General Motors

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

Complaints & Reviews

Transmission 2019 chevy impala

35759 I purchased a 2019 Equinox Premiur November 2019, I was not totally impressed, I needed a road car, therefore after approx. 5 weeks later I traded it at the same dealership, JBA...

2016 Chevy Silverado custom

I got my truck brand new in 2016 and I always noticed this on my truck but never thought it was a issue till My truck started to vibrate when I accelerated aggressively recently and started looking up would could cause the problem or if others having same issues and noticed that others have had the same thing while cruising I thought it would be control arms or bushings but I've had everything checked out and everything is good My truck vibrates when I accelerate to 50-60 goes away and vibrates/shakes while driving highway speed 70-90s

MaryBetz Mar 13, 2020

My truck is doing the same thing. Yes my is used but I have had it less then two weeks and have made number of phones and three trips to the dealer with no results. I need help. I want out of this truck and these payments, that my gut is telling me will bankrupt me.

Denali pickup

After 15 miles on gravel road 2019 denelli ultimate had over 60 paint chips on flaied edge of lower rear quarter panel .
Gm was good to offer paint job but i had to come up with a fix snd not only pay for it but i would have to gauanty the fix will work as they say after they paint it am on my own.
My 2016 never had the problem after 150000klm i had inly a few chips.

2015 GMC ACADIA

I have a 2015 GMC Acadia that has electrical issues that causes my headlights to go out. The daytime running lights work, but the headlight itself does not, usually on only one side at a time. There are no fuses or relays blown or anything to make this happen. I have to take it to the shop AGAIN!! This will be the 4th time in 2 years that I have to have it fixed. I keep paying for this to get fixed, but it is proving to be only a temporary fix. I have read that this is something that others experience too. It isn't the headlight being burned out. They end up replacing some wiring in the back and somehow it is hooked up to the headlight. They have to diagnose it every time and then charge me an arm and a leg to fix it for something that seems to be a problem with the vehicle. I don't see any recalls for the electrical issues but there should be. This is ridiculous for a vehicle that continues to have the same problem over and over again. Very disappointed and I would like help with this.

2017 hd 2500 silverado

So I was going down high at 70 miles a hour and all four of my tires lock up and my truck slows down to nothing. I had factory warrenty left and was told from the dealer that my hydrobooster failed so that would be replaced along with my rotors per gm tac. So if those parts failed I would like to know why I had to pay to replace the pads when those also should have been replaced because of those parts failing. That is not normal wear and tear when your brakes lockup going 70 on highway. I could have been in a major accident and .01 I had to pay the dealer when I got my truck because warrenty wouldn't cover the new pads. That is not right to replace everything else and also after they replaced all the other parts the peadal still wasn't releaseing so then they replaced my master cyl. So in the end I think I should get my money back for the pads you can't say everything else needs to be replaced and you don't cover them . who puts on new rotors and doesn't replace the pads. this work was done at buss Chevrolet on 1255 e. green bay st. Shawano Wisconsin 54166. number 715/524-0444. the job number was 59624 and my name is steve bierhals my email is [protected]@gmail.com and if this wont be refund I would like to know why. again I should get refunded the $212.01 I paided for my pads this was part of the failures fault. hope to here from you soon. steve

Headlights on 2013 Cadillac SRX.

I have a 2013 Cadallic SRX. I bought it used in November 2019. The headlights on bright are good, on dim the lights are almost nonexistent. The bulbs have been replaced 2 times but did not help at all. I understand there is a class-action law suit about this problem. Please tell me what I can do to get this problem taken care of. Thanks, Diane [protected]@yahoo.com

2019 gmc canyon denali

I purchased a BRAND NEW 2019 GMC Canyon Denali from Short Line GMC in Aurora on 6/1/19 w/39 miles. After a few weeks of driving it we noticed a "squealing" from under the...

2017 chevrolet equinox 2.4l engine failure

Having oil consumption issues, moisture and sludge getting in air cleaner through crankcase ventilation hose. On 12/21/19 had problems keeping the engine running on my way home from work. I stopped and filled up gas before i got home. When I got home I shut the engine off and checked things under the hood and when I pulled the oil dipstick and smoke was coming out of the dipstick tube and no oil was on the stick. I ended up adding 3.5 quarts of oil add smoke was coming out the oil fill hole the whole time. I started the engine and with it running there is compression pressure coming out of oil fill with cap removed. At my next gas tank fill up, about 350mile later, I had to add another quart of oil. I decided to change the oil at 87, 000, earlier than schedule. Checked oil every gas fill up sometimes had to add a quart and sometimes not. I started checking oil every other gas fill up cause oil consumption wasn't as bad. I changed the oil at 90, 000 miles, scheduled interval. Checked oil 1st gas fill up after oil changed it was ok. Checked oil after 3rd gas fill up and added 1 quart of oil. Checked oil level at 91, 250 and i had to add 3 quarts, this was 4th gas fill ups after oil change. Checked oil next gas fill up was ok, checked the oil 2nd gas fill up added a quart of oil. Check oil after 3rd gas fill up after 3 quarts oil added, was ok. After 4th gas fill up after the 91, 250 mileage were I added the 3 quarts of oil, I was at half tank of gas, I realized that I didn't check the oil yet so I was going to check the oil when i got to work. On February 15, 2020 I was about half way to work suddenly with out warning lights, with no check engine light and no oil light, I heard a loud engine rattling noise so I imediately pulled over to the shouder of the highway and shut the engine off even before coming to a complete stop. Smoke was coming from under hood. I carry a quart of oil in the car, for obvious reasons, so I put it in the engine. Tried starting rattled and quite running. Tried starting it a 2nd time thinking oil I just added may have pumped up to moving parts after first starting attempt. but no good it rattled barely started before it stalled out. I got out and check the oil dipstick and had no oil on it, but there was a little oil on the ground just at the rear of the car. I had the car towed to were I work, and were I work is a heavy duty truck/bus garage. The car has 92, 370 on it. While having all these problems I learned by searching online that many people were having the same issues and problem that I have had. I know the warranty is limited to 60, 000 mile but my car was 2 years old when I started experiencing the oil consumption problem with the smell of the crankcase moisture / sludge getting in the air cleaner. I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer, used, 16 months ago and it already had 49, 000 on it, so it left me with 16, 000 miles of drive train warranty left. I drive over 700 miles a week so it didn't take long to get past the 60, 000 mile mark.
How do I submit a compliant for possible warranty replacement of my General Motors 2017 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L engine. By the way I still owe $20, 000 on the loan and now unable to drive it and have to rent a vehicle to drive over 100 miles a day to get from home to work and back again, very expensive now that I'm paying monthly on a car I can't drive and I am renting, (RENTING IS NOT CHEAP) a car for my travel needs. Hoping to get quick results I'm running out of money!

2013 chevrolet traverse

My 2013 Traverse is a wonderful vehicle except for this issue. My Traverse experiences a shutter when shifting at 30 to 40 mph. I have changed the sparkplugs, air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body with no resolve. There exist a forum, traverseforum.com about this particular vehicle. I have become aware that this is an inherent issue on the TRAVERSE.
I would respectively like to know, why General Motors has not yet issued a call back 0n this vehicle. It is obvious that GM is very aware of this flaw in the manufacturing design or defect in the Traverse. What I don't understand is that the fix is costly and don't think that GM's customers should be made to absorb the cost of this obvious flaw.

2017 gmc 1500

Vehicle has been sitting at my dealership for a whole month or more waiting for engine parts from GMC what seems to be the problem GMC knew in 2017 already that there was an engine problem yet it seems you guy don't care about the customer after the vehicle is sold. My phone number is [protected] if you care about your customer give me a call Also we had the same vehicle sitting at the same dealer in 2019 for over 60 days what is going on

06 hummer h3 with 40,000 miles

On August 6 2011 my wife was invoked in a single car accident. She was killed while wearing her seatbelt in a 2006 Hummer with only 40, 000 miles on it.
The vehicle was totaled after she went off the road hit a culvert and flipped the hummer several times end over end .
No airbag deployed.
I don't understand why.
Attached is a photo of the Hummer after the crash.
Brenda's head got stuck between the grab rail and headrest. She didn't have any other injuries other then head being squashed. Had airbag gone off it would have put her back in her seat.
She was a mother of a 2 year old boy and a 9 year old boy at the time. She was very loved and loved us so.
Had the vehicle in dry storage since.
Recently pulled it out and moved to another storage.
Attached are pictures.

Brock Sanders
[protected]@yahoo.com

• Km
    Kmart 9459 Feb 02, 2020

Sorry for your loss, and nothing can make this right, but the reason the airbags likely didn't deploy is because the vehicle is 15 years old and the compressed canister should be replaced at most after 15 years, sometimes after only 10 years. Like most parts under constant pressure, seals can wear out, which likely allowed your canister to deplete its gas. Auto makers stopped requiring replacement on these canisters about 20 years ago because they became confident that these canisters will not wear out before the rest of the car is finished, but cars are lasting longer so it may become necessary to reinstitute replacement guidelines.

2017 chevy suburban premier

My 2017 Chevy Suburban Premier with 32, 000 miles on it, has transmission failure. Brought it in Jan 2. due to reving engine and jumping and after 3 days there was told it was a bent push rod. Fast forward to jan 24 same issue but way worse thought was rear eneded the car jumped so far forward. Happend several times engine was revvimg truck not moving then will jump forward nearly missing hitting another vehicle several times. This happend multiple times as i was trying to get home 5 min away from my house. Then the car just woundnt move. It was INCREDIBLY dangerous. I filed a comp;aint with the NHTSA. It was taken via flatbed to Millenium Chevrolet again. I asked if they would have a loaner car they told me no, I called Chevrolet customer care they said I could rent a car for 3 days max and would pay $38 a day. AND that is only dor the days the car is being fixed NOT while its just there waiting. I am avsolutely blown away at the lack of care for your customers. I apid $76, 000 for this truck and for the transmission to go at 32, 000 miles and ALSO to find out that there is a class action lawsuit for this EXACT SAME ISSUE is absolutely crazy. Clearly General Motors and Chevrolet have zero interest in retaining their customers. I have has Chevy Suburbans and Tahoes since 99 and NEVER again will I EVER purchase a Chevrolet or General Motors Product. You have shown that you do not stand behind the product you produce and you cold care less about keeping your customers happy. You just have robots working for you.

2013 gmc terrain

Im very disappointed and upset that GM knows about issues with engine and oil consumption problems and has not recalled or rectified this issue. I have a 2013 GMC Terrain and have engine damage due to oil consumption problem and timeing chain.I will give you the layout of the issues that lead to my unfortunate precidment of having a non running vehicle and a cost to rebuild engine at$ 6300. I did not neglect my vehicle and did all maintenace on time.Noticed my car was running low on oil all the time without any warnings. No engine light, (not due for oil change) no warning at all about oil low. Just noticed car was running rough so I check myself. I got an oil change Dec 12 2019 even though itwasnt due because oil was running low. Then Dec 20 put oil in as car was throttling and dipstick was showing no oil again no warning of oil being low. Dec 27 Car was stalling when idle. Dec 30 put more oil in car. Again with no warning. Jan11 Brought car in to Auto shop due to oil consumption and stalling. and recent engine light. Mechanic did another oil change and changed the camshaft solenouids. Said because of oil consumption and that this engine has issues to come in next month and check regularly. Car was not stalling anymore and I thought issues were fixed.Jan 20 noticed car was sounding rough checked oil. Low again only 8 days after oil change. Called mechanic to bring in for Jan 24. Jan22 engine light on and noise coming from engine. I stopped driving. Went to bring it in Jan 24. Car wont start. Towed to Auto shop. Jan 24 Engine damged due to timing chain and low oil. How could this happen? Then I find out GM knows about this issue. Why wasnt people that own vehicles notified. Why didnt Gm find a solution to recifty and fix all these faulty engines. I need my vehicle to make a living and now what am I going to do. My car is not old and this should never have happened? Im mad and will be expecting some retribution from Gm.I see thousands of people having same issues as me. Maybe the paper and news and public should be aware of GMC ignorance to not taking responsibility for engines that have defects and not giving car owners a option to fix before this happens. If I was aware of issue with the pistons and engine defects I would have fixed before the death of my car.

new 2019 at4 fully loaded

Hello, I purchased this vehicle on 29 November 2019 and have had 2 recalls on it but the bad part is I've had the same issue causing my truck to completely fail on air bags, brake system and holding my truck to 62mph max speed. I've had it at the dealer now 3 times and still nothing. The first two times they assured me good to go well that was false it's now been in the dealer shop for over 10 days and I keep getting over 500 excuses. The latest was we found the issue and part will ship over night. Well next day I get a call and the dealership says it's back ordered and have no further information. My truck has been sitting in the dealership garage longer than I've owned it or drove it to this point. I've already made a 1060.00 payment and haven't enjoyed or had my truck to fell I owe this payment. However, I'm paying because I can't hurt my credit and it's the right thing to do. Now in the state of Tennessee if your new vehicle goes in 4 or more times for the same issue in a year and mine is on number 3 it falls under the lemon law. I'm so mad at this point that GMC hasn't really showed me anything or anykind of care but taking my payments on a 68, 000 dollar truck that I can't drive and keep hearing 500 excuses. I'd love for someone in high management to contact me as this is becoming a sour subject and it's getting to the point to get my lawyer involved and see what can be done when my new truck is in the shop longer than I've had it with no end in sight for repairs. Very ticked and this isn't right.

Mr. James Wallace
2705 Wakefield Drive
Clarksville, TN 37043
[protected]@YAHOO.COM

General Motors Buick Division — 2012 buick verano - excessive oil consumption — engine damage

I purchased a used 2012 Buick Verano (VIN 1G4PP5SK8C4156396) with 66K miles on the vehicle. The Verano had a clean car fax and had car fax records with consistent maintenance and...

2014 chev camaro 2ss

I purchased a 2014 chev camaro 2SS on 07/28/18 and it had close to 32k miles on it . I used the car off/on, semi daily driver and weekend travel car, never raced the car or driven the car faster than the traffic flow and changed the oil, every 3k miles and did regular mant. on the car, on 1/16/20, i was driving the car locally from a local resterant when the car started shaking, i pulled over, checed under the hood, to see the motor vibrating, i turned off the motor and got the car towed to a local shop and they told me that the motor had seized up and it would need to be replaced, the car cunnectly has 71k miles on it and i'm shocked and deeply disapointed that a high performance motor gave out like this when I did, nt add any modifications to it, just drove it on the highway and did everything i was suppose to do and now I don;t have a car, I wish they will replace the motor since this car hasn't even reached 100k and is only 6 years old, to contact me, my E-mail address is [protected]@gmail.com or [protected]@rcn.com P.S . the shop did check to see if my oil levels were low and the oil was bad, the oil levels were normal and the oil was good and clear

repair

We took our 2006 GMC Yukon Denali in for a loud pitched noise when driving above 50 mph for 15+ minutes on the interstate. This would have been the third repair shop to review this problem. The service rep guaranteed and advised us that 70% was the differential and 30% a transfer case. We spent almost $4, 000 that we didn't have. We had to call our credit card companies for credit line increases to pay for the repairs. We took the SUV back in several times because the issue WASN'T fixed! The technicians said they couldn't duplicate the noise each time we brought it in. So we kept driving the SUV until it made the noise for them to hear. One day we're out running errands and the noise started so we called the service manger, Dan once again to inform him that the SUV is making the noise again and to have a technician ready to hear it. We pulled into the bay and the SUV noise was so loud it vibrated the windows. Dan had a technician come look at the SUV in the bay and asked us to take a seat in the waiting room. The technician added a fluid to the SUV and Dan told us to drive it for 1, 000 miles before the noise would go away. We have driven almost 3, 000 miles and the SUV still makes the loud pitched noise which is so embarrassing in public. We've called several other GMC dealerships and was told by all of them that NO ADDITIVE is going to work because the issue wasn't repaired. Therefore, we have contacted legal counsel and we're requesting a REFUND immediately! We want a refund immediately or proceed with legal action.
2006 Black GMC Yukon Denali VIN#: 1GKEK63U76J147814 Date Paid: 5/29/2019 Total Repair Fee: $3997.76 Total Disputed Amount for Refund: $3486.66
D'Juan Donald Sr. 817 Gregs Drive Harrisburg, PA 17111 cellphone: [protected]
Barbara Evans-Donald cellphone: [protected]

2013 buick regal

I have 2013 Buick Regal that has had regular oil changes and preventive maintenance ... 130, 000 miles the motor blew ... When contacting GM & Buick they told me that is to be expected with daily usage ... Well if that is the case I would say the Buick Regal 2.4 engine is a piece of crap and I would recommend no one buy this product ... If I wanted a disposable car I would have bought a Yugo ... I trusted Buick and got SCREWED because they will not help me at all by not standing behind their product because they know the 2.4 is a crap engine and that is horrible ... I WILL NEVER BUY A GM VEHICLE AGAIN I KNOW THINGS HAPPEN BUT THEM BLOWING ME OFF I AM DONE WITH GM ! ! !

2019 gmc sierra

My 2019 gmc sierra has been at the dealership service department for 3 weeks. It was taken in for the abs brake recall. I was able to take it home with no problem within a few hours i had brake failure and i proceed to take it back to the dealership and since then it has been there. The part needed, control cylinder, that is now being advice to be replaced is and has been on back order. I don't believe me as the consumer have to deal with the consequences of this item not being provided in a timely manner for my vehicle to be able to be worked on.

2010 gmc acadia engine

On December 20th, 2019 the engine in my 2010 GMC ACADIA went out without any warning. I had driven the vehicle the evening before with no issues. I warmed it up and went I went to back out of my driveway, it started shaking, the engine light came on and smoke started coming out of the front end. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership and had it looked at immediately. I called GMC as the vehicle has been properly maintained and there were no signs of anything wrong. It had 124K miles on it. I have been repetitively told that there is nothing that the company will do about the issue. However, on several websites, I have seen that this is a common thing to happen and nothing is being done about it. I was lucky and only in my driveway, but had I been on the interstate it could have caused worse issues or death. I keep calling and trying to have the issue escalated, but the foreign representatives keep telling me to call my insurance agent and that they can't escalate the complaint. Insurance doesn't cover mechanical issues. I am now stuck with this vehicle, a loan payment on it, and the repairs total over $11, 000. I am requesting that GMC either replace the engine in this well-maintained vehicle or pay $10, 000 as that is what I have paid for it already. This vehicle is a lemon and the engine should have been recalled. It could seriously injure or kill somebody as it seems that several have had the same issue.

2019 chevy trax lt awd

In July 2019 I purchased this vehichle and have had it at two different GM dealers to service a ongoing issue with the check engine light. The vehicle has slowed while driving, a...

colorado cab chassis 2015/2016 gng3028

Using oil about 2+ litres every 10000 klms, referred to dealer at least 8-10 times for oil usage check. I was advised by the dealer it needed 3 readings showing oil usage before they could refer it to you for consideration. Every time the count got to two, the records were destroyed or lost and we had to start again. thus the gap in years before I lodged this complaint.

The dealer involved was Goldy Holden who are no longer Holden Dealers.

The original complaint to Goldy was made on the main highway out of Northampton W.A. where I was stranded with the car dashboard telling me to immediately stop the engine as it was out of oil. I rang Goldy who said that there was nothing they could do unless I got the car to them, back in Perth. Fortunately, the RAC came to the rescue and after claiming 2 service calls, arrived with the approved Dexos Oil from Geraldton and poured in 5 litres plus. This occurred after Goldy had serviced the car some 500-600 klms previously. This fact can be verified by the RAC. The clear suggestion being as there was no oil leak or sins of one, no oil had been put in on service. Of course, this was denied by Goldy and GMH Cusomer phone complaint ended up witha lady informing me "that anyone can make a mistake"

Sorry but this is getting long in tooth and a remedy must be found

Please advise.

2019 camaro-ss - (#19-na-279 radio software version v807 over the air update

I have a 2019 Camaro SS, I purchased 12-5-19.
Vin #1G1FH1R7XKO153733
Document ID: 5471340
Camaro ervice Manual [protected]
Chevrolet Dealer--Nesmith Jesup, Ga 31545
I wanting to know when I can get my software update downloaded to my Camaro so I will not have a reoccurance with this issue. We have temporarily fixed till the "updated" software can be run to correct this issue. I hope to hear from GM on this issue by a phone call to me. Thank You.
Frank McIntyre
cell-text-# [protected]
1270 Woods Bridge Road
Jesup, Ga 31545

new transmission

I purchased a new 700r4 for my 1990 gmc k1500 it had a 36 month 100, 000 mile warranty and i had a chevorlet dealer ship install the transmission well the transmission has 39, 000 miles on it and its at 37 months and the [censored]in transmission started slipping im [censored]in pissed because they say its out of warranty by 1 [censored]in month even though its hardly got a third of the 100, 000 miles on it i ant some help from gm on this transmission you should at least help with some of the cost were talking 1 [censored]in month

• Updated by danny leger · Dec 28, 2019

The fluid is not burnt the transmission was not abused it is a defective part i worked for a chevorlet dealership for about 15 years and this is just unreal that this could happen with 39, 000 miles the transmission and labor was done at a dealership and i cant believe i cant get any help because of it being out of warranty by 1 fuckin month

• Updated by danny leger · Dec 28, 2019

The transmission is slipping and i bet the clutches still look new its a bad valve body a defect from the factory a fuckin transmission just doesnt fail with 39, 000 miles on it its 1 month out of warranty and its very low miles on it i need some god damn help with this

transmission stutters and shudders

I notice a vibration or rumble from what feels to be the rear end of my truck (2018 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, 3.6L V6 - tow package, automatic transmission) in the [protected] rpm range at constant speed/accelerator pressure. When I let off the gas or accelerate it stops and doesn't resume unless the tach drops back down to 1500. No lift, or level, or new wheels or tires; truck is stock. I notice this at worst times around the 35-45 mph range but notice it at higher speeds as well, but going only under the conditions of constant/steady speed and pressure on the accelerator at the 1500 to 2000 rpm range specifically. This has been ongoing from the beginning when I purchased truck new from Lassen in Albany Oregon and has been getting worse. Vehicle has 23K presently, purchased 12/13/2017

cylinder head/coolant system

My car is a 2016 Chevy Cruze that has been having issues with the engine coolant since the first year that I have had the car. I have 120K on the car which is all highway miles ( I live in a rural area). I have been told by the dealership that there have been a number of the same model that have these issues at around the same mileage. I have also heard this same issue from multiple Cruze owners the past few years.

If there have been these problems with this area of the car and this model why has it not been corrected or recalled. I was told that this would be over 18 hours of labor time and that there are not any cylinder heads available for some time.

This is going to cost me a tremendous amount of money for an issue that seems to be one that is not limited to my personal vehicle. I also will be without a vehicle for a number of days. My professional position is one that requires a vehicle in which I work directly with people with special needs.

My husband and I switched from Toyota Corollas that lasted sixteen years and 269K miles with very little problems. We are trying to support the United States and their manufacturing, but we are very disappointed in what seems to be an ongoing issue with their particular vehicles.

The cost of this repair is going to cause financial distress for my family. Currently, I am not in a position to purchase/trade in for a new vehicle. I also did not think three years ago that I would even have to consider doing so. As of right now, I have an appointment at the dealership on 1/2 for more diagnosis of the issue. I am requesting that this issue is rectified in a very positive manner. Thank you for your assistance.
Dawn Talley
[protected]@yahoo.com

gmc canyon

I have been a General Motors loyal customer sense 1966 I have owned several GM automobiles in this time. however in 2019 I purchased a 2018 GMC canyon truck. a neighbor backed into the rear of this truck bending the rear bumper I took my truck to be repaired 4 weeks ago and the repair shop tells me they have been waiting foe a new rear bumper now for all 4 weeks with no delivery date in sight if it is this hard to get a rear bumper for my truck i will not be a loyal GM owner any longer. This is just not acceptable
George Burk
5440 Mandarin Circle
Hixson Tenn 37343.

2011 chevy equinox oil burning issues

General Motors knew they had defective piston rings on the 4 cylinder motor, causing the car to burn excessive amounts of oil. The last 4000 miles I had to add 5 quarts of oil. I believe there should have been a recall for this problem. I was told last visit to a GM dealer, sorry your vehicle is past the in service date, good luck. Basically now I have an oil burning machine.

cadillac srx

Headlights continue to get dimmer. Getting in to see dealer is difficult due to my working schedule.
Dealer suggested I call cadillac, but when I did, Cadillac said to see dealer for quote.
Do not understand why I have to pay for a service call to get an expensive quote to fix a defect.
Is there a reasonable fix for this problem on the SRX, or should I trade it in for a vehicle without uncovered defects?

customer reviews not requested

In Nov of 2018 I purchased a new Bolt EV Premier. It was my hope that GM would contact me asking for feedback. After 30 days, nothing. After 90 days, nothing. 6 months, nothing. Now it's been over a year and still no one from GM has cared what I think about their investment in building a car that will be the future of the automobile industry.
What I do get on a regular basis are offers to purchase accessories or service (which the Bolt doesn't require). Don't they even know what car I own?
What I'd like from GM is to take an intrest in my purchase and care what I think about your place in the industry. If this note makes it's way into the hands of an actual person, and gets read, would someone please contact me or send a survey so that I can tell GM how I feel. Doug Fogarty, [protected], [protected]@gmail.com

manufacturing scam

Bought 2015 Malibu October 2015. 1000 miles before warranty expired, engine light came on and car started hesitating, this was September 2019. Took car to dealership and was told unable to fix due to strike. Waited months for strike to end only to find that engine valve has been on indefinite back order since July. Been waiting 3 months. Car with performance issues and failed emissions test unable to register or drive but expected to pay car note!!! Tried contacting GM only to get run around and be told that they couldn't give info, there is no ETA. NO HELP!!! Told by a representative that dealer could give me $2000 on trade in if I buy a new car. SO WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER $10, 000 owed? Well they can role that into the new vehicle. ARE YOU SERIOUS! SO I HAVE TO PAY YOU MORE MONEY TO SCAM ME? This sounds like a conspiracy. Manufacture vehicle to fail after short period, sell to unsuspecting fool, finance through your bank, discontinue parts before finance period, , make repairs impossible, fool them into buying another car, make even more money off of them, continue the cycle!

transfer case

I have a 2013 GMC Terrain Ser. #2GKFLZE35D6246584 that I bought new in 2913. The first year the vehicle would slow to where it had no power. Alden Buick diagnosed the problem as the transmission was not communicating with the engine. So it was a transmission problem,
that Alden GMC in Fairhaven corrected by I believe they replaced the transmission. Now on December 15, 2019 I'm driving up Route #6 easterly and I hear a loud bang somI stopped and checked by looking under the vehicle and saw fluid dripping. I had a wrecker tow the vehicle towed to a local mechanic shop. Upon their inspection of the vehicle they found a hole in the transfer case passenger side. They determined the transfer case blew a bearing through the passenger side of the transfer case. Are there any recall issues of this type with these as the mechanic who has the vehicle reprots he has never seen a case like this in his 50 years of working on vehicles.

air conditioner condenser replacement

I have been a loyal GM customer for many, many years. I am retired and on a fixed income. The AC on my 2015 Silverado was blowing warm air. I took the truck to Tom Gibbs Chevrolet in Palm Coast, Fl. This is where I purchased the truck new. (Previous to this truck I owned a 2004 Silverado for 11 years with approx, 150K miles and never had any issues with the AC).
To my astonishment, the bill to replace the air conditioner condensor was over $1000.00. I realized that many other consumers have had similar issues and that class action suits are being discussed. I would hope that GM would provide some compensation for this bill.
Regards and thank you for this consideration,
William Sparks
PO Box 350491
Palm Coast, FL 32135
[protected]@sbcglobal.net
Cell [protected]

• Ti
    TIME Traveler Dec 17, 2019

GM doesn't care . Once you purchased and the vehicle makes it out of Warranty, no matter how many of their vehicles fail . I own a GMC DENALI Serra, with just over 36, 000 miles on it . Front Differential on AWD has failed already, Dash board has cracked, Stability control senor is faulty, and the Specialty expensive chrome wheels are Peeling off chrome like cheap paint on a old house !
    GM calls this NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, I to was a long time GM purchaser ( 40 yrs ) NEVER AGAIN will I purchase a GM PRODUCT OF ANY KIND . So many people and Friends who have seen what I've been thru with GM have said they'll never purchase a GM product . ( The power of Social media ) When I post on line I reference this site . ! % rating of fixing problems, 1 STAR Customer service rating . I watch a Mechanic show now, who says while they have all the horns buttons and whistles, and looks, the Quality of the Product & Customer Service of the vehicles has TANKED ! I guess that is why they have to offer 20 % or more off a vehicle to sell them NOW !

gmc sierra 1500 trk 3.8ltr

I own a 2010 GMC Sierra Truck 1500, I have a service bulletin sent by GM to effect that the clunk sound when i put my vehicle in either drive or reverse. The Bulleting states that there is a defect in the Gears of the transfer case, however the performance of the vehicle is not affected. As my truck gets older the sound and some slight functioning has begin to show and take place. If this has been recognized as a factory defect why do I have to pay for a new transfer case for GM? Why should I have to replace the transfer case which is a manufacturer material defect? This is not just, if it is a defect you should replace it. We buy products, we pay what is asked, we support your business and then when you should, have to act responsible this is how you do business. the document says the noise should not affect the performance of the vehicle. if it is defective, we do not have to pay you to give us a defective product, I am outraged hen I find out I will have to replace/pay for removal and install and pay for a defective product, it angers me, it disappoint me, this is an American company whom we cannot come to expect that we are taken advantage of by indiginious companies less alone foreign companies.

drl/daytime running lights

This is not as much a complaint as it is a concern and idea with no idea who to really contact. With all the recent safety features that have been added over the past several years, many people still do not grasp the concept of DRL's. Every evening on the way home I encounter at least 2 vehicles with no tail lights, because the dashboard lights are on and still tied to the headlight system. Just because the DRL's are on and they can see the road in front of them, people think everything is fine. Why can't the dash light be integrated with the tail lights instead? People STILL need reminding in some shape, form, or fashion that tail lights are a very much a safety concern for other drivers behind them. If you honk or flash your own lights at someone these days, you're liable to start a road rage incident. This just seem like it could be an efficient way to extend safety... The DRL's are on ALL the time, so if your dash lights are NOT on, at least you would have an indication that all exterior lamps are not on either.

cadillac customer services

Hi there, I'd like to express my disappointment to the services we receive from the local dealer in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. I have dropped off the vehicle for checking an issue. They have returned back the vehicle to me with a sever damage to the tire due to their rad test. The dealer is telling me now that they don't have the tire with same specs which is really unacceptable from them. They have damaged a part and they don't have be a replacement for it?! This is in addition to the poor customer service service we receive from them by keeping calling us with missing information and lack of experience; no competent personnel!!! I need to escalate this to GM in order to find a solution for this problem.

cadillac customer services

original chrome wheels

my name is arthur gribben and i own a 2009 buick lucerne cxl that has been in the family since new. my tire sensors are malfunctioning and the dealer tells me the problem is the chrome wheels have the chrome peeling off around the bead and I need to replace them.I know the car is old but i take good care of it and keep it clean. I do not think this should happen and would like some input on this condition and what to do about it. I work at ed rinke chevrolet/buick in center-line, Mi 48015 my e-mail is [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Ti
    TIME Traveler Dec 12, 2019

I own a 2012 GMC Denali 1500, with a little over 36, 000 miles, Still has the Original Tires on it . I keep it maliciously in excellent shape . Never really out much in any bad weather . My Expensive chrome wheels ( which I paid allot for from GM ) are peeling off chrome like cheap paint on a old house .
    Took it in a while ago because of it and GM called it NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR . I've owned GM products all my life, this Denali has had to have the Front Trans Axle gears replaced, Dash Broad has cracked and the stability control senor has gone bad in 36, 000 miles . NEVER EVER WILL I BUY ANOTHER GM PRODUCE, They are Cheaply made and the CUSTOMER SERVICE SPENDS MORE TIME AND EFFORT getting out of fixing problems than fixing them . I have done extensive research & GM knew they had a Chrome issue with their Wheels but refused to fix or replace the wheels . Just look at the Stats and info on this GM site . They have over 1200 complaints and have resolved 4, a 1 star rating and 1 % customers problem fixed . JMO but never buy anything GM ever ! Buy a Toyota or Lexus or a Honda . They cost less to keep running, last many more yrs ! My next vehicle after buying GM for nearly 40 yrs WILL NOT BE A GM of any type !

2012 buick regal # 2g4gu5gv7c9154700

This has been a great car and my favorite car ever I do not know what happened it just quit now the mechanic says the engine is blown and it will be 8000.00 to fix ... I still owe 3000.00 ... What am I supposed to do I had my oil changed regularly I take care of my car I have pride in my car ... Service engine soon light never came on ... Car ran fine engine never made any noise still had power just all of a sudden would not start and now they tell me this ? I am single 28 years old work two jobs I need my car I sure hope there is something you can do to help me ... Our family has always been GM my first car my dad bought me was an Impala ... They have a Tahoe and a Trailblazer ... Please help I have no idea what to do ... Thank you Gary James [protected]

hands free system 2019 chevy cruze

Once again the hands free stopped working again tonight. But apparently GM or Sullivan is to cheap to to just replace the Radio. Bad customer service from GM and Sullivan and not really good for referring other people to your company. Word of mouth can hurt the reputation of a company and from what other people we work with are telling us Sullivan Parkhill isn't very good.
We've had the car in about 4 times now and they have to keep trying different ways to connect the phone. When they do it only works for a day or 2
Then it loses the connection. Then on top of it all then they send you a survey and if you dont fill it out like they want giving them great responses they call you and harass you wanting you to change the answers on the survey. Seriously considering contacting the Better Business Bureau. By the way this car is the only one we have this problem with. Sadie also said my car is the only one they have problems with, no one else has this issue of connecting. We need the hands free system actually fixed or replaced. No more temporary solutions.
Sincerely
Millie Saxon
[protected]@ yahoo.com

General Motors Corporation — 2016 chevy trax

I have a 2016 chevy trax vehicle I purchase september 2016 in pottstown, pa at the chevy dealer-was brand new-just this year I was experiencing issues with the steering wheel...