Complaints & Reviews

Truecredit.comrefusal to cancel my account

I was a customer of Truecredit.com from 2008 to 2011. After I purchased a new condo, I no longer needed the service. I called on 12/15/11 to cancel, yet they continued to bill me in both January and February 2012. I called again to cancel, and they said I could not, because I had accessed the webite earlier that day (yes, I did... to find out if I could cancel online... you can't). Called back severals days later to find out if the 2nd cancelation had been done, and it was not. Very SAD that the biggest FRAUD I've experienced is with the one agency whose mission it is to protect me from such things. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE... YOU CAN GET FREE REPORTS EVERY QUARTER... why pay for it, and get stuck with this hassel.

True Credit — Un-authorized monthly billing

After checking my credit report on 12/04/2009, with Transunion, they required a ONE time charge with my...

Truecredit.comTheir name TRUE CREDIT, is a joke

They are a scam!!! They market your credit scores as if the numbers are coming directly from the three credit reporting bureaus, when in fact the numbers are some fictious numbers TRUE CREDIT has in fact come up with. The credit scores they provide are of no value to you as a consumer. Not only should you avoid them like the plaque, if you are utilizing them, cancel now and ask for a refund of dime you ever paid. Their name TRUE CREDIT, is a joke.

Truecredit.comscam and misleading

What a scam! I paid for the three credit score and report for myself and my husband when we started the process of applying for a mortgage for a new home. I was very happy to see that my score was 756, 767 and 803. I thought we were home free. When I called Wells Fargo to get a preapproval and they checked my credit my scores were over 100 points lower. I couldn't believe it. I called true credit by transunion and was told they use a different scoring system and the scores that banks and lenders use are different. No kidding they're different. I cancelled the service and was told that I could not have a refund since I already used their service. Gee, great I get charged for using a useless service and then when I am utterly dissatisfied am refused a refund. The woman said she would transfer me to another department which she did. That office was closed and gave me no other options! This is a completely useless service for people who actually want to know what scores the banks and other credit issuers are looking at to determine credit worthiness. Stay away. Shame on transunion.

• Br
          Broderick Mar 11, 2011

Lied about being a free trial. The charged me twice and i didn't get my credit report Called them and they were rude and hung up on me. Finally got a supervisor. Same rude attitude. They refused to refund my money. Stay away from this site.

• Yo
          YOBOO Mar 11, 2011

did u get ur furniture

• Cl
          ClaudiaGM Nov 24, 2011

I tried to cancel my free trial before they charge my credit card, and they wouldn't answer the phone I call transunion since that how I enrolled to truecredit and they say they couldn't do anything I tried calling truecredit costumer service for 5 hours and no answer!!!

• Be
          bernadette ward Jan 08, 2012

true credit is a scam.they advertise free credit reports.once they get the credit card number they promply bill it for 14.95 and then a day later they bill it for 29.95.they are thieves .they will not give u back your money.beware of true credit.they are a cut below.you will be out 50.00 bucks very quick and no service for it either.

• Be
          bernadette ward Jan 08, 2012

if you want to donate 50.00...sign up with true credit.no service for your money.internet nscam for sure

• Fi
          Firmex Jan 24, 2013

Whatever you do, stay away from this company.

True CreditInaccurate information

I have been a paid member of truecredit.com for over a year while I was repairing my credit.

As of the last information on the site, my credit scores for all three agencies were in the mid-600s.

I was working with a mortgage broker to obtain a very small mortgage (under 50K) because home prices are so cheap in my area.

She called me and said that the credit reports she was getting from all three agencies were MUCH LOWER than the TrueCredit scores. I called True Credit and asked them why there was such a variance. They could not explain why.

I have been paying them $15 a month for NOTHING. All the progress I thought I had made was meaningless. I am devastated.

I am reporting them to the FTC and the Better Business Bureau for fraudulent activities.

TrueCreditovercharged

i was informed i could get my free score but was charged a month later on my debit card, i called and the indian man convinced me to upgrade to 3 reports for only 9.99 as opposed to 14.95 for just trans., stated he could credit me back 14.95 and charge just 9.99 and go with this special offer!! well looking at my bank statement i was charged 14.95 twice and credit only once with an additional 9.99 charge 2 days later, my free credit report cost me 24.98 and about an hour on the phone. i had the service less than a month. Trying to cancel is a joke and they refuse to cancel your account. i was hung up on by 3 ppl who couldnt explain to me what had happened. i hope this gets cancelled but STAY AWAY FROM TRUECREDIT BY TRANSUNION, i will be contacted my local news station to help spread the word across oklahoma city/tulsa area

TrueCredit — canceled and they charge me

I had true credit service for many years, I wanted to cancel, I had authorization with my debet card, I...

TrueCreditCan not stop subscription

I have had this service for 5 months now and decided to stop it. There is no where on the website that allows you to do this. There is also no where on the website that provided a phone number for customer service reps.

Having to contact my credit card to contest the charge and I'll let them deal with it!

• Da
                DaveS. Mar 31, 2010

You can call them at [protected] and cancel. I just did this morning. I got a little worried at first, because when I pressed "2" to cancel, I got disconnected. But when I called back a second time, it worked, and I got a rep. He wasn't too pushy and I was able to cancel in a couple minutes.

• Dl
                dlg2369 May 26, 2011

Did you know that Creditreport.com, freecreditreport.com, truecredit.com, experian.com are ALL THE SAME?? I called today b/c I was getting billed for three services and wanted to cancel. Credit report informed me that I had two accts that were active and I was being billed for them. After cancelling both, I called Experian and she said I had two accts that were already set for cancellation. So I said "you two are connected then right?" Her smart *&# response was "AHH, you've caught on". BEWARE!!!

Truecredit.comFake commercials insulting my intelligence

All of the TrueCredit.com ads are fake. 'Chuck Storm' walking into a post, someone catching a football and running into cables, the ridiculously fake guy stapling up christmas lights and the alleged trip and fall at a wedding.

In all four four of these examples, the camera work gives away that they are fake. Not to mention that the staplegun guy helps in the wrong place, which NOT stapling his finger which moves afterwards anyhow.

It's all pathetic and utterly irritating. It's compounded by the fact they always show two back to back...double more annoying.

Get this crap off TV.

• Ga
                  Gary Johnson May 14, 2009

I'd typed 'yelped' not helps and 'whilst NOT' and not 'which NOT' but the site appeared to spell check these somehow!

• Me
                  menocu Sep 17, 2009

So wait.. you think they're trying to pass these off as real accidents caught on tape? LoL.. good catch man; way to debunk a fraud!

True Credit — SCAM and FRAUD upon cancellation!

I have used www.truecredit.com for a long time. I called to cancel my account as did my husband and my...

True Credit — unathorized charges

More unauthorized credit card charges. They refunded 2 months worth but I am demanding all of it back. I have...

Truecredit.comScam charges

Truecredit.com (by Transunion) offers a monthly monitoring service ($14.95)to protect your credit. I subscribed and then tried to stop the monthly service. It took me several tries to end the service and the monthly fees continued; how to cancel is not on any of their websites and a phone number is very very difficult to find. When I finally did contact a service rep, I was told the way to cancel was to go to my credit card information and enter all zeroes! I still cannot find a phone number (domestic USA) to call & lodge my complaint. Their service reps are out of country.

It is clearly a deliberate action on their behalf so that once you start the service it is extremely difficult to end it. You would think that a credit reporting agency (Transunion) would be more forthright and not have to resort to such underhanded tactics to its customers.

TrueCredit — Fraud and scam!

I am trying to refi. So I thought the $15.95/month deal from truecredit.com (aka transunion) would be great, ...