Having problems with ICICI Bank?

1860 120 7777 (India, Retail Customers)
1800 200 3344 (Register Your Grievance)
1800 103 8181 (Wealth/Private Banking)
800 0424 2448 (Europe)
1800 101 2553 (Singapore)
+91 223 366 7777 (Head Office)
+91 265 672 2286 (Registered Office, Gujarat)
+1 866 424 2448 (United States)
+44 344 412 4444 (United Kingdom)
+973 80 004 877 (Bahrain)
+852 22 342 651 (Hong Kong)
+65 67 239 009 (Singapore)
+94 114 242 400 (Sri Lanka)
ICICI Bank Towers, Bandra-Kurla Complex
Mumbai
India - 400051

Complaints & Reviews

debited rs 31000 from my savings accout for disputed credit card transactions

ICICI Bank has troubled me to the core...this is the worst experience that could have happened to me.

1. I placed a dispute for online transactions that happened on my credit card one after the another on 29 Dec 2007, summing up to Rs 25000/-...
2. Customer service mentioned that they wold take 60 days to resolve dispute but it is over 6 months and they have not been able to resolve the dispute in favor of neither of us.
3. I have a documented email from the lawyer from ICICI bank that the investigation is in process and initiated on 7th May 2008 and it will take 60 days to charge back that amount.
4. After all of this; they end up debiting all the disputed transactions with interest from my savings account with ICICI bank...

Ridiculous... It has been 6 months they could not prove that I made those transactions which I did not anyways and they will never be able to prove me wrong...

How do I go about getting my hard earned money back?

• Ka
    kavish Nov 23, 2008

tertetertertteteetertertrtertt

• Im
    Imtiyaz Khan May 23, 2009

ICICI Bank Cred Card No. 4477 4682 8366 9005

Dear Sir/Madame,

with reference to the above mentioned Credit card,

My savings a/c has been debited Rs. 33, 000/- saying that, there is an outstanding on the card,

whereas, Ihave already settled the credit card account on 27/10/2008,

and have also got a settlement letter, bearing reference no. REF NO. HYD/840/200810840

this keeps happening to me every 3-4 months,

evertime I have to go the bank and request for the release, showing the proof of settlement

this is the worst system I have ever come across,

i can understand if the mistake happens once or twice,

but this is being repeated again and again

and I am fedup with the system

now please tell me how do I teach them a lesson and get back my money

Imtiyaz Khan

• Ha
    HARI May 24, 2009

ICICI BANK PROVED TOBE THE WORST BANK IN INDIA, NOTHING CAN BE DONE UNLESS RBI TAKE ANY STRONG ACTION ON THIS BANK.

AS A CUSTOMER I ALSO HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE IN CREDIT CARD LOSING SEVERAL THOUSAND MONEY.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHY THIS BANK BEHAVING SO WORST TOWARDS CUSTOMERS.
    ALSO ALL EMPLOYEE OF ICICI BANK ARE TOLD NOT SHARE THEIR DIRECTOR'S CONTACT DETAILS.

THIS IS A GOOD SOURCE OF INCOME FROM CREDIT CARD, BY NOT RESOLVING THE ISSUES YEARS TOGETHER & DEBITING ALL WITH HUGE INTEREST FROM THE CUSTOMER.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, NO BODY SHOULD KEEP SALARY ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK.

HARI, CHENNAI

fraud by icici bank

Date : July 4, 2008
Cyber Crime Investigation cell,
Annex III, 1st floor, Office of the Commissioner of Police,
D.N.Road,
Mumbai - 400001
Hi,
My name is Shanti Maiti. I live in USA - California for the past 11 yrs. I visit India often. I have an account with ICICI Bank Ghatkoper Branch. (Contact details :
Chandrashekhar Salian Regional Sales Manager [protected]

Customer service [protected] [protected]@icicibank.com
[protected]@icicibank.com

Cc:
Important Information:
My NRE A/C No.[protected] GhatKoper Branch India which was debited fraudulently.
MR. SHAKEEL AHMED A/C NO. [protected] : Which was credited.(FRAUD)
Transaction Code by which the money was debited from my and several other accounts.
BIL/[protected]/RAVI/NSP 100000/-
BIL/[protected]/RAVI/NSP - 96000/-
On 6/21/08. some one hacked their website (or ICICI bank has glitch in their program)and debited my account : [protected] for 196000/-.
On 6/23/08 I received a mail from Mr. Umang Shah asking me or my relative in India to contact him regarding Internet Fund Transfer .
On 6/24/08 As I was not sure if the mail was genuine and from ICICI bank, I replied to his email “What Fund Transfer are you talking about.?” Please contact me at USA no.
On 6/28/08 as I did not hear from him I had some doubts about the mail. So I tried to log on to my account through Internet but I could not log on as it was stating that my UserID is disabled. So I contact customer service at [protected]. Just to assure I asked the balance and was shocked to hear the balance. Then I contacted the Mr. Umang Shah - Investigating officer of ICICI bank, Rupa Chanda - Assistant Manager -they confirmed that my account as well as several others accounts were debited fraudulently.
I tried to talk to the Branch manager but she was not willing to talk to me.
Same night Rupa Chanda called me to assure that it was a fraud and my money will be returned.
From customer servise also they assured the same that I will get my money back.

Now they do not want to take any responsibility and do not even want to talk to me because they know its ICICI bank fault. Either ICICI bank has glitch in their Internet Banking or their internal IT employees are involved.
Since then I have been trying to get in touch with a responsible authority of ICICI bank as these customer care banking officers and the Branch Officer do not want to talk to us and disconnect my phone.
I want to lodge a complain against ICICI bank – Ghatkoper Branch as NO ONE CAN HACK A SECURED WEB SITE OF A BANK LIKE ICICI WITHOUT THE HELP OF ICICI BANK INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT.
Also please note that they came to know about the fraud on 6/23/08 and did not even bother to call me and confirm if I did that transaction. On 6/28/08 Mr. Umang Shah told me that when Mr. Shakeel Amed’s account [protected] was credited with lots of money from my account and several other account holder they were alert and kept a watch on his account.
I want to point out ICICI bank irresponsibility (On purpose as employees are involved in this) here is :-
1. Why they waited and did not freeze his account or questioned him immediately.
2. Why they waited till MR. Shakeel Ahmed took out all the money from his account.
3. In banking system whenever there are suspicious transaction like this an Alert Flag is raised and respective Team is informed about this so that they can keep a watch on it.
4. ICICI does not allow to withdraw more than 25000/ per day from ATM. In banking system there is a limit restriction to transfer money via Internet Banking. How cum my account was debited for 196000/.
5. Here again when his account was credited with tons of money why the team did not contact us immediately.
How cum these hackers do not hack our national banks. If these are hacker then they will hack any web site even the national banks.
Now ICICI bank does not want to take any responsibility. It seems there are lots of complain against ICICI bank with cyber police of Bombay . I spoke to the Inspector of Cyber Police and they confimed that they get lots of complain about ICICI bank.
Working as a systems analyst in IT of Bank of America we know that this kind of hacking is not possible without the help of ICICI bank employees.
These private banks like ICICI hire morally cheap employees who do this kind of hacking with partnership of outsider and get away clean.
I am also contacting the Finance Ministry and all possible authorities
Shanti Maiti,
2710 cimmaron ave,
Simi Valley California 93065 USA contact : [protected]
Bombay contact : Ms. Manju Sharma – [protected]
Jagdeesh Society, Rn. 22,
Jadusa Nagar, Ghatkoper West
CC:
1. Manju Sharma – Ghatkoper.
2. Darshit Chokshi - ICICI bank – New York Branch -

Cyber Crime Investigation cell,
    Annex III, 1st floor, Office of the Commissioner of Police,
    D.N.Road,
    Mumbai - 400001

I was checking my bank account at 11am on 6th of Aug. & found suddenly all my money have been transferred to another account online. Then I spoke to customer care & they advised me to lodge a complain in Preet Vihar police station.I did that .Then submit the copy of the police complain & incident letter to them.

I met the cluster head named Vikram Singh.He was not supportive at all.He was instead told me that ‘ Why should a person took away your money, instead he should take the 5 crore money from different account’. He has not given any informations not help me.

He said that investigation is in place & might take 30 days time very casually.

I would like to add the information to this complain. My money has been transferred to this account. Moulik N Bhatt 085301000487 6B, Rachna Appartments Tubidham Chaurasta Manjalpur Baroda Ph. 9924696677 Amount: 43000/- Dt.6th of Aug 09 After speaking to this man, he said he got a mail from some unknown person that his money has been transferred to this account. Kindly transferred to another account with the following details. A/c No. 015805006437 LR Enterprises Dyral Peter Mathew C19, Shanti Co-operative Housing Society RSC4, Flat No. 143 Malwani Malad West. Mumbai Ph. 9833913140 He has withdrawn the money on 6th . Transferred amount. 40000/- Pl. do the investigation & I want my money back asap.

I am a privileged wealth management customer. But facing lot of problem in getting the solution.Kindly do the needful.

regards,

****K**** Dec 31, 2009

Hi
    Sir / Mam

I Karthikeyan

I Want to Let You All Know That, How ICICI Bank is Pluking Money From Their Customer's
    I Tried to Withdraw Money Form SBI ATM Using ICICI Bank Debit Card, For 8000rs
    It Say's Declined, The Next Moment I Checked The Balance It Was 2000rs Instead 10000rs
    I Don't Understand Why it Alway's Happen ?
    This is Not The First Time, I Had Same Issue 6 months Back, And I Lost 1500rs
    i Immediately called up ICICI Bank CUstomer Service They Say Its a Server Problem
    This Time When I Called Up Customer Service Now They Tell Its a Problem With SBI BANK
    and I Need To Wait For 12 Working Day's
    And Am Sure Nothing is Going to Happen,
    Its 8000 Thousand Rupees, Its Not Small MOney, I Don't Steel The MOney Like ICICI Bank Does, Its My Hard Earn Money
    Not Just That
    When Ever I Go There Bank, For A Statement They Tell Its a Printer Problem
    trust me i have Been 6 to 7 Branches All the Branches Say The Same Reason on The Same Day its a printer problem, it does't make any sense
    So I Deeply Request Some One to
    take NECCESSARY ACTION ON ICICI BANK, , , , ,
    There are so many people Like me, who are suffering today
    Please do the Needful and save Innocent People

Thank's And Regard's
    Karthikeyan
    Email: [email][email protected][/email]
    MOB : 9989267845

• Ic
    ICICI Bank Customer Care Jan 04, 2010

Dear Karthikeyan,

We're sorry to hear about your experience.
    We'll contact you and work to address your issue at the earliest.

Regards,
    ICICI Customer Service Team.

adjustment in credit card stmt.

Dear sir, As against my last month stmt. of card no.[protected] I put Rs.8650/- for the total amt.due...

personel loan problem

To The Manager
Personal Loan Dept
ICICI Bank

I am Nischal Diwakar, I contacted one your staff Mr. Atul Cell #: [protected], from ICICI BANK Personal loan greater Noida U P.

I applied with complet document on 4/06/08 for loan of Rs. 51000/- my loan approved on 16/06/08, I gave two cheques to Mr Atul on 17/06/08 but I haven't got money till date.

Nischal Diwakar
G-401, Alpha-II
Greater Noida UP
Phone-[protected]

terrible customer service

I paid 10, 000 Rs from my Axis Bank debit card to ICICI bank credit card on 4th of April. But till now the amount has not been credited. I contacted ICICI bank regarding this and they asked me to give the details. I have given them all the details including the print outs. I mailed them 7 times and after every mail they called me and said that my request will be processed in 2days. I waited for 3 months. But no response. Then i mailed them that I will lodge a complaint. Even then no response. But they are sending me the credit card bills with huge interests. It is worse on their part. For every mail i sent they replied me. Last saturday one representative called me from HYD and said that she wants some ARN number, with out which they cannot proceed. They could have asked me this before 3 months. But even now they are not responding.

• Da
    dantam Anuradha Jul 30, 2008

Same is the problem with me also. I have made a payment of 882/- from my Axis bank online account.The money was debited on the same day it self. but the money was not credited with ICICI bank i have placed a request and also lodged a complaint but still they is no success. the next month crdit card bill is already dispacthed whcih icludes the fine ..
    What to do...
    Terrible service ... indeed

• Hp
    hpd Jul 07, 2011

ICICI is a horrible bank. Its customer service reps are stupid. Check out their hilarious responses at http://hanumant.com/index.php/articles/general-articles/82-icici-bank-horrible-customer-service-experience.html

• Ic
    ICICI Bank Customer Care Jul 11, 2011

Hi hpd,

Is there any particular complaint that you have against our services? Please email them to us along with your contact details at [email protected] and we will get back to you at the earliest to resolve the matter. Kindly refer "1982399" in the subject line.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

fraud & scam

I agree with article about ICICI bank home loan to the fullest and it has provoked me to raise my house and file the formal complaint with this site. I took the ICICI loan and now the interest rate is 11.5 (even after twice in the loan tenure i have paid 5000 to reduce the interest rate, without that it would have been 12.75). I have therefore never ever recommended anyone ICICI bank. I do believe ICICI is the most unethical bank i have ever banked with. they will show the carrot and then once hooked will exploit to the fullest. I am about to take the second home loan and this time i have even bothered to ask/inquire about the ICICI offer, simple reason I am more than confident that they will cheat their customers again and again. Now i will be there new customer but after year or two i will the "unfortunate Loyal Customer".

Take any example, remittance they are the the one who offered the least exchange rate but their advert is the most beautiful especially with Shahrukh, and of course shahrukh won't bother to check the authenticity of the products unless he is getting paid hefty to lying "Take my word for it!!". Some one who is sincere fan of shahrukh will go for his word and will get cheat with the exchange rate.

• Vi
    Vivek Tawade Jul 04, 2008

ICICI bank is a big cheater. Borrow loan from ICICI bank at 9% one year back. now it is 12.25%. This buggers are offering 11% for new customers.
    Indian finance minister should look into this matter. what is the reason behind this difference.
    I will never recommend anyone to go for ICICI bank.

• Vi
    Vivek Tawade Jul 04, 2008

One more thing, you can do anything online with this bank, but you can not make the pre payment for housing loan.

telegraphic transfer of funds

I had transferred some amount from my salary account in CIMB bank, Sungai Petani, Malaysia to my sister's account in State bank of India, Nagaland, India via TT( telegraphic transfer) on April 24th 2008. The fund from CIMB bank will be routed through ICICI bank Chennai into my sister's account in SBI. Till date ICICI has not credited the amount into my sister's account even though it was transferred to them on 24th April.
Telegraphic transfers take maximum 2-3 days. However ICICI has not transferred the amount even after nearly 8 weeks.

• Sd
    S.DUTTA Mar 05, 2011

I deposit one CIMB bank cheque in SBI Pune Branch on Dec 3 2010. Cheque will be cleared in ICICI Bank in Chennai. Till date cheque is not cleared. Can you help me to give me the address of ICICI Bank Chennai where this cheque will be cleared. So that I can inquired about that cheque. SBI bank Pune not able to trace the where about of the cheque after dispatching it to clearing house in Chenai.

status regarding personal loan ([protected])

Dear Sir, Please confirm me my balance of loan against loan sr no [protected]. please mail the...

after closing the credit card still sending sms & statements for making payments

I have closed my credit card on 5th September 2007 vide receipt no.C08070 3669257 for an amount of Rs.90, 500/- against my icici bank credit card. However till date the bank is still sending me SMS, mails and statements to pay the interest accrued and service tax amount against the above credit card. Because the bank has not updated their system / records on the above closure and they keep sending reminders calling and sending letters to residence, creating more problems and pain to customers. Inspite of my several requests to customercare/ call centers and credit card depts regarding this closure has just got drained and went all in vain.

• Pe
    peeyushvyas Sep 24, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I had paid last installment of my personal loan in August-2008. Still I have got one SMS to pay installment by 29th Sept, 2008. I have not got any statement yet for the same.
    My credit card no. is 4477 4665 1416 8003.

Please look into the matter and reply me immediately.

Thanks.

Peeyush Vyas
    Mobile: 94142-47745

• Nk
    N.K. Sharma Nov 27, 2009

To, 26th Nov, 2009
    The ICICI Bank
    IInd Floor, 6 Sansad Marg,
    Parliament Street, New Delhi.

Sub: - Unnecessarily Harassment and levy of arbitrary chargeS against my credit
    Card No- 5176377100680007 issued on false representation by the agent of ICICI
    credit on my request for closure of the said account.

Sir,
    The Above credit card was issued to me almost one year back which I have used for several occasions. The charges were quite exorbitant which I have paid regularly.

On 4th June 2009, vide my letter of even date I have made the last payment of Rs. 590.28 as full & final vide cheque No-728132 dated 04/06/2009 of PNB, Navyug Market, Ghaziabad and requested for closure of my credit card account

The said cheque along with my request letter which was dispatched by courier receipt No-306075166 dated 05/06/2009 were duly accepted and encashed by the credit card division. The copy of closure letter along with courier receipt are enclosed here with for your kind perusal (as annexure I & II). The above fact of receipt of my letter and cheque was also confirmed telephonically from the office concerned.

To my surprise the cheque was encashed but the request for closure was not entertained.

There after I had been served with regularly monthly bills demanding undue charges for interest / penalty.

On further intimating the office an executive / visited my premises and further assured that on payment of Rs. 240/- as full & final the said account will be closed. I have duly paid Rs. 240/- in cash on 12/08/2009 to the officer concerned vide his receipt No-C0609-8481886 dated 12/08/2009 (Copy enclosed annexure III) but again to my astonishment, harassment, mental agony I am being served bills demanding un warranted late payments fee interest charges, service tax, where as the fact remain that the said credit card was never used by me after 04/06/2009, where in I have first sent my request and intimated the office for closure of account with necessary payments for closure.

Thereafter I have been regularly requesting verbally and in writing (the copy of which are enclosed herewith as annexure III & IV) but no action is taken.

The necessary document regarding my reminder / courier receipt are enclosed herewith as proof of the truth of my submission and unnecessary harassment caused to me.

Kindly look into the matter at the earliest and direct the ICICI bank for genuine closure of the account with withdrawal of all false and vague charges after 04/06/2009 and also necessary compensation which you feel reasonably good may be awarded.
    Thanking You

Ghaziabad, U.P
    M. No- 9811708370
    Email: - [email protected]

Encl: - I. Letter dated 04/06/2009 for closure
    Vide courier No-306075166 dated 4-06-2009.
    II. Reminder dated 25/07/2009
    Vide courier Receipt No-306561483.
    Reminder dated 27/07/2009
    Vide courier Receipt No-306561488.
    III. Acknowledgement Receipt No- C06098481886
    Dated – 12/08/2009.
    IV. Letter dated 10/11/2009 to Credit card DIV, Rohini.

C.C. 1. Credit Card Dept.
    Plot No. 7,

Mohamed Illyas Khan,
    E.S.I, Road No. 1,
    Banjara Hill
    Hyderabad-500034.
    For needful immediate action: - as the matter was
    Discussed Mr. Yadav Krishna Telephonically.

unjustified freezing of saving a/c against unjustified balance of credit card for cancelled icici health insurance policy

I am Sukhchain Singh from Ludhiana Punjab & having saving a/c [protected] in ICICI Bank Frz. Gandhi Market Br. Ludhiana. ICICI Bank alloted me a credit card [protected] with credit limit of Rs. 20000/- & then proposed a health insurance policy debiting Rs. 12000/- to
my credit card a/c on 13-10-2006 in a self styled manner without my any request for credit card as well as insurance policy. On receiving insurance proposal I immediately back-referred for cancellation of insurance policy as well as credit card.ICICI cancelled this policy vide
its letters dated 31-10-2006, 13-11-2006 & [protected](copies in attachment).I also received an e-mail dated 9-2-2008 from ICICI that my policy had been cancelled w.e.f. 27-10-2006 & full refund of Rs.12000/-
had been credited to my credit card a/c (copy of e-mail in in attachments).
But ICICI Bank has been showing Rs.15081/63P debit in my credit card a/c & marked lien on my saving a/c for Rs.17192/63 w.e.f. Nov.2007.
Inspite of repeated requests & representations till today ICICI has not removed lien from my saving a/c. ICICI has harrasing me since last two years by raising unjustified debit to my credit card & freezing my hard earned money in my saving a/c. Kindly help me. Thanks.
SUKHCHAIN SINGH #12446 STREET 9 VISHAVKARMA COLONY LUDHIANA-141003. MOBILE-[protected]

• Su
    sundareswaran.k Nov 14, 2007

i had a transaction in my a/c in the month of august more than Rs 10,000. but i received a letter from icici dated october 31st that there was no transaction for the period june to august 2007. so i request icici to close my a/c at the earliest

• Mo
    mohith Sep 02, 2008

i am a part of a company which recently came under andra police scanner for presumely doin fraud.
    the case is currently running in high court.
    Is is possible for the inspector of a police station wher the complaint was lodged to write a letter for freezing of our account ?? will this be acknoledged by the bank ? ?
    i am holding an account with icici abnk, rt nagar, bangalore.

MANJU JAIN Oct 04, 2008

DEAR CUSTOMER CARE OFFICER.

REFERENCE YOUR STATEMENT DATED 19/8/07 FOR MY CREDIT CARD NO 4477470115762008 IN THE NAME OF MANJU JAIN, .FOR RS 39814/-

WE HAVE PAID THE ABOVE SAID BILL DTD 19/8/08 BY CHEQUE OF THE AMBALA CENTRAL CO-OPERATIVE BANK LTD VIDE CHEQUE NO 858562 DTD 1/9/08 FOR RS 40, 000/- AND DROP THE SAME IN YOUR DROP BOX OF YOU ICICI BANK AMBALA CANTT BRANCH.

I AM SUPRISED TO SEE THE BILL DTD 19/9/08 IN WHICH YOU HAVE SHOWN THE DEBIT BALANCE OF RS 44887/- IN MY STATEMENT. HOW IT CAN POSSIBLE WHEN I HAVE MADE THE PAYMENT OF RS 40, 000/- IN TIME

WE HAVE CONTACTED YOUR LOCAL ICICI BANK OPERATION OFFICE AND SHOWN THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE CHEQUE OF RS 40, 000/- AND THEY HAVE CHECKED THEIR RECORD AND INFORM THAT THEY HAVE SEND THIS CHEQUE TO AMBLA CITY FOR COLLECTION,

AFTER THAT WE HAVE CONTACTED OUR BAK AND SEE WHETHER THIS CHEQUE HAVE COME TO MY ACCOUNT OR NOT, THEN I FOUND THAT TILL TODAY IT HAS NOT COME TO MY BANK FOR PAYMENT.

TODAY I RECD AN CALL FROM YOUR CHANDIGARH OFFICE FOR PAYMENT REMINDER, WE EXPLIAN THE POSTION TO THEM ALSO, THEY GIVE THE SOLUTION TO US THAT, WE SHOULD STOP PAYMENT OF OUR PREVIOUS CHEQUE AND ISSUE NEW CHEQUE TO THEM, WE ACCEPTED THIER REQUEST AND ISSUE NEW CHEQUE OF RS 40, 000 OF ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE VIDE CHEQUE NOP 568091 DTD 4/10/08 FOR RS 40, 000/- AND HE HAS ISSUE THE RECEIPT FOR THE PAYMENT . THE RECEIPT NO IS 6508144 DTD 4/10/08.

NOW THE QUESTION LEFT IS WAVIER OF LATE AND AND THE INTEREST OF THE PAYMENT LAVIED IN YOUR BILL, SINCE WE HAVE MADE THE PAYMENT IN TIME THE QUESTION OF LATE AND INTEREST DOES NOT ARISE, TO PLEASE WAIVE THE LATE FEE CHARGES AND INTEREST AMMOUNT AND THE SERIVE TAX THEIR ON AS SHOWN IN YOUR BILL DTD 19/9/08.

PL DO THE NEED WAIVIER AND OBLIGE .

WITH BEST REAGRDS.

MANJU JAIN
    CREDIT CARD NO 4477470115762008

scam charges

I work for Infosys and has the salary account in icici bank#[protected]. On 31st December 2007, an amount of RS.3000/- got debited from my account saying "TP ICICI PRULIFE". But till now I never had an ICICI Prudential policy. Since then I have been calling customer care numbers of both ICICI BANK and ICICI PRUDENTIAL. Neither of them responded in a proper way and tried escaping guiding me to the each other, saying that the issue doesn't belong to them. What a joke??? Both of them are a part of icici group and none will take the responsibility :(

Then I started mailing [protected]@iciciprulife.com and [protected]@iciciprulife.com but they ask me for the details of the transaction and will say "we will revert in a week" but they never came back with a response. Till now I have mailed them around 30-35 times.

I got vexed up following up with them for the last 6 months. Is there any way to get away from these kind of situations.

Thanks,
Kiran.

• Ra
    Raj Jun 16, 2009

Bavoyyy... kekalu puttinchav kada...

niku biscuit lu veyademee telsu anukuna... kani inta serious ga pekadatavani ipude telsindi...

money disappearing from account!

I am an NRI customer of this pathetic bank for last few years. The service used to be about right 2 years ago...

Parramatta Banks

refund of my policy

I am suffering from very bad experience through ICICI Lombard Peoples, i had taken one policy "Family Floater Health Insurance" from ICICI Lombard, on 13th May-08 at 5.15 p.m., as under the guidance of icici lombard executive Mr. Pravin Shinde i have wrote "preexisting desease" in the policy..bcoz of that my policy showing Waiting approval status..again i have got the call at 6.00 pm and he said u have fell wrong form and again he taken the fresh policy from me..two times my money debited for the same policy due to the icici lombard executive..and now they people sayin that for cancellation we will deduct 25% of ur policy amount..please guide me for this

transfer of reward points from the credit card account!

ICICI Bank has debited and transferred all the Reward points from my Credit Card account to a new iMint account without my permission/authorization/approval or even intimation. On top of that they say that this has been done by the bank as a corporate decision and in the interest of all its customers, and as such the transaction cannot be reversed. Once credited into my account, my contention is that the reward points are my property and the bank has no authority over the same. By their logic, someday they can transfer all the money from my account to another account stating the same reasons as above. Till date, despite several calls and discussions with the customer care managers, the transaction has not been reversed.

I have since stopped using my ICICI Bank credit card since the offers and reward point redemption gifts for other banks are much better that ICIC Bank's!

• De
    Deepak Goyal Nov 19, 2007

Some unauthorised payments of Rs. 14200.00 has been made using my credit card

• Dr
    Dr Nandita Basu May 21, 2008

i am a holder of a credit card of icici bank & similar thing has happened to me. all my reward points have been transferred to imint card without any prior intimation, not only that bank has not sent me the imint card yet so that i can have a clear view of my reward points. i have almost stopped using that card & on repeated requests the bank is not taking any care to sent me my imnt card.

• Dr
    Dreamer Sep 25, 2008

This is another one of ICICI's scams. They have done this to all their customers without taking their permission. The worst part is iMint is worse than ICICI, I never thought this is possible but this is true.
    We should all go for credit cards from othe banks, then only ICICI would realize that they can't take customers lightly.
    I have already applied.

• Yu
    yuvraj arya Nov 08, 2008

Without consent they transfered points and when you go for redeemption the products are out of stock, whereas statement printed 8 days back carries the product.

The best branded products are always out of stock.

• Re
    Rekha Jayesh Nov 11, 2008

My husbnd using icic credit crd for the last 4 yers.the first three years it was okey. first it ws not rewrd point, some discount from payment.then we got gift coupen for apparatus, as per our request. later when i mint came in the picture ther ws no response after our repeated e-mil and phone cll. Not only it has no office in Kolkta to approach. We even told them Yours is a froad compny. After our repeated request to icic they contact imint. A call came after that from imint and they send some gifts as per our selection. But this is very difficult to beg for our eligible rewrds, in each time. Now we lso decided to go other Bank and will give up icic.
    Dont allow the private bank to cheat thier customer.ll should tke the sme decision to quick

• N
    N Nov 17, 2008

ankit Gupta Nov 20, 2008

I am not sure whether all you people have actually gone through the rewards points programme of I mint but I find it better.

At least the option to redeem 700 i mint points (equivalent to 350 ICICI bank reward points) for Rs. 250 of petrol at a HPCL petrol pump is worth it.

For every 350 ICICI Rewards points transferred to i mint as 700 i mint points you get 250 Rs of petrol free - almost 72% of the value of reward points not comparable to any reward available on ICICI bank reward programme.

I am actually waiting and they are not ready to transfer my points to I mint although i want them transferred.

• Br
    b rakesh Dec 02, 2008

ICICI is a fraud, When DND( do not disturb) call registry has come, ICICI bank could not use banks customers personal information for there profits.

If banks customer data is shared with i-mint, what i would like to know is whether i-mint is part of banking regulations. If not god bless us all & all our money which is with ICICI bank.

I-mint is another way of getting around DND registry.

Something which used to cost 200 Points on ICICI costs 800 points, so what the use of giving more points ?

• Pr
    pramod bhardwaj Mar 02, 2009

Chandan,

I also had very similar experience. The worst part was that a few weeks back I had done redeemed all my points to vouchers. ICICI Bank was scrupulous enough to cancel this online redemption and transfer all my points to iMint. Adding to my nightmare, iMint offers really suck. After realizing this I have immediately cancelled my ICICI credit card. The floor manager mentioned that the application had a clause mentioning this.

And all of this even after being their 'Private Banking Customer' for 6yrs. :)

I was very proud (& patriotic) of ICICI bank. Look like they are also turning out to be the same "Sharks" as others...

Looks like the oldies are the best. At least they promise nothing.. I'm switching to SBI or Canbank.

-Pramod

• Pr
    Pratheesh May 01, 2010

ICICI SUCKS

Dont want to comment further. I am just waiting to move out of them. Got robbed of a decade of points and they are shamelessly continuing their rewards program for other cusotmers...twhen asked they say, this imint robbery has been done to only 'select' customers !!

[Resolved] icici duping customers

Dear Sirs,
Whom to believe when banks like ICICI is diverting your money in their account.
Beware!!! Even the country's one of the biggest banks like ICICI can sweep your money in their account without your knowledge. Unbelievable but it's true.
Suppose you have deposited a cheque in ICICI bank thinking that it would get credited in your account, as you have full faith on your bank. Think twice. That money may not come to your account……in fact it can go directly in a suspense account. You will not be informed even. You will not even find mention of that cheque in your statement as well as in your internet banking portal. Bank has made procedure so cumbersome that you might find it difficult to get that money credited to your account as you cannot do so with your internet banking and also you cannot do so with phone banking.
ICICI Banks justify their action saying that they are keeping public money in their account "AS PER RBI GUIDELINES". How can one believe this.
ICICI bank is fully aware that in this busy modern world people do not have time to go to banks and cheque if the cheque that they have deposited is credited in their account or not hence they have devised this unique method to dupe you of your money.
THE STORY GOES LIKE THIS
"I deposited a two cheques on dated 5/11/2007 in Delhi
1. Cheque No. 416471 for Rs. 23299=00
2. Cheque No. 206991 for Rs 1382=00
The first one of Rs. 23299 got credited in my account but my other cheque i.e. Cheque No. 206991 for Rs. 1382=00 is not yet credited in my account inspite of the fact that I have written so many mails to bank confirming that it's my money. Reason for not crediting the cheque in my account was that my full name was not mentioned in the cheque. Although the cheque was crossed and I was depositing the same to my saving account.
And the most frustrating is the fact that I am not given any information by the bank where my cheque is? Bank is keeping that money without my knowledge. I fail to understand why bank is collecting money like this from the customers. ICICI Gurgaon Branch is notorious for this kind of cheque problems. They keep cheques in suspense account for months together, Thats what I hear about this branch.
I really have to fight with their Operation Manager to get my cheque credited to my account earlier also. Detail of that cheque was as mentioned below;
Cheque No. 315502 Deposited on 12/10/07 for Amount Rs. 140000/-. This amount was also sent to Suspense account and that too without giving any information to me. Reason was very small my name was spelled as "Parveen Kumar Bhardwaj" in place of Praveen Kumar Bhardwaj.
Questions that are yet to be answered by ICICI Bank against various mails that I had written to them are as mentioned below;
1. Why this information that my cheque is sent to suspense account is not passed on to me by ICICI bank? ICICI bank and their call center spend a huge amount of money calling us night and day asking us if we want loan, or insurance or similar kind of services and when it comes to our money going to ICICI bank's suspense account no-one even cared to call me once. Why?
2. Surprisingly this information is not even there on my online personal banking page (internet banking) since bank do not want to tell customers that bank is keeping their money without their knowledge. Bank purposefully want to hide this information so that customer forget to claim there money??
3. Since I may not be the only person whose money has goes in bank's suspense account. There might be thousands of people. No-one can guess how much public money bank is keeping in their suspense account.
4. Why ICICI bank do not want to give this money back to owners even after knowing the full detail of the owners.
5. Why bank has made procedure of claiming this money so complicated and cumbersome. Why one has to go to ICICI branch to claim the money?? Why cann't one claim it filling a form online or through Phone Banking?? When everything could be done online, why this small thing can't be settled online. Anyone can doubt banks intensions on this issue.
6. I am requesting bank to update this information in my statement and internet banking but inspite of so many days ICICI bank has not done this. Becaues do not want to do this as they might be getting lot of money credited in their account under this pretext.
7. I even do not know what bank's policy is if customers forget to claim their money which you might have kept in suspense account. Since people are busy these days and many a times forget to see whether the cheque that they have deposited is credited in their account or not?
8. I have lodged complaints to all levels that is Level IV but now bank is not even replying my mails.
Is there any agency in India who can help me? Or we have no other option but live at the mercy of ICICI bank? I have all the mails kept safely with me that I have received from the bank for my records.
With Kind Regards,
P.K. Bhardwaj
Phone No. +[protected]

• ICICI Bank's response · Aug 21, 2009

Dear Mr. Sreekant,

Kindly write to us at [email protected] with your Personal Loan Account number and contact details.

We will be glad to assist you.

Nazia Sayeed
    Office of the Nodal Officer

• Resolution Statement

• Mi
    Milind Waghmare Aug 29, 2008

I had taken Home Loan from ICICI Bank Ltd. Which i completely paid in the month of November 2007. After paying the complete amount, the bank had not returned me the original agreement for sale till date. I have now approached the Consumer court for the redressal. I will appreciate if you guys take up my case. If required i will mail you the complete details of the case.

• Sr
    Sreekant S Aug 17, 2009

My Name is Sreekant Sreedharan and I availed a Personal Loan from ICICI Bank two years back. The ECS what I structured while availing the Personal Loan was with my savings account with ABN Amro. Now since I am changing my savings account from ABN Amro to HDFC Bank, I loyally called up ICICI Bank customer care for change of my ECS Structure. The reply what I got from the customer care is that they shall charge Rs. 552/-. I am still unable to understand the reason of implicating this charge.

Can anybody explain me the reason for this?

Sreekant

Chhaya Mohite Sep 18, 2009

Good Evening
    I m smita h chavada from baroda, I had worked in i-solutions providers india pvt ltd., under service provider of ICICI Bank Ltd, HH-ERV Dept, my employee ID 29831 and my PF numder is MH/94095/16776. I resigned my job 1st aug 2008 and i applied PF settlment forms wit my reliving...I complete All My Formalities Pls Give My All Receivable Amt. As Soon As Possible.

Yours Faithfully.
    Smita Chavada

delay in providing original documents

I took loan amounting to Rs. 2, 00, 000/- from ICICI for purchasing a plot in Ghaziabad. I paid the outstanding amount on 06.02.2008vide ICICI receipt no. [protected]. My loan Account No. was LBNOD00000656066. NOC only has been given to me. Despite many request Original documents is still in the custody of ICICI Bank. On making request, the Customer Care Executive assured me that all documents would be provided on 09.05.2008. When I reached the ICICI Sector-50, Noida Home loan office, they told me that the papers still in Mumbai. I request the ICICI Higher Executive to handover all my original papers related to my house (5/1590, Vasundhara, Gzb.)i.e. Original sale deed/allotment letter and other papers without any delay. My Mobile No. is [protected]. Thanks.

non receipt of monthly statements

To date 09 may 08
The manager
Icici cr cards

sub: - non receipt of monthly statements

I am (s lekha) holding icici cr card no [protected], since aug 07 I have not received any statements pertaining to my cr card account. whenever I received a call from your cc, I used to inform about my non receipt of statements, even after several requests there is no proper response from concerned department. I request your high office to kindly arrange the above said non receipt statements and forward the same to my mail id [protected]@rediffmail.com, as I was unable to keep track on my cr card account due to non receipt statements on many occasions, I failed to make my payments in time therefore I request the concern office to look in to the above subject and initiate immediate action failing which I should not be responsible for late payment deposits, it is not possible every month calling /verifying with cc about my dues, even I made my payments regularly according to my mobile alerts. kindly send all my future statements to my mail id to make my payments before the due date.

Thanking you s lekha

calls from loans recovery/collections

i am really very fed up with collection persons call from icicibank videocon tower branch.bank gave a car loan to a person Mr dilip marwah for santro car and the bank have my mobile number in their records. i am receiving these call by last one year. severel times i request to the callers to change this mobile number from thier records, i am using this number from 2002 and this is not a dilip marwah's number but they can't hear and there is no action taken by bank till today.

• Ha
    hairpuller Jan 28, 2011

Once I also visited icici bank videocon tower branch... the staff was really uncaring. Not willing to understand the problem and provide solution. My visit was totally in vain.. just wastage of time. Staff is sitting there because they have no other choice... staff has no wish to work or hear the customers. Incase one of staff is agree to help then other staff will not let him/her... very disgusting..

misbehaviour

I went to the R.N Mukherjee Road branch on 7/5/2008 to surrender a share certificate for dmat. But due to system down the guy at the counter (Counter No 9) refuse to take the papers. He misbehaved with me saying that wait until the system recovers. I requested him to recieve the docs and give me a reciept and the contact number or email id of that person that i could make an enquiry later whether the shares are dematerialised or not or any entry made. He not only refused to give me a reciept, telephone number, email id but also threw my docs over the desk and ask me to wait until the system recovers. Then i asked his name and he shouted on me. He said " My name is Sourav-Dmat desk-Counter No 9- R.N Mukherjee road branch. Do u want any other information?".
Please tell me how to submit those documents and how to lodge a complaint against that Mr Sourav.

• Ra
    RAJEEV MAHESHWARI Sep 01, 2008

Dear Manager,
    ICICI BANK LTD, RASOI BRANCH, 20, R N MUKHERJEE ROAD, KOLKATA

Thanks for the email from ICICI BANK LTD, Mumbai and my reply is as under.
    I am writing repeatedly again and again that ICICI Bank drawn draft for dividend was deposited in ICICI Bank Ltd., 20, R N Mukherjee Road, Kolkata
    [THE REGISTRAR HAd DEPOSITED BY SENDING PERSON DRAFT NO 619734 DRAWN ON ICICI BANK LTD, KOLKATA IN ICICI BANK LTD., RASOI COURT, 20, R N MUKHERJEE ROAD, KOLKATA ON 24 JULY 2008.] Registrar had taken the acknowledgment receipt and send the same to me. I am holding the same and send to the Branch to you.
    So what else do you expect from me, please check and reply.
    You are writing an email, please write to us through "Email us" option at www.icicibank.com. In my opinion if Level 3 complaint is not working what else will work, it is beyond my imagination.
    I am waiting for your reply.

RAJEEV MAHESHWARI
    JALAN SUKAHAJI NO 48
    BANDUNG 40152
    <[email protected]>

amount deducted without my concent

After subscribing ICICI credit Card i have received call from them saying that they will deduct my Reliance Phone bill directly through my credit card but before that i will receive Confirmation call from their side. I havent recive any Confirmation call from their side and after 2 months i have recived SMS that amount of RS.4200/- deducted from my credit card on account of bill Payment. Immidetly i call them and ask to reverse the payment and they have confirm that they have deleted the same from my account and they will reverse the payment next day again i have receive SMS that your request of Address change have been processed and now after 15 days i received bill of 4200/- from ICICI bank.

• On
    Onkar Singh Aug 18, 2008

Date: 18th Aug’08

To,
    The Manager,
    ICICI Bank,
    Jandewalan Extension,
    New Delhi – 110 001.

Sub:- Complain against ICICI executive’s misbehavior over the phone.

Respected Sir/Madam,

This letter is in reference to the complaint against the misbehavior of one of your executive over the phone. I am Onkar Singh and I have taken one Innova Car with private number DL4C-AE-4720 in July’2006 through ICICI bank in the name of my sister Ranjeet Kaur. I have been giving my installments on time on 10th of every month for more than last two years. And you have also given me one more loan because of the goodwill of this Car loan. You can even check my records with your bank in your statements. This month I was not in the city because of some important work and returned on 10th Aug’08 and next day i.e. 11th Aug’08 in morning I deposited my cheque in Cenra bank at Ganesh Nagar Branch. Moreover I had checked with the Canara Bank Branch Manager that if there is any ECS which has been bounced in Ranjeet Kaur’s name but there was no bounced ECS it was Sunday on 10th Aug’08.

Yesterday I got a call from one of your ICICI executive regarding the late payment of one day and he conversed in a very bad and offensive manner with me. He did not have the etiquettes that how to deal with the customers. Your executive has even told me that if you are not able to give the installment of bank then why you have taken this luxury car which is out of your status. He told me that we know how to take the money back from the customers and we’ll also take it from you and will not give you any NOC against this loan. He told me that now I have to give the penalty amount against the one day late payment. I also asked his name but he didn’t disclose me. He called up me from three different numbers i.e. 30716210/30716090/30716150. And, still I am getting his calls regarding the same.

I just want to know that is it the tendency of a reputed bank like ICICI to deal with it’s customers in the market. And, also this is to inform you that I am enough able to give your balance amount in a one shot. But, now I am not going to give you a single penny as a penalty. If you want I can give you the cheque against this installment via dated 10th Aug’08 on a condition that first you will provide me in written that you will not be charged any penalty amount as late fee.

I request you to kindly look into this issue and also suggest you to make your people well understand and educated that how to deal with Clients in the market or else it will put bad impact on your bank’s reputation and goodwill in the market.

I’ll wait for you reply and will appreciate your earliest revert on the same.

Onkar Singh
    Mb#9212614720
    Address: L-2/72,
    1st Floor, New Mahavir Nagar,
    New Delhi – 110 018.

• Fr
    FRANKLIN CAESAR THOMAS May 29, 2009

Greetings, my loan Account No: LIGBV00010387241, I had remitted my entire loan due in Jandewalan ICICI Bank. During that time, ICICI staff told that they could return back my entire documents and cheques to me by courier service. Till they have not sent back the entire old documents. On 29.05.2009 around 9.40 AM, I had given complaint to one Loan Banking Officer namely Mr. Deepak, he did not repond to me properly. Even he did not entertain my complaint. Please ask the branch to send back my old papers and cheques.

Thanks
    Delhi-110092
    Tel No: 011-22465445
    Mobile No: 9818805668

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices