Menu
Home Depot
reviews & complaints

Home Depot
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1826 complaints
222 resolved 1604 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Home Depot. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Home Depot - Motor went out in a 5 month old hotpoint gas dryer

Hotpoint gas dryer went out on a 5 month old Hotpoint dryer on 11-26-21 and it still has not been repaired. The repair company Aadams in Youngstown OH never showed for 3 appts and when they finally came out they said the motor was out. They have not made any effort to expedite anything either by Home Depot or Aadams repair. As of today Dec 16th there is still no resolution. My mom is 84 and feels slighted by everyone and they are just pushing her aside. I have called Home Depot in Hermitage PA endless times and also the Aadams repair (they don't care at all and are rude). I want a new gas dryer for my mom ASAP!
Customer service used to mean something to corporate America but not now!

Desired outcome: NEW GAS DRYER

P
3:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I always supported Home Depot; that is until about 2 weeks ago when my contractor called to tell me that he couldn't leave to get a part he needed because he and his crew had been waiting all day for the scheduled carpet delivery, which never came. No phone call, nothing. Unfortunately, he fell for the same trick last week with the, "rescheduled delivery...

J
4:42 pm

Home Depot - Rheem Electric Water Heater

On 12/13/2021 I bought a brand new 50 Rheem Electric Water Heater. The licensed plumber took out my old water heater and proceeded to install the new Rheem WH according to the instructions.
After the plumber was done and water turned on it leaked from the top outlet of the hot water pipe from the tank and the top electrical heating element.
He shut off the water and electrical and retightened all couplings...etc.
When we turned on the water it leaked more from 2 sites again.
It took 2-3 hrs. to take out the old WH and repipe and install the new Rheem.
We then called customer service at Home Depot, who referred us to Rheem.
We called Rheem who then gave us a receipt number to bring back the defective Rheem to Home Depot. It took us another 30 minutes to take out and disconnect and drain the Rheem.
I brought back the Rheem to Home Depot. I then purchased another brand of Electric Water Heater. Brought it home. The plumber had to refit the plumbing to this new (2nd) Electric water heater. It took him another hour to refit the 2nd water heater. After two hours of extra work, refilling and checking for leaks...the 2nd water heater worked fine.

It cost me an additional $300 for the plumber to disconnect the 1st defective Rheem and install the 2nd new water heater. It took us 4-5 hrs. to complete this simple procedure, which should only take 1-2 hrs.
I explained to the store associate my situation (as described above) and asked the Home Depot associate for a special consideration for a store credit or gift card for the additional $300 which I needlessly spent to install and remove the defective Rheem. I thought this was fair. The associate called the store manager, who stated that since they did not install the 1st Rheem, it was not their fault and would not consider a gift card at all.

I am requesting from this corporate level, for a consideration of a Home Depot gift card in the amount of $300 for the time and expenses that I had to pay for the Home Depot's defective water heater. I think that this is far and an appropriate corporate consideration. I am a retire military veteran on a fixed social security income and cannot afford this extra expense.

#3609 00007 93042 12/13/21 2:52pm

Thank you for your consideration on this issue.
John Murrisky
(910) 798-4948
Wilmington, NC

Desired outcome: To receive a Home Depot gfit card in the amount of $300.00

2:01 pm

Home Depot - Asurion Protection plan

I purchased an LG washer/dryer as well as a Kitchen suite from Home Depot back in 11/19. Due to an extreme back order none of my appliances were delivered until 02/20. At the time of purchase, I also paid for the Home Depot Protection Plan. On 8/2/2021, I contacted the protection plan regarding my fridge not making ice. I was given a service request # of 1634889202. A local tech was sent out to look at my appliance while I was at work, but told my teenage son he would order the part and come back. He called back a few weeks later and told me he could not get the part and that he had notified the company they would need to replace the fridge. On 11/23/2021, I contacted the protection plan once again this time because of my washer being broken inside during the spin cycle. At that time I inquired about my fridge which still had yet to be repaired/replaced. He then proceeded to delete the old claim and start new one. He scheduled an appt for 11/26/2021 to have a tech come out and repair my appliances. I waited all day and no one showed up. I have been on the phone for the last 120 minutes with the Home Depot Protection Plan, who then transferred me to LG, who then continued to transfer me to another rep...only to be hung up on. I attempted via chat and was only given info on my fridge stating "The service request for the refrigerator under the case# CNN211123359486 is being checked by our scheduling team". When I asked about my washer I was told "For this, please call the Hotline and asked to be transferred to the correct Department. 1-800-243-0000 ; Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm CST". Which is the same # I had been bounced around for hours this morning. No one wants to take responsibility and honor my warranty and repair my appliances.
I have had multiple phone calls since with both LG as well Asurion, and each time the rep blows me off and tells me to wait a few more days.

Desired outcome: repair or replace my washer

11:49 am

Home Depot - HVAC ARS Cleaning

Scheduled a cleaning with ARS through HD & the tech tried to tell me I had a cracked Heat Exchanger, showed me a picture and told me I need a new furnace and should buy it tonight because the price goes up the next day RED FLAG he even scheduled someone to come to sell me the new furnace. I asked him to send me the picture of the crack he said he did not know how to use the phone & told me I can take a picture of his phone with my phone, RED FLAG. I called a second company out within an hour & it cost me $105 to be told I have no crack in my furnace. They took the furnace apart which the ARS tech did not take one thing apart. I have pictures of the second company doing the inspection, and of the parts they took out. I have filed a complaint with ARS, will be going on social media to announce this and will be calling a news station to report on this fraud. Shame on Home Depot for working with these crooks

Desired outcome: End your relationship with ARS

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I cannot find a customer care email, therefore I am writing to you: my name is Paul Werczberger I purchased a'Boyel Living 0.8 GPF /1.28 GPF Dual Flush Ceramic Bowl Square Elongated 1-Piece Toilet Bowl' on April 8, 2021 (Order# WJ33457998). The merchandise arrived broken. Home Depot replaced it promptly, thank you! Second identical toilet bowl wa...

View 0 more photos

Home Depot - Citibank consumer card - payment misapplication

I am a senior citizen and have a hd consumer credit card that i recently paid in full, i also have a home depot project credit card in which i intended to pay in full as well. I inadverdently mailed both payoff checks to citi and have proof that they both cleared the bank with citi. The problem is the check #5275 iao $2266.21 that shold have gone to greensky has been cashed by citi and now tht money is missing, citi has no record of this payment that was clearly deposited by them. I need help immediately.

Desired outcome: REFUND OF OVERPAYMENT $2266.21

E
11:26 am

Home Depot - carpet installation

Nov.11, 2021-I went to Home Depot at 825 East Dundee Rd. Palatine, IL 60074 to order carpet.
Nov. 15, 2021- floor measurement was done
Nov.17, 2021- I paid in full the carpet to be installed ORDER ID : H1927-202221
Nov. 18, 2021- Superior contractor called and left a message
Nov. 18, 2021- I returned the call( recording - voice mail)and said Dec.6, 2021-
to install. I made it clear to return my call to confirm.
Nov.20, 2021-I called again (847-806-9900- Superior contractor given by Home
Depot customer service. Voicemail. I left a message to return
call and confirm Dec. 6, 2021 installation
Nov. 29, 2021- I went in person to Home Depot ( same address) as above.
I was told to call and follow up.
Dec. 3, 2021- I called Home Depot (Florence) and told me she would leave a
note to customer service to call in the AM.
Dec. 4, I went in person at Home Depot. The man (Tom) says sometimes, they just come. Just wait for their (Superior ) call in the morning on Monday- Dec. 6, 2021
Dec. 6, 2021- 8:30AM- no call from Superior. I called and was able to talk to a live person.I was told Dec.28, 2021 is the soonest they can install.

I called Home Depot to send me an email about what Superior said (installation date). They did send me one.

Please understand my situation. I am dealing with another family to move into the condo before Christmas (Dec. 15, 2021) .
Why they cannot communicate in a timely manner?
Please be considerate enough to all parties affected by irresponsible and inconsiderate acts. Calling /email to communicate will not consume too much time. The domino effect of this situation is very disappointing and stressful.
Is Superior the only carpet installer Home Depot is dealing with?
Please understand my situation.

Thank you for your immediate action.
Edie Aquino ([email protected]

Desired outcome: Install the carpet before Dec. 15,2021

C
2:28 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Home Depot - Asurion extended warranty.

I have been TRYING to get service under my protection plan for nearly a month. Every time I send the info they want, they say they never got it, or it was "invalid". Every time I try calling, I get a person who does not speak English well, and/or the phone connection is poor to non existent.

I am done trying to get my product fixed under this plan. I have resorted to filing a complaint with the BBB, and you. At this point, I am more than fed up with a contract I paid for, that Asurion is trying to back out of. I requested a tech be sent to the house to fix my electric fireplace, because it is rather large, and I cannot ship it to them.

Desired outcome: fix my product or send me a new one.

View 0 more photos
B

Home Depot - Whirlpool refrigerator

I purchased a new refrigerator from Home Depot, it ran for 1 day and quit working, a repair guy came out and looked at it after waiting a week and said it should be replaced. So I called again and they said they would contact me to replace it waiting another week and no one called, I called again and was told the repair company got the part and was going to repair it, the same company that said it should be replaced, now I'm waiting another week. It was an 2300 dollar refrigerator and has never had anything in it. Setting in my kitchen for over 3 weeks. Home Depot and Whirlpool have done nothing.

Desired outcome: Replace it

1 comment
S
Dec 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

had the same thing happen to me...Whirlpool took care of it within a week...didnt even mess with HD

A

Jul. 31, 2021

Your Order Questions about your order? Call the store at (561)683-7221

Customer Service Agreement

Pickup in Store Items
We'll send you a pickup notification when your items are ready in the store. Most items will be available within two hours; however items requiring assembly may take longer. Please wait until you receive a ready for pickup notification before coming to the store.
Pickup Store Pickup Date

Store SKU # 318967 $24.97 1 $24.97
S/O FR TEXTURE PREHUNG 14D
Store SKU # 348451 $634.00 1 $634.00

Installations
You will receive a phone call from the installer confirming the date and time of your appointment.
Installation Address

See Order Details

Desired outcome: Get my door installed 5 months is way to long

S
12:27 pm

Home Depot - Bad attitude abd customer service. Making me cut my own wood because they are lazy

l went to a local Home Depot and needed some wood cut. l was told by the associate to cut my own wood as he slowly moved around not caring. After cutting the wood with no assistance l went to cash out and there was a lady that barely spoke English cashing me out and we were not understanding each so she got another associate to help. He was extremely rude and l made sure to let him know that and that l was filing a complaint. If l had assistance cutting the wood and answering my questions this could have been avoided. Not only was this embarrassing to begin with he had to add in his 2 cents and be rude. l figured l would contact Home Depot gift before making a complaint above the company. l don't like getting cuts and slivers on my hands and fingers and then getting attitude from associates. Not a good look for your company.

Desired outcome: Gift card

B
5:02 pm

Home Depot - Credit card services

This is the worst card I have ever had, I bought a stove and fridge for the amount of 4000.00 4 years later I still owe 3725300 what the hell, 85.00 intrest each month. I guess I will just not pay them they got their money on interest. I am 65 and not much time left for me. I called to see if they would lower the 27.99% interest rate...Nope. It was a dumb move on my part but I needed appliances they really suck you in!

Desired outcome: Nope

I
8:57 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello again! It has now been a week since Home Depot, a company that is proud to serve mostly patriots and veterans, decided to keep a rule that has been scientifically proven not to work. Our veterans did not serve this great country to see their freedoms thrown away for the sake of a public health scare. In fact, it only makes COVID numbers go up and...

W
2:57 pm

Home Depot - Home appliance delivery service

I purchased a Refrigerator (order #H0725-174606) at your Hickory hill Memphis tn. location on 10/30/2021 with a delivery date of 11/18/2021. I received a call from Home depot delivery service that the refrigerator would be delivered between 1:30PM and 5:30 PM and I would receive a call 30 Min. prior to delivery. We cleaned out our old refrigerator and put everything in ice chest and waited for the delivery call.{ NO CALL AND NO SHOW} I called your customer service number the following day, they said they would contact the delivery driver. They called me back and told me my delivery date had been change to 12/1/2021. No one notified me of this change I spent my whole day waiting for a delivery that never showed up. I ask why no one had notified me of this change Customer service at the Hickory Hill Store in Memphis, TN, told me it was a automated system and they could not do anything. I told her that Home depot's NO SHOW NO CALL DELIVERY SERVICE would not get any more of my business.

Desired outcome: All customers should be called when there is a change ahead of the appointment.

P
3:53 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Its now 19 Nov 2021. Months ago, I contacted Home Depot about having hardwood flooring installed in my house. They said they'd need to measure first and then we could discuss price and installation. THEN, over the next 10 weeks, they fiddled around, measuring once, and thinking about it for weeks. Finally they answered my question, which was WHAT was the...

G
6:58 am

Home Depot - Non service animals in store

Hello, I'm writing about the Egg Harbor Township NJ store. The last time I was there, I saw two customers with non service dogs shopping. This is a safety and sanitation hazard. Once I finish what is left on this Gift Card I will gladly go to Lowe's because at least that store doesn't seem to have over entitled narcissistic pet owners. What would happen if I brought my birds in to go shop, will I get thrown out? What happens if a dog bites a child? This is a huge liability suit waiting to happen.

Desired outcome: Change

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Purchased a dishwasher for installation with a 1/2 inch raised floor. Salesman said to get the old one out half way and they would install the new one. When they arrived to install they saw the raised floor and basically said no and left. I told them what the salesman said and they said they had rules and could not break them. So now I don't have a...

D
11:33 am

Home Depot - Job Material Delivery

Home Depot Delivery has become a joke.. Missing 3 all day delivery windows.. When they arrive they drop a shower at the job site that has very obvious damage. They've now missed 2 delivery windows to replace the shower..

So I've had to pay a crew to sit for 6 days... Now the $600 dollar shower really costs $6600 dollars.. So we only lost $6000 to bring Home Depot on the project.. The whole point of being is business is to turn a profit... I notice Home Depot has no problem turning a profit because they do it on the backs of their customers.. Those awesome revenue numbers they report to Wall Street~? $6000 of it was stolen from me... And this isn't the first time..

They know they have problems they won't even let managers address because they know it cost money.. It's just way easier to steal the money from their customers..

The store managers attitude~? To bad so sad I have no control we'll try to be there in a all day window on Saturday... So now I have to pay this crew overtime because after hosing me 5 times.. It's the only time they have available.. This would be a joke if it wasn't a nightmare..

David Gardner
Amite La..

Desired outcome: Some one to address the problem and at least offer something~? Here is a free tape measure for screwing you out of $6000

I
9:28 pm

Home Depot - MASK MANDATE - Why are we wearing masks? Are you a company bent on controling your employees?

As of November 12th, I live in Kansas City where the mandate has just been lifted for everyone. It was such a sense of relief when I heard the news, however I now feel that nothing has changed for my coworkers and I once I found out that corporate chose to not lift it and give us a choice. Shame on you Home Depot for caving into backwards thinking like wokeness, BLM, and CRT! And choosing fear over freedom. What you should know is that we, the USA, started out as a Christian nation and we will continue as one! God Bless the United States of America! The resolution that I would like see, is that our stores in Missouri have the choice to keep the rule or not keep it, because we don't live in woke Atlanta. This would be greatly appreciated!

Desired outcome: The resolution that I would like see, is that our stores in Missouri have the choice to keep the rule or not keep it.

Home Depot contacts