Majic Jackrip off

P

Majic Jack is a rip off. Same as other complaints. However, it jacked up my internet access altogether. It dragged the log on time significantly and they charged my cc 70.80 not the 39.95 and now my credit card company wants proof. Well isn't that convenient, nothing in writing, and no packing slip in the box. No where to return for refund no response from them at all. This is the biggest rip off ever. no more on line or tv offers for me.

• Mk
    MkStItCh Jan 05, 2014

" So I bought one, went through the installation process, which ask you to register the device. " I don't agree with what they did BUT as you said, you registered the device. I would say that you have 1 year from that date to get the free offer.

• St
    Steve7771 Jan 04, 2014

Last year i was told by MajicJack that if I bought a majicJack Plus, they could easlily switch my dads phone num ber from his existing provided to MajicJack with a delay on not more than a couple of hours. So I bought one, went through the installation process, which ask you to register the device. Then I had to go online with one of their customer service people to get the number switched. So after about a two hour online chat with this person that didn't know what the hell he was talking about i asked for a manager. After speaking to the manager for about twenty minutes. i was told that it could take 7 - 10 days to get the number switched and they could not say how much of those days his phone would be down entirely. So my father got pissed of and told me to remove it and he would stick with Comcast.

So the devise sat for over a year unused. So now i decide to at the very least, get my $70.00 worth of one years free service that i never received.

SAo one again, I plug it into my computer at home, go though about a 90 minute download, then go online with one of the (VERY WEE TRAINED CUSTOMER SERVICE) reps from who knows what country and explain everything to her and after 2 more hours of frustration and anger i get shuffled to a MANAGER. This manager took ab out 25 minutes just to review my previous chat. Maybe she did not read english, i dont know. But in the end she finally got what i was talking about. Then she informed me that the first year service ended in Sept 2-13 and I would have to renew to use it. I toldf her it had never been used and i wanted nmy first year of free service. Then the B^%E$^$ ignore my next two line in the chat and typed

you must not be there any longer so i am going to have to end the chat and she basically pushed a button and i was dead in the water.

MajicJack is a greedy money sucking hole. They stared out a good company providing good savings and decent customers service but all of that is gone. They use foreign customer service people paying them pennys, suck more and more money out of their customers and then hang up on you when you asking for a fix so that you can use what you paid for.

• Cp
    cpolidore Mar 13, 2012

what about sending a fax or receiving one

• Ga
    Gary Unhappy Feb 04, 2012

I agree I will try a charge back also

• Wh
    Where's Ralph Nader Jan 01, 2012

I was ordering online and never finished my order, their site took over, completed my order and when I hit the back key, the page(s) had "Expired." I immediately got on to their 'Live person Chat line" and after almost 40 minutes - 29 minutes of waiting, dead time. I was able to "Cancel." my order? They charged my bank account even before I was off the Chat. They claim they wait for the 31st day to charge as this is advertised as a 30-day Free Trial. Now, with no way to reply to their 'cancellation' and unauthorized charges I need to go to my bank and do a chargeback.

This company is not even close to customer care. and definitely does not keep their word, i.e. illegal practices. They should be exposed for what they truly are. For the other complaints I have read on here - sorry - don't have the time to read them ALL - too many...get with your bank and do a charge-back. You will need to prove the actions you took to correct their errors. Enough chargebacks should run this unethical company out of business. Fight back for what is right.

• He
    Heywood Jablowme Sep 02, 2011

They did it just to piss you off. And...hey guess what...it worked.

• Wa
    Walton Stohs Aug 31, 2011

$10 charge appeared on my credit card without any explanation
    as to what it was for. My contract called for a flat amount for
    the year. What gives?

Walt

• Pr
    Precious Princess May 04, 2011

I want the phone calls to stop to my phone from Majic Jack

• Ba
    Baby Toad Apr 28, 2011

I've been calling MJ since last July (2010) because after renewing my subscription for 5 years, every time I tried to call on it, I got nothing but a busy signal of just 3 beeps...then nothing! When I contacted them online time & again, I was told to be patient but by March of this year (2011) my patience ran out! They did finally tell me to send it back & they would refund just $20 BUT I PAID THEM $50!! Our phone companies in Nebraska found a way to block M J...at least that's what I think!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS COMPANY IS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE SELLING THEIR MAGIC JACKS!! THEY SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR FRAUD!!

norajean malone Sep 27, 2010

is there any product compairable? to majic jack that may run on zorrin thanks nora

norajean malone Sep 26, 2010

yes hello I purchased magic jack for my home phone and was unaware that the program Zorin instead of windows [ pro ; would not allow me to use magic jack on it . Tbis was very disturbing to me because not only am i a single parent and have to leave my kids and have to go to work and have no line of communication for my teenagers .Please the store which I purchased said I cant have my money back !he said that their is nothing that they can do .is there any thing comparable and wok on zorin I really need this land line and need your assist also I did not see any were on the paperwork that the only progran would be window s for this program to work please help! thank you Nora Malone.Is there any thing I can do? is there any thing that would have a zorrin pro gram to support this current computer status, . thanks so much worried about leving them today sorry for your inconvenience sincerly nora jean malune

• Ib
    ibrahim haba Aug 29, 2010

my majicjack all the time gives me this message(error deploying majicjack.dll
    access denied or file in use. it can be used by other application or system.) please help me to resolve this ?

• THESILVERPRINCE Aug 20, 2010

IS IT TRUE MAJIC JACK HAS AND DOES SELL ALL INFORMATION TO BIG BUSSINESS.
    I FINE ALL MY INFORMATION GOS AWAY EVERY NOW AND THEN

• Ga
    garry_hewitt Jul 16, 2010

They are nothing but a bunch of thieves

• Fo
    F Oglesby Mar 08, 2010

Biggest problem I have is leaving my computer on all the time for it to work like your land line. Seperate computer is really the answer, I just have not reconfigured my stuff at home. Your VM (which you cannot remove) can be accesseed from another computer but totally screws you FAX answering if you still use a FAX on your line. Biggest problem I have is that it takes forever to load when you turn on your computer. It also tends to drop any call put on hold. Pretty irratating when in a queue. Once on it does work as advertised with a wired or wireless phone. I have had no issues with billing either. One bill at 90 days for $43 something for the first year. My internet is provided by COMCAST which is very reliable.

• Jj
    jjjjjjjjjjjj Feb 13, 2010

If you buy this product, go to a company like Walgreens, Walmart and get it from them. If you don't like it take it back to them. Don't deal with MajicJack, deal with the kind of companies in your town. I got one from Walgreens and I really didn't like this item at all and just took it back to them and got my money back. You have 30 days to get a refund from Walgreens.

• Re
    Rex B. Thacher Jan 20, 2010

Drop calls, thats all I get with MJ, i'm on my 3rd MJ at there request, and alot of tecks who cant do a thing about it, its time this peice of junk be taken off the market, what a rip-off market so more the people out here wont get ripped off. Instead of calling it a MJ, it should be called a rip off, I got your money, sorry about your luck.

• Tr
    trend100 Jan 10, 2010

check the following link

• Ph
    Phoenic Designs Jan 09, 2010

On thier website, majic jack puts in writing the assurance that the ability to transfer an existing phone number will happen sometime in 2009. Based on that promise, I purchased the product, I even was able to make personal contact for one on one support when the product was purches in late 2008. It is now 2010. No ability to trnasfer an existing phone number, the promise was not kept, and the only means of contact is by live chat. When I pressed the issue, the chat was terminated. All the operator would write was "we are working on it". When I asked for a contact phone number, the chat was terminated.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They provide no means for resolution of product conflicts. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS.

• Ha
    hanker Dec 26, 2009

However, i`m not a skeptical but believe the things i have read here... because there ARE bad reviews ABOUT MAGIC JACK, i have found out what i wanted to know.
    2 main things:
    #1, , , they obviously do not notify you of the "recommended minimum system requirements"...as computer games manufacturers do clearly on the outside of the box.
    #2, , , people HAVE had probs with customer service, there was easily someone there to take their orders AND their MONEY then when the time came, an exact opposite performance was experienced by these people.. NUF READ, , NUF SAID...
    was thinking about doing it, i got ripped of by a google scam for over a hundred bucks, didnt listen to the warnings by those who tried it, im listening now!!

• Cy
    cynnomynn2205 Dec 24, 2009

I am so glad that I've read these complaints before purchasing this product Magicjack! I knew it sounded to good to be true and so it is!! I see some ppl who have no complaints and says their product is working just fine. I can't help but wonder why is it that majority of the ppl that purchase this product have complaints and bad experiences and the few, I can count on one hand, has none!! Thanks to all the comments but I have made the decision not to purchase and will pass on these complaints I've read. Thanks to everyone!

• Co
    compling cry baby Oct 29, 2009

###ing cry baby

• SPG Consultants Oct 07, 2009

Thanks for the info !! sorry you had to take a Hit !

• taxman Oct 07, 2009

I have a magic jack it works great maybe your computers firewall was the cause, Sorry to hear about it

Best of luck .. Guess that is the way it goes when your a cheap skate !! LOL

• Mu
    murt41 Oct 07, 2009

I bought this and for awhile it was good, but then i had a problem, poor customer service made it a nightmare to resolve(which by the way it was not)they wanted to recharge me for a replacement of the mj wich i already payed for.for people on a fixed income this is seemed to be a great way to have a home phone.look out if there is something wrong with it.

• Hy
    hypersniper Sep 26, 2009

I had this problem once, one i plugged in the majic jack directly to the usb port on the computer windows wouldnt recognize it even though it did before. So after hours to figuring out what went wrong and trying to explain to a customer service via chat I decided to connect it to a little usb hub I have plugged in on the back of the computer and vola! it worked. I think its probably low voltage on the usb ports, I dunno. Try and see if that works for you.

• Gr
    Graywolf48 Sep 26, 2009

Bought the Majic Jack about a little over 3 months ago. It worked adequately for the first couple of months. It frequently dropped calls, sound quality was fair. During any conversation that lasted more than a few minutes, you'd be disconnected, but I hear the same complaints about all VOIP services costing more than this device. Just a few days ago, the device quit working all together. The only way to contact the company for assistance is via "chat", to someone in India or Uzbekistan, I'm sure. I wasted over an hour, with four different technicians, repeating the same steps over and over again to no avail. They just didn't seem to understand that the blue light would not stay on and the computer stopped recognizing the device because it malfunctioned. No one would authorize a replacement, which is probably just as well since S&H to send it back and get a replacement is about $7 each way.

Save your money, this device is cheap plastic junk, doesn't work very well and probably won't last very long. Even the manufacturer doesn't use it because there is no way to contact them by phone, only by chat room. That should have been a red flag right there. Majic Jack is a rip off.

• La
    latinlover09 Sep 08, 2009

wow lol complaing on this "MAJICJACK" like it one it the comments.below..if you want to buy this item go to the walgreens store and get it there...and then buy some CHECK Card with the logo VISA or MC and deposit some money there...around $40 or $35 and then give this # to the company and if then want to charge you more for this wont be much money there...so DON"T give your CREDIT CARD # or DEBIT CARD # !!! be smart!!!.open your ejes guys... GOOD LUCK !!!hahahaha WAKE UP!!!...

"GOOD COMMENTS"
    when shopping on the net use a dedicated check card with a visa logo. Only put funds into that account that is actually charged by the company. In otherwards if they say that the cost for the product is $29.95, then you transfer $31.95 from your regular account to your dedicated check card account. If they decided to charge more the funds will not be there...Wake up guys this is the 21 st cen.

• Sd
    sdmokk4 Aug 06, 2009

Majic jack has been a Lifesafer. Never EVER any problems .. and when I needed someone when I first got it to walk me thru the set up to acquire my new number. Tech support walk me thru it step by step . never missing a beat. I absolute it .. I use it for my personal and all my businesses plus I use it to be able to fax out thru my computer, when I couldn 't before. so Majic Jack has open this door for me when I couldn't .. All I can say to those who are having computer problems is you need to buy a updated computer and throw out your dino computer. I travel extensively all over the US and go into some foregn countries and still no problems. ROCK ON Majic Jack.. Sure wish I could by stock in the company.

• Ke
    kevin morrow Jul 31, 2009

ipluged it in anr it sa WARNING YOU MUST PLUG INTO USB PORT
    as if thats not where i put it .i to think it is a scam of some sort.

• To
    TomZNaper Jul 22, 2009

Hi, I have been using a MagicJack for just over a year. It works. What else can I say? I work from home quite often, so I use it to join conference calls or make business calls for free. In fact, I just took them up on the 5 yrs for $60 offer. I would not try to use it as a land line replacement, but I cut my land line features to the bare minimum. The land line is basically 911 insurance.

I believe the key to success with MagicJack is use a semi-dedicated PC to drive it. I plugged into an old desktop it is rarely used. It has enough powder to drive the MJ, but not much more. I had a friend that tried to use a MJ on a very low powered laptop, that was her only PC. It never really worked out. She had dial tone that others mentioned. If you have an old PC that you don't mind dedicating to a MJ, go for it.

Joe A. Puig Jul 12, 2009

I have had nothing but problems with my magic jack. Does any body test there stuff like this jack before they get greedy for there money? No its all about the money first then the problems start to pop up! Don't waste your money people, won't work on all P/C'S good luck with it if you try it you will need it!

• Ne
    newerapestcontrol Jun 26, 2009

Got mine at wal-mart as a gift (how convenient and nice of my boys for fathers day) So far I am very happy with Majic Jack. I use it for my business and it works great for our needs. I am also happy to say that it beats VIOP Providers (we know who some are) hands down. My customers say the quality is fantastic compared to my vocalocity.com days. Having a pc that is cut out for the job really makes a difference, with plenty of ram and minimum applications and services running in the background. This works great and has some good features as well. I actually feel great! I feel I am finally getting something for what I am paying and these days thats a rarity! Thanks Majic Jack

p.s I do not work for majic jack nor its partners. Just a wise consumer!

Happy :)

New Era Pest Control
    Miami Florida

jackoff May 24, 2009

Majic Jackoffs

• Nr
    n rahim May 23, 2009

I am trying to pay my rewable fee it is not taking .it says it got my order Id 2663222ORA-06512 it is not working .Please help me

• Nr
    n rahim May 23, 2009

Majic jack does not renew my service [protected]

NollTech May 21, 2009

I love the MajicJack device. I bought mine from Radio Shack for $39.99 with the first year service included in that price, a $19.95 value. I have a standalone computer that I use for a web server and I installed the MajicJack with no problems. I loved that I could get a local area code number. I hooked up my fax machine and tried to send a fax and I got a connection error. I notice that my web server was doing an update, so I stopped the update and tried faxing again and it worked fine. It worked so well I went back to Radio Shack and bought the Uniden five unit cordless phone set (43-266) and plugged it into the MajicJack. I put a phone in my office, one in the family room and the other two in the bedrooms. It works great as long as my web server is not doing something strenuously over the internet.

• Ho
    Howard Mess jr. May 04, 2009

CATUCH vIRUS NO SERVICE NO FILES

• Co
    cory Apr 28, 2009

Most complaints are fake and made from competitors and live chatted with a associate there!

Rizza: Hello, how may I help you?

cory: hello

cory: i bought majic jack but

cory: i looked it up and there is tons of people saying its a fraud

cory: like here Majic Jack — rip off

cory: is that true?

Rizza: Hi there Cory.

Rizza: It's not true Cory.

Rizza: That is one the did of our competitors. They ant us to be down because as of this moment our expansion is too big.

cory: do you have phone support?

Rizza: I do apologize but we only have chat support as of the moment.

• Mc
    MCShadow Apr 26, 2009

I totally agree with you !!! I have a friend that has this service not only does it not work...he has NO address to send it to.