Having problems with KitchenAid?

8800 200 2720 (Russia)
+1 800 541 6390 (Countertop Appliances, Kitchenware & Kitchen Tools)
+1 800 422 1230 (Major Appliances and Microwaves)
+61 249 026 500 (Australia)
+32 51 280 906 (Belgium)
+45 43 420 010 (Denmark)
+353 18 474 313 (Ireland)
+852 29 262 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 26 348 587 (Philippines)
+65 65 428 383 (Singapore)
+27 215 550 700 (South Africa)
+82 24 308 852 (South Korea)
+66 225 355 124 (Thailand)
+54 114 932 6154 (Argentina)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

warranty

3 weeks ago my partner put a Kitchenaid pot on an element, with 3.5" of water in it, to boil. After 5...

cheaply made appliances

I have an over the range microwave. It is also the vent for my range top. The stainless steel vent cover that runs the entire lenght of the top of the unit has fallen off. The vent cover served to direct the air flow from the vent in an upward motion. Not to mention covers the huge hole over the top of the microwave unit! It has always been loose on one corner. I have had it 3 years and never really investigated why it was wobbly. Occasionally I would wipe it clean and this was the only time it was touched. Over time it became more and more loose until it started rubbing the microwave door when it opened and closed. Then shortly after the entire cover just fell off. Now I have a huge hole over my microwave that blows the vented air from my range directly onto the top of my head. What is worse is when I looked at why. My expensive brand Kitchenaid stainless steel unit is nothing more than plastic! The three structures that was holding that piece in place were noting more than thin plastic holes with metal screws pushed through. The plastic was broke into pieces. I am very disturbed! I felt I was purchasing a quality high end appliance to find it is cheap plastic. I suppose I paid extra for the brand name? Now my warranty company says it is not covered because it is only cosmetic! I guess it's okay to have a bacon smelling wind blown hair-do look every morning after I cook breakfast? I am very upset but so far no one cares and no one will do anything about it. Bad appliance. Shoddy workmanship Kitchenaid! Sorry warranty company. But who cares, right?

• Ro
    Robert Wiesmann Aug 15, 2008

Craftsmanship is a huge issue for Kitchen Aid. What is worst is they continue to pump out the advertising that you are buying a superior product, when in truth, you are purchasing bottom feeder workmanship and technology. My Microwave is five years old, and the mother board needs to be replaced. The appliance was a glorified popcorn maker... and with little use the board still failed. This comes on the heals of fan problems and other minor issues covered by warranty. When I called Kitchen Aid and asked about the life expectancy of the appliance I was told it should last seventeen years. Kitchen Aid is now telling me the life expectancy for microwaves in the industry is seven years. I asked if its okay that this product failed to meet the industry standard and they agreed "yes, because it has lasted more then half the time of the industry standard". I can't believe I have over $900 sunk into this piece of garbage and Kitchen Aid is satisfied with the product lasting three and a half years. If you buy Kithchen Aid (Whirl Pool) You are a being gulliable, and abused. This is a company that does not care about consumer value and is focused on false advertising, overstating their products capability and expectancy, and overcharging. Buy a no name cheaper product rather than Kitchen Aid... its the same value for less money. I'm going to take kitchen Aid to small claims court with my issue. I encourage all others who have similar problems to do the same.

• Lc
    lcwarren Mar 06, 2009

I have also had nothing but trouble with my Kitchen Aid coffee maker which stopped working after brewing less than 70 pots of coffee. You think you are buying a solid name brand...but they are cheaply made appliances. When contacting the Customer Service Center (both by phone and by written letter) I was told there was nothing they could do as my machine had just come out of warranty. Kitchen Aid is not willing to stand by their product. Don't waste your money on a Kitchen Aid appliance, I know I will never give them another penny.

• Li
    Lili M. Jul 31, 2010

I have had the same thing happen to mine. I had to use duct tape to keep it from falling competely off. So much for spending more on Kitchenaid than other brands.

• Li
    Lili M. Jul 31, 2010

I will never buy Kitchenaid again. Specially after the diswasher door cord has broken for the second time in 4 years and Kitchenaid refuses to repair it. I think there is a manufacturers defect in design where the door rubs on the cord and wares it out. Bad customer service.

charges

Repair man was on time. He took approximately 1.5 hours to locate a "loose connection" to the compressor of the ice maker and once he tightened the wires, the ice maker worked fine. I was told that a service call would be $65 and the fix required NO PARTS at all. The unit is under 5 years old. I was expecting a bill for a little over $100, but they hit me with $221. I called both Kitchenaid and A&E and got the total run around. No one there could do more than read from a script regarding pricing. The offered to give me the ADDRESS for Sears if I wanted to send a complaint there. I will NEVER buy a Sears product again due to this TERRIBLE CUSTERMER SERVICE experience. I made at least five calls and all were a waste of time.

appliances

We bought the Kitchenaid 'Architect series' of appliances just a couple years ago: new...

don't buy kitchenaid

We purchased a Kithenaid washer and dryer 6 years ago, thinking we were buying quality products. We are a 2...

Saint Joseph Appliances

repair or replacement!

I really wish I would have seen this site years ago. My husband & I purchased our appliances April 2007 from...

dishwasher

We've had this dishwasher and have been using it since summer of '03. It is a stainless inside and...

unavailability to receive parts to repair my kitchen aid built in ovens

On 3/24/08 a service repair person determined that the Kitchen Aid wall ovens were in need of parts including a control panel to make the ovens operational. He entered the information into his computer with the serial numbers for each part. He told me that it would take 7-=10 days for the part to be delivered to my home and he proceeded to make an appointment to return on 4/4/08. I received a call from A&E asking if I had received the part yet and I responded no so that person said that she had to cancel the appointment and then she told me that the part was on back order and would not be shipped before 4/25/08. This is totally unacceptable as I do not have a working oven which I need especially that the holiday of Passover begins on April 1 9th and I must cook for my family and guests. This is a most important religious holiday for a Jewish family. n

I have spoken to A&E, Kitchen Aid and the warranty company and they all tell me the same story which again is unacceptable. In an era of computers and immediate communication why did A&E wait nine days to inform me that the order is back ordered? Kitchen Aid tells me that the part is being manufactured and that they wait until they have sufficient amount of a particular part and then they will fill an order. They also tell me that if my ovens were under warrantee, not under an extended service contract that I would be able to receive the part sooner. What kind of a business is everyone running. What it a consumer to do and what recourse can be taken. I refuse the just take the answers that have been given to me and I hope that I receive a response from you by return e-mail or in writing. The parts that need to be delivered are as follows:
Thrmst-fix [protected] 1
Fuse thrml [protected] 2
Trim-oven [protected] 1
Sub Panl-cont [protected] 1

Please look into this matter and inform me that you will be able to expedite this matter.

Sincerely,
Irwin M. Bressler

poor quality product!

I have lived with three Kitchen Aid appliances for the last three years and I am truly disappointed. The dryer began making a loud clunking sound a year in service and it took the repair man five visits to fix. It still makes noise but it is out of warranty and I will replace it soon with something made offshore. Same goes with the washing machine which sounds like the belt or bearings are failing and the refrigerator which makes more noise than my Bosch dishwasher. What a mistake. I have family with LG appliances and they are dependable and super quiet. So be it. Quality is off shore.

4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows

I requested a service call on my refrigerator set up for 10/13/07 1-5pm-tech showed up at 8:00pm. He charged...

poor service

I called the above warranty company for service on a three year old Kitchen aid Dishwasher that was leaking onto my wood floor. The service man came out the first time and said I needed a new gasket. He came back with the gasket and installed it. He said I needed to keep a dishtowel shimmeyed in the door to keep it from popping open till the gasket adjusted to the the door. The door kept opening and the cycle not complete. I called him back. He said. He really did not know how to fix this and it was an ongoing problem with the KitchenAid dishwasher. Said I shaould keep a towel on the floor by the leak and a small bowl till he could figure something out. He was not too reassuring. I have not heard from him since he was here. The warranty company would not allow me to use any other service company. I called the store where I purchased the dishwasher. I was told this was unheard of. They suggested I call the service company Premier that specializes in Kitchen Aid. This will be my expense unless I can get Maytag to bend. This warranty company is neither dependable. My warranty is usless. Pplease assist any way possible.

multiple breakdowns heating element, fuses, soap do wont open the list goes on & on

Purchased the dishwasher in 2017. we were shopping of a bosch, the sales person told us a kitchenaid was much better HUH! Since then we have atleast 2-3 service calls a year. the heating element has gone out, it blows fuses, the hinges have gone bad on the door making it way "a million pounds" now the soap door does not open. the water. its been one problem after another. you would think after spending 900.00 on a dishwasher I would not be having all of these issues. MAYBE i SHOULD HAVE JUST WENT WITH A 300.00 GE!!

Saumita Feb 29, 2008

This has been an on-going issue for the last 8-10months where I have been calling my service protection company who calls A&E to service our broken dishwasher. Each time a rep comes to service this dishwasher they suggest a new thing. They say to me that nothing is wrong with the dishwasher, but how I load the dishes is the problem. I am told, the detergent I use is not the right one. How I load dishes is wrong or I do not use the correct cycle. I need to wipe the inside of the dishwasher or use rinseaid. I need to add frozen lemonade to clean the in side of the dishwasher. I have followed all their directions and yet the dishes keep getting worse and worse. IN fact the last 2 rounds pretty much the entire load was dirty. The dishes have stains that weren't even on them when I loaded them. Go figure... I have spent countless hours now waiting, scheduling and re-washing dishes. Not sure where to turn...

• De
    dennisal Dec 07, 2013

i bought kitchen aid dishwasher 1-1/2 years ago. i have had 4 breakdown. 2 motor, 2 circuit board. not to mention 4000 dollar in floor repair due to failed discharge hose. stay away form kitchen aid. interior is poor design. the vent is next to circuit board with no protection ie. seal

cooktop exploded!

KitchenAid - www.kitchenaid.com

April 2007 the glass on our Kitchenaid gas cooktop exploded with glass everywhere. Our kitchen is 30' long and 20' wide and glass covered it. We contacted Kitchenaid and their response was we somehow damaged it. We bit and ordered a new glass top.

September 2007 the glass top exploded again. The stove had been turned off for maybe 5 minutes. Kitchenaid had the same response. I think they have a problem but if they ignore it, maybe it will go away. My wife just became furious with the idea it was our problem. I guess it is since they will do nothing.

The only good thing is our 3 year old grand daughter was not in the kitchen at the time it exploded as she is just the right height for the glass to hit her in the face.

We have since purchased a Viking 6 burner stove top with a stainless steel top. This is the only one that would fit the granite opening.

• Ph
    Philip007 Jan 03, 2013

Try gas cooktop as its much more economical then electric ones
    www.gascooktop2.blogspot.co.uk/

• Bo
    Bob Dean Jun 07, 2016

Ours blew up last week. The repairman was here to fix a burner that wasn't working.
    He got it working. I came over to the stove to write him a check. He gave one last go-around turning each burner on and off to test it. When he got to the right rear, BLAM! Cooktop pieces everywhere! Phoro attached shows what we have now.
    How about a class action lawsuit against these S.O.B.s.

• Be
    Belynda Tharpe Mar 11, 2017

Our glass top gas stove (kitchen aid) blew up this past Thursday. I had been using the front burner for a couple of hours and the rear burner (not in use) started clicking trying to ignite. When I turned on it worked fine for a while. Turned level from low to medium and took one step and it exploded! Glass flew 25 feet in all directions including my n my hair. Thankful I was not injured and was home. Their safety department sent a repairman. Are you kidding me????

• To
    Todd N Jill Schrock Apr 24, 2017

Our Kitchen aid gas cook top exploded this morning. It is gas, model # KGCC506RBL01. We have had this cook top for 10 years with no problems, then all of a sudden when I turned the knob to light the front right eye, BOOM! The iron grates lifted, all the black glass shattered and small pieces flew around the island and on the floor. I did not smell propane gas before ! I did smell an electrical odor.
    I called Kitchen aid and they want to send a repair specialist out to see if it can be repaired. Are you kidding, after this horrifying experience I do not want to repair it. I do not even think it is possible as it is 10 years old!

poor quality product!

We purchased a kitchen aid stand mixer in the US and brought it to canada. Within the first two months we had...

kitchenaid & whirlpool warranty - scam!

I bought the KitchenAid Washer Model # KAWS700LQ0 on Sept 16, 2003. At the time I bought it, it was there best warranty washer and cost me about $800.

The washer breaks down August 7th, 2007. I call there warranty / service department. I wait on hold for over 1 hour. They tell me it will take over 15 Days before there service man will be out to my house and that if the part is not under warranty that a $77 charge for just the service man to show up at my door. Also that I can not have anyone else look at the machine otherwise I will void the warranty.

Is this nuts? I will never buy a KitchenAid or Whirlpool again. KitchenAid & Whirlpool Warranty scam!

cracked crock (inner pot)

This was purchased as a Christmas present 2006 and the inner pot or crock cracked in February - about 6 week...

return policy - no good

I was given a Kitchen Aid slow cooker for Christmas. Sometime after the third time I used it, I noticed debris inside the cooker when I removed the liner. Examination revealed tiny cracks in the ceramic liner. The next few times I used the cooker, the number and size of the cracks increased. Kitchen Aid agreed to replace this with their "Hassle-Free" return policy - However, they continue to tell me that their supply of this cooker is low, even though it is available on their website for purchase. I have been waiting since February for this return to happen. They just keep saying there are supply problems as they get replacement cookers from a different area than the new ones (I find this hard to believe). They have now given me a new date of May 14th. Is anyone else having this same type of problem?

poor craftsmanship

Kitchenaid dishwasher model kds01dlb71, the control panel is made of plastic. A indention is around the cycle panel and hard to keep dirt from getting under the panel.

• Ed
    Edward Jones May 29, 2007

KitchenAid service sucks! The spring in my dishwasher door went, so I booked a service call. The guy came and fixed the door, but anciently punctured a hole in the hose, so it leaked watter. No dishwasher. Said he'd order a part and call. He never called. I called and booked another appointment, arranged for someone to spend the entire day waiting. Serviceman never showed and when I called the service dispatch, I was lied to and told that they have no way of contacting their service people on the road, so I couldn't find out if he was going to come or what happened. I pointed out that this is the 21 century and that no service person hits the road without a cellular telephone. I asked the operator to stop lying to me, she continued. I asked to speak to her supervisor, she refused. I asked to file a complaint and she said I'd have to call back to speak with one of her peers in the same office. I did , and it was a waist of time, that person lied too and also said that their service people do not carry cellular telephones or pagers on the road. The service guy never showed that day and the complaint fell on deaf ears. I booked another appointment because I had no one else to turn to. The service guy showed up that third day, but he brought the wrong part and couldn't fix it, so he said he'd come buy the next day. He didn't and didn't call. So I have now booked the fifth day to repair my kitchen aid product. I have had my time wasted, I have been lied too, I've been ignored by management and the company quite clearly just does not give a hoot about a customer once they've got their money for their product. I encourage all people to avoid Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool products because the service sucks.

Cheers,
    Edward Jones.

• Ev
    Evelyn Neal Sep 13, 2007

I have been trying for 2 months to get my dishwasher fixed! First guy to come out (who was very rude and kind of creepy) ordered a part....2 weeks later 2nd service person comes out - wrong part was ordered, need to reorder. 1 week later 2nd service person comes but needs yet another part...Called KitchenAid and was told to call different service company,which I did, and told to get part number needed from new company and call them to expedite. Imagine my joy when the new service person comes in....I still don't have right part but he will order. i tell him I will call KitchenAid and they will send out next day...he insists it will be faster if he orders but reluctantly gives me a part number. KitchenAid was true to their word and received part next day. Called Coastline Repair and set up appointment. Guy shows up ....right part number but need 1 more part! AAAAGHHHHHH! Called them following week...part on back order. 3 weeks later and still waiting. By the way, I have received 4 parts to fix this darn thing but it seems none of them are THE part............I figure if I wait a little longer I'll have enough parts to build a new dishwasher!

• Da
    Danielle Buckon Sep 19, 2007

KitchenAid assigned a service provider called Speedy Appliance Service ...not so speedy. They have been to my house three times, have yet to determine what is wrong with my oven and have block four hour time slots (for which I take a day off work to be at the house) and arrive no less that 2 hours late. I have been without an oven since June (purchased in February) and the company has done nothing though I have made numerous calls. Don't buy their stuff - they do not stand behind their products!

• Si
    siamak Apr 27, 2008

I have a 2 year old KitchenAid refrigrator that its freezer door does not seal. When I contacted them they would not fix it and wanted to charge me for it because it was past gaurantee period. I guess they forget to mention that their inferior refrigrator is good for 2 years only! What a garbage company.

• He
    Henry Bykerk Aug 05, 2008

Purchased micowave 3 yrs ago (Model YKHMS155LSS0) for about $1000. What a piece of crap. Already had to replace shrould twice (at a cost of $200 each). Now the door handle fell off. I purchased the "Stainless Steel" model. They wanted $65 for the door handle. It was made out of plastic and looks like some piece of garbage made in China for about 25 cents.

Trying to install this handle is another challenge. Installation has stumped the local appliance repair man, as well as my most mechanically inclined friends. Tried to contact Kitchenaid by both email (no response) and by phone. (good luck with this endeavour. You get put on hold for at least 30 minutes, and then when you fianlly get a hold of some one, theyrefer you to some one else and the process repeats itself.

What a disappointment and mistake dealing with this company. Would never buy any appliances from them again.

• Ih
    I hate Kitchen Aid Nov 23, 2010

Kitchen Aid sucks big time. I have an expensive piece of junk Superba dishwasher that worked for a couple of years and then then the control panel broke, had it fixed and it broke again. The door hinges broke, the soap doesn't open, etc. etc. The control buttons underneath the touchpad are made out of the cheapest possible plastic and are designed to break (as I was informed by the first repairman) so that you will have to keep buying the very expensive parts, $400. plus labor. NO THANK YOU.
    I will never again buy Kitchen Aid, the company does not stand behind it's products. From this point on my mission is to spread the word:
    DO NOT BUY KITCHEN AID, unless of course you want to throw out good money and have lots of headache repairs.
    Please join my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-strongly-dislike-my-Kitchen-Aid-appliance/114124661987415

• Al
    aloaner2 Dec 29, 2011

Kitchenaid DISHWASHER has "controls" which can't be changed. The "on line" Kitchenaid "help" seems to have NO clue.

dented door replacement

The long sad tale of Donna's dented freezer door:

If my novel, doesn't sell on Ebay, perhaps I could sell refrigerator doors?
Of course I'd have to put them in the 'stranger than fiction' category.

Three times (since march) the stalwart factory service representatives have ordered me (on warranty) a replacement for the freezer side door of my new fridge which arrived dented. Three times a refrigerator side door has been shipped and delivered to my deck.

Two of the three are still on the deck. The factory service van isn't big enough to cart them away while still boxed up, i'm told.

The fourth time we placed the order, we got agreement from the warehouse, that some real live person would look in the box before it was shipped and be sure it was not another refrigerator side door. All the parts databases involved agree on the part number for this item. Well, all except that belonging to whoever is building the thing. Today's status would confirm that the one small process improvement worked. Yes, another wrong door was built and packaged, but it didn't get shipped.

Instead there is a request for a conference call on Saturday, on site here, beside my new side-by-side with the factory service rep, the local office, and the warehouse person who looked in the latest box. 'There seems to be some confusion about the part number.'

Is the quote in the trouble ticketing system. Eureka! (well, it's a Kitchenaid, but...)

I've requested they send the service rep with a large enough vehicle to cart away at least one more of the wrong doors. If not, we'll try Ebay.

Donna.

[Resolved] us refrigerators sucks

Well, so much for a name brand appliance — the compressor in the Kitchen Aid refrigerator failed after le...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices