Having problems with General Motors?

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

Complaints & Reviews

Catalytic converter for my gmc acadia slt

My catalytic converter on my gmc (on the driver's side I need to be replaced, however, i've been told this part has been discontinued. Is this true and if not where can this part be found? Also the cc need to be california legal to meet state emissions requirement. Has there been a recall on this catalytic converter? My e-mail address is [protected]@sbcglobal.net. In desperate need of a response!!! Thank you!!
Love my acadia

2018 chevy traverse brake issues

I bought a brand new zero miles 2018 chevy traverse in dec. of 2017. At 11, 000 milesall of make brakes and rotors went out. a week after I had them fixed they were still squeaking and took the car back to the dealership but they said nothing was wrong. About 15, 000 miles later the front brakes went out again and the dealership told me they were no longer under warranty. My husband fixed the brakes and then a few months later out of the blue my brakes started to grind. I had my car towed to Chevy dealership and they told me all of my brakes and rotors have gone completely out and would cost me $1100.00 to fix. My car is under 36, 000 miles. I have contacted GM customer service and the senior advisor is not responding to my calls or messages. When she did call she only let the phone ring once and then she hung up. She left no message and another time she sent me a email stating to communicate via text message. I have not I had my car in over 2 weeks and getting very upset. I did have a loaner car from dealership but they made me give it back. I have small children and need my vcar back and dont think I should pay for the brake problems that keeps happening.

2010 buick lucerne

I bought this car has had all mantinence done it has only 70000 miles on it and the motor started knocking like crazy. If this is the quality of motors you put out this will be the last gm. Product I buy. I would think you would put out better quality products. I am 78 years old now and no longer have a car and can not afford another.

Won't honor service bulletin

I received a letter dated may 8, saying that my car may be experiencing these problems. Bit when I contacted...

Vibration

2016 Silverado LT 5.3L V8 4X4 only 42K miles . Severe vibration at 74mph. Had local shop look into the issue on multiple occasions with no luck. Ive started with the cheaper more obvious stuff like rim balance, tire balance, different sets of tires, front end components, suspension, drive shaft balancing, engine & body mounts, and now they recommended looking into a 2-piece drive shaft and bracket or the rear end next.

Sick of playing the precess of elimination game. I'm done spending money on something that should have been recalled. The reason I got a newer vehicle is so I didn't need to deal with these problems anymore... Now i'm in a payment and still getting nickel and dimed again! Since purchasing this truck ive seen multiple complaints of the same kind with no true fix for the issue. Ive been a faithful gm owner for 25+ years but unfortunately this may be the time we part ways!

Some communication with a resolution from GM would be appreciated!

chev. surburban 2017 1gnschkc4hr173590

Took to dealership on 5/9/20 for check engine light on they said that two injectors had failed left vehicle, dealership said it would be ready mid next week or around 5/13/20 well this is 5/19/20 and dealership is telling me that they don't know when they can get the parts from GM. My name is Tony Powell [protected]

gm winter rebates.

I did my claim on november 25, 2019. I though I didn't heard anything because of the covid19, I called today to be told that I didn't submit all the paperwork, on a receipt and no invoice and it was too late to send it in. I have not receive any information about missing information or that my claim was not approved. I am very disappointed, because I had been waiting on this rebate for a very long time, only to find out that it was not approved. I should have been contacted or email that all the information was not all there. I do believe that I did send a copy of the invoice with a copy of the receipt, but I was told that the invoice was not included. Please help me to still have confidence in your company. I trust that you will make this right. Thank you
Carol moreland, 90 hickory drive, stockbridge, ga 30281

Body parts

Three Weeks ago I purchased a Sierra 1500, after owning it for 5 days, It recieved "Minor" damage during a wind storm. Insurance sent the truck to a local well respected body shop for a quick repair, we are now three weeks later and the "parts", are still on back order. The truck has less than 200 miles on it, and it sits in a body shop waiting for GMC to respond. When I contacted GM about this issue, I was told they would record my complaint, but there is nothing they could do, since the truck was being repaired at a "NON-GM" dealer. I asked if there was anyone I could talk to about this and I was given a resonding NOOO!. But they would record my complaint. I checked with the local Dealer and they gave me the same response. This is no way to treat a good customer. This is my 4th GMC Truck, but I think I need to return it since it is sitting in a shop, not due to anything I did, but due to GMC's lack of concern about a customer. Once they sold the truck, they wanted nothing to do with it, the dealer does not want to help. The prep for picking up the truck when it was new was also really bad, and again the Dealer said there was nothing else they could do to clean the truck. Zero concern for a customer. I am frustrated with no recourse.

Recall work, selkirk gm

I brought by 2017 Silverado into selkirk GM for recall work in February. I was away for work for a few weeks during which time Selkirk GM had my truck. They replaced some bus work for the rear defrost as per the recall. The roof panelling was removed to access the rear defrost switch. The switch is scuffed from prying on it which is disappointing but I can live with that. Personally I'd use a plastic pry so as not to mar the switch but that's just me. After getting my truck back I realized that the drivers side sunvisor was hanging crooked on the ceiling. It was obviously put back incorrectly. I gently, with a hand tool removed the sunvisor to see what the issue was. The retaining clips that hold the screws were broken. It appeared as if someone tightened them with an impact and broke them all. I called sekirk GM to complain and get replacements. The parts guy didn't understand what I needed and said to come in. I came in and stood at the counter for half an hour, with the broken part trying to explain that I needed replacements. One of the few people I dealt with at the counter gave me the wrong part, I explained it wasn't the right one and would strip out the screw, he told me to make it work because ordering the correct part took time and he didn't want to. I demanded (politely) that the correct part is ordered. After a few weeks the parts were in, another half hour at the counter explaining they too were the wrong part. These were far too large. I spoke to yet another person who attempted to order the correct part. Another week or two goes by and I receive them for free. They waived the 8 dollars or whatever the total was. I've only just recently got around to replacing the clips and again they are the incorrect part. Now, if I'd broken these I'd bite the bullet and sleep in the bed I've made. However I brought an expensive vehicle to a dealership in the hopes that they above all else would be the people I could trust to treat my vehicle with care and do any required work without issue. How wrong I've been. Not only have them broken something but every person I've spoken to leads me to believe that if I let the dealership try and repair it, they'd have jammed the wrong clips in, hit it with an impact gun and stripped the screws out. Everyone I've spoken to is ignorant, apathetic, lazy or just plain stupid. You can be sure that if I were running selkirk GM I'd be bending over backward to to ensure that every customer left satisfied especially if our facility damaged a customers. I'm Completely frustrated with sekirk GM and still have a $60k Truck with a broken sun visor sitting in the passenger seat. I've no option left but to try and source the parts elsewhere and make the repair myself. GM can be damned sure that I'll never bring my vehicle to a dealership as long as I live and my next commuter car will be a Toyota. Maybe they give a crap about their customers

Recall work, selkirk gm

Certified used vehicle

I purchased a Certified Used Vehicle and have been very disappointed with this dealer and GE. When I went to pick up my vehicle, the paint was messed up, the vehicle made noise and did not idle correctly. DePaula agree with my concerns/findings.
1) I purchased the paint coating, which they totally messed up. They applied it incorrectly, tried to fix it. I would not take delivery. They tried to fix it, but it took 4 tries and each one they buffed out the paint. They rubbed out a lot to the clear coat.
2) Vehicle had rattle sounds. Ehen I took it in the service person mentioned they couldn't hear any noise. I took service manager for a ride and within 1/2 mile he heard the noise. I took care of this issue myself.
3) Vehicle would not idle correctly. The service person ran a diagnostic test and said it did not show anything wrong. Took service manager for a ride and he agreed it did not idle correctly, but couldn't fix this since nothing showed on the test. Called GM and they wouldn't proceed or help unless I had another diagnostic test, however now DePaula wanted me to pay for this. Also, depending on what they find, I might have to pay for the repair. The test will not change, so I would be out $$ and still have an issue. This vehicle only had 20, 000 miles.

For this vehicle to be a Certified Used Vehicle, they are suppose to check and ensure its idling correctly. In fact, when I complained to the sales person about this issue, when I picked up the vehicle, they told me this is how the newer engines run. Can you believe this! If you believe this sales person, then why would anyone purchase a newer Chevrolet which will not idle correctly.
Certified Used Vehicle does not mean anything to this dealer or GM. They do not stand behind their promises.

Customer service manager was not at all helpful.

2020 Sierra AT4 1500 diesel

I have had electrical problems non stop since I purchased this vehicle, it has its own space at the dealership for service as it lives there 1/2 the time.

Delivered from the factory - torn cv boot had 2 weeks
Failed wheel speed sensor - had 3 weeks
First time they just gave it back a week later same problem.
Hit a bump and all lights on dash come on, 4x4 quits, antilock brakes quit, check engine light, no stabilitrak, no park assist. Had 3 weeks
Then cameras quit, they replaced cameras - didnt work, now replace video processor. - had 2 1/2 weeks
Steering column lock failure or engaging whil driving message, had 2 days
Recall on starter wire, recall on seat belts due to possible fire, - 2 days
Last week infotainment system was black, had sound no video.
Yesterday had video no sound.
Since purchased it always had sd card error on start up, nav message as well.

Non stop problems!!!
Customer service is the worst in the industry, they just call you every week to see if you are o.K.! One offered to discuss extended warranty or cash voucher to buy a different truck and I think she got fired... 5 advisors later, we get nowhere!!!

• Updated by Bill Clontz · Apr 06, 2020

Just in case GM sees this my case number is 9-5828056229, If they don't do something soon I will NEVER purchase another gm vehicle again!!! I own a business with 2200 customers and I will share my story with all of them as a mass mailer.

No recall assistance on continuing problems with traverse - steering pump and rack and pinion.

Why is GM not standing behind or giving any financial assistance on the faulty power steering pumps on the Traverse beyond 2011. This 2015 Traverse has power steering issues and possible rack and pinion having to be replaced and all mechanics state iit is a MAJOR GM problem that you will not stand behind. They was a recall on 2007 t0 2011 models and NOW the same pump is not warrantied or recalled for newer Traverses. I have owned GM vehicles for the last 48 years. This is not right. PLEASE POWER STEERING FAILURE on 2015 Chevy Traverse.

This is a car/suv I talked my son, Justin (a family of four soon to be five) into purchasing a GM product instead of a Jeep or Ford because it was a GM which I have always found dependable and helpful UNTIL NOW. Justin cannot afford a $3100 repair bill for a faulty power steering and rack & pinion that has been GM's problem for years on this model. PLEASE help with this issue. Thank you!

Transmission 2019 chevy impala

I purchased a 2019 Equinox Premiur November 2019, I was not totally impressed, I needed a road car, therefore...

2016 Chevy Silverado custom

I got my truck brand new in 2016 and I always noticed this on my truck but never thought it was a issue till My truck started to vibrate when I accelerated aggressively recently and started looking up would could cause the problem or if others having same issues and noticed that others have had the same thing while cruising I thought it would be control arms or bushings but I've had everything checked out and everything is good My truck vibrates when I accelerate to 50-60 goes away and vibrates/shakes while driving highway speed 70-90s

MaryBetz Mar 13, 2020

My truck is doing the same thing. Yes my is used but I have had it less then two weeks and have made number of phones and three trips to the dealer with no results. I need help. I want out of this truck and these payments, that my gut is telling me will bankrupt me.

Denali pickup

After 15 miles on gravel road 2019 denelli ultimate had over 60 paint chips on flaied edge of lower rear quarter panel .
Gm was good to offer paint job but i had to come up with a fix snd not only pay for it but i would have to gauanty the fix will work as they say after they paint it am on my own.
My 2016 never had the problem after 150000klm i had inly a few chips.

2015 GMC ACADIA

I have a 2015 GMC Acadia that has electrical issues that causes my headlights to go out. The daytime running lights work, but the headlight itself does not, usually on only one side at a time. There are no fuses or relays blown or anything to make this happen. I have to take it to the shop AGAIN!! This will be the 4th time in 2 years that I have to have it fixed. I keep paying for this to get fixed, but it is proving to be only a temporary fix. I have read that this is something that others experience too. It isn't the headlight being burned out. They end up replacing some wiring in the back and somehow it is hooked up to the headlight. They have to diagnose it every time and then charge me an arm and a leg to fix it for something that seems to be a problem with the vehicle. I don't see any recalls for the electrical issues but there should be. This is ridiculous for a vehicle that continues to have the same problem over and over again. Very disappointed and I would like help with this.

2017 hd 2500 silverado

So I was going down high at 70 miles a hour and all four of my tires lock up and my truck slows down to nothing. I had factory warrenty left and was told from the dealer that my hydrobooster failed so that would be replaced along with my rotors per gm tac. So if those parts failed I would like to know why I had to pay to replace the pads when those also should have been replaced because of those parts failing. That is not normal wear and tear when your brakes lockup going 70 on highway. I could have been in a major accident and .01 I had to pay the dealer when I got my truck because warrenty wouldn't cover the new pads. That is not right to replace everything else and also after they replaced all the other parts the peadal still wasn't releaseing so then they replaced my master cyl. So in the end I think I should get my money back for the pads you can't say everything else needs to be replaced and you don't cover them . who puts on new rotors and doesn't replace the pads. this work was done at buss Chevrolet on 1255 e. green bay st. Shawano Wisconsin 54166. number 715/524-0444. the job number was 59624 and my name is steve bierhals my email is [protected]@gmail.com and if this wont be refund I would like to know why. again I should get refunded the $212.01 I paided for my pads this was part of the failures fault. hope to here from you soon. steve

Headlights on 2013 Cadillac SRX.

I have a 2013 Cadallic SRX. I bought it used in November 2019. The headlights on bright are good, on dim the lights are almost nonexistent. The bulbs have been replaced 2 times but did not help at all. I understand there is a class-action law suit about this problem. Please tell me what I can do to get this problem taken care of. Thanks, Diane [protected]@yahoo.com

2019 gmc canyon denali

I purchased a BRAND NEW 2019 GMC Canyon Denali from Short Line GMC in Aurora on 6/1/19 w/39 miles. After a...

2017 chevrolet equinox 2.4l engine failure

Having oil consumption issues, moisture and sludge getting in air cleaner through crankcase ventilation hose. On 12/21/19 had problems keeping the engine running on my way home from work. I stopped and filled up gas before i got home. When I got home I shut the engine off and checked things under the hood and when I pulled the oil dipstick and smoke was coming out of the dipstick tube and no oil was on the stick. I ended up adding 3.5 quarts of oil add smoke was coming out the oil fill hole the whole time. I started the engine and with it running there is compression pressure coming out of oil fill with cap removed. At my next gas tank fill up, about 350mile later, I had to add another quart of oil. I decided to change the oil at 87, 000, earlier than schedule. Checked oil every gas fill up sometimes had to add a quart and sometimes not. I started checking oil every other gas fill up cause oil consumption wasn't as bad. I changed the oil at 90, 000 miles, scheduled interval. Checked oil 1st gas fill up after oil changed it was ok. Checked oil after 3rd gas fill up and added 1 quart of oil. Checked oil level at 91, 250 and i had to add 3 quarts, this was 4th gas fill ups after oil change. Checked oil next gas fill up was ok, checked the oil 2nd gas fill up added a quart of oil. Check oil after 3rd gas fill up after 3 quarts oil added, was ok. After 4th gas fill up after the 91, 250 mileage were I added the 3 quarts of oil, I was at half tank of gas, I realized that I didn't check the oil yet so I was going to check the oil when i got to work. On February 15, 2020 I was about half way to work suddenly with out warning lights, with no check engine light and no oil light, I heard a loud engine rattling noise so I imediately pulled over to the shouder of the highway and shut the engine off even before coming to a complete stop. Smoke was coming from under hood. I carry a quart of oil in the car, for obvious reasons, so I put it in the engine. Tried starting rattled and quite running. Tried starting it a 2nd time thinking oil I just added may have pumped up to moving parts after first starting attempt. but no good it rattled barely started before it stalled out. I got out and check the oil dipstick and had no oil on it, but there was a little oil on the ground just at the rear of the car. I had the car towed to were I work, and were I work is a heavy duty truck/bus garage. The car has 92, 370 on it. While having all these problems I learned by searching online that many people were having the same issues and problem that I have had. I know the warranty is limited to 60, 000 mile but my car was 2 years old when I started experiencing the oil consumption problem with the smell of the crankcase moisture / sludge getting in the air cleaner. I bought the car from a Chevrolet dealer, used, 16 months ago and it already had 49, 000 on it, so it left me with 16, 000 miles of drive train warranty left. I drive over 700 miles a week so it didn't take long to get past the 60, 000 mile mark.
How do I submit a compliant for possible warranty replacement of my General Motors 2017 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L engine. By the way I still owe $20, 000 on the loan and now unable to drive it and have to rent a vehicle to drive over 100 miles a day to get from home to work and back again, very expensive now that I'm paying monthly on a car I can't drive and I am renting, (RENTING IS NOT CHEAP) a car for my travel needs. Hoping to get quick results I'm running out of money!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices