Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

General Motors Complaints & Reviews

General MotorsBill marter fixed operations manager at freehold buick gmc freehold nj

As the body shop manager for 3 yrs. I was fired on the spot due to sales, threated with physical harm, had him tells lies about me stealing, & hitting women and threats. Locked me out when i went to get my tool.I had to call police... This dealership is so poorly run. They need to get investagated on thier warrenty claims and on thier quality of work. Theres drugs and drinking on the job, , , i need a call back .. Thank you tom rowley [protected]

Feb 16, 2021

General Motors — Service tires & rebate that wautoma sondalle chevy dealership

Ok new dealership just bought cottage motors chevy, chrysler, jeep, & ram which only lasted few year...

General Motors2019 Chevrolet Silverado Highcounty

General Motors does not care about their customers. In November 2019 we bought a brand new Chevy Silverado High Country from Carl Black Chevrolet. A few months after purchase the truck started making a noise in the drive shaft. We brought the noise to the attention of the service department on March 2020. The dealership was unable to hear or replicate noise. Although we did have a video of the noise.
    On May 13, 2020 my husband brought the truck back to the dealership again for the same noise. This time they heard the noise. The dealership kept the truck for 37 days before they notified us that the parts to fix the were unavailable. There is a bulletin issued by GM regarding the problem #PIP5653f., that it would be okay to drive and they would call us when parts were available.
    On November 23rd the dealership called and said they had the parts. We dropped the truck off on the 24th of November. On the 25th they brought the truck to our house for us and said it was repaired. When we went to drive it the noise was worse than ever and the truck shuddered.
    The truck was brought back to dealership on November 30th. Several people at dealership including service manager and mechanic heard the noise and agreed it was worse
    On December 17 GM called and requested we take truck back to shop for further repairs. It was back in shop 2 more days. We picked the truck up on December 19th. The noise was gone until December 21st when it started again. We immediately called the dealership. The dealership said there was nothing else they could do. We have filed a lemon law complaint on December 24th. Since that time GM has been giving us the run around.

We have been more than patient. My husband last spoke with Diana our GM rep. on Monday, January 11th at 5pm. She said she had completed case and was just verifying some information, that we should hear back from her hopefully Thursday or Friday, Monday the 18th at the latest. We'll it is February 10 and we have not heard back at all from her despite numerous calls and messages. Our case number is 9-[protected].

Feb 12, 2021

General Motors — The cluster display on the 2019 chevy blazer

My Husband brought Me the New 2019 Chevy Blazer on July 30, 2019 we trade our 2014 Chevy Impala in for it at...

General Motors2018 corvette zo6 bent wheels on "3rd set" and paint damage. Paying for card that I can't drive

6/13/19 - vibration #cvcs371513

10/29/19 till 11/14/19 new wheels #cvcs378247 $2, 608.33 and $1, 491.00 for new tires since bent wheels messed them up.

12/21/20 waiting on paperwork of bent wheels again.

12/28/20-now car still at gettel cheve getting painted till now.. Went to pick up 3 times and still not read haven't had my car for over a month and making payment on it

General Motors Corporation2017 Acadia shifter problem

Experienced problems with the shifter on my 2017 GMC Acadia. When shifting into park a notice would appear to "shift into park." Despite wiggling the shift level I could not get it acknowledge it was in park. Battery went dead. Had the same problem two years ago. Repaired under warranty 10/3/2018 @ 28539 miles. Now at 55961 miles same problem. This time I had to pay $488.34 for a defect GM has failed to fix! I have previously purchased a 1996 Chevy Blazer (new), a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer (new), a 2008 GMC Envoy (new). Why should I continue to buy GM vehicles when you won't stand behind your product?

General MotorsChevy shake

My 2018 Chevrolet Silverado only has 23, 900 miles and shakes on the highway at 70 mph I have balance all four tires and had an alignment done brakes replaced and still have the shake in the cabin.I have taken the truck to the dealership to have a checked out and they always tell me the same thing as the tires or the brakes or the wheels are not balance I don't understand how they can be the case when I have brand new tires and I have the receipts for the balance and alignment and the brakes being replaced.

General Motors2008 yukon denali 5.3

hello me and my wife purchased a vehicle from todd wenzel grand rapids MI. Two years ago. My engine has died bought at 150, somthing miles and died at 183, something miles. there is a class action law suit against your company for these 5.3 vortec motors prematurally dieing . I feel stuck on making payments for something that should have not died at that mileage.

General Motorsbuying new 2021 chevy suburban high country

Went to 5 dealerships asking for high country with sun roof, they show me only they have not what I want. I want trade in my 2019 traverse high country, they all know this but no one called me come in . Last week got head cold because suburban outside in weather that 20- 35 degrees . SO had stop looking going outside no called from anybody or internet .

Dec 19, 2020

General Motors — Chrome wheels of 2019 corvette grand sport

Regarding the purchase/ownership of 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport, VIN1G1YY2D70K5121009 Purchased...

Dec 14, 2020

General Motors — Customer Service at local dealership

I am writing to complain about the Parts Manager at George Carr Dealership in Vicksburg, MS. Brandon Carr i...

Dec 10, 2020

General Motors — 2020 gmc terrain

I purchased a 2020 GMC Terrain from Ferguson Dealership in Norman, Oklahoma. I bought the car and realized...

General MotorsC8 corvette

I'm buying another type sports car because chevrolet can get corvette inventory into their dealerships. Come on, lets get it together... What is the hold up. It's been over a year.. Please don't use the covid excuse... What is the hold up and when is volume production going to be implemented where customer can see and test drive this product.

General MotorsUnethical behavior!

I went to the cadillac dealership in henderson nevada only to be ruled by white priviledged men who took advantage of me, they came to my home at night to retrieve money, they gave me $1000 for my pride and joy escaleade which was the cleanest in all las vegas! They charged me $53.000 for a 2018 xt5 with 10% interest at $900.00 a month, they also ruined my credit by running it to 14 lenders! I went into dealership with excellent credit and came out fair credit, now my credit is screwed for 2 yrs! Yes im pissed, ive been a loyal cadillac customer for over 45 yrs! Racism lives at cadillac in henderson nevada! The owner wont even respond to me!

Dec 07, 2020

Saturn Div of General Motors — Transmission failure

My transmission recently failed on my 2009 Saturn Aura with a 2.4 engine that I bought brand new at Lupient...

Dec 04, 2020

General Motors — GM points

www.complaintsboard.com/general-motors-rebate-c836294 December 4, 2020 GM Customer Assistance Center P.O...

General MotorsExtended warranty

My truck is a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, since owning this truck, I have had many issues. Torque convertor has been replaced and now, I have a leak from the front, a possible antifreeze leak. Today Dec 1, 2020, took truck in to have checked and was under the Impression still covered under my extended warranty and wasn't and had to pay a Diagnosis fee 130 dollars. I was told the Friday before my scheduled appointment today, that I was covered, when in actuality I wasn't because my truck has 73,000, Had I known this before, I took my truck to have it checked, I would of never made the appointment. Then, I was told I needed brakes and that can't b possible because they were just replaced this summer, both front and back.
                    The leak is supposedly coming from the reservoir and they also noted that lines could possibly need replacing, but how is it that a 2017 truck needs this so soon, makes you wonder if your Truck is a reject, please concur. Thanks. 1GCVKREC7HZ158026

Dec 01, 2020

General Motors — Sales-bomnin chevy

Tried to talk to Corvette sales rep. (Gabriel? [protected]) about $500 deposit. He never called back or...

Oct 31, 2020

GM — 2016 cadillac escalade

I have a 2016 Cadillac Escalade that has a problem with the clear coat. The hood started looking cloudy, so I...

General Motors2019 Chevy Traverse paint chipping away

To whom it may concern,

I purchased a 2019 Chevy Traverse, VIN #1GNERGKW2KJ300665, on June 06, 2019 and I have areas on my vehicle where the paint is literally chipping off without damage to the area. The hood of my vehicle has white spots on the hood where the paint has come off. I have owned many vehicles and have never had this problem before. I have never been so disappointed that I spent $42, 000 on this vehicle and have to deal with this issue. This is a problem that has to be looked at in person. I have tried to take photographs, but the quality is very poor.

I am aware of many other owners who are dealing with the same issue and have yet to see a paint recall by Chevy for the Traverse. I need to know where I can take my vehicle to be fixed due to this manufacturer defect.

I am so upset with the quality of this vehicle defect that I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Attorney Generals office and the Federal Commerce Commission to make them aware of this problem that General Motors has not remedied for consumers who have purchased this vehicle.

I can be contacted via email at [protected]@hotmail.com or via cell phone at [protected]. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,