Hertzabilene regional airport, abilene, texas

June 17, 2016 I rented a car from the Abilene Regional Airport in Abilene, Texas. The agent said the system was down but he would SNAP a rental to me, and put the paperwork in the computer later that night.
June 18, 2016 outside Indianapolis, Indiana the a/c went out. I called roadside assistance at Hertz, was told to go to the airport in Indianapolis and exchage for another vehicle. Eric and I were stuck at Hertz rental at Indianapolis Airport because the local Hertz here in Abilene didn't put the contract info in the system!! (Deep breath!) We, both Eric, myself, Debbie the agent here, and Becky (my daughter)have been dealing with Hertz roadside assistance, hertz rental agents, hertz supervisor, hertz vehicle care center, hertz call center (7 + times), roadside assistance told the agent (Debbie @ Indianapolis International Airport)to tell us to take the car somewhere to be serviced, and finally back with Hertz roadside assistance where Eric got one agents on the task of getting us in another rental after us being there for roughly 5 hours! Couldn't even get through to a Hertz agent at Abilene Regional Airport after calling numerous times.
Finally a top position fellow for the Indianapolis Area said put his name on the contract, get us in a car, and get us on the road again asap. Also said there should be no charge for the rental.
We were to be in Marion, Ohio for the Life Celebration of my father-in-law, who recently and suddenly passed. We finally got to Marion, Ohio about 9:30pm, three hours after the Life Celebration ended. Pretty sad my husband had to miss this event surrounding his father because someone was lazy.
We were also told Hertz should reimburse us for our whole trip to Ohio. The purpose was for my husband to see his Dad before he was taken for cremation, and for the life celebration. The only child of this man had to miss these.
Bad customer care creates lack of business