JCPenneyprice scanners different on same product, long lines,

R

My wife and I were going to purchase many clothing items today 12-12-16 at JC Penney in San Jose, CA since she purchased a ring there several weeks ago. I found a pair of levi cargo camouflage 441 pants that I wanted a price check on. One of the clerks scanned it and said it was not on sale but for $69.00. I told her I'll pass. We continued shopping and then we stood in a long 15 minute line waiting to purchase our other clothing since there was a closed service counter in the men's dept. While standing in the line, I noticed other of the same levi pants hanging on a rack that had a sale sign for $39.00. I asked the cashier if she could do a price check on the same pants I had earlier done to confirm the price. She scanned it and it came to $39.00 from the $69 reg. price. In addition, the cashier never greeted us but asked us whether we had an awards card. She took the items and observed there were no price tag on the items. Then she said that she would have to find the other items that were similar and scan them to get a pricing. I then asked for the manager because I was steamed about this time! Maria came by and stood dumbfounded that I would actually make a complaint about the long lines, the different prices on the scanners, having the closed service counter while people are standing in a long line, and having people return clothes in the same line with people purchasing clothing. All she said was they never had return only lines and the other counter will open right before Christmas. No apologies, nothing!!! This was the worst customer service I have a experienced in a long time and it amazes me that this store can stay in business. LOUSY, LOUSY, LOUSY!!!