Complaints & Reviews

car shipping

I went to shiply to move my car and they introduced me to a fake company that stole $800 from me. When I called Shiply to report this and ask for a solution to moving my car ASAP as I was about to start a new job to on the other side of the country they told me there was nothing they could do for me and that I should create a new listing on their site to find an alternative moving company. So not only did they not help me move my vehicle after introducing me to a scam, they also offered zero help or refund for the money that was stolen from me. I'm shocked this is how they operate and treat their customers.

quotes

After receiving a quote four times the amount of others I'd received I questioned as much with the Shiply agent. He then claimed I was a "jumped up [censored]" so I'm guessing they aren't the reputable and helpful organisation they claim to be. Glad I discovered this before forking over thousands, especially after I've now read so many horror stories about them.

they just walk away if there is a problem

I used shiply to find a transport company to transport an antique table which had cost me £89. The freight company had quoted £73 to transport it. The table was damaged in...

Shiply Courier ServiceParcels collected, never seen since

A courier selected from Shiply collected 10 x parcels, but were never delivered.

Shiply have totally stonewalled me even though I have had to report this matter to the police.

I am concerned about Shiply’s lack of due care as it appears that the ‘Vetting’ process is not thorough, and they have never asked me for the value or contents of the missing parcels.

A Registered and witnessed letter to the MD plus numerous requests for a response from a company director has resulted in ….silence.

• Gr
    Graham Hunton Jan 31, 2016

Please don't hold your breath for any sort of response from SHIPLY to show that they feel any responsibility for an ineffective vetting process which allows FRAUDSTERS to bid for work on their site and take your money and or goods.
    I reported my case to ACTION FRAUD who involved the POLICE who informed me that the FRAUDSTER who bid via SHIPLY is appearing in COURT and that FALSE ADDRESSES feature in the case. SHIPLY gave me a FALSE ADDRESS for the FRAUDSTER which meant I could not take a SMALL CLAIMS ACTION against the Courier. CITIZENS ADVICE have advised me to write formally to SHIPLY setting out why I think they NEGLIGENTLY DID NOT VET THE COURIER as a result of which I HAVE LOST MONEY BY USING SHIPLY'S 'SERVICES' FOR WHICH I PAID A FEE. This is a precursor to referring the case to TRADING STANDARDS.
    As yet I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM SHIPLY. No surprises there then. While I have lost about £250 I feel immense sympathy for anyone who has in addition lost goods. Many of these people appear in forums such as this but so far SHIPLY HAS AVOIDED ASSISTING ANYONE WHO HAS LOST MONEY OR GOODS BY PLACING THEIR TRUST IN THEIR FIRM WHO HAS SUFFERED BECAUSE OF AN INEFFECTIVE VETTING PROCESS.

Rod Axford - Beech Couriers - Shiply — Missing Delivery

I accepted a quote which I had obtained through Shiply with a courier company called Beech Couriers / Rod Axford to delivery two items from Derbyshire to Paris. This was in...

Poor service

I accepted a quote for delivery of two wardrobes. Shiply took a payment, which covers their fee and the deposit for the courier. The courier, Dave Whittell, failed to make the...

Shiply Courier ServiceDon't pay them money!

Shiply Courier Service asked me to pay money only for animal shipping and I transferred $300 to them. Two days later they called me and told that some problems occurred on the customs and it is needed to pay $400 more. I paid the money and I have never heard from them since that time.

• Tr
    Travelanywhere Nov 11, 2018

Shiply are refusing to refund my deposit. They took 2 deposits because first firm accepted let me down. Second firm has delivered but only one of my deposits was given to them.
    Despite numerous phone calls and emails, they still refuse to refund my deposit.