Having problems with MagicJack?

MagicJack reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 1, 2008. The latest review Pathetic useless and scummy service was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint magicjack go was resolved on Oct 15, 2017. MagicJack has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 285 reviews. MagicJack has resolved 152 complaints.

MagicJack Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 624 4252 (Customer Care)
+1 844 866 2442 (Billing Inquires - Within the US or Canada)
+1 561 594 9925 (Billing Inquires - Outside the US or Canada)
PO Box 6785
West Palm Beach, Florida
United States - 33405-6785

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MagicJack Customer Service. Initial MagicJack complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MagicJack above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MagicJack. Discuss the issues you have had with MagicJack and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MagicJack Complaints & Reviews

Oct 12, 2021

MagicJack — Pathetic useless and scummy service

I have had MagicJack for over 20 yrs for most part it works. However, if you need help, I then suggest you...

Aug 25, 2021

MagicJack — Report scam

On August 23, 2021. I initiated my service with MagicJack. When I called in to activate my phone, the alleged...

MagicJackBilling department / General policies

I have been trying to get my remaining time transferred to my new MJ from my old non-functioning one. Many calls to the billing dept., most of which have ended with them hanging up on me. I have spent over 2 hours on this so far, with no results as yet. They have escalated but can't tell me when I should receive a response and there's no way to get beyond the first line CS reps. Awful, horrible, hideous customer service. MagicJack doesn't care about their customers at all, except for their money...

MagicJackUnfair Trading Practices & Consumer Fraud

I have been a MagicJack customer for 13 years with a NYC number. I am transitioning out of state and am selling and transferring my old number out to another carrier. The port of the old number out to the new carrier is on the same date as the number expires and MagicJack is price gouging attempting to charge for an entire year subscription in order to make the transfer occur without problems. I asked MagicJack customer service agents to cooperate with the new carrier and/or take steps to escalate the issue to senior which they refused to do. In fact when 3 customer service agents pressed for the agent ID's, I was given fake agent numbers and another agent refused to identify themself.

After a 13 year run with MagicJack I was going to get a new number with them for the new state I'm moving to but the fact that they are refusing to cooperate with the new carrier and and engage is what is a unfair trade practices is forcing me to bring a lawsuit against MagicJac and it's agents for unfair trade practices and consumer fraud.

MagicJackMagicJack Support

MagicJack technical support hides behind a chat wall. Yes hides. (I ran a call centre for years so I clearly recognize this behaviour). It's even more frustrating that after entering all of the required contact information into the form provided in order to get into the chat support queue, the first thing the agent asks is: please type all of your information again.

Absolutely mindless, or purposeful if you are trying to annoy customers and make it more difficult / time consuming for your agents and customers. Either way that's the result created -- a preventable, bad customer experience from the beginning.

When asked about contacting someone to resolve a technical issue they replied "For only $14.99* per year, you can enjoy the convenience of receiving premium technical support over the phone. Would you like for me to walk you through how to purchase this service today? " The gaul. My phone provider wants extra fees to speak to me about an issue with their system.

MagicJack is all about getting your $. Once that has occurred they ignore you. They have the WORST Customer service I've ever encountered.

• De
          Deborah Hite-Santoro Oct 01, 2021

Yes agreed! We too had a similar experience. MagicJack automatically took it upon themselves & auto renewed our 3 yr subscription & changed it to a 1 yr (w/o our knowledge or consent or even a courtesy heads up text or email) & now our service not working and when attempted outbound call line says "Error!" Tried contacting customer service [protected] but office closed message says to seek own solutions & troubleshoot online at help.MagicJack.com for online chat! Tried online chat, typed problem advising service auto-renewal paid-in-full but niw line dead says "error" when placing calls. Chat advised for a $1 fee that will be happy to connect me to a Service Representative who can assist me? Wth? Very very poor & non existent Customer Service with MagicJack! Yes router was restarted & yes cables tight & yes wifi & internet all working fine! 😡

Magic JackHome

I purchased the system a few weeks ago. I can receive inbound calls.

Can't make out bound calls from the hand held phone.
        The first two digits do not go thru.

I spoke to them on the phone ( billing department ) no help. They made me register the problem on line ( no live person ). They responded with no help. I thought the problem might be the phone.

I spent $99 for a new phone. Same problem.

It must be the system, but no one to talk too.

Be careful when you consider this system

• St
            Striddle Jan 15, 2021

I had the exact problem., No help from Ebay or magicjack. I ordered a Magicjack. It was advertised as new but when I received it it was an old model and magicjack said no longer compatible. I contacted Ebay to return it and the sent me an Email with attachment to return the item with return label, but I couldn't open the attachment . It said technical difficulties. I've tried to talk to someone at Ebay but no live contact. Just return instructions. Guess I'll return it to the sender at my expense without the return label and no guarantee I will be refunded my money. No help from Ebay or magicjack at all.

Magic JackReturn my original 4 months of subscription that was erased after my purchase of new device.

Purchased a new magic jack device (Magic Jack Home) because my old device (Magic Jack Plus) was no longer working; however, I still had a subscription that will expire on 3/19/20. The new device gave me a 12 month subscription, erased my old subscription of which I had 4 months left.

I called billing, (by the way I had to wait 30 minutes to speak to someone. A lot of good that did) told billing about my situation and they refused to add the remaining old subscription to my new subscription which would make my total subscription 16 months.
          I think it's only fair to get what I paid for and shouldn't be penalized to purchasing a new device out of necessity.
          uandb adric

Apr 26, 2020

MagicJack — Product, customer service response, and quality of phone

This is the worst service ever! I would not advise buying the MagicJack! I have had the service since 2017...

Feb 17, 2020

MagicJack — Home phone line

I have had MagicJack for a number of years and just decided to have my home number to be ported over to my...

MagicJackPlus

I am a new customer of Magic Jack, I received my new device on September 6, 2019, but I did not activate the service until September 16, because my then service from Basic Talk would be up in September 21. I received a new number and the service was suppose to work in 3 simple steps. Will my service only works most times with outgoing service, I can not receive incoming calls. I have notified Magic Jack 10 times since September 21, 2019, they keep telling me that Optimum needs to open a new port, that makes no sense because Basic Talk services worked fine. After not getting anywhere, a tech from magic jack told me on October 5 magic jack again on October 6, that my device might be defective and I have to pay for a new device. On October 5, Optimum technician came out to my residence and checked the line, he advised me that there was no need for a port change, that Magic Jack needs to correct block they have on my incoming service, because if something was wrong with line no service would come through. This is where I stand no incoming service and when I called back on October 6, the customer service representative took my contact number to have a Supervisor call me back, as of October 8, 2019, no one has called me back from Magic Jack, so I want my money back and this service cancelled. What am I paying for one way service. No way.

MagicJackTerrible customer support - over 12 hours - no resolution

MagicJack stopped ringing. Customer service doesn't want to fix issue and 2nd level support does not contact as promised. Terrible support. My MagicJack phone stopped ringing. I can make outbound calls, but it will not ring. Contacted Magic Jack support and even purchased new device to fix issue but nothing works. Was on hold for Customer Support over 1 hour and tech "hung up" on me because I told them my other MagicJack device at the same location was working properly on the same network. The tech said it was an Internet issue, when I asked how he came to this absurd assumption and I explained that I spent over an hour troubleshooting and I am a network technician. The tech got snippy with me and literally hung up. I called back and had to wait another hour before I was connected to another tech. This second tech was not able to fix issue. I contacted support through CHAT and was on the chat for almost 3 hours and still did not get a resolution. It's obvious that either the device is bad (which I don't believe) because I purchased another new one and got the same result or MagicJack has made changes to my account that forces my incoming calls directly to voicemail. Overall their support is staffed with un-knowledgeable people and their Conciegiere Service for rapid customer support, which is an extra price has a working phone number but the option prompts do not accept your input and it keeps repeat to call back the support number, which is the same number I am calling. Overall, this company should be fined heavily for their in ability to provide the service they promised. I have had problems with them double billing me in the past and was never refunded any money for the double billing. This company is NOT REPUTABLE and they should be fined and or sued for these issues.

nocrap Oct 12, 2021

i believe half of the problems are deliberate way for customers to BUY their newer model
                  i did i have had more problems with the newer majicjack.

May 16, 2019

MagicJack — magicjackgo

I Purchased the Magicjack device on February 8th, 2018. On December 23, 2018, I renewed my MagicJackGo...

Mar 11, 2019

MagicJack — Subscription

On August 2018 I bought a 5 years MJ subcription. A tech named Chris Adams help me to set it up on my ifone...

MagicJackNew magic jack or payment not received

I purchased a new majic jack over a month ago. It was defective . You said send it back and we will reimberse you. I sent it back over a month ago. Never received payment for it. the order The order number was T5806699717 my account number is [protected] my name is Lawrence Albano my address is 106 E Victorian A ve space 48 Sparks NV Why did you never get back to me? My phone number was [protected]

Respond

MagicJackVery poor call quality and customer service

MagicJack is the worst VOIP provider I have experienced. Their call quality is terrible and calls drops. I also tried it with a 10$ prepaid card for India calling and calls keep dropping and I ended up using whatsapp calling. I used to have comcast service and did a mistake by switching to MagicJack

I finally decided to move to Vonage but MagicJack took 9 days to release my number which ended up passing my 30day free trial period so they do not have to return the money. When I call, they just said nothing can be done and it happens to many customers and I should have canceled within 30 days.

Very poor customer service. If you are trying due to its low cost please make up your mind within first 2 weeks so you can cancel it in time.

Respond

MagicJackSomeone took over the service to our phone

someone has taken over our phone line, people have been trying to call and can't get through, when we tried to call our phone number our phone does not ring and we get a message that says we are not accepting calls at this time, our phone is set so the answering machine picks up, I called my sister and she told me about the message. our phone number is [protected].

MagicJack — Won't work

Got a magic jack. I went on line, registered my device. got my phone number ported. Said I was ail set to use...

MagicJack — magicjack

I purchased a MagicJack around October 31 2018. It came with the magicjack and a year of service. In the box...

MagicJackI want my magicjack device to be connected with my email id.

I have already mailed on an email id i.e. [protected]@magicjack.com
                      Hey There,

We have a Magic Jack number i.e. +[protected] for our company KEY CONCEPTS.

Previously the email id connected to this account was [protected]@keyconcepts.co.in
                      But now whenever I am connecting the device, the error is shown while logging into my account that "This email id is not available for the device"

I have renewed the number and the calling facility is working properly, but I need my account to be connected with the email id: [protected]@keyconcepts.co.in
                      Please look into the matter and guide me how to connect my email id with our magicJack Device.

Thankyou,

MagicJackmagicjack

Someone said this already but I repeat: "Magicjack has the worse customer service and warranty I have ever seen". In addition this company also has the worst return and exchange service on the face of this planet. You'll be calling them and each customer service representative you talk to is giving you a different story. With respect to return and exchange. Exchange is impossible. Return is near impossible it would have been better for you to just keep the device especially if you are not in the states and say I'm Canada. So you have to pay to return. The do not pay for the return. If you are in Canada that's say $20-30. If you don't pay for tracking it's $10 and since they know most people will opt for this they'll say oh so it seems there is no tracking number as such there is no way to process your refund without tracking. My advice to Canadian customers especially if you want to return it forget it or either lose 70 for the device. If you end up paying for tracking and they refund you then you only getting back say 30. Useless company.