Having problems with Opel Automobile?

8800 700 1365 (Russia)
+44 800 0264 0034 (United Kingdom)
+31 206 545 751 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 700 (Portugal)
+41 448 282 880 (Switzerland)
+27 800 422 777 (South Africa)
Bahnhofsplatz
Rüsselsheim am Main
Germany - 65423

Complaints & Reviews

Opel Insignia 2018

This is a seriouse safety concern and quality complain, the vehicle puts my life and my family life in a real danger.
same proplem within 1 month

Date: 5 Mar 2020
Contact Number: +[protected]
incident description:
- all of a sudden the vehicle computer stopped operating.
- all errors messages show up on the screen
- The vehicle accelerate by itself aggressively
- sudden brakes
- stearing resist any turning direction
- no speedo meter reading
- No RPM reading

Now i don't trust to ride the vehicle again before i get clarificaton on what happened and why?
ahould i start my legal action against Opel for putting my family and my life in danger
Compansation for staying all that time without vehicle spending money on my transportation.
This is really unacceptable from such company.

-opel crossland x, 1.2, gas, 96kw from 29.11.2017;
-delivered by german top trading srl, bucharest, romania;
-vin: w0v7d9eb8j4073778;
- dual mass flywheel + clutch broken (sachs) at 23.600 km! see photos:
It is not normal!! I am driver from 1986 on many, many cars;it is the first time what happened;
-the total price for parts+workmanship is over 1.200 euros,
Not covered by warranty, are supplies!!!
Please, I need a serious solution.
I am waiting your answer.
Best regards,
Gheorghe popa, bucharest
Euro top grafix srl

Opel Automobile

clutch fell down after 23.600 km!!!

Dear Sir/Madame,
My name is Gheorghe POPA, Bucharest Romania and I drive an Opel Crossland X Enjoy, VIN: W0V7D9EB8J4073778 (1.2 T/130hp) bought from German Top Trading srl Bucharest on 07.12.2017.
My problem is:
- in period of 10 days the engine has no more power/couple in any gear even the engine is woking up (1500/2000/3000 rpm);
- after a summary visual check in RADACINI Motors srl Service
Bucharest the diagnosis was : Kit clutch fell down and must be changed and probably flywheel double mass also.!!
Question: how is possible this faulty after 23.600 km only?
I am driver from 1986 on many model cars and in this moment I use a Honda Civic VIII 2010 and a Passat 2. o T/2009, so I believe is not about my driving style.
Whith the hope to receive an answer complete
Best regards,
Gheorghe POPA, mobile phone number: +[protected]
gheorghe. [protected]@tipografice. ro/ [protected]@gmail.com

PS. I can not attach o copy after the damage finding; the quality of my copy is too poor.

opel insignia grand sport 2018, in warranty, period spare parts not available

* I bought Opel insignia 2018 zero from the agent (Mansour Egypt). *I made 30000 Km, 2 weeks ago (28...

opel assistance

Dear Opel, I need to express my deep disapoitmant about opel assistance service in Serbia. Yesterday my car stop working. Eventhough I received tow service relativly on time I faced big problem in receiving replacement car as per letter of warranty. Car is still not given to me and opel.assistance is refusing to give me car in the same category. I'm considering to comply law suit against opel for breking letter of warranty.

the official agent does not know the cause of the car problem for more than a month!!

17/12/2019 Dear Head of Opel Customer Services, I am the owner of Opel Insignia car (Model, 2017/ chassi...

car repair did not start after 2 months from delivering the car to the center

Hello, On the 14th of September I got my 2016 Opel Corsa to the center after an accident, the center...

I was there on saturday october 12th, 2019 to vest

I was there yesterday Saturday October 12th 2019 to check the reason behind the huge consumption of petrol...

"inflated" pricing on parts made to buy

My car was brought in to the abovementioned branch on 13.06.2019 first what was supposed to be its annual...

Westvaal Rustenburg

my vehicle

I want to complaint about CMH Opel Umhlanga. They have a poor service. On the 23/02/2019 I went to service my...

CMH Opel Umhlanga

mokka

We got stranded on 23/12 without petrol & when assistance called us back we were told that it would not...

major technical failure of a new opel car + unreasonable repair cost

I am trying to reach the Customer Support of Opel Germany and I cant find any contact details.

I have bought a New Opel Astra in Oct 2010 in Cyprus. Last week the gearbox broke and needs to be replaced. The cost that Opel in Cyprus asked for was 5000 Eur which is 80% of the total current value of the car. However their initial estimation was [protected] Eur, on which they may have offered a very small discount.

I believe that it is premature to have such a technical failure on such a brand, preceded by so many other technical issues (coil inside the engine broke 1yr ago). I also believe that even [protected] is an unreasonable cost, let alone 5000.

In addition, please note that I am totally unhappy with the services offered by Opel in Cyprus: they are not responsive at all, they ignore complaints, they take very long to check the car and no one communicates with the customer, and their prices are outrageous.

service at local dealers

I am the owner of the above mentioned vehicle, about 6 weeks ago i took my vehicle, as always to the dealer...

dealership unable to fix my car

I felt compelled to share my experience with you I bought a new Opel Astra 1.4T Enjoy in August 2011 from...

company rules

Dear Customer Service,

My Name Is Mahmoud Abdel Bary, I live in Cairo – Egypt, and I own an Opel Astra 2004, I bought this car 3 months ago from a friend, it was 2nd hand…

Honestly I haven’t drive such a vehicle before, the car has amazing options which I didn’t find in any Automobile I use to own…

Two weeks ago I had a problem in the car’s engine, so I decided to take the car to the maintenance center to fix the car, and provide me with any original spare parts….

As soon as I entered the service center with the car I faced many problems, which really made me regret driving an Opel not because of the vehicle, but because of the franchise of Opel here in Egypt, which is Mansour..

At the beginning of my entrance of the center, I met Eng. Emad, he didn’t even welcome me, he simply asked me one question.. have you ever done any maintenance here ? I informed him that this is a used a car and I don’t know, he took the engine number and checked on the database, and he found out that the car didn’t enter the center before, and he refused to receive the car..

Without Arguing with Eng. Emad I simply asked him if there is a higher rank who I can talk to, he made me meet Mr. Mostafa Kamal (Reception Manager), who accordingly confirmed the same fact that they will not receive the car as long as it didn’t make any maintenance here…

I told them that this doesn’t make sense, and you are simply informing me to get rid from the car, they simply ignored my phrase, I informed them that I’ll complain in the Head Office in Austria, by they seemed not interested or threatened…

Please I need real action, because I have already wasted time, money, and I’m really depressed from the service which I don’t think it is an international rules & procedures from the mother company…

Name: Mahmoud Ibrahim Abdel Bary
Cell Phone: [protected], [protected]

Address: 11 mohamed sedki shafiee St El Manial – Cairo – Egypt…

engine faliure

My name is Moataz Nabil, I'm Egyptian & I live in Cairo in; this is my second time to contact Opel Germany directly in a desperate attempt to regain my rights from General Motors Egypt.

Back on April 28th 2008, I purchased a a brand new Opel Vectra 1.6 cc Easytronic transmission with the following details:

Model - 2008
Engine capacity - 1.6 cc
Engine # - 1369
Chasis # - [protected]

I invested in this car the amount of 195, 000.00 Egyptian Pounds equivalent to approximately 29, 000.00 Euros at the time of purchase which was all my savings in the past 5 years + a bank loan & now I'm totally moneyless after all that I spent on this notorious vehicle! After a fake test drive on a car which is definitely not like the one that I bought I was convinced. But when I drove the car for the first time, it seemed strange & not like the one that I test drove, the gearbox was strange & the car kept jumping & stopped twice!!! I took to the General Motors main Service Center (Mansour Opel/Chevrolet) after the first 1000 KM & they told me that this is normal & that I will get use to driving it because it needs a different sense; absolute nonsense! Anyhow, the real problems started after 5000 KM & I will brief tem as follows:

1. I kept hearing a horrible voice from the engine when I put the air condition on & accelerate. I took to the main service center & they told me that there was a factory defect in the compressor but unfortunately it was not available. I kept going back & forth till it finally arrived & they changed the compressor after 4 months; however I was shocked when the horrible voice continued.
2. I went again to the service center, they rechecked the car & said that the evaporator had to be changed!!! I insisted that sound was from the engine but they insisted that it was from the evaporator; again the sound continued.
3. I went again & they told me that this is a normal engine sound with the air condition on; ridiculous reply!!!
4. I kept on trying with Mansour spending significant amounts of time, money & more importantly this inflicted a painful psychological effect on me.
5. At around 25000 KM, I started hearing noises from everywhere in the car, the doors, the windows, the interiors etc.
6. The big problem was when, all of a sudden, the gearbox showed F on the screen & the car wouldn't move. I had to bring a truck to carry the car to the service center!!! At this time, I sent the first complaint to Opel Germany. The staff at the service center insisted that coke or pepsi & cigarette ashes were inside the gearbox internal compartment & that this caused the problem; by the way I don't smoke! After many discussions, they fixed it without charging me. I left but wasn't satisfied with the car.
7. The problems kept popping up every now & then & the horrible engine sound with the air-condition on started showing with the air-condition is off; this was 3 days ago.
8. I took it today to the service center at 69000 KM, I was shocked & had severe chest pain when they told me that the engine has complete failure only after 4 months from the expiration of the warranty.
9. I expected that they will do this with me after all the strange & fishy maneuvers.

• Ad
    ADAMS.FETCHER Sep 26, 2010

Good Day, just read through your complain on alibaba.i was also scammed by Sunrise East Asia Culture Art Development Co., Ltd. $2800.In the past 2 weeks i was contacted by a body in west Africa who have been of great help to me getting a compensation on money duped from me as a representative of my company.Presently i have been refunded and have balance my shortage with my company.Feels so great.If you still wish to get a compensation on money scammed contact me so i can give to you contact of agency conducting compensation.([email protected])

SINCERELY

ADAMS

rear axle braking device clattering

Rear axle braking device clattering on Opel New Astra 2010.
No technical information on the rear axle braking device.
I want the scheme of the rear axle braking device and the legal way to inform Opel GM on selling bad car parts

no spare parts

I am waiting since 2 months for some spare parts for my opel Astra 1200 CC
1- Air sensor
2- Air condition Blower
Finaly yesterday my car was not working. I asked the company engineer who told me it is the Crank Sensor, which is not available neither.

bad service in egypt

i have abig prob;em with car service center they dont have any experinces to deal with my opel when i ask them to fix any thing in my car they said we can not do any thing for u so to whom i can go and they do not tell me about thing to change in the maintenance table and the result that thing in my cars failed just as el cetrical thing and mechanical and they put un original spare parts to my car and make my car goes too too bad because of them and the spare part is very very expensive and unsuitable so what can i do i need fast soulotion thx for u

ecu

I have serious complains about my Opel Corsa.
I own an Opel corsa (Nov. 2001) Auto transmission. Recently I have faced a problem, and it doesn't start in the morning and flashes "F" . I took it to Opel dealer and they told me that ECU has been damaged and should be changed and cost me 1500 Euro .
It is really funny, my car is not that old and I should spend almost one third of the car price to buy new ECU .
Dealer told me that ECU can be damaged even in new cars, and I think this can result in bad reputation for Opel, since my searched in Internet indicates that there are so many people having the problem like mine.
I was planning to buy new Opel Corsa, but because I faced this problem I will never buy Opel any more, unless there is some support from Opel in this regard

• Tn
    tnucface Dec 03, 2009

hahha, i got away with 420 for it. you suck

mariio Jan 09, 2012

thats all true i agree. i have a 2001 also with the same problem in malta. same price to fix also. im thinking about scrapping this pile of crap and sell it for parts. i will never buy another opel again.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices