011

I've had nothing but trouble with my magicjack Plus. I have bought two of them and neither one worked. I've tried to get my problems straitened out with customer service but that is a joke worst service I've ever dealt with. The magicjack plus is a waste of money. If you buy the extra years (5yrs) or (1yr) and have a problem and have to change phones you lose all those extra years. Good luck tried to contact magicjack I tried for two weeks and never got through.

• Pa
    PaulaSJohnson May 22, 2011

George, I am so sorry this happened to you. I can't help but believe it was a mistake of some sort, because my experience has been so, so different.
    I sincerely hope you can turn this around and recover your money, because from my own experience, I can attest to the wonderful service I have received from Magic Jack. And to be completely honest, I have no connection, nor do any of my friends and family, to Magic Jack, now with anyone connected to Magic Jack..

Paula S. Johnson
    West Boylston, MA

• Pa
    PaulaSJohnson May 22, 2011

I don't know how your message ended up in my search for AARP complaints unless you got your Magic Jack through AARP (which wouldn't surprise me). For me, Magic Jack is the best thing to come along since sliced bread! I bought my Magic Jack about 2 or 3 years ago for $40, which included one year of service. There is a space on the left side of their screen where they advertised 5 years of service for $60 dollars. This includes local and long distance in the US, as well as voicemail, caller ID, the convenience a contact list, and breaks down to about $17 or so a YEAR, including tax. They also have awesome rates for calls outside the US. Of course, the phone only works when the computer is on, and it works best when my browser is turned off, but for about $1.50 a month I'll take it anytime! Magic Jack has now gone up to $70 for 5 years of service, and I don't know what they currently charge for the initial hardware, but they sell them in places like CVS and Radio Shack (which is where I bought mine), so no, it is not a scam. And it works perfectly fine with the $5.99 AT&T phone I bought at Target (not currently available, although a V-Tech model is (but seems cheaply made). If anybody reads this, you must have a USB port, installed or portable, on your computer in order to use Magic Jack. Heads up; DON'T buy on-line or through any third party unless you completely trust them due to prior transactions! Just go to the store and pay your sales tax (grin).

• Rj
    RJF1 Dec 29, 2010

I found majicjack chat line work real well, they walk me through a ugly install, to get my service working. no complaints at all, phone service works great. if you have a good high speed connection with wide broadband.
    would highly recommend it.

• Od
    Odella McAndrew Dec 01, 2010

If I can not get my phone fixed I hope you will be kind and return what I had to give for the phone and any thing else I am out of pocket. Thank you. Odella McAndrew [email protected]

• Py
    Pyro Aug 21, 2010

I agree with the original post. It worked good for the first 3 months other than a little echo in the quality. After three months, quit working. Can not dial out and the call in can hear me, but no incoming audio.

Spent 6 hours on the virtual operator with no resolution. Finally they agreed to send me a new magicjack but several hours later recieved a e-mail saying they could ot do that. Sent a letter just asking to replace the current one since it is aparently faulty, and as of two weeks later, no response. Not thrilled at all with it.

Was going to at least transfer to cell phone, so I would not have to give that number out, and it transfers good, but no audio on the messages.

I feel it is a scam.

• Cd
    cdmeidinger Aug 08, 2010

totally bad business practices!!

• Cd
    cdmeidinger Aug 08, 2010

I have had my majicjack for 5 months now and all of a sudden All local phone calls dont work any more. I have been in constant contact with them on 'live chat' for 5 weeks now and all they can say is that their Engineers are working on it and i get no answer on when my phone will work again!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS

• Db
    dbby8 Jun 17, 2010

This is the worst ordeal, I would never reccomend this product to anyone. Don't believe that they won't bill for 30 days, because they will, which resualted in bank fees. I went on line to try to return this product you may as well forget this you will get nowhere, you never will be able to talk to a human voice. I would never do this again. Debby

• Bl
    bluecurrant Apr 27, 2010

Terrible company. Is there a way I can get this information to the Attorney General Of Florida, so I can file a complaint?

• Ni
    nizamudin Mar 22, 2010

i tried majic jack but it doese not work properly always static noise i used that only 7 days in one year dont have time to sit on computor and complaint again. stop using it . please tell me what to do I like to canccel my services thank you

• Bu
    buddy tweed Feb 18, 2010

I was very wary of majicjack and waited untill this year to try it. And I have had NO problems with it. It was simple to install and works like a charm. I have recomended it to everyone. I think the biggest problem people have is the lack of internet speed. And thats where the frustration begins. I went to Radio Shack to buy mine and the rep there aked what service I had and assured me I would have no Problem. He said if I had sat or dial up it would not work. Anyway mine is great and I love it! Buddy T.

james mabry Feb 11, 2010

on last page of regisration zip code 24868 my town is not listed and i cannot finish registration

james mabry Feb 11, 2010

[email protected]
    on last page of registration my town is not listed northfork 24868

• On
    One happy customer Jan 20, 2010

Toby I am sorry for your lack of service but ask yourself were you rude to begin with. Sounds like you called with an attiude and no matter what some one would say, you would not be satisfride anyway. Remember these are people to and they do not deserve to be put down because your day is not going right.
    CiINDY, there is a live person at the other end of the line, It is not an auto customer service because I ask mine questions and then also asked where to sign up with this company because of the wonderful customer service.
    LAUDEN, You trying to say you never get dropped calls from your regular phone. We alway get them, regardless of whom we are with as a phone service.
    BOB I can tell you by your foul mouth that you are proberly a punk kid with do not have patients with anyone. If you go at someone with a negitive attuide then nothing someone can due. If you are an adult I feel sorry for a person with your attitude.
    And to all of all of you disgrudiet customer, Majic Jack can not slow up your Jack, It is our terrob;e servocee tjeu gave. Grow up, Jact is not responsid for the mistake, put credit were it belongs on the postal service. If you would of thought about it befor you wrote maybe you would have gotten a very different attitude.
    I feel Majic Jack has wonderful customer service, they help me very promply and with respect. If all businesses had the customer service such as Majic Jack it would be a better place to do bussiness. And for all you complainters, you need to grow up and act like adults.
    Respectfully to majic jack you give great service and for the rest of you if you make a call when your upset, you should get just what you give. Donna P

• On
    One happy customer Jan 20, 2010

I just got done speaking with Lizzie and I must say she did a wonderful job on the phone. Even though I can not use it because we are on satellite, it have been a joy speaking with her. She handled my question quickly and very polite. She is a bonus that one. I think your company has excellent service. Now I wan to apply for a job with your company. Like I said you have customer service far and above other companies.
    Most people are upset when they need customer service and they want their problem fixed yeasterday but I can see that what ever training Lizzie has had makes a very good company asset.
    To those who are belly aching about customer service, keep in mine that the person on the other emd is a human being and deservse respect. What ever, just do not call until you cool off. Why ruin her day because you can not control your anger. Not very adult behavior.
    AGAIN BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE HAD IN A LONG TIME. My reguards Donna Parker. Hope I can get a job with your company it sounds like fun and a very good team of people

• Je
    Jearldene Coughlin Jan 19, 2010

I keep getting kicked off the internet therefore I can't receive or make a call. I get a dialtone and the number sounds like it goes through but the other phone I'm calling doesn't ring. My computer majic jack screen reads "not connected". This is very annoying especially since I paid for service I am not being able to receive. I can be reached at [protected]. I need this resolved ASAP.

• Ge
    get her done Jan 10, 2010

Majic jacks equipment is continually failing and then there is their no customer service, reps are not knowledgable, and are not empowered to make any decisions on their own. They always want the customer to pay for something even when the problem is not the customers but rather the need to replace faulty equipment and charge the customer shipping and handling fees but rather than eat this expense they would rather lose the customer

• Ha
    havenouse Oct 03, 2009

this is a scam and i used it two days and stopped using it all together it sucks and im in wv and need to use a pa number ao this majicjack is no damn use to me?????????????////////

marlene m toney Aug 26, 2009

Once more we are being lied to. This product is not what it claims. I am out $70 because i kept blaming my computer, my intenet connection. Much to my chagrin i now see that it is one more way for some greedy capitalistic money monger to take and not give. Shame on you for displaying a child and dogs to hawk your product. I am hoping to hear of your shut down. I have a large extended family and word of mouth is the best advertisement there is. I HATE MY MAJIC JACK

• Re
    redhands Aug 20, 2009

We are are on a tight buget of $900- a month. Her mother lived out of town & we could only afford to call her 2 or 3 times a year. MJ, looked like a dream cone true, but ended up be a scam. It worked well about half the time the first 3 weeks. After that the thing gave us many incoming calls of 2 types. One, was the frequent wrong numbers all hours of the day and night, the other was being disconnected as soon as we aswerered phone. As far as outgoing calls after the third week, it didn't work. It would hang up as soon as the call numbers were dialed.
    Their service department had me go into my computer & change some things, still didn't work. Lost connection with the online service help and was unable to re-establish for several days. Got (and continue to get) e-mail telling me I have voice mail. I have sent them several replys and discribed problem as best I could. They NEVER answered the problem. I still get " you have voice-mail".

• Ke
    kenherzig Aug 19, 2009

phone does not make outgoing calls, in spite of minimal help from majicjack

HOW DO I PAY????????

NO COMPLAINT!!!

no complaint!!!

ENJONES Aug 09, 2009

I want to pay my renewal fee of $19.95 per year. How do I do this?????

joe mouallem Jul 05, 2009

no support for there products no phone to call, i want my money back from those people

• St
    STVEN Jun 24, 2009

I HAER NOSIES ON PHONE! WHY IS THERE NO NUMBER

• St
    STVEN Jun 24, 2009

MY MAJIC JAC IS BAD. AND PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN HEAR NOSIES. LIKE SOMEONE PRESS BUITTONS. HOW CAN I GET THIS FIX AND WHY IS THERE NO NUMBER!!!

• Mo
    morrispt4 Jun 23, 2009

i just add credit to my card and i cant make a call, cant get customer service no number, no one to talk to for help... i hate this service this is robberies i need my money back

• Da
    davefromohio Jun 22, 2009

I have had the magicjack installed for almost a year and have never experienced a problem yet, and I think its a great service for the price. Only cons I have are as follows...

1. They do put a hold on your bank account (unless you buy it from best buy or somewhere similar)
    2. The computer you set it up on has to be powered on to make or receive calls. It also helps to have a fast internet connection as well for the best sound quality.

I just called my sister who lives 6 hours away, and it was just as good as a regular landline IMO. I recommend it highly!

• Lp
    L. Pit Jun 21, 2009

HEY CLOSE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS THAT MAJICJACK HAS THEY ARE GOING TO JACK YOU OFF LIKE MAJIC. no good liar> THERES GOING TO BE ALOT OF USED COMPUTERS TOO, BET

• Lp
    L. Pit Jun 21, 2009

DUDE NO ONE IS CALLING YOU BACK YOU WERE RIPPED OFF BY A LITTLE GIRLS DAD THAT RAN OFF WITH OUR MONEY AND INFO FROM OUR COMPUTERS. CHECK ON THIS CON ARTIST ON A BEACH IN BRAZIL. ITS IS OVER TILL THE NEXT ROUND WHEN ALL OUR RECORDS ARE USED BY SOME FUGITIVE . DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. THAT INTERNT ADVISE IS FOR SURE.

• Pi
    Pierre E. May 24, 2009

I must disagree. I am an independent consumer and user of the magicJack and have no affiliation with the firm, whatsoever. I have had the magicJack.com within the past year since June, 2008. I have had no communications problems and although I do understand your having issues with their not having a live customer service representative to speak with via a real hand phone. However, they do have a virtual operator online. To ask any questions of them you must log onto the site (www.mymagicJack.com) and click on the "LIVE OPERATOR" ICON. I have just finished communicating with a female virtual operator today and she was quite curteous with proper customer service handling in answering my queries. Then after completing the q & a I was able to fill out a short survey at my discretion, with a favorable review. You might want to try following these steps to contact them and re-request any refunds that you need. But the service does work and is definitely NOT A SCAM.

• Na
    Nader Afshar May 23, 2009

Hi, my name is nader afshar, and i purchaed a magic jack in may 6th, i just installed it today as i was out of town, however I saw you have reduced the price to $59.95. Would you please give me a refund of around $40.00

• Vm
    v.mehta May 02, 2009

my phone is not receving or making outgoing calls all i get is a dial tone i would like if you can call me back to fix the problem. my name is vipul mehta number i can be reached is [protected] the phone number in question is [protected] thank you for taking the time to correct this.

• Ph
    phelpsnc Apr 27, 2009

I've had MajicJack for almost a year now. I ordered two but I only setup one. Service was spotty at best for the first two months. Then nothing, service stopped working (would not stay connected online) and No customer service--- period! No human customer service and online help never gets me anywhere. I unplugged the jack months ago. My fear --- annual renew is said to be automatic unless jacks are returned. Where to return the jacks and will I receive credit for the return????? I'm afraid to chance the return and I'm afraid what they will do to my bank account for the auto-renewal!!!

My advise to anyone who hasn't bought into the MajicJack, is don't!!! You'd get more satisfaction from using two cans and a string. AT&T may be higher but at least it is there when I need it and I can always get a live person when I need to.