ICICI Bank Ltdworst nri icici bank services

V Review updated:

Hi,

I am one of NRI customer for ICICI Bank Ltd, It is one of worst Bank and Bad Customer service, Even simple request like change of address, Check Book request etc they ask NRI customers to Old Papaer filled method by paying huge courier fee to send to Mumbai Office, It takes for weeks wheather they really updated these simple request or not . Whenever we call customer service they are worst they are not customer friendly, No user friendly interface of thier online banking, it is one of worst interface in the name of transaction id not able to update any customer profile. generally i recommand all fellow NRI friends don't open any accounts service with ICICI bank they loot money in the name of fee, no user friendly service also. please look other good services like SBI, HDFC, Citi NRI account services

• G1
    G1K1 Nov 21, 2021

I just wanted to update my phone number for my account which they had made dormant. They said I will have to come to the branch. I mentioned that I am abroad and cannot do that. So the only option they gave me was convert to NRI account, this can be done in 4-5 days. What a joke, I have been struggling for 2 months now and have sent them endless amount of document. Every morning I write to their customer care and next day they send me a response saying my issue has been 'resolved'. They sent me the first mail/post with only the check book. On raising the complaint, they sent NRE card, then NRO card. After all this, when I try to generate my online userID, it says my number is not registered with them. I am yet to come across this level of horrible banking experience in India or US. I just don't know what to do now, totally helpless !!!

• Pr
    Prao Aug 20, 2018

I am an NRI. Worst experience in ICICI bank. And since you are out of the country can't do anything but break your head on a wall. Really messed up my repatriation. It's been 2 month but still no resolution. As soon as you enter you are greeted by an officer. Asks straightaway to invest in their product. If you refuse then HE is rude. Guess he gets commission. The person who was processing my case went on leave for 20 days. Then came back from leave and said they cannot keep the documents for more than 1 month and couriered back. Is it my mistake if she went on leave for 20 days ? Asked for address sent to, no response from her. Sent email to manager, yet to receive response. Next time I come to India, I am closing all accounts with ICICI. I would give rating of -100. As of writing this, yet to receive response about money as well as documents.

Raghu B Jun 23, 2018

Needed to repatriate funds from India to US. The amount of documentation asked for by ICICI is INSANE to say the least. I have had suicidal thoughts going through their broken process. I curse myself for being born in India and having to deal with ICICI Bank. When I started the process 3 months ago, I was told simple documentation requirements including a form from my CA, source of funds (property sale deed), identity proof etc. In spite of providing all they asked for, they continue to ask for newer documents (property purchase deed, source of funds to purchase the property, receipts from builder, NOC from spouse, some triparty agreement, transaction details of every payment made and the list goes on). I have provided everything and they continue to ask for more in trickles. At one point I had to provide same set of documents thrice because I continued to receive canned emails with the same asks. Customer support is non competent but polite though the politeness doesn’t help. Finally caught hold of a supervisor who is being genuinely helpful but even he is unable to control the unending documentation requirements from their back office. Meanwhile exchange rate continues to become unfavorable and I am losing money. By the way, the original request form also expired so I need to work with my CA again to create a new one. Wonder what kind of leadership ICICI has and how they are able to run a private organization so pathetically.

Saurabh.thesuman Mar 28, 2018

ICICi bank has a pathetic NRI service and a very callous customer service. Please avoid. I have been trying and waiting for a call from bank to just get started with account conversion from resident to NRI. You ask them to call you at X hours, you get a call at Y hours and then you get a promise to get a call later, unfortunately it's an endless wait.

• Nr
    NRI_indian Jan 19, 2018

I am having so much trouble with ICICI NRI AC since it went dormant, Customer service are asking for numerous documents for no fault of mine. They classified the account as dormant and are trying to prevent me from taking my money out of the account using these procedural delays. Its an absolute SCAM and FRAUDULENT mindset of the bank. How do we complain about this back to RBI, can someone file a class action lawsuite to find out how many people it cheated.

• Ka
    karthik10 Nov 29, 2017

Really hate the IVR menu for NRI customers. Just after one wrong time entry of a/c no on phone, it says "You reached max limit of trying to contact us and disconnects the phone". such a crap bank, i have ever seen. i want to close my account. they are asking me to send 20 years back older method of writing letter to delhi. who in the current world needs a letter to be sent. what the hell are their IT systems doing? customer care is just some cry babies. they dont have any privilege of closing the accounts on verified customers on call.

• Ic
    icici-scams Jul 28, 2017

Do not know where to start complaining about this bank, as it is shameful to call this a bank. After getting tired of getting customer service for debit card, address change or even about unwanted charges levied on my account, multiple mtce charges in single month, multiple charges for issuing debit card, i finally went to branch to close the account, I was assured of closing account with reversal of charges and balance amount in bank to be sent to me by DD. But nothing came in, besides my mutual funds in demat accounts also missing, demat account also closed, These managers who lied to me and pocketed my money for themselves or for the bank. God knows why this bank is looting money from accounts ?

This bank is nothing more than a scam and shame for India. NO body even should go close to this bank . They equally cheat on NRI as well as for resident accounts. Took this matter to highest level. but standard reply and closure of complaint. Nothing came in even from highest escalation.

Steer clear of this bank and beware of cheating managers SARWAGYA UPADHYAA AND AMIT GOEL .

This bank is complete disaster, in another incidence in past, my son wasted 45 days to open NRI account, bank took 500$ and couldn't provide valid user id, password or internet banking even after several weeks, Debit card never worked, user id password were not linked, in all this account was just numbered but nothing existed, even the amount 500$ we gave was no where..
    Even the NRI manager had no clues who came to our place, we had to stop him at our place till they refunded our 500$. This bank is shame in banking industry on this globe. Shame less Chanda kochar never responded after we sent many tweets to her. Wonder how she is managing this [censor] bank. This bank needs to be shut down by rbi.

avoid this bank by all means. This is nothing more than an Indian scam.

• Lu
    Luckybhai May 15, 2017

RIdiculous services offered by a leading bank in India, i am requesting for just the list of document held by the bank against my home loan. They are asking me to come to the branch. I live in USA, I have mentioned this number of times but still same response they regret the inconvenience.
    if this the lack of empathy they show customers how will service levels improve from PSU to Private.
    Extremely frustrating and clearly shows the gaps in management and shop floor.

• Bo
    Bo. Apr 30, 2017

My NRI account with ICICI has been locked out for years. The reams of paperwork I sent to make the account operable have not even been acknowledged. The account is still dormant -- a status that the RBI designed to help customers, but the banks use to lockout customers from their own accounts. Their phone banking is a joke, an illustration of how you can have lots of people at work and still do nothing for the customer.

Without reservation, their customer service ranks as the worst among all the banks I have dealt with. They also deserve the highest marks on bureaucracy, incompetence, outdated modes and methods that make life unpleasant for the customer

On the rare occasions that I happen to visit their branch in India, the expectation is that I have to fall on their feet for them to provide any service to me -- for the simple mistake I made years ago by opening an account with their bank.

Save yourselves a lot of grief. Stay away from ICICI.

• Do
    dose Apr 17, 2017

I am trying to talk to some one in NRI customer service, worst experience. When you click on request call, you get miscall from them typical indian style, you get ring, but other side will not speak. When you call their 24X7 number there is no way you can speak with live person, it ask for account number and then something indian accent 4 digit, and it just says you exceeded maximum try and just hang up on you. Such a stupid service, I thought ICICI is better bank. Looks like they don't care about customer.

• Ta
    Tariq Ahmed Khan Feb 15, 2017

DEAR NRI CUSTOMERS,

It is to bring to your kind attention with great regret that ICICI money to world services failed to meet the expectations of professional services expected from a good banking institution. I end up wasting a lot of time over mobile inquiries, and mental stress/torture. We notice that customer care representatives are giving misleading information over the call center, and manager uses could/should reasons. There is no incidence or ticket open system from this bank.

- Account transaction done on 10th Feb. and still money not credited to my Bahrain account(As on 15/2/2017). When inquired, they are telling different stories from past 3 days- show the reason for transferring money, proof of relation-blood relations that brother sent(so, i attached my passport copy), next reasons are unknown to customer representatives such as sources, and it is negative attitude observed and not resolving the issue.

International money transaction are suppose to be credited in 1 working day in a professional manner with best competitive services. It is poor service observed never comparable to other international or reputed banks or reputed western union or money gram etc in this regard.
    Dear NRI friends, Kindly request to close your ICICI bank account or shift to good banking institution to avoid bad services. Also, Brother Fahad close the account and pass this information to mother Syeda Mohsina, using ICICI Bank account for more than 35 years, tell her incidence and to shift to other good banks in India. I don't want people suffer. I will also post online incidence if no action taken within 24 hours.

Regards,
    Tariq

• Ic
    icici sucks Sep 06, 2016

I am also an NRI customer of ICICI bank for its home loan services. This bank is literally a waste . I did not know before borrowing loan from them. I borrowed only 90% of approved home loan and I paid the remaining 10% of funds form my personal savings. In order to get the paper work clear for this transaction where I do not need the remaining disbursement form ICICI bank, I have been trying to get connected with the so called Relationship manager. This person keeps promising me that he will send me some form that I need to fill in and ship it back to the original branch office where I got the loan from. But the pathetic lunatic has never sent me any form after I have requested him more than 20 times. Is there anybody out there who is struggling with similar issue with ICICI bank?

nodefeat Aug 11, 2016

I had called customer service multiple times between 7 PM to 11.40PM EST ( USA ) to pay the EMI ( loan department). When I called first time, the answer was due to high call volume, we are not able to answer your call and asked me to call back. After 2 hours, i called again and got the same answer. I connected bank accounts and representative came and she told me that there is only one representative at this time and asked me to call back after some time. It was already midnight here in USA and she is asking to call back. The customer service is worst and sucks.

• Di
    disappointed_customer_55 Jul 28, 2016

WORST ATTITUDE EVER!
    Every person has a different response to a question, I tried calling many times, and all the do is provide wrong information. Worst bank customer service ever. I called a representative, and she was super rude. When I told her to connect to the manager please (being as kind as possible), she cut the call on purpose. The emails don't get replied even after 3 days. No way to track who you are talking to, or what state. did the worst mistake of creating an account in this bank. They are not FIT FOR NRI CUSOTMERS.

• Bu
    Buffalonian May 18, 2016

I live in Buffalo, NY, USA and opened an NRI ICICI BANK Account in 2012. In 2013, I had a very bad experience of being trapped to buy an ICICI Bank Prudential Life Insurance policy that I could not get rid off despite of multiple requests and efforts to cancel it. I almost lost 1 lakh rupees that I have no hope of getting even after 5 years. My recent bad experience happened just 2 days ago on May 16, 2016 when I observed multiple penalty charges on my NRE and NRO accounts. When I contacted the customer service about the charges, I was told that you are not maintaining the minimum required average balance in my saving accounts. I said ok, please downgrade my account from NRE Premium to NRE Pro, I want to avoid these charges. The customer service people have been trained to stop you and harass you from downgrading the account on line. I was told that you have to download the form from the internet, fill it out, get it signed by all joint account holders and send the application to Mumbai office along with your copies of the passport. I said that I never requested to upgrade my account in the first place, I was asked by one of your staff members to upgrade it because i was maintaining good amount of money in my accounts. I never benefitted of any of our Premium package and privileges that come with this account. Now, why are you harassing me not being able to downgrade this account from premium to Pro, so that I don't have to pay the penalties. But, it seems that ICICI BANK don't care of their customers and just want to loot and rip you off by these extra penalties. It is really a bad experience that I had not expected from ICICI BANK. One more horror thing that I found is that ICICI bank is no longer including my FCNR accounts in US dollars as a part of total investment under one customer ID. They just count of Indian currency in their minimum average Balance. And I should maintain 5 lakhs in savings account or 25 lakhs in total investment excluding foreign currency accounts, What a joke and hypocrisy? They just changed this rule this year, because when they upgraded my account to Premium I never had 25 lakhs in Indian rupees. It seems that they trap you and then fleece you off. God save me from their trap. It is becoming such a nightmare! BEWARE my friends of ICICI bank!

Santee Apr 26, 2016

ICICI NRI services are really abusive...Yes.. I used the word abusive and I mean it. Their customer support has an attitude of "I don't care"... do whatever you want. I had a simple request to close my high value FD which they did but never transferred my funds in my saving account. The FD status was put as Overdue and remained like that for 4 months. When I checked about my funds they kept on telling me that the status shows "Overdue" (which I can also see) but could never told why it is in that status. Every time my request was closed. If you check online status of your request.. it simply says..we can't provide status online.. call customer care..(I believe this is for CYA)... I called call center multiple times and was committed a call back from manager which I never received. Finally one day I told that I will hold as long as I need to so that I can talk to a manager. Finally I got Mary D on call.. she was nice and told that she don't see any reason why my account should be in overdue status. I asked her to renew my FD from back date so that I don't loose on huge interest. She opened a service request and told me that she will get an approval from business team and update me. Two days passed... again the service request is closed with a comment "Can't provide the status onilne..call customer case". So far I have spent numerous late night hours talking to useless customer case but no resolution. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ICICI BANK.THEY ARE TOO BIG TO CARE FOR ANYTHING. PATHETIC SERVICE AND BANKING I am sure that day is not far when some hungry lion will eat this dancing elephant.

• Na
    Navi_math Nov 30, 2015

I wish i red this blog before i opened an account with icici and could have saved myself dealing with pathetic customer services and all false statements.

• Ve
    Venkat Subramanian Sep 28, 2015

I was very much impressed on the Cheif lady managing the ICICI bank. But unfortunate, they are really not addressing the issue for more than 3 months, just simple NRI account opening, and trying to hide the inefficiency of their team. Though it was addressed to their Cheif Ms Chadda Kochar, they are dragging the issue for more than 3 months. Very poor response. Such a worst culture. Pathetic service,

• Si
    SickOfICICI Dec 15, 2014

ICICI Customer care is pathetic - joke as everyone has put above. I have placed request to update my telephone num at least 3 times in the past - and they still struggle to get it right. They have managed to screw up the num on their own and are not ready to tell me the entire number (last 5 digits dont make any sense as i have never used it). For updating the telephone num, again a long process. Getting OTP - it took 1 hour today before i could transact online. customer service is worst ...they repeat their sentences as if we are hard of hearing - its not possible sir - sorry its not our policy sir - Sorry its for your security sir.
    Finally, wanted to close my account and was told to visit home branch. Being an NRI living in London, visiting a branch in India is not an option - unless ICICI funds it. I said i will be able to visit in 2016, until then i want debit card fees to be waived off and no quarterly avg balance requirement to be imposed - sorry sir - thats not possible. Heck with them - that's possible i am sure.

• Ke
    Ken77 Dec 09, 2014

Am horrified at the NRI banking and the kind of support even the Bank Manager provides, for getting FDs they will chase you all the time but to solve simple issues like fund transfer they will stop taking your calls and take their own sweet time while the customer suffers!!! Please do not open your NRI banking with ICICI, go for Kotak or one of the newer banks instead!!! PATHETIC

• Mr
    Mreddyt9 Sep 24, 2014

I had the same experience when opening account.. Departments were isolated. None have information of my file and status.. It took almost a month and half to activate .. They always give timeline as ASAP. I didnt understood, what is ASAP for them? They just read script given to them.. Even leads and managers.. They don't have any knowledge providing options.. I have closed account after a week of activated.. Never go with any icici product again ever in life..

• Di
    divsu Jul 04, 2014

I am also a NRI account holder for ICICI and agree to all the people. ICICI is the worst bank for NRI services. They have their own remittances charges and have no logic in applying for deduction. Never do a high value transaction with ICICI bank they charge double deductions then the normal banks such as SBI.
    Their customer care is the worst, who is not interested in replying to your queries sent via their website. They have a option of NRI contact where they say they will call back in 5 minutes. Its been a month and I have not received any call from them. They provide no logical explanation for the transaction deductions nor answer any queries.

Worst bank for NRI services. I am thinking of closing my account with ICICI bank.

Rajeev Soni Jul 04, 2014

I would like to let everyone know that ICICI bank can tellany lie to get the business from NRI clients. I visited India in January 2014and approached bank to find out if I can get a home loan. They said YES I can aloan. I submitted all the relevant documents. They send me an email confirming myloan was approved. After that I finalized the property and gave the 25% advanceto the builder. After that I returned back to Melbourne. Now it’s been 6 months and my loan is notstill finalized. I asked if you sanctioned the loan then what is stopping to dispersethe money to builder. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    They told that load is approved but cannot pay to thebuilder as needed few more documents. In the mean time they took out money Rs28500 from my account towards the loan fees (without my authority).
    I called them and wanted to cancel my Loan and put the moneyback into my account and I am still waiting for my money.
    I tried to contact branch via email and phones. Branch manageris least bothered to reply my emails or respond to my phone calls.
    ON TOP OF IT:- while I was in process of applying my homeloan. Someone from bank came to my home and forcefully advised to take outICICI prudential life insurance. They took a cheque from me for RS 2 lacks. Whichwas cleared the next day. They advisedit will go for 5 years but if I want to stop anytime I can. And if I stop theywill refund my money with 4%intrest. Now after the bad experience with my homeloan I want to cancel the policy and they says if I cancel they will not refundthe money and if they do there is cancellation fees.
    I live in Australia and I am not able to find out the way tosort out my issues.
    It is really frustrating dealing with this bank.
    I highly recommend everyone to close the account with thisbank.
    I am taking initiative to do it then why can’t you…

Rajeev Soni Jul 04, 2014

I would like to let everyone know that ICICI bank can tell any lie to get the business from NRI clients. I visited India in January 2014 and approached bank to find out if I can get a home loan. They said YES I can a loan. I submitted all the relevant documents. They send me an email confirming my loan was approved. After that I finalized the property and gave the 25% advance to the builder. After that I returned back to Melbourne. Now it’s been 6 months and my loan is not still finalized. I asked if you sanctioned the loan then what is stopping to disperse the money to builder. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
    They told that load is approved but cannot pay to the builder as needed few more documents. In the mean time they took out money Rs28500 from my account towards the loan fees (without my authority).
    I called them and wanted to cancel my Loan and put the money back into my account and I am still waiting for my money.
    I tried to contact branch via email and phones. Branch manager is least bothered to reply my emails or respond to my phone calls.
    ON TOP OF IT:- while I was in process of applying my home loan. Someone from bank came to my home and forcefully advised to take out ICICI prudential life insurance. They took a cheque from me for RS 2 lacks. Which was cleared the next day. They advised it will go for 5 years but if I want to stop anytime I can. And if I stop they will refund my money with 4% interest . Now after the bad experience with my home loan I want to cancel the policy and they says if I cancel they will not refund the money and if they do there is cancellation fees.
    I live in Australia and I am not able to find out the way to sort out my issues.
    It is really frustrating dealing with this bank.
    I highly recommend everyone to close the account with this bank.
    I am taking initiative to do it then why can’t you…

• Hm
    HM1985 May 06, 2014

I have been trying to open NRI account from last 2 months . These people dont respond at all to the emails . When call to 24-hr customer customer care, they will say someone from NRI dept will get in touch and don't resolve any query on the spot . NRI dept never call on specified time . Also their calls only rings for 3-4 secs . It is very high probability that I may miss the call . and they never attempt to call back again . They never give their call back number . It is 2 months now and still my account haven't been opened . They have kept in pending "Lien Amount" . I have been keep tired asking about it and no one is able to explain me what is that . It took more than 2 weeks to schedule a DHL pick up . I live in 3rd larget city in the USA at downtown not at far location . still 2 weeks for schedule a pick up . I had to call and email several times to schedule a pick up. They never told on what address I need to send the docs . and DHL person came and asking me the address of where to send the docs and I called to NRI services when DHL person waiting, they told that someone from NRI services will get back to you soon . DHL person waited for 40 mins and finally I asked hom to leave . I got the call next day . so pathetic . There are more words to say but my fingers tired writing ...

• Se
    semiprecious.com Feb 03, 2014

I meant 'without my permission'

• Se
    semiprecious.com Feb 03, 2014

I can not believe how blatantly corrupt they are. I opened an account in Alaknanda New Delhi Branch, I opened an NRE account with 435 USD, they sent two boys to my house, took $440, they now say they took $435, ok, fine, on top of that, when I got to the US and logged in to the account, I see no money in the account. I call, they tell me it takes 7 business days. Fine. I get another package in the mail by DHL, it has ANOTHER bank account check, it is a different account than the one I opened!? I log in - and I do see two accounts now, the new one has Rs 25, 800, which is only 59/USD, when it is supposed to be 62, or at least 61, the account was opened Jan 27th, 2014. Aah, I see what they did, they took the $435 USD, exchanged it in the black market at 62, opened an NRO, yes NRO account, the second one is an NRO account - which takes currency in Indian Rupees, so they could deposit what ever amount they wanted and tell me what ever rate they wanted, ie 59. NO WAY! I am going to get to the bottom of this and get the exchange rate I was supposed to get the day the account got active, and I am going to write this complaint in all forums. DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT with ICICI! Trust me, this reflects a major issue with the culture and ethics of this organization. The bank manager was pushy and wanted to open two accounts, one for my wife and one for me, they get some credit/incentive/bonus/travel package or something for opening accounts, which is OK, but man, NO Is NO, he asked me like 5 times. And then he did it anyway, he opened an NRO account with my permission, so he could make a small amount by cheating me on the conversion, but done illegally, hence the complaint.

• Dh
    Dharmik Thakkar Jan 24, 2014

BE AWARE ALL NRI - DO NOT OPEN NRE OR NRO ACCOUNT WITH ICICI BANK. 100% FRAUD. AND WHEN YOU COMPLAIN NO BODY WILL REPLY. I SEND LOTS OF EMAIL TO CHNADA KOCHHAR AS WELL . AFTER 20 DAYS I GOT CALL FROM MD'S OFFICE AND SAID I DONT HAVE WORD TO SAY, WHY ICICI BANK USED MY FUNDS WITH OUT MY PERMISSION. EVEN THOUGH HAVE GIVEN FD CLOSER FORM HAND WRITTEN.

• Am
    amitav roy Dec 28, 2013

HI
    I am a seafarer and I had opened an NRE account on 19/12/2013 and now suddenly yesterday when I logged into internet banking I found that a separate NRO account is also opened in my name without my knowledge. Now I found that to close that useless NRO account I have to pay 500Rs. This is the inconvenience I have faced within few days of opening an account in ICICI Nri services, what else I could expect.
    Why I would need a NRO account if I already have a SBI INR savings bank account.

• Ku
    Kumar_raj11 Nov 26, 2013

Worst NRI services, Main problem is with their phone banking officers as they don't know anything when you raise a problem. Dear ICICI Bank..please do not provide the toll free numbers if they are not able to help and finally we have to write an email for the issue. I am facing an error message since last 3 days and no one is replying on email. Fed up with their services, No superviser is looking the issues. Fed-up and going to use other bank services. Its Enough...

• Pr
    Pradeep T Jul 01, 2013

I have triggered a transaction to convert 4800 GBP to INR using ICICI Money to India.
    They were holding my money for 15 days and telling some stupid reasons they gave money back to my UK account after troubling me a lot.
    My loan account in India was due and I couldn't pay that on time because of ICICI.
    Because of all these troubles I have undergone, ICICI offered £ 50.00 and additional 20 paisa more on rate to me on my next transaction.
    Later again I transferred 4800 and they converted with very less rate. Less than Rs 2.50 from XE rate. Moreover I have not got the £50 and the additional rate of 20 paisa.
    They will put a good rate in the website to attract the customers, and when they do the conversion, they will reduce the rate in the site and will apply only that rate.
    Do not trust ICICI. I have been using ICICI money to India in last 5 years and I had a big loss and will never use it again.
    Only on my last transaction I lost Rs. 14300. Please can someone please advise, how I need to take this forward.
    Pradeep T
    [email protected]

• Pi
    PIYUSH TAMRAKAR Jun 23, 2013

I have a ICICI account an today i found about 20, 000 Rs of fake transaction from my account.. when i called customer service they blocked my card but they are not ready to return me the money. They want me to go to India and log a FIR. worst service ever.. Anyone has any suggestions?

Rajagopala Mar 06, 2013

This bank is one of the worst bank! I am struggling to make one simple online fund transfer, their system simple do not work, even they can't track the transaction number generated from their system! If their system is so stupid, how can we trust they keep our money safe. I have reached customer service several time and try to make the transfers as they direct, the result "we can't process your request, please try later". This happened all the time and I was not able to make the transaction at all. After several failed attempts, they said I have to talk to recipient bank to fix this, this is crazy..
    After all these frustration, next day, for each failed service, you get a call to take customers satisfaction survey..perhaps they have to work to make their system workable than putting flashy add in their website and paying useless customer service team.
    Worst bank ever!!!

• Bh
    BHAVP Jan 03, 2013

ICICI BANK IS EXTREMELY BAD AND TAKES PLEASURE IN ROBBING NRI CUSTOMERS!!! THEY ALSO FEED FLASE INFORMATION AND TELL LIES!! UPON OPENING UP MY NRO ACCOUNT IT WAS SAID THAT I HAD TO SEND DOCCUMENTS AND A CHEQUE TO MUMBAI. I SPOKE TO AN ADVISOR WHO SAID THAT HE WOULD ARRANGE A COURIER SERVICE TO MUMBAI FROM MY UK ADDRESS. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HIM WHETHER THIS SERVICE WOULD BE FREE OF CHARGE AND ARRANGE BY ICICI BANK WHICH HE ASSURED ME IT WAS. HOWEVER I TODAY RECIEVED A BILL FOR THIS COURIER SERVICE TO MUMBAI FOR £58!!! AND EVEN MORE AMAZING WAS THAT THE BILL WAS SENT TO MUMBAI BUT THEY HAD THE CHEEK TO FORWARD IT TO ME IN THE UK!!! I HAVE SENT MANY EMAIL REQUESTING A CALL BACK BUT HAVE NOT RECIEVED A RESPONSE. LET ME TELL YOU I AM NOT GOING TO PAY THIS BILL AND I HAVE NOT WORRIES ABOUT TAKING THIS MATTER HIGHER SO GIVE ME A CALL BACK SO THIS CAN BE SORTED OUT!!

Satyendra Brussels Aug 19, 2012

Thanks for opening up this valid complaint board!
    I agree with most of the comments and complaints for this private bank - ICICI India Limited.
    1. Their application to repatriate money bank to foreign country ( from FCNR / NRE accounts) - does not work. So, what does it mean, you put your money to the bank - and when you need it, they need all the crap details.
    Customer service on 19th August 2012 - responds that they will reply by August 25th !!
    2. They'll charge you multiple time. I was amazed to see my previous bank statements that 2 times in a year they were charging for card. NRI's will never find any bank worst than this one.
    3. Money2India: If you forget to check your bank credit amounts, there is a great possibility - the money will not be credited to your bank account automatically.
    4. Customer service: is a joke
    5. icicidirect.com : my cheque is lost or missed (intentionally??)
    6. people who call you from some numbers, need your personal details. they may even approach you for the jobs overseas.

If this is your hard-earned money - and that you want to see it worked - keep yourself away from ICICI bank.. Online service, banking platforms which it seems - won't work when you need it.

National banks like State bank of India is best choice where you wont get any surprises!!!

Keep away from ICICI - best alternative is State bank of India.

Satyendra - Brussels

• Ak
    AK1776 Aug 09, 2012

Strongly agree with the sorry and pathetic state of affairs with ICICI bank. It is shame that a multinational bank has this standard.
    I challenge any of the ICICI officials to use there website and customer service and tell how they feel.
    THIS BANK SUCKS BIG TIME
    I curse the day I opened an account with them.

Sanjay Sawanth May 21, 2012

worst and third class bank

• Bh
    bharat mehta Sep 19, 2011

most worst bank.. i have dealt with...don't open account with this bank..

• Bg
    BGOPAL Jun 28, 2011

BEWARE NRI CUSTOMERS !!! IF YOU SEND REMITTANCE TO INDIA TO ICICI BANK ACCOUNT BANK CONVERTS YOUR DOLLARS INTO RUPEE AT " CARD RATE " WHICH IS NORMALLY GIVEN TO TOURISTS WALKING IN TO ENCASH FEW DOLLARS! THIS CRAD RATE IS NOT A REAL EXCHANGE RATE BANK NORMALLY GIVES TO TRADE CLIENTS . THE DIFFERENCE IS MORE THAN 100 PAISE ! WHICH MEANS BANK MAKESA COOL 10000 RUPEES EXTRA PROFIT ON A USG 10000 REMITTANCE YOU MAKE .SO BEWARE. THEY ARE MAKING A FOOL OUT OF GULLIBLE AND IGNORANT NRIS. YOU ARE GETTING A RAW DEAL. IT IS HIGH TIME THAT RBI OR SOME REGULATOR STEP IN TO REIGN IN BANKS INDULGING IN THIS SORT OF UNETHICAL UNDUE ENRICHMENT ROBBING NRIS OF THEIR HARD EARNINGS THEY REPATRIATE TO INDIA.THERE SHOULD BE SOME NORMS AND BANK SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE SUCH HEFTY PROFITS IN A SECRETIVE MANNER .SO NEXT TIME YOU SEND REMITTANCE TO INDIA CHECK RATES THEY OFFER AND DONT SETTLE FOR THE CARD RATE . CHECK OUT FOR REAL RATES IN WWW.XE.COM FOR DIFFERENT CURRENCY CONVERSION WHERE YOU GET INTERBANK RATES AND BASED ON THIS BANK NORMALLY KEEP A SPREAD ( MARGIN) OF SAY MAXIMUM OF 10 PAISE ON A DOLLAR AND NOT 100 PAISE !! IF YOU FIND THEY HAVE SHORT-CHANGED YOU, GO AND COMPLAIN. OR CHECK OUT WITH THEM THEM BEFORE HAND WHAT RATE AND WHAT SPREAD ( MARGIN) THEY WILL KEEP OVER THIS INTERNABK RATE > BETTER BE AN INFORMED CUSTOMER OTHERWISE BANKS THESE DAYS ARE ONLY SUCKING THE DEPOSITORS TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR BAD DEBT WRITE-OFF LOSSES BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT RECOVER FROMN BORROWERS, SO THEY HAVE DEPOSITORS LIKE US TO SHORTCHANGE AND MAKE UP THEIR LOSSES.

• Ya
    YashwantSingh May 23, 2011

ICICI SERVICES ARE REALLY JOKE... ESPECIALLY GPCERM... THEY ASSIGN A RELATIONSHIP MANAGER TO NRI CUSTOMERS WHICH IS THE WORST THING COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE... BECAUSE NOW YOU ARE STUCK WITH ONE PERSON WHO WILL GIVE YOU SERVICE AT HIS/HER OWN TERMS...
    JUST WROTE FOLLOWING MAIL TO MY RELATIONSHIP MANAGER...
    This was really a joke. You have my transaction under process since the date on your this email. Which is May 10th. Today is is May 23rd. You havent goddam even gave me a call...and you are calling yourself my relationship manager... I have sent 4 emails in this time period...
    I am better off not have any body my relation ship manager... that would be better... When there is an action to do, , , I am noticing zero performance...
    I can get better performance by calling 1866-ICICI4U. GPCERM IS A SHAME TO BE IN... I NEVER LIKE TO DEAL WITH SUCH DEPARTMENT

IS THIS BANK GOT ANY RULES / REGULATIONS OR ANYTHING FOR THE SAKE OF QUALITY...
    QUALITY. OR THERE IS ONLY FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION FRUSTRATION
    FRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATION FRUSTRATIONFRUSTRATION