Complaints & Reviews

discontinued service

I purchased a Magic Jack @ Best Buy about 2 mo ago for $39.95 - This includes one year of service with free calls in the US etc. You can't call other places unless you prepay. Today my MJ wouldn't work. After over an hour "chatting" with Geraldine and then Roy all I know is they say I have an unpaid balance on my account but they cannot tell me why, how much or any other rational information. Finally I just disconnected because they were asking me to explain to them how this occured. They wanted to know if my credit cards were not paid up and if I had unpaid PREPAID international calls and my shipping address(I printed the dialogue for entertainment value) -- it was obvious they could not explain why they had discontinued my service except they claimed I had an unpaid balance-- THEY ADVERTISE THAT EVEN CHILDREN CAN NOT PLACE CALLS THAT WOULD CREATE A BILL so if you want to possibly waste your money with no sane explanation feel free. Also I know of situations where they charge the card immediately despite their promises to the contrary and then after that they tried to bill a second time saying the first charge didn't go through.

• Do
    Dodieh Feb 23, 2010

If you bought MagicJack from BEST BUY I would wonder if Best buy forwarded the
    $39.95 to MagicJack !!! ???
    If they did not, then MagicJack techs would of course ask the Qs they did of you.
    I have used MJ since 5/08 and have seen the tone quality improve, especially after
    they joined AT&T . Occassionally I get cut off during a conversation, but I think that
    has more to do with my Cable Co., than with anything else.
    If the connection is bad, I have asked to call back the person on the other end, after which
    we usually end up having a better connection. That has only happened with a caller on
    a cellphone and a friend who lives near an airport. More of a signal problem.
    This problem is little to put up with, considering the very, very low cost. What is odd is
    the fact that I can have worse connections within USA, and always have a great connection to Europe and Canada. I bought the 5 Year plan a year back, and hope they stay in business forever. I must say, my last Customer Service call did irritate me too.
    Apparently Customer Service has been outsourced to Asia and complicated Qs were ignored or given inadequate answers. But again, as it is, it has saved me hundereds of $ calling abroad.
    I hope your problem of unpaid access will solve, especially if you are stubborn and pursue
    this with BEST BUY. OR SHOULD WE RENAME THAT COMPANY ?...considering some
    of their selling techniques lately, which border on false advertising ?
    If you can't get it solved, I would return the phone to BEST BUY within 30 days, and order one online as I did, and had absolutely no problem with the accounting.
    Do watch out for one thing though.
    Have no foreign minutes credit left on the MJ when you return it.
    You will loose that... I don't think they bother to credit that to a new MJ with a new
    phone number. ...Good Luck...!!!

Jason carter Mar 23, 2011

Magic Jack should be called Crap Jack as that is what it is. They also stole from me in the same way as explained above. They will NOT answer any questions, their chat is hiding place for them, they have no phone, only the chat, or they are required to give a phone number to credit card company but it does not work, they refer you to another number, after an extensive hold a person comes on line from the Philippians, but speaks too quite to hear what they are saying, they refuse to turn up the volume, they refuse to do anything, they will not let you return the product, do Not give a refund, they do Nothing, but refer you back to the chat where they hide behind, you are better off to go site on a block of ice naked for the rest of your life then t get sucked into their scam & nothing more then 100% frustration with that crap jack. If you are interested in started legal action let me know, we paid for an extra 5 years, total of 6 years, but they refuse to allow the phone number to work, why because they tried to scam me, when I disputed the charge through Bank of America they refused to to allow us to use the number, they try hard at intimidation, they like to tell clients that their account is under review, that is their way of keeping the money that you gave them & them not allowing you to use the magicjack device. It is hard to believe that they would be concerned about their reputation, just check out on google complaints magic jack

magicjack idiot complaints

I have read a number of the complaints about the MagicJack and and I am in awe of the idiots that could not...

beware: magicjack will not replace bad units bought through third parties

Beware! Magicjack will not replace a unit that goes bad from Walgreens or any other third party. They state...

contact info

This is not a complaint, rather a response to those who have been taken in by magicjack. I have posted a complaint with the bbb of southeast florida. The matter is still under dispute, however, I do have what no one else seems to be able to locate: contact information!!! According to the first response from the company (given to the bbb so no doubt it is correct) their address is: magicjack 5700 georgie avenue, west palm beach florida 33405. The man that responded to my complaint was peter russo at [protected]. I hope this helps anyone else that was sucked in by this company.

• Me
    MelHan Jun 15, 2009

We purchased a magic jack six months ago. Everything was working fine until the device stopped working and we requested a replacement. It has been two weeks and we still do not have a replacment. There is no customer service except for e-mail, one e-mail we received in repsonse to our request was written by who does not speak english or very young.
    Thanks to the writer who provided a phone number.
    I'm thinking justic department action, attorney gereral or securities and exchange commission.

monthly bill

I purchased a magic jack at wal-mart. On the package, it stated that the 39.95 payment was all that I had to pay for one year of service. When hooking up my phone, I had questions about the payment, because I went to the email link and I went to the faq page. I read a question, from a person who asked if there were any other charges. The answer was no, there was no other charges, but when recieving the email, I was told that a 14.95 a month bill would be billed on my regular phone bill each month. Is this not false advertising?

• Ol
    OldCuss Jun 11, 2009

I'm in my second year with magicJack and I have never received a monthly bill. It almost sounds like you signed up for dialup internet service.

• Co
    complaintsb0red Jun 21, 2010

With all due respect, that sounds like nonsense--there is no explanation as to why such would be added to your "regular phone bill" since there is no connection between your regular phone carrier and magic jack. I smell a falsehood.

misrepresentation

magicjack is everything they say it is not the company reps but all the folks that have been ripped off by this fraudulent bsI cant figure why no one has brought a class action lawsuit against this company they should be made to pay and be held responsible for this scam against the everyday trusting consumer public what the h is going on when the US attorney general lets this go on why havent they been shut down just my humble opinion but sounds like a lot of folks are of the same opinion

Major Disappointment Oct 15, 2009

There must be a government agency that could look into this and force the MagicJack company to provide a product/service, or refund their customer's money.

ending service prematurely

On May 20, 2008 I ordered 4units with 2 year service for each. The promotion at that time stated the units were FREE and each year service was $19.95...they cut me off and will only respond via "online chat"that "the units were $39.95 with 1 year free service"...they billed my credit card for $173 for 4 units !T hey claim I did not sign up for extra year. They refuse to acknowledge the second year.! They ran a fraudulent ad campaign! DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR ADS!!!
The device works mostly ok, sometimes you need to disconnect & reconnect later) BUT ONLY PAY FOR ONE YEAR AT A TIME!!!

• Al
    Alex May 24, 2009

Please save youserself time and money and don't but this piece of ###! It took me well over 3 days, but it didn't work. The customer service is horrible! They only chat with you on line and will balme every equipment that that you have for the failure of the piece of junk! Don't make the same mistake as most of us did...

• Te
    teresaamf Oct 19, 2009

I PURCHASED A MAGIC JACK IN AUGUST 2008, PAID $59.95 FOR A SUPPOSED 5 YEARS OF SERVICE, AND THEY CUT MY SERVICE OFF AFTER THE FIRST YEAR! I WAS TOLD I DID NOT PAY FOR A 5 YR SERVICE PLAN...BUT IT'S FUNNY THAT IT WAS DEDUCTED FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT BY MEANS OF MY DEBIT CARD IN JUST 15 DAYS!!! I SPENT NUMEROUS TIME E-MAILING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT., BUT I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT BE RE-CONNECTED WITHOUT AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $39.95 FOR A YEAR OF SERVICE.FORGET THIS PRODUCT. IT'S A BIG RIP-OFF, AND I FELL FOR IT!

• 50
    505735 Jul 02, 2010

teresaamf

Your and idiot!!! You said you paid for 5 years of service and you did not. If you paid the $59.95 that is only for the magic jack and the first year of service. The 5 year plan is $99 as stated on the website and on the packaging the device comes in. Magic Jack has never sold a five year plane for $59.95. If you could read maybe you would not have this problem. Any ways for the rest of you [censor]s out there the thing cost you $20 bucks a year and your still complaining. Your all a bunch of stupid pathetic red necks. The service is not that great, but its not that bad. I have been with them two years and the service is OK and they do take care of you. There is also something you pathetic people don't understand. Magic Jacks states and tells you not to use this device for a replacement or for emergency service. And if your Internet Service is slow then the thing wont work well and that is your stupid fault.Dumb [censor]s!!!

• Tr
    trackstercraig Jul 08, 2010

Cheesedick- Don't be mad because magic jack sucks [censor]!!! Your like the only person who had something good to say about it. That let's me know that your the dumb [censor]! It's obviously a huge scam! [censor] as service, [censor] [censor] customer service, and full OF lies lies lies! Your the pathetic idiot that fell for something that stupid! Maybe you and Magic jack should go cuddle, then play with each others saggy little balls and make love off all the [censor] that both of you have to offer [censor]!!!

matt damon Oct 06, 2010

[censor] magic jack right in his usb pooper. It's a piece of [censor]. Doesn't let you dial 1-800 #'s at all, and local calls to my and everyone elses cell phone is long distance cause the number is routed through a city at least 200 kms away.
    [censor]ers...[censor] them all.

• Th
    the13thdragon Aug 01, 2011

my information just disappeared out of their system for no reason and they still have not put it back in

• Th
    the13thdragon Aug 01, 2011

i am going to post this all over the place go ahead and copy it and do the same this company sucks ###!!!

Comments

• Us
    user0000 Oct 11, 2012

its getw better for the worst case there are many issues of suspened area code many area codes had been suspened for being fake states by magicjack rules and regualtions. I got news for you. thats bull ### and lied about working at all 50 states.
    area code for example 808 is hawaii and that to is suspened for not being a state, . IRS says it is. the Federal Goverment Clames it is there are I.D. theft iusses like for peole that cannot get there area codes suspened that is not on the list as magicjack says
    have to choose out side state some place else on a list that magicjack clames it is on there rules not by the Federal Goverment and the 50 states that do have there own state Goverment you can practice doing a product activation and choose Hawaii. its not working to work. All I do know is State of Hawaii is being f***ed with. how many other are codes are being f*** with as well?
    alao get bank accnount and credit card suspened for paying online at two different locations at the same time. That is black market and I.D theft right there. then they will use your card for any reasions what so ever with out letting you know. Debit cards are not safe to use at magicjack. it will f*** the bank account bleeding it dry and create collection agants to peoples homes to collect over draft fees and other fees with out know what all is this all about

will not give out address or phone number to company

Why will they not give out the address or phone number?
So I decided to chat and see if they would give it to me and this is my chat below:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Zack'
Zack: Hello, how may I help you?
Pamela : What is the address of your business
Zack: Hi Pamela
Pamela : and what is your customerservice phone number?
Zack: I apologize for that Pamela but we do not have phone number available yet
Zack: We use Tech Chat to better assist you. By using Tech Chat, we can send you instant upgrade links and run several diagnostic tests, that cannot be done over the telephone. We are also able to see where you are located, what OS and Internet browser you are using. Lastly we can see that your Internet connection is working too.This will provide the best Customer care experience and keep you most satified.
Pamela : Ok thats just fine, but what my first question was, what is your business address?

Pamela : I like to keep in my records for personal reasons addresses and phone numbers in relation to the people or businesses I buy stuff from? Is there some type of reson why you cannot provide me with one? Is it a secret location? I dont see what the big deal is?
Zack: No Pamela it is not a secret as you can see our address on the email confirmation when you order
Pamela : So in order for me to get an address from your repuatable company, I need to have a email confirmation first?
Zack: Yes Pamela, you will get when you order
Pamela : I can call Goodyear in Florida and ask for the address and they will give it to me over the phone and I dont even have to have purchased anything from then yet?
Zack: I really apologize on this Pamela but every company has its own confidentiality.
Zack: Only valued customers has the right to know the address since they have transactions with our company
Pamela : Thank you for taking your time out to speak to me and every other american in the USA, I wish you and your company a few more days of success with your SCAM!
Zack: One moment please...
Zack: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

Zack: One moment please...
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Haley'
Pamela : Wel hello haley? I think I am done, I got all the info I need
Haley: Hi, Please hold on for a while and allow me to review your chat so that I can assist you further.
Pamela : Goodbye!

• Pa
    pammer Oct 30, 2010

received my credit card statement got ahold of credit company told them they told me it was a scam gave me a number which gave me the refund website sent me 4 papers which i took to the bank so i filled out properly been waiting over a month to get my refund bank advised me to get ahold of them again used a excuse i didn't fill out 1 page looked at my photocopies which showed i filled out all of them intern told them that they told me to print out new papers and resend i was declined for a refund because i was missing the survey page which i have a copy of all 4 pages just finished filling them all out just waiting for my friend who is a officer to come over and witness i have filled out all 4 again. This is horrible were not talking about a $10 fee this is some familys grocies for the wk.

no service

When I bought my Magic Jack one Year ago it was sold at our local mall. I paid $55 for the Magic Jack unit...

does not work as advertised

Worked fine for the 1st month and a half. Overnight, it stopped working. Their website is as difficult to navigate as Walmarts'. It took me 30 minutes to find a Customer Chat line. I was disconnected from the chatline on 4 different occassions and spoke with 8 agents over a nine hour period. The piece of crap still doesn't work. No one of their end seems to know what their doing and everyone you talk to wants to walk you thru the same nine hundred steps wiping other software off your computer (that they say is incompatible with magicJack - funny thing it worked for over a month with that same software on my machine). The product is great in theory and useless in practice. If you threaten one of their agents by saying you're going to use some other voip service, they'll disconnect you. There is NO actual phone number to call and you can tell by their dialect, their "agents" are not American. Which, in and of itself, is most likely half the problem. Take my advice folks - keep your 39.95 and use it to pay for 3 months of quality Vonage service. The only magic this jack has is the works one minute - broke the next magic!

• Un
    Unsatsifide Feb 20, 2010

Magic Jack sucks!!! I tried to hook it up and it just wouldn't work from the start. what a waste of time and money. They need to stop their ads on t.v and stop selling their product every where for false advertising

• Ro
    Roxe Feb 05, 2013

Yes, I most definitely agree! I have the magicjack plus for one month now and have had to contact an agent 4 times. The agents were not able to help and I had to request for a supervisor that understood my problem. On one occasion, an agent went into my computer, shut down my firewall, installed a driver and I have to have my computer worked on to fix a problem with drivers after that session. I don't know what happened, but I had more problems after that. I have had dropped calls, too many to count, and have had to restart magicjack more times than I can count. Yes, it might be really inexpensive to operate, but this is no excuse for the amount of trouble it has caused. I have already had to have another adapter sent to me and the agent I spoke with about this stated this is a common problem with the adapter and the adapter can be replaced free just one time. I wished I had researched this further before I purchased the magicjack plus. I could have stayed with my cell phone for 4 more months at the purchase price paid which was $70 dollars and time spent on chat which I will never get back. DISCOURAGED!!!

want to return merchendise

I'm a senior citzen and recieved and advertisement for this item magicjack on a 30 day trial and when I recieved the item I found it will not work without a High Speed internet Connection or cable internet. I have neither one, only regular telephone line conection. I have tried to return the merchindise but there is no service available. Where do I return this item and get a credit on my card.

porting of number - delay

When I originally ordered my magic jack, porting of other numbers would be available very shortly. Every time I check the website the date is later and later, as well as, more vague. If you were thinking of porting - you can't. Just think of it as unavailable.

• Li
    Linda Apr 12, 2009

Oh, and if you chat with the person online. All you get is the same information that is on the FAQ. No further assistance on this issue.

• I have been getting the same run around from them for almost a year. Its too bad, sounds like a great (cheap) way to auto-forward to a service like GoogleVoice and keep your home phone number without keeping the phone line.

• Ed
    E_Dragon Dec 27, 2010

They have claimed porting "coming soon" since 2008 it is now a few days away from 2011. I doubt they will ever do it, they are just lying to the public to get customers... The inventer clains that the other companies don't like to release the numsers, thus "making MagicJack look bad" well I have news for him, hey dumb a$$ - they now look like saints compaired to you.. So far I have yet to her ANY of your competiters say that tey will release a feature on (whatever date) and not do it. Now, so they say, they are in beta testing. I suppose this so called beta testing will string along for 3 years or more then they will announce were sorry but it just wont work riht now with majicjack, but we will continue to try and update our service so that one day it will...
    With that said I would like to ask: Is there ANYBODY out there that has even had thier number ported??????????

Mike* Dec 23, 2011

12/22/2011 magic jack+ not able to port existing # had same # for 30 Yrs. and they ask if it is my #. Magic Jack + no better Mike

it works, but...

Ok gang - I have had one problem with my Magic Jack and it was a issue with voice mail. One message and if anyone else called me - they got a mailbox full recording.

Now - on to customer service, and I will be brutally honest here - the online support was effective for me. That being said, here is my advice to buying a Magic Jack.

I too saw the infomercial. The first thing I did was google them. I can't believe that with all the people complaining here that they did not see the issues with credit card charges and take the retail route.
Best Buy carries it. Buy it from the store and you will have no suprise charges.

There have been some tech issues with the device. This is a mass produced device that is subject to a MFG
flaw now and then. AGAIN - buy at retail. If it does not work, bring it back to retail. If they don't replace it,
call your bank and cancel the transaction.

Back to customer service - folks you have purchased a device that retails for 40$ off the store shelf and includes a year of phone service inclusive of long distance, voice mail, caller ID, 3 way calling. Heck, I was suprised to find out after using call waiting that when I picked back up on my first call my friend said he was treated to music on hold!!! My phone bill thru Cox Cable in Oklahoma was 40$ a MONTH and DID NOT include those features. I think you need to be realistic in your expectations. For a $20 a year dial tone dont expect to be able to reach out and touch someone each time you have a question. LOOK at the website. LOOK at the materials provided. AFTER you have looked - THEN open a chat with a rep and be nice. Don't spend 10 minutes telling them about how "you feel" about the problem. Give them the specific tech problem that you have and follow the instructions. If you decide that you want to challenge the questions, end the conversation with the rep and figure it out on your own. I do tech support for a living (NOT Magic Jack) and I assure you there is nothing more fustrating than dealing with a customer who has a problem and won't follow the troubleshooting steps because they have decided the the suggested solution wont help them. If you are going to be that hard headed,
get string and a couple of dixie cups and have at it. Nuff said!!

If computers scare you, if you don't like reading instructions, or if it is your preference to have someone "walk you thru" instead of reading the owners manual, then don't buy a magic jack. It's not for you.

I purchased one for two reasons - 1st - my landline was way too expensive for no features. 2nd - I wanted a i-phone from at&t and they insisted that I buy a $40 a month media package to have it. All I wanted was a MP3 player that was a telephone and I pay a ton for broadband at home. So I cancelled one at&t cell (my wife keeps her's) and my cox line. I saved $55 a month.

If you want to buy a Magic Jack I will offer you this simple check list. Make sure you have the following or you will have problems:

1 . High Speed Internet - Cable preferred - DSL will work but it has to be very fast. You will normally have to keep your dialtone so consider Magic Jack to be a solution for a second line or unlimited long distance .

2. A good PC with available ram. My magic jack is connected to a older laptop connected to the modem with a ethernet cable that is basically only used for the Magic Jack. It has less than 1 GB of RAM and If I surf on it while I use the phone my calls get choppy. That's not Magic Jacks fault, it's my computer. I WOULD NOT reccomend using a magic jack on a PC that has a wireless connection. It will be more likely to have problems.

3. Your computer must have a POWERED USB port. It will not work with a hub. Look in the owners manual for your PC and make sure your computer has this. If not - your Magic Jack WILL NOT work.

4. A backup power supply for your PC is not necessary - but helpful (if it's not a laptop). Make sure if you get a backup power source if you are using a cordless phone that it is also connected so that if you lose electric you still have a dial tone. A cordless phone can also have issues, so before you contact the magic jack crew with a problem make sure you've tried a regular phone and have the same problem.

5. A cell phone. Folks it is an electronic device. It can fail. Have a plan B. Even if I had to replace the USB device every year - I would still save a ton of money!

I don't work for Magic Jack. I'm just a dad that has figured out a way to save enough money to help pay for other things. I hope this helps. God Bless you!

• Ri
    Rick May 10, 2009

I have worked in the computer industry all my life. The "Magic Jack" seemed, well, magic to be able to offer all of these services for about $20 a year. After reading the NEGATIVE reviews, I was skeptical, but after reading THIS particular review (thanks, Chris), I'm going over to Radio Shack and buying one tomorrow to test. Hey, at $20, that's just a round of drinks with me mates.

Bottom line is that 80% of the people on this planet are nill on real computer skills, and that is a shame, as computers are the future.

I'll try a Magic Jack and report in the future what MY findings are. By the way, I am NOT replacing current COX phone or Verizon Cell Phone at this point, and I do not recommend anyone doing the same. Try it out IN PARALLEL with your current service before pulling the plugs on your existing phone sevice. Enough said.

Rick

Unauthorized charges

Had had good reports on Majic Jack product from friends. An E-mail from that company recently appeared in my E-mail box. Opened the link to and read it. It offered a years service for $19.95. Sounded good.

Started the order process, which of course required my Credit Card data. I provided it. Then I discovered that the cost was now $39.99. Oops! Had to be a mistake so i went back through the same process with the same result. At no time did I confirm the order with any type of final authorization.

I thought it would be nice to call this company to be sure that I would not be billed. Could find no E-mail address, phone number, or physical address. Did discover today the you can IM with their customer service.

Today, to my surprise I received an E-mail informing me that I had a confirmation order number and that it was being delivered via UPS. (in other words - already shipped). Immediately tried to 'reply' from Yahoo. They must have fixed that as I kept getting a message about 'formatting problem on the Majic Jack address.' Then called my credit card company and was informed that I had a 'pending' charge in excess of $93.00 from Majic Jack. Getting serious now!

Managed to get 2 phone numbers which I will share-[protected] and [protected]. The latter gets you to billing. After a 5-10 minute hold I was informed by a recorded message that I was number 5 in line and that the waiting time was appx. 34 minutes. So much for patience! Tried what the recorded message suggested and had a lengthy IM chat with an 'upper -level' person. The person was polite as well ambitious in responding to my very specific requests.

Have been promised a 24-48 hour response via E-mail. Waiting for that reply! Will let you know.

If their reply is unsatisfactory, I will begin the process of requesting investigations by my State Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. Buyers beware of any request for Credit Card info 'before' a final cost is verified! Also, I will no longer do business with companies without their business address and a phone number for Customer Service.

• Ho
    hocuspocus Jan 25, 2010

BEFORE YOU START PUKING AND MOANING ABOUT THE COST READ THE ###ING ###. $19.99 IS FOR THE 1 YR OF SERVICE. $39.99 IS FOR THE MJ UNIT ITSELF - or did you want this for free also?? quit ###ing it up for everybody. Not everybody is incompetent like you, ###!

• Ne
    neil sedotal Aug 24, 2010

I've had magicjack for 4 years. It worked great until recent changes. Customer Service sucks. They are not trainned except in manners. Neil Sedotal, Lafayette, La. magicjack number; 713-931-0989

unauthorized billing

I am writing to tell my experience with Magic Jack. Before I purchased one, I checked it out and found they...

unauthorized storing of credit card data for future charges

This company illegally and without authorization stores your credit card information permanently in their databases. I found this out when I went to place another order of the product and found that it already had all my credit card data from the previous transaction eventhough I make it a point to never store my CC data on any website that I purchase online from. I always am happy to re-enter my credit card info and was surprised when I found that it was pre-loaded on this site. So then here's my ordeal with their customer service in terms of getting it removed. To summarize, it went nowhere, I have yet to meet more incompement people anywhere else. Their staff is a prized collection of [censored]ess that are dead weight on this planet.

I was transferred 3 times in the chat and still could not get my problem resolved. The chat was ended by the last guy with some random incoherent sentence that did not make any sense, actually none of it made any sense. So Be patient and enjoy - I have changed my name to John in the chat transcript just for privacy's sake. The support personnel's comments are in Blue font.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Keira'
Keira: Hello, how may I help you?
John: Hi - I just placed an order for 2 magicjacks and have received the confirmation email which states that my account will be charged on 3/24/09.
John: My understanding was that the account is charged after 30 days of service
Keira: May I know what kind of card you are using when you place this order?
John: Mastercard
Keira: Is it a debit card?
Keira: Okay
John: the card # was already in the system when I logged in and went to purchase which is also a violation of privacy terms as I never asked for my card # to be permanently stored in your system
Keira: Your account is not yet charged it is just a put son hold status on your bank account.
John: bank account??
John: what are you talking about/
Keira: It is just a pending amount and we will get the complete charged after the 30 day trial
John: ok
John: how can I get my credit card information removed from your system
John: why was it stored without my permission?
Keira: I am terribly sorry but we are not authorized to have your credit card info.
John: then how did it show up pre-populated when I went to my account to order additional units??
Keira: You are the only one who can view any personal info.
John: I am not sure where you are going with this. The bottom line is why is that information stored and how can it be removed?
Keira: Thank you for your patience. I will transfer you to a higher level of support. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Lalie'
John: hopefully you can explain the issue to them
Lalie: Hello John
John: I hope you can understand the problem frm your chat earlier
John: please refer to it
John: so I don't have to explain the issue again
Lalie: about the charge date?
John: no
John: about my Credit card information being stored in your system without my authorization
Lalie: I see, you did order right?
John: yes
Lalie: And gave your credit card information
John: my CC # was already in your system, I did not have to re-enter when I ordered today.
John: My question is why was it there in your system?
John: I should have to re-enter the credit card info as I never asked for it to be saved
Lalie: you made orders previously.
John: yes
John: but that does not give you automatic authorization to store my CC info
Lalie: when you order you name will be save on our database
Lalie: your**
John: I am not taking about name
Lalie: same goes for your informations.
Lalie: I know.
John: do you disclose this to the customer?
Lalie: what I mean is informations YOU provided during your previous orders.
Lalie: yes, but we are not able to view the credit card information unless the customer himself gives us the number
John: Are you willing to guarantee the safety of my CC # and other personal information that could be stolen by hackers?
Lalie: Yes, we are on a secure line.
John: The bottomline is I DID NOT AUTHORIZE FOR IT TO BE SAVED.
John: I hope u know that you can be SUED for this.
Lalie: when you order, and receive your magicjack
Lalie: you can purchase International minutes
Lalie: or renew your service
Lalie: this is how your credit card is recognized
John: I can also do that by re-entering my credit card information
John: You do not need to save it.
Lalie: yes, or use another credit card
John: Well then why the hell are you saving my information
John: bottom line is I want it removed from your system
Lalie: One moment please...
John: I cannot remove it myself
John: the my account part of your website sucks
John: is there an 800# I can call instead of this chat that is not going anywhere
Lalie: no
Lalie: we only offer chat support
Lalie: do not worry
John: that s great
Lalie: Your credit card information is safe
John: really, because you said so?
Lalie: Yes,
John: let me repeat this one more time so that you can understand it
Lalie: okay,
John: I DO NOT WANT IT STORED IN YOUR SYSTEM. I WANT IT REMOVED
John: how can i do that?
Lalie: no.
John: what do you mean no?
Lalie: you can't do that.
John: I hope you have good lawyers. Get them ready as this is not going to end well.
John: Do you have any idea about privacy laws in US?
Lalie: okay
Lalie: Yes.
John: May be you need to transfer me to somebody who knows a little bit more about this
John: let me talk to your manager
Lalie: I see
Lalie: as of now, he is not available
John: well then how are we going to resolve this? You don't seem to have a clue
Lalie: are you able to chat us back later for this?
John: NO
John: I have already wasted 30 mins, I don;t have all day for you
John: I need this problem fixed and your No answer is not going to get it done
John: You need to go and find a supervisor
Lalie: none is available as of the moment
John: so what do you suggest we do?
Lalie: try to chat us back alter
John: did you read my earlier response to that?
John: John: NO John: I have already wasted 30 mins, I don;t have all day for you
There may be a problem communicating with Lalie. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another operator.
You are now chatting with 'Jamie'
Jamie: Hello, how may I help you?
John: Great.
John: u could go through the chat transcript and let me know when you are ready to talk
Jamie: Yes.
Jamie: One moment please...
Jamie: Are you using a debit card?
John: no
Jamie: If you placed an order using a Credit Card, the amount will be put on hold for 30 days and when it's over, the charge will be completed. However, if you returned the magicJack within it's 30-day trial period, the on-hold amount will be released and you will not be charged.
John: dude - did you even read everything, that is not even the issue - go spend some time reading about the real issue after that
Jamie: What's the real issue then?
John: go check the chat
John: I have already explained it to 2 people
John: u are the 3rd one
Jamie: You are asking if we have good lawyers here?
Jamie: Yes, we have.
John: is that all you could find?
John: from the 2 pages worth of chat?
Jamie: Once you placed the order in our system, your information is automatically saved.
John: without my authorization?
Jamie: With regards to your CC info, what we can view here is just the following.
Jamie: Payment Method
Jamie: Card Type M
Jamie: Credit Card 5401 **** **** 1290
Jamie: And nothing else.
John: my question is WHY is it being saved without my authorization?
John: I never asked for it to be saved.
Jamie: Now, if you feel insecure about this, I assure you your info is safe.
John: your assurance is not good enough
Jamie: That is system generated/.
Jamie: Then that's all I can do.
John: that is not good enough
Jamie: If you can't feel assured in the things I am telling you, it is up to you John.
Jamie: Your info is safe.
John: If I did not authorize you to save my information and it was still saved without my permission then what you have done is ILLEGAL.
John: that is the bottom line
John: I want it to be removed
John: Can you send me an email from your company account guaranteeing me that my information is safe?
John: I want it in writing
Jamie: You can save this chat transcript if you want.
John: not good enough
Jamie: Okay.
John: again we are back to the same question - why was it saved without authorization and how can it be removed?
Jamie: It is system generated.
John: you need to talk to your supervisor and explain this problem
John: or let me talk to them
Jamie: I am a supervisor.
John: well then what more do I need to explain? Simple matter is that you are not allowed to save a customer's Credit card data without their authorization and that is what you are doing.
John: Every online vendor asks you whether one wants to save their CC info for future purchases and I have a choice to say no to that. Your site never asked me that and never told me that my CC info will be permanently saved.
John: That is ILLEGAL period.
Jamie: Are accusing us of doing such thing?
John: YES
John: It is a fact - not an accusation
Jamie: Before you allege try be sure you can dignify your allegations or else you'll take responsibility for it
John: your company needs to do that not me
John: I know my rights and US laws
John: you have yet to offer me a solution for my problem other then telling me it is system generated - which is not a solution
Jamie: You are you not making any sense John.
Jamie: We know what we are doing and of course we wont put magicjack in risk
John: Okay thanks that's great customer service
John: Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?
John: what is your solution?
Jamie: What exactly do you want?
John: I want my CC information removed from your system. That is all I want as I did not authorize it to be there.
Jamie: Okay.
Jamie: Let me make a report about your concern to our Admin.
Jamie: Contact Email Address [protected]@gmail.com is this correct?
Jamie: Good.
Jamie: One moment please...
John: next time I loginto the system I do not want to see my Credit card #'s in the system
Jamie: Thank you.
Jamie: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
John: when will this problem be fixed?
Jamie: We'll send you updates about your concern via e-mail.
John: You need to give me a timeline not just some open ended answer
Jamie: Thank you.
Jamie: Have a great day!
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

• Da
    DarthR2 Apr 23, 2011

John - I got the same problem as yours. This morning after I renewed my magicjack subscription for another year using a credit card, I logged on back to the system and saw my credit card information in there! Would you please update us on whether/how the so-called "Admin" ever removes your credit card info? Thanks.

we all need to do something about this — I am going to write to obama!

These people are scamming the public and need to be stopped! Here is my transcript! After already spending an...

worse then poor customer service

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Lloyd'
Lloyd: Hello, how may I help you?
roseroberta: I hear that you have advertisement from using your service...where do the advertisements appear
Lloyd: Hello, Rose.
roseroberta: my name is not rose it is roseroberta
Lloyd: Oh, I see.
Lloyd: I'm sorry, Madam Roseroberta.
Lloyd: Please go to this link
roseroberta: it is not madam roseroberta...no one uses madam in north america a madam is a owner of a whore house
roseroberta: they do say Mam
roseroberta: I have already been at your home page...why did you make me go here.
Lloyd: Again, I'm sorry Mam Roseroberta.
roseroberta: you don't say mam roseroberta...you use the word mam when you are not saying a person's name...what country are you in and don't tell me Fla I won't believe it
roseroberta: Now are you going to tell me where the advertisements show up
Lloyd: Yes, I'm here West Palm Beach, FL
roseroberta: I don't believe it...or else they are shipping people from other countries to work there and getting them visa, because know one knows English well...please answer my question
roseroberta: how do the avertisements show up once you have the magic jack plugged in
roseroberta: hello
Lloyd: It's included on the magicJack program.
roseroberta: proving that you don't really speak English
roseroberta: I asked you where you see the ads I know that it is part of the program...but where do you see them...is on on the jack or what
roseroberta: see as in to observe or witness or view...
Lloyd: Yes, you can see it on the website.
Lloyd: www.magicjack.com
roseroberta: what if i am not on your website...hellow
roseroberta: you just sent me the same dumb link a second time that has nothing to do with my question
roseroberta: If I am browsing the Internet or responding or viewing email are there advertisements that are coming up...when do I see the advertisements and where...
Lloyd: You can also check to our reseller, like Radio Shack and Best Buy.
roseroberta: do you see how long it is taking to answer a question
roseroberta: what...does that have to do with anything...check what...I would buy it online
Lloyd: Okay.
Lloyd: You can place your order online www.magicjack.com or call [protected]
roseroberta: I don't need to check with them I need you to answer my question so I know whether or not to order...please get your supervisor on the line you do not know what you are talking about 3rd time same link with no meaning
roseroberta: YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE...DOES THAT FEEL GOOD
roseroberta: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW
roseroberta: HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
roseroberta: UR SUPERVISOR PLEASE YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE...hELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
roseroberta: S
roseroberta: SUPERVISOR YOUR SUPERVISOR
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are not currently in a chat session.
You are now chatting with 'Jordan'
Jordan: Hello, how may I help you?
roseroberta: i HAVE BEEN ASKING A SIMPLE QUESTION FOR TWENTY MINUTES NOW...WHERE DO YOU SEE AS IN OBSERVE THE ADVERTISEMENTS THAT ARE PART OF THE SOFTWARE WHEN i AM BROWSING ONLINE YOU KNOW SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR EYES...WHERE ARE THE ADVERTISEMENTS WHILE i AM BROWSING OR USING EMAIL
roseroberta: HOW MANY PEOPLE DID THEY IMMIGRATE TO FLA TO DO THIS WORK????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jordan: You can just see the advertisement on the dial pad Roseroberta.
roseroberta: WHAT DIAL PAD...i AM PLUGGING IN MY PHONE TO THE MAGIC JACK WHAT DIAL PAD???????????????
roseroberta: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jordan: Plug in the magicJack into the computer's USB port.
roseroberta: i KNOW THAT ALREADY
Jordan: Can you please stop typing the LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Jordan: It messed up the chat window.
roseroberta: THAT'S NOT THE ONLY THING THAT IS MESSED UP HERE
Jordan: Okay, may I know what is it then/
roseroberta: DID YOU FIND THE ANSWER WHAT DIAL PAD
roseroberta: MAY YOU KNOW WHAT WHAT IS...WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...
roseroberta: WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND DID THE MAGIC JACK COMPANY FLY YOU TO FLA TO WORK FOR THEM?
Jordan: The dial pad is the phone pad on the screen.
roseroberta: HUH
roseroberta: JORDAN WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND HOW DID YOU GET TO FLA
Jordan: A softphone is a software program for making telephone calls over the Internet using a general purpose computer, rather than using dedicated hardware. Often a softphone is designed to behave like a traditional telephone, sometimes appearing as an image of a phone, with a display panel and buttons with which the user can interact.
roseroberta: HUH...I THOUGHT THAT I USE MY REGULAR TELEPHONE????
roseroberta: WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM
Jordan: FL.
roseroberta: NO YOU ARE NOT AND NEITHER WAS THE PERSON BEFORE NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE YOU DO OR CALL PEOPLE MADAM OR MADAM ROSEROBERTA
Jordan: Yes, you can connect the phone into the magicJack but oyu need the dial pad on the screen, since that is the proof that the magicJack software is running.
roseroberta: YOU KNOW I TAUGHT ENGLISH FOR TEN YEARS SO DON'T BS ME
roseroberta: HUH
roseroberta: WHERE IS THE DIALPAD ON THE SCREEN?
Jordan: It was not me who called you Madam or whatsoever
roseroberta: RIGHTO
roseroberta: BUT i HAVE SPOKEN TO ABOUT TEN OF YOU REPS ALREADY AND NONE OF YOU SPEAK LIKE A NATIVE
roseroberta: hOW MANY PEOPLE DID THE COMPANY BRING TO FLA
roseroberta: ANYWAY WHERE DO YOU SEE THE DIAL PAD AND IS IT ALWAYS THERE EVEN WHEN i AM NOT ON THE PHONE?
roseroberta: IF YOU ARE CALLING IT A DIALPAD DOES IT HAVE NUMBER ON IT TO DIAL WITH MY MOUSE
Jordan: As I have said you can see the dial pad on the computer's screen.
roseroberta: WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE AS i HAVE ASKED AND IF YOU WERE A NATIVE SPEAKER I WOULD ONLY NEED TO ASK ONCE AND HOW BIG IS THE DIALPAD WHAT PART OF THE SCREEN AND IS IT ALWAYS THERE OR ONLY WHEN i MAKE A CALL AND DOES IT HAVE #S ON IT
roseroberta: HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT ME TO ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTIONS...AGAIN WHERE WERE YOU BORN AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE STATES
Jordan: ...
roseroberta: YES I KNOW YOUR NAME IS JORDAN
roseroberta: SUPPOSEDLY ANYWAY
roseroberta: UNBELIEVABLE...
Jordan: I am sorry but we are not allowed to disclose our personal information to our customers.
roseroberta: ANOTHER ROUND OF ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER ...GOOD WELL HOW DOES ONE WRITE TO THE COMPANY OR SPEAK WITH SOMEONE THERE IN FLA
Jordan: You can visit this link for dial pad and another information about the magicJack.
Jordan: http://www.magicjack.com/7/index.asp
roseroberta: HONEY IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE NOT A NATIVE SPEAKER BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN DETAIL...WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE COMPANY AND HOW DO i CONTACT THEM?
Jordan: YMAX Corporation
Jordan: We do have chat support only.
roseroberta: EXCUSE ME YOU JUST SENT ME TO THE HOME PAGE THAT MAKES ABOUT FIVE TIMES THAT I HAVE BEEN SENT THERE...HOW DO YOU RIGHT TO THE COMPANY
Jordan: You can't speak to us through phone.
roseroberta: AND YOU CAN'T SPEAK IN DETAIL THROUGH CHAT
roseroberta: HOW DO I WRITE TO THE COMPANY HOW DO I WRITE TO THE COMPANY HOW DO I WRITE TO THE COMPANY
Jordan: You can type on this chat window any comments you want to write for our administrator and it is my job to forward it all.
roseroberta: NO I WANT TO WRITE A LETTER, AND IF I HAVE PROBLEMS I WANT TO REPORT YOUR COMPANY
roseroberta: I WANT TO WRITE YOUR COMPANY I DO NOT WANT TO GIVE YOU MY COMMENTS TO FORWARD ABOUT THE BAD WAY YOU ALL ANSWER QUESTIONS...i WANT TO WRITE YOUR COMPANY I WANT TO WRITE YOUR COMANY
roseroberta: I WANT THE DETAILS OF MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED AND YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER THEM...WHERE ON THE SCREEN HOW BIG ON THE SCREEN IS IT THERE ALL THE TIME OR ONLY WHEN I MAKE A CALL IF YOU ARE CALLING IT A DIAL PAD CAN I DIAL FROM IT WITH MY MOUSE...ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
roseroberta: BAH HUMBUG NOBODY IS GOING TO PASS THINGS ON WHEN YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM...
roseroberta: WHAT IS THE COMPANY ADDRESS AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
Jordan: There is no other way to do that.
roseroberta: OH REALLY...THAT IS ILLEGAL, SO THAT MEANS THAT YOUR REAL BASE IS NOT IN FLA AND THE PHONE CALLS ARE ONLY TRANSFERRED THROUGH FLA IF YOU ARE AN AMERICAN COMPANY YOU CAN NOT HIDE YOUR LOCATION WHEN A CUSTOMER ASKS FOR IT...IT IS NOT LEGA
roseroberta: LEGA
roseroberta: LEGAL
roseroberta: i HAVE MADE A COPY OF THIS ENTIRE CHAT AND HOW YOU ARE REFUSING TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS...I AM GOING TO GO ON GOOGLE GROUPS AND POST THIS SO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS
Jordan: I respect your freedom to do so .
roseroberta: OTHERWISE THIS IS THE FIFTH TIME THAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING QUESTIONS TO REPS OF YOUR COMPANY QUESTIONS THAT SHOULD TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO ANSWER AND LEAVING ME ONLINE FOR AN HOUR
roseroberta: NO YOU DON'T RESPECT ME OR MY TIME OR MY FREEDOM FREEDOM IS ALLOWING A CUSTOMER TO WRITE TO THE COMPANY THEY ARE DOING BUSY...FREEDOM IS RESPECTING SOMEONE'S TIME AND CONCERNS...IN FACT THIS IS A DENIAL OF INFORMATION AND ANYTHING BUT FREEDOM IT IS REFUSAL OF FAIR TRADE
Jordan: I respect also your point of view.
roseroberta: NO YOU DO NOT BECAUSE MY VIEW IS THAT YOU SHOULD ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IN DETAIL AND YOU EITHER ARE INCAPABLE OF OUR ARE REFUSING TO...RESPECT WOULD BE NOT WASTING CUSTOMERS TIME
roseroberta: NOW ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS OR AT LEAST RESPECT ME WITH LETTING ME KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE OF ANSWERING THEM AND SEE TO IT THAT THEY ARE ANSWERED
Jordan: I am not wasting your time, in fact I did answer all your concerns,
roseroberta: NO YOU DID NOT
roseroberta: AGAIN
roseroberta: i WILL DO A CUT AND PASTE
Jordan: Sure you can. Please feel free to do so.
roseroberta: YOU DID NOT ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND THEY ARE HERE IN THIS SCRIPT MORE THAN ONCE
roseroberta: THIS IS GETTING PRETTY BORING
roseroberta: REALLY BORING
Jordan: Yes of course you can dial it through clicking it with your mouse, that is the reason why it is called dial pad, but if you are connecting telephone to the magicJack then you can dial the number either through the dial pad or through phone.
Jordan: Yes I agree with you.
roseroberta: AND WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE QUESTIONS THAT ARE THERE...
roseroberta: HELLLLOW
roseroberta: ALREADY GOT THE COMPANY ADDRESS
Jordan: If you are going to ask us where exactly on the screen the dial pad is displayed, I guess you can answer that question by your own,
Jordan: That's good then.
Jordan: Especially if you have the magicJack plugged in and you are using it in making and receiving calls.
roseroberta: NO I CAN NOT AND I WANT TO KNOW AHEAD OF TIME AND HOW BIG IT IS AND IF IT IS THERE ALL THE TIME NOT JUST WHEN I AM USING THE PHONE
roseroberta: NOT PLUGGED IN...DON'T HAVE IT YET...I AM TRYING TO DECIDE IF I SHOULD GET ONE AND YOU MY FRIEND ARE NOT CONVINCING ME
roseroberta: NOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THE ANSWER
Jordan: Please open your internet browser then search the image of the magicjack. You can see it there.
roseroberta: I received the product today in the mail. I attempted to set it up, it is supposed to be plug and play. It never worked. There is no contact number, no address, etc. only a chatroom. I attempted several chatroom conversations with two representatives from 6 pm to 9:50 pm PST. They did nothing, ignored my requests for help and said, there's nothing we can do. I kept reiterating that basically too bad. I asked for a manager, I asked for an address, I asked for a corporate number, they refused and disconnected the chat conversation. I researched the company information, they don't exist at the address they indicated, it belongs to a woman. When you call their so called 800 that I found after resarching the web, it rings to a non-existing number that goes to a circuit busy. When you check their domain registration, they do not list a name or contact, they registered as private. When you research online, they were denied in the state of Alaska, showing networth of $1k. I believe they are a scam preying on people and taking their money not providing any kind of service that they claim. I saved a copy of the chatroom conversations with the 'so called technical reps' who for almost four hours, did nothing and basically said, 'Oh well.' See additional information from other states where they claimed their net worth to be a certain amount Want Justice A Town, Kansas U.S.A.
Jordan: You must register the magicJack first the magicJack, the registration form will pop up after few minutes when the magicJack is first plugged in.
roseroberta: WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE YET I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH THIS IS GOING TO INTERFERE WEITH MY BROWSING AND IF THAT DIAL PAD THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO WHICH NO OTHER REP MENTIONED UNTIL YOU NOW WHEN I ASKED ABOUT WHERE THE ADVERTISEMENTS ARE...
roseroberta: AGAIN IS THE DIAL PAD ALWAYS THERE OR ONLY WHEN I PICK UP THE RECEIVER TO MAKE A CALL
Jordan: Yes, it should.
roseroberta: The EULA also forces users to resolve all legal issues with the company through arbitration in Palm Beach, Florida.[2] The Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida has received hundreds of customer service complaints, primarily related to difficulty returning the product under the 30 day guarantee. The company is currently not rated by the BBB but has received a F rating in the past.[3] According to the Better Business Bureau records, the company has provided refunds in all cases. The inventor has also responded to customer service complaints on the company website as well as a May 2008 interview with Laptop Magazine.[4] MagicJack does not provide an uninstallation method either in the software or in any documentation. Removing software from a windows machine requires editing the registry.[5] Step-by-step instructions have been published by MagicJack users.[6] According to the company's terms of service, a customer satisfaction guarantee is offered for the device and service for the first 30 days only and no warranty exists beyond that period.[7] Area codes where numbers are available is limited.
roseroberta: IT SHOULD WHY WOULD I WANT TO SEE ALL THOSE ADVERTISEMENTS ALL THE TIME...IT SHOULD GO AWAY WHEN I AM NOT CALLING IS WHAT IT SHOULD DO
Jordan: yes, as I have said, visit this site magicjack.com then click on FAQs/Knowledgebase button.
roseroberta: Something to be aware of if you are thinking about buying a MagicJack. I haven't had any problems using it on an Intel-Based Mac. However, I just ordered my fifth one (the other 4 were for friends out of the country) and the company mixed up my shipping address. I have heard rumours that their customer service is bad. Actually, it is horrible. You cannot speak with anyone. Everything is done by live chat. They are not trained to handle anything outside of the manual they read from. They cannot form proper English sentences. They do not go out of their way to make things right for the end user. A few days ago I discovered my order was sent to the wrong address and it has been a nightmare trying to get it fixed. From what I understand, they went from selling a few hundred per day to 8000 per day. Unfortunately, they don't seem equipped to handle the administrative side of the business. There are a lot of complaints with this company, which is owned by http://www.ymaxcorp.com/. You can google "ymax and complaints". Most of the problems are customer service. I suspect they will face a class-action lawsuit in the future to straighten them out. My advice if you order... Make sure everything is correct with all ordering details. If you have a problem be prepared for a long battle getting it resolve. On the other hand, the four previous orders arrived perfectly. From a hardware/software point of view, you have an occasional echo, service interruptions, no Mac technical support (still in beta), etc... But, most of the time, it simply works well. My friends in Europe saved thousands of dollars already so they are happy. The product works, customer service does not. Good Luck! [Complaint comments] Comments [Complaint country] United States [Complaint category] Computers & Accessories Share with others: Digg it! Del.ici.ous Furl Yahoo My Web Was the above complaint useful to you? Comments Sort by: Date | Rate 243 days ago by Herb [send email] 0 Votes My Majicjack does not work and I cannot find any phone numbers to the company !!! Does anyone have majicjacks phone # ? 233 days ago by Claudio Murillo [send email] 0 Votes No customer service, at all. International rates, are no true. Of course, a lot more. Sending more magicjacks, when you don"t order, making unautorized chages, to your credit card. C M 225 days ago by Neschie [send email] 0 Votes Total rip off. They made their infomercial look just like HSN. I thought I was ordering from HSN, a reputable, legitimate shopping service. About one hour after ordering the MagicJack, I learned that a) it will not work on my old computer, and b) I still have to pay for my Verizon phone service (MagicJack implied I would no longer have to pay for telephone service in the TV spot). So I tried, one hour after ordering, to cancel my order. That was 24 hours ago, and I have not been able to get thru to Live Chat. All I get is an endless loop back to FAQs when I click on Live Chat. It says, “Every answer you will get from a Live Person, is available right here at your fingertips, without delay” and there is a list of FAQs. I clicked on Billing/Order Live Chat and Cancel/Live Chat, and the same thing happened. I filed complaints this morning with the New York State Attorney General, the AG of Florida, with my credit card company, and with my reps in Washington, D.C. You should do the same. Just Google attorney general for your state, get the address and write a letter. You don't have to fill out the form. Do the same to get the names and addresses of your reps in Washington. I have foound two addresses for Ymax/MagicJack:
Jordan: Okay
roseroberta: SO YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER...LISTEN YOU GO TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE BASE AND YOU SEND ME THE LINK TO THE EXACT PLACE WHERE THE QUESTION IS ANSWERED
Jordan: http://www.magicjack.com/7/faq/
Jordan: Click on that lin.
Jordan: link*
roseroberta: listen ...that is not a link to where my question is...if you speak english so good find the answer to my question and send me the link to the answer of my question
Jordan: I did send it to you.
Jordan: You are already insulting my capacity Roseroberta. Do you like to finish this chat session?
roseroberta: YMAX PO BOX 6785 West Palm Beach, FL 33405 Magic jack office is [protected] Customer Service: [protected] 11am to 8pm est
roseroberta: INSULTING YOUR CAPACITY...WHAT DOES THAT MEAN...YOU ARE INSULTING YOURSELF...BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW THE WORDS I DON'T KNOW OR CAN NOT ADMIT THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING
Jordan: : )
Jordan: lol
roseroberta: NOW CAN YOU OR CAN YOU NOT GIVE ME AN EXACT LINK TO WHERE MY EXACT QUESTION IS BECAUSE I HAVE NOT FOUND IT
Jordan: I would like to say thank you for those comments.
Jordan: Both of them can help me to better a person.
roseroberta: CT Corporation System, 1200 South Pine Island Road, Plantation, FL 33324 and Ymax Holdings Corporation, 5700 Georgia Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33405.
roseroberta: I DON'T THINK THAT THAT ORGANIZATION WANTS YOU TO BE A BETTER PERSON...I THINK YOU NEED A NEW JOB
Jordan: May I know if you are a teacher? Since you said, you taught English Language.
roseroberta: I WAS...I WORK AT A COLLEGE IN ADMISSIONS AND I AM A WRITER
roseroberta: AS YOU CAN SEE I KNOW HOW TO DO RESEARCH ON LINE
roseroberta: I ALSO WORKED IN WEB DEVELOPMENT
roseroberta: IF I WERE YOU I WOULD FIND A NEW JOB
Jordan: I am happy with my job, so far it's you who have a problem with me. My previous customers were all happy chatting with me.
roseroberta: REALLY I SUPPOSE YOU DID NOT READ THE ONLINE POSTS
Jordan: Really?
roseroberta: REALLY I SENT YOU A WHOLE BUNCH...
Jordan: I WAS...I WORK AT A COLLEGE IN ADMISSIONS AND I AM A WRITER, , , ( is it work or worked AT A COLLEGE IN ADMISSIONS)
roseroberta: NOT ABOUT THAT LINK TO THE ANSWER OF MY QUESTION CAN YOU PROVIDE THAT
roseroberta: WORK
Jordan: Why are you using was then?
Jordan: was then worked?
roseroberta: HUH WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...MAN, IF I MADE A TYPO I MADE A TYPO I TYPE VERY FAST AND I HAVE NOW ASKED YOU THE SAME THING ABOUT FIVE TIMES OVER...READ THE STUFF I SENT YOU
roseroberta: GO ONLINE AND LOOK FOR YOURSELF...PROBABLY FOR WHERE YOU ARE AND YOUR ENGLISH LEVEL YOU GET PAID WELL...
roseroberta: SO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB
roseroberta: IF YOU CAN NOT GIVE ME AN EXACT LINK TO ANSWER MY QUESTION THEN THIS IS A BIT CHILDISH
Jordan: absolutely
roseroberta: JUST FREAKIN SAY YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER FOR GOD'S SAKE
Jordan: I am giving you all Roseroberta, if you are a good researcher online, then you can do it.
roseroberta: NO IT WAS NOT THERE. I CAN NOT DO IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT THERE AND YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A WISE BUY WITH ME...YOU WASTED MY TIME OVER AND OVER WITH NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS EXACTLY AND I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A PRODUCT WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT i AM GETTING INTO
roseroberta: I ASKED FOR THE VERY REASON THAT THERE ARE ENOUGH ADDS THAT ONE SEES ONLINE ALREADY I DON'T NEED TO BE WATCHING ADS ALL THE TIME WHILE I AM DOING RESEARCH ONLINE. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW BIG THIS DIAL PAD IS AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO KNOW IF IT IS ON ALL THE TIME OR ONLY WHEN YOU ARE MAKING A CALL EITHER
Jordan: All the information about the magicJack on internet, all you have to do is search for it.
roseroberta: YOU ARE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ANSWERING YOUR CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS
Jordan: http://www.google.com.ph/search?hl=tl&q=magicjack&btnG=Hanapin+sa+Google&meta=&aq=f&oq=
roseroberta: I AM POSTING THIS CONVERSATION ONLINE...HAVE A NICE LIFE
Jordan: Click on that link.
roseroberta: THAT LINK DOES NOT ANSWER MY SPECIFIC QUESTION HOW STUPID
Jordan: Thank you. I may be become a popular then.

• Cr
    C Rose May 05, 2009

Roseroberta was rude to everyone she spoke with and unwilling to listen! I have a couple of friends who have this service. They are very happy with the quality of the phone, and the simple instructions plainly laided out for use. I understand her frustration but she could of asked the question differently and in a polite manner. If she did not have the phone how did she expect to be able to see these servicrs provided? Thumbs up to Jordan for remaining a true gentleman! It seemed she was trying to pick a fight from the beginning, by taking everything personal and wasted a lot of her own time and there's by doing so, Lloyd was trying to be respectful and she did not appreciated it and came off as prejudice from the very start of the conversation. I too hate pushing buttons and want someone who can haswer my questions, would like to have an address and phone number to reach, however these things can be asked in a polite way! When you smile and are kind to others you would be shocked at how things turn out to be a win-win situation!

false advertising

Advertised a 30 day trial that you would not be charged for until the end of the 30 days. They charged the next day and also charged for the 5 year plan to boot. I was not expecting this and have an internet account for internet purchases only which would have become overdrawn if I hadn't called the bank for another reason and found out.
The product did arrive 2 days later and I have it hooked up and it does work fine...except I am now finding out that other peopkle are being charged long distance to call me. This should have been disclosed at the very beginning, not in some fine print that is too small and too long for any normal person to take 4 hours and a microscope to read. This product could be soo valuable and such a great item if only it were being marketed properly. I agree with many of the other complaints that I have read about the tech support. No Live phone number, the tech usually takes for-ever to get, but once you do they are very helpful. They just need to do what they say and say what they mean. Integrity is where a company either makes it or falls on their own face. Practise makes perfect. Maybe by taking a few of these complaints very seriously and turning the problems around in a BIG hurry this company will make a good product even better. I also do not like the website where you are trying to get your magicjack set up and it keeps trying to sell you. You already bought and all you can get is a new page trying to get you to buy again instead of a real help me set this thing up page.

• Rh
    Rhonda Nov 06, 2008

claims caller id works with any phone. Had 2 magicjacks sent to me and neither one displayed caller id # or name just incoming call. Days of troubleshooting to no avail. They even told me to waste $ buying an Ac powered USB port. Their risk free trial verbatim 'YOU OWE NOTHING WE'LL EVEN COVER THE POSTAGE TO RETURN IT' is not honored as you must pay s/h to return it. There is no 800 customer service # and their chat line is useless. Their techs/sales end the session if you try to get them to abide by their promises. DON"T BUY THIS $^^$#%^&* device.

Mindgame Nov 20, 2008

I plan on ordering the magic jack. If you understand their policy front and back, they say that they will put a 'Hold' on the funds until the 30 days is up. If you do not get a hold of them through their support within the 30 days givin, they will Keep the funds with no refund.

Now what this means is that the funds on 'Hold' are actually taken out of your account and put in their 'Holding Account'
    How else can they guarantee that people are going to actually pay? It may be a bit unorthodox, but it states in their policy and agreement that this is what you are getting yourself into.

I encourage everyone to read the agreements/full information WHENEVER buying anything over the internet.

One thing everyone also needs to realize is that the money WILL be taken out of your account within 3 days of signing up for the trial. This money will be on a 'Hold', in other words you can get a refund within 30 days. But yeah.. I know that they take money within the first 3 days because they tried with me. I didn't have sufficient funds in my account and my overdraft limit is set to 0 (impossible to overdraw).

I will order the magic jack tonight, and get back to this forum after everything has happened in great detail.
    -MindGame
    0 minutes ago by Mindgame [send email]
    I Love the new magic jack. If you understand how everything works then it's an AMAZING product.

The Put a hold on 50 dollars on my account at first (paid for fast shipping + tax + shipping) as expected, but then they refunded it within 3 days. So I was able to withdraw and use the money. I am going to be charged $50 around the 4th of next month. The free trial is just a bit tricky, that's all!

There are just some small problems for me, but so easily worked around.
    Before I had 512RAM on my laptop that had the magicjack. The thing is whenever I played a game like DotA or World of Warcraft, my phone typically didn't ring and whatnot.
    I was planning on upgrading my RAM anyway, so I upgraded up to 2gigs of RAM and now the program runs very smoothly with no lag!

Another problem was that my area code has to be a Seattle area code.
    On the website, they say the area code 360 is available, but when actually applying for a number, 360 wasn't listed (all the other WA codes were)
    So my number is a Seattle number now, which is of NO problem to me whatsoever BECAUSE all of my friends/family/work all use mostly cell phones or other phone plans that have unlimited long distance in US.

I highly suggest this product. I have been using MagicJack for just 2 weeks and its awesome!!!

Also side note - Their voicemail is pretty unique in my opinion. You can save your voicemails into different folders. On top of that, MagicJack sends you an EMAIL of the voicemail! SO EVEN IF YOU MISS %100 OF YOUR CALLS, JUST CHECK YOUR EMAIL AND LISTEN TO THEM ON YOUR COMPUTER SPEAKERS! HURRAY! Hahaha

-MindGame

• Harsh Realities Jul 19, 2009

You MUST deal with service companies in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.
    Yes, on paper, sent via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or your favorite flavor.

You MUST deal with service companies in WRITING.

Follow EACH phone conversation with a snail-mail summary of your conversation to the place you send your bills. Include your name, address, and account number.

If you continue to be defrauded by service companies file a FORMAL complaint with the "Public Utilities Commission"

...

remember you CAN also sue them in small claims court. In most jurisdictions the filing fee is about $60. WHEN you win your case you will recoup this investment.

• Le
    LegalTech Dec 25, 2011

MJ is advertising that the user can call anywhere in the USA. That is a lie. Several exchanges cannot be called from my MJ phone including 308-235-XXXX, 435-723-XXXX and 541-226-XXXX. I have complained to them for over a year and their so called engineering department will not respond with a fix. Now, MJ will not let me chat with them; no one responds to my chat requests. MJ does not have a phone number to call to complain and no address can be found for their business.

1) Someone needs to initiate an class action suit to publish a phone number to call with complaints that can be tracked by the public and the FCC and FTC.

2) Investigate their chat methods and why they will not email chat sessions to their customers upon request. I have requested this several times and nothing happens.

3) Stop their false advertising.

Can anyone help fix this and make them accountable to their customers?????

manufacturing

The Magic Jack plugs into a USB port. I have enjoyed using my Magic Jack for over a year but last night the unit broke away from the USB plug and fell to the floor. The USB plug appears to have had 4 points that were soldered (not well) to 4 points inside the unit and that's all that held the 2 parts together. The Magic Jack is too heavy for the plug. I always noted that the weight made the unit hang down a bit. They won't replace it since it broke on my end. I am not willing to pay another $50 or so to replace it. SO..IS THAT HOW THEY ARE ADDING TO THE BOTTOM LINE AND SELLING SERVICE SO CHEAPLY? By selling such poorly made units that they know you will have to replace them>

• Mo
    moe Apr 27, 2009

Hi, I am in Trinidad West Indies and the Magic Jack works very good. I had some problems to set up cause of fire wall. they set it up remotely for me. I love it

• Mo
    moe Apr 27, 2009

They helped me on the chat line

Michael W Dickey Apr 15, 2010

EXCELLENT: Furthermore, I have the same problem. Just try soldering the thing together! SURE...?!?! Copper tabs curl off the board etc. in short what seems a simple task requires a minimum $100 bench set-up. You'd think you could just buy another unit transfer your current number and download your contacts from an online contact back-up, however there may be Microsoft Outlook merge program which you should have had some common sense to use or your current back-up. Now, paying for a completely new Magic Jack Unit replacement after a reasonable warranty period is expired is fair but it is not available, So I buy another Magic Jack, for example, then I port my old Magic Jack number and then see if I can import from my back-up. Whhewww!! Still, I paid for two years of service yes? NO! That was for free as part of the deal. Remittance is to cost of manufacturing/distribution and admin operations, yes the product services cost... 19.95/yr., however within the initial offering these services are free, example answer.com for magic jack tech info and are at the mercy of their fees. However, porting my old Magic Jack # might return my service considering it is still working...seems logical ...no? It might even even give me a pop-up box asking me if I want import from my Outlook...oh! what logical hope! NOW the five year service is optional but that's at the time you buy the unit. SO, for an addition $20 on the original 39.95 pricing the unit and total services as part free( 2 yrs ) and then this optional upgrade of three years for that additional $20 thus 59.95. In other words you're getting 3 yrs service at the time you purchase the hardware. This is still some conjecture here, the idea is that you're offered hardware with the first 2yrs service free, as if the service cost them too much within the fixed overhead costs...I won't say anymore here about VOIP licencing here. The most draw backs of electronics units are their physical junction points Wifi's, Aircards have similar issues however there is reasonable recovery there.
    It seems being ready willing and able to spend another $40 as long as porting your current magic jack # would be easy enough, as there is that option, however if you enter those menu's and it doesn't allow porting in your own magic jack number to the new one ...oh well! My suspicion is that if it successfully ports, downloading your contacts would be part of the execution program. I have yet to try this theory. Respectfully; [email protected]