Long John Silver's Logo

Long John Silver's

Having problems with Long John Silver's?

Long John Silver's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 2, 2007. The latest review Drive Thru took way too Long! was posted on Aug 31, 2021. The latest complaint receipt reward was resolved on Aug 29, 2018. Long John Silver's has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 421 reviews. Long John Silver's has resolved 35 complaints.

Long John Silver's Customer Service Contacts

9500 Williamsburg Plaza, Suite#300
Louisville, Oklahoma

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Long John Silver's Customer Service. Initial Long John Silver's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Long John Silver's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Long John Silver's. Discuss the issues you have had with Long John Silver's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Long John Silver's Complaints & Reviews, Page 19

Long John Silvercooked me another order of food with same dirty grease

Today is 4/14/2015

I stop at Long John Silver/KFC in League City Parkway at 2660 E.
I order my food at 4:38 p.m.
The lead on duty gave me greasy food...look like it was just sitting in dirty grease. So I ask her for some fresh food because this looks old. My food was done at 5:00 pm...I didn't check my food again I just knew it was right . I check my food while I was at the light it look l the same problem burnt, dark brown and full of grease. She said the meal was 11.89 but charge me 12.35 on my card, also my fish was half done. I was looking forward to enjoy my dinner ...where I from which is Galveston we do not have a Long John. I wish I could get money back or something. All that grease gave me a migraine.

• Ty
      ty the only Nov 21, 2008

In this work place employee gets half cash money instead of full check just because employer don't has to pay tax to government, employee is not paying tax which is illege to work in united states, violation of rules. if employment agency see this commplain do take some action.

Long John Silversnasty nasty store and unprofessional store manager

I used to work for Long John Silvers store # 31462 and I have to stay that is was one of the most poorly ran stores I have ever seen. I was an assistant manager until a few days ago. My store manager would CONSTANTLY borrow money from the drawers, the change fund and even the deposits. We had roaches so bad if you moved something they would scatter! They also just got a new oil from outside our regular vendor and had to create a GIN number. It was NASTY!!! It was a palm oil I believe and it made the entire store smell like hamburgers. ALL of the battered food was cooked in it and it also tasted like hamburgers. So disgusting!! We had so many leaks in our celling and had to put buckets in the lobby to catch all the water. I had also watched my store manager drop frozen food on the floor, pick it back up and cook it. She would date the food several days out from the discard date instead of throwing it away like you are supposed to. The cooks didn't shake the food properly and it was ALWAYS greasy, food wasn't discarded after the hold timer went off. I should had walked out WAY sooner than I did! I will NEVER EVER again work for Estes Enterprise (Long John Silvers) again. I would highly suggest that people stay away from the store located at 21st and Amidion located in Wichita Ks!

Long John Silvers — close of business

The long john silvers in pampa, texas has closed its doors.. I think it is a shame that the doors have...

Long John Silversbad service/wrong order

On Wed. Sept. 10th at about 5 pm
      I drove to Long John Silvers at 55 Honey Creek Parkway for a $4.99
      coupon special, 2 pieces of fish, 2 sides and 2 hush puppies. Since I did not get a receipt I cannot tell you the store number.
      I repeated my order several times before she got it right. I pulled
      around to the take-out window and waited, there were no cars behind me,
      and very few people inside. I waited 10 or 15 minutes, by which time
      there were 2 cars behind me. I gave the attendant my coupon and $5 and
      some change. I knew the baked potato would cost an extra $.50. She
      told me it would cost more than $7, so I asked her if my order was
      filled correctly. She called a manager over and they put their heads
      together a minute, them she accepted my $5.87 for the meal. She handed
      me the sack and when I pulled around the corner I checked to make sure
      the slaw was in the sack, too many times it has been left out. When
      I got home I started to unpack the food to put it on a plate when I saw
      the fish was small and there were 3 pieces. I realized it must be
      chicken. I was hungry so I ate 2 and threw the last one away then called
      the store and asked for the manager. A woman answered very loudly,
      speaking so fast it was barely recognizable English. She said she was
      the manager. I explained the situation and she told me next time I came
      to Long John's to tell the attendant I had 2 pieces of free fish coming
      to me.I
      believe the manager and the girl at the window knew they were giving me
      the wrong order, but by that time things were getting busy and they
      decided to just pass it off. The so-called manager answered the phone
      unlike any manager I've ever heard. Then to tell me I can come back and
      get 2 pieces of fish, without offering me a meal is offensive. Good
      management skills, correct customer service and a polite apology go a
      long way to soothing a customers ruffled feathers. This one had none of
      the qualifications.And the Corporate Offices...well, what fun it is to try to contact that bunch. Perhaps you should consider training the managers and publishing your e-mail address for the public. I await your polite reply with bated breath...Janice Garey

• Su
          suehug Nov 02, 2014

We were looking forward to eating at Long John Silver's at LaGrange Kentucky since that is the closest one to us. We stopped in after going to our grandson`s football game. The service was horrible, the food was warm but not hot like it was just cooked. The girl that took our order was barely audible, and she didn't even ask if we wanted to order drinks. I guess she thought we would just choke our food down. I finally said I wanted a small coffee so she handed me a cup to serve myself. I got my coffee from the coffee thermos...it was cold so I told her I wanted hot coffee. She took it and heated it in the microwave. My husband said he didn't get a cup for his drink. I went back up to get it and the other lady asked me what size he ordered. I said I didn't know. She goes back to look at the order and said he didn't order one. I said she didn't ask if we wanted drinks. I told her wanted a small drink and she rang it up for the drink. I told her she shouldn't even charge for it. No apologies for messing up our order..no emotions or smiles whatsoever. This place needs new management. Probably not going back there. I'll go to Captain Dees.

Long John Silvers — disgusting food & horrible serice

First, the cashier brought us our food, but said she would be back with the shrimp. No customer wants to...

Long John Silversnasty food

We have went to the Clintwood Virginia Long John Silvers 3 times since they have "remodeled". First trip it was a nice clean newly done Long Johns but the manager was really rude and snippy, 2ND time the Chicken was dripping grease the 3rd time the fries looked and tasted re dropped and the Hush puppies were so greasy we took a paper towel and squeezed and it was soaked in it. Everyone knows it is 30 bucks for the 12 piece meal we were unable to eat.They were not even busy! i was the only one there. We will not go back and we want our money back too!!

Long John Silvers (Fish)dirty-needs remodeled-building old

This Long Johns restaurant has been at the Moundsville, W V location for many years and seems to do a good business. I do not understand why the company has let this place get so dirty and rundown that it is very hard to eat a meal inside because of its condition. It is so dirty from ceiling to floor that I am surprised the health department doesn't shut it down. Sometimes the fish is so greasy that I use napkins to blot up the grease and that tells me that the equipment in there is old, too. There is no reason for this.
          I hope that this complaint gets into the right hands and that they clean up/or remodel the place. Thank You

Long John Silverssurcharge to debit/credit

Surcharge applied to your credit card - for debit. My card has both debit and credit features I was not given a choice like many other legitimate business asks and was assessed.39 cents service charge. When I asked about the situation the young lady behind counter said sorry it just charges it I dont have way to change it.

Also trying to get on line at long john silvers website - impossible and reading from many complaints I can see why they dont want you to be able to access their website.

This seems like a prime opportunity for a class action lawsuit - any takers?

Long John Silvers / KFCpoor management/front line

Waited on out food for over 20 minutes while several other customer's orders were completed. Part of order was sitting out while they were cooking onion rings. We were given 2 biscuits for our lengthy wait - hardly worth it. We paid $17.64 for our order & expected a little more than what we received in the Customer Service dept. We were not given a receipt, so when I asked for one they gave me a blank piece of register tape with sweepstakes phone number on the back. When I called that number for complaint it asked me for transaction number, so I asked again for a duplicate receipt & they said they did not know how to do it. I approached front line workers 6 times because of no utinsils, no plates, no condiments, & no receipt. Finally someone from back line came up (asst mgr?) & dug receipt out of trash & told me that there were no onion rings made all day & that's what took so long. This was at 6pm. No apology, no discount, no referral number to complain to. They did not know how to print a duplicate receipt & had no drive to ask anyone how. By the time we finally got our food I was so upset I couldn't even enjoy it. Very disappointed in our service & will NEVER go back to this location. If this guy was the Asst Mgr he should not have been hiding out-he should have addressed the problem from the start & reolved it.

Long John Silversvery unhappy customer at this point

At the Drive-Thru I ordered a Super Sampler, asked that it not be cooked too crispy! At window food was ready as soon as I paid! I knew that wasn't right #1!!! As I drove off I reached in sack and yes...my Food was near cold! Fries do not get cold that fast for 1!!! Nor the rest!!! If I had not gotten so mad at that point I would have turned around and let them KNOWN about it! But I do not re-order food for the purpose of trust!! I feel that the food was pre-cooked for the end of the night ! It was NOT cooked specifically as I ordered...FOR SURE!!! Very Unhappy customer at this point!! Store # 31078 Longview, Tx. 9:23pm 10/30/12 Cashier: Scotty S. Ticket # 2302 $8.11 for food my Dogs got MOST of!!! :/

• Id
                    Idocare Nov 08, 2012

I think you're right. When I order food at 10:29 and the restaurant is closing at 10:30 I still feel my food should be as fresh as if I ordered when the restaurant first opened. You have a valid complaint and hope that you get your money back.But ALWAYS check for mucus !

Long John Silverspoor drive-thru time/poor food quality

Went to ljs on 11/02/2012, during lunch hour. (Time on ticket is 12:28 pm) overly-long wait in drive-thru. I have worked fast food during lunch... We would get yelled at if we let a customer sit in drive-thru that long. I could hear on the speaker the employee being rude to the people in the car ahead of me. They were happy to take my money at the window, took another 5 minutes to get my food after paying. Got home and my chicken plank-coating wasn't all cooked. Very unappetizing to have to scrape that off in order to eat the rest of it. It will be a long time before I visit that ljs again. I won't hold this against the other locations... Unless I need to.

Long John Silvers — short changed

after i sat at my table i was putting my money back in my purse and noticed she didn't give me enough...

Harriman

Long John Silverslack of service

On 7-25-12 at 1:41pm I walked into the Long John Silvers in Canonsburg. I was on my way back to my office after a meeting. I thought it would be nice to bring lunch back to my office. It took until 1:46 to be waited on. There was no cashier at the register, but you could hear people laughing in the back of the store. I placed my order with Danielle who then proceeded to yell into the back someone else had better come out and wait on customers because there were several in line behind me. I then had to sit down due to the extremely long wait time for my order. I waited over 20 minutes and no one still gave me my paid for order. Upon inquiring the young lady in the kitchen window she stated "my order has been sitting in the window for over 10 minutes and someone needs to give it to me because she could not because she was cooking. This young lady was not professional. After finding out that my order sat in an open box in their window with employees breathing into it I cx'd my order. It was at this time the manager finally came out. His name was Angelo. I had to ask him for a refund due to the in-actions of his staff. He refunded my order and I left. Keep in mind it is now after 2pm and I did not have a lunch after all of this. I will never nor do I suggest to anyone who lives in the Peters/Canonsburg area to eat at this business. The staff is very unhappy and does not want to even wait on their paying customers. Such a shame

Respond

Long John Silvers (Cheviot) — very dissappointed!

Used to go to Long John silvers all the time. Finally went back when I seen the commercial for the thick cut...

Long John Silvers — thick cod basket

The pieces of fish were very small. No cole slaw was included. We had to buy the cole slaw as an extra item...

Long John Silver'sblah fish

I just purchased three of their newer thicker fish dinners, two baskets and one platter. I had one of these about two weeks ago

And it was delicious so i was looking forward to it. As my daughter took a bite of fish she brought her plate back and said it had

No flavor. When i asked her about it she said that the fish had no flavor, good or bad. Sure enough, it tasted exactly like that,

Nothing, just blah in my mouth. She ate the fries and left the rest for the dog. What happened?! Did they change recipe? Did they

Forget some spices? This was at the long john silver's store in dickson city, pa. By the mall. Very, very unhappy. I'm trying

To get to get her to eat more fish but this was a real disappointment. . My older son had one piece of fish and just left the

Remaining food. I doubt my children will ask to go to ljs's again. Too bad because i've really enjoyed their food in the past.

3 Responses
                        • Re
                          Reviewer86703 Sep 19, 2015

I go to store make me wait outside very long I'm thinking maybe they forgot me totally I tell them 2 times before why don't you put condiments in order once again no condiments so I will not return dry food is not fun to eat

mary akers Apr 13, 2012

On Thurs.4/12/12 my mother and were at our restaurant in Bryan, TX. Store # 31294. We got there at 12:42, ordered and the ONLY table empty was DIRTY, for lack of better word. Drink was spilled on the floor in the isle, on table, under table. I had to go and get someone and tell them about the floor before someone slipped. The man did come clean up the floor. Never looked at the table OR the seat full of drink. I cleaned it up myself. It was not BUSY. There were people straggling in a few at a time. BUT NO MEANS A RUSH of crowd. Maybe now I know why. The floor was dirty ALL over the store, which I checked out after we sat down to finally eat. The attendants working were LOUD talking among themselves. Even my 82 yr. old mother, who is hard of hearing made a comment about how loud they were. Long John Silvers you get a BIG FAT "F" [email protected]

johnxzxz Jun 18, 2011

petronas oil company malasia

give me the contact details of this company

Long John Silversservice and business practice

Carry out order was incomplete and when I called to complain was told to come back and get the item. I told the person on the phone that it was a 25 mile round trip for me and that I would not be coming back to get it today. She said the next time I was in town to stop by and they would give me the piece of chicken that was short in the order. I told her that I did not get the senior discount and she told me I have to ask for it - they don't post a sign that one is offered and their employees do not ask of you are eligible for one so --- HOW IS THE CUSTOMER TO KNOW THAT ONE IS AVAILABLE!!! THIS RESTAURANT CHANGE NEEDS MAJOR MAJOR REVAMPING!!!

Long John Silverspoor quality of food

We happened to go to Long John Silvers, City square mall branch, Singapore on the 12th of Jan, 2012 and I have no qualms about saying that I was astounded by the poor quality of the food served to us. We had ordered "fresh grilled salmon" and "crispy fried shrimp". The salmon was by no means "fresh" and tasted bland. The "crispy" prawn were limp and looked as well as tasted like it was made yesterday! We would never again visit nor recommend it to anyone. Ever!

• Re
                              redress.me Jan 27, 2012

I have forwarded the story to Redress.me. Hope you will get the recourse you needed. Here it is:http://redress.me/view_post.php?pid=1873

Long John Silver'spass the sauce bar test ljs!

This week I had an opportunity to visit your loction on Walzem Road in San Antonio, TX. When I walked in I noticed something new. You have the Sauce Bar. It was great! I liked the new tartar sauce, its a great change from the usual stuff. When I was talking to one of your employees and how much I liked all the choices, she told me that it was only a test and that it would be taken out of the resturant! A test? Well I hope its one that has passed! The look is a much cleaner and a more sanitary option then what I usually see in LJS's. I hope you continue to offer the Sauce Bar and extend it to all locations.

I was a bit disapointed however in the over all condition of this store. It has not been re-modeled like the one that I normaly go to on West Ave @ Blanco Rd also in San Antonio. I think the Walzem store is in need of an update. I want to thank you for having such nice employees and good food. I have always loved Long John's Silver's and will continue to visit you.

I would really like it if the Sauce Bar continues to be a feature at all your stores.

Long John Silvers — poor service, rude employee

On Sunday 9/25/2011 at 1pm my husband and child bought our food and when I called them to find out how much...