Menu
Family Dollar Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Family Dollar
reviews & complaints

www.familydollar.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.2 2288 Reviews

Family Dollar Complaints Summary

85 Resolved
2203 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Family Dollar with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Family Dollar has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Family Dollar. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Family Dollar reviews & complaints 2288

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Family Dollar reviews & complaints

4:36 pm EDT

Family Dollar manager was crazy rude and talked down loudly with a store full of ppl to another employee

I was there yesterday and I have had issues with the manger there before her name is Avonelle but I have heard ppl call her Nell the date was Oct 25 2019 I was shocked how she talked to me I told her I have had enough of how you have treated me and she said well call corporate I dare you to then she yelled at the girl waiting on me accusing her of being on her register when I know she wasn't the young girl replied no I wasn't Nell I know I am not supposed to I have been here on mine since I got in there was a line full of ppl and no one was helping this girl out either but she yelled at her loudly I looked around and everyone looked so sorry for this girl I don't know her name she didn't have on a name tag but I felt awful for her to be publically humiliated like that I know I probably said somethings to that manager I shouldn't have as I was going out the door I heard her call me a [censored] that is the worst I have ever been treated at any store it was all because I asked her why my $5 coupon did not show up on my purchase she is awful and I am not the only one who thinks so some other bigger woman was standing with her and apparently found how she was treating me amusing cause she was smiling at her and I am not the only one who has been treated bad by this woman and the other one standing with the manager I felt bad for the lil girl on the register more than myself

Mrs. T.A. McCloud
Oct 29, 2019 10:15 am EDT

Tuesday, October 29, Tuesday morning 9:00 A.M...I just left the family dollar store on East Waco Drive, in
Waco,
Texas... I went in to buy a bag of Lays Chips, because they were advertised as 2/5.00... When I went to the counter the manager charged me 3.00 and some change. I said, "They were advertised as 2/5.00."... He rudely answered, "If you buy two!" I then told him, "You don't have to be so rude!" "I am a customer, you can at least smile." He was sooooooooooooo rude and disrespectful...He doesn't need to work with the public at all... I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but he needs to be taught common sense manners and respect (customer service)... He spoke with an African accent, didn't get his name, but he was absolutely out of order...

S
6:48 pm EDT

Family Dollar customer service

Went into my local family dollar like I do every few days to get some quick things. Was told my children had to either wait outside or leave their backpacks outside since they don't want thieves in their store. My daughter shouldn't be called thief as she's never stolen anything and was just with me after school. I also should not be told that simply because she was a teen that she was a thief. This was stated by an employee who wasn't even clocked in as she was in the checkout line herself. Then when I asked for her name she refused as did the girl behind the counter. Telling me it's corporate policy that no one is allowed to bring any bag into the store and they have signs posted. I know this is false as weeks ago I helped a man who had a large backpack tie the strap to his back after making his purchases from the store so he could ride home. I'm extremely disappointed in this store. The employee at the checkout told me that she's just trying to protect her store from thieves. I've never ever been accused of being a thief, bring my bag in all the time with no issue and am insulted that simply because my daughter is a teen she's called a thief in your store. I usually shop at your store every few days, but after the customer service there I feel like my money is better spent at a store that's not going to profile my child and make her feel she's done something wrong when she's done nothing more than exist.

8:57 pm EDT

Family Dollar management

My boyfriend purchased some Tylenol cold & flu medicine Wednesday night. I tried returning the unopened' unused product with my reciept Thursday morning only to be told they do not accept returns on over the counter medications. I went onto the web and made sure there was nothing in the fine print about OTC drugs and there isnt. This store just refuses to allow me to return it.

5:24 pm EDT

Family Dollar customer service complaint

Good Day,

My name is Arleta Hubbard and I shopped at Family Dollar Store #08206 this afternoon and witnessed the interaction between an employee and a customer today. I saw the employee named Terranica (the store manager) as the name given by the employee when asked for her name and titled yell, scream and become very aggressive with the customer after the customer questioned the employee's work ethic. The customer carried an arm full of things to the front for check out as the employee sat with a male employee at the kiosk in the store and was engaged in a conversation as the customer walked up. The customer approached the counter that is normally opened and when she placed her items on the counter was directed to a register on the other side of the counter. The customer asked why the employee did not let her know that while approaching the register that was closed and told the employee that as they looked each other in the eye prior to that. The employee responded by saying she was not paying attention to her. The customer reminded the employee that she should always pay attention to the customer especially when checking out and asked the employee to just check her out so that she can leave. The manager was so irate that I felt it would be a physical confrontation on the manager's part as she got quite heated. A different customer came into the front door and saw what was going on and immediately stated she also has problems with the same employee at times in the store. So it seemed to all make sense when seeing and hearing the employee's reaction toward this customer. She even got snippy with me when I tried to say there is another way to handle this and when asked for the corporate number she gave me the wrong number. She began to tell a different customer that the store and customers were ghetto and I felt that it was discrimination on her part to sterotype a person. I took from this experience that the store is out of sync with positive public relation policies, and accountability for the intergrity of the company/employees and this particular employee needs to be addressed immediately including termination seeing that she is representing your company. I was sorely disappointed because this is my store of choice and I frequent it regularly. I will now have to adjust and find a different place to shop. When told she would be reported she stated she did not care and it did not matter. Well I was compelled to file this complaint on behalf of all of the consumers in this area. If you need to contact me for further information please contact me at [protected] or email me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Q
12:08 pm EDT

Family Dollar the site manager was so rude wouldn't even give me her name

I came to this store I always go to and purchase d a tv connection I took it home and it didn't work on my tvOS I came back to return it I stood in line while the store manager do a interview or help someone fill out a application cause the person at the register wasn't authorized to do a return she let about 10 people get rung up while she ignored me she finally came to help after I got upset asking what's the hold up she came to the register to do my refund and said where the card u purchase it with I told her I don't have the card so she told me I had to get a family dollar gift card which I didn't want so she just walked off from me and ignored me again I asked her for her name and she said her name was Brittany No name I believe ..she was rude and unprofessional I've been shopping with u guys for years especially that store I was so disappointed with the treatment I received that day

7:41 pm EDT

Family Dollar customer service

I visited this store Tuesday October 22, 2019 around 5pm. While standing in line waiting to checkout, I noticed the line was getting rather long. There was only 1 young man on the register checking out customers while 2 other employees just stood at an open register having a long conversation. This conversation went on and on while they ignored the long line of customers waiting to checkout. Customers began to get frustrated with the long unnecessary wait. Someone shouted out can we get some assistance on the other register and the employee shouted "NO" and then laughed. The customer said that's not funny. The employee ( a guy by the name of Anthony) said I've been here since 6am. I then said, that is not MY problem. Anthony continued to shout and disrespect me and another customer. We left our products and began to leave the store. I told Anthony that I will report him. He said SO! I told him you are being very unprofessional, what is your name? He stretched his name tag out towards me and encouraged me to go ahead and report him. I have never been disrespected by an employee of any store. I'd like to add that we are African American and he was Caucasian.

N
12:45 pm EDT

Family Dollar store manager

As an proud employee of Family Dollar I have a compliant that I feel needs to be addressed via online complaint due to its sensitive nature. The store manager has a demeanor that has been causing a hostile work environment, whether it be her negative, nonconstructive, and biased statement towards associates, or the fact that only a select few associates are spoken to and treated this way it is clearly prejudice. I have heard her call people 'Retarded" when we have Intellectually Disabled people that shop our store all the time not to mention the numerous times EVERY associate has heard her being disrespectful to our customers of other ethnicities. She complains any time she has to work more than 5 days in a row but recently scheduled the only other full time associate for 9 days straight, Also she complains any time an associate has to request off a day, when other full time people requested off days she went around saying how she needs a assistant manager that actually works. Any time there is three or more workers there at a time she barely does anything and puts most of her work off on other associates. Most of the time she sits on the computer after saying" I need to get this done " but she does something completely different which is why multiple people from other stores were required to help fix most of our store. Her poor time management skills come up again as there has yet to be a schedule done on time. I would put my information on here so I could tell the whole story but I fear for retaliation because that's what she's good at. I would also like to express my concerns on how she treats our only older employee because it is getting worse and worse she is pretty much walking on eggshells because Brenda Carman is looking for anything and everything to write her up on so she can be fired. I have attempted to resolve this issue internally with my Family Dollar manager and colleagues with no avail. We are losing customers and associates because of her please help save Wewoka Family Dollar Store and bring Dusty back.

With sincere thanks,
Concerned Employee

P
11:11 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar unable to return item that was purchased at another location even through I had receipt.

On Oct. 21, 2019 at 7:50 pm I needed to return a telephone that I had purchased at another Family Dollar store. It was the same day with everything still in the box along with the receipt. However, due to me being in the area on Dixie Hwy I stopped by a Family Dollar store located at 2501 Dixie Hwy which a heavy set black man with a cap on his head standing at the door when I told him that I needed to return my phone . I told him that I purchased it at another location and he told me that I had to return it to the location that I purchased it at. This is the first time that I have ever heard that. Also, I thought all Family Dollar was the same as long as you have a receipt and the product was in it original form.

Mary G.

richardprice143@hotmail.com
Oct 22, 2019 2:56 pm EDT

cant get noone to answer phone when i`m allmost close they say wait 5 days i want to complain now why igot to choose spanish this is america we speak english here

X
9:57 am EDT

Family Dollar store location in fort pierce florida off old us highway 1.

Im complaining about the management there his name is Marcus he had me do the hire application once completed he told me to come to work on Wednesday well I did but was sent home because his manager had to do another form on me and it said my identity couldnt be confirmed and It wouldn't let them call the number. So the next day I went back to family dollar to ask Marcus how long will it take for him to find out whats going on well he seemed very irritated when I asked him. He said do u see all this stuff I have to work it so when I get my job done and if I get anytime to call the number I will but the way it say it he come off very Rude. I haven't even started working there yet he has my phone number and still hasnt called to let me know anything its been 2 weeks or a bit longer now. And they just keep hiring more and more people. Well when Marcus had done my hiring paper work he was talking to another employee about weed etc and he even told me he smokes it because it helps with stress. Well u can smell it on them if they get close to u. And when u are trying to check out there's not always a cashier behinfld the counter they really need help and a better hiring manager that has respect and cares about his current employees and his new ones because its like hes very careless honestly he has my phone number and hasnt even kepted me updated or anything its sad. Because I was told I can't work until the verification identity is verified and mine kepted saying denied unverified and they are the only ways that can call the number to find out whats going on.

K
3:35 pm EDT

Family Dollar charged wrong price for cat food.

So i Bought a cart full of items bathroom cleaner, food, floor cleaner and 34 cans of cat food. Manager Biola, counted the cans not checking that majority were 9 lives @ $.40 cents per can. She charged me for all the cans @ the price of Friskies cat $.60 cents. I called the store, I was told that in order to get a refund would be to take items up there so they can re-ring them up correctly. I am Disabled, I am not going to take everything up there. She is a Manager and has no clue how to do her job. Your company owes me a refund. Do something about this manager... This is not the first time. She is very disrespectful, Does not help when there is long lines..Instead customers have to wait 20 minutes. Poor management.. Receipt #[protected].

Read full review of Family Dollar and 2 comments
2 comments
Crystal Murray
Nov 02, 2019 3:27 pm EDT

I just left store # 8428 who charged me incorrectly for an item they mis-displayed. The manager continued to blame corporate. WOW how do you get paid and don’t want to take that manager role? Someone from corporate should just run the store ridiculous Truly !

10:14 pm EDT

Family Dollar food

I went today and purchased some cheese packets of the shelf and they were expired since 2018 we are 10/20/19 today and my son grabbed some marshmallows and they were expired since July 2019 I do not understand why would yall have expired food on the shelfs... I got home and thankfully my wife checked the food and everything was expired 4 months or more..I purchased 7 packets of cheese from the shelf and they were all expired

Update by Myke Garza
Oct 20, 2019 10:18 pm EDT

I purchased expired food from one of your stores all food was expired every single item I dont understand why yall would have expired food on yall shelfs my son ate some marshmallows and they had been expired for 4 months

Rubenzzz
Oct 21, 2019 2:24 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The customer is right in this case. A store shouldn't be selling expired products. Shame on you for talking to the customer like they were your 8 year old child.

3:28 pm EDT

Family Dollar access issues

Today at roughly 2pm I was in my neighborhood store doing my usual shopping. Nothing out of the ordinary. I finished my shopping and got to the cashier (Bridgett) as I started to put my things on the counter she stated to me in front of other people that myself and service dog are not allowed in the store while he is not in his vest. I kindly told her that he is not required to have one on. She then stated that I am by there standards have to have one on or we are not allowed on the premises. She stated that I was lying and to show her the laws in which state this. I verbally recited them to her. ADA law does not require that a service dog have anything on identifying who he is or what he is for. She also continued to tell me that the store manager Joe is the person who is saying this. I requested to speak with him. As she then stated he is not working today but he works tomorrow. I asked what time does he come in and she told me don't worry about it to give her the information and she would give it to him. This is not the first issue I have had with her. Prior to this she yelled at myself and children in the store over shoes which again there is no law stating I have to wear shoes.

9:49 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Family Dollar closing the front door's to early

This was the e-mail that I sent as I was not allow to enter your store located at 4446 Park Heights Baltimore Maryland 21215 (667)217-1258 also I'm using an old receipt as well because I was not allowed to enter on the day in question because she closed your store front door's 7:26pm

Rich Parker

Fri, Oct 18, 9:45 PM (2 days ago)

I was going to your store to do some shopping when a young black female who sometimes works as a cashier refuse to let me enter the family Dollar store she was at this time letting a black couple whom she knew into the store I myself was only steps behind the couple that was just entering the store when she said we are closed, we close at 7:30pm I said holding up my cellphone to show the time that it was only 7:26pm and even though your store post that it close at 8:00pm she still would not allow me into the store just simply walked away saying oh well.. please check your cameras concerning this incident which happens tonight Fri. Oct.18, 2019 at 7:26pm and be advised this is not the 1st time this has happened with this young black girl I hate to fraze it like that but I don't know her name and didn't see a I'd badge... As a Property Manager myself with that type of behavior I would let her go because how can I pay you when your stopping my store from making the money I use to pay you.. that's poor business because it is costing my business double adding to the fact I just lost a customer who will tell other customers and eventually I'll be going out of business because all of my customers are gone, all because of not being allowed to shop in my store .. P. S. I did my shopping at Save-A-Lot that is only around the corner and was open for my business... Have a good day
Mr. Richard Parker
Cell Phone number

Update by Rich Parker
Oct 22, 2019 7:17 pm EDT

Thank You for your comment Mr. DeAndre Washington but this is for real and not a game or for points it happened and if your not in support of what I'm saying then please keep your comment's to yourself...

But note my statement towards you was conducted in a professional manner without the use of profanity...
the way disagreement's should be handled so thank you again sir for your input but you solved nothing.

Rich Parker Property Manager

Update by Rich Parker
Oct 22, 2019 6:56 pm EDT

I wasn't with my family when I was trying to enter the store sir. I was alone and the items that I was trying to buy was in front of the store sitting in front of the counter across from the cash register which is also known as The Point Of Sale... that purchase would have only taken mere sec. not min. or even hrs. but sec.

This is what Mr. DeAndre Washington on Oct 20, 2019
Posted on The Complaints Board Website in response to my complaint about what happen to me on this day.

Hi there Rich. Nobody can "do some shopping" with their family and leave the store within four minutes. The staff was correct to not allow new customers to enter. Thanks for posting, I hope this clears things up.

Which in plain English means" they did absolutely nothing" so my next steps are to report this location to BBB aka The Better Business Bureau as well as to The Family Dollar corporate office and then if that isn't enough I'll go to social media to type up a petition, making a grievance against the family dollar located at 4446 Park Heights Ave Baltimore Maryland 21215 after all of this is done someone will most definitely be let go and the way that the employees treat the customers that go to do their business with this place will indeed change, That's Guaranteed..

Mr.Richard Parker - Property Manager

2:16 am EDT

Family Dollar worker jenna graham

I Went shopping yesterday and the checkout lady Jenna was stocking and called my son who is 7 years old a beaner just because he put something back on the shelf where it didn't belong. I asked what her managers name was and she told me for what and would not tell me. I am shocked that such racist employes work for your wonderful company. I asked around and found her last name it is Graham and a simple public record search reveals she is a felon who sold alchohol to miners and then skipped her court date and got another felony in your very county! I would appreciate that she be dealt with. Thanks.

Z
8:46 pm EDT

Family Dollar tabaco

I came in this evening to have my daughter by me cigarettes and she is 18 was born before August 31, 2001. They refused to sell them to here because they said she had to be 21. She even pointed out the sign that they have and it states she can buy them as long as she was born before then. I have a very big problem with this as I spend a lot of money with y'all.

J
8:08 pm EDT

Family Dollar the whole store

I have visited and shopped many many family dollar stores, I have even thought about applying to work at a family dollar store, and travel around to ones who need help, but quite frankly, it's real embarrassing enough and frustrating because I go into this family dollar, and it was the worst! There was hardly anything on the shelf's, sooo many products thrown around in different areas, boxes of supplies were completely thrown all over, a major trip hazard, the floors were gross, looked like a complete war zone! Its litteraly all over the floors, thrown into isles they didn't belong in, I have pictures of this store, inside as I was walking through, I litteraly had to leave my cart and go! But.. Before I did, I ended up buying a charge cord at the counter for my phone and nooo one in line but, the wonn working had earbuds in her ear, having a long conversation as she is ringing me up telling the other. Person on her phone.. She just got these and was testing them out and kept talking as she rang me out.. Not even acknowledging me even to talk to me, just kept talking on the phone and I went in my way.. Then.. I get out side and there are 2 cats that pull up in broad day light, doing a drug deal.. And people in lot and not even caring like it happens all time.. This store really needs to be inspected! And with out notice so there is no time to "stage" it.. I have plenty of pics i'm if you'd like to see... My name is jamie, and I live 2.7 miles from this store and you can contact me back here if you'd like or contact me at [protected]. Thank you and these pics are not even half of what it really is..

B
10:18 pm EDT

Family Dollar employee and the store manager

On the night of October 17th, I took my son to the family dollar to spend his money that he earned. He wanted to purchase an Itunes card. When I get there, I noticed my brother and his wife standing outside talking (his wife works there). So I didn't say anything, we processed to walk into the store. He purchases his card and we go to leave. As I'm walking to my car, I notice her run inside and lock the door, start yelling and making gestures that she wanted to fight. Her and the other girl working was pointing at my car and saying something. I got out of my car and proceed to go into the store but it was locked. She began yelling at me through the door saying me and my children are not welcome and that are barred from the store and called the police on me. I never really go into that store but I have been in on different occasions and I have never been barred from the store, I never done anything to be barred. She stated that her store manager/bestfriend, Latrice MIles barred me from the store. All of this just caused embarassment for me and my children. There were customers inside the store laughing at the things she was saying. She made a racist remark (I'm biracial). Tabbie Sorenson-McCart is the employee in which I am referring. She really has a personal issue with me and has called the police on me before. I have never been told I wasn't allowed at that store and my children were embarrased. If she hadn't locked the door, I would have gotten a refund because my sons money does not belong in that store, I will spread the word and yell from the roof tops of how unproffesional the staff is, until something is done. Not a penny of my money will go into that store as long as they are there. I do intend on speaking with my attorney tomorrow. My children and I did not deserve this treatment!

Update by barb mack
Oct 17, 2019 11:03 pm EDT

Continued...

Tabbie Sorrenson- McCart doesn't act that way when she is at my grandmothers house. She doesn't run, lock doors or anything. She has a personal issue with my children and has called them racial slurs and basically treated them bad until we left my grandmothers house which was over two years ago. It was also stated that if I came into the store, her and her "crew" was going to jump on me. Since I am quote unquote barred from the store, I would like proof in some type of paper work or video stating that I was barred from that store, or that I have done something at that store to be barred. I don't think you can stop someone from spending their money in a store just because you don't like that person let alone call the police on someone whom isn't actually barred from the store! My children, whom are only 11 and 9 felt highly embarrassed at the way she was carrying on in that store. Something needs to be done about her and the store manager. I do intend to take this to court, I will be taking this to an attorney tomorrow. I also would like all proof of me being barred and the video from tonight for court and attorney purposes, thank you.

na

B
5:15 pm EDT

Family Dollar cashier of the day!!

10-17-2019
09:04:36
[protected]

I went into the family dollar to shop.
The gentleman that was working was not very helpful
I still began to shop.
Just know when he was cashing me out he said in the middle of tranaction.. Hold on I neef to send this tex.
Not to say how disappointing I was. More to the story!
I started showing at the dollar store a few years ago. Never have I been that disrespected.
I spent $140.00 in that place.. Probably the gentleman salary.
So please get back with me asap I have 2 returns.
I will be recording my entrance to the store and how this is going to be handled.
[protected]
Service isnt the best so tex or email.
Leave me a message I can call back.
[protected]@gmail.com
Brandy
Bonsignore

L
7:20 pm EDT

Family Dollar cashier

I clipped my coupons in the app before I went to the store at the check out I entered my phone number and when the cashier told me the total I asked if the coupons went through and first she was just talking to the other employee and she didn't even looked at the receipt or anything she said well if you entered your number they should be there and I said yes I did entered my number but they didn't went through and she said then you didn't punched enter and I said I did and she was all rude like if I was retarded I'm Hispanic and she started to do like sign lenguaje and I've told her I do understand You perfectly all
I'm asking it's the coupons didn't went trough and she said even more rude and louder in front of the rest of the people well maybe you didn't even clipped so you know how to use a phone an app and I said look I do and showed her the clipped coupons and then she said well then I don't know and I said can you return the items and re ran the transaction and she said look if you don't know how to use your phone it's not my problem you don't know how to clip coupons if isn't there then you don't have coupons and I said look the coupons are clipped I'm not stupid and she got more louder and said I don't understand you what do you want and I said an I speak with your manager and she said I'm the manager and I said you know what you don't need to be this rude I'll just gonna call customer service about this and she said go hunny go I'm
So scared and laughed

D
6:03 pm EDT

Family Dollar discrimination

On October 5, 2019 we had a grand opening at our Neely Rd. store in Memphis TN. My district manager placed a "TIP JAR" out for the customers that wanted food. She also did this at two other grand openings prior to this incident. Yesterday she calls to fire me. She claims that the prize my husband won at the grand opening was against policy. But, my coworker's wife also won a prize. Only the devil would stand behind a decision so unethically. My co-worker wasn't fired. And isn't the DM taking tips from the costumers against policy? I haven't been contacted by anyone about this immoral termination. I have witnesses and everything was visible of the camera.

ᖴ'ᑌ
Feb 09, 2020 2:29 pm EST

Lying won't help your case.

Family Dollar In-depth Review

Store Layout and Organization: The store layout and organization at Family Dollar is well-designed and easy to navigate. The aisles are wide enough to accommodate shopping carts, and the shelves are neatly stocked and labeled. It is convenient to find the products you need without any hassle.

Product Variety and Availability: Family Dollar offers a wide variety of products, ranging from household essentials to groceries, clothing, and electronics. The store is well-stocked, and most items are readily available. However, some specific brands or niche products may not always be in stock.

Pricing and Discounts: Family Dollar is known for its affordable prices and frequent discounts. The prices are competitive, and you can find great deals on various items throughout the store. The store also offers weekly ads and digital coupons, allowing customers to save even more money.

Customer Service: The customer service at Family Dollar is generally friendly and helpful. The staff members are knowledgeable about the products and are willing to assist customers with any inquiries or concerns. However, during peak hours, there may be a slight delay in receiving assistance due to high customer traffic.

Online Shopping Experience: Family Dollar's online shopping experience is convenient and user-friendly. The website is easy to navigate, and you can browse through the available products with ease. The online ordering process is straightforward, and the delivery options are reliable.

Return and Exchange Policy: Family Dollar has a fair return and exchange policy. If you are not satisfied with a product, you can return it within a specified time frame with the original receipt for a refund or exchange. However, certain items, such as electronics, may have different return policies due to their nature.

Store Cleanliness and Maintenance: Family Dollar stores are generally clean and well-maintained. The aisles are regularly swept, and the shelves are organized. However, during busy periods, some areas may become slightly disorganized due to high customer traffic.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Family Dollar offers a loyalty program called Smart Coupons. By signing up for the program, customers can access exclusive discounts and receive personalized offers. The program also allows you to earn points on purchases, which can be redeemed for additional savings.

Community Involvement and Social Responsibility: Family Dollar is committed to community involvement and social responsibility. The company actively participates in various charitable initiatives and supports local communities. They also prioritize sustainability by implementing eco-friendly practices in their operations.

Overall Shopping Experience: Overall, shopping at Family Dollar is a pleasant experience. The store offers a wide range of products at affordable prices, and the staff is generally helpful. The online shopping option provides convenience, and the return policy is fair. With a clean and well-organized store layout, Family Dollar ensures a positive shopping experience for its customers.

How to file a complaint about Family Dollar?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, provide a concise summary of your main issue with Family Dollar. This title should be clear and to the point, giving a snapshot of the problem.

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint details section, describe your experience thoroughly. Mention key areas such as product issues, customer service interactions, store cleanliness, pricing discrepancies, or any other relevant concerns. Include specifics such as dates, locations, and names if possible. If you've had a transaction with the company, detail the transaction, including any receipts or transaction numbers. Clearly explain the nature of the issue, the steps you took to resolve it, and how the company responded. It's important to articulate the personal impact the issue has had on you, whether it be frustration, financial loss, or time wasted.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or images that support your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, photos, or other evidence. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial loss you may have incurred as a result of the issue with Family Dollar. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what you would consider a satisfactory resolution to your complaint.

7. Review before submission: Before submitting your complaint, review it carefully to ensure that it is clear, accurate, and complete. Check for spelling and grammar errors, and make sure all relevant details have been included.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint with ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. Regularly check your account to stay informed about the progress of your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Family Dollar contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Family Dollar?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Family Dollar Customer Service. Initial Family Dollar complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Family Dollar above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Family Dollar. Discuss the issues you have had with Family Dollar and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.