Hertz Car Rentalauto leaked oil all over my garage

C Review updated:

I was involved in an accident in january 2006. The insurance company secured a rental for me from hertz rent a car. After a few weeks the auto leaked oil all over my garage and i had stepped in it and tracked it all through my house. I wrote a letter to hertz and told them of the 10 hours that i spent coordinating the pick up of the car and the time that it took me to rent another car. Also, in the letter, i told them i spent 6 hours on sunday cleaning up the oily mess that was all over my kitchen and garage. The people at hertz sent me a check for $90 to cover my time and cleaning supplies. What a joke. In my letter, i requested $500 for my time and effort. I live along the chesapeake bay and that was an environmental issue. They should have considered themselves lucky that - 1 - i knew better than to try to drive that car and 2 - i did not hire an environmental unit to clean up this mess. So, hertz, if i can get as many as possible to see how you operate and not rent cars from you, i will have gotten my money worth. Thank you for listening and i would appreciate you posting this complaint on your web sight.

• Fi
    Fina Esquivel Jun 25, 2016

Hertz's website has posted hours on their site that they closed at 11pm, I get their at 6:30pm and their closed . I call them the next morning and was told too bad we have your credit card we will charge the extra days.

• Ly
    LYBBA RUTSTEIN Aug 14, 2018

Thursday July 19, 2018, I rented a car from Hertz, been with them many years, this was a compact, Hyundai Accent, I almost drove over a cliff going over the mountains. I called as soon as I got to Cal. no one would help me trade, I had to drive the car back very slowly it too 10 hours, terrible service.

Margo Bickham Aug 14, 2018

Confirmation H7244130351 @$93.00 a charge I need refunded back to my card. Confirmation H72536574D2 one that I approved. This is a grand total $247.47. Please refund my $93.00 to my card on record. This was a weekend rental not a Range Rover, Porsche or Jaguar but, a Chevy Malibu I know there were added charges for additional driver. Thank you

• Ji
    Jimmy5655 Aug 15, 2018

I rented a car in March from Hertz Italiana and returned, but in May as well as in Jun they charged me each time 31.- € from my master card without any explaination. What is to do??

• Ki
    Kizzie7 Aug 15, 2018

I made a reservation and cancelled it with in a few hours, and I have not yet received my money.

• Sh
    Shanita Jones Aug 20, 2018

i rented a 2013 Kia Rio in Sept of2015 or 2016 cant remember to the exact but i checked my credit score and it show hertz rental over charged by 2, 000 this is serious and i need to know what happened and why

• Ca
    Carole Feeney Aug 20, 2018

Hi. The four references that I was given are H 60424972C1. Also H6042791090 and H 60517924E8 all at the desk in derry but the fourth one which was used was H6041518409.thanks carole feeney

I have paid for the last re 8409 from my debit card but the first three have come off my credit card which I need refunding please

• Ro
    Roadhouse1 Aug 21, 2018

I am not Bot
    I am a Patriot
    I am a frequent user of Car Rentals
    I and all within my circle condemn your company for politicization
    I will no longer consider Hertz a viable option in your industry

• Ni
    niessenwr Aug 21, 2018

Although not an NRA member, I will NOT use Hertz as long as you bring politics into your business. You are business fools.

• Un
    Unhappy702 Sep 01, 2018

Please take a good look on the car that we got and you can let me know if it's acceptable or not.

Was waiting for customer care to return my email regarding the rental which I had in Vegas, it's more than a week now⋯⋯⋯⋯I guess, Herz does care !!! What a joke .

• Sh
    Shelly Hubbard Piehl Sep 05, 2018

with in 30 minutes i received quotes with a 300 dollar difference. i ASKED ABOUT BEST PRICE Guarantee, told international only. Called and asked for supervisor. was told book elsewhere if you find a better deal. she didn't know about best rate. employees are unhelpful and poorly informed. I WILL NOT call again

James P Mockler Sep 10, 2018

I see on my VISA statement that I was charged $360.16 twice on 6/14/18. This was a rental in England. Kindly investigate and let me know what you find.

Cordially,

James P. Mockler
    440-915-4774
    #1 Club 00219618
    Account # 6889 0033 00183 8

• Ti
    Tiffiny Jackson Oct 14, 2018

Do not do business with Hertz they are a rip off and aren't client friendly.

• 12
    12345billybob Oct 15, 2018

I had the worst ever experience on top of being called a liar then over charged for a compact car, I will never rent from hertz ever again they are the absolute worst !!! Blessing is one lying, rude, ignorant human being . The car I rented even needed maintenance done and I was told to ignore it as well as needed to be cleaned out.

• Be
    Beverly L Haynes-Fields Oct 21, 2018

I want to report that I'm not satisfied with the with the customer service that I received renting a car at your Orlando -West Colonial - HLE location, on 07/13/2017. The representative had a bad aura about him, as if he didn't want to wait on my husband & I. We have rented from that location before and never left with a heavy heart until today.

• Ca
    Carlito Cortez Oct 27, 2018

I was to pick up my rental at 11am. The representative called me and said they had to bring a car from Newton, KS to Junction city. I'm very, very upset as this has put me back towards my arrival time. Your business location is very unorganized and I am requesting some form of compensation for my wait time

• Wh
    whitejanet Oct 28, 2018

picked up car 6/3/17 dropped off car 6/8/17
    RR 198636163
    H3100932063
    When I picked up the car I did not want fuel charge of 32.33, I returned the car with a full tank of fuel

• CDG 16 -20 MAY 2017
    I Have been charged two times for the same booking.
    275.90 euros on my BNP Visa ***2053 AND (original booking)
    304.87 euros on my NBK Visa ***8841

Please refund 304.87 to my NBK Visa

Dr Abdulmohsin Alsarraf
    Gold member no 65946684

• Ta
    Tae Hughes Nov 04, 2018

What's the point of having a gold membership when you don't get no benefits and rental point system is not accurate it's states one thing online but my rental points say different

• Ge
    George waite Nov 11, 2018

what is the procedure for disabled US Veterans of USA.i am a disabled veteran myself and i cant find the topic on what a disabled veteran is classified as?? I have been having problems with the discounts on military veterans. ty. i just want a clarification as how this applys as an aaa michigan member as well. i rent hertz cars and i like to know.

• Xa
    XavierRigau Nov 12, 2018

I am trying to rent an adapted car in Spain and they claim they only have 2 in the whole country. Why Herts don't treat disabled people the same in other countries? I just need hand controls.

• Ab
    abd1360 Nov 12, 2018

I rented a car, but they charged me twice.

• Bd
    bdeng Nov 14, 2018

The gas is full but company insisted to charge $ 27, never Hertz again!!! Tried to talk to the office to get a resolution on the spot, but couldn't afford to wait for 30 min.

• Fi
    Fina Esquivel Nov 20, 2018

Hertz has bad customers service they hire the worst people. They will ripe you off... they Don't care about their customers. Do not deal with hurtz it will save you lots ofmoney and lots of frustration.

• Mo
    MOLLIE46 Dec 12, 2018

I put in for a reservation with hertz as I always do. This Guy that was helping me was very nasty with no customer service at all. He told me he could put me in a mini van instead of the SUV I had reservation for that weekend. I ended up leaving Hertz without anything.

Reference # 516094299
    Reservation # H8421410418

Cherry Mckenzie

• La
    lapapercut May 01, 2019

Traffic offence in Italy, I was charged $30.50 euros from my credit card by Hertz, then no assistance or guidance on how to pay this traffic ticket. How do I even know if it's legitimate? I hear this being a common complaint with Hertz in Italy. I believe it's a HUGE SCAM.

• Gl
    Glenna peacock May 05, 2019

Said we smoked in car and did not was charged 300 I want my money back this is not right at all where is the justice at one side Kenneth peacock rented 4/20/19 at sky harbor airport was brought back 4/26/19 please respond back at [email protected]

• Me
    Melanie King Aug 28, 2019

Was scheduled to rent economy vehicle but there was none left when I arrived. Should they charge me up graded price? or should it still be economy pricing?

• Na
    nach kim Oct 26, 2019

We have booked rent car in may and submitted all the fees.
    After we came back to korea, we'v found that the company is still
    making withdrawal from my credit card for 3months in a row.
    So i stopped the credit card. How would i request refund?

Chukhil Nov 02, 2019

I rented a car 8-10 October in Italy from Rome to Venice.
    Hertz took a deposit of 300 euros and after the drop -off promised to return 172 euros within 3-5 days
    15 days have passed, but I haven't got any money

Ruslan +79257409577
    [email protected]

• Bo
    Bobby farmer Jan 04, 2020

I rented a car on Dec. 23 from Hertz Las Vegas airport location. The first rental broke down on the 26 and I missed an important meeting and on the second tine with a different car it ran hot and stopped cranking. Hertz at the Las Vegas wrote a report up. They said to report this and i might get my money back.

• Ms
    MSBoo52 Mar 10, 2020

Hertz is the worst rental service I have ever had the displeasure in dealing with after taking my money then refusing to rent me a car they refuse to issue a refund giving me my money back. I wouldnt reccomend this company to my worst enemy.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices