Having problems with TurboTax?

TurboTax Customer Service Contacts

PO Box 7850
Mountain View, California
United States - 94039-7850

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TurboTax Customer Service. Initial TurboTax complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TurboTax above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TurboTax. Discuss the issues you have had with TurboTax and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

TurboTaxTurboTax

I Keep getting "error 700001" I even returned one copy to Costco, and now the 2nd copy I just received has the same thing. You have incompetent computer programmers and a lacadasical and lazy customer service. Actually they have NO customer service at all! Warning! Everybody stop buying Intuit products now! There is no contact information there are no contact emails or chat lines and for those of us who WORK for a living, this is impossible. Intuit is corrupt, and should be treated and investigated as such. I believe we are all being ripped off by this company. Error 700001 - what is going on ?

Turbo TaxStimulus Payments

I have prepared my return via TurboTax for years but no more. They have done nothing to get our stimulus payments resolved. Now other taxpayers along with myself will have to receive our funds via our tax return.

I will never conduct any more business with Turbo Tax and has informed all of my friends and family to go to HR Block where I will be going this year.

I would like to know how Turbo Tax plans to fix this issue. Because if it is not corrected. I will make it my mission to tell everyone to not patron this company; because they do not care about their customers.

TurboTaxMissing Stimulus Payment

Hello, I have been a Valued customer for 7 years. I have used Turbo Taxx to help get me my tax refunds and tax help all of those years with no issues. Unfortunately, this I was laid-off in April and its been very hard with the Pandemic and everything else as I know you are aware. On Jan 4, 2021 I was anxiously and desperately waiting on my EIP from the IRS that was showing on my transcripts and issued to my CHASE account, which you do have on file for me as of today. My last stimulus came without any problems with the same date on my transcript. My bank can confirm which was available right away. It was to my dismay that I found out from and email from Greg Johnson last night at 8:52 pm that my payment is somewhere due to an Error with Turbo Tax and the IRS. I and thousands of other of your customers have been fighting and waiting tirelessly. For our payment. Please like other Tax services, ie. H&R Block fix this issue asap. We have been loyal to you, now be loyal to your long time Customers.

TurboTax2019 tax return missing money

I filed my 2019 taxes on February 8, 2020 and to date have never received my refund of 3045.00. I paid for the full package, all the extras and they say they cant help me. The IRS said they paid the money and to check with the preparer, which was me and Turbo Tax software. I agreed to pay the fees out of my federal refund, but they took the fees in July out of my checking account. My refund was sent to their clearing house, Santa Barbara bank in California. When I tried their website, they said I was entering an invalid SSN. I am 59 years old, I know my own SSN. I need my refund and have been chasing my tail.

TurboTaxIntuit prepaid debit card

Good day all. I am writing because I have a serve issue with my card and I cannot get anybody to assist me with it. On Wednesday 12/30/20 I called the customer service number on 3 different times and was put on hold for over 30 then hung up on. My issue is that I have 2 payments from the unemployment office that were released but never posted. I called the unemployment office to confirm one payment was released for $262.50 on 12/21/20 and for $87.50 on 12/28/20 and nobody seems to know where it is. I am a struggling person and cannot afford this. I need some help.

My name is Julio Arias

• Do
              Don Elseroad Jan 17, 2021

I used TurboTax for several years and never had any problems. 3 years ago for some unknown reason I could not get TurboTax so I went with H&R Block for 2 years. This year 2020 my Credit Union offered TurboTax and I was able to get it. They offered a FREE version which I decided to try since my taxes are basic. Almost at the end of doing my taxes I was advised that I would have to use a PAID version of Turbo Tax with no explanation why. So my feelings are there are no FREE lunches and I will be using H&R Block which will only be one half of what Turbo Tax was going to charge. My name is Don Elseroad from Bristol, VA.

Nov 10, 2020

TurboTax — Major customer service failure! They did not submit my taxes to irs! Yet I paid them!

I have called several numbers at least 30 times within 3 days! I cannot get live help so that they can help...

May 31, 2020

TurboTax — Will not clear out my unfinished return online

Turbo tax has locked my incomplete unfinished not-filed 2019 return that I started in feb & will not...

TurboTaxOnline tax preparer software

We purchased Turbo Tax this year to complete our taxes, but were concerned that it didn't give us the educational tax credit for what pay for our son's college. It completely took that away from us. So we took our taxes to H&R Block and had them take a second look. They found we ARE eligible for that credit! We saved $2, 600 with H&R Block! So now we are doing an ammendment through them. We feel we should get our money back for what we paid Turbo Tax. Clearly, it doesn't know how to do taxes and didn't find an obvious credit for which we were eligble. We would've lost a lot of money had we trusted Turbo Tax and won't use it again!

TurboTaxAt each step they are applying hidden charges and fees

There are commonsense things about taxes.
              1 Don't put it off it. only makes things worse.
              2 Efiling doesn't really save much time
              3. If you do e file find a reliable and honest company. Avoid tax scam outfits like Turbo tax.

If you choose to ignore no. 3, be careful. At each step they are applying hidden charges and fees. If you don't pay attention, they will take as much as they can. They are not your friend. You are their victim

TurboTaxI fell for the word free and they blackmailed once they had used up my time

Stay away. They are liars and cheats. It is not FREE.
                You will waste your time and money on this fraud

I had to upload, review, input all my information. It's just me and my W2 to get this done. They said they would not complete taxes unless I paid 60.00 for their deluxe service.

I fell for the word free and they blackmailed once they had used up my time, and I was faceing the April 15 deadline.

Don't trust these criminals with your time money or data

• Updated by jyund123 · Apr 15, 2020

I gave them their blackmail money. After claiming it was free, they would not complete fileing until I gave them 60.00. This is not tax software it is ransomware.

They got 60.00 for 2020. And someone who will be warning everyone he knows about the fraudulent nature of their claims.

Lesson one- Do your taxes early
                    Lesson two - Avoid Scammers like TurboTax who will lie and take your money

TurboTaxUnable to correct a return through turbotax website

On the advice of turbotax, I uploaded a pdf of my w2 instead of typing it in myself. The payer's ein translated one digit off by their software and I missed the mistake upon review, resulting in reject code fw2-502 for federal and state returns when filed. On attempt to fix the EIN per turbotax instructions, the turbotax website just sends me into a loop with no way to fix it. I would like them to fix their software, or refund my payments to them.

TurboTaxTurbo Tax Premier Service

ABSOLUTELY A WASTE OF MONEY!!! I too had the same problem with Turbo Tax not asking me any questions about my medical insurance and, sure enough, my federal tax refund will now be delayed because Turbo Tax did not do their job. Called and complained and the just said sorry, there is nothing we can do--although they even ADMITED that it was their mistake to not include this in the filing process. Well, there is SOMETHING I can do and that is to NEVER use this company again.

TurboTaxheld refund for 6-8 weeks

after filling, in about two weeks i got a letter from the irs telling me there should have been ins. info given. None was asked for in the filling format, Turd tax said" "yeah, that was an oversight) After calling turdoslax tax, i had to fill out another form (they did help with this) but not an im sorry, our fault or kiss my a... What a junk company. I need my refund!!! THEY MESSED UP, i pay the price. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER us this pos company. Now thanks to trurd tax, it will be at least 11 weeks for a refund. Find a blind person with a second grade education, they will do a better job!!!

Intuit Turbotaxpast years AGI

When I e-filed our tax return(married/joint), at the end, it asks for last years AGI. I found it and input into the form. Return was rejected because it said AGI was incorrect. The AGI for last year was pulled from turbotax 2019. How can this be wrong??? I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I have not worked in 16 months, but turbotax doesn't offer any accomodation for adjusting the AGI when you file joint. My return was rejected, so I filed it through the mail. When I go back into turbo tax where I originally e-filed, all it says is, "your return was rejected, let us help you fix it"... hahahahaha... They are absolutely of no use in fixing this. I can't even get a status of my return because of the way they asked for the information, then rejected it. I will pay someone to do my taxes next year, instead of using this worthless product. Incidentally, their phone support is useless as well...

TurboTaxTurbotax Deluxe Online

Do not buy this product!!! The online version discontinued the use of its audit risk meter and does no audit checking at all. To prove my point I entered ridiculous amounts for itemized deductions up to my entire income which would make this return have a 100% chance of getting audited. However, Turbotax runs through its final review and says my return is in great shape and good to go!!!

TurboTaxTurboTax

After spending $80 on the 2019 Turbo Tax and doing my taxes they charged me a $39.99 Refund Processing Fee. This is a got you hidden fee and should be against the law.

TurboTaxTurbotax

I call costumer support and want to make one change and I can not talk to anyone

TurboTaxTurbo Tax

THIS IS """""NOT FREE"""" IF THATS WHAT THE AD SAYS! What a bunch of crap. YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT IN BOLD IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF YOUR AD .YOU MAKE PEOPLE THINK ITS FREE AND ITS NOT! YOU KNOW EXACLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND THIS IS WHY YOU DO IT THIS WAY. THAT IS DEFINITELY MISREPRESENTATION AND I AM GOING TO FILE A COMPLAINT! IM SURE THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE SEE IT THE SAME WAY WE SAW IT WHEN THEY READ IT.
                                YOU SHOUD BE ASHAMED. JUST SAY FIRST AND FOREMOST 99% of the time, THIS WILL "NOT" BE FREE UNLESS -----)

I was charged $40 for the State, $40 for the Federal AND $40 for Automatic Deposit. that is $160 from my return! What a bunch of crap.

TurboTaxTax Preparation Software

I am writing this review here because I doubt my review would be available on the Intuit website.

First, all the Turbo Tax advertising makes a big deal about Free Tax Filing. It is only when you start your return that you are told you are not eligable for the free tax filing. I ended up paying $140.00 I could have paid a tax preparation service that and got the additional services that Intuit was trying to sell me. In addition, I was unable to save/print my return without jumping through a few hoops. I went ahead and did my taxes on Turbo Tax this year but I will look into other options next year. This no longer seems to be a cost effective option. I feel like I am paying for all those people getting free tax filing through Turbo Tax.

TurboTaxCustomer service

No way to talk to someone about question on amended tax return. Phone robots are useless. Stop using them. Hire some people and train them. Spend your money wisely. Avoid robots. You are making a lot of money on this tax crap. Provide help to the helpless. Get real people in there. You will do better financially. OBTW. This will be the last year I use Turbo Tax to do my taxes. I'll do it myself.