Having problems with Jackson Hewitt?

Jackson Hewitt reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 22, 2008. The latest review Tax Preparation was posted on Mar 26, 2021. The latest complaint didn't get my tax I did in february was resolved on Apr 19, 2018. Jackson Hewitt has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 171 reviews. Jackson Hewitt has resolved 28 complaints.

Jackson Hewitt Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed

Jackson Hewitt Complaints & Reviews

Jackson HewittTax Preparation

I was misled and very disappointed in Jackson Hewitt's personnel and tax preparation in Conway, Arkansas. I called the Jaskson Hewitt office and was given an appointment to meet with someone named Bud on March 3, 2021 at 1 p.m. at the WalMart Store on Hwy 65 in Conway. Upon arriving at my appointment, Bud was not there and a person named Phillip took my information. Phillip was nice but not professional or knowledgeable. I filled out the Jackson Hewitt's personal information form, gave Phillip my tax information, and was told that a lady named Rey (?) would be doing my taxes and she would get back with me. I asked Phillip the dollar charge for the service. He said it would be a "little over a hundred dollars", his exact words. I have never met Rey. Notice, I have never met Bud or Rey personally and was only given the short version of their names.

I told Philip I had a medical emergency in Fort Smith, Arkansas but would contact their office when I returned on March 12th or there after. I called Jackson Hewitt's on March 15th and was connected to Jackson Hewitt's answering service. A person named Keisha (unprofessional) directed me to Patty, the fourth name with Jackson Hewitt. I made an appointment to meet with Patty at the Walmart Store on Hwy. at 1p.m. I met with Patty but she also was not knowledgeable of tax filing and had problems logging into her computer plus explaining the computations once she logged in. I asked Patty if I could meet with someone else to get a clear understanding of the figures on my tax return filing. She called the office and wrote on my folder that I would meet with Mr. Bud of Ms. Tina on March 22, 2021 at 1 p.m..

Since I had problems with getting correct information, I called the Jackson Hewitt office at 11 a.m. on March 22nd to confirm my appointment with the representative. Debra, a Jackson Hewitt Representative at the Oak Street facility answered the telephone and told me Tina would not be in until 2 p.m.. I told her my appointment was at 1 p.m. and I called early because of the misinformation I had been receiving. Debra apologized and told me to come in at 2 p.m. to the office on Oak Street.

I met with Tina and voiced my concerns. She located my information on the computer and explained to me the tax preparation. She then told me the total price for filing a short tax return and a state tax return. I had told Philip that I only needed the Federal Tax returned filed. The reason was: I did not receive my last two stimulus checks. This was my main purpose of going to Jackson Hewitt. For the last two years I went to the United Way for my taxes and in 2020 they did not put all information on my tax return related to interest received. So the 2020 return was done over.

Tina quoted the Jackson Hewitt price for filing the Federal and State Taxes for me. It was a shock because these prices had not been quoted by a Jackson Hewitt representative before. I am a widow and the price was shocking. I chose at this point, per Tina's instructions, to only have the federal tax filed and not the state tax. Tina never informed me that I could refuse the federal tax filing Tina gave me a senior discount but the final price was $246.00 for filing the short form of the federal tax.

I have given a lot of information because of my experience with the Conway Jackson Hewitt offices. I tried to get answers from the corporate office and the Little Rock, Arkansas office to no avail. I called the corporate office in Sarasota, Florida, spoke to Melinda, and was directed to call William in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was told by Melinda that William was the manager for the Arkansas area. I called [protected] and was told William was not the area manager. I spoke to Gina and she informed me that she was the manager at the Little Rock location. However, the main office is in Hot Springs, Arkansas and the person I need to contact was Mary Harris.

I have experienced the deaths of loved ones since 2017 and the constant misinformation and unprofessionalism from the Jackson Hewitt office is overwhelming. I am familiar with income tax filing but have never experienced the type of service I have received from Jackson Hewitt in filing only one tax return. The price was unbelievable and it seemed hidden until the final filing. The personnel is kind but not knowledgeable in tax filing. I have reached out again to Tina on March 23rd before I called your corporate office, but she has not returned my call.

The result I would like is some deduction in my payment because I was never told by three people I personally talked to in Conway, Arkansas the correct price of filing. I was also not given an opportunity to refuse to have my tax filed. I felt obligated to pay.

Jackson HewittMy serve card

My serve card has been locked since I received it!!
    Went down to the office they said it was fixed and when I got home it was still locked! I continued to call and for over four hours I got nowhere constant hang ups or no answer at all. One time they asked me for a credit card to unlock my serve card! They had sent me 5 serve cards and out of the five they chose to use the only one that is LOCKED! My stimulus was supposed to be on it at mid nite! Now what?

Jackson HewittCustomer service

The worst customer service my family have ever experienced in all our years of doing taxes. The tax preparer named Harold Cooubs at the Walmart at 4700 S. Flamingo Rd. Cooper City, FL 33330. He was rude, disrespectful and dismissive to the concerns my 72 year old Father had about his taxes. Apparently my dad had 2 tax return receipts with 2 different tax return amounts on them. My dad simply wanted to know what happened. It is almost 2 months and he have never recieved his tax return. Yes, Harold was not the one who did my father's taxes and we understood that but as a so called professional, he could have helped us. My dad went to see him in 2 separate occasions where my dad was yelled at and turned away. Then as his daughter, I went to step in to intervene. I was yelled at and he tried to dismiss our concerns by telling us to find out for ourselves because he had a customer. But I persistent and after 2 hours, we finally got the answers we were seeking. The whole experience was unpleasant and Harold shouldn't be allowed to work with people period, especially the elderly!!

Jackson HewittTax Preparation

For many years, I have filled my own taxes using one of your competitor's online services, but as life events and financial circumstances changed, I turned to "tax pro's" to ensure the accuracy of my return and the peace of mind and security that comes with having a tax expert complete my return, in the event the IRS decides to audit me. I was extremely satisfied with the service provided from Jackson Hewitt with filing my 2017 and my 2018 return, however, that all changed when filling my 2019 return and again with filing my 2020 return. My wife and I still have not received our refund from our 2019 return because it was returned to us because the Jackson Hewitt filer failed to sign the return, (we could not file electronically because me and my new wife did not have a joint bank account at that time). Having lost confidence in the competence of the staff at the Suffolk Virginia office, we went to the Portsmouth Virginia office to file our 2020 return. To our dismay we found that ineptitude and incompetence are not exclusive to Jackson Hewitt's Suffolk office.
        As stated, we have not received our 2019 refund due to the incompetence of one of your preparers and now we are being told that our 2020 refund will also be delayed because our dependent daughters return was filed electronically prior to ours being filed electronically, therefore we can not file ours electronically. This came with the inconvenience of having to drive all the way back to Portsmouth, pick up our return then filling it ourselves through the US mail.
        Your tax preparer lost our social security card and other documents, only later to find them on the floor by her chair. Your tax preparer failed to input our college payments to two college's and only input them when her co-worker prompted her to do so. Then, she was unable to recall her own password and had to write out her own social security number in order to recall it. This level of ineptitude does not instill confidence in Jackson Hewitt's ability to file my return correctly much less maximizing any return I may qualify for.
        The service I received was hardly worth the $425.00 that Jackson Hewitt charges. I did not pay $425.00 for someone to punch in some basic numbers, I paid the $425.00 for the expertise and professionalism that you advertise that your employees possess.

William (Fred) Potter
        176 River Point Drive
        Suffolk, Virginia 23434
        [protected]

Jackson Hewitt2018 tax preparation

Tax prep was done incorrectly leafing to a letter from the IRS stating I owed 203, 000 dollars inn unpaid taxes. Was finally corrected by a different tax preparer whom I had to pay for this service. I simply want my refund from Jackson Newly for the fee's I paid for their error. Please respond asap or I will refer this matter to my state DPR

Gary Perez. [protected]@gmail.com or 941_704_0825

Jackson HewittNever got my return that I filed in Feb 2020

Hi
            I filed my taxes for 2019 in Feb of 2020 and they gave me an American Express serve card that 2844 should have went on and now it's been a year. I contacted them and the office I filed at was closed so I finally got someone on the phone and they told me to contact IRS. So I sent a certified letter to the dispute department at the IRS office and they wrote me back stating that there is no dispute and I should have gotten my money by now. I have emailed Jacksonhewitt and I am awaiting response. My name was Aldona Carmichael before I went back to my madian name but that shouldn't matter because I will be filing this year with my madian name. I have seen stories online with them taking money so I need this investigated also my best contact is [protected]@gmail.com . Please help me recover these funds before I file for new year thank you.

Feb 19, 2021

Jackson Hewitt — Outrageous fees

$664 DOLLARS TO FILE TAXES*I think its important I share my experience*. Before I begin I want to advise...

Jackson Hewittthe tampa office in hillsborogh county actual threw ought my return and never mailed it

the dis repecting person at jackson hewitt office in north tampa hillsborogh ave threw my return out never mailed it in i am waithin 8 months for all my return money I had to dig up partial paper work for the supervisor to try and send in over 1500 just florida federl money 300 south carolina an175 from ga . I don't appreciate black woman with her angry racisms because I was the only white male in the office, Now i Am out my 2019 refund
              I am Lawrence A Curcio I am upset and very pissed off . Maybe 60 minutes in nyc might want to do a story on white lifes matter.
              Kindly look into this case

Jackson HewittTaxes

My tax preparer was working on mine and somebody else's taxes at same time so I can understand how he messed mine up to start. I have two self employed incomes grocery delivery and food delivery only gave me a deduction for 5000 miles and 100 dollar cell phone bill however when I called to have my taxes stopped because I noticed I did not get the 4700 credit for my grocery business that I am entitled too they proceeded to tell me there is no standard mileage deduction which there is because I got it from turbo tax even have a screenshot of it and my taxes are correct but I have no schedule c loss and profit for 1 of my 1099 nec business Alton Illinois Jackson Hewitt on center drive Nicole is the lady and I believe and there was a man their that did my taxes can't remember his name but they are both unprofessional and not at all knowledgeable

Taxes

Jackson HewittEmployee harassment

I have been unjustly demoted from office manager for possibly exposing a tax fraud case — I reported the case to my uplink and within 17 hours I received a phone call about the demotion while the manager and employee are still in the office together — I feel that this may lead to further harrassment and may cause my job to be at stake

Employee harassment

Jackson HewittTax preparation

I can share all the details but the bottom line is I'm already getting audited by the IRS from the taxes jackson hewitt did last year. YES, I went to them again this year and they are unable to find someone in their local organization that understands gambling winnings and losses and are saying I owe when in fact I should get money back. When I asked them to go through it with me, and show me the IRS guidelines about the areas we disagree, they simply said, they will not do my taxes. They said the lady doing them now is there expert, and if she can't do them, they don't know what to tell me. WHAT? Get someone else. This can't be the absolute expert in Jackson Hewitt. I don't care if they are local or we talk online. You cannot tell me they do not have any qualified persons to do my taxes.

Jackson HewittSecond Stimulus Check

I am curious as to why Tax Companies such as Turbo Tax and, H&R Block are working diligently with the IRS to correct banking information due, to third party companies receiving the Stimulus Check. Yet, your company is wanting millions of individuals to file their taxes early, when in the reality this is prolonging the process and, crippling those who are already struggling. This is pure laziness as in your statement, this will take to long, well instead of sitting around and, hurting those be proactive as I am sure all of those working for this company have not gone without.

Apr 05, 2020

Jackson Hewitt — tax prep 2018

In 2018, the branch on mill street, in leitchfield, ky. Completely botched our taxes, my wife had to borrow...

Mar 25, 2020

Jackson Hewitt — unethical behaviour

On [protected], I called J-H ofc and asked if there were any changes in appts. because of the virus. The...

Jackson HewittMy taxes got rejected

I filed my taxes 1/29/20 I was asked if I has received anything in the mail regarding my daughters insurance from health care online I had bought it for 2 months I had told the lady No I never got anything about it. she didn't offer to help me get this paper just went ahead and filed my taxes and I get charged 500 + dollars. just for me to get a letter from the IRS saying that I wont get my taxes approved until I have that 1095 filled out. so I printed it off IRS website I don't understand why this wasn't done or at least tell me to do this and I would have returned the next day with my proper paperwork. so its been since January. I have a problem paying this company $500 for something I could have done for free . I could mess them up myself for nothing. That's why I come to a well known company like this is because I would hope they know what they are doing. So i still don't have my taxes back I'm furious that a $500 fee will be taken out of my return and for what? making a mess of my taxes ?? !!!

Feb 22, 2020

Jackson Hewitt — tax refund anticipation loans

i was approved for a refund anticipation loan then some.mysterious guy from jackson hewit called the bank and...

Feb 20, 2020

Jackson Hewitt — outrageous fees charged and no offer of $200, for switching service

I am disgusted with jackson hewitt and will never again use them! I have alwaysndonenky own taxes and decided...

Feb 15, 2020

Jackson Hewitt — lied to by employee taxes not done correctly

So on January 29 2020 I went into to Walmart and saw Jackson Hewitt set up, at the time they were not busy so...

Jackson Hewittcustomer service

First of all I was ten minutes early for my appointment, and the actual workers at Jackson Hewitt showed up to the office 10 minutes after they were supposed to open, secondly my appointment was scheduled for 11 am and nobody cares to start helping me until 12:15 pm. Thirdly I was late for work due the Jackson Hewitt employee not knowing how to complete his job and having to keep leaving and asking for help. I really hope there are not any errors on my tax return and two I hope Jackson Hewitt choose better employee s going forward because there is nothing professional about showing up to work late and leaving your customers waiting in a lobby for an hour when they have a whole appointment scheduled. I hope y'all do something to this ghetto [censored] office filled with employees who are stupid and slow.

Jackson Hewittearly refund loan

My complaint is concerning the early refund american express is temporely down and I was informed that they are not sure if it will take a few days. Well some of us that have limited income really count on using this service to help those who are unable to save up enough to buy christmas gifts . Of course im angry, disappointed .Ive run into so many issues more then I care to say and I still remained a loyal custmer but this takes the cake it sucks so close to christmas.