Having problems with Macy's?

+1 800 289 6229 (United States)
+1 513 573 7912 (International)
+1 888 257 6757 (Credit Customer Service)
+1 888 822 6229 (Furniture and Mattress Customer Service)
+1 800 568 8865 (Wedding and Gift Registry)
685 Market St., 10th Fl.
Sat24h
Sun24h

Complaints & Reviews

Macy’s Department Storecredit card fraud

I am stationed overseas with US Department of State. On 7 July 2011 while on vacation at the town of Clearwater, Fl my wife and my USAA bank debit cards and Ripley Master Card were stolen; immediately the cards were used to make fraudulent charges at the Macy’s East store #832 located in Tampa, FL. One of the charges were for $417.30 on my USAA bank debit card; however, I am still trying to get the statement for the other charges made at the same Macys department store with my other credit card since it is from an overseas bank. I blame Macys for not enforcing their sales associates to very the customer’s identification when making a purchase with a credit or debit card.

• VetoForBRs Aug 05, 2011

You slide your own card at Macy's. We don't even touch/look at them. Also, if you talk to anyone in loss prevention at Macy's, they don't waste their time on credit card issues unless it's a Macy's charge that's being used fraudulently.

Plus, we can't confront "guests" or make accusations, ever. Big no no. And Macy's would lose money if we denied suspected fraudulent purchases... losing money just isn't an option to them.

• Kb
      kbacmu Aug 23, 2012

I work for Macy's Department Store, although it's not currently our store policy to check credit cards, I do. When a customer states that they are using a credit card. I state respectfully, "for your protection" can I verify your credit card with your identification. Not one person has had a problem with this, they continually states thank you. While I don't blame Macy's, I do think that sales associates should provide customers with this service, this is considered as optimal customer service, which is what Macy's selling platform is all about. As a Macy's employee, I deeply regret that this has happen to you, as I know personally how much of a inconvenience trying to recover stolen items can be. Best of luck, Macy's employee

• Lo
      Lou E. Mahony Jul 02, 2013

I have been trying for 1 1/2 hours t simply order a gift card for my granddaughter in Spokane. I'm in Cathedral City, CA. I keep getting pages of info, disconnected, and "I can't do that from here." I have tried customer service, the women's department and on line. My frustration fountain runneth over. Please assist me! Thanks, Lou E. Mahony

Macy’s Storerude mall clerk

On Sunday I went to Woodbridge Macy store on 7/31 at 3:56 pm. I purchased a black dress with my Macy Black card. I didn’t want to keep the charges on the Macy card so I told the sales clerk I would like to pay for the charges with the debit card. So I placed the debit card in her hand and she in return put the debit card on the counter. I don’t think this a normal business practice with Macy. I am a very valuable member with Macy’s store and I think she needs to be spoken to on her behavior. Here are the two transaction numbers listed below so you can identify the saleperson.

Macysms. manny, compliance dept

Macy has confused me with another card holder, and has maligned me with the credit reporting agencies. I have a letter from Ms. Manny stating that they had confused me with another client, and would make sure that their error would not reflect upon me negatively. They haven't corrected their error, and now they have attached someones elses account to my name. How do you get someoness attention at Macys?

Macysworry no more

I purchased worry no more gold coverage for my outdoor furniture set in june 2010. This was to cover a $ 2, 800.00 patio set. I was told that it covered me in full, for full replacement or repair, for my entire set. My 11 foot umbrella cracked in half recently. Not even used a year. Macy's had the nerve to offer me $ 45 dollars under their plan. I told macy's that a new 11 foot umbrella is at least $ 300.00, so this is not full replacement. They told me since the original $ 2, 800 set included a 9 foot umbrella as part of the package and I paid $ 45 dollars to upgrade from 9 to 11 foot. This is why they only wanted to give me $ 45. To me, this is a scam. If it's full replacement, it should be just that. After pushing them for at ;east 6 hours of phone calls, they offered me a $ 250 gift card plus the $ 45 dollars. I suppose that is more like it, however I should not have had to go through hell to get this far. Full replacement gold coverage, should not defy common sense. Maybe my broken umbrella that they refused to deal with should have hurt someone, then they would have paid a lot more than this. I really hate being taken advantage of.

Macy's, Incorder never received

I ordered 16 placesettings of dinnerware on August 6. It is now December 1 and I am still waiting for the last three placesettings to arrive. I have contacted Macys.com over fifteen times. Each time they promise to look in to this and call me back but no one ever does. I often ask for a supervisor but they are either not available or also promise to call me back but never do. It is unbelieveable the stories they have told me about why the dishes have not arrived or where they have been sent in error, it is really endless and changes every time.

Macy's — missed phone interview

I was supposed to have a phone interview today with one of your HR recruiters. I've been by my phone for...

Macy's Customer — outsourcing

After many years of shopping at Macy's, I have decided to close my account, because every time I have to...

Macy's — don't ever work here

Okay now where do I begin. Macy's is one of the worst places to work at for several reasons: 1. They change...

Macy's — they just don't care

There's a reason why it seems like Macy's is always hiring... once you get in, you're dying to...

Macy's Department Store — crdeit card fraud & identity theft

On June 6, 2011 a friend of mine recieved a bill in the mail from Macy's for his Mother Catherine Blake...

Macy's Credit Cardarrogant customer service

I had misplaced my invoice from last month and was charged a $25 late fee. When this rare incident happens, I always try to talk to customer service, - most service companies will reverse a one-time late fee charge without a problem as long as it is not a recurrent offense.
            After spending 45 minutes of my life trying to get through to a customer service representative - I finally got hold of this arrogant guy who is negotiating a $14 fee for paying over the phone versus my late fee of $25!!!...geeee, I am saving $10!!! I told him I did not appreciate his tone and the way he was handling the situation. He just kept wanting to know when I would pay my amount due. I finally told him I would pay off the full amount and NEVER AGAIN use Macy's credit card! I am just wondering how Macy's can afford loosing customers in these tough times?

• St
                starlet317 Oct 26, 2011

I've had a late fee on my account a few times over the years and it's never been an issue for me. I called and quickly got someone, explained my situatution and they waived the fee. I call with kindness and respect that they have the right to say no because it's my mistake after all. Never had a problem.

anonymous collectior 2014 Feb 24, 2014

I work in collections at Macy's and I do not appreciate ranting and raving imbeciles who refuse to read their billing statements... or contact us in a timely manner. If customers have issues receiving their on line billing statements they need to call [protected] and we will be happy to work with them. Every one of us deserves to be treated with respect and it's a two way street. If you don't understanding something ask questions... but don't waste our time asking us to review every transaction that you have made for months...

Macys — beware

Actually, this should be a -3 stars because working at Macy's is a joke! I can only speak for my own...

Macy's Credit Card — charges and fees

I shop at Macy's store once in a while. Every time I pay at the register, the sales clerk usually trie...

Macy's Mac Countercustomer service

I went to the mac counter to get a color match. After Eboni, the artist turned around and asked if we had been helped, she did not help us after she finished with her client. I only needed a quick color match that took less than 5 minutes and I think her name is Jessica helped me although she had a client (who kept getting on the phone). There was another artist who did not help me because "I have to leave" and a group of people who arrived after me were helped. I started being very rude and loud because that is ridiculous EBONI. I walked back by the counter and Eboni had left also. I ended up going to Bobby Brown and Sara was very helpful and attended my needs quickly.

• Po
                  pobarjenkins May 07, 2011

I supported you until you said this "I started being very rude and loud because that is ridiculous EBONI.". If this is your means of solution to poor customer service then you are part of the problem.

• Sr
                  srchng4care May 14, 2011

you cant act all ghetto to people and expect them to be nice to you!!! and dont try and act like your ### aint ghetto you live in the woodlands which is right next to houston--- GHETTO!!

• Th
                  thesunnydayz Jun 29, 2011

wow ladies where is the CLASS? woodlands or houston it doesnt matter. if there is a problem solve it name calling & all this rubbish leads to nothing but trash!!!

have a good dar
                  Dior Counter Manager : )
                  N.M

Macy's Worrynomore Furniture Coveragetime limit

There has been a stain on my $2000 sofa for about 3 months. I dug around for my worrynomore brochure, but could not find it. A wedding and master's degree program got in the way of further investigation. When I finally called, they informed me that since I did not call within 10 days of noticing the stain, they cannot help me. I started crying because in an economy such as the one we are in $2000 + the cost of the warranty is a lot of money to lose, and they hung up on me. I have never been treated so poorly by customer service agents in my life. Shame on you, Macy's. I can tell you one thing -- I will never shop there again!

• Jk
                    JKDE May 07, 2011

You did not call within 10 days of noticing the stain. How is that Macy's fault?

Macy's$2.00 charge

I received my Bill and had a $2.00 charge for revolving credit. My April bill was received by me on 4/4, I paid the bill on 4/19, they didn't credit my account until 4/26. When I called they said they are allowed to charge $2.00 fee for payment not received by 4/15 - the bill wasn't due until 4/26. It's a scam. I canceled my Macy's account and will no longer purchase anything from them.

Macys Southlake Mallcustomer service

I will never go back to Macys Southlake Mall. Felicia the manager on duty was very rude and nasty and refused to return a purchase that i paid good money for. I will never spend my money there again

• Po
                        pobarjenkins Apr 26, 2011

Why did your return get refused?

Macys — credit card

i have been a cardholder since 2007...my credit limit had gone up to $1000 a few months ago..today I called...

Macy'sdiscrimination and poor hiring skills

I applied for a part-time job at the store and was told I would hear from them in a few days. I was about the only one that was dressed in a professional manner and when I looked around I was shocked at how sloppy some of the applicants were dressed. I will say that Macy's only hires Blacks and hispanics and a few white people to hide the fact. But most people have asked why there are no whites on the floor. Talk about discrimination. I was treated very poorly there by the younger people who have no respect for adults and poor work ethics. They would fight in front of customers and customers even complained to me about the way one of my co-workers was treating me. The Manager made it obvious who she liked. From the moment I met her she was nasty and jumped to conclusions instead of listening. Poor management skills. Ex. A customer was returning a bracelet for the third time so I called her and she yelled on the floor "you don't bother me you ask one of your coworkers to help you." (something to that effect). Then when she shut her mouth long enough to hear me out, she said "Oh I have to talk to her." She told the woman it would be the last time she would take the bracelet back and told her that maybe it was the wrong style for her...was I right, yes, did I get an apology, no. With the constant discord there, I decided to leave a week early and went to Human Resources to tell them. They thanked me and said most people just walk out on them without a word. They also told me that there were a lot of complaints about the Christmas help they hired. Do I get called for a regular job, no. Why because they don't know that most people can do a good job given the chance and if you have a brain in your head, you can do more than one thing. I was told how good I was with customers and most customers bought what I suggested.
                      So what is it they are looking for? No one knows but certainly customers are very dissatisfied with their customer service. I saw a regular employee verbally attack a customer. Angry people work there and I have had enough of Macy's. By the way I worked at the Flagship store and after leaving I went down and had to prove that my credit card was compromised. A security manager took the time to check it out and returned my money within 5 minutes - he look so embarrassed. The manager of the dept. I bought from assumed I was wrong and never thought that maybe one of her workers stole from me or made a mistake. Live and learn.

Macybeddefective product

I purchased a king size Ultra Plus Euro bed on sale for $897.00 + $50.00 delivery fee + $62.79 in taxes, so you could say a $1, 000 king size bed. This bed is definitely not a Posturepedic Ultra Plus Euro Pillow Top Mattress. Me & my husband have severe back problems & as result of sleeping on this bed created more pain than we had before, which defeated the whole purpose of buying the bed. I complained, they send a 3rd party out and they replaced the bed. It was so bad that there was a hump in the middle and the astro (?) foam did not return to it original position. The second bed was even worse !! I called again and they sent another independent agent out to verify the defects. But at this point we could no longer sleep on the bed due to the pain it had caused us, therefore, we were rejected, so now we have a bed we cannot even sleep in...Do not Buy from Macy's, if you check, every year they discontinue something and I guess our's definitely a reject. What a waste of money and a scam.

• Ph
                            Phillips Oak Apr 07, 2011

My husband and I bought a mattress and headboard from Macy's before we got married, and arranged for delivery the week of our wedding. We did not get the bed. After about 3 weeks of a run around, and getting excuses (they claimed they ordered the mattress and the frame twice, and each time they arrived damaged), I called the warehouse directly (got the number from a friend that worked for Macy's)
                            Found out from the warehouse foreman, that I had two mattresses, and NO frame. Turned out that the salesperson did not order the frame on time, and that there was not problem with the mattresss!