Having problems with Lowe's?

Lowe's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 31, 2006. The latest review Window shutters for my home florida was posted on Oct 21, 2021. The latest complaint Unethical behavior was resolved on Apr 30, 2020. Lowe's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1127 reviews. Lowe's has resolved 231 complaints.

Lowe's Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 445 6937 (Customer Care)
+1 877 465 6937 (Sales & Product Assistance)
+1 800 444 1408 (Consumer, Commercial Business Accounts)
+1 800 890 5932 (Technical Issues)
+1 866 232 7443 (Commercial Accounts Receivable Accounts)
1000 Lowes Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lowe's Customer Service. Initial Lowe's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lowe's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lowe's. Discuss the issues you have had with Lowe's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lowe's Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Lowe'sCarpeting and appliances

My name is Mary Shults. I manage 4 Apartment complexes in Mt Pleasant, TX. Usually our 2 accounts average $6000.00 per month. We are always needing appliances, carpeting and flooring. My maint staff have little time to wait for hours on Lowe's to get our orders ready. We call ahead and still, due to Unlearned Lowe's staff, must WAIT AND WAIT. Just when you have a team member trained well enough to help in the two areas listed above...you switch them to another department, then the "duh, I don't know how to do that" or " I'll call you back when I can find out how to do that" starts. It really gets OLD fast!!! We have been with lowe's since they opened here in our town. Our accounts are Northidge Apartments and Huntington Ridge Condos, Mt Pleasant, TX.

Lowe'sGE top Load Washer Model GTW335ASN1WW Serial FR177968G

Hello LOWES Complaint Department,

I have been a very satisfied LOWES customer for many years.
    My purchase date for the washing machine at issue was 4/25/2020 (Reciept transaction # [protected]-128836 GE TL WASH GTW335ASNWW $468.00, plus 3 Year Extended Warranty #895147 $86.97).
    The washer has worked well with normal use until September 3 when it stopped spinning the clothes, leaving them soaking wet in the basin.
    I contacted Lowes on 9/3/21 and was referred to the 888-77-LOWES number to schedule a repair. I was given a repair date of Tuesday 9/7 between 8 and 12:00 by the LOWES associate over the phone.
    This appointment never happened. I called the Axis Appliance repair number I was provided by LOWES and was informed there was no appointment.
    I rescheduled for the earliest Axis appoint available, which was Thursday, 9/9. At nearly 2 hours late, a service person arrived. He was very rude, had a bad attitude, spoke broken English and fluent Russian. He spent approximately 20 minutes working on the washer and failed to repair my washer, saying "it could not be repaired and it was not worth replacing any parts." He refused to provide me with any more information, other than to say "the motor was defective." I asked if we had done something to cause the issue and he replied "No". He refused to provide anything in writing regarding the irreparable issue, and left, saying :not his problem, he is just a contractor and that I needed to call my insurance".
    He also cut himself and left blood on the frond of the washer.
    I again called Axis appliance repair at the [protected] number I had been provided by LOWES to ask what I was supposed to do now that my washer motor was defective and irreparable. I was put off by Axis, given the "run around", telling me they would contact me the following week after speaking with the technician manager because they needed to send another repair person out to assess the washer, but had no available dates.
    Today is Monday, 9/13. With no call back from Axis still, I called and left a request for a call back asap this morning. I just received a call back from Axis, informing me that a second repair person would have to come assess the washer but the earliest appointment available for me was Thursday 9/23 by noon!! (That is 20 days without a functioning washing machine! and I have no guarantee or confidence that it will be repaired with this next appointment!) I am extremely frustrated with Axis Appliance Repair, and am further frustrated with the inability to speak to ANYONE at LOWES who is able to address my issue with any measure of competence! I paid the extra money to extend the warranty and in return for my purchase, I have been treated as though my warranty and my inoperable washer are of no concern or value to Axis or to LOWES!
    I am extremely dissatisfied with the poor, incompetent repair service I have received, and I feel that LOWES is responsible for taking my money for the warranty and failing to honor their contractual commitment in good faith!

In exasperation I had NO CHOICE but to purchase another washer, even though the existing one is only a year and a half old. Now I am out an additional $500.00! Moreover, I was certain NOT to purchase the WORTHLESS extended warranty this time. It is a unmitigated rip off!

According to the warranty, I am entitled to a $50 refund for no successful service repair within 14 days. I believe the inconvenience I have endured is much greater than the pitiful reimbursement of $50.00. I believe LOWES is obligated to replace my broken washer, or repair it promptly!

In closing, thank you for the opportunity to express my frustration! I suggest LOWES finds another appliance repair service and refrain from contracting with Axis Appliance, as they are creating more problems than they are resolving . In my experience they are 100% incompetent!

Sincerely,
    Rachael Berg, Esq.

• Updated by Rachael Berg · Sep 13, 2021

Axis Appliance repair is creating a very poor image on behalf of LOEWS.

Respond

Lowe'stransferred to a plumber?!

I waited for over an hour to get ahold of a customer service representative. When someone finally answered I explained my bank is showing a charge from Lowe's for $98.91 for a purchase I never made. The same charge was attempted in late July - and I was able to reach a representative who withdrew the charge. Today, however, I was told they could do nothing and then offered to transfer me to a supervisor. I was then "transferred" to a random plumbing company.

I am currently again on hold waiting for what I hope will be a better customer representative who will not lie to me.

Respond

Lowe'smatt , manager at lowes window and door dept. pembrooke ma.

poor customer service, had bad attitude, seems like he was having a bad day . still he should not treat people like they are bothering him . don't know why he's a manager or working where he's around customers who need advice . I've been to other stores and all your associates were very helpful . was looking for help and he seemed to just brush me off .

Lowe'sWindows and Doors installation

We ordered Windows and Doors from Lowes in March. They were delayed because of the pandemic which we were rather frustrated as they would give us little information about when we would have them installed. They got the door in, in June and installed the door on July 5th. They did not follow the installation instructions provided on the permit or the instructions that came with the door. Jeldwen will not honor a warrantee unless the door is installed per these instructions. There was no sill pan which is required by the manufacturer, the screws are not long enough to meet the hurricane rating of the door, no insulation was added to the gaps at the jam, they did not seal the door at the bottom to prevent moisture and pest intrusion and the trim work has 5/8" gaps that were filled with caulking and is uneven. They even cracked the door frame when they were installing it. The door is not plumb so it will close all on its own without someone holding it open and there is a 3/16 gap at the top and flush at the bottom when the door is closed.

Initially the door was difficult to unlock from the outside, you would have to pull the door close to you and turn the key. They did send someone who fixed this issue however but the rest have been untouched.

They sent a Jeldwen rep out to my house along with a Lowes installation manager. The rep wanted to check with his team about my concerns but eventually got back with Lowes explaining the issue would not result in the door being installed correctly. Lowes said they did not get this information initially.
          Three weeks after the representatives were out at my house I finally called their cooperate number and I have been speaking with Rick. He has taken over the claim though it has been four weeks since I have called them and nothing has moved forward. They are not even sure if the new door has been ordered. I have made at least one phone call a day to try and get this resolved since the middle of August.

The windows are in the store though I am concerned they will install them in a similar way ignoring the instructions for expedience.

Sep 09, 2021

Lowe's — Inflexible return policy during the pandemic

My husband purchased five Fleximount units from Lowe's for overhead storage in the garage. I am not sure...

Lowe'sRebate

I have been owed over $200 in rebates since Memorial Day weekend. I have yet to receive it. I am making a movement for a class action lawsuit. You big corporations need to understand that you can't do this to us.i have spoken to customer service and corporate about this matter and still being told it will be another 6 -8 weeks. This has been ongoing since I submitted my rebate on May 30, 2021.

Lowe'sNot refunding money

I purchased $1, 434.60 in merchandise on 8/4/2021. A Lowes sales clerk convinced me to apply for a Lowes cc to receive a 20% discount on my purchases, then I was told to bring my Lowes cc in upon receipt to receive the discount.

I applied for and received the Lowes cc. I took the card to the Lowes store. They processed the credit to my bank debit card, transferred the 1, 434.60 minus $100 discount to my new Lowes card on 8/21/2021. To date, my bank card has not been credited. So, in affect, I have paid for the merchandise twice!

I have called there customer care line, twice, they sent me back to the store, the store sent me back to customer care who assured me the store manager would call me within 24 hours...of course, no phone call.

I need this resolved. It's outrageous.

Lowe'smy store

i live in GUN BARREL CITY TEXAS. This is probably the worse store i have ever tried to do business with. i have heard every excuse in the world about COVID.
                I have been trying for over 15 minutes to get a store manager on the phone. This is awfull
                PHIL FRANKS- [protected] CELL

PLUS they have lost so many employees here to TRACTOR SUPPLY. I THINK YOU KNOW WHY

Sep 05, 2021

Lowe's — Samsung washer & dryer installation

We ordered a stackable washer/dryer from Lowes.com that was delivered on time. Next our rep at our local...

South Point

Lowe'sRefrigerator

I purchased the extended warranty plan on my refrigerator. Lowes has left me with no fridge for 6 weeks. Saying parts ordered. I purchased a dorm fridge at my own cost. Im recovering from lung cancer and am caretaker of my 86 yr old mother whom is diabetic. Here it is labor day weekend no fridge. Im finished with lowes. Crooks
                  Elizabeth mathews
                  [protected]

Sep 03, 2021

Lowe's — Rebate for paint $30

On 5/31/21 I submitted a rebate online for 3 gallons of paint at $10 per gallon. I supplied all necessary...

Sep 03, 2021

Lowe's — My almost $2,000.00 held hostage by lowes for almost 2 months while I missed out on what I needed

On June 5th, 2021, I purchased a utility trailer from Pine Bluff, Arkansas Lowes (through my girlfriend) and...

Lowe'swall tile install

Wife and I have been waiting for install of wall tile over counter top for several months. A crew from texas came and started the project, ran out of grout said they would order more grout and come back when it arrives. To date the grout was miss ordered and then my wife was told that order was not placed and service pro was to pay for it, then she was told service pro had no authority to order the product. Well we are stuck in the middle of your pi# match and are frustrated over the extreme wait. My money was accepted and now I am considering a refund.
                    Ps: the contractor caused water damage to my wife's hobby room causing much water damage. Also the contractor did such a poor job of clean up, the counter top needs professional cleaning (counter top is new and cost up words of $5000.00. Also contractor used no protection on counter top and may have caused damage that we can not see until counter top is cleaned

Sep 02, 2021

Lowe's — Extended warranty on dishwasher

I purchased a dishwasher from Lowes, including an extended warranty. I've been trying since June to get it...

Lowe'sNon working dishwasher

Bought a brand new dishwasher and had it delivered on 8/26/2021. Hooked up brand new dishwasher and it don't work. Called the customer service number that came with product and was told they would have to send someone out to fix it. It is now 9/1/2021 and still not fixed. I don't believe that I should have to wait for a brand new dishwasher to be fixed. I should receive a brand one. This is unacceptable. I paid for a product that does not work and have to wait for someone to fix it. Will think twice before buying anymore appliance's from you.

Lowe'sCustomer service

This location has the WORST customer service. My fiancé and I went through self check out and the item we were buying was on sale, and when I brought it to the associates attention she just stared at me and in a rude tone told me she had to verify that. We smiled and said okay, makes sense. No worries.
                        Then we asked how to do split payment and she rolled her eyes and said you couldn't do that at self checkout, and nudged me out of her way so she could print a receipt to take to a different register . My fiancé went and took a picture of the sales ticket to show the cashier. And the self check out woman snatched his phone out of his hand and was "well I have to still verify the numbers actually match." Sure, again, no worries. But don't nudge us or snatch our phone out of our hand. Then we told the cashier we needed split payment and she said to just enter our card into the reader, we asked if she heard us about split payment and she sighed and asked how much we need. Then proceeded to tell us how we were rude so she didn't feel the need to listen to us. We weren't rude, we were pretty calm despite the disrespect we kept receiving. It was all just an unprofessional, unacceptable experience to have.

1 Response
                          • Ki
                            kitchen wall tile Sep 02, 2021

seams to be the way of lows I was told that a product I was asking for a military discount did not quallify. she pushed the items toward me and said you want it or not ? I then proceeded to tell her that I was shot at and killed people to preserve her right to come to the USA and be safe and free of harm . respect the discount offer, she refused I had to go to Home Depot for the respect

Lowe'sCustomer service

I ordered and paid for an entry way door on 08/06/21 from Lowe's store #1624. I was told it would arrive in 19 days, 8/25/21. I was not called or emailed any updates on the item arrival so I showed up to pick up my door on 8/25/21 only to be told it has been delayed until 9/30/21. I was told by an employee named Christopher in the Door dept that Neil Williams, who completed this sale, was made aware of this delay since 8/12/21. I am understanding of manufacturing delays HOWEVER, I am a customer and deserve the courtesy of an update. I am at the end of a remodeling project, rented a truck for the transportation of the door to my house and have a contractor scheduled for the installation today, 8/26/21. This is unacceptable treatment. I paid for this product in FULL- $1540.19 and could not be afforded the courtesy of an email or phone call so that I would not have extended my self further finally? Is this how you train your staff to treat customers? I am very disappointed.

Lowe'sCustomer service

Shop at Lowes as often!!!... Today Aug 23 at customer service I have never been treated so poorly... First we tried self check and the clerk was in a tizzy with another guest that she had a disagreement with because he said she let other people in line after he had requested assistance. He waited for a manager. It got verbal. The clerk forgot to apply the veterans discount and sent us to customer service, which was fine till we arrived for assistance
                            Mu husband is a veteran and uses his veteran discount when he shops and the cards has always been accepted, which he appreciates from Loews... Instead of being friendly, the clerk in customer service advised he could not use the military discount nor his Loews card for his discount... She was so rude and took the receipt and that was the last we saw of it... After waiting at her register 10 minutes, we walked out... Without the receipt

I have never experienced any of your associates acting in such a manner and do not appreciate it... Since I have no name for the clerks nor the receipt, I suppose I am lost at the end...

Today we only spent $80+ so the discount would be about $8.00... It is not the amount I am disgusted, it is the service and attitude of the clerk...

Respond

Lowe'sInstallation of basement outside door

In late July I had a outside entrance basement door installed by Loews. Within the last three weeks I called Lowes customer service five times for a repair to the new door. There is a space on the bottom of the door that can result in water entering the basement. Each time I called Lowes customer care I was told that the installer would get back to me. Nobody ever called back. Sure enough, water came through the basement door during the recent hurricane I had been connected on the six call to Lowes directly to the installer who promised to come to my home on Monday (today) between the hours of 3pm and 6p.m I cancelled an important medical appointment so that I would be home should the installer come early . The installer never showed up. Nobody likes to be ignored especially when one pays top dollars for a door. It seems that Lowes is not interested in correcting this problem. When I purchased the door the salesman at the Hicksville store insisted that I pay at full amount of the cost of the door( $2, 037.00) before installation. I was told the reason was to "protect" the store. How many times must I call Lowes customer call before someone cares enough to correct his problem? I think calling Loews 6 times is enough!