Menu
Family Dollar Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Family Dollar
reviews and complaints

www.familydollar.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 2303 Reviews

How responsive is Family Dollar's customer service?

82 Resolved
2211 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Family Dollar handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Family Dollar and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Family Dollar has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Family Dollar reviews and complaints 2303

Filter reviews by rating
9 reviews
1 review
Sort by:

Newest Family Dollar reviews and complaints

4:56 pm EDT

Family Dollar store condition

Every time I am in this store isles and shelves are blocked. I could not even look at half of the items I wanted to as the staff was nowhere to be found and it is not the customers job to move the stuff out of the way. This gets to be very frustrating especially when you try to take kids in the store. People shouldn't have to move down another isle so someone else can get through. It's sickening and I will be finding a new store to shop at until this is fixed.

I
5:54 pm EDT

Family Dollar store set up

This store is an absolute disaster! If a company inspector ever showed up, OMG! Boxes all over the place, bins laying all over. You can't even get down one isle It's like an obstacle course! Some are so bad you have to enter at the other end of the isle ( if you can). Items are thrown all over! I was disgusted Left my basket with items in it and, walked out. 1st time I've ever done that !

11:29 pm EDT

Family Dollar complaint against manager

Hello I am a family dollar assistant store manager I want to file a report on my store manager her name is Shardae Hamilton the store I work at is in Dallas Texas store 3732 off of Ledbetter and Sunnyvale basically I'm writing to y'all because I don't know what else to do because our district manager doesn't do anything about the situation we been having his name is Juan Rivas and we been having this problem every since she became our store manager and has no respect for her employees cursing at us and wasn't trained properly to be a manager doesn't know how to handle situations as a manager... she is very rude and disrespectful to customers as well I also have proof on how she speak to her employees... well that's about all I got but I hope that is enough and if y'all have any questions please feel free to call me at [protected] or feel free to email me at [protected]@yahoo.com

5:23 pm EDT

Family Dollar i'm complaining about an employee that is using and selling drugs while working on her lunch break or during store store hours while working

Bre'yun Ashley croft has been selling drugs out of the family dollar store on bonanza and rancho for awhile. She has been selling and using drugs during her lunch break in the parking lot but when inside the store she walks off as if shes helping customers to sell her weed. I mentioned this in the store that you don't have a licence to operate a dispenser. She said mind your business or I will have u 86 from the store. I said it is my business when u ask if I want some weed.. I just want to give notice on what this employee is doing.
I want to remain unanimous but people are stealing out of that store more because of what she's doing as well.. The customers feel they can do it based on what she provides for them.

M
11:42 pm EDT

Family Dollar manager

I was an employee as of last Thursday October 3rd I went in to start my shift /assistant store manager, , the manager of the store earlier that day filled my entire drawer with loose change that it took me 10 minutes to count it, I said to her this was a bit excessive don't u think, and she didn't have the respect to answer me at all, she was mad because the cashier we have always lets his drawer empty w no change so the day I closed I put 1 roll of each change in the drawer that was very low to begin with and for some reason she treated me terribly and never said to me can we talk or nothing, after she left the store she began to text me and was very ignorant with her words, , and the beginning of September I had a very hurt wrist in which I was put off work by the dr. And when I returned to work she was very short with me, , now I never called off or nothing, so I decided after the whole deal with the way she talked to me n her very unprofessional actions I felt I no longer needed to take this kind of behavior so I left, , I would certainly appreciate some feed back on the misconduct that was done to me,

1:15 pm EDT

Family Dollar trash and overgrown weeds

When my mother opens her front door this is what she sees. I am not sure what has happened that they stopped taken care of the outside grounds but this has to stop. The trash and the over grown weeds need to do. When a Family Dollar, Dollar General or Dollar Tree comes in to a proximity black neighborhood this is what happens. Please try to make a difference for a change.

10:51 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar horrible customer service by store manager

I shop at this location very often and on October 7th I had the worst experience ever while shopping at this store. My girlfriend and I went to the store around 8:30 pm to get a couple things and browse around to see what else we may want, We've done this countless times not thinking there was anything wrong with doing this, well apparently what we were doing is not something "grown adults" do as this is what we were told by the store manager Tommy. I went to the register to purchase a Dr. Pepper while my girlfriend was still looking around. As I was checking out Tommy informed me that he didn't appreciate the fact we were walking around the store looking at things and picking them up because he would have to go around and pick up after us and that that's not what grown adults do. I was completely shocked that he talked to a customer like that. I'm a customer that shops at that store a few times a week and I find it very unprofessional that the store manager degraded and embarrassed loyal customers by not only telling me at the register that I was basically acting like a child and he didn't want to have to clean up after me, but before I even approached the register we could hear him saying all this to another employee from half way across the store. I have never been treated with such disrespect by any establishment like Tommy treated me today. I told my girlfriend to put back the items we we're going to buy and we left the store disgusted by the way your store manager treated us. I don't think I ever want to visit your establishment ever again in fear of being completely disrespected like I was today, and that's a shame because I've had nothing but pleasant experiences previous to today. I hope y'all can rectify this issue and convince me this was an issolated incident and that I'll never be treated like this ever again when shopping at your stores. I appreciate your time and if you have any further questions I can be reached at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Update by stevieboi781
Oct 08, 2019 7:06 am EDT

I also want to add that when he took the money for the drink he snatched it out of my hand

L
8:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar weekly advertised smart coupons

My weekly add has an item advertised, with a discount with FD smart coupons. However, I've updated my FD account and added the app on my phone, but the advertised coupon is not available when I went to clip it. I've searched from my phone app and from my personal computer to no avail. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is there a glitch in the system. This item is only advertised for one week and I want to purchase it, so I'm hoping to get some help by going directly in a store tomorrow. The coupon is for febreze plug in refills, advertised at 2/$10 less smart coupon of $5, making my final price 2/$5.

10:50 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar employee named (tanya) unknown last name discrimination falsely accusing

The Police Was Called On Me After My Transaction Accusing Me Of Shoplifting by the same employee (Tanya) that handled my transaction at the register I Parked In Front The Store And went to other stores in the area upon returning to my vehicle i observed Tanya and about 8 officers surrounding my vehicle. She stated "everything in my bag was stolen". after the police reviewed my receipt they determined i lawfully purchased all of the merchandise. I'm writing this because it's already hard out here for a black male and the relationships between police is not all that great in this city so for this Lady to call the police on me after taking my money i feel as though there's actions that needs to be taken place. I am very embarrassed by this mis-accusation among many other things i just can not seem to understand why she went as far as calling the cops hounding my vehicle and having the Philadelphia Police Search for me when she (Tanya) just assisted me with my purchase. This situation could have turned out so much differently and i'm Highly Upset that her ignorance allowed this incident to occur.

Update by Basseer123
Oct 07, 2019 10:56 am EDT

I would like to hear back from a live person ASAP. My number is [protected]

R
9:13 am EDT

Family Dollar my personal information

I went to shop in the family dollar Yesturday 10/06/2019 around 5 o'clock. Left my wallet on the counter came back after came back to get it. Employer stated she gave it to another customer with out verifying who's wallet it was i want to sue do to my personal info was gaving to a stranger and she didn't even bother to check the ID in the wallet i made police report the report number is [protected]-1729-00 I would like for this to be watched. Video agian as employe had the wallet. To verify who wallet it belonged too. Before giving my personal info to a stranger my debit card. Along with 800 in cash that was going to my rent office in there along with my social security card and my licenses where u can clearly see my picture with my name and my address this a complete stranger with all my info and all it it took was a verifications from the employee to make sure it was the correct person

9:59 pm EDT

Family Dollar customer service

I went in 15 minutes before closing time because I just got off of work at 8:30 my son needed pampers and I don't have much gas to go anywhere else . Before I even got in the store the lady lock the door and just shook her head no and shoo me off and it was before 9pm.. my son needed pampers and I am a single mom with no help and again it was before 9 pm

2:26 pm EDT

Family Dollar store manager

On Thursday October 3rd the store manager called a meeting in the front of the store I observed the store manager talking smart yelling and screaming at the cashier I really think she was trying to provoke the cashier cause I was in the back of the store and heard the store manager telling another employee that she was going to make the cashier mad so she will quit or get fired however I moved to the back of the store cause the situation had gotten out of hand and I didn't wannabe hurt but the store manager was unprofessional to call a meeting while people were in the store I felt terrible for the cashier who was then fired cause she's been there for a while and is a friendly person will I ever go back in there no I will not cause of that situation I been going there for over 10years never witnessed that the store manager needs to be fired cause that was uncalled for until she's gone there is a whole lot of us customers who will not be going in there something needs to be done I will go through every measure to make sure this store manager is removed

10:10 pm EDT

Family Dollar service

Store #10302
Date of incident 09/28/2019 @ 815 am, 915pm
Date of incident 10/05/2019 @ approx 7:45 pm

On 9/28/2019 my brother and I were in the store upon it opening and could hear over the course of us being in the store over 30 minutes listen to your store manager Jana discuss a employee over the phone with multiple other employees. This discuss discussed how the employee was not there to open the store and that instead of firing her she would get her to still come in to work and then write her up for being late so she could be fired. She even called the employee on the speaker phone and had a conversation with her while customers were in the store. After talking with her Jana called Chris another person that works for you and talked about the employee over the speaker. The speaker was so loud that you could hear it in the back of the sore. Later that afternoon I was in the store and noticed a shift manager AJ being super rude to customers. This was not the first time I have noticed this. When asked employees for corporate office or upper management number was told that Chris and Jana were friends with AJ so it would be no cause to report.
On 10/05/2019 my son went into the store and purchased a TV converter and the cashier Michael rung him up. At that time the register Michael was on was not working properly to print receipts. Less than 10 minutes later he took the converter back in the store for a refund. AJ would not give a refund. he was told he had to get a gift card. I was on the phone and stated to my son to just bring the converter back and that I would handle it on the following day. My son told him multiple times that he would just bring the item back. I told them to give him something in writing stating the machine was not printing receipts at the time of his purchase. He had me on speaker so they both heard me say not to return the converter. They refused to give back the converter and gave him a gift card anyway. He gave him the gift card to hide the fact that he had that register running without printing receipts. He is not capable of running a shift and is being allowed to talk and do as he please therefore that are talking to young employees bad and rude to customers. The machine did not print a receipt and that is not a customer problem it is definitely a shift and store manger problem. That store need a revamp of all new people and it needs to start at the top. AJ is just not professional. Another issue is when a customer tonight was short with her ticket Michael allowed her to get the money she came back with 75 pennies. He counted it but in was on the counter. He asked Michael where did you get this mess from. He replied a customer that was 75 cent short. AJ said eww! Really I didn't know it mattered how Family Dollar get a dollar as long as one is made.We should have gotten a gift card in the place of a cash transaction.
Sherita McFadden
205.515.2064

Update by Sherita Stovall
Oct 05, 2019 10:12 pm EDT

N update

L
8:08 pm EDT

Family Dollar customer service was great except for one

So I walked into the store, looked around and socialized with one of your members that goes by the name of Jen talking about the quality of the pumpkin cravers, and leave the store to grab my change from my car and come back in. I'm looking at some of the stuff when a different member came up to me by the name of ken and gave me attitude saying that Jen is working, I know why you came in so why don't you grab your stuff and leave. Honestly I wanted to punch the [censored] out of this guy, first of all you don't [censored]ing know what I'm there for. I'm there to grab snacks because I had a long day at work to the point where my hands are covered in oil and in grease because I work on cars just got out of a ten hour shift to be treated this way. I continue with my shopping and I hear the female Jen confront the male Jen and told him that was a bit out of line, he was just looking around and asking for items. I come here every Saturday and Sunday night after work, and for what to be treated like [censored]. I want something done about this I atleast deserve a Sincear apology. I am sending you a picture of my hand to show how legit I am about working, my [censored] off to be treated like this. All I can say ken was rude and very unprofessional, Jen on the other hand was completely professional and it made me atleast comfortable to hear that she thought what he did was out of proportion and not necessary, thank you Jen. I'd like to speak to dm about this on top of that, this will be going on social media because of how he acted towards me

J
6:52 pm EDT

Family Dollar checkout cashier

I ran in to get a couple of packs of taco seasoning. The cashier had on a Bluetooth headset talking to someone about an unknown sister that had made contact with her as she checked out customers. (Drama customers should not have to listen to.) I handed her a $20 that she laid on the counter and marked with a marker of some type. Since it was $3.17 I thought I would see if I had change rather than her having to count out change. It's difficult to get change out of my wallet so I placed my loose change on the counter and separated seventeen cents. I picked up my other change to put back in my wallet and she stated, "Pick it up and hand it to me, please." And I looked up, surprised with a "What?" Her reply, "Pick it up and hand it to me." To which I stated, " You have your pay." She did hand me my $17 with a parting, "I would not do you that way." And I'm thinking, what way? Is there a rule that money must be placed in the cashier's hand. If so, please post it.

R
4:31 pm EDT

Family Dollar didn't know what a manufacturer coupons were

So I went to family dollar to do some shopping on Saturday afternoon...upon checking out I reached for my coupons & handed them to the cashier he placed them on the counter...he never scanned them...I said yall don't keep the coupons he said no...so I put back in my purse & proceeded to go to my truck something said check your receipt & to my susprise he never scanned them...so now I gotta go back in the store get back in line & wait for him to get to me & I say you never scanned my coupons he looked @ me like what was coupons I said do you know what these are he said no...really & you work in a store that takes them...so I asked the other cashier do you know how to do coupons he said yes...but I had to go to my truck & retrieve my items so he can return & resale the items back so I can get my refund...much to my problem I was late for my appointment due to your cashier not knowing what a coupon was & standing back in line on a nice Saturday afternoon...

4:17 pm EDT

Family Dollar fire hazard

I moved here 5 years ago and there is no other dollar store/ outlet in our small community. The Isles are continuously packed with carts and it is a fire hazard and does not allow a satisfied experience ever. The store has actually caught fire in the past and I am surprised the facility did not burn down. The refrigeration units have been replaced in the last year and the top dogs were here and the issue was not corrected then. When the employees are asked about this they state hours are not given to correct the problem and they can't give us the phone number to complain because they will get in trouble. They also state hours might be increased for a week but they are dropped and the Isles are still not cleared. If no response is returned photos and news reports will be broadcasted amongst our community and surrounding areas. Time to address this ongoing situation of utmost neglect of an only provider and dangerous situation.

Read full review of Family Dollar and 1 comment
1 comment
breannamonique
FORT WALTON BEACH, US
Nov 14, 2020 11:31 am EST

^ the manager at the family dollar and i need someone to contact me about it asap

D
12:59 pm EDT

Family Dollar store opening

I stopped by this store this morning right at 9am and they were still CLOSED! Not open even though the posted sign says 8am! The staff in this store leaves much to be desired. Last year in the Fall they had it so hot in there people were leaving the store! I took photos of the clutter and unpacked boxes blocking entire aisles another time but I can't find them now! Corporate officers need to come down and go into the store incognito and observe the conditions and personnel immediately!

J
10:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar phone charger and plug

I bought this phone charger on oct. 3rd took it back oct 4th because it did not fit or work on my phone I have the receipt very ignorant store no help from the assistant manager would not give me my money back stating they have signs up no returns on electronics cannot get a hold of manager beverly of that store there was no signs up when I purchase the product I talk to corporate on there voice mail stating they take back all products within 30 days with a receipt I eas told from corporate it is up to the store manager to take it back I have the receipt

5:29 pm EDT

Family Dollar charge the wrong amount on an item

Store number 11150: 10/4/2019 at 13:46pm Gain softener was price $5 instead of $3.95. Told the cashier and manager about it but they didn't want to do anything about it saying they can't change the price in their system. I know it's only a few dollars but their attitude towards me that's what pisses me off. I told her to give me a refund and they did with an attitude. It was suppose to be $5.46 but she gave me back only $3. I asked her for my receipt back because I bought others items too but she refused saying she will need to submit it to corporate. That's a total bs right there. She probably pocketed the other $2 dollars. I shop at this store several times and never have they greeted me nor say thank you when I'm done paying. Never again will I shop at this location again.

Family Dollar In-depth Review

Store Layout and Organization: The store layout and organization at Family Dollar is well-designed and easy to navigate. The aisles are wide enough to accommodate shopping carts, and the shelves are neatly stocked and labeled. It is convenient to find the products you need without any hassle.

Product Variety and Availability: Family Dollar offers a wide variety of products, ranging from household essentials to groceries, clothing, and electronics. The store is well-stocked, and most items are readily available. However, some specific brands or niche products may not always be in stock.

Pricing and Discounts: Family Dollar is known for its affordable prices and frequent discounts. The prices are competitive, and you can find great deals on various items throughout the store. The store also offers weekly ads and digital coupons, allowing customers to save even more money.

Customer Service: The customer service at Family Dollar is generally friendly and helpful. The staff members are knowledgeable about the products and are willing to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns. However, during peak hours, there may be a slight delay in receiving assistance due to high customer traffic.

Online Shopping Experience: Family Dollar's online shopping experience is convenient and user-friendly. The website is easy to navigate, and you can browse through the available products with ease. The online ordering process is straightforward, and the delivery options are reliable.

Return and Exchange Policy: Family Dollar has a fair return and exchange policy. If you are not satisfied with a product, you can return it within a specified time frame with the original receipt for a refund or exchange. However, certain items, such as electronics, may have different return policies due to their nature.

Store Cleanliness and Maintenance: Family Dollar stores are generally clean and well-maintained. The aisles are regularly swept, and the shelves are organized. However, during busy periods, some areas may become slightly disorganized due to high customer traffic.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Family Dollar offers a loyalty program called Smart Coupons. By signing up for the program, customers can access exclusive discounts and receive personalized offers. The program also allows you to earn points on purchases, which can be redeemed for additional savings.

Community Involvement and Social Responsibility: Family Dollar is committed to community involvement and social responsibility. The company actively participates in various charitable initiatives and supports local communities. They also prioritize sustainability by implementing eco-friendly practices in their operations.

Overall Shopping Experience: Overall, shopping at Family Dollar is a pleasant experience. The store offers a wide range of products at affordable prices, and the staff is generally helpful. The online shopping option provides convenience, and the return policy is fair. With a clean and well-organized store layout, Family Dollar ensures a positive shopping experience for its customers.

How to file a complaint about Family Dollar?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, provide a concise summary of your main issue with Family Dollar. This title should be clear and to the point, giving a snapshot of the problem.

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint details section, describe your experience thoroughly. Mention key areas such as product issues, customer service interactions, store cleanliness, pricing discrepancies, or any other relevant concerns. Include specifics such as dates, locations, and names if possible. If you've had a transaction with the company, detail the transaction, including any receipts or transaction numbers. Clearly explain the nature of the issue, the steps you took to resolve it, and how the company responded. It's important to articulate the personal impact the issue has had on you, whether it be frustration, financial loss, or time wasted.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, photos, or other evidence. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you may have incurred as a result of the issue with Family Dollar. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what you would consider a satisfactory resolution to your complaint.

7. Review before submission: Before submitting your complaint, review it carefully to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all relevant details have been included.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint with ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. Regularly check your account to stay informed about the progress of your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Family Dollar customer service

Phone number

+1 (866) 377-6420

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Family Dollar?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Family Dollar Customer Service. Initial Family Dollar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Family Dollar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Family Dollar. Discuss the issues you have had with Family Dollar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.