Menu
Opel Automobile
reviews & complaints

Opel Automobile
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

69 complaints
5 resolved 64 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Opel Automobile. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:02 am

Opel Automobile - Crossland X

To whom it may concern in Opel HQ,

I'm writing this email to complain about a malfunction in my Opel Crossland x motor.

Model:2018

chassis number: 4269900

Motor Number : 32059

During my scheduled maintenances at Opel Mansour (Alamreya Branch, Alexandria, Egypt) and specifically starting from 15,000-20,000 KM maintenances, just a few days after I've done my maintenance which included replacing the oil at Opel Mansour (Opel service provider in Egypt). The car gave me an " Oil level low" indicator so I headed back to the Service provider and their reply was that "its a programming error and we fixed it".

Later, the problem kept on taking place to the extent that the Vehicle started showing me the Engine fault sign, and their response was the same. Until the first scheduled maintenance just right after my 3 years warranty was done and then suddenly they asked me to change the oil pump to fix this problem.

A month later, the same error happened again and engine fault sign showed up on my dashboard, so I went there again and they were like its just a programming error nothing more, we will fix it and suddenly I saw white fumes coming out of my car and they came and clearly said you need a new engine and they stated clearly that "this is a Production defect in the Vehicle's motor" and that they shall take care of it!

After negotiations with them, they came with a proposal that they will make me 55,000 EGP of the 120,000 EGP engine price. Though I'm not intending to pay them anything cause I've reported this defect during my warranty period and as well the engine was ruined at their maintenance center with their people trying to manipulate the error and me, and just turn off the alerts at any cost!

A Crossland X Model of 2018, only used inside the city, 47,000KM mileage and no accidents and I'm asked to pay for an engine! As well, taking into consideration that I've done all my required maintenances on time at Mansour Opel (the Authorized Service Provider). This is damaging to Opel's reputation by all means; Mansour Opel is quite a dangerous threat for Opel in Egypt as they for some odd reasons falsely diagnose the cars during the warranty period in order to gain profit later on from a situation like mine! This is unacceptable and i believe it would be unacceptable to you as well. Additionally, during the last period (2 weeks) I wasn't even offered a replacement car till I agree on their terms and pay, and as well they refused to provide me with a replacement car when they kept the vehicle for two weeks to fix the oil pump. this reveals the drastically low quality customer service they are providing.

So I hereby would like to ask Opel to take the necessary actions towards Opel Mansour Egypt and make them fix my car perfectly at their own cost, as It makes no sense to buy a whole new engine for a car after three years of a below average usage rate !

Thank you for your cooperation, looking forward to hearing from you soon !

Regards,

Engy Khaled

Desired outcome: Opel to take the necessary actions towards Opel Mansour Egypt and make them fix my car perfectly at their own cost.

6:29 pm

Opel Automobile - Grand land X 2021

Complaint from substandard,non-honest, very bad servicing provided by Mansour Chevrolet group (Agent of Opel Cars in Egypt). The story started when the car is stopped due to battary problem and I called Mansour Customer service to send a crane which already arrived and took the car to the workshop for repair or replace the car battary, they informed me that the battery was replaced by a new one and when I asked for a formal report detailing the servicing works they refused to issue any formal paper and said that the battary was replaced, after three days followed the delivery day the car was stopped again with no response, it seems that the battary was not replaced and they left the old battary, in addition to a new mulfunction appeared after car delivery, the mulfunction of parking electric brake, also they used my car over the course of 3 days when my car was under repair inside their workshop for their private trips, it was so clear after reviewing the car miles counter and gasoline level. They provided a very bad and negative image for a highly respected manufacturer like Opel. Please take all legal actions against this agent and help me to get my rights (full servicing+respecting the customer+honesty). Thanks in advance.

6:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My top gasket had problems on so my mechanic took it to Trio Automotive Engineers in Paarl Western Cape. They said that I must buy my own parts to put inside the top gasket. On May 25 2022 I bought the parts and my mechanic took it to them on May 28 2022. I called them on May 29 and ask them when will the top be ready to collect which they assure my the...

S
3:07 am

Opel Automobile - Opel Egypt - Opel mokka 2022

To whom it may concern,

I've had a very bad experience with Opel Egypt that I'd like to file a complaint against.

I've reserved your new mokka back on the 27th of February( the 2nd day after you have announced the release) and I've paid for it the full amount on the 7th of April requesting a specific color ( white) with the promise that they will deliver my request by the end of the month. April passed and now that we've reached the 17th of May, they called claiming that our specific color is not available and there is only the green color and now I have to accept it or get a refund ( opportunity cost, I have lost the opportunity to purchase another vehicle with same value).

So to sum it up, I have reserved a car and paid it's full price and got absolutely nothing from what I wanted. Your authorized seller ( Mansour) has told me that they can do nothing about it.

I am a very disappointed Customer, will never recommend your brand and will never ever purchase any of your products if this situation passed as is without you doing anything about it.

Let me know what would be your reaction to such an unprofessional act like this.

Please find attached all the supporting documents

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you.

D
5:18 pm

Opel Automobile - Increasing the price of opel mokka at egypt

I registered a Mokka car from Mansour auto branch katmya branch - Egypt with 30,00EGP with confirmation from salesman that the price will be fixed for all people who will register by the agreed amount (he didn’t ask me to pay more than 30,000EGP and told me any amount will keep the price fixed

And I will receive my car within 1: 1.5 months by max 1.5 months

Yesterday I received a call from sales team that I should pay 31,500 EGP more than the agreed car cost and I should complete all car cost within 4 days by max and I will receive the car during April or I will pay the new car price and wait a lot of time

Appreciate your fast support to receive my car with the agreed price in the registration receipt.

I trusted opel and reserved the car so please don’t let me disappointed.

Desired outcome: Receiving the car with the agreed price

8:10 am

Opel Automobile - Opel Egypt- Increase in Opel Corsa's agreed upon price after reservation.

I reserved a top line Opel corsa 2022 from Mansour automotive Egypt, Opel authorized partner on March 20.

I was told that I should pay a reservation amount of EGP50,000 to make sure that the car price doesn’t increase during the period of car arrival.

-When I paid, the receipt included that the agreed upon price (EGP 350,000) on the date of reservation will remain unchanged.

I was then informed on April 6 that there will be a price increase of EGP21,000, due to due to the fluctuations in Egypt's economy (Which began on March 21) and that I should pay the full amount in 3 days along with the increase to receive the car in two weeks.

This is unprofessional and was not agreed upon.

Desired outcome: To receive my car with the agreed upon price 350,000EGP without any price increases.

4:20 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel Corsa

mein Name ist Mariam Mahmoud Mohamed Saleh. Am 16.02.22 habe ich bei Mansour Opel Egypt einen Opel Corsa (Top-Line Plus) 2022 reserviert und 50 000 EGP eingezahlt. Ich schreibe im Namen von 16 Personen, die genauso wie ich einen Wagen bei diesem Unternehmen reserviert haben. Mündlich wurde uns mitgeteilt, dass die Autos schon auf dem Weg sind und wir sie innerhalb von 30 bis 45 Tagen erhalten werden. Wir haben eine Quittung bekommen, dass 50 000 EGP eingezahlt wurden und dass der Autopreis 350 000 beträgt. Bis jetzt sind 49 Tage vergangen und ein Vertreter von Mansour Opel Egypt hat uns heute telefonisch mitgeteilt, dass wir für die reservierten Autos innerhalb von einer Woche 21 000 EGP mehr bezahlen sollen und die Autos Ende April erhalten werden. Laut Verbraucherzentrale in Ägypten ist es nicht erlaubt, von uns Mehrkosten zu verlangen. Ein Beweis dafür ist auch, dass Mansour Opel Egypt von uns verlangt, das Dokument zu unterschreiben, in dem steht, dass wir bereit sind, die Mehrkosten in einer Höhe von 21 000 zu tragen. Da Kia, Fiat, Nissan und andere Autohersteller die reservierten Autos zum alten Preis verkauft haben, wird die Preiserhöhung bei Opel sich negativ auf den Ruf von Opel in Aegypten auswirken.

Wir bitten Sie um eine offizielle Stellungnahme zu diesm Fall.

Auf eine schnelle Antwort würden wir uns sehr freuen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Mariam Saleh und 16 weitere unzufriedene Kunden

Unten finden Sie die Namen und Reservierungsnummern von den 13 Kunden. Email: [email protected]

1. Mariam Mahmoud Mohamed Saleh

16. Mariam Ahmed Mohamed Galal

2022100164

10:38 am

Opel Automobile - Egyptian agent almansour

In behave of hundreds of Egyptians that reserved Opel mocca in Egypt with the agent almansour, we seek the justice and honesty of the brand Opel. We reserved our cars in different timing from the launching on 25/2 till the reservation stopped on 21 of march. I myself reserved my car on 14 of march and it was said that we will automatically get our car with the established fees. I had a phone call yesterday dated 6 April from the seller that i had to pay 31 thousand more than the fees issued before !and that to be within a week!

We trusted Opel name and reserved our cars despite of the Astra problem on 2021!

Save the name of Opel please

11:27 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel mokka 2022

I registered a Mokka car from Mansour auto branch in Tanta - Egypt with 50,000 EGP with confirmation from salesman that the price will be fixed for all people who will register by the agreed amount (50,000 EGP) (he didn’t ask me to pay more than 50,000 EGP

And I will receive my car within 1: 1.5 months by max , although he writes in the receipt the delivery will be in September 2022 & he confirmed the delivery date not more than 1.5 months

9:11 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel corsa 2022 topline plus

-I reserved an Opel Corsa on 5/3

-In the reservation, it is included that the agreed upon price on the date of reservation will remain unchanged.

-US dollar to Egyptian pound price increased from 15.7 to 18.3 on the 21st of March.

-Subsequently There was a generalized increase in the official prices on most available cars.

-Opel Egypt decided to charge those with reservations 70% of that increase.

Desired outcome: I would like to receive my reserved car with the original agreed upon price. Thank you

7:40 pm

Opel Automobile - Increase in agreed upon price after reservation.

-I reserved an Opel Mokka on 26/2.

-Opel Egypt decided to charge those with reservations 70% of that increase.

W
7:11 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel Corsa 2022

I reserved Opel Corsa 2022 from mantra automotive egypt "Mansour" on 27 Feb for 350,000 egyption pounds, i reserve it by 50,000 as they requested , i will be received the car after 3 weeks or 4 ,on 21 Mar they increase the car cost to 380,000,they no longer contact customers , no longer issue any decision and they stopped the car receiving after that told us we must pay 70% from the increased amount , although we have agrement from them that no changed in the car price and it is fixed price.

this is un acceptable and not satisfied for us

Desired outcome: we trusted opel ..... and we are not goning to accept this policy please, advice Mantra outomotive Egypt to fulfil thier promsis and give us the agreement with agreed prices as we reserved.

K
7:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The price suddenly increased to shows 31,000 EGP. I have reserved the car on 27-02-2022 with only 389,990 EGP. So I don’t agree with this increase, as I mentioned that we have a contract and i have a bill with the down payment that i paid and the remaining amount for the car price which is 389,990 EGP. So appreciate your feedback and support for this case and reply me back. Thanks

Z
6:54 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel Egypt Car Reservation

Greetings,

On the first of march, I’ve visited Opel Egypt showroom to buy the new Opel Mokka. I was told that the car will be available in 45 days and I should pay a reservation amount to make sure that the car price doesn’t increase during the period. The rest should be paid when the car arrives. I’ve followed their demands and paid the reservation amount and sold my original car to be prepared and I’ve been waiting for my car. Today, opel authorized partner “Mansour Automotive” informed us that due to the fluctuations in the world economy we should pay extra 31500 Egyptian Pounds to recieve our cars in a period of 10 days. Our deal was the price won’t change no matter what happens and paid the reservation to ensure we don’t face any price increases. That behavior is extremely unprofessional from an opel authorized partner.

Desired outcome: We recieve our cars for the price we agreed on the first place which is 389900 EGP without any price increases during the period we agreed on.

6:47 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel mokka

لقد قمت بحجز السيارة اوبل موكا الفئة الاولي بمبلغ خمسون الف جنيه وفقا لطلب مسئول البيع في توكيل اوبل فرع الشيخ زايد علي ان يتم استلامي السيارة بعد شهرين بحد اقصي ودفع باقي المبلغ وتم التأكيد عليا وقت الحجز ان سعر السيارة ثابت حتي لو تم تغيير سعر الدولار قبل الاستلام ولم يذكر ابدا اني من الممكن دفع كامل المبلغ قبل الاستلام لضمان حقي في تثبيت السعر في ايصال التعاقد وهو ٣٩٠ الف - وبعد ارتفاع سعر الدولار وانتظاري اكتر من اسبوعيين ليتم طمأنتي بتثبيت سعر السيارة كما قيل تم ابلاغي اليوم اني يجب ان اتحمل ٧٠٪؜ من نسبة الزيادة وهذا غير مقبول اطلاقا بالنسبة لي.

Desired outcome: استلامي السيارة بنفس سعر الحجز القديم هذا هو الخيار الوحيد بالنسبة لي

L
6:21 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In Egypt we had a crisis related to dollar prices which started in 21st of last March. In 25th of February 2022 I reserved my car from Mansour Automotive “The official distributor of opel in Egypt” and I paid 50,000 Egyptian pounds as the reservation fees. When I did that I received a receipt that included the total price of the car with was 390,000 pound...

6:20 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel mokka 2022 egypt

My issue is that I reserved my car from EGYPTs official distributor of opel “Manaour”

And after reserving it on the 28 February …

Then the dollar value has increased due to the current international crisis.. which impacted the value of EGP vs USD ..

and now “Mansour” is not giving us a final decision regarding our reservations and does not even want to accept the full car payment as most of took car loans with cheques ..

which is giving us a very hard time as we dont know the price we are gonna receive the car for .. and after all the bank approvals most of us can afford the increase they wants to apply .. or the delay as most of us sold their current cars built on the sales promise to receive it in max 60 days ..

Desired outcome: Final decision for car price for people whome reserved it before the increase

5:18 pm

Opel Automobile - Opel mokka reservation egypt

I reserved opel mokka gs line from mantra mansour on 19 March for 429990 egyption pounds i paid 50000 egyption pounds as they requested and after 2 days they raised the cost of car to 469990 then they called all the people who reserved the car before they raise the price to tell them that they will pay 461500 egyption pounds and they will recive thier cars after they pay the new full amount and this is un acceptable

we trusted opel company and reserved our cars with a certain amount then they changed the price its not our faults especially that they already had the cars ..

I'm sending this email because we trust opel and we are not going to accept mantra company or mansour company to decive us with the name of one of the biggest entities like opel

Desired outcome: I'd like contant mantra company to fulfil thier promsis and give us the cars with the prices we reserved the car with

6:56 am

Opel Automobile - Opel mokka 2022

And after reserving it on the 14 of march…

Desired outcome: Final decision for car price for people whom reserved it before the increase

N
11:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We wanted to buy a car that would perform well for several years and offer great after-sale services. We purchased an Opel Astra car model 2021 from Egypt. Not in a million years would I have imagined that after ONLY one year of normal usage the car engine would totally break down and that we would be left without a car for several months. Most of the Astra...

Opel Automobile contacts